Speaker 1: Welcome to your brand new Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for being here and today. Well, I guess the part where they're playing with their food during the date is a highlight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the low light gets real low so you'll hear it in just a second. My first comment to lexis.
Speaker 3: Yes, Rosebud Sims said, when I was a kid, I hated the talking part of the radio in the morning.
Speaker 1: Now I hate the music and listen to the talking part online.
Speaker 3: Love you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to adulthood.
Speaker 1: My own kid actually turned the station the other day when he heard my voice.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was like rude right face too, ye, not getting your allowance this week.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into your brand new Second Day.
Speaker 1: It starts right now, broken Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: I just googled the top turn ons for guys during dates WHOA and Google was like, I don't know, ask Chat GPT. So I went and I asked Chat GPT, Hey what turns guys on?
Speaker 2: Shouldn't you know you're a guy And they.
Speaker 4: Were like, oh, come on now, jeff you know. Oh so I'm getting no answers from both of the smartest computers on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: They must listen.
Speaker 4: Here's what I've learned from a good friend of mine, jose Bolanos. A woman with a great personality and a nice, low cut napkin will always have my attention. So that's what I have to go off of. When one of our listeners said that he was turned on big time by the end of his date, I think I know what he means. I cannot wait to find out how low his dates napkin was cut. Chris, Welcome to the show, my man.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: God, I know that I want to part of any of this. The rest of this conversation.
Speaker 4: I know Brooks getting far too turned on thinking about how low she wants to cut her napkin for her next day. It doesn't have to because it's hot, Am I right, Chris?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 4: Chris knows, all right. So now that we've got all the gears turning, we're all oiled up and ready to go. Chris tell us about the woman that she met. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Her name was Lisa?
Speaker 4: Oh, my sister's name is Lisa.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Now I got this tiny napkin and I'm thinking about Chris. I'm so sorry. It's a good name, some strong female name.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about your Lisa, Chris.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I met her on a dating app. I won't say which one, but she was definitely leading the charge throughout this interaction because this is the thing she wanted to get right to the date. I'm somebody that wants to take it slow. I would like to get to know whoever they are be a chat.
Speaker 2: Isn't that exhausting though?
Speaker 1: Like I've just heard that people disappear like it never materials so much can ruin it?
Speaker 4: Like before I know broke? Why don't they jump straight into bed with you like first five minutes. Let's really get to.
Speaker 2: Know good old days, Jeff. I miss those days of dating with you.
Speaker 4: Chris, what's wrong with you? Why do you want to talk to them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I want to get to know you. Do we have that same sense of humor whatever? But Lisa, she just jumped right and said, I'd like to get to know you in person. Let's do it on a date.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: She suggested a place that I would have never thought that a wola would suggest a date for, which was Popeyes Popeye' chickens.
Speaker 2: Yeahorn chicken. Oh so good?
Speaker 5: It is great but I was like, I don't know. I would never even suggest that myself.
Speaker 2: I about your stokes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you actually go inside of Popeyes? Or did you do the drive through nice and slow?
Speaker 5: We went inside no drive.
Speaker 4: Because for anybody listening, that's a little first date tip, do the drive through slow backs eat only. How are you cruise control? By Chris? If this day ends up not working out, just remember that for your next one. Okay, okay, So take us inside Popeyes with Lisa. What happens?
Speaker 5: Well, I would say, first off, when I saw her, she.
Speaker 1: Was happy about that dude, and to be cute and fast food lighting is a feat and she was.
Speaker 5: She was super cute, super nice. She made me laugh. That was like a big highlight. This is silly. But she would us that chicken tenders and make them walk towards me. I don't know. It was like some weird bitch.
Speaker 2: Why do I picture the rockets like chicken.
Speaker 4: Chicken legs coming right out?
Speaker 2: They were tenders. They weren't the drumsticks. They should have been the drumsticks.
Speaker 4: That would have been Yeah, she's not as funny as we want her to do. We're going to dock her a point like end.
Speaker 5: I mean, everything was going great. I mean there was so much flirtation, eye contact, her smile, she was touching my hand. There's a lot of that. And then it was pretty short, I would guess, like I don't know, thirty forty minutes. She just said, hey, I'm having a great time, but I gotta go. I hope to see you again, and then I walked her to her car. On that moment, I was feeling the vibe. I went in for a kiss goodbye, and next thing I know, her fingers are on my lips, stopping me. Says to me, naughty boy. Oh, literally moves my lips with her hand to her cheek. I don't know. It must have been the control, but that was the most turned on I've ever been.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 4: Onto her cheek. That did it, man, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know it was. I know she was saying no to the kiss, but I was like, whatever you want.
Speaker 4: You just discovered a woman to take control. Brother, Yeah, that's what I discovered.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously she was being fun and playful with it, like, it's not like she was turning you down in a cold way.
Speaker 2: So I am actually surprised you're not seeing her again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm surprised too, I mean, what what's happened since.
Speaker 5: I was a little bit of chit chat via text right after the date, okay, but then it just went radio silence for the last four days.
Speaker 2: Man, the chicken's gun cold.
Speaker 4: She's trying to ghost you, for sure. Yeah, just because it's cold, doesn't wan you can't pop it in the microwave reheat it.
Speaker 1: Get you would choose an air fryer. Well, I mean microwave chicken is not worried.
Speaker 4: I'm working with what we got here at the radio station, and they definitely don't have air fryers or ninja whatever chicken right now, I'm yeah, I'm confused too, but I'm liking it no matter what. Maybe she just wants to take it super super slow with you because she liked you that much, that's true, But.
Speaker 2: She wanted to take it fast in the beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, fast slow. It's like watching a Lexus drive. It's hard to follow. So let's try and call her. We'll figure out if she has a reason for not talking to you in the last four days, but hopefully we can get her to agree to another meetup when we do your second date update with Lisa right after this with Lisa, right after this broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second date updates, We're on.
Speaker 4: The phone with Chris, who told us that his date with Lisa was the most turned on that he has ever been. Are you after getting the deats? It's not hard to understand why he said that, because first off, they went to Popeyes, then they played foot seat together with their chicken tenders.
Speaker 2: That they were.
Speaker 6: Legs sexy again, and then at the very end, when he leaned in to kiss her, she blocked it with her greasy hand and then guided his lips onto her cheek.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, I mean, am I the only one who's sweating thinking about that? Maybe I'm getting sick. I'll probably get a check out. But I mean, according to Chris, it was an intense connection that they shared that day.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 4: It has been four days though, since they last spoke over text, and he's not sure what killed the momentum. We're going to try and help him figure out why.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would love that. I mean, it was a perfect matchup, super funny, quirky, pretty woman. I mean, come on, help me out.
Speaker 2: Do you have any theories?
Speaker 5: I mean, I must have just said something wrong or weird in the text, But I've gone back through and looked at him and there's nothing there that stands out.
Speaker 2: You didn't send any pictures, did you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I did not, Okay, because sometimes I send a naked, unbreaded chicken and that usually kills it.
Speaker 2: Much about jeff And yeah.
Speaker 4: The girls like it breaded, by the way, Chris, that's another hot dating tip for you, just in case this doesn't work out.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: For guys to go ahead, feel free to steal that. Yes, I know again, Brooke is getting too turned on just thinking about that naked chicken breast before. Yeah, exactly. So let's just dial Lisa. We'll see if she answers, and then hopefully we can figure this out. So here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Lisa.
Speaker 5: This is Lisa.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lisa, thanks for answering. You're on a radio show right now. It's kind of cool called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lisa, Hey, but you star?
Speaker 1: Hi? Okay, Yeah, I think this actually could be a really exciting call for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of us are very excited to talk to you because we heard about a date that you went on with one of our listeners, a really nice seeming guy named Chris.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chris, Yeah, your pop Eye boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Can we call it already? I guess about it is funny.
Speaker 4: Pop Bye guy, Pop Bye.
Speaker 5: Gop bye guy. I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, why are you calling?
Speaker 5: Sorry? Right?
Speaker 4: So this is a segment called a second date update. We do it when a listener of ours is having trouble figuring out why they're not getting a second meet up with someone. We call on their behalf to try and figure out if there's a reason why.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, you know, Okay, did you start with your initial thoughts, like when he walked into Popeyes?
Speaker 2: You were like, what.
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 5: I thought I was cute? I just OK.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're on the fence about it. At least you're not outright saying no, I didn't like him, So that's a good sign.
Speaker 3: It's tough because I do want to see him again and I had a great time. It's just that's not my specific situation.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, what's your specific situation?
Speaker 3: So in my situation, my boyfriend likes it when I go on dates with other guys.
Speaker 4: You what your boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: So in a relationship with another man and you're just doing this because it's your guys thing.
Speaker 2: Like he likes to be jealous.
Speaker 3: No, I mean not really, Like he goes on the date too, and he watches like that's that's the same he was in the restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he came into the restaurant and watched me go on a date with another guy.
Speaker 4: He saw the two of you playing with each other's chicken.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. That's what I can't get over either.
Speaker 1: Like you were He said that you were acting like chicken tenders were legs.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what you're supposed to do on a date, right, like have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks because like you led Chris on our listener, like she didn't know we're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: No, no, because I'm not lying because on my profile it says that I'm looking for something casual.
Speaker 4: So are you saying romance is still in play?
Speaker 3: No, I mean that's one of our rules, like we we can't do anything with other people, Like a kiss on the cheek is as far as it can go.
Speaker 4: That explains the guided mouth to the cheek is.
Speaker 3: Very slope, friend, I mean not really like it keeps things fun and exciting, and it makes it feel like we're still in the early stages of dating.
Speaker 2: That's one of the worst parts of dating.
Speaker 3: For you.
Speaker 4: But I don't know. But then you go to like ten years deep into a relationship and you barely talk to each other experience, right, you wish to have more things to talk about.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I'm over ten years in and.
Speaker 4: Like exactly, you've just proved my all right.
Speaker 2: I think Chris is going to be just bummed. That's a bummer.
Speaker 4: Well we can. We don't need to guess, because we do have Chris waiting on the other line, listening in on this conversation, wanting to talk to you. Lisa.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he has heard all of that.
Speaker 4: Unless he hung up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Lisa, Oh no he didn't. He's still in I don't even understand what what went on you? You did this almost like a joke to have your boyfriend watched me on a date with you.
Speaker 3: It's not a joke. We just like watch each other go on first dates with other people.
Speaker 5: For your time with you, I make I mean what you said to you is you're a casure up for something casual. Well, it sounds like you're also in something that's beyond casual, but you want something to catch I'm I'm perplexed. I don't understand. It feels very rude, and I feel like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Chris, So after all the first dates I've had and like we do this like once or twice a month, like you were one of my favorites and it's so and my boyfriend I might want to use one of my golden tickets on you this year.
Speaker 5: What okay?
Speaker 3: So like a golden ticket is a second date with someone, and I haven't used mine yet this year, and I'm thinking of using it on you.
Speaker 4: Oh this is great, Brook take notes.
Speaker 5: For your But we have an actual, a real connection, and I'm finding out it's just like a game no.
Speaker 3: No, no, Like obviously we had a good time together, like or otherwise you wouldn't have called this radio station.
Speaker 4: So I just got you there.
Speaker 5: We could go.
Speaker 3: Out again, and I can't let you can see on the cheek again, but you know my boyfriend will be watching. That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Where was he city? Did I interact with your boyfriend.
Speaker 4: If he was in the drive through. I'm going to die.
Speaker 3: I don't want to ruin it because, like he might be in the same spot when we go on another date, so you know, I want to let them be inconspicuous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does it ruined for you that he knows now that the boyfriend's going to be in the vicinity? Isn't that part of the facade?
Speaker 3: I mean kind of, But like I would still use my Goalden ticket on you, Chris, And like, again, my boyfriend hasn't like officially agreed, but like I will extend that.
Speaker 1: What if you end up liking Chris more than your boyfriend, That's not gonna.
Speaker 5: Happen, Nobody. You all know that I'm still here.
Speaker 3: Right, No, we know.
Speaker 4: I just want to I want to get more details about how this whole relationship thing works.
Speaker 2: It is literally taking notes for some reason. I don't really get it.
Speaker 4: I mean not to be too progressive here, but it's kind of archaic to think that just because a woman is in a relationship, that means she can't hang out with a man ever again or meet a new guy.
Speaker 2: Right, Brooke, No, I don't agree with you on this one.
Speaker 4: You think that women should be locked down once they're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: I think every relationship can have different boundaries, and that's fine that those are the boundaries that she has with her boyfriend. What I don't think is fine is that you're lying to other people and like using people like Chris along the way.
Speaker 2: That's the part that sucks.
Speaker 4: That's fair. But now all the boundaries have been set out, she said exactly how it works, and Chris, you're in the.
Speaker 2: Loop in the inner circle.
Speaker 4: It's actually the inner triangle broke because it's a three person thing.
Speaker 1: Unless her boyfriend's on a double date while watching her date that it would be a square.
Speaker 4: Or really far away erectangle.
Speaker 5: Wait have you done this before?
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: No, No, we're just storm in here. But we just took geometry, So Lisa, it sounds like you've already told us that you're willing to use your golden ticket on Chris. Is that? Am I right about that? Yes, Chris, Lisa's in and so is her boyfriend secretly in the corner. Are you still down?
Speaker 2: He's got to be listening to this.
Speaker 5: I do not want to go out on dates with somebody who needs approval from their boyfriend through what a golden ticket. Yeah, no, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's such a normal sentence to say that.
Speaker 4: Chris, are you her?
Speaker 3: Because like, if it works out, we could go and watch his seat the next week.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I never want to do that.
Speaker 4: No, you two could be hiding in the ball pit while they're inside the McDonald sharing a Mcchristmas. It's going so well. You just remember no kissing, brooking Jeffrey in the morning. It's funny that Chris's biggest turn on was when she said no to his kiss, But her biggest turn on was her boyfriend watching her say no to his kiss. Oh the irony.
Speaker 2: There, it's chicken tender scene.
Speaker 1: It's just still strange to me that that is part of the arousal situation.
Speaker 4: Now you know what you're getting into when you go to Popeyes. I mean, I guess if you know you're not hooking up with anyone, you got nothing to lose. She's just having a good time, like she doesn't care.
Speaker 2: Da free Popeyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, answerthing to talk about later with her boyfriend. Like when you did that thing, I thought that was so funny, so sexy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. People's turn ons are just evolving as the world changes and I don't know if it's a good thing or not.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure either Brook.
Speaker 4: Does Michael want to watch you and me get some red lobster? Maybe this weekend. I'll pretend to not see him in the corner. If he's into that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go no. But you can sit and watch us if you want.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's not very fun for me. Your husband's like, who's that weird guy choking on auber biscuit over there? I don't know. Might reinvigorate your marriage because it sounds like it definitely worked for Lisa Lost Opportunity.
Speaker 2: I'll keep that in my back pocket.
Speaker 4: Things go sound good for you, and make sure you keep us in your back pocket. If you ever need help with your dating life, you can email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back, and also keep our podcast in your back pocket too. Really well, it sure does find us a broken Jeffrey Like subscribing comment