Speaker 1: I have to, like, I have to turn all the way off, and I tell my partner, like, I don't want to watch a movie that's smart. I don't want to watch a movie that is challenging or difficult for me.
Speaker 2: I got a good one for you, The Union, starring Mark Wahlberg and Halle Berry.
Speaker 1: Oh, America's greatest actor, Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, America's greatest patriot, America's greatest actor. Would have gone down a lot different if he had been there for literally any of the horrible attacks in American history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should I should include some alternate histories of the terrorist events in my show where Mark Wahlberg stopped.
Speaker 3: Them Pearl Harbor.
Speaker 2: That sh would have gone down a lot different if I had been there, Bro.
Speaker 3: I would have told, Hey, keep your head on a swibble, Bro, keep your head on a swibble. Bro. I think literally they're sending it. They're sending messages that they're gonna attack Bro.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, if Mark Wahlberg had been in the radio tower, he would have said something, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely clear, eyes, warm heart, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty one, episode two.
Speaker 4: Of Dr Day's iisting production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Tuesday, August twentieth, twenty four eight.
Speaker 3: Twenty two four mm hmm, which means National Accessible Air Travel Day, is National Chocolate pecan pie Day, National radio Day. Don't care about that because this is podcasting. Yeah, and that's it for today. Just three three things, just the three menu.
Speaker 2: Damn, just three on the menu down out here, and pick can pie?
Speaker 3: You a fan? Oh yeah? Oh fuck yeah, even not even in a pie like in like the roasted in a bag. I could fucking dust a bag fucking seconds straight. It's just something so delicious about it.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 3: Are they like greasy? Is that why? Yeah, they got a little greasy. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't fuck with them before, but yeah now I'm a I'm up the cam bitch for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack O'Brien aka the the cam Bitch aka sit in on the trash, eating garbage, ripping them crows into in the half with my mind on a murderer and a murder on my mind. That is courtesy of m P L M D nine seven four four six seven of course that's just going off off the dome. I just that name, I just sticks in my brain.
Speaker 3: MP. Yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm always worried that I'm like mispronouncing or like missing something in the screen name, Like is m P L M D? Is that like maple doctor or something? You know, like is ninety seven four four sixty seven like some code that I should know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, wow? Or nine what happened September seventh, thineteen forty four? There's so many ways to break that down.
Speaker 2: September forty four through nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah seven, yeah, yeah, my golden era.
Speaker 1: It's the last six of his social that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Which, yeah, that shit doesn't matter anymore, every single one of them. So we can stop fucking worrying. I'm just gonna go go ahead and say mine right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I think a couple episodes back.
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're brave, brave, don't.
Speaker 1: Give I see them unredacted in court documents all the time. They're not careful.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that's wow. They're just like, yeah, it doesn't anymore.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Like we have to build a new system. We haven't done it yet, but that we need to build a new system because everything is for free on the internet everywhere. Well, speaking of for free on the internet, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 6: Yes he's back, the bee boy champion of North Hollywood who missed my flight to Paris for the Olympics, the original bee Boy Gray Gun in the building.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. Uh you know, a lot of my moves were premiered in ray Gun's actual breakdancing battle set, inspired that one, the human scissor, the rub my head on the ground like a mop. These are awesome seminoles. I know so specifically too, the she really did. I was like, get that ray Gun, go ahead, go ahead, make a mockery of it.
Speaker 1: The organ Zoo had a great TikTok sound like my mother. I saw a lovely TikTok that you would enjoy. But the organ Zoo took Zoo clips of her Olympic breakdancing performance, and so obviously she did the kangaroo move, but they took each move from the performance and showed a kangaroo doing a very similar operation wow, and just sort of cut them together back and forth like Raygun the kangaroo. Raygun the kangaroo is beautiful. I would give the kangaroo a ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: I like the end of usual Suspects where it's all coming together and ray Gun was like cooling things, but it was all just from kangaroos.
Speaker 1: I mean he thinks about it. Should she should get extra points for it being you know, Australian nationalism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Like, oh, my moves are mark I do Marsupial based movements and I think that's what people need to look at through that lens and analyze my dancing from there.
Speaker 1: About the culture of break dancing, it's unique to the to the area where the dancing is occurring. So in Australia, just kangaroo moves.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 1: That's like, is a culturally bound Yeah, right right.
Speaker 2: You would think so the break dancing community has come together to be like, leave ray Gun alone. The kangaroo community, on the other hand, are like, she's making us look fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: Drag her. Yeah, so exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't want to fuck with the kangaroo.
Speaker 3: That's a different KHive on Twitter. You don't want to have.
Speaker 2: Ever seen them trying to drown another animal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then you also see those videos are like in a they're like they're trying to fuck with a dog, and then they're like adult like human comes around, like just pushes them over and like the fuck out of here, kangaroo. And I always thought they could. I mean, I hear you don't want to fight them, but cartoons have conditioned me to believe you do not want to box one of these motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Ever, watch out for the kicks because they've got rid of toenails like me, like me, exactly, Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seats by a journalist who's been published in plays like The Guardian Enslaved. You probably already follow her on Twitter at Socialist dog Mom for her in depth investigative work on white supremacist, neo Nazis and hate groups in the US. Her new podcast for cool Zone is Weird Little Guys, Please welcome.
Speaker 1: Molly can't glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was weird to do that when we were just talking, so let's well pretend I didn't just scream my way, but anyway, what's up? Thank you for joining us. Yeah, I'm pumped about it.
Speaker 2: The show is so good. Weird little guys. Well, yeah, well we're gonna get into it. That the timing, Like I'm just curious to hear how it felt as the entire Democratic Party kind of coalesced around the messaging of like what if we called these guys weird? Like as your podcast is about to come out basically making that point.
Speaker 1: I mean like cynically, that's marketing you couldn't engineer, right, that's the SEO on that is beautiful. But at the same time, like you know, people are like, oh, you're just aping democratic messaging. It's like I don't. First of all, this is this is my first job in you know, in audio media. But so maybe people don't know. But the production cycle on this show, like if we could turn around a whole show from the day Tim Waltz called him weird, Like the trailer came out like two days later, Like do you think, right, do you think the art department mocked us up yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like take like two three hours is about here.
Speaker 3: And nobody could have thought of like that way to describe these weird dudes.
Speaker 1: Like now I have been saying that for literal years and that's that's why the show's called that, right, He's like in a meeting months ago, I was, you know, we're sort of talking about production of the show. Is like a regular like work business meeting, and I just can't help myself. I'm always looking at a weird little guy. So I'm you know, interjecting, you know, how is everybody's day going whatever he's doing, And I'm like, you, guys, I just found the weirdest little guy. And so if you wrote it down her little notebook, and that's why it's the name of the show.
Speaker 3: Because like I always like, yeah, yeah, the only way to only way to describe it, only way to describe it amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to get into the show, the weird little guys, all of it, but first we do like to get to know you a little bit better by asking you questions such as, Molly Conger, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are besides your Social Security number?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so my search history is sort of a land of troubling contrasts, right, Like, So, in the course of writing my show and doing my research in my day to day work, the things I'm googling are disgusting and upsetting and weird, like you know, like this week, I've been googling a lot about like the Rhodesian Bush War and like war crimes in colonial Africa. That's not fun, that's not about me. Spoiler for this week's episode of the show. I had to look at a lot of websites about like a particular genre of like really degrading an abusive fetish porn that was for work, let's be clear, right.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this one's grows. I threw up, like threw up.
Speaker 3: Wow, Oh God? Does that are you?
Speaker 2: Is that usual? Is this the first that has made you throw?
Speaker 5: It? Was?
Speaker 1: What I saw was not good.
Speaker 3: It's not okay, okay.
Speaker 1: In terms of in terms of things that I'm googling them.
Speaker 3: You'll have to tune in. But no.
Speaker 1: I've also recently done some in depth research about the best kind of small hats you can get for a dog, because my dogs have their birthday recently and this you know, they have birthday hats. They have cowboy hats, and they have like a little pink princess hat. But I thought, you know, this year, you need crowns and I don't want some flimsy piece of shit plastic dog crowns. So I really dug in and did some googling about small princess crowns for dogs, and I got ready.
Speaker 3: Ones made of precious metals and stones.
Speaker 1: Oh it's made out of like cheap metal, but it's better than plastic, you know. Yeah, it's durable, fake pearls, you know, very different.
Speaker 7: You have dogs that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and they and they're like I've I've had pets but that I've tried to dress in the past, and some just will not have it.
Speaker 3: They are patient with the headwear.
Speaker 1: They don't love the hats, but an outfit they love an outfit.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, right, once they see themselves in the mirror, they're like worth.
Speaker 1: It, right, I think because they know, like, whatever is happening to me, everyone around me is loving it. I'm being pretty much everyone is so into what's happening right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Like a couple of years ago, we did something I called dog Tober where every day of October I took pictures of them in different costumes. So I do own like forty dog costumes.
Speaker 3: What's the weirdest one you got?
Speaker 1: Well, the lobster is my favorite because they just look so crazed with the little lobster antennas, like right right, yeah, because they have those long bodies, they do look like lobster. I love the lobster.
Speaker 3: Wow, I need to look that up. Lobster Wiener dog costumes.
Speaker 1: Buck looks great. And his lion costume the panda bear. I don't love the purple octopus a classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lion costume is the most that my dog, dearly departed Finny ever communicated that like fuck you to me. He was so furious, he was like shaking it off his head and it was just a battle of wills.
Speaker 1: Sometimes find it very degrading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just like I think he rolled his eyes at me, right, and then you're like, bro, without.
Speaker 3: This, you're fucking naked. You look ridiculous. What is something, Molly that you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait for it, having a little treat. I subscribe to something I call the little treat lifestyle. You know, like people like, oh, you know what we should should know if if you can afford it and it's reasonable and the treat is available, you should always have a little treat. And sometimes it's like you know, an actual treat that you eat, or like a little thing that you get for yourself, Like I just got myself a really nice new pencil.
Speaker 3: I saw that. That's a Japanese that's a Uni.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did some googling about Japanese pencils.
Speaker 3: What is that point five millimeter or point?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, point five point five?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Just checking, just checking, just checking.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna annotate these Nazi memoir with something precise.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, as someone who grew up going to Japan like for summer vacation and coming back with just the dopest mechanical pencils, like I would stunt on my classmates. I'm like, bro, it's nice, cheap ass plastic bic. Bro, look at this shit. It's heavier than a police baton and I'm writing with it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean the engineering is.
Speaker 2: Tysnically a murder weapon. You are you guys are able to use like I can't use a regular mechanical pencil without snapping that ship in half, Like, not not in half, but snapping the lead.
Speaker 3: And you're able to use finer? How many times are you clicking that thing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How much is the lead out when you're like like, damn it fourteen times, Jack, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think you understand the engineering that goes into the Korutoga Elite mechanical pencil.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got you got a elite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it comes with a diamond infused graphite. Okay, so that's not breaking off Holy shit.
Speaker 3: No way is it marketed like that.
Speaker 1: That's what it says.
Speaker 3: Wow. I thought it was just my pre roll joints that were diamond infused, and now we're talking about fucking pencil led to Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean, if you're struggling with your with your horrible little cheat mechanical pencil, try the cola wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'll be like.
Speaker 2: I mean I have also snapped like plastic where in half like I.
Speaker 1: Just because you're just too strong.
Speaker 2: I'm incredibly strong.
Speaker 3: You were too much of a poz would say where.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just thinking about something stressful and then suddenly a thing snaps in my hand.
Speaker 1: Is back door bragging about your incredible grip strength?
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know, and then like the pencil speaking of diamonds turns into a fucking diamond in my hand.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Is handwriting analysis like that? Forensic is that an action. Is that a pseudo science? It's fake right? Yeah, But I feel like the one time they're like, yo, this dude, look just looking at this handwriting. He is gripping that shit way too hard and present now way too We know that based off this light handwriting and.
Speaker 2: All the just sweat pouring all over over the page.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he's got a lot.
Speaker 2: Going on, a lot of internal churn, a lot.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's another kind of treat? What's another Like, what's your sort of the framework to determine whether or not it's treat time for you?
Speaker 1: It's fives based, man, you know it's Yeah, when the opportunity for a treat arises, naturally, just go with it. Let it happen. Let the treat be part of your life. Like, was shopping at Costco recently and they had the Kirkland signature brand sweatshirt that I've been thinking about for a long.
Speaker 3: Logo blasted on the front. Yeah baby wow, and they got that black black color tone black on black, Like, I didn't need this.
Speaker 1: I didn't need this, but it's on sale and it was a treat and it was yeah, and now it's mine.
Speaker 3: And in a way like impossible to detect, like to be like we got to find someone in a Kirkland signature hoodie. They're like, good luck, motherfucker, that's Cosco Country West. Yeah exactly, Damn I got to get one of those.
Speaker 1: I know, I got this. I got the matching sweatpants too fucking rocks.
Speaker 3: And they got a logo too cool.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah down the leg baby is.
Speaker 3: Wow, all the way up and down the lake, like one leg is consumed by the kirk ciggy logo.
Speaker 1: They have that one, but I couldn't find it, so mine just has like the small logo like near the head. But yeah, but I mean I got the Kirkland fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, damn okay, all right right sponsored me Costco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see you, but only as related to fashion items, the Kirkland fashion line.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Like now that I am a professional podcaster, I just I feel so much more at home, Like I can't go to office, I can't go to a job, like no, I buy all my clothes at Costco. Right, so like, thank god I'm a podcaster now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you fit right in and you're you look the part. You look the part.
Speaker 2: When my friends talk about going into an office. I spit on the ground. I can't don't even conceive of it. What would that even be?
Speaker 3: Like, They're like, I don't even have clothes I can wear in bubbling.
Speaker 1: I'm not wearing pants right now.
Speaker 3: No, none of us are. I'm wearing I'm wearing one third of a T shirt. If I actually stood up, you'd see it just covers my shoulders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this isn't from the mid chest up professional?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it looks like those like like how like someone would wear on like the like a linebacker and football in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Just h oh yeah, the little drop top.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If my belly button can't breathe neither cannot. All right, what is Molly? Something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, so I am. I'm my struggle right now. So overrated wedding venues. I am trying to plan a wedding right now. And I don't know if you guys have spent any time in the American South, Every wedding venue used to be a fucking plantation, every single one of them. And they don't tell you it's not on the website. They're not honest about it. So I'm digging through like land use archives and the history of the building, Like, I need you to tell me, shit, did slaves build this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Because they will tell you and everything is a fucking barn. I don't want to get married in a barn.
Speaker 5: Question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was this the venue for unspeakable atrocities haunt my marriage?
Speaker 1: For professional portraits made of my entire family? Like in front of the lynching tree? That's not the vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, wait, so have you like I'm guessing like some places been like and we're just an old traditional house like here in Virginia, and then you've actually had to go through like old records and' like hold on, I just found the thing that basically it bears all truths that this was an actual plant, a working plantation.
Speaker 1: I mean, thankfully, you know, doing the research, getting weird, getting deep into the archives. That's my wheelhouse. So I'm set. I'm worried about everybody else, right right, right, Yeah, I need to know the providence of these bricks, okay, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Further, it's like, are these conflict bricks because we can have we can't because they don't want to be had children.
Speaker 1: They had children make the bricks because their hands were small. I'm like, I don't want any.
Speaker 3: Part of that, right, It's like, how do you think they got the intricate thing a little thinky.
Speaker 1: Prints, Like the nail factory that used to be here in town was like staffed by enslaved children.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, well then so so no Blake Lively plantation wedding for you. That's that's that's what we're getting at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just I don't want there to be a horse there. I didn't invite a horse. I'm not getting married in a barn.
Speaker 3: So what are your options? You don't want a barn, you don't want a plantation, even an incidental horse. You're like, get that motherfucker out of here.
Speaker 1: There's no hay. There's no hay in this in this situation. Okay, right, but guys overrated, you know, like, oh, for twenty five thousand dollars, you can come to our barn, get fucked.
Speaker 3: No, sure, no, no, it's like, but the horses do stay if you want the horses out, that's thirty.
Speaker 1: Grand Oh that's extra, that's extra, yeah right.
Speaker 3: Right right, right, oh my god, No, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't course hotel.
Speaker 3: I don't envy those. I know a few people who are trying to get wedding things together and just remembering my own distress I encountered. I was like, no, no, don't. I don't miss that. I don't miss that.
Speaker 1: I'm not even going to plan my own birthday party. Why why is this my problem so overread? The entire industry a disaster?
Speaker 2: Don't want to is that because people used to be into the idea that it was like a plantation, and so that's like a remnant from an older time or it's just like everything with plantations back then.
Speaker 1: So they're just like, I mean, it's for Virginia. So a lot of our large, beautiful old buildings, right, didn't get constructed ethically, But I think that's part of it too, where there was that sort of like mid twentieth century fascination with Antebellum Southern culture.
Speaker 3: Right, so that was to draw yeah, right exactly, it's like, well ignore, just just focus on like the glitz and glamour of it, and then we can have a good time.
Speaker 1: It was a farm, Oh who was farming?
Speaker 5: Far?
Speaker 3: They sound like cotton or something. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I think like the king was cotton or something. I don't know. I can't I didn't read the whole thing, but kind of murky, move.
Speaker 2: It along, move it along. All right, let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back and talk some weird little guys.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, and we're back and yeah.
Speaker 2: So just to kind of give people an introduction, although everybody should just go listen to episode zero, where you do a beautiful job of giving an introduction to the premise of the show. But one of the ideas is that these people who you know, organize the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, stage domestic terrorism, storm the Capitol on January sixth, They are associated with these big ideas and huge historical trends, but ultimately they often turn out to be just some guy you compared to the end of a Scooby Doo episode, except Scooby Doo doesn't have the courage or run time to then like spend an hour digging into the weird backstories of the people under the masks.
Speaker 3: But you do.
Speaker 2: You tell us what the fuck is going on with these people, and it's it's endlessly entertaining. Is there an example that you use to explain the premise of your show to someone who asks, like what your podcast is about.
Speaker 1: Oh man, they should have prepared me better for this marketing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: No, but like you said, the idea is that they're all just these kind of sad little freaks, and they want us to believe that they're like the second coming of Hitler, right, that they're mighty and powerful and impressive and you should be very scared of them.
Speaker 2: And that is a compliment that gets like thrown around there, like people are like, this person might be the second coming of Hitler, and that's good, and that's.
Speaker 3: What he wants.
Speaker 1: He wants you to think like, oh, it's this powerful monster. I'm not saying that. Like the things that they did are not serious, right, Like you know the end of an episode of Scooby Doo when they unmask the you know, the caretaker who's been haunting the mansion, like he still did what they think the monster did. He said, a monster. He's just the weird old caretaker, right.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: So, I mean I don't want to spoil any future episodes, but for the two episodes that are out now, you know, the first one was an exploration of Kevin Strome. He was a member of the neo Nazi group National Alliance. And you know, he thinks of himself as this sort of learned intellectual of race science and race purity, and he mixed this little show every week since the nineties. And he's pedophile, right, he has been to Britain for childborn, and he's his commitment to racial purity is so extreme that he won't let the foods on his plate intermingle because that's too much like race mixing.
Speaker 3: Oh wait for yeah, okay, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like you can't book Gravey on mashed potatoes because that's misagenation of flavors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, the freaks. I do the normal thing. I put in a little teacup and I and I sip it while I have a one bite after I fully swallowed the mashed potatoes. But I mean, like to your point, right, Like whenever we hear about these like violent plots or these groups that have like you know, acted out like all kinds of wild violence in physical space, like we create this image in our mind of like some fucking master criminal like with no soul that if like we saw on the street, we would immediately be like, oh my god, run in the opposite direction. This person is fucking scary and they're dangerous, and like, clearly it's clear that all these guys are like not even close to being some kind of cloaked Marvel super villain, and like we would run in the opposite direction if we saw them on the street because they're literal just fucking creeps. What do you think is like the like, obviously there's a power to demystifying our sort of like reflexive tendency to be like, oh, this person, because like what they're into is so odious and dangerous that they themselves it must be dangerous. But like it's clear that you find there's a way to sort of by taking the curtain back, we're able to just sort of reckon with these kinds of characters or you know, not characters, human beings and like a much more objective but while also being like, look, these aren't the kinds of people who are like absolute like these masterminds that we do need to fear. Is that sort of part of it? I know at one point you said, it's not about it's about understanding the creeps, like in every facet of our lives that they do exist, right, And.
Speaker 1: I think you know, on a broadle broader social level, just you know, emotionally understanding that this isn't some sort of amorphous onto logical evil is empowering, right because like, right, you can't fight a monster. That's disempowering. It feels like, well, this is just this is something we can't change. There there are monsters in the world, and it's just a guy. It's just a guy who's afraid to talk to women, right right, It's a guy who got a free sex doll head because he complained to the fucking customer support.
Speaker 3: And you're like, oh, okay, huh, that's weird. But he's making bombs too, Yeah, well yeah he is, right, like.
Speaker 1: He knows how to make a pipe bomb, but like he's fucking a used sex.
Speaker 3: Doll, right right, You're like, yeah, not now, it's now it's giving me the creeps in a completely different way, for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The episode about the Civil War reenactment false flag is so wild. But before before we get into the details of that, I do just want to talk about this idea of weirdness because it has become the focus for the Democrats and the presidential campaign. And it happened as you're preparing to launch a show focused on the weirdness of right wing fascists, their policies, their personalities. What was it that made you focus in on weird Like based on the content, it feels like it just naturally took you in that direction. But first of all, what was it like to have that emerge as like a central Democrat talking point? And do you have an opinion on how they're doing with regards to calling it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think arriving at the idea that, you know, talking about these guys in the context of their idiosyncrasies and their their weirdness, the fact that they're out of step with the world arose naturally for me, right Like, I'm researching these guys in the context of domestic terrorism and trying to understand that, and something I keep coming across is like everything about the way they engage with the world is weird, right, Like, it's not just their ideas about race, their ideas about the Jews, or their ideas about how political power should be achieved mainly through violence. That's not separate from the fact that they're just weird. On a personal level, these things are intertwined, Like they have all these ideas about, you know, whether women should be able to vote because they just have weird ideas about how the world works, and so that was sort of a natural progression for me and I think, you know, separately, the Democrats have recently arrived at the same place that like their weird personal lives and the weird shit they want to do to your personal life are obviously related.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It feels like for the longest time, like prior to this, like we were using very like academic terms to like accurately describe like their ideologies. So it's like, well, they're these are ethno nationalists, these are proto fascist model, like you know what I mean, And like it does in a way it clearly identifies like where their you know, political might how like where their ideologies lie in terms of like a political spectrum. But the weird sort of cuts through that to not only be like, well it is weird to already be so like ant like like the race mixing is terrible. It's like what are you a fucking civil war ghost? Like what the fuck are we talking about? But the weirdness it does sort of in a way help sort of cut through. I think of these like sort of very academic terms that are used to accurately describe them and really sort of remind people of like maybe what is sort of what we consider normal for the most part in terms of like it's not being obsessed with people's genitals, it's not being obsessed with like children's genitals. It's not a being obsessed with like, you know, miscegenation or whatever these things are, that these are all like all of these things that they believe are weird are actually normal. And now it's it is actually them now that has crossed over into this space. So I feel like that was sort of like the one thing that I was like, Oh, I think it's it's able to connect in a much easier way for people because it's much more conversational. But it does feel like a little bit I'm sure you're a bit frustrated to someone who's been reporting on this for a long time not to be not necessarily that it's like the Democrats, but that the warnings about being like these people are dangerous wasn't sort of enough until it's like, oh, wait, they're weird.
Speaker 1: We're getting a ratings bump from being interested in this, Like yeah, you know, betterly than never. Sure, it's a weird coincidence. But I think the reason it cuts to the quick so badly for them, the reason it's like so shockingly hurtful to them to be called weird, is because their whole ethos is that we are the arbiters of what is acceptable and what is normal, and we want to return to this nineteen fifties Norman Rockwell painting of imagined American life, and that's what's normal. And so you're the ones that are weird for you know, continuing to move forward in a society that progresses with time, right, and so saying like, actually that that's not normal, you're the weird one. You're the weird one. It undercuts their their belief about, you know, their reason to exist.
Speaker 2: And they their personal lives so often fall completely out of line with that ethos that they claim to like they are. It's in line with it, but it's just like a weird When you first encounter they're like, well, all I care about is families, and then you see like the strange direction that spins off into and then you look at their personal lives, it's I don't know, I guess, I guess it's unexpected at first, and then it's like totally expected once you take the time to think about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the it's you know, it's spoiler for this week's episode, but like, you know, these guys who want to talk about you know, traditional white values and Western civilization and you know, restructuring society so that we have you know, traditional Western values. One of the guys in this terror cell was making degrading hardcore pornography, and it's like, that's not that's not the world you're talking about building, right right?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean from your perspective, from like looking at all these people for years, and you know, even like this latest episode with the Civil War reenactor, Like, is it that they're just that they're sort of repressing some dimension of who they are and that's that's manifesting them in like this like externalized hatred of people that like might intersect with their own like weird interests or feelings or how do you sort of look at these people sort of through the prism of like what they're espousing, but also the context of like their personal lives, Like how like how do those things or interact like in terms of like how you've how you've looked at these people.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's a question for a psychologists. I mean sometimes these sometimes these manifestations are like a desire to control. Like a lot of fascists they want to control society just the way they want to control their wife or their children. And so for a lot of pedophiles, it's about the exertion of control over a powerless victim, and that's kind of what they want to do to society. But I don't know, I don't think the cognitive dissonance matters to them at all. Like you know, you see a lot of white supremacists with Latino wives like that cognitive dissonance is irrelevant to them, right, So like there's no making sense of it as a psychological drive. It just the rules don't apply to me. I'm just going to do this to society.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because psychology is like not a thing. It's not even like the concepts in their head. They're just like, yeah, this is what I do, like my shadow self, the are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean, like maybe maybe we can like necromance Freud and get him to take a look at this. Like for years I had this Nazi cyberstalker who would send me these messages that were like really graphically about like sexual fantasies involving feces. Yeah, and it's like that that doesn't involve me, right, right, maybe you should talk talk too, sithm Freud about that, like you're stuck in the anal development stage or something. I don't know, so mixed bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, but I feel like historians, like or at least the History Channel like kind of does it with Hitler, right, Like Hitler behind Closed Doors is not this amorphous ontological evil, right, He's driven by very strange demons and a lot of scatological you know shit. And then but then I feel like, I don't know, it popped in my head when you were talking about Richard Spencer, like when he first came on the scene years ago, and it felt like the mainstream media was like into him, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, They're like, oh, finally, like a handsome, well spoken Nazi and a yeah guy we can put on TV right.
Speaker 2: Because he want Yeah, they want a Nazi. That is like central casting of a fascist in a non comedy movie. But when you look at them, it's just doctor Strange loves all the way down right, just time after time, It's like, nah, they have like weird suppressed urges and repressed repressed ideas that are like bursting out of them in these strange ways, but it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the real Richard Spencer is the Richard Spencer in that leaked audio from the evening of Unite the Rights, Like the rally got canceled they didn't get to give their speeches because there was a terrorist event, and he was so mad that he didn't get to give his speech. He's like purple in the face, screaming about how like they don't get to do this to me, they don't get to do this to me, and he starts busting out racial slurs that you would have to look up in a dictionary, like I think he called someone an octoroon or something like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yeah wow, taking it all the way back, but just like that.
Speaker 1: Sort of petulant, childish rage, like you could put a suit and tie on a Nazi, but he's still just an angry little guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I mean, because I think so many of these people have like very similar, like the similar themes in their lives which are there operating in this bizarre parallel reality. But when they're like forced to reconcile their perceived world and the one they actually live in. They just go deeper into the into the void because it's just that like that recond like that sort of dissonance is like too much. It's like no, no, no, And now they like sort of increasingly become more hell bent on bringing their fantasy world to life like upon the rest of us. And it's like when they inevitably fail and realize they don't have the power or means to create the world, they typically will just resort to violence or destruction because if I can't make something, then I can destroy it. And either way, like I think, there's just that feeling of powerlessness that has to be addressed, and this sort.
Speaker 1: Of direction construction of this alternate reality. It just keeps coming up sort of recurring theme in these stories that I'm telling, Like I think this guy left out of episode one, but after Kevin Strome was arrested for possession of child pornography. He so he was the webmaster for a neo Nazi group, so he knew how to use the internet, right he was. He was an internet guy, you know, from the nineties, so early internet adopter. And he made a website that convincingly looked like an actual local news outlet, and he peppered in like real local news stories, stuff about the weather, stuff about you know, just like local goings on. But like every third article on this fake newspaper website was about how we actually Kevin Strome isn't a pervert.
Speaker 3: In other news?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what, like this guy really not bad.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, it's the exact same thing, like even with the Civil Warrior guy like also creating fake news articles like that, but he was such a boomer. He's like cutting and pasting shit onto physical paper and then xeroxing it and be like you've seen in this article and it's like what sharing it with like a teenager he's working with. Yeah, he's like okay.
Speaker 1: Man this to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Sniper's got a bunch of people. It's like what newspapers. That doesn't matter. Man, it happened. It happened you too, huh yeah yeah, but it but it is like this very weird And then like even like this the sex doll thing, like it's a like there's just about creating like insulating themselves truly in like this world of half truths or total fabrications to kind of like, yeah, I don't know, it's very.
Speaker 1: They want they want to live in a cigarette ad from a nineteen fifty five issue of Good Housekeeping, Like the world you're imagining was never real, Like not only can you go back to it, it was never real. Like that was on queludes, right exactly.
Speaker 2: She's so high that mom, I'm serving that turkey, Like that turkey is not in the middle. Yeah, yeah, she is out of her mind. Yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. And I just want to talk a few of the details about the subjects of your first couple episodes, because they are absolute bangers.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about the Civil War Reenact reenactment bomb threat, which was allegedly perpetrated by Antifa, which I always hear Antifa used as this like buzzword on the right and then like Fox News stories, Yeah they love it as a boogeyman. But I had never seen like any of the details of what they think Antifa is doing. And so this story is of a Civil War reenactor group that's being threatened, and it's like not even the biggest one in the area, but it's being like repeatedly threatened and told like they have to stop or they're going to like all be murdered. And it's signed Antifa, like with this like logo that you could not official, yeah, unofficial Antifa letterhead. Yeah yeah, absolutely absolutely, And the letters are very threatening, but they also have this juvenile tone of like make believe that reminded me of this story. It was very early days of this show during Hurricane Harvey in Houston, where there were all these Facebook posts that were from the quote Harvey Loot Crew, like hashtag Harvey Loute crew, and it would be like a picture of a store that had been you know, all the stuff was off the shelves and it says we out here a Corpus Christy at the quickie store, you know, where cash and beer gone, but Munchie's left. Hashtag Hurricane Harvey, hashtag hurricane hashtag Harvey Luke crew. And it's like we just immediately were like, oh, that's these are like weird white people trying to write a character that they find scary, and you get the sense in these letters the same thing, like there's so much weird content, Like some of us have dogs and we will even throw their feces at you is like one of the things from one of.
Speaker 1: The letters, just not how I would make a threat.
Speaker 3: We are Antifa and we throw pea at people, and it's like, what.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of us is a rapist, Like yeah, exactly, It's like we've got a rapist also on the team.
Speaker 3: It's like what what what is this? Like the fucking weird goon squad? But yeah, that is the version of like this organization. I guess they're trying to present to people.
Speaker 2: But I don't so eventually that it's revealed that this is in fact not Antifa, but it has because this audience that they're aiming at is so gullible and willing to believe anything like this feels like a danger that could get worse and worse as our inability to distinguish false information kind of grows more and more. Did the fact that this wasn't Antifa? Do you think that that like penetrated at all like that. I'm sure maybe the specific group that was being targeted eventually realized it was like one of their own, But like in terms of the stories that are reported on Fox News, I'm sure like the most of the people who watch Fox News think Antifa planted a bomb at a Civil War reenactment, right, right.
Speaker 1: And I think the average Fox News you were, even when confronted with the truthful resolution to this story, would say, well, yeah, but Antifa would do that, right, We like it says a lot about Antifa that I believed it, But that's not what happened. That's not what happened at all. But I think you know, for for Gerald, the subject of that story, he was a Confederate reenactor, he is I could say comfortably a racist, Like I read all of his Reddit posts, like he is personally a racist. And so when he wanted to frighten his former friends, who he knew were mostly also racists, he's like, what's the scariest thing to us? What can I say to them that will be so scary, Like, Oh, we're being targeted for our beliefs, right right, We're being targeted by these left wing like scary monster people just because we love history so much. And also saying the N word, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the exact big argument was that, like he wanted to be able to use the N word. He was like, that's just what it would have been at the time, and we should be able to and the fact that they're not letting us is actually the real discrimination.
Speaker 1: It's ruining everything.
Speaker 2: And like his the other Confederate reenactors were like, I don't know, man, like even they.
Speaker 3: Were really helping us here, right, yeah, And I think just even the weird part two or like that you pointed out, like the Battle of Cedar Creek, like that was a Union victory too. It's like, wouldn't they be targeting a Confederate victory if it was truly about this like ideology, like ideological attack or like.
Speaker 1: A battle that anyone's heard of, like I've never heard the Battle of Cedar Creek and I live here right.
Speaker 2: Right, right, right right, But yeah, it's just there. There's this fascinating part where you just go through like his trip Advisor reviews, like so as he's doing all this stuff, he's taking trips to your treats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does loves Europe, huh.
Speaker 2: Going to the finest dining establishments in Europe, like Burger King, five guys McDonald's, I think, and then just like leaving negative reviews for or Nazi museums for being like two PC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that's the interesting thing about Gerald, Right, it's like, you know a lot of these guys are Nazis. Jerald's not like he has an interest in World War two history as like you know, a boomer American watching the History Channel. So like his problem with the Holocaust Museum in Amsterdam wasn't like that he loves Nazis. He just like wanted to see more atrocities. Yeah right, he just thought that the museum didn't show him enough.
Speaker 3: Atrocities, right, could have been more atrocity memorabilia there, but like nah.
Speaker 1: One story gore.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, yeah, truly. But I guess that's what's like so interesting too, is like on some level, right, and this is something you talk about like when I'm like, well, this guy's this fucking weirdo. He's leaving like one agro reviews about Burger King or like the Nazi Museum, but he loves the Louver in Paris. That like, in a way it feels disarming because you're like, this, what the fuck is what's this fucking guy gonna do? But at the the same time, it's not so you're not so dismissive of these people that you're like, these aren't people, aren't dangerous, but it's also being like just understand where these people are operating from. It's not necessarily like because they have these like weird interests or just have these like weird proclivities doesn't mean that they aren't presenting a similar threat. But I think it does help melt away this idea that it's like you know, fucking fanos or some shit.
Speaker 1: Right, Like he's a silly little guy who got a Poshmark account so he could buy women's panties for his sex stall, and he reviews the dunkin Donuts in his neighborhood once a month, Like he's definitely a weird little guy. Yeah, but he did build an operational bomb that would have killed a bunch of children in the like gifts, Like the tent where the bomb was was where you buy like souvenirs and stuff, like there were kids around, and like at the bomb had gone off, like it would have killed children.
Speaker 3: Right, So, like what he did.
Speaker 1: Was was violent and frightening and evil, and like this campaign of terror against these people who wouldn't let him do civil war reenactment anymore, Like it's real and it's frightening. You should take it. But like he's not a criminal mastermind. Yeah right, he's a guy who pretends to be a cop on Reddit because it makes him feel powerful.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah, that's it's like so not not like infuriating, but you know, like we obviously the threat of like domestic terror and the like, you know, a white nationalist violence is it was real and super scary, but like there's also something kind of maddening when you're like and it's this fucking guy.
Speaker 9: That's like we deserve a better enemy year, yeah, or like that you are causing so much, you're sewing so much chaos from your place of being so dissatisfied and unhappy and whatever sociopathic you know, psychopathic tendencies you have.
Speaker 3: But there's just some there's I don't know, like it's like every time I'm having a reckoning with like the actual what they're what they're trying to act out and who they are as people, and you're like, dude, this is this is the last person who probably roll up to you and try and say something to your face in public, Yet they are still I don't know. I think that's where like the Internet truly like begins to embolden people because they can have this one version that they present through their like digital avatar of themselves while also being like and then the real world version is like, yeah, like I shout out to sex Doll Queens dot COM's customer service department for being really understanding that my sex doll was damaged, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, Patrese is very responsive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was like the.
Speaker 2: Last that was his last post before being arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before the FBI like rated his house and took him away. He was just posting on a sex.
Speaker 2: All for him, right, being like with the Trece fucking rocks. Thank you so much, Patrese for customer service. Yeah, and there are plenty of them. Oh yeah, monthly reviews of his local dunkin Donuts. That's so wild.
Speaker 1: He loves it's high quality update.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I guess does that do you like? Do you see that as like another version of like trying to at least exert some form of power, like because then it's like it's review through my review I can and from my eyes, I'm doing one over, getting one over on this place that I felt wrong by. So like that's always like they're kind of look like it feels like it really goes hand in.
Speaker 1: Hand, right, like I do you think for him specifically, it is this sort of manifestation of the idea that, like, this world exists for me and it should meet my needs and it should be the way that I think it should be. And when it's not, that's, you know, a sign of a culture in decline, Like they put pickles on my whopper even though I said no, And that's because society is in decline. We no longer have traditional Western values or something.
Speaker 3: Right right, right, Yeah, pickles and onions.
Speaker 2: Only in Europe can they get that order right? On the on the wapper, he says no pickles, no onions, and every fucking time in the United States, his burger king gets it wrong. Meanwhile, Kevin is that his name, Kevin Kevin Strome. Strome disappears into the bathroom for hours at a time to take a bath and eat pickles.
Speaker 1: So I actually so his second ex wife, second ex wife, no, his first second, so his first his first, his first wife. After they got divorced, she wrote a memoir and it's been out of print for twenty years. You can't buy it. So I found a used copy of it on the internet, and I was so excited and it came and so I read this. You know, this woman's memoir of her time being married to this famous Nazi, and you know she's been through a lot, respect to her. Not well written, a little deranged, but just the little kernels of like day to day life of being married to this man. Worth the twenty bucks, Worth the twenty bucks they spent on it, especially because it was signed. So when you when you buy this book, you never know what you're getting. It says, you know, like in decent condition, there's markings inside, and so I get it. It is the copy she gave to the woman who mentored her during her conversion to Catholicism.
Speaker 3: Woow, So is she in the book? The person she like like wrote this to, like inscribed the message to I don't know.
Speaker 1: If she's in there my name, but there is, you know, sort of a lot of discussion of like, as she's leaving Kevin because the National Alliance is they have what's called the Cosmotheist Church. It's just like a made up, like white people religion that doesn't involve God or Jesus and it's taxing. Sure, So she's leaving National Alliance. She's leaving Cosmotheism. She's leaving Kevin, she starts seeing apparitions of the Virgin Mary, so she converts to So she converted to Catholicism. And like just an incredible, an incredible memoir. And so the pickle thing was in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hours at a time, just eating pickles in the bathtub. Like I can kind of get behind that, Like.
Speaker 1: You have three children and you're just gonna be in there for five hours eating a whole jar of pickles?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: And also how big is that jar of pickles for five hours? Or what's your eating?
Speaker 1: You're swelling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you savor every bite of a pickle, so it takes you five I mean I could eat a jar of pickles, I think in like twenty minutes easily.
Speaker 1: I think it's kidneys would enjoy that experience.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the doctors, that's their opinion. But like I heard from my friend Molly, I need a treat.
Speaker 2: I have to you need a treat, And like you heard from your friend Jack, do your own research. Okay, don't you trust the doctors? What do you you know?
Speaker 3: I don't look, what do you know? What do you oh? Sorry, you're a specialist in renal issues. I don't even know what that means, man, but my side's hurt real bad in the back whenever I eat my pickies. Help. I'm curious, like, Molly, is there what is sort of like a I guess a takeaway that you come with, take a takeaway that you arrive at after looking at these people, because you know, you've studied like really horrific shit and a lot of these events that have been at the hands of these types of people, But like, what what like what's the experience for you when you're like, of course they're a weird little guy? Is it more to not necessarily again, because it's not to sort of mitigate or minimize the threat that these people pose, but like, what is sort of the what is like the sort of message that you come away with from realizing time after time these people have such a similar kind of way of being.
Speaker 1: I think, as I've been doing nothing but writing for weeks now, kind of going insaying becoming my own weird little guy. What seems most important to me to take away from like trying to tell these sort of like brief biographical arcs of individuals is that like they are weird, but they are not aberrations, right, Like they are not one off like random mutations of the human mind that like, you know, I think in recent years, you know, we see like, oh, there's like a groper who works for your congressman. Like, what a strange aberration. This is never this is unprecedented. No, it's not. It's super precedented, right, And so like trying to situate these things in historical context for the last hundred years or so, Like I don't know. My plan is to sort of bounce back and forth between like a guy who just went to prison recently, sort of this modern weird guy, and then reach back and talk about a guy from the seventies or the eighties and sort of the Nazi group that would grow to become what's giving us today's weird guys. Right, So, like, right, Marjorie Taylor Green, hiring some weird little Nazi from the internet is not unusual. If you know that there was a scandal in the forties where some congressmen. So congressmen can send free mail, they don't have to pay postage on stuff they send to their constituents. But you know, the franking systems.
Speaker 2: Rika the job. That's why a lot of them get into it.
Speaker 1: Free mail, free mail. Maybe stamps are expensive, but there was the scandal in the forties where they were using their franking privileges. They would go on the house floor when nothing else was really happening. There's like not an important big day for bills, and they would give a speech that was Nazi propaganda. So then it's in the congressional record and then you can mail Nazi propaganda to all of your constituents for free.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, because there was a weird little fucking Nazi working for a congressman, Like this is not unprecedented. We've always been like this right just online.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, and now like then, it sort of makes it more about like what do we do about these like these things, these shadow creatures that have appeared on a nor It's like no, it's like whack a mole.
Speaker 1: But like with the weirdos and no, wow, we got to get a fourth clan act you lissies ys Grant and not go far enough.
Speaker 2: Right exactly Jesus Well, Molly Congres, I can't wait to listen to the next episode and just yeah, you know future episodes. I particularly the little crumb, the little nugget you gave us on Timothy McVeigh and the song Bad Company. He comes up a couple of different places, but yeah, he the obsessive way he only listened to that song is terrifying. It's like one of the strangest instances of human behavior where you just kind of have to be like, huh, how interesting, and.
Speaker 1: Like maybe it doesn't even mean anything, right, Like we all have our idiosyncrasies, and once you commit a major active domestic terror, they all look suspect in retrospect. But who knows. Maybe you just really love Bad Company by the band Bad Company from their album.
Speaker 3: From Bad Me have that company Bad Company. Maybe he just loves like those He's like, I call that a trifecta. Man. If you've got a titular track with the band name from and it's on the album, that's what that's.
Speaker 1: Fucking don't I don't know what the bass is like in a Sherman tank, Like maybe it just felt good.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, right, right, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Some of the other people who were in there with him must have. I can't imagine, although I can kind of emt like my kids are currently really into do you know who Perry Grip is? He's like from the band the Nerf Herders. It's like children.
Speaker 1: Children's music. They did the Buffy theme song.
Speaker 3: Okay, well he does children's music. He does it's a cat, post buffys a toilet.
Speaker 2: It's a cat, and they're singing to that. They're listening to that repeatedly and like over this weekend as I was like thinking about the Timothy McVay thing from your show. So don't think about, like dad, what's wrong. It's a catush the toilet, it's a cat.
Speaker 1: Just think about Ellaheim City.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Molly Conger, what a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, my show's on Coolzone Media. It's on the iHeartRadio network and you can subscribe, subscribe to it wherever you get your podcasts, and I hope that you will do that. Maybe leave me a review that's not weird. I'm getting a lot of like race science reviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We need the reviews.
Speaker 2: We need the normal, the normies out there reviewing.
Speaker 3: Someone started doing amazing some one star.
Speaker 1: Reviews from guys who think I'm being unfair to white men, which yes, I hope to continue to do that, right, got some some cool weird guys coming up. But you can find me on Twitter at Socialist dog Mom and that's that's kind of it.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I occasionally host episodes of It Could Happen here, also a cool Zone show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just out here online out here. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying a tweet or otherwise? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, No, I've only been consuming newspaper articles from the nineteen sixties. Oh I recently read some congressional testimony from nineteen eighty five, very intriguing. You'll have to wait two weeks to hear about that on my show though. So No, the media I'm consuming is not normal, and I would not recommend it.
Speaker 3: Stay a Stay a.
Speaker 5: Miles.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? Is there a workI media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, find me on Twitter, Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles with Jackot Mad Boosties. You can also find me on the latest episode of Black People Love Paramore, where I'm on there talking about rat beefs and just it's been a while I haven't really had an ability to really get through all of my feelings with different rat beefs. So this is a perfect opportunity for that. Check out that episode, the latest episode of Black People Love.
Speaker 1: Paramore and is there're more than one beef going on right now.
Speaker 3: I think we're just talking generally like we're going through some of them, from Biggie to jay Z and Naas to you know, n w A and Iceke all of that up to Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: I'm more that Kendrick is overshadowing some other current beef.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, it's yeah, the Kendrick Lamar. I don't know, man, that this that the beef though definitely took over my mind as someone who's from Los Angeles, I definitely spent a lot of time talking about that. But anyway, check me out there. I don't have a work of social media because I've been I was, I was out taking a break, so I don't like to look at the social media that often to give myself a bit of a brain reset. But you know what I did watch. I've just been watching that that that show Presumed Innocent, that Jake Jillenhall show, which is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's again, you watch it all right, I'm the fourth recommendation.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm on the last episode of it, and it's it's pretty good. I would say. The one thing was like I was, I was amazed that it's just wild to see how many actors like who aren't from America that are playing Americans all the time. Like like one of the like the one of the black characters who plays the da is like from England. The judge who's a black woman is like from Switzerland. Ruth Nega who is plays Jillen Hall's wife, she's Irish. I was like, Irish. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Surprised that's not in Trump's twenty twenty four platform, right, like bring back American jobs.
Speaker 3: These are these are black jobs. These are the black jobs I'm talking about, even if nothing's safe even for them. They were doing it. The Australians were taking the white people jobs, and now the black people acting jobs are all gone. They're all gone. So yeah, I've just been watching that and it's Peter Sar's Guard will always make I will always be suspicious of Peter Sar's Guard whenever I see him on the screen. So there's that.
Speaker 2: It's got a very unnerving presence.
Speaker 3: He could because he's got like like Malcols like Malkovich energy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There's Dylan is looking Scars Guards.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, well yeah, Sars. That's the only part Stars Guard that guy, not the Scars Guards. The thing different Scandinavian acting family. Yeah, the one that's married to Maggie Jillenhaller was married to.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what wor scarguard the thing that you put on a cut to make sure that it doesn't get scarred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the SEO was all fucked up for them. Yeah, yeah, so shame.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian. Somebody retweeted the reaction of test audiences while watching the chestburster scene in Ridley Scott's Alien, and everybody's like, oh gross, like screaming, and then Robert Evans from Cool Zone zoomed in on this one guy, like guy with a beard and long hair who's just got this facial expression that's like yeah, man, all right.
Speaker 3: He just tweeted, Hell yeah, brother, this is from the eighties Test audiences seventy nine. Wow, Wow, why I.
Speaker 1: Just feel like receiving that even knowing it's going to happen. We've got you go react. But yeah, he's made a stronger stuff stronger.
Speaker 9: Yea.
Speaker 1: We're just like a bunch of seventies dish weed.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, rightah yeah, it's like yeah, it's like the movie version of like when you're listening to music and you're like, damn, this is like kind of a band, you know, like when you hear a band you didn't know you were trying to hear, and you hear and you're like all right, like yeah, that's the social expression this. Yeah, chess burst. It finally feel seen.
Speaker 1: It awoke something in him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyways, we will link off to that in the footnotes.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio for more podcasts. Wait no, I didn't do the thing anyways. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore o Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website, Daily zeitgeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes. We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as the song we think you might enjoy miles, did you hear any music while you were off that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: I did? I mean it's I'm a bit behind on the trends. This like music video was doing big numbers on YouTube. It's by this rapper from Kerala, India who goes by Hanumankind. The track is called Big Dogs awgs that's how they put big Dogs. But the video is dope. The beat instrumental is fucking it's it's wago, it's fire, it's crazy. The wrapping, you know, it's it's fine. The production of the visuals were so good, you know, the wrapping. I could go either way on but I think it's a track we're listening to because it's just like we're just check the video out. It's super fun. It's Big Dogs by Hanuman Kind. I know I'm late, or at least probably younger people in your life would be like, dude, you're so fucking late. Well guess what ten days old? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 6: My god?
Speaker 3: Dude, are you dead? All right?
Speaker 2: We'll link off to the video on the footnotes. The guys the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts for my.
Speaker 3: Heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app.
Speaker 2: Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcast. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and who will talk to you all.
Speaker 3: Then bye bye bye