Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty arm Strong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Eddy. I can't believe it. It is the most puzzling, wonderful, rewarding thing I think we've seen in baseball in many, many years.
Speaker 1: He is the talk of.
Speaker 2: The baseball world in English and Spanish and any other language that's close at hand.
Speaker 3: Fernando Valenzuela, Fernando Valenzuela, the Dodgers, and the Dodgers are back in the World Series, so there'll be a lot of nostalgia for that amazing picture from back in the day.
Speaker 1: Who died at the age of sixty three? What do you die of? That's not very old.
Speaker 4: I don't actually know. I hadn't dug into it AnyWho. I was not part of his medical team.
Speaker 5: He was unhittable for like a couple of seasons there, just absolutely unhittable, right, And he was kind of a pudgy, unassuming looking, uh Mexican guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, and just filthy stuff though, as we say in the baseball world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and good times and really credited with I didn't realize this, but that it really opened up the whole Spanish player thing and players from other countries coming over. It really, you know, brought us to the baseball we got today where a lot of the best players don't speak English and are for some from some other country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I don't love exactly, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: It's a global sport.
Speaker 5: Fernando, by the way, I heard this on NPR today, could speak English. He just didn't want to, so he was did did everything through an interpreter, right, he did everything to an interpreter.
Speaker 1: He just didn't want to talk to people.
Speaker 5: I don't blame him. I don't blame the media. He didn't want to talk to the media, right. AnyWho, Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: Fernando.
Speaker 4: What were you thinking as you face Jones in the fourth inning?
Speaker 1: No, come friend?
Speaker 5: What do you think I was thinking? I was thinking, I want to get the frigging guy out.
Speaker 1: What a stupid question.
Speaker 5: Are you disappointed in the way the season ended? Yeah, we lost, of course, I am what them thrilled. I was hoping we'd have a crappy season. Shut up, No, come friendly, that's easier. Uh, that's funny. So we're thirteen days out and things are getting super ugly. I guess behind the scenes. According to a couple of different journalists, I read the pressure. I was just reading this, the pressure on news outlets to not do anything that could possibly help Trump is a fever pitch wow, which you know, I do not doubt that for a second. What sort of pressure can you describe the sort of pressure you think their feeling, because I'm picturing everything from in the pickup line for their kids that they're very expensive private schools, to their social circles, you know, I'm getting in their newsrooms. I'm guessing that a lot of it is professional and personal that what you just described there. It's just all your friends agree with your politics and will give you so much crap if you do anything that's within one hundred miles of balanced coverage of the election.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 4: And you have to remember, as our fellow cynics, I think a lot of you are, that a lot of these people buy the most overheated of their own rhetoric. And so if I were to do a story critical of Kamala, I would be ushering in the new Hitler, Who's going to end our democracy? You know, getting him a foot closer to the White House and that's unforgivable from their fevered point of view.
Speaker 5: We got such a good example for you here. So I mentioned yesterday, I came in, I said, good gud. I watched the ABC Evening News last night, and it is as if the newscast because everybody's doing the first segment pretty much on the election. Although last night they did a first segment on McDonald's quarter pounders, which is one of my favorite topics making people sick across the country, including killing a person apparently.
Speaker 1: Not in the usual way, just the coli apparently.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not in a slow you get obese and lethargic way, but it's got.
Speaker 1: A coasease, etc. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so I was watching the ABC Evening News and I was like, are you kidding me? This is ridiculous. I mean, you got to at least pretend. Well, here's an example. This is from Monday night, because it was a big news weekend with all kinds of different stuff happened to the both campaigns. Here's Nora O'Donnell's opening to the CBS Evening News. See if you feel like she's leaning one way or the other.
Speaker 6: Selection day is just over two weeks away, and the fight for every single last undecided vote in battleground states is intensifying. Vice President Kamala Harris's targeting disaffected Republican voters by hitting the trail with Liz Cheney in the crucial blue wall states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Cheney was a powerful Republican congressman, and today she called Harris a responsible adult. As for former President Donald Trump, he was back in North Carolina again pushing false claims about FEMA and immigrants, as after he spent the weekends slinging a crude insult at Harris, engaging in lewd locker room talk about the late golfing legend Arnold Palmer, and staging a campaign stunt at a Pennsylvania McDonald's.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I was expecting it to be too much, but that is crazy. That is crazy, staging a photo op and a closed McDonald's, putting all of the editorial opinion in your little blurb about what was a very successful, by the way, very typical sort of campaign. Stop a question for you that had been a press release from the DNC. Howd it have differed? It wouldn't at all. So Kamala Harris's campaigning with Republicans who call her a great leader, evil Trump is going around lying and doing phony photo ops.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about Arnold Palmers crank how there?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: You know what's interesting, Jack's I watched NBC News that same night and it was virtually word for word the same in tone and structure, So again to the point that they're under tremendous pressure to not do anything that would help Trump in any way.
Speaker 1: So does Liz Cheney's lost her mind?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Way, I want to talk about that topic too, But so does Nora o'donald know what she just did? I mean, are they I've been wondering this for a long time, as you know, like the debate when she was on there with uh, what's her name? The other one from facin Nation, the two CBS people, It's like, do they know what they're doing? Are they so so in the bubble of people that agree with them, doesn't even feel like they're being biased?
Speaker 1: That's what I think it's the I think it's the second one. Yeah, I think it is too.
Speaker 5: I think Norah O'Donnell feels like, no, I'm doing fair coverage of what happened over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Trump's evil and Kamala is great. So what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're either completely committed to that and yeah, I can't decide.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going back and forth, because I was gonna say they're both the both she and Kristen.
Speaker 4: Welker are bright enough to understand how they're coming off. But then I started thinking, well, maybe they don't care that they're coming off that way because everybody they value, everybody whose opinion they value in their lives, agrees with that point of view. So I don't know how deliberate and how unconscious it is, honestly, but it is absolutely egregious.
Speaker 5: That was I would have had to sit down for a half an hour and really put some work into it to do as good a job of campaigning for Kamala Harris as that opening forty five seconds was on the CBS Evening News. Let's make her sound bipartisan, have a good quote from a Republican about what a great leader she will be, and then point out and exaggerate any awful thing that Trump did taking a completely normal photo op and making it seem negative somehow.
Speaker 1: Right, Wow, Well, there we have it there. It is so.
Speaker 5: And I also always think, I think you know, half the country is or more is going to vote for Trump. They hate when you do that, they hate it a lot. It makes them more likely to vote for Trump. Not less you think you're convincing people. You are convincing them to vote for Trump because it's so clear that the mainstream media is in the bag for Kamala Well and this guy.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to get post Trump and get back to just defending conservative values and policies. I think anything that beclowns the mainstream media and points out their egregious biases is probably a good thing. They've They've rendered themselves ridiculous, yead, I'd say so.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Kamala Harris did an interview yesterday. She didn't do hardly any campaign stuff because she had a couple of interviews. It's interesting if she ever did no appearances of any sort. When she has an interview, she does not campaign even two weeks out. Is it that taxing or she has to be that focused to try to get through an interview without a complete mess up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But anyway, she sat down with NBC and here's a little bit of that.
Speaker 9: It's a judgment question. That's why I ask, can the American people trust you in these moments? Even when it's maybe uncomfortable. It sounds like what you're saying is you feel like you never saw anything like that from President Bilin.
Speaker 5: I got to set that up or nobody will have any idea what they're talking about because we left out what they're set up is there? So is it Hayley Jackson, Yeah, yeah, she was asking Kamala Harris about Biden's mental state and did you ever see it? And you've stood up for his mental state even though seventy five percent of Americans believe he shouldn't be president, and he embarrassed himself in the debate, So what gives?
Speaker 1: How can people trust you? It's a judgment question.
Speaker 9: That's why I ask, can the American people trust you in these moments? Even when it's maybe uncomfortable. It sounds like what you're saying is you feel like you never saw anything like that from President Biden.
Speaker 7: I have worked with Joe Biden, whether hours and hours and hours over these four years, whether it be in the situation room or the Oval office. Joe Biden is the one who was able to bring NATO together during a crisis where for the first time in seventy years, Europe saw and has seen war. Joe Biden has done the work that has been about being a leader on what we have done to fix so much of what has been broken in terms of the economy because of Donald Trump's mismanagement. I speak with not only sincerity, but with a real first hand account of watching him do this work.
Speaker 1: I have no reluctance to saying that. Now, that's sound like a dodge at all. Isn't that amazing? Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 5: And the follow up should be, well the stuff I said. Seventy five percent of Americans think he shouldn't be president again, which is why he stepped down. We all saw him at the debate. George Clooney wrote an op ed for The New York Times saying, the guy at the debate is who he saw at a fundraiser.
Speaker 1: You're really saying you never saw that? Yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: Why I wasn't that enthused about Brett Baarr asking the question in that interview.
Speaker 1: She would just repeat what she just said.
Speaker 5: Again. I think they think they're helping themselves. It's doing more harm than good. Well, so, what would be a good answer. Is there a good answer? Am I being Are we being fair to her? Maybe there's not a good answer.
Speaker 1: No, there's not.
Speaker 4: No, the Dodge is the only fair answer. Because he was sen Island, she knew it. I will credit Hallie Jackson with a reasonable, you know, probing question there on NBC News.
Speaker 1: I'm pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, that's that's one of the great scandals of I think it'll be written about years from now. It doesn't feel like a scandal now, but she and others covered up for a guy who should not be president. He shouldn't be president right this moment. Right he's having conversations with Lloyd Austin. I'm sure about this whole North Korea troops in Russia thing. Is he able to understand what the hell's going on? Is he awake? Or is the Secretary of State and the Second Deep Are they making decisions without input from the president because he's not having a good day that.
Speaker 1: This shouldn't be known.
Speaker 5: I need more evidence to answer your question. Can we listen to clip forty two?
Speaker 1: Please? This is Biden yesterday in conquered New Hampshire. This the guy also wants to place.
Speaker 10: Every civil servant, every single one thinks he has a writer of the Streme Court ruling on immunity to be able to if need be, if there's a case to actually eliminate, physically eliminated, shoot kill someone who is he needs to be a threat to him. I mean, so, I know this sounds bizarre. It sounds like I said this five years ago. You'd locked me up. We gotta lock him out, political vocuum.
Speaker 1: Out, lock him out. That's what we have to do. Lock him out. Wow politically wow wow. Boy.
Speaker 5: Well he'll be gone in January. That's quite a ways away. January twenty.
Speaker 4: That's an awful long time given the geopolitical tensions.
Speaker 1: Rember December January.
Speaker 5: That's three months from a couple of weeks ago. Three months is a long time to be president when you have your brain works like that.
Speaker 10: Mess for them in work, unless you want to get better.
Speaker 5: Cuban missile crisis was what twelve days? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: We got more on the way, Strong and Getty, this is going viral.
Speaker 5: Pizza Hut is offering a new experience to diners in New York.
Speaker 1: Take a look at this well restaurant.
Speaker 11: Chain is opening up a one person reservation only restaurant. Beginning today in Queens, diners are rather the diner at the restaurant. We'll get fifteen minutes to enjoy their very own six inch personal tan pizza.
Speaker 5: New Yorkers were like to us, that's a four bedroom apartment. Yeah, I think the visual matters on that. It's a little shed that's made to look like at pizza hut, but it only has for one person that's sitting there and eat a little.
Speaker 1: Pizza like that being left alone sign. Yeah, I'm busy eating.
Speaker 4: We barely have any time look at that anyway. A couple of other consumer related stories that I found were interesting.
Speaker 1: Starbucks, Jack, you're a big Starbucks guy. I only really hit.
Speaker 4: Starbucks in an airport once in a while. I kind of a coffee at home type. But they've been taking on water. Can you say that about a nobody that sells liquids? Probably not, but they've been struggling mightily of late. They've got a new CEO, Brian Nichol, who's taken over from the old guy who drove it into the ground, and he's credited with saving Chipotle and young brands and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So the stocks way up. But I'm just curious what you think. And fellow Starbucks fans think his new message slogan is back to Starbucks.
Speaker 5: I like that, And they're going to get away from the hyper efficient, highly digital, robotic mixed drinks and get more into the coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like the idea of that. As a guy who goes in there and gets coffee. They have nine thousand different kinds of drinks you can get that aren't coffee.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing that's going to be less hyper efficient though, it's going to be slower and more relaxed.
Speaker 5: Well, I know they're going to pare down the menu because there are something like eight thousand different sorts of things you can order, and they're going to try to pair that way way, way way back, which would help a big Other part of it, too, is the way they handle their bathroom situation because of that that happened in Philadelphia with the people they didn't allow in the bathroom and its college kids and they have blah blah blah. Anyway, so every bathroom situation every Starbucks in America is horrible, and that that's a problem. It used to be a very nice clean place you could go to and know you could go in there, like when my kids were younger. That's the one you could count on to go find a nice, clean bathroom.
Speaker 1: And then that all went away.
Speaker 4: One report I saw a reference the nineteen ninety eight joke in the Onion that I still remember, oddly enough, the satirical headline new Starbucks opens in restroom of existing Starbucks. Starbucks had twenty five hundred stores at the time. Today it has tripled that many in China alone. Wow, and about forty thousand worldwide.
Speaker 5: I didn't know Starbucks was a big thing in China. You know what I didn't get to is chaos packaging. It's the new trend in consumer goods. Chaos packaging, unexpected packaging like ice cream, tubs of tampons that's for Tim Watz and sunscreen from a whipped cream can.
Speaker 1: That's the new trend.
Speaker 5: To look for it on shelves near you all explain later on, speaking of tampon, Tim, he dropped some bad language himself yesterday, among other things on the way say knucklehead, armstrong and geddy.
Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 12: He was saying she never worked at McDonald's never, so now he took himself to McDonald's.
Speaker 5: That was McDonald's.
Speaker 1: That was clothes, and he.
Speaker 5: Wasn't wearing a hairnet, which really bothered me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no net, really you I don't want some French fried.
Speaker 1: She actually worked in a McDonald's.
Speaker 12: She didn't go and pander and disrespect McDonald's workers by standing there in your red tie and take a.
Speaker 5: Picture who worked briefly as a fry cooker without a hairnet, I might add. I listened to some punditry around this, a lot of punditry around this, from super smart people on both sides, almost all of them agreeing that that was a brilliant atop pr thing that Trump did. But it wouldn't have been a very big deal really, because that sort of thing happens all the time, if the Democrats hadn't like, jumped on it and made it into such a big deal and criticized it so much and given it so much attention. And I heard it you used as the example of taking the bait. Remember how ridiculous it was that Kamala Harris so easily baited Trump into talking about his rallies instead of immigration and the economy. People leave your rallies Oh wait a second, No, they don't. They did the same thing with the McDonald's up. He shows up McDonald's and then the left goes nuts and they can't stop talking about it, and they're trying to describe why it was awful. Just allows more coverage of Trump there in his tie servant fries and uh and that's that works for some reason for Trump in a way that other politicians would look ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's partly that, you know, he's a big, famous, billionaire celebrity, and so it's just amusing to see him doing that, and he's good at it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, the so called backlash to it had a very frantic why am mad? Bro feel to it?
Speaker 1: Right? Just what are you so mad about? Aes? We know it was a staged event. What do you think he actually like got a job there? What are you even trying to say? Kind of funny, Yeah, but uh so I came across this.
Speaker 5: They had to close down the Yelp reviews of that McDonald's because started trolling them so much.
Speaker 4: Help reviews of McDonald's. Yeah, two stars. It tastes like every other McDonald's.
Speaker 5: There's what the hell, Well, there's people trolling the fact. It's like, for instance, this one that I was funny. Tried the McDonald's in Feasterville today. Customer service was a joke. A senile old man, old man got bronzer on my fries.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's funny. Ceni, old man got.
Speaker 5: Bronzer on my fries, didn't wear gloves, repeated himself several times, something about Ronald McDonald and the showers at the golf club.
Speaker 1: I don't no zero stars. You know that's funny.
Speaker 5: Ronald McDonald would come out of the come out of the locker room, and all the other clowns would be like, whoa, there's a clown.
Speaker 1: He was a real clay. He was all clown.
Speaker 4: Hey, you got a couple, not one, but a couple of emails. First of all, I saw a story something to the effect of McDonald's workers have been sworn to secrecy, or something about the Kamala Harris working there and not working there years and years and years ago. But a couple of people wrote, almost back to back, this is dell. If Harris worked at McDonald's in the seventies or thereabouts, it would be recorded under Social Security account. I worked at a garden shop in the early sixties, early sixties, and it's right there how much I made and how much was withheld for Social Security.
Speaker 1: And then Gabe said, Jent, social Security keeps track of your work history.
Speaker 5: They have my two weeks at McDonald's from nineteen eighty four. I was the most incredible fry guy, by the way, amazing with my human hands.
Speaker 1: By Gabe.
Speaker 5: I think I think she's working at McDonald's, she claims in eighty two, because she and I and you are the same age.
Speaker 1: And but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't I suppose if she made that up, that's an interesting story. How don't they think the fact that she did work at McDonald's that interesting? If she claims she didn't, she didn't, that would be an interesting thing to do, right.
Speaker 4: And it's all in service to that whole I grew up in a hard scrabble working class neighborhood and family, which is clearly not true. But the fact that this much time and energy is being spent scrutinizing that that claims a little silly anyway, in my opinion. I mean, there are plenty of world leaders and thinkers who grew up in a fair amount of wealth and were brilliant and effective. Likewise, Abe Lincoln could not have been more poor. They were starving, and he's one of the great presidents ever.
Speaker 5: No, a lot of our founding fathers were quite wealthy and come from wealthy family's Fdr Churchill, you get and you all kinds of examples. Here's Tim Walls yes day on the campaign trail. We could discuss this a little bit.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna talk about his running mate.
Speaker 1: His running mate, Elon Musk.
Speaker 12: Seriously, Elon's on that stage, jumping around, skipping like a dip on these stones.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Listen to that crowd, though, think about it.
Speaker 12: Think about that that guy is literally the richest man in the world, spending millions of dollars to help Donald Trump by an election.
Speaker 5: Man, Tim Walls is way better at that sort of thing than he is sitting for an interview. Tell you that he just seems so lost, deer in the headlights and uncomfortable in interviews in front of a big crowd doing the whole you know, populism, lefty thing.
Speaker 1: He's really good at that. But were there any.
Speaker 4: Old tampon, Tim who puts tampons in boys rooms? Old coach, well assistant coach Tim Mocking. A guy's the richest guy on earth because he's built so many incredibly innovative companies.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the leftis populism thing.
Speaker 5: But did any were there any headlines about vulgarity the Harris campaign lowering themselves to vulgarity to try to describe their opponents like they did, O'Donnell miss that one like they did with Trump all weekend long? Or does does the left get to call somebody a dip s but the right can?
Speaker 13: I mean, come on, yes, Katie, I just found it striking that he was saying that considering that his son's on the spectrum and we all know that Elon Musk is on the spectrum, So to be calling him a dip s for jumping around on the stage like he did, that's kind of a double standard too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an a hole.
Speaker 5: Tim Wawlsh is not a nice person and I'm a knucklehead at times. So just on vote a lion, A hole is what you are. Just on voting in general. I don't know if you agree with this or not. This is my take on the whole voting thing, because I, for instance, You've got Liz Cheney out there campaigning hard for Kamala Harris, talking about what a great leader she's going to be and how she'll get abortion back to where it needs to be.
Speaker 1: Liz Cheney is one of the most hardcore pro.
Speaker 5: Life Republican people we've had in recent decades. She co authored legislation that would have banned abortion nationwide.
Speaker 1: From the moment of conception.
Speaker 5: And now she's on stage with Kamala Harris pushing Kamla because she because she doesn't like Trump. So I get not liking Trump, right, I don't get puffing up Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: So I'm confused by that whole thing. We'll eat in.
Speaker 5: Directions and he's saying specifically about abortion or just bizarre given her sponsorship of that bill that whether you want to call it conception or fertilization, it was like, from the moment sperm meets egg, that is a human being.
Speaker 1: Now she's saying that well with Roe v.
Speaker 4: Wade, the Dobbs decision that some of the things being done in the States, I mean, these six week deadlines for having an abortion, it's just it's gone too far.
Speaker 1: So I'm in favor of Kamala her the way.
Speaker 5: She despises Trump I think has caused her to lose her freaking mind.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could endorse Kamla.
Speaker 4: You could do the John Kelly you think he's a dictator thing. You could make all manner of speeches and actions and not campaign with her making just inexplicable claims about abortion specifically. I mean, it's it's mystifying what's going on with Liz Chaney.
Speaker 5: I have a number of conservative or libertarian type friends who can't vote for Donald Trump, But you don't need to go around inflating Kamala Harris over it or vice versa.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 5: My point of view is one of those two people are gonna win, and so which one would you prefer? Is not a horrible position, I don't I don't quite get the you hold your vote so precious that even behind closed doors in a state that wouldn't matter, you can't pull the lever for one person because like God's watching, or your soul is hurt or something.
Speaker 1: I don't quite get.
Speaker 5: That one of those two people are going to be in charge of the country, which would you rather have? I don't understand why people can't answer that question. I could go into that, but after that from Prize Picks, America's number one daily fantasy sports app with over five million active members easiest to Prize Picks is the easiest and most exciting way to play daily fantasy sports.
Speaker 1: Unlike other apps, that's you against the numbers.
Speaker 5: All you do is pick more or less on at least at least two player stat projections up to six and why the winnings roll.
Speaker 1: In Pretty cool right now.
Speaker 5: You went up to one hundred times your money on Price Picks with as little as four correct picks, so if you tend to be good at this, you should jump on that right away. Price Picks puts its members first, so all withdrawals are fast, safe and secure, and when your picks hit, you can get your money and as quick as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: And Prize Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect.
Speaker 1: You can double your money even if one of your picks doesn't hit, So you know.
Speaker 5: Go a little, go a lot, pick a couple of guys, pick it's half a dozen, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 5: Use the code of Armstrong, get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars. That's the coat Armstrong on Prize Picks, get fifty bucks instantly when you play five dollars, and you don't need to win to get that fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed either way. Prize Picks run your game. Can answer your question if if you think.
Speaker 4: Both choices are terrible, and it doesn't matter what your vote is, why would you bother voting?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you don't if.
Speaker 5: That's fine, but I don't understand the lack of willingness of people just to say who would you rather have be president? I feel like it's being a pacifist. It's taking the easy way out. Sorry, I'm a pacifist. Okay, that's fine, but war exists and you have to have an opinion or you've just decided not to participate.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather have be president? Kamala Harris, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not seeing you wrong. It's just a question of how you look at life. I guess in morality.
Speaker 5: If you think they're both monsters, don't vote for either one of them, vote for a third party, or don't vote for anybody.
Speaker 4: Vote for Senator, vote for Congress. I think that's a perfectly defensible position. It's difficult to come up with a good metaphor that compares, you know, like your your war one.
Speaker 5: That's that Pacifism. It's a good one because it's going to happen whether you participate or not. Would you like to have a role in it with one of them?
Speaker 1: A role in.
Speaker 5: One or the other unless you're in a swing state. It's a purely symbolic role. True, true, true, But I just I just feel like it's an easy out. It's like when I'm in a crowd of people, I'm a pacifist. Okay, so you don't have to engage in the real conversation of what's going to happen here, Fine, then go stand in the corner. But in the real world, these things are happening, pick one or the other. I don't understand it. Why I don't chew anything in one of the most important things that goes on in the country in a purely symbolic way.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's all.
Speaker 4: You can have a strong and learned opinion on every single issue that the country faces and not cast a vote for president.
Speaker 5: I guess as an individual at your home, sure, but as any sort of you have any sort of public role. I guess I'm thinking about Liz Cheney and lots of different people. You have any sort of public role. One of two people are gonna win, So true, but what what I don't want? I don't get it the and the third party choice or whatever. I guess you can kind of make the argumentory about you're trying to help build another party, which could happen over time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I voted for libertarians for a long time because I wanted to pull the Republican Party closer to UH liberty in general, small l libertarianism. The Libertarian Party is off the crackpot, but small libertarianism.
Speaker 1: Any thoughts on this discussion?
Speaker 4: Mail Bag at Armstrong in Giddy dot com is the email address that's mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com, or if you'd like to text us if that's more of your style. Four one five two nine five k FTC four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 5: Eminem's all in for Kamala Harris. Now I feel like he's crossed that line in dying dyeing your hair and your beard to where now it looks ridiculous. You can do it for a while, but now he's at the age where it just as silly.
Speaker 4: So your your criticism is not extending to his indorsement of a progressive moron, indeed his rejection of the inevitable signs of aging.
Speaker 5: I really do not look to musicians, rappers of any kind to tell me what's the best direction to go for me.
Speaker 1: It's oboists.
Speaker 5: An oboist I can trust because they're not showy, poet earnest, they work hard. I'm into the poll. What do the poets think? That's what I always say. First my first question? We got more in the way, I stay with us?
Speaker 1: Just what going?
Speaker 5: I was gonna make another musical note. The thing about the Eagles is they never overplayed the silences, the space between the notes.
Speaker 1: That's the key.
Speaker 5: Justin Bieber suing his managers for squandering three hundred million dollar fortune, that'll be quite the story if it's true.
Speaker 4: Oh that would hurt woo oh man. That's the tale as old as time management ripping off a creative artist.
Speaker 1: No, especially if you're like a fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: H If you heard the preceding discussion about voting and not voting, that sort of thing and just everything we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: You'll enjoy this note from Ryan in Houston.
Speaker 4: Guys, in a couple of weeks it will be president elect Pumpkins Spice Hitler or Kamala?
Speaker 1: Is this my butt or a hole in the ground.
Speaker 5: Pumpkin spice Hitler. That is clever. You should send that to Fallon. That's good. That's really clever Ryan. If you look at the candidates that way, you should just to expect the one you don't like to win and then find out.
Speaker 4: Who's running for your city council because that'll be a better use of your time instead of hoping your god emperor wins and smites your enemies.
Speaker 1: That's a good email, right there. Yeah, and then he says, ps, it's my birthday. Can you play the reck of the Edmund Fitzgerald? No, No, we can't, fella. It's been good to know you. Oh boy. So I mentioned chaos packaging. Earlier. Companies are selling sunscreen in whipped cream cans, water and Tall Boys, better known for beer and dumponds in ice cream tubs. As surprise surprising, packaging becomes a sharper tool for marketers.
Speaker 5: I have noticed the beverages in different kinds of cans. Thing interesting and marketing isn't yes, and for some reason it's appealing.
Speaker 4: Marketing and venture capital consultant You've Never heard of Them calls the trend chaos packaging. Other examples include Ilva Serrano's Engine Gin, which comes in motor oil containers, and Machino's Fresh Cooture perfume, which is packaged in window cleaner like spray bottles.
Speaker 5: I hadn't thought about this, but like some water, I bought a bottle of water at the store and it came in a can, like a kind of like a beer can or a popcan or something. For some reason, I chose that because I just thought it was kind of cool or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that's it.
Speaker 4: This marketing guy explains pages that cause some kind of cognitive dissonance are more likely to capture the attention of shoppers than traditional boxes, bottles.
Speaker 1: And cans interesting, so that appeals to brands.
Speaker 4: Particularly as advertising becomes more expensive, suppliers battle for shelf space and direct a consumer model popularized by startups in the twenty tens begins to sag under the weight of logistics costs and consumers desires for one stop shopping.
Speaker 1: I've got this new tomato soup that comes in a shoe box.
Speaker 5: Yes, Katie, Wow, there's some logistical challenges to that idea.
Speaker 8: But there's a really cool brand called Liquid Death and they sell water, but they sell it in a tall can that looks like a beer at like concerts and stuff, so if you're not drinking, you don't feel the pressure of you know.
Speaker 4: That's actually one of the very brands that they highlight in this article. Well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm just why am I? I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 4: Flow, which is the company that sells ladies' devices in the ice cream thing, said it's packaging nods to the sugar and fat cre that often descend upon women during their periods, but the company especially wanted to make sure it's products caught shopper's eyes on shelves packed with long established brands.
Speaker 1: I think it's smart, like it's silly.
Speaker 5: I like my brown gravy to come in a salt shaker. That's just the way I am.
Speaker 4: The venture backed olive oil startup Gratza became a millennial favorite, primarily thanks to choosing squeezable condiment like bottles instead of the traditional glass for all of them.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, huh. I'll be darn I fell for it subliminally or subconsciously or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know how I feel about the tampoons and the ice cream.
Speaker 1: Man, mind your own damn business.
Speaker 4: Tampoons like that, We'll we'll be stealing that one for years and years.
Speaker 1: Yeah's funny, whatever it takes to get attention. I guess chaos packaging Joe. That's right.
Speaker 4: They give the example of this guy who's a big guy in the field. He founded Eos in twenty eight, a skincare company that packaged lip ball in spheres rather than sticks.
Speaker 1: Right right, I remember that craze started. Yeah huh. I'll be darned.
Speaker 5: We're so easily manipulated and we don't even notice it.
Speaker 1: Uh boy.
Speaker 5: The October surprise maybe has dropped about hit uh Trump.
Speaker 1: I almost said it row my cowbo