Speaker 1: As media.
Speaker 2: All right, Terrorform, the series we're doing of amazing dope folks doing dope stuff. We got a pod crossover today. I reached out to me from a show called Woke af and I really was like, all right, let me see if she means the actual meaning of woke or.
Speaker 3: Some sort of gentrifieder.
Speaker 2: So I listened to a few episodes and was like, oh no, Danielle ain't playing this is the correct meaning of what. So we did this crossover episode. This is part of the Terrorform series of people actually putting out dope stuff.
Speaker 3: She's not playing around. She has.
Speaker 2: In a lot of ways the same desires we do with the politics. So we essentially interviewed each other and are bringing our audiences.
Speaker 3: To each other.
Speaker 2: So this is a crossover episode. It's in their feed too for wo KF Daily.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, I forgot.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to be doing this all year, but I just wasn't consistent about the look. It's like this episode where I try to keep up with what's happening currently, even though the podcast recordings are kind of banked. So bringing this part back, my bad. What looks like this cue to music.
Speaker 4: Bull look is like this bull look is like this bull look is like this bulliek is like this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this week, y'all, it's so much happened, and it's happening. Let's do the messy stuff. I can't believe CNN was being so messy. CNN out here looking like the shade room. They got the video of p Diddy whooping homegirl tale Like, Okay, I'm joking about the fact that it's on CNN.
Speaker 3: What happened is not a joke.
Speaker 2: If we talked about this when the year started, right that Diddy, y'all, Houston been raided, right his ex girl brought allegations against him for abuse, you know, sexual is It's like his sexual prowess has became a meme. Like now it's no Diddy rather than Sam pause, which is quite homophobic.
Speaker 3: Point is he done so? Right now?
Speaker 2: He was denying all the stuff categorically false, and then apparently he had paid fifty k to this hotel to make sure that this video don't come out.
Speaker 3: Video come out.
Speaker 2: This man in his towel doing diabolical nasty work. She trying to lead, She's basically she's trying to leave this hotel room she's at the elevator. This man with the towel wrapped around his waist grabs her by the head and throws her down, kicks her while she's down. I like, I won't add any extra commentary to it, because it's obvious what's going on here. Video comes out, He goes on his TikTok on some like y'all, darkest moment in my life, the wrongest thing I've ever done. I make no excuse. I was in a dark place. I've since gone to therapy. I'm trying to be a better man. It doesn't excuse it.
Speaker 3: I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I take full responsibility, and think whatever you want about that, we shall soon see. I just I can't imagine ever being mad at anyone that much love, let alone a female at all. Now, maybe there's parts of you know, misogyny or patriarchy that I still carry. I just can't imagine any scenario where I will ever put my hands on a girl. There are times, like I would say, short of hurting my children, I would stop you from hurting my children. But like, but this right here is is out of here. You can't out of here?
Speaker 3: All right. I'll do some commentary on this later in a full episode.
Speaker 2: Next, Marjorie Taylor Green messed around and found out you done popped off at you got the right one. This time you popped off at the wrong system.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: So, Marjorie Taylor Green was popping off in one of the Senate hearings, just mouthing off, mouthing off, and then she made a comment about Congresswoman Jasmine Why am I blanking on that? Oh Jasmine Crockett. So she popped off in her AOC jumped in as black and Brown unity is supposed to be to be like, yo, you super out of pocket talking about homegirls eyelashes. How dare you come at somebody's like physical appearance when we're trying to be professional here. So eventually when it's when it's Jasmine's turn, she was like, hey, look, I just want to make it clear, like is it okay Like if I were to say, uh, bleach Bond, bad built, butch body, is that okay to say into the in this in the halls of Congress.
Speaker 3: Just listen.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand, we've been clapping back since we were children, Like we know how to There's nothing you can say to us. Black people know how to clap back at all time. We were trained in the asylum that is our families. You do not understand how good we are at clapping back. That's what we do. Don't try to pop off. Listen, you gonna You're gonna get cooked. That's what we do. Jasmine cook that girl, she said, I got time today. Next, what you need to think about and know about is the International Court of Justice is ready to put out a warrant for arrest for Benjamin Thatt and Yahoo and one of the other cabinet members, basically saying you have committed crimes against humanity. You have committed war crimes by using starvation as a war tactic.
Speaker 3: Now listen very carefully.
Speaker 2: That is not an accusation of genocide, because genocide, like we say said in the you wasn't outside, but South Africa was episode. Genocide has a very specific definition that has to do with intent. You're listening and that claim or or even if it was an active genocide that would be towards the state, you would be bringing that claim against the State of Israel. This particular thing is an arrest for the person of Nets and Yahoo.
Speaker 3: You have committed these.
Speaker 2: Now there are other cabinet members right now that's like yo, which we're gonna do a whole episode on that's like, look, if you don't change, if you don't change your ways, I'm stepping down. You have no exit strategy for this, you have no there's no plan for after the bomb stopped, Like, what are you gonna do? How are you gonna rebuild? You have nothing. You have no plans for this, bbe. This is just all destruction. You're all gas, no breaks, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Bro? This is absurd.
Speaker 2: So there's like a split even among the Israeli government that like everybody don't agree, which should for some of us feel good to hear that they not united as a government in what they're doing. Give us some little bit of hope that, like, everybody ain't crazy over there, which we should have.
Speaker 3: Known, because it's just like America, everybody ain't crazy. We all wouldn't.
Speaker 2: We all wouldn't for everything we've done right, And it's just good to know that every nation is like that. Everybody ain't nobody really be on one accord out this mud. Also, the president and Foreign Minister of Iran died in a helicopter crash. Bro, this is big. Now, he is not the Supreme Leader. That's the Ayatola. Now that man is still alive, right, and again Iran is ran by the Islamic Republic, which now listen, just I said this before, just because it's called.
Speaker 3: Islamic, don't mean that it is.
Speaker 2: You could call you name something whatever you want to name it, right, but this is a remarkably repressive regime, like, let's.
Speaker 3: Not forget that.
Speaker 2: And this man that just passed away they used to call him to he was he was a government lawyer right for years. He was really next in line to possibly be the Supreme leader. Was known for his viciousness, like Bruh bro was putting fools to death all the time.
Speaker 3: And then Bruh was a very very very very.
Speaker 2: Integral in sisterhood that died over the job from the morality police that the Irani government has, like he played a big role in that. So whether there's love loss about this man particularly, I'm not Iranian. I don't talk out my neck about stuff. I don't know, but I will say that this is going to have huge international like huge, huge international implications. Hamas jumped out and was just like, look, dude, y'all were sorry to hear man recipes to a real one. Because again, remember Iran is the bread for Hamas and has.
Speaker 3: Beloved and Lebanon, like we all know these things.
Speaker 2: So like this dude is like particularly a shot caller and he's one of the or he's the highest elected.
Speaker 3: Official in Iran.
Speaker 2: Like not again, nobody, because this is a cleric ran government in country. You not the full head honcho. The full head honcho is the ayatola, right, this brother is not.
Speaker 3: But he was next in line.
Speaker 2: His helicopter went down like Kobe's did in the fall twelve other people. There's like zero survivors, big dog zero wild and lastly, were watching the conclusion of Trump's Push money trial. Now the question is Trump gonna get on the stand?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Anybody who understands the law at all would be like, that would be.
Speaker 3: The dumbest thing you could possibly do.
Speaker 2: Now, Have you and I have any experience with Donald Trump? And whether something is dumb or not don't really matter at all. Has that man not got away with some of the most outlandish, gravity defying things? Absolutely, So who knows what they're gonna do. I just know that Michael Cohen stuff is done. The defense's job was to make sure that this man seems like a slide ball. The prosecution was like, we know he's a sliine ball. That's why he was able to work for Trump. We know you're liar. He was like, yeah, I lied for this man all the dog on time. So we're gonna see how that plays out. Who knows how long they're gonna deliberate, but it's concluding this this week and let's see what's up, and that's this week's messiness.
Speaker 4: Bully gets like.
Speaker 3: Bulle is like this.
Speaker 5: Folks super excited to be doing a crossover episode with a fellow iHeart podcaster, a fellow politico, Jason Petty aka Propaganda, who is the host of Hood Politics. I love what you say under the description of the show, which is basically like, you know, if you've ever been in a gang, if you've ever like been in the street, if you know anything about that, then you know politics. And I think that that for me, I was just like, oh, how opening is that? Like yea, you because the way that politics is discussed has always been this very narrow you need to have a degree, you need to have this like all of this kind of bullshit, and what you're offering is like, no politics is for all of us, for every for every one of us. So talk to me, I guess about how your show got started and why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, then first of all, thank you for reaching out and making this happen. Yeah, Like, whether it's like you were in a gang or you ran from them, you know, the interactions, the ways for which you had to learn to navigate just to survive the world that we're in is like like you said, like we're made to feel like we don't know what we're talking about. And the more that I became more formally educated, the more I was like, man, a lot of this, Like I know a lot of this already, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know these words or these terms, you know, right. And then when I before I was doing like music and podcasts and stuff, like before I was doing that full time, I was teaching high school, I was teaching at juvenile halls. And so if you're teaching a juvie like I mean, if anything, it's like I'm just trying to figure out how to keep y'all engaged, you know. And so as I was finding I was like, man, there's I'm pulling for my own past. I'm pulling from experiences they had, and I'm like, dude, it's like it's really like we really know this no more than we think we do, you know. And and I think ultimately, like you said, like, I'm super passionate about the fact that like politics, that maybe the name of it, but they're discussing our lives like you're you're You're discussing things that in a lot of ways don't even affect them, it affects us. So and then with the like Mama and Auntie and them would say the unmitigated gal to act like I am not, I'm like, I don't, I'm not worthy to be in this conversation because I ain't got the vocabulary you got, Like I'm like, this is absurd. You're discussing my life, you know. So so I feel like the more that like what I wanted to do was come in and really like like translate that for us, you know what I mean? And you know what I mean when I say us, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm trying to translate that to and and hopefully to like I want to onboard you, Like I'm like, why why shouldn't Pooky and them run for city council.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you actually you know the streets better than the rest of us, you know what I'm saying. Like we talk a lot about like like I explained the difference between like real political power and like astro turfing. You know, I already know, like you know, your uncle, your auntie and them could send out a text be like, Hey, we're gonna be at the park on Saturday. You got fifty people there. Like that's real power, you know what I mean. So I'm like, I just I wanted people to like to participate in something that has much more to do about their lives than than they think it, do you know, and that you're actually well, way more equipped than you think you are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that that's right.
Speaker 5: And I also think that the narrative around politics has been set up in a way to make people feel like no, no, no, you go ahead and vote in these these presentatives, right who who know more, who are who are smarter than you, who will figure things out so that you don't have to bother yourself with them or educate yourself in any type of way. I actually put up a post on broke ass Twitter, uh recently because I said that. You know, I I was a fellow on Capitol Hill. I worked for a member of Congress. That's how I got like first started in in politics. Yeah, like that's how I first got started. And this is one hundred years ago. And I had such reverence for Capitol Hill. I had such reverence for these members of Congress. And now you look at these people and they are absurdly.
Speaker 6: Like clowns, like it is.
Speaker 5: It's it's a travesty, right like how how how ignorant they are and how much they are celebrating you know that ignorance, and so it for me, it's like, no, if we were to rename politics, it would be like called you know, your daily life, right like right like if you were to if you were to say, like, it's not politics, it's your da.
Speaker 6: You are voting on what your day to day.
Speaker 3: Life, your day to day life.
Speaker 6: And when it's your day to day life, when you.
Speaker 2: See these dudes, like when you see them up close, you're just like, oh, nigga, you're twelve, you're and you're just trying to get put on. So you're saying whatever you need to say.
Speaker 6: MM.
Speaker 2: So you could stay put on. It's so it's so like you're like, man, that's so true. When you see it up close, and it's like, oh, fam you you didn't. You haven't read any of them.
Speaker 3: You haven't read these briefs. Like you didn't, you didn't read it. Like so I'm like, oh, I'm more informed than you are. Yeah. When you when you when it, when you.
Speaker 2: See it up close, yeah, it's like the facade falls.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's and I think that that's what people and that's why I really like the the onboarding, the opening up that your show is offering, because we need more people, not less, to be involved. And I think that the way that the Republicans their strategy has been, let us just throw a bunch of shit at the wall, let us exhaust as many people as we possibly can.
Speaker 6: Let's overwhelm right, this.
Speaker 5: System with crazy, and then those that would likely be to tap in will tap out because they just don't have the bandwidth for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And so I think that it's I think that it's important one for people to recognize that that's a strategy, the overwhelm, the ignorance that it isn't it isn't just by accident brilliant?
Speaker 2: Do you find that like your show has sort of the same kind of like ethoughts, like you're like the point you're trying to make is that like you're smarter than you think you are.
Speaker 3: Is that is that kind of interesting?
Speaker 2: I listened to a lot of your shows, and it's like, first of all, you're brilliant, Like let me just say that number one, thank.
Speaker 6: You very much brilliant.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And and I love the like you know part to meet with. Listeners can take this however they want. But like the sound of black women being fully black women is like a warm blanket for me. So to just hear you, just to hear you speak naturally, you know what I'm saying, be like broke ass shit, Like I'm like that's I need that. Yeah, I need that like that Like I'm like, huh, I yes, anyway, go on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that for me, WOKF started out the show started out of anger. It was a response to Donald Trump becoming president of the United States. So the show launched in twenty sixteen or twenty seventeen rather And what I will say is that for me, I wanted people to recognize that they have more power than they think, right that this game that these white, old, you know, rich straight men are playing, it is a game about power, and the way that they take power from you is to make you believe you have right. And so my show has always been about raising consciousness.
Speaker 6: Like no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: You see why your school board looks the way it does, it's because you didn't show up to the school board. Meaning, but you know who always shows up, the seventy year old racist white people that live in your neighborhood. They're the ones that are always going to show up because they have time and they are making and they are making the time to do it right. So the reason why certain things look the way they do is because those people they are they are committed to their racism, they are committed to hatred, and they will do and stop at nothing in order to make sure that the system remains the way it is. So for me, it's about raising people's consciousness and saying no, no, no, no, no, yes. The place that we're in is incredibly overwhelming and incredibly dark and incredibly frustrating, But at the end of the day, we have more numbers. We have the numbers. We have the people right, the people just need to wake to wake the fun up.
Speaker 3: Wake up.
Speaker 2: Yeah you I love that you called it well one because like it's before the name was stolen from a.
Speaker 6: Fire, right like it was before if it came like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before they stole it and redefined it, which is another thing that they do, which is another like move of power to like take something that sounds familiar and redefine it and then give it back to us as if we don't know what we talk about, you know. So I love that you like kept the name to be like no, no, no, no, no, you don't you don't get it, you don't. I'm not just gonna I'm not just gonna let you have this like nah, yeah, I think too. Like what I picked up from a lot of a few of your episodes is really and about the example that you gave is the fact that like as broken as the system is, like it, it does work, you know, which is which is why such an effort to disenfranchise us, you know, even if you go back to like reconstruction and like why we were disenfranchised from voting is because when we did do you know what I mean, why are there why are there at least five black neighborhoods under lakes, because because it works, you know, and so so to so to lock us out, to convince us that we don't know what we're talking about, is because why you don't show up at the you know, like you said, the school boards, or why to be like, Okay, let's let's make sure, let's make sure voting polls are only between the hours of ten and four.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Why everybody's it's because it works, like yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and that and that's the thing too, is you know I constantly say on the show every time that we're coming up on an election, and all elections, is that no one tries to steal anything that isn't worth something. So if people are trying to steal your vote aka voter suppression, it is because your vote is valuable.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: If people are trying to throw out your ballots, right, it is because your voice is valuable, right, because nobody tries to steal something that is of no value to them.
Speaker 2: Man, did you guys have did you guys have the the fake ballot boxes around your way?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, I live I live in New York. I'm like I live. I live in Brooklyn. Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So we saw him around Kelly, like I'm in LA, like East La, and we saw him. Obviously it was targeted because this is like a black and brown neighborhood, so you would put you would put them over here. But for me, it was so it was funny, like that is so funny to me. How like it's like you have to look at you looking at somebody like, yo, that's your man's like get your man's like word like this is really is this your king?
Speaker 1: This is what y'all doing?
Speaker 6: Y'all put yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: It was funny to me that, like, how man, it's just like like I know, I know clearly, like consistency doesn't matter to these people or how corny you look. But I'm like that is corny, Like there's there is something about I feel like us people of color in general, like we have a code that we live by, and like part of that code is like what I'm not gonna be is corny.
Speaker 3: Right, that's corny, you know.
Speaker 5: Right because you because you don't have the ability to actually like basically what you're saying is you ain't shit and you actually have to you have to go to these incredible lengths in order to cheat, because if it was just based on merit alone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you you, you would not wish.
Speaker 5: And I feel like if we were to if we and I and I say, like, if folks were to talk about the Republican Party in that way and being like they are just objectively corny as fuck, it's just like they just they don't they don't have the swag, they don't have the ability, they don't have the intellect, they don't have the charisma. What they do have an abundance of is hate and the ability to cheat and cheat and do so unchecked, right in a lot of ways because their whiteness protects them. And so I like to me, I think you know, and I want to talk to you about about twenty twenty four and the black vote and what is what you know I'm hearing and I want to hear like what you're hearing from the people that listen to you. But black people, particularly and I'll say older black people and younger Black people are really frustrated with Joe Biden for a myriad of reasons. And one of them right, like, there was just recently an article in the New York Times and an advertisement that was put out by like a thousand black pastors and churches that are calling for a ceasefire, that are saying, how can you talk about the soul of this nation and fighting for democracy? And this is what our money is going to fund? On top of that, just you know, are you you like, are you once again using us right in a way that we've been used before. We know what the stakes are, right, you don't have to tell us about what happens if Donald Trump becomes president again. Black people live this right like we are. We are very aware and so you know, my my, my question for you.
Speaker 6: Is what are you hearing?
Speaker 5: Because I hear a mix of I'm gonna vote my values, I'm not, I'm you know, I I you know, and they're saying this now and it's it's you know, we're in February, right, We're still nine months away.
Speaker 6: It's still very early.
Speaker 5: But but what are you hearing from folks that are that are that are listened to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm hearing, Like you said, I'm hearing a lot like it's kind of.
Speaker 3: All over the board.
Speaker 2: And what I've noticed is is at least among black people, your socioeconomic status has actually played a bigger deciding factor that I found. Like generally, I have found black people as a community when it comes to our votes in our politics, it's very transactional in the sense that like I don't have to like any of y'all what you're gonna do for us, you know, and if you could show and prove, like if I can honestly say, like my life is better, my children are better, We're not being locked up, like we're not being hunted, you know what I'm saying, Like you doing something about you know, police brutality, doing stuthing about the money doing some of our community.
Speaker 3: And it's like, word whatever, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: At least and you don't sound at least you're not talking racists, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Right, So like at least you're not saying it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So like stuff be super transactional that I found at the same time, Like, so with that said, like I found we're not very like we're centrist, Like we're not very progressive.
Speaker 3: Where it's just like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't talk all that all that because my dad was a black Panther. So like, for me, a lot of times, when I start talking like the hummies, it's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: You know, he on that revolutionary you know what I'm saying. So like there's like that you feel me. And then at the other side, if they are gonna be obviously it's like that it's mask off with the Republicans. So they're like, well, it's mask off with y'all, So like that's like kind of a non starter. But what I found is when you feel like we're not getting back, like we've given the Democratic Party so much and we haven't, we haven't received what you said you was gonna give us. At this point, it's like, well, I mean, at least I know at least I know what it is. With the Republicans, at least I know what it is. And then your default is to become selfish and be like, well, I'm just gonna give mine, like I'm just gonna if you not like I thought it was about us. I thought it was I thought it was. It's not about us, okay, word, and I'm just gonna get mine. At least I know what it is.
Speaker 3: You want? You want?
Speaker 2: You just want money, okay, word me too, you know what I'm saying, right, So, so I found that a lot of times, Like it's like, well, since clearly I don't trust none of y'alls morals anyway, then I'm like, Okay, who gonna get me to the bag faster? It has been what what I have found now to your point as far as age demographic, I feel like Gaza could cost Joe the election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like even with the stuff that, like cause again it was like you was you was talking talking when we started, you know, and yeah, like I was like, at least you like you could say, well, at least he's not FeelA like bomb somebody to the stone age, you know what I mean. And it's like, well, bro, now you're doing that, like right bruh, Like I'm own fam. So yeah, both of us in our you know, uh coastal enclaves obviously, like our lenses are, our lenses are pretty distorted, so like I have to try my best to get out of that. But like what I have found, especially what's crazy, and what I have found is like Trump resonates with like hood dudes like stream.
Speaker 6: Which I just I don't get. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't agree. I don't agree, but I get it.
Speaker 6: What is the what is it?
Speaker 2: Because they recognize that he's a boss, like this is a gangster. They're like, well, you're just I understand this, You're just a gangster. It's like I'm never wrong.
Speaker 5: But there's no code, there's no He throws his own fucking clique under the bus. Do you know what I'm saying? Like there's no honor there.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's like you niggas should have fell in line. Wow, what I'm saying that?
Speaker 2: Like, I get it, Like you supposed to fall in line, Like I told you what we was doing, this was this, This was the system, this what we're doing. You fall in line, you stay loyal.
Speaker 3: We good? You know. But I agree too, cause I'm just like I agree too.
Speaker 2: Like man, well but like but when it comes down to it, you're gonna let all your boys go to prison for you, Like I don't. I don't understand that. But they're like, bro, it's like mob stuff. That's mob stuff. Like you supposed to be able to you supposed to like if we all if we all own, you're supposed to take your team. You're supposed to take your five ten five ten years. I'm gonna put money on your books and make sure you're family good. I'm gonna put that on.
Speaker 3: What he's doing. That's what he's saying.
Speaker 5: Like, so I'm saying like if you are, because I and I cannot pretend to know the ins and outs of anybody's of gang life, of street life, of anything. But what I will say, the little the little snippets that I've seen in her, It's like, whether I agree with it or not, there is a code. There is a code of like you protect you protect your own, like this is this is our this is our click, this is our tribe, this is whomever. Like, yes, if somebody does go away, like we're gonna do our best to make sure that like they're taken care of, you know, and then when that person comes out that we're gonna try and give them what it is that you know, we held on to them or whatever.
Speaker 6: And I'm just like, so just in that vein right, this man is I agree?
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like if you don't, like they're also not I mean it's not like they sitting down and like following all ninety one charges. You know what I'm saying, they just you just know what this dude's putting out, which is like, I'm the boss, Like this is what I do. You know what I mean, and I can and I can get that from I could get it from a cursory standpoint.
Speaker 3: And then and then even among that community.
Speaker 2: There's diversity of thought. There are dudes that are like, nah, like you said, this man got no honor. Like, you know, the more that you see him up close, you like, this man got no honor. You realize all of its cap Like he's not a millionaire. He's not a billionaire. It's not really his money, you know. But that's the type of stuff that I feel like that's where me and you come in when we sit down and say, now, hold on now, like that's right this because I'm because not true, not true. Now you make your own decision, you know what I'm saying at the end of that, But like, but.
Speaker 5: Do it with do it with actual information and not just the things that he's putting out. Let me ask you that with this because we're rapping on time. But let me let me close out with this question for you, which is this, you know, we have nine months until the election, if prop if Trump manages to steal this election, to win this election. I talk about it every day on WOKF that this country our democracy ish, which is which is what it is for black and brown people, for queer people, for anyone who's not white and wealthy, straight and Christian, it's democracy light. But if Trump gets in, do you think that people truly understand what will happen? Do you think that the consequences like that, or that they think that we'll just be able to hang on like we did in the first four years.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I think I come from.
Speaker 2: Like history, social science, like educational background, and when you come from that, it's like I can name off hand ten democracies that collapsed, like it happens all the time. Democracies collapse, you know, and nations collapse and they rebuild.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 2: I find that any predictions are usually off the mark in either direction. Like you know, I feel like it's not like the day after he gets elected the world's going to go up in flames, and it's also not like nothing's going to happen, you know what I'm saying. Like, I think that the slow crawl, which clearly started decades ago into the collapse of the American democracy and it'll become something else later. But you know, the idea of an autocratic you know, dictator, which he is, is like this happens all over the world all the time. You know what I'm saying. It's the death of an empire. It's really we're really watching the slow death of an empire.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't think people really understand what that means and how it looks, and then how long it's gonna take to if we'll ever become an empire again, you know, I don't. I think that people have a much like shorter understanding of history than they than they should, you know, which to me actually gives me a little peace in the sense that like there is such thing as France, like Greece is still a country, you know what I'm saying, Like those were collapsed to democracies, like they've collapsed, you know what I mean. Now, I mean it still exists, you know what I'm saying. So I think in some senses, having a longer view of history, Like I'm like, in the same way that like when the meteor, the asteroid that killed the dinosaur struck, you know, it wiped out life and then Earth was fine.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think that there is there is that like it ultimately will be fine.
Speaker 3: Will we survive it?
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're gonna survive correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but I do think, Yeah, I think that like Trump in the sense again going back to like why like I think hoods does like recognize it is like he's like, I'm gonna do what I said. I'm gonna do, like I told y'all day one, I'm finna black and fools.
Speaker 3: Up like that. I don't understand. I told you that's what I was gonna do. And I was like, yes, he did what he said he was gonna do.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So I think that there's that reality.
Speaker 2: I think also think the reality that people are not accepting is the fact that he might win. That is a high possibility that he is, that he will win this election. Now he's I also get frustrated with the fact that people talk like he like y'all forget he lost twenty twenty, like he didn't. He did lose that, you guys, Yeah he lost like y'all like y'all y'all talking about him like he won like he he lost you know, so so yeah, but yeah, I don't I don't think people understand like the idea of like you could live in a fallen democracy that that is possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have loved this conversation so very much. We will have to do more of these as we count down to the election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to do some like reaction pods where like some g did you see this ship?
Speaker 6: We absolutely will.
Speaker 5: So this is we'll say this is the first installment prop for OOKF and hood politics prop.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, Thank.
Speaker 3: You reach out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I appreciate, appreciate you everything you're doing, the way you're bringing it like this is dog.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, now don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your Boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off, Get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beast Softly. Check out his website Mattowsowski dot com. I'm a spelling for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and Noble Matdowsowski. Still killing the beats softly, So listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.