Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of fans of the NBA who believe that there are players out there who are playing in the NBA who are not very good. I think that there are casual fans and hardcore fans who think to themselves, I guess it possible that there are like a group, a pretty large group of players who just don't actually like the game that they're paid millions of dollars to play. And we don't really have any evidence for that. We don't have anything to substantiate our claims, our beliefs, our anecdotal evidence of just lackadaisical complacency that we see on a night to night basis. Well, DeMar DeRozan is cooking a quarter of the NBA and is substantiating the things that we have.
Speaker 2: Been thinking for a very long time. What did he say, brace yourself.
Speaker 1: A quarter of the players in the NBA they absolutely stink.
Speaker 2: That's like one hundred players.
Speaker 1: That's literally like a hundred out of the four hundred and fifty players. DeMar Derozen has put a stamp on it. They fucking are trash, They stink, They shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Even be here.
Speaker 1: I cannot tell you how many times I've seen media members included myself, just get cooked by fans saying, oh, I say, oh.
Speaker 2: This player stinks, X Y or Z stinks.
Speaker 1: They are not very good, and they're like, you don't know these players are professionals.
Speaker 2: You don't know they're in the NBA.
Speaker 1: How can you say that they're elite guys or elite athletes.
Speaker 2: You're just some caring out there.
Speaker 1: No comparatively to the other guys who don't stink, these guys stink. There are guys who cannot play at an elite level, which is what we're talking about. Do not take my word for it, take Paul George and DeMar DeRozan's word for it.
Speaker 2: Did you feel about the tweet that lebron sent out Bronny was better than some current NBA guys.
Speaker 3: We do guys a lot of Sorry, man, leave, I'm running, no cap. I'm the type of dude I keep my opinions myself. I chill, I play the backseat. But being in the league so long, you realize how many mock don't love the game of basketball, who take it for granted, who feels so entitled, who just won't everything that come with it, but don't want to put the work in. It's so frustrating, you know what I mean. Like we played in an era where you had to like earn everything, so you got so many guys coming in and thinking like they just should be playing because they homeboy told them they nice, and it's like, bro, you're not good. So I definitely got Brian standpoint of that, because you'll be surprised it's a good was it four or fifty of us, it's a good Seventy five to one hundred stinks. Stinks.
Speaker 1: Good dudes though, Good dudes though, but they stink like they fucking suck. I can't tell you how much I love this clip. Anytime somebody gets into my mentions and tells me that these players don't stink, I'm sending that clip right back to them.
Speaker 2: Seventy five to one hundred players in the.
Speaker 1: NBA absolutely stink after a long time in this league. So what do you do when everybody on the floor was a number one option for most of their lives? You either adapt or you're fucking gone, or I guess you sit on the bench and throw soup at your colleagues and get dropped like Kevin Porter.
Speaker 2: Junior, the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 1: He would probably be one of those seventy five guys.
Speaker 2: That's just what it is. I want to smoke weed.
Speaker 1: They want to go to the club, they want to hang out, they want to get paid, and you know what, God bless them.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to playing actual basketball.
Speaker 1: They stink. And I'm going to tell you they stink. What do you do when you get life changing money?
Speaker 2: Do you continue to grind.
Speaker 1: Or do you chill? That's really the deal. A lot of guys are gonna get the message. That message is eleven for twenty five from the field, and a plus minus of negative eighteen is not going to get you to the place at the table for a long line for a long time in this league. So what do you do when everybody on the floor was a number one option for most of their lives. You either adapt or you're fucking gone, or I guess you sit on the bench and throw soup at your colleagues and get dropped like Kevin Porter Junior. So I've thought this a lot about the NBA because it's kind of like a little office setting.
Speaker 2: You know, you got guys all put together. They didn't ask to be with one another.
Speaker 1: A lot of different personalities, a lot of different types of play. You've got coaches that come and go, They've got different systems that they want to run.
Speaker 2: Some of those systems.
Speaker 1: Deprioritize you and prioritize others other guys. You get traded and they come to your team, they change the dynamics. So what do you do? How do you try to fix things when they go sideways? And I think that's a question that teams probably have been asking for years, and I have been asking it very specifically about how does anybody patch things up with Rudy Gobert? How does anybody patch things up when this is a player that like is universally disliked. Oftentimes, over and over again, there's infighting. Nobody tells each other what the problem is. They get blown up, they start again, they don't communicate.
Speaker 2: Things go bad.
Speaker 1: Guys get traded, they blow it up again, They fire the coach again, they trade a.
Speaker 2: Player again, over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Until they just have no picks, no capital, and a bunch of fucking dismal results.
Speaker 2: That's like the Charlotte Hornets. That's what I'm thinking about right now.
Speaker 1: So the Minnesota Timberwolves face that same issue right in the offseason. They lost in five to the Nuggets. And the difference between the Wolves and the team like the Sixers is They've got a star, a transcendent star, Aunt Edwards, who is willing to put in the work. Aunt Edwards, who has relentless I strive to be as relentlessly positive as Aunt Edwards. He's twenty one years old and he is maybe the greatest dude in the league. He might save this franchise from themselves, as he could potentially save this franchise from maybe the worst trade in NBA history. Of course, I'm talking about Rudy Gobert, Like I said, universally disliked, came to this team, universally disliked, punched his own teammate in the playoffs to the point where that other player is now gonna maybe leave the team. And instead of Aunt Edwards being like, yeah, we agree, this guy fucking sucks, terrible trade, we gotta move him, or whatever the case might be, he decides what's he gonna do. He's going to fix things with Rudy Gobert. He's gonna patch things up mentor Rudy Gobert. He is going to get their relationship as tight as it can be. It may seem like a tall order. Rudy is notoriously surly, but if anyone can do it, it is Aunt Edwards, the twenty one year old player. Mind you, Rudy Gobert is thirty, so that mentorship relationship is already fucking wild. So, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Aunt Edwards is headed to France this off seat just to train all summer with Rudy Gobert all summer. Yes, you read that right. According to Wolves Beat writer Chris Hine, Aunt Edwards is planning on heading to France to work with Gobert. From the outside, Edwards and Gobert didn't always seem to be on the same page. Edward always seemed reluctant to pass when working with him with the screen and roll game, and Edwards says that wasn't the case.
Speaker 2: I am stunned.
Speaker 1: I thought that there would be no way that this trade could get salvage, But holy moly, Aunt said this.
Speaker 2: I love Rudy. ME and Rudy got a great understanding. We talk all the time.
Speaker 1: I think he can get a lot better as far as catching the ball, jump hooking, and I tell him all the time, like, Rudy, I'm gonna throw you the ball every time I want you to jump hook or money dunk on someone. And he's like, I got you. So this summer we're gonna get together to work on it in France. He's gonna go to Aunt Edwards in France. I need this reality show. I need it, Not like, hey, Rudy, you French fuck, you've ruined our team. You come to my city and you train with me. No more begets for you, bitch. You're coming to me. No, no, no, He's like courissant bojieu, I'm coming to you.
Speaker 2: Rudy Avoir.
Speaker 1: Like if anybody can make Rudy Gobert likable, it's Aunt Edwards.
Speaker 2: And you know who.
Speaker 1: Aunt Edwards never said anything like this about never heaped praise on, never went and traded with him in the off season, never said how much he likes him.
Speaker 2: Carl Anthony Towns.
Speaker 1: This is just further evidence that Karl Anthony Towns probably is on his way out because this team cannot work with two seven footers, gotta choose one.
Speaker 2: One can't defend one who can't score.
Speaker 1: There's a reason that the rumor mill is full of the talk about Carl Anthony Towns to the Knicks involving either r. J. Barrett or Julius Randall. Aunt is gonna be first team All NBA. He is the Steak and Carl Anthony Towns also has main character syndrome, so he might be on his way out. And Aunt Edwards is going to fully salvage the Rudy go Bear trade and maybe even Rudy Gobert's career as a result. If you are a Wolves fan, Aunt Edwards Croissant a Bogies like that is the best news that you could possibly ever get.
Speaker 2: All right. Finally, a quick note on our dubs.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, they need to figure out what's going on with Bob Myers. The rumors around Bob Myers is that he's getting twenty million dollars offer a year to go to a venture capital firm. He might just leave the NBA altogether in order for him to stay with the Warriors. It's going to take a huge bag. So that's point number one, which I have no updates on. I do have an update though on the Big Three and whether they're going to continue with the pool party thing.
Speaker 2: I wanted to illustrate something before the season.
Speaker 1: Started that I said it was in the immediate aftermath when Draymond Green turned Jordan Poole into Glass show from Mike Tyson's knockout that I said this here on the show. The Warriors are in turmoil and how a lot of things progress in Golden State will revolve around whether they can put this behind them. It turns out they did not put that behind them. And now we don't just have anecdotal evidence, we have proof. Early reports out of the Warriors camp is that no are dubs. Our dubs did not put this behind them. According to ESPN's Ramona Shelbourne, she interviewed a ton of Warriors staff and a ton of Warriors players and this is what she had to say. Tension between veterans and younger players on Warriors never went away after Draymond Green's punch. Draymond Green's punch didn't just knock out Jordan Poole. It laid bare the tension between the older Championship corps and the younger players on the organization hoped would supersede them one day. It has never gone away. Despite Pool's relative silence on the matter this season.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turns out hiring a whole new staff to replace the current staff and actually branding it with a name called two Timelines, implying that one timeline would eventually be laid out to pasture.
Speaker 2: Probably not great.
Speaker 1: And in the second timeline thing thinking that they're the second coming of some sort of dynasty.
Speaker 2: Probably also not great.
Speaker 1: We've heard grumblings from Pool and Kaminga about playing time Cominga is said to be so angry that he thinks he's going to be traded if he doesn't get a full time role next season. You've got Clay that ends up affecting him, where Clay now is putting his foot down and he's saying, well, fuck it. If you're gonna give Jordan Pool thirty million, you better give me forty million.
Speaker 2: And that's just not gonna happen either.
Speaker 1: So now there's even more traction to a Jordan Pool trade on the horizon, most recently as part of a package to Toronto for Ogn Andobi. Don't hate that, just like Ognnobi and Andrew Wiggins together.
Speaker 2: Wooh.
Speaker 1: Pool has been somehow not silent anymore, even though he's been ducking the media up until now. He has not said really anything substantive about the punch, but he did say this to the ringer when they were asking him about his relationship with Draymond. It pretty much says everything that you need to know. He said, we were just on the court, teammates. It's just been business.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like they've ever patched things up or ever will patch things up. This season is going to be written about. There's going to be a documentary about the death of the of our Dubs, the death of our Duves, call it that right now. And the main storyline is going to be the punch that took them down, the one punch heard all around the world. But whether Draymond, Cole Cocking Jordan Poole actually ended the Dubs dynasty itself, that.
Speaker 2: Remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: That is all the time that we after the heat check we'll be back Friday for all new episodes. We are here with the conference finals. I'm going to be on the ground for the finals for the Boston element. And we're not even gonna add the heat into this, like they're not come on right like we know that it's Boston. Check out the for past episodes and many episodes which drop every day, pretty much every day, and now follow the heat Check. As a twenty twenty two twenty twenty three NBA Conference Finals are in full swing, do not forget to download, subscribe, Tell all your friends, every single one of them, and follow us on socialid at this heat Check and Trista Crick on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram. We will see you Friday, my friends,