Speaker 1: Second. And sometimes you start a date off and you're already in the hole at a disadvantage, like when you meet someone on Hot Latina Match, but you get there and realize, wait a second, I don't speak any Spanish.
Speaker 2: Oh not?
Speaker 3: Probably the site for you.
Speaker 1: Her four older brothers sure do like uh oh la, no blast Burritos Locos not doing good.
Speaker 3: I would have my brother's punch you too.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners, Tyler, knows that he started the night off at a disadvantage. We'll get to it in just a second, but first, Tyler, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, how are you guys doing your friend?
Speaker 5: I feel like I've been thrown out. If you can't laugh about it, then, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you just cry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are you doing? Your life?
Speaker 1: Well, we're ready to laugh at your terrible first date all the way to the end, but first, tell us about the girl that you met. Who is she?
Speaker 4: So? I matched with a girl named Ali out of dating app? Okay, I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: I've been swiping left so much just as I feel like I'm zoning in on red flags.
Speaker 4: You know, But this one, surprisingly I saw none.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, that's a rare find. For sure, or a.
Speaker 3: Red flag in itself.
Speaker 4: Either she's not going to stay on the market for long or completely and that's fair. Maybe that's the wrong way to put it.
Speaker 1: I guess it depends on her model. Okay, so you took a chance and you and you swiped on her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we swept. I swiped right, and we really bought it on the fact that we both like Asian food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could talk about this.
Speaker 6: Plus it's an easy date setup, right that you're just gonna go get some sort of like Asian.
Speaker 3: Cuisine to sushi, to noodles whatever.
Speaker 1: Is that what you did?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There was a There was an awesome sushi spot that I hadn't gone to before, but I had heard such great things about it, and I was like, Hey, do you want to meet there? And she was like yeah absolutely.
Speaker 1: Is that a red flag that she's so amenable to your first idea? Yeah, Like it'd be nice if she had some standards.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey's looking for someone more picky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm supposed to say you want Kiver.
Speaker 3: That sounds great though, and sushi dates are so fun? Did you share food? You talk about it?
Speaker 1: How to go?
Speaker 5: Well, so here's the thing I was on my way there on the bus and I kind of got distracted. I look up and realized we're at.
Speaker 4: The spot, and I went and ran.
Speaker 5: I dove off the bus, made it just the time.
Speaker 1: Nice Okay.
Speaker 5: As the bus starts to leave, I realized I left my glasses.
Speaker 3: On the bush, like your weight sunglasses. I'm hoping.
Speaker 4: They were prescription O.
Speaker 3: Taking your glasses off on the bus.
Speaker 4: I'm not completely blind. I got a stigmatism, but okay, I mean things are fuzzy.
Speaker 6: So she shows up and looks great. I mean you can't see clearly her features.
Speaker 1: But do you decide to go through with it or do you call it off?
Speaker 4: At that point?
Speaker 5: What am I gonna do?
Speaker 4: Hunt down the bus like there? Yeah, all right, I'm like whenever I'm going to go in and enjoy myself. I walk in, I find her.
Speaker 3: Oh you're able to see her?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I can see that there's a person.
Speaker 1: She's like feeling her face, you feel beautiful.
Speaker 5: I led with the name, and when she was like, I was like, okay, I found the right one.
Speaker 3: Did you explain what had happened?
Speaker 4: I did. I was honest with her. I didn't want to just sit there squinting at her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like you're angry when you do that.
Speaker 4: But here's where things get a little rough. Uh what, I can't read the menu?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many options in sushi.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of ingredients listed on some of those rolls.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to just go with like a you know, a rainbow roll or a spider roll or something in California. But it looks great.
Speaker 4: When I was like, hey, can you read that one again? To me?
Speaker 6: Like, I mean, she felt like she was looking into her future of being married at eighty years old.
Speaker 5: You think she's either I was a geriatric or a toddler.
Speaker 4: One of the food.
Speaker 1: So what happens is does dinner go okay?
Speaker 5: Well, yes, and no, we're not quite that far yet, because the waiter came back to tell me that they were out of like some of the ingredients for one of the roles order.
Speaker 6: So you got to go back to the menu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean eventually you get your food, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But she had to sit there and read the menu to me while the waiters standing right there.
Speaker 3: That's so annoying.
Speaker 1: So four hours after you arrived, they finally bring out your sushi rolls.
Speaker 5: We had a fun time until I had to go home and I realized I can't see the number on the bush.
Speaker 6: No, no, she's got to guide you to the bus, or it's a good option to be like, hey, I can't really see Maybe do you want a uber ride together?
Speaker 3: Put the address in my phone. I can't see that.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 5: So what we did was we stood there. I just had a nice little conversation while we waited for the bus. And I was like, oh, is this thirty five? It's like, no, that's ninety three.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, okay, all right, oh god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably not the best look on you.
Speaker 6: I mean, a bus departure is never a real sexy departure. I advocate for public transportation. Yeah, you know, it's not the hottest look.
Speaker 3: Always.
Speaker 1: Well, does she kiss you or anything? Or we didn't ask that.
Speaker 6: Sorry, we had we had a little hug you kiss typically come on, and he knows if the person that he hugged was actually out at that point.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call her and find out when we do your second date update. Right after this hold up update, we're in the middle of a second date update. With Tyler, who took Ali out for sushi the other day. Problem is he lost his glasses while taking the bus to get there. Oh man, And I know Brooke looks down on people who take the bus. I along with Alexis and Jose think gets totally fine and we one hundred percent support the middle class. Okay, yeah that counts. Meanwhile, Brook, on the other hand, has no problem driving her lambeau down the bus lane while giving the middle finger to quote the commoners riding public transportation.
Speaker 6: All I'm saying is him waiting at the bus stop with her not the best exit, you know, not a sexy exit?
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound Yeah, why are you shaming bus rider? You can lift sexy waiting for a bus. The awkward part was since Tyler didn't have his glasses, he had to have Ali read off the sushi menu twice and help him find his bus home. So, Brook, before we call Ali, are there any of their demographics you'd like to shame? First? Maybe some bicycle riders.
Speaker 3: You are making me such a villain.
Speaker 1: You're making yourself the here, Okay, and then say something nice about bus riders.
Speaker 3: I think riding the bus is great.
Speaker 6: I think public transportation help save the world. It's economic Okay, I just think that it's not hot.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that, Tyler, She says, you smell like p I heard you have to read in between the lines with books.
Speaker 4: Sometimes better for the environment. I'll say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't let her.
Speaker 3: I'm just bringing up a possibility. My god.
Speaker 1: Okay, getting going to get her lamb and drive off. Let's just call Ali here and get to the bottom of this before we lose the other.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait a lamb.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have I had a two thousand and six Super until I wrecked it. Now I have nothing.
Speaker 1: She sent the lambe back to the shop because the customizations weren't done yet. All right, here we go. Let's just call Ali and see what she has to say. Maybe maybe Brooke is ride and Alli was disgusted by the bus thing to disgusting. We get here, we go a friend. Let's just call her. Hello, Hey, is this Ali?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's me, Hey Ali? This is This is Brook and Jeffrey in the morning all.
Speaker 2: The radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, are you a listener?
Speaker 2: Sometimes when I.
Speaker 1: Can, I guess we're doing something that I guess you probably heard on our show before. Called the second date update. Okay, so one of our listeners reach out for a little help named Tyler. Okay, is that a good laugh or is that a demeaning laugh?
Speaker 2: I mean it's kind of weird. He's reaching out to you, guys.
Speaker 3: Well you haven't.
Speaker 6: You haven't gotten back to him after your date, so he's just a little confused as to why.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll tell you. What we know about your date is going out to sushi, and that Tyler admitted to us that he accidentally lost his glasses and left him on the bus. So it was kind of awkward the entire night. You have to read the men you do him and things like that annoying.
Speaker 3: Maybe was that annoying?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And very hard to believe quite frankly.
Speaker 3: So you don't believe him about the glasses, No.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 2: I think this is like a whole shick.
Speaker 3: How would that stick, dick?
Speaker 1: Why would he embarrass himself like that on purpose? Can you explain he.
Speaker 2: Didn't embarrass himself. He made it up.
Speaker 4: So that's a.
Speaker 1: Big accusation there, Alli. Why would you say.
Speaker 2: That it was obvious like he could see and I even like put him to the test a couple of times because like I didn't buy it.
Speaker 1: Well, you can still see a little bit without your glasses. It's not like he was totally blind.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I have actually had Lasik eye surgery back in the day, so I know what it's like to be like basically blind. So that's why I could see right through him.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you saw right through him?
Speaker 2: It was a pretty packed restaurant, And it's interesting that he found me pretty quickly. He didn't ask anybody to show him where I was or you know, I didn't see him like struggling or looking around like me, came right up to me.
Speaker 3: You've had bad vision before.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a whole scale, right, Like some people can't see letters very well.
Speaker 3: Other people like me, I literally couldn't see anyone's face.
Speaker 6: But people that can't see other people's faces don't take their glasses off and lose him on the bus.
Speaker 2: I mean, like this was like totally sucks to me. So like I kind of actually did my own test.
Speaker 3: So okay, she pulled out a chart at please read the lowest line.
Speaker 2: You can't know, But like what I did was we had those like nice round chopsticks.
Speaker 4: They weren't like the wooden one.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Like this is a good sushi play.
Speaker 2: What you like? I kind of like spun it so it would fall and it would like fins him and he caught it so he could see that and he caught it before it hit the floor.
Speaker 1: The sushi, the chopsticks rolled off the table and he was.
Speaker 2: Able to he caught it, yeah, firsthand.
Speaker 1: So like, I don't know Brook is acting about this whole thing.
Speaker 6: I know, because you didn't read, like letters are different than seeing an actual object fall off a table.
Speaker 3: Of course, he said his vision wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: I love it how I love seeing how the blind will stand up for their fellow blind. But before we take the next step in this call, we need to address what Brooke has been saying here. Why would he do though? Why would why would he lie about having bad visions? What purpose does.
Speaker 2: I mean? I think I know why. I think it's because like when we went outside and he was like, oh, you know, like I can't see the boss number. Can you take me home? Just give me a ride, like.
Speaker 3: You know, to get a ride out of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he I think this is his thing. Like, oh, I can't see, so like, let's go to my place. I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: Someone with.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know about I don't know how I feel about this. But the only way to really gets to the bottom of it is to have Tyler himself come on the phone. And as you know, he's been listening on the other line this entire time. ALI, unless he's suddenly deaf too, Tyler, Tyler you there, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Oh Tyler, you got something explaining to do?
Speaker 4: It sounds like, I think the craziest thing I've ever heard, honestly, Like, why would I do something like that? That's just I mean, I'm on. This is why I wasn't like picking up sushi and smacking it on both sides of my face before I put it out of my mouth? Bold, How did not disabled to that degree?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well how about this, Tyler? Like I need to ask you, were you playing it up at all? Like leaning into a little bit of the blurriness to get a little sympathy.
Speaker 6: I mean, it does sound like he was trying to use it as an opening to get back to her house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with that or with the menu like it is a lot.
Speaker 4: You know what, Let's go all the way and say, what a what if she's telling the truth, What if she's right that I made the whole thing up. I'm not saying I did, Okay, I did. What I'm saying is that the worst thing ever, I guess.
Speaker 6: I see, using someone's sympathy to get in their pants is not usually a good thing.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I was doing that.
Speaker 5: I was I'm I'm not.
Speaker 4: Saying I was doing that at all, But I'm saying, if this is there's no way I'm gonna be able to convince her one way or the other. So let's say, let's say she's one hundred percent right and I was just trying to spend some more time with an amazing person.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad it's not a bad strategy.
Speaker 1: It's a good move. But what I'm hearing here, Tyler, is that you did maybe play it up a little bit more than you had to just to get onto Ali's good side.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that there's I'm not I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm just saying that I'm bored from this conversation. You talk a lot, Wrap it up.
Speaker 1: I'm with Alli. I'm a little bit bored here too, so I'm just gonna ask Ali, we'd like to send you out on another date with Tyler with his glasses on this time, so no excuse.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, he made this up. It was extremely desperate and pathetic. And I believe he's done this a few times before, and it's got to stop.
Speaker 3: Go to It's all on the side. Until he started talking, it does sound like he's.
Speaker 4: That's fine, guys, that's fine, you want to go on a date with me. I will say, I've got another girl that I'd like you guys to call, and I just can't quite see her number. Got it done? I think we think this work, you.
Speaker 1: Know, rook Jeffrey in the morning. The funny thing is, after we got off the air, he really did email over a few numbers for us. I thought he was kidding.
Speaker 3: Guy, dude, what a stick. I was totally defending him to.
Speaker 1: I know, I believe you too. Oh, there's all kinds of different vision problems. Maybe it really does work though, maybe a little sympathy move is the way to go.
Speaker 3: That is never the way to go, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know what, it does make me think twice about helping people across the street when they say they can't see anybody else with me. Oh really, Grandma really, She's like, I'm scared, but you don't need that cane either.
Speaker 3: My hat.
Speaker 1: I'm the same lesson learned. I can't trust anybody, but if you do want to trust us, you can always email the show. We'll call the person was calling you back.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,