Speaker 1: Hey, it's your Second Date Update podcast with Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, the home of the Second Date Update, and it's brand new today. One of our listeners says his date had one very odd request shortly after they sat down for dinner.
Speaker 2: I'd love to hear a few degree to it like he did. Let us know in the comments, and I love our comments. We love our comments. Sect Yes, it's my favorite thing to look through. Seriously.
Speaker 3: I saw him from Macy Brown who said introducing me to this show was the best thing TikTok has ever done for me.
Speaker 2: Hey, what a statement. TikTok does a lot for people.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 1: We have so many people who have found us through viral TikTok and surreal.
Speaker 2: So however you got here, We're so happy you're here.
Speaker 1: And remember, if you do want some Second Date Update merch Merch for a Cause is still going on. Proceeds do go to charity Great Charity so you can buy in the show links and show notes.
Speaker 2: Let's get this show started though, right now.
Speaker 5: The Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: There's certain professions out there that are just considered sex.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Like who's not swiping right on a hot firefighter.
Speaker 3: Right, that's me, okay, or something I thought you were going to say no, or down with the hose.
Speaker 5: That's more like that. That's what Alex is doing, but she turned her Michael exactly. Or a hunky doctor, yeah that's the classic. Or a sultry child and family therapist.
Speaker 2: I haven't tell you my problem.
Speaker 5: Tell me how my childhood upbringing turn me bad? Did you just say abandonment issues?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And one of our listeners apparently couldn't resist the lure of a smoke show in a sexy uniform, so let's talk to him about it.
Speaker 5: His name is Nick. Nick. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I am so curious about the profession here.
Speaker 5: It's just like a milkman. Who's this person that she met? And what do they do?
Speaker 4: Her name is Becca and she's a cop.
Speaker 2: Oh, she is a.
Speaker 5: Copy lady.
Speaker 1: Cops are sexy, like you know, their waist always looks so cinched, like.
Speaker 5: It's ready to go at the moment.
Speaker 2: Just a power that they have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, the like license and registration and I'm like five ft ten in single I'm.
Speaker 5: Sure we're all telling you stuff you already know, right, Nick.
Speaker 1: Exactly, did you meet her while getting arrested?
Speaker 4: Or no, we met on the apps?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Okay, okay, if you're a cop, do you share that on the app? Or is that a no?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: That was her picture. Of course, I made a dumb joke. I said, are you a real copper or stripper?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did she like that?
Speaker 4: No? She was like, ha ha, You're only the tenth person to stay that. Yeah, that one's a pretty basic joke.
Speaker 5: So you're already start with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she responded, isn't that just half the battle dating apps?
Speaker 2: How'd you turn it around?
Speaker 4: She did have other pictures on there, and there was a picture of her having a cup of coffee at a cafe, and so I was like, oh, you like coffee.
Speaker 2: I thought for sure you were going to make a donut joke at that.
Speaker 4: I don't think of this opportunity that would have been.
Speaker 5: No, no, you already took a jab your bro. What did you do with the coffee?
Speaker 4: I just was like, oh, yeah, you know, are you a coffee fan? And she basically got super fired up and.
Speaker 6: Was like you know, And then you asked her what's your drink? Right?
Speaker 4: Like, that's what you have to ask I did, and then she started going off about how she had gone recently to her favorite coffee shop and they got her coffee order wrong and she wasn't mad about it, but she was just mentioning. And I was like, Oh, I'll put a bad Yelp review on their site for you.
Speaker 2: And this is a cute connection.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is all the chat leading.
Speaker 4: Up to the date, all the chat leading up to the date. And so I recovered and I was like, well, let's hang out, let's go out to dinner.
Speaker 2: How was that? Where'd you guys? I mean, was it fancy or was it more casual?
Speaker 5: A coffee?
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't coffee, it was I would say it was you know, Mitt, I didn't want to go like divy, but I also didn't want to go like high pressure, super expensive. So it's to a place that felt comfortable. Great conversation. We talked a little bit about her working in law enforcement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is it like to go on a date with a real cop?
Speaker 4: Uh? You know, she didn't come into uniform. It was pretty chill.
Speaker 2: Uh didn't come Did you expect her any point?
Speaker 4: Though? I don't know. I know some people get off of work and then they had just come directly. No, I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 6: I guess okay, it would feel like a very powerful move though, to sit in a booth right next to a cop.
Speaker 1: And I would think that somebody was with their parole officer.
Speaker 6: Even then you cough as a bad boy at that point to everybody in the restaurant.
Speaker 7: So was she cool though, because like, you're on a date with a cop, I would be nervous.
Speaker 5: Did you only have one drink?
Speaker 2: Can you mention are expiring you and get you?
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: How does it go on my mind? I was like, I can't tell any stories about my bad boy early days, all that sort of stuff. But there was one point, you know, we didn't really stick to her working law enforcement too long, but there was one point where she was like, hey, do you mind if we could switch seats so I can like face the door.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah. People liked it.
Speaker 1: Are in law enforce, like they always want to seize in case they can never be caught by surprise, that's what happens in the movies.
Speaker 6: No smart though, or it's a good excuse for her to be like when I need to escape from this stage, I know exactly where I.
Speaker 5: Need to run down. I mean either way, Yeah, so did you switch?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was down with making that happen. So we did. You know, she's a really smart person. We had really good conversation about lots of topics. I don't know why at this point she's not texting me back.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: End and I ended with like a really nice hug, Let's do this again. I didn't go into the kiss because it didn't feel like we were quite there, but there was definitely some heemish. And when I said let's do this again, there was no hesitation, No let me think about it, let me look at my schedule, none of that stuff. I can tell. The brush off and like an actual let's do this again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should have asked if you could hit the siren in her cop car and driven around the block real quick.
Speaker 2: Because one's ever no one's ever asked that before. I mean, who knows.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's on an undercover mission and that's why she hasn't gotten back to you because she's not allowed.
Speaker 6: So wait, nick, question, is she the one who suggested that you go have dinner at that particular restaurant?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, and she had to watch the door, Jett.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I throw a couple of options when we were chatting, and she selected that one.
Speaker 6: Oh was it in like a really shady part of town for no reason whatsoever?
Speaker 2: A really nice part of town.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a white collar crime like embezzlement or something.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, we might actually help solve the crime by doing this second data.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know how most when you get them on the phone, they tell you everything.
Speaker 5: They're like an open book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those cops. Yeah, I don't know, I've ever had that long of a conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, this is going to be a first in a lot of different ways. For usually they don't.
Speaker 2: Run a background check on the show. Oh yeah, with the cops, I've never gotten.
Speaker 5: Out of a ticket.
Speaker 6: This is going to be interesting when we come back, call Becca and get you your second date update. Right after this second date update. Normally our show is getting cops called on us. Yeah that's but today we're the ones calling up a cop that's right, not to report an emergency, but to get answers for our friend Nick, who went out with a law enforcement officer named Becca the other night.
Speaker 7: So we just tell nine one one and ask Rebecca.
Speaker 2: I think that's how it works.
Speaker 4: We act.
Speaker 6: We actually have Beca's cell phone numbers, so it's probably easier to do that. The thing is, Nick's not getting a call back after their romantic dinner. Is there a reason for it? Or was the whole dinner affront for a sting operation that she was running to bring down an Italian mob boss.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, that sounds like he's making a joke.
Speaker 1: But she sat facing the door, she picked the restaurant, and now she's not calling him back as.
Speaker 6: Nick, did you realize when you reached out to us for help that this is where the call was going to go.
Speaker 4: I like your imagination. I don't know if that's the case. I just she's cute, she's smart, she's a great woman.
Speaker 5: At least that's what she wants you to think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sounds that she has a hitout on her. Her back was facing she knows that there's a hit man out there.
Speaker 5: Looking for it.
Speaker 6: It's possible, or maybe there's a simple reason and you messed up in some way.
Speaker 5: Let's figure it out. I'm going to dial her number.
Speaker 2: Well, they're gonna be great options.
Speaker 5: We are here for the tea, so let's do it. I'm dialing it right now.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hi, we're looking to speak with Becca.
Speaker 8: Speaking.
Speaker 5: Hey, Becca, how you doing out your officer.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly kind of nervous.
Speaker 6: I don't know if we should really mention that it was a little late. We're brooking Jeffery in the morning, and you probably heard my co host say officer Becca because we heard that you're a cop. And I just want to ask you upfront, is it okay for us to mention your profession.
Speaker 5: On the radio.
Speaker 8: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 5: We're allowed to say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, she put it on her dating profile, he said, put.
Speaker 5: On the radio. I mean that's a different thing, you know, a.
Speaker 1: Worse lazier than a dating Definitely, people probably see your profile.
Speaker 6: Bottom line is we wanted to talk to you about a date you went on recently with a guy named Nick. A.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that sign.
Speaker 5: Was not good.
Speaker 6: So Nick reached out to us because he said he really enjoyed spending time with you that night, and he's curious if there's a reason why you're not calling him back and arranging a second meet up.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'd say he's clueless, like he really expected to see you again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so obviously I work in law enforcement. I've been on the forest for some time now, so I'm gonna always look up who I'm going on a date with or who I'm spending time with.
Speaker 2: Don't you wish you had that type of access, Alex, I know I only have my reverse Google image search.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, but like, I did this on my own time. I don't use like police scanners.
Speaker 4: I hired someone myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're just doing your own normal just you're probably better at it than us.
Speaker 5: You got more resources than the average person.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I found some things that I thought he would be more forthcoming with, and when he wasn't, I it turned me off. I have no more interest.
Speaker 2: Are you saying he lied to you on the date?
Speaker 8: He did kind of abstain from the truth. He wasn't forthcoming with information, which I feel is a lie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you're dating a cop.
Speaker 7: You have to be honest, especially if it's about well, what can I ask was it like a criminal thing?
Speaker 5: Right? That's the only thing you looked.
Speaker 7: Up, right.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it's appropriate for the radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, wanted if it's like a record that is supposed to be private, then don't share it.
Speaker 2: But if it's something we get any of us could find on the internet, spill away.
Speaker 5: We honestly don't have standards.
Speaker 6: The part, the thing that you don't you might not realize, beca is that part of being on this segment is the person agrees to hear whatever the reason is, no matter how embarrassing or strange it might be.
Speaker 8: I mean, if he agreed to that, then yeah, I'll share it. He was married a year ago to a Russian woman and she filed for divorce about a month ago. Yeah, that's a huge part of his life. And to just withhold that information.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of first date to bring up thoughts on that, like, how do you even start?
Speaker 2: So listen, I had this Russian wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that you were expecting him to bring that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think I was expecting him to tell me if he was separated. Being separated is a lot different from divorce.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not official yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like he could withhold a lot of information if he's not forthcoming about the truth.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I kind of am with her on that, Like, if it's divorced and final and you're done with it. But if you're in the middle of a separation.
Speaker 6: And I think you can list it on your dating profile, like specifically your status single divorce, separating that what you look for mostly.
Speaker 5: Is the most traumatized would be.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, but like, did you even talk about relationships at all on the date?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I hinted about it and I shared about a little bit, you know, just keeping respectful details private. But yeah, he said he didn't want to talk about it, and it seemed like he was evading the truth instead of just a private person.
Speaker 6: Okay, warning you know, Becca, I think the person who's actually going to find all of this the most interesting is actually Nick himself, who is listening on the other line, has tapped into our phone somehow.
Speaker 5: We did consent to it. Now, so he is there wanting to talk to you. Wow, come on, guys, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean, you wanted the truth out of him. Now's the chance?
Speaker 5: NICKI there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here. So what's up? Becca? You go on dates with people and you look up their history before you do.
Speaker 8: So, yes, Nick, I'm a cop.
Speaker 4: I think yeah, right, Well, we were going to a public place, and I feel like that's kind of using your cop resources to look up my history was Excuse me.
Speaker 8: I didn't use police resources. I use my own personal resources. And I just think it's really weird you wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not telling you if that's true or not. I mean you could have looked that up on some strange site that has false information.
Speaker 2: Is okay.
Speaker 1: I'm actually going to back up on this because I have a friend who's fiance looked her up when they were dating and he got all the information wrong.
Speaker 4: It's true, you probably have the wrong guy.
Speaker 7: Nick is a common name.
Speaker 6: Is that a possibility that maybe it's a different Nick and you mix them up?
Speaker 8: It's one hundred percent Nick.
Speaker 5: Really, how do you know that?
Speaker 4: Because I'm a cop.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm going to text you your marriage certificate right now.
Speaker 5: No, no, wait, you can do that.
Speaker 2: You got the marriage certificate public record?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, oh wow, you can. Look. I know.
Speaker 8: It's absolutely public record. And I just texted you a photo of it.
Speaker 4: And there's your wife's name.
Speaker 5: Do you have a text?
Speaker 2: Nick?
Speaker 4: Look, here's the deal. I wait a minute, it was a mistake, it was a short term thing. Yes, I was married. Yes, I'm getting a divorce. It's going to be done very soon.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, you should have just said that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, back at the start.
Speaker 6: Should have been the first thing you said to her when you greeted her, inside of the rest of.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If he would have told you that, you would have been okay with it.
Speaker 8: Really, I mean, honestly, it's the best policy.
Speaker 4: We all have a past. Wow, come on, what else do you know about me? Do you look at my record from what college?
Speaker 2: Wait, you're still the one defensive. You just got outed as a liar.
Speaker 5: I'm curious what you did in college.
Speaker 4: That sounds kind of funny, a stupid frank with the cow. But that's not even the point.
Speaker 5: It's not her fault, now, okay, well.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's her fault. I'm saying it's my past.
Speaker 5: Relevant defense.
Speaker 6: This is kind of embarrassing information to open up with, not to mention, like on the radio, but especially on a first date with someone you're trying to impress.
Speaker 2: He's the one that chose to do the radio part. Well, I know, I'm just saying this is a lot sweet.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to defend a guy who's in a weird spot here. So Becca, he has admitted that you were right, and he's ready to move on hopefully with you.
Speaker 5: Would you be willing to give him a chance?
Speaker 8: I'm not interested. Guys, it's just a no brainer for me. You gotta be honest.
Speaker 4: I wasn't dishonest. I am separated. I'm getting a divorce.
Speaker 2: It's just too late you started with it. Probably wasn't me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know she was such a good copy.
Speaker 6: Her interrogation skills their next level, dude, So maybe like a different professional uniform, like a coast guard, they won't look up your past about just be honest.
Speaker 2: On the next day, Why different.
Speaker 5: Moment Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Why do our listeners love it so much when people get busted in a lie?
Speaker 5: On our second day?
Speaker 6: Calls literally text into seven eighty five nine to two says I knew that guy was a liar the moment I heard him. I think I went out with him two months ago before he was separating. Who knows if that's true, But we could ask a certain officer that we know to go and investigate that particular text.
Speaker 1: We're friends now with the I don't know that it's worth her time or our time. Yeah, let that one lie he needs to work out his own mess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If anything, we call her asked for help, she'll probably run our names and one of us will get arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a surprised that we're all sitting here without handcuffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, we all away good pair of handcuffs around our That's.
Speaker 6: Not what I think you going to someone else conversation anyway. Unfortunately that call turned out to not end in a second date. We can't win them all, but we can always try. If you email the show and we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you find your podcast on Apple, Spotify, even on YouTube.
Speaker 5: A Broken Jeffrey
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning