Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 1: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: All right, listen up, taxpayer is time for what you all really tuned in and listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, Boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry the a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news. Because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial visor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees, Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details. And now I get back to my boring old day job. Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. Budgie asked your door about the draft process so far, also about what's essential, what he's essentially been a smear campaign against him. His answers, what you expect from time Sun. It's definitely a learning experience. There are a lot of things that aren't in your control, and just getting the knowledge from your dad and your just coach, family, friends and everybody you know that supporting men helping me through this process is extremely important and I'm thankful that I have those resources. We always understood. Block out the noise, even from Jackson State and Colorado. It's a lot of critics It's a lot of hate, but we know what to do. We know how to handle that in every way, so we remained happy. What do you take away from what should or spoke to Bucky Brooks about today?
Speaker 4: Prime is prepared should do it for this day for a very long time, mom, and he had the right person on this corner who also had to endure the same type of negative negativity in general from the media based on his style of play, the way you approached the game. Things that had nothing to do with his play were always use it against him. Should do understands that he should understand that because everything they talk about has nothing to do with the game of football. It had nothing to do with what he was able to do at Jackson State. He doesn't talk about him winning at Jackson State. It doesn't talk about him winning at Colorado despite the obstacles he had to overcome, despite having you know, inadequate play at the old line, still being able to complete seventy percent of his passes.
Speaker 2: They don't talk about none of that.
Speaker 4: We talk about the way an individual carries himself, his swag, the way he talks, not about being in trouble. Nothing is talking about that. Ridiculous stuff. Oh, showing off the watch. I mean, so what it's all about having confidence. It's all about having belief. That's what it takes to play at the next level and be successful. The fact that the user as a negative says more about them than it does should do her and I hope he never changes.
Speaker 2: It's true and he continues to have success in all that he does wherever he goes.
Speaker 4: You want to get a player like that that's going to change your franchise around. When someone comes out comes out and says, I want someone to draft me that wants a player that's going to change a franchise, that's something you want in a quarterback. I know it's frowned upon a little bit to have one that's his brash and his vocal as that.
Speaker 2: But if you look at the film, you turn the film on, you know what you get. It shouldn't be no problems at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure time prepared him for this. His dad prepared him for this. He's been at this, His dad has been at this for a very long time. He's been in the spotlight since his days at Florida State. So he understands that there's a certain level of criticism that comes along with being the guy, with being a good, great football player. He understands that also it comes along with being a quarterback, and yeah, dejective is I think the thing is a lot of times they try to tell you what you can't do, but they never want to emphasize what you can do. Bring me a guy and tell everybody what can he do, because I'm gonna keep him away from what he can't do. That's my job as a coach is to not put him in a situation where he can't succeed. Okay, you said he's good, he's not good on a read option? Okay, why would I run his own read if that's not what he's good at. I'm trying to put my players in a situation where they can succeed. That's what a coach's job is is to put a guy in a position where he can succeed and get more out of him than the players thought he can get out of himself. Yeah, it's if it's gonna be this, I'm glad that you know he's doing a great job, as good a job that he's not a robot with Joe, he sees this thing. I mean he's on social media, he hears these things. He's not a robot. He has feelings, he has emotions, and so no matter how much like no, eventually, yeah, you hear it, You're all the negativity that that what they're saying, it doesn't It doesn't make it any easier. Now your dad can tell you like, hey son, this is blah blah blah, but it doesn't make it easier.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, I ain't trying to hear that. This is supposed to be one.
Speaker 1: Of the Look, if you do it is what we think he is and can and can become the player that we think he can.
Speaker 5: All that noise, that's all it is, is just noise.
Speaker 1: He should have no impact what somebody says about you, and his dad says, what you say about me is not what I think of myself.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I just hope.
Speaker 4: I just hope he has the mental fortitude not to let it bother him. The fact that he's already been through it for so long and he has prime as his father.
Speaker 2: I don't think it will because they know a lot of people.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the media, and the media jumps on you and they talk about you, sometimes it gets to certain people. But I think I think theer is built different, Prime has been built different. So I think he has a great on standing to ignore the blocking noise out and when his time comes in April, wherever he goes, he shows up and shows that, you know what out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm excited showing man.
Speaker 1: The Vikings are set to roll with JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, pursue Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Bikers have rejected multiple trade calls for JJ McCarthy, telling other teams they're moving forward with him as their quarterback. The team plans to add a veteran, but they're not pursuing Aaron Rodgers at this time. McCarthy. Now, it is the off season, as QB one's.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: And listen, I don't like the way Aaron Rodgers is using the leverage, using his past, his accolades, his recume, and what he's done in the past.
Speaker 2: The whole team steadily at hostage. Now some of the reports they hold him hostage.
Speaker 1: Move on, Oh no, you're allowing him just like Green Bay allowed him to do all the things that he did. They're the Jets allowed out, allowed it. The Jets allowed it, just move on.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what they should do. Now, this is what I like about Minnesota. The reports came up, the reports came out about Minnesota obviously.
Speaker 2: Being in the hunt for trading for him, and what they did right away.
Speaker 4: It ain't even been two days. Oh, we're gonna mix that real quick. We don't have time to play them games with you. So obviously you haven't learned your lesson with the last two places you've been to, because not here you go tell the other teams you're not sure on what you want to do, yet having them wait, using the leverage that you do have, the little bit of leverage you still have to play games.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that Minnesota came out and said what they said. They're going forward with JJ McCarthy because you drafted him for a.
Speaker 4: Reason, and you understand what he can do, especially with the supporting casts he has around him, because you saw what Sam Donald was able to do.
Speaker 2: He wasn't able to do it with the Jets when they able to do with the Panther.
Speaker 4: But all of a sudden he comes to Minnesota and he has a career year, and that's this time that JJ McCarthy to step up and do the same damn thing. And that's what he's probably going to do because what he has around him is very very special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you gotta find out what if the guy can play them?
Speaker 2: Now, Ojo?
Speaker 5: I mean, you keep kicking the can, you keep kicking the can down the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but listen, even if he couldn't play, we didn't think Sam Donald would play anyone with the Jets. We didn't think he could play wins with the Panthers. But all of a sudden, magically he turned into god damn Houdini over that in Minnesota. But we saw what he looked like the last two games of the season. When I see, there's this thing called expectations. You tell me, because think about what you just said. You didn't think Sam Donald's gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Nobody thought Sam Donald was gonna do that until expectations came along. And then expectations came along, Oh we got to get the number one seed, and then what happened, Oh we're in the playoffs. Then what happened? He turned back into Sam Donald. You see, expectations is the number one killer of goals and dreams, because the moment someone expects something up see that's the only way you could hurt me, Ojo. And if I don't expect anything, if I'm in a relationship and I'm just casuallyting, I don't expect nothing that you do, you, I'm gonna do me if the more we have expectations in each other, See that it bothers me, that it hurts me if you do something that I don't agree with, See what I mean. So the vacuums started to have expectations. We started to have expectations for Sam Darnold, and you see what happened.
Speaker 4: Now, now you you you was preaching a little too fast. Now, I'm not sure if people need chet. I'm not sure that people in your chat and catch that. But that was a moment. That was a moment a lot of people might have missed because we're talking about football, But that's something that could apply to life that I think a lot of people are missed.
Speaker 2: But I miss it because as soon as I heard it, you know, I keep that thing on me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you keep it all you expectation. Now bring that to me again, and I got to write it down. Now when we get to the end of the year. What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna take all these quotes out of wrote down. Yeah, and I'm gonna make a nightcap booklet called at Quotes so the people can apply it to life.
Speaker 2: Expectations. Just get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's the number one is the number one killer of dreams and goals. Because here's the thing, Oh Joe, Sam Donald nobody because they're like, man, he was terrible with the Jets, Well, he was terrible with Carolina. Well, we didn't get an opportunity to see him really at Sam Friend, so everybody would expect him remember the last two stops that they saw him that he wasn't that good. Okay, So now he doesn't have any expectations. The more you win, the more expectations come along with that. So now the last couple of games of the season, Oh Joe, we got an opportunity to get the number one seed.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: Oh we're the playoffs now, don't matter blah blah blah boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know that a that that playoff atmosphere is different. Now that's a ball game than playing in the regular season. Regular season, he looked phenomenal. Ye type of pressure again, the one the one word expectation that comes with being the quarterback, especially especially in that type of situation. So I kind of I kind of understand and the team you are playing or had to play.
Speaker 2: M hm hm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But that's what happens when you have expectations. Oh, Joe, like I said, and I like to quate things the relationship because the people, specially in not chat it's been a relationship, relate to it. Yeah, it's the moment you have expectations. You see when a couples in a marriage, there's an expectation You're gonna be faithful. I'm gonna be faithful. Oh, I'm gonna protect you. You're gonna protect me. Come on, man, I'm the honor of the vows that we stood before God and we swore to each other. Now I have that expectation. Hey, if you say, hey, what you're doing tonight? Uh, I ain't gonna be able to see you tonight. And everybody there's like, there's no expectations. I have no obligation, you have no obligation to meet. I'll see you when I see you, hollow when I holler.
Speaker 4: And you know what I don't like about you know what I don't like about the analogy and explation that you give me right now. Yeah, marriage one normally doesn't work. But the woman with had no expectations. Here you be friends, you be, you be, you be, sneaky links over whatever you want to call it, for years and years and years and years all the way down the line, because there are no expectations, so there's no failure or reason for anything to ever end.
Speaker 1: All but hair is that The hair is the sneaky part. The ought your ware to get you. You see the number one, the number one cause that call will cause a relationship to end is uncommunicated expectations. Mmm, you see, Oh Joe, she expected you to get up flowers and you didn't give them.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you tell me you wanted flowers?
Speaker 1: You expected she expected you, Oh Joe, to plan this vacation, right, you didn't know she wanted to go on a vacation.
Speaker 5: Uncommunicated expectations.
Speaker 2: Oh your thought?
Speaker 1: Did you know what? He she gonna do this thing for Father's Day. We're gonna do it, uh blah blah blah. She didn't do it, you see, uncommunicated expectations. But again uncommunicated. But what's the end part? Expect I like that I.
Speaker 2: Haven't heard that.
Speaker 4: I haven't even heard that word before, not used, not using this context and actually use together uncommunicated expectations.
Speaker 2: Yes like that.
Speaker 1: You see, she has an expectations, but she didn't communicate them with you. You have an expectation, but you didn't communicate them with her. So those uncommunicated expectations and what happens A lot of times people have what we call implosive personalities. They hold things, whole things, whole things. There's only so much you can hold before it explodes. You term, oh you went postal? Yeah, all right, boom. And so now instead of just saying, well, you know, Chad, I thought that we were going to do this. No, one month, go by, two months, go by, three months, go by, four months go by, and it's building.
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not been communicated, so you don't know it's building. It's building, it's building.
Speaker 2: Boom. Then it blows. Yeah, you've been with me all this time.
Speaker 5: You should have known. You see how many time you heard that O joke?
Speaker 4: What I like, yeah, all the time, all the time, because you've been with him a serving mind. You've been with someone for a certain amount of time. Ain't know, women all the time. Oh, I know you're real well, I know you're real well. I knew what was gonna say. You could say something, Yes, he can finish the sentence for you. But all of a sudden when they come to certain stuff, Oh, you didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Let they know you wanted that. I ain't know you what, Oh.
Speaker 2: You can't read my mind. I threw you. Hence I gave you a sign a few I gave you a sign a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Ago, a sign yeah what yeah? Yeah in the com I mintioned it when it came on TV. Yeah, I missed the signed that God gave me to. You should have told you'd say I missed the signed that God gave me. You left your ask long by sae months ago. I missed that sign. But then, and that's and that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I just think, you know, sometimes we we take for granted, and you've been in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Just tell me.
Speaker 1: I'm very I'm one of these guys on Joe. Just tell me if you want to do something, tell me. I don't have time. I got too much ish on my plate. Try to try to figure out what you want. You can just open your mouth and say if you want to go here, say that, if you want to eat that, say that, if you want this, say that. But the guy me, you know, you know what to talk about, you know what to talk about. On them shows.
Speaker 2: What they got to do with this?
Speaker 5: What that got to do with you telling me what you would like to do?
Speaker 1: And so I think the thing here for the Vikings, they have an expectation.
Speaker 2: Now they see their offense.
Speaker 1: They realize that, hey, Jedda's gonna be Jedda Hawkinson has been a Pro Bowl player. Addison, Hey, well, the more opportunities we give him, the better he can be. Yeah, offensive line, maybe they add a piece to the offensive line.
Speaker 5: But other than that, Yeah, I think you you you always, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you draft the kid when you drafted it, and now you keep kicking the can down the road. And and he's like, hold on, what I got to do? You took me and you told me I was the guy, and now I get hurt. Okay, I get that. I understand that I got hurt. There's nothing I can do about that, O Joe. But then I come back and y'all got another guy. You tell me got it? I got to wait another year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And that was that would bother.
Speaker 4: That would bother anybody, especially a quarterback that drafted where you got drafted, expected to start, but due to injury, he had a small setback. And now you've done all the work you need to do during the season last year to get yourself back, not only in playing shape physically and mentally, but now you talk about bringing somebody else in, another veteran president and telling me I got to take a back seat.
Speaker 2: To get Yeah, may wait a minute, what are we talking about here? So I'm happy for him.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that the organization decided to hurry up and nix the rumors that were out there about Aaron Rodgers coming in and let JJ McCarthy give him that sense of security mentally so he can go forward and know he's quarterback one and doesn't have to look over his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Cam Hayward, the great defensive tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers, was asked if he'll be doing any recruiting to help bring Rogers to Pittsburgh. I ain't doing none of that darkness retreat. I don't need any of that crap. Ef You want to be a Pittsburgh Steeler or you don't. That's simple. That's the pitch. If you want me to recruit, that's recruiting pitch. Pittsburgh Steelers. If you want to be a part of it, so be it. If you don't, no skin off my back.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's certain teams. You look at the logo and the helmet.
Speaker 4: They don't need no help, right, they don't need no recruiting pitch. The product sells itself. Again, I always use that, I use it. I always use that example of Blue Magic in the movie American Gangster with Denzel Washington.
Speaker 2: The product sells itself. The Steelers historic franchise.
Speaker 4: Them stars on the side of the helmet. It sells itself. The other franchise things are bigger in Texas. The product sells itself.
Speaker 2: You don't need to do anything for it. You don't have to recruit nobody. You would have to. You have to sell nobody nothing because.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be a recruitment. Oh Joe, that would be begging, and that's what he wants.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I like what I like the Jets do. The Jets got on a private plane and flew to him. Yes, sir, I mean, oh Joe. I don't know if you saw this, but I had young Miami on the podcast. Hey, hey, but I saw you shooting.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me tell you something, boy, you were shooting seventy percent of the field that night.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. I see you, blessing.
Speaker 1: Baby, I'm just having I'm just having a great conversation, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know when you you know, when you conversationd that's called shooting that depending on what you say, it ain't what you say, is how you say it.
Speaker 2: It's all about your delivery. Baby, you was on point.
Speaker 1: You let them tell it. I was shooting that cash dog. I was shooting at Amber Rose. I was shooting a young man. Oh no, no, no, no, I was shooting that key, key, I was shoot I was with Damn.
Speaker 2: I was shooting that dam Can I have a conversation.
Speaker 4: Well this was a little different. Now, you didn't shoot that cash doll. You didn't shoot at nobody else. Now, this it's this the conversation and the energy and the aura and the chemistry in which you can't see. You can't see it because you actually in the room. See I'm not in the room with you. Yeah, I can see. I can see the heap coming off the couch.
Speaker 5: You hear me.
Speaker 4: I can see the connection in the chemistry. Now I'm not I'm talking about the type of chemistry when you play twister, that kind of chemistry where they say red and you got to cross over. You hear me, Yeah, I seen it. Now you can't see it. So it's it's my dude, listen. I know you're in the room. That's why you can't see them. So I'm trying to tell you what I saw.
Speaker 2: Your WiFi was on point, telling about every every bar was there. It was there. It was a connection that was chemistry. You can't see it. So you doing that, which you.
Speaker 1: Will, and I ain't doing nothing with it. I'm not doing anything with it. I'm one thousand okay for me, I couldn't in good conscience. It's almost it would be almost like I'm a therapist and some lady comes and talk about a problem and then I end up fleeting with her.
Speaker 2: Or if I'm a I'm a lawyer and.
Speaker 1: I have a client and I know she's she's uh, he's vulnerable.
Speaker 5: Right, you're having a conversation.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love see, let me see what you know. It's the problem.
Speaker 4: It's the problem with this is what happens when it comes us when when it comes to us are people.
Speaker 2: We overthink things.
Speaker 4: We overthink things and we try to analyze them and we put things in our head with a scenario like you just did. Now you just said the scenario. You gave a narrative that fit the way you thought. This individual is based on the situation that you created. Now see, God always has a plan for us, and he puts people in our life in certain situations. And you're missing your blessing that could be now Young Miami chose to come through Club shay Shy and said down.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, I'm grateful for every guest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now listen, that could have been a sign for God. You never know now what I saw when I watched the interview. I say, what is more than just a talk? This is more than just a conversation. Now I can see the energy, I can see the or I can see the chemistry on camera. Now you can't see it. And I'm telling you again, now listen to me when I talk to you, because I wouldn't tell you and I wouldn't stay you wrong, because this will the wheel over here. Jesus got this one. Okay, I'm not telling you. I'm not telling you to make no moves. I'm just telling you. I can see it.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: I know we got people watching. You really don't want to say nothing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no, nothing that people watching. It's just like you heard what she said. Man, God, oh your guys showing up with Croc Burkins. Yeah, hold on on that. Now, you just talked about I want somebody. You talked about waves just the other night. Now you talked about berkles and g wagons. Now this is right up your ass about what you just what you were talking about. Oh Jo, that's a build up, she said, Burkins Now is a starter pack?
Speaker 5: Right, thinking l B, I'm thinking Gucci, Why I sail?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking d or right, she say, Burkins, Roc Burkins, Rastle starter pack?
Speaker 2: God by jeep.
Speaker 5: Man, man, come on, man, y'all, y'all nobody.
Speaker 2: You First of all, you say you want him young?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 2: Didn't I tell you? Didn't? I tell you got evolved. This is what you gotta deal with. You want when you want him young? Huh?
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: Not only that, there's certain other areas you're gonna have to You're gonna have to listen you.
Speaker 2: I had to update your resume.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna have to go. I'm gonna have to. Let me tell you what I'm gonna have to do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to start going to church and get me somebody with a hat sitting in there, sitting in the dcon s corner.
Speaker 5: Bad, I ain't got the bread.
Speaker 2: Like hey, uh uh me, I tell you, I tell you what, I tell you what.
Speaker 5: I tell you.
Speaker 4: What now if you if you, if you do me a solid and you do me a favor, young Miami. You know that's my assist. Now you know, she from Miami, She from now you know. Okay, I'm I'm just making sure you know. That's why I'm bouncing for them. Just why I'm bounching for no. Look, I know, I know, I know you're trying to keep a professional.
Speaker 2: No, But but I like the fact.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that they come in and they open up and we have a conversation, right and we just be talking. I mean, look, I mean I had a great conversation because, like I said, I had no I didn't never think I would even meet any of these people. So for me, I'm like like, man, I can't believe you sitting across from me. That's how I look at him. I don't I don't like Okay, let me let me, let me, let me, let me try to throw a question in here and try to get a slick with it.
Speaker 2: Now, I ain't think You've got to see You've got to do that.
Speaker 4: You got to say the things you're saying right now, I'm saying the things I'm saying that you can't say that you might be thinking.
Speaker 2: See, that's what me, being.
Speaker 4: Your other half is supposed to do. I'm supposed to be able to see things that you can't see and then relate what I see that you should do. But you don't want to do it because you keep but you're keeping a certain level of professionalism.
Speaker 2: Yeahs on your face at all times. Now, let me tell you what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Now, you talk about you understand the prerequences when it comes to dealing with her. Yeah, if you want to lead up with one of them karc Birkers, I seen your fifty two hundred to smeed up the process.
Speaker 1: No, send me that car. That's what you owe me, not cout that gonna be a down pable on the dail bag. See if that cause that's what the hell you owe me. Oh, if you get a croc Burken, I see you fifty two hundred on it.
Speaker 5: Send me money. How are you gonna talk about? You gonna send me something?
Speaker 2: Own it? What you owe me that?
Speaker 4: Hey? Hey, hold on, let me give you a prime example before we move on to the next topic. Before we move on to the next topic, understand the professionalism in which you carry yourself destruction and discipline and everything that you do. That's what your love about you. That's why we work so well because I'm the complete opposite. So I'm gonna give you a small example. Okay, there was a movie that came out not too long ago, when ah, what's the lady's name? Jennifer asking Jennifer Anderson was dating Brad Pitt. They were they were together, and all of a sudden Smith, Yeah, Brad Pitt went off to do a movie with and mister missus Smith. Yes, okay, okay, you hear You see where I'm going with this, So listen. It don't matter what you got going on life. Sometimes God puts you in situations. In this case, happened to be club Shape Shade with a sit down with brother Shennon Shaw in Karasha and the situation.
Speaker 2: To me, it was to me from the outside looking in.
Speaker 4: Regardless of the professionalism that you're trying to instill and carry because you have to.
Speaker 2: I saw a situation like that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Pittsburgh, Nigie Harris said, there is a lack of leadership with the Steelers. We just didn't know anything on offense. Really, we didn't have any identity. We had a young guy coming in at coming in at QB. I really didn't have nobody to almost learn from on the offensive side. You like that he's saying that, O.
Speaker 4: Joe, I mean at the runner at the running back position, and saying that you don't have anybody to learn, you know, at that pacific position. I don't really like that, Okay, I personally don't because there's so many resources once you're in that atmosphere that you can learn from where it doesn't have to actually be a person right there outside of your head coach teaching you, because there's so much you can learn on your own. They have film, they have most they have man goo gods of footage and stuff.
Speaker 2: You can you can learn, right, you know. Yeah, And then to.
Speaker 4: Say something like and to say something like that with a tutelage that you're getting at the organization you're at.
Speaker 2: How could you even say something like that. Look at all the backs that have come through there. Yeah, but they weren't there.
Speaker 1: They weren't the veteran leadership wasn't there when he got there. That's the thing that I'm very appreciative of. I had a guy, even though he was a year older than me, Steve Atwater, that had to be professional. I had Dennis Smith, who had been there since nineteen eighty one, who said, this is how you do things. This is how you be professional. You be punctual, you be on time, you practice hard. I saw John, I saw all those guys, the veteran guys, and how they do things.
Speaker 5: Okay me now, o Joe. I got the younger guys coming in.
Speaker 1: That's my job for Burns, Foots, Rod Smith, the other.
Speaker 5: Guys, TD, Shark Eye House.
Speaker 1: Now I go to Baltimore, the other younger guys, some of the younger guys, the Rays, and think, Todd Heaps, that's what you do.
Speaker 5: That's I think that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I think, now, I don't want to put words in his mouth, guys, but I think that's what he's talking about like how to be professional, how to make sure I practice doing everything that I possibly can to make sure that I'm maximizing my time here. And I'm very I'm very grateful that I got to Denver. I had guys. Look, they're guys that wanted to party. I know that's not why I was there. Maybe, oh Joe, had I been a first or second round pick, maybe I would have partake. Probably not because that's never been mymo. But knowing that I'm on thin ice and I see ad Ward, and I see Dennis Smith, and I see those other guys John, and I see the way they're doing things, I say, you know what, Yeah, I kind of I need to be I need to be in that group listen.
Speaker 2: And I understand it.
Speaker 4: And I truly don't understand where he's coming from in a sense because I see you understand what it took you to get here, right, This is j You've been dreaming about this since she was a little shorty, since your little kid. This is a dream of mine. You will finally reached that pinnacle of reaching what you've always dreamed of. Then you not only that you're part of history franchise, the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'm not getting somewhere and worried about veteran leadership when I understand the worker took me to get here.
Speaker 2: I'm already aligned with the end goal.
Speaker 4: All my goals reset themselves once I make it. I'm not worried about no veteran leadership. I know what I need to do based on the goals that I set for myself. Personally, it don't matter who's in the room. It don't matter who's that before me.
Speaker 2: Yeah that shit.
Speaker 4: I need to get done and I got to focus and everything I do have to align with my end goal regards to whether I have a veteran presence or not at my pacific position.
Speaker 2: I want to be one of the best to play this game ever. You talked about no better leadership.
Speaker 4: Look at the players that came in FORO you that played the exact position the drone better sais the Willie Parker's I mean, I'm sure you did.
Speaker 2: J Yeah, but I need them better, O. Joe. See how you talk about you taught a pro A pro.
Speaker 1: A pro is the occupation in which you do it that's a professional. A pro is how you go about that. You see it out and you see the difference between college and pros. What do they do? They get your ass up. They make sure you go to study hall, they make sure you do X, Y and Z. They make sure you in the weight room. Who does that? When you go to the NFL, you and it helps. It helps when you see somebody that that's a pro because once you get there with all professionals. But to be a pro, it's something to be said for me. That's just me now, Hey, to each his own, but there's something to be said for me to have veteran I remember Mark Jackson would take me up on his wing and say, hey, hey, you know, I see you ran that route, but I'm not so sure how to run it like that. But because blah blah blah x y Z, I said, Okay, I appreciate that man.
Speaker 2: He pulled me to the side.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, threaten that guy a little bit more. Hey, you got your head around a look too far? Stuff if little stuff like that o joe that you I mean, stuff that you can't see. Yeah, because you used to get a o jo. We used to use using God give it the ability of getting open. It takes more than that in the NFL because all the Juggles got God.
Speaker 2: Hey, God touched all them. Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 4: I understand it, and I wish I could told it Nada to get to get better contacts and get a little bit more in depth on what he means by it. And maybe I'm thinking a little different because of my approach. Yeah, better leadership, I understood. Okay, I finally got here. I know if my goals are and to make sure everything I do is going to the line they and go to make sure I become at some point one of the best to ever played, not just for the Bengals, but to play in the history of this game in general.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna list my imprint whether people like me or not.
Speaker 4: Then I think about also hell for the people in the chat. Huh No, better leadership. Where did I stay the first two years in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Where I lived that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm locked in. I don't care who's there. I know what I got to do. I know what it takes to make sure I'm able to be consistent this as a rookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 4: I might not have better in pressents, but I'm gonna do the things I think I need to do to make sure, I give them the best of me, giving you the best of me.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a part of me.
Speaker 1: I think I think Nigee doesn't feel like the Steelers really appreciated him. Yeah, because a guy that's just barely rushing for a thousand yards is not going to get their appreciation like a Saquon, like Derrick Henry, like these guys rushing for fourteen fifty hundred yards. He's never had less than a thousand yards rushing. Oh Joe, but he's not spectacular. You don't look at it like, oh my god. You don't think that when he gets the ball, see at least like Saquon gets the ball, you think, man, he might hear his head on the gold post or or Derrick Henry gonna end the game with one hundred and fifty maybe two hundred yards. That's not what you get from him. I thought he's a good back. I don't think I don't think he I don't think he changes live. He's not a guy that's gonna change your life for me now. In college, he was sensational.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's here here, Bill, I like you a bell cow three at three down back.
Speaker 1: I like, oh Joe, Jamar was not. Jamar Chase signed this deal. T Higgins signed this deal. They had their press conference. Wamar was not happy with the reporter calling t receivering number two.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 2: He would have.
Speaker 6: Probably been secret one. When you see out the highest state wide receiver. How does that one agg you're saying was fixing it one egg? Yes, sir, you know, bro, you can look at it like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I kind of wish they wouldn't have put it out there like that because now it's that's why everybody's saying on the highest paid too.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just say.
Speaker 7: I'm at a place where you know they value me and you know they respect me, and.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm a good player here.
Speaker 7: So let's just say that that's not the highest receiver too or anything like that. I mean, so let's just say he's another great receiver, angles receiver that you know that puts in the work and got his head down and just grinds.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, Joe, I've been saying it for a very long time. I've been saying it for a very every very long time. Every time I talk about the Bengals, duo. I say it all the time, and I've been saying it for a very long time. You and I even went back and forth about it, you know, continuously on here. I said, he's a wide receiver one that just happened to be on the team with another number one.
Speaker 2: There are a.
Speaker 4: Few instances, a few a few other teams that also benefit benefit from this situation.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what the reporter is doing. And the reporter who.
Speaker 4: Understands the game of football and is being able to watch Tea and Chase together should know that no better that needs a one. If he were the lead there, he would have been paid as a number one, because that's exactly what he is.
Speaker 2: It just so happens he had Jamar Chase on the other side of you.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Well, we look at, we look at Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Pascertain lined up, who pascertain going to He going to Chase or he going to t Higgins or if he's following, he's going to Chase, Okay, Sault Gardner, Stingley.
Speaker 2: And he's following, he's going He's going to Chase. So why wouldn't they.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying, because that's that's that's the thing though, Oh Joe, it used to be no QB one. It was the start of quarterback. It was no QB. It was no receive wide receiver one. It was it was wide receiver. It was Michael Irvis turning charmp Jared Randy blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Killo.
Speaker 5: Now they got they got all these fag wide receiver one.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, now, hold on. It ain't ain't no all. Now they are only a few teams like that. Uh, the Eagle that's wide receiver one A and one B. The Bengals that's wide receiver one A and one b.
Speaker 4: What they did over there with Cooper cup and pooling the cord that was wide receiver one A and one B. Now what they will do is they will take some of your production, your opportunities away from you and make it look like it's something wrong with you, and make it look like wide receiver two when there's really nothing wrong with you. If you understand the business and.
Speaker 2: How they work.
Speaker 1: Here as a pout of there, butt me. This is why I look at it. Lo Choe, talk to me. Why didn't they give if Jalen Wallall was the equivalent of Tyreek? Why didn't they give him the same type of money that he gave Tyreek? If Davontae Smith was the same, was the equivalent of receiver? So why did they give t Higgins forty million?
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, you can't worry, you can't work like that. Now, coming on, he.
Speaker 1: Wide receiver one, Wide receiver one, get wyd RECEIEVET one money?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we can, we can. We can argue it. We can argue too. But listen, normally, normally when we talk about wide.
Speaker 4: Receiver one and we talk about wide receiver two, there is an enormous drop off and skill and talent enormous. Now you got two receivers that get it done totally, two totally different ways.
Speaker 5: Are you are you?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you saying that I would to make sure. Yeah, there's a drop off, I said, enormous.
Speaker 4: No, No, no, extravagant, extravagant drop off from your one and your two.
Speaker 2: There's a reason the.
Speaker 4: Person is the one and there's a reason the other person is the two. Now you got to let me finish. You got two receivers that are really really good at what they do. High point, short, intermediate, long, balls. Now, both of them do all them really well that I think that one of the few things that Chase might have on yeah, is that guy damn run after the catch.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 4: That's also because his background, his background and playing on the back, and he was younger. That's why he looked like that. Every time he get the ball. He like you like a damn running back. He bouncing off people playing ping ball. I mean, listen, you touch me, I'm going down. You touched him going down. I'm making a business decision. So look, I'm glad. I'm glad paid. I think I think he earned the right. I mean, the way he played, he had been exemplary the whole while there. They made him play under the tag.
Speaker 1: He played under the tag, he caught, NATed, but he still had double digit touchdown. He was gonna be well over one thousand yards, and so they compensated him. I love, I love when teams reward their players for work. Put in now, oh Joe, I've already paid you for what you've done. Now for me to give you this money, they're not paying They're not paying Chase for the triple crown they paid him that. They're paying him for moving forward. We believe you're gonna put up numbers equivalent to that, if not better.
Speaker 2: I can't pay I can't. How do I paid you?
Speaker 1: It wasn't like he didn't get a salary, oh Joe, And now we got to make up for what we didn't give him.
Speaker 2: He got paid. Right With that being said, I believe Chase.
Speaker 1: They believe Chase is gonna put up numbers equivalent to, if not better than, what he put up last year.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to pay you accordingly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and uh and he's earned it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, see he's earned it. I'm glad he didn't have to go.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he didn't have to go to get something because so many times we see guy put oh, put the work in, put the work in, and then they got to go somewhere else to get get rewarded, get to get the appreciation that I should have got from the club that drafted me. You thought enough for drafting me. You know, I want to tell people a lot of times what I love about Dan Reeves. He was smart enough to draft me, but somehow forgot to cut me. The Bengals. Oh you you really loved Hell, You did your homework. You took him in the second round. But now he give you all those great years and you want to let him. You gonna let him move on, and you're gonna let it because the end is prime yet, So now the next four years is really gonna be you know, it's prime, and you're gonna let somebody else read that betterpit because you cheating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was glad they finally.
Speaker 4: You know, the funny thing I think a lot of people haven't talked about, they really don't know, is the person that's pulling their strings behind closed doors, the person with the power, the person who runs the show and is making the calls, is really nine Yeah, for sure. You know a lot of people ain't talking about that. We talk about t going here, no matter what I've said, no matter what you're on ESPN, no matter what people have said on X or Twitter for that matter. The person behind the clause the closed doors, who went up the management and probably said, listen, I don't know what you need to do, what you need to do with the numbers on my contract, or what you need to restructure, but Uo and five I need that back. Come hell of high water. If you're unlike that, How he conducts his business and the way he goes about it. I mean, young young bull ain't playing not by them too.
Speaker 1: You know what I love O Joe, the fact that he was outspoken about it. A lot of quarterbacks like, yeah, we love to have him back, but that's not my call, right, he said, No, we need back. Oh his deck, He's like, hey, they've earned. He say, they've earned, They've earned the right, he said. And he said the same thing about Trey Hendrickson. It seems like they're a little bit more open to trading trade than potentially bringing him back.
Speaker 5: But that's something we'll discuss in the later day and time.
Speaker 1: But he came on first take and he was saying, hey, I want them to pay Chase. Chase has earned that. I want them to pay tee. He's a valuable piece to what we do and I want him back. None of that. Hey, yeah we love to have him back, but you know I don't make that decision.
Speaker 2: I'm just a quarterback.
Speaker 1: No, no, And so I love I love that that part about him. Oh Shoe a key factor in the Jamar Chase t h in negotiation with Joe. Burrow's influence beyond the public comments applied private pressure, making it clear deals must get done for both if since it failed.
Speaker 5: It could have gotten very very interesting.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, I'm glad that we just brought that up, and I just said it ahead of time. Obviously I would have said it when when all this stuff was going on. But if you understand, I've watched Joe now for a few years.
Speaker 2: I've seen him up in person.
Speaker 4: I've heard the stories about the way he conducts himself and goes on, goes on about his business and his approach to the game and how serious he takes it.
Speaker 2: In order to continue, in order to continue playing.
Speaker 4: At an elite level, you have to have elite talent around you, and you understand that, especially offensively, in order to keep that going and continue to give us a chance offensively to get where we want to go. We already know what the end goal is every time you compete and you play on a Sunday and know to get there, especially San Francisco. I need my I need my two, I need my own on, I need my five.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we need to do. I don't know what we need to do upstairs, but we need to make it happen. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes that quarterbacks may like I got my money, to hell with the rest of this stuff. I ain't got nothing to do with me, and they and they take that's a cop out on Joe. It's a cop out to say, well, I don't get to make that decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard. I've heard that before, and you hear it a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you know, Joe making fifty five millions, like y'all feeling for yourself, but he knows a part of him getting that fifty five million was So what's one in five?
Speaker 2: There it is? You said it right there.
Speaker 4: Now you're come in there playing around and bring somebody else in. They can't do it one to five. You understand, you understand you're gonna be upset. I mean he's been throwing mad.
Speaker 1: I mean he's pretty much been throwing a chase for what five years, had him in college a year, missed him and then.
Speaker 2: Picked him right back up up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, I'm glad these guys got it done. Congratulations guys, well deserved