Speaker 1: Jill.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast.
Speaker 1: With your boy Big Steal in the house. Yeh yeah, yeah, for sure. We got Soaring Baker back again, man, as we knocked down this top fifty Gangster Rap albums of all time. Man, you know people really take their music series.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: I've been having motherfuckers in the comments, man. They be killing me. And I always tell them the list is not complete yet. They're not even in numerical order yet. We're just naming songs right now that are going to go eventually that will wind up on that top fifty list. They don't like that shit. They don't like that shit at all. They tell me, you butter half some of this on that you butter half some of that. But they need what people need to realize, man, when you start talking about music, it's very very subjective, man, and it's all about your opinion. You can go out and make your own list. You feel what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure as we get closer to the top, we have a lot of stuff that's the same, but some stuff like I'm pretty sure because you send me your list to day and usually me and you are pretty close. I was like, damn, me and Soren got a couple of them. We have a couple that are close, and I guess we should probably just go ahead and run throughout our list. You wanna run through mine first, you want to do yours first, you should go first. Still, Okay, again, these are not a numerical order. They are not a numerical orders. So I don't want to hear nobody on Instagram telling me, hey man, how you got this or that that's a bullshit ass list. But this is what I got. I got we come strapped quick as the name above the Law, Living like Hustler's se Bow, which the gas Chamber.
Speaker 4: That's a masterpiece.
Speaker 1: Right then Tupac Me Against the World, fifty cent get Rich doc Trying the Truth by Benny Siegel, Banging on Wax. I had to go back on that one. Banging on Wax. I had to revisit the album Brother Link, Season of the Sickness and Easy Eat it's on one eighty seven killer. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of those. Some of those I don't have. But that's that's pretty thorough right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I want to go back to something though, because we always had these debates on which should be considered against the Rap. As you know, I've been wanting to put Tupac's Me Against the World on there. To me, it's his best album. It's even better than All Eyes on Me, something I normally get killed in the comments for that. But I think Me Against the World was a phenomenal album and it definitely was a gangst the rap album. To me, it was definitely some gangster stuff.
Speaker 5: It's definitely my, in my opinion, pop's best album. I think it's the most introspective and when you look at it too.
Speaker 4: To me, it reminds me.
Speaker 5: In a lot of ways of like a Scarface album and stealing with a lot of paranoia and doubt, frustration, impression, anxiety. And that's of course because he was going through his legal situation at the time and was behind bars, so or knowing he was about to be behind bars for it. So it's a lot of angst in the album, and I think it's a lot of introspection. It's brilliant, man, It's a brilliant album.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think one of my favorite joints on that was different around the corner. It was just like a lot of pair of noise on there and just you know, just that that last verse, he just killed it. I was raising the city shit niggas, drinking liquor out my mama's titties and smoking weed was everyday thing in my household, and drinking liquor to you out cold? Yeah you fuck with that ape.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that was one of his coldest albums, man, And I thought about man would get rich Dyke trying. I think that was like fifty cent Man. He just knocked out the park with his debut.
Speaker 4: I got one. I got that one A little higher in the.
Speaker 1: List, yeah, and I had a higher initially, bro, But it's just so much great stuff in the top twenty. I didn't really see nothing worth. It was a lot of stuff the world was. But again, it's just my opinion, you know what I mean. It may wind up steal up there. You know, it may very well wind up steal up there. I know. Eight. I guess we would have to excuse him from doing a list because he just he like everything. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't give a damn. I just go through you know songs that I you know, it's all kind. It's because it's errors.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I come from a long Era, And you know, I don't know if you say, you know Gangster album or Reality Records or whatever you want to say, but I'm kind of biased, you know, from from I'm kind of biased from two thousand on back.
Speaker 1: You feel me. I feel I am too to a certain you know.
Speaker 2: But I will say, you know, I banged me some BG Chopper City.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got that, and I heard that on there.
Speaker 2: I beg gave me some brother Lynch hung what was that season of the Sickness? I banged me some motherfucking I bang me some motherfucking I bang me some ce Bow. I banged me some j O Felony that that uh that uh that what you want to do album? Easy to Get In. I banged the ship out that motherfucking record.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I banged me some motherfucking is incredible. I banged me some East Siders or.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I banged me some mob deep.
Speaker 4: Deep deep in the top.
Speaker 3: Okay, not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I got Quick in there. Quick's first album was The Ship.
Speaker 4: So all three of us got Quick, Quick as the name today.
Speaker 1: Ye all three of Quick as the name.
Speaker 2: And then I'll go through some I'll bang me some straight checking them. So that's my you know, that's my middle teen right there.
Speaker 4: See, I got straight checking them higher.
Speaker 2: I got straight checking them in the middle right there, because.
Speaker 1: You know I got that way higher too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got other records. You know that's higher. You know, straight checking them was. It was a good decent record for me, Compcion's Most Wanted. But you know, I got some records that you know up there, you know, as far as what what I listened to, as far as what took me through the transition of reality music, especially being from Compton in the West Coast. I even say I banged me some some some knockout and dresta.
Speaker 1: You thein't had a hard album and I thought about that. I thought about that.
Speaker 2: So you know that that that's my middle round. Might there you feel me?
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might as well go.
Speaker 5: Today we're looking at quick as the Name. Okay, Black Mafia, Life Above the Law.
Speaker 4: Okay, power iced Tea.
Speaker 5: Okay, this one might surprise people that it's this low. What two thousand and one by Dre Okay, back to Vince Staples hell can wait living like Hustlers above the Law?
Speaker 3: I got that, Yeah, I got that a little Higher.
Speaker 5: Schooly D Saturday Night the album I forgot about that and Saturday Night part of the reason why, beyond the fact that I love it this album. On the song park Tide five to two is the first time I ever remember.
Speaker 4: Hearing anybody gang bang. This came out in.
Speaker 5: Eighty six, he said, Parkside, I'm placing home the PSK gangsters liked the room. Cheaper in their hand, thirty or cheaper in the hand, thirty two in our socks, protecting our turf like it was Ford Knox.
Speaker 1: So right there he's naming his gang.
Speaker 4: He's saying, we got the guns coming.
Speaker 3: We got but we smoke, smoking, We got guns and protected hood. Yeah, definitely, yes, indeed.
Speaker 5: So Schoolly shout out to that tear the club up, thugs crazy in the last days I had that higher. This album is so phenomenal to me. It's I was having to be there when they were recording some of it, so.
Speaker 4: I had It's.
Speaker 5: A as you both know when you're working on the song and you hear the different changes the songs go through while they're being recorded, and then they hear the versions that get released, and as you also both know when they would have advances. Sometimes it wasn't and that was on the album too, So I heard all these different versions of some of the songs on Crazy in the last days.
Speaker 4: That was Crazy.
Speaker 5: That album is phenomenally produced top to bottom. I got Rhythmalism also, uh, and I got partially because of eight, Prelude to a.
Speaker 4: Come Up, I got Cypress Hill four.
Speaker 1: That to me is.
Speaker 5: As we'll see with some of my other selections with eight being on here.
Speaker 4: But that's one of my favorite.
Speaker 5: Verses as well as your soul Assassins from the first album that I think people don't talk about as much, but prelude to a Come Up? Who off Cypress Hill for If y'all don't remember that, man, you need to go check that.
Speaker 3: Because that Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 4: That's an incredible song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: That was one of my first introductions to fucking with mugs.
Speaker 4: You guys work phenomenally well together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mus my peoples, man, you know, you tend to meet different dudes, you know when you production wise, as far as you know, coming from the West Coast, motherfuckers always feel that, I guess your sound should be one particular way, and I've always just managed to work well with all kinds of producers, from fucking from Slip to fucking and Banks to fucking Dash to Mugs to fucking Pete Rock to Premiere.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So I like to get versatile when I do music, man, I don't like to just stick to the same fucking format. So that was mixer. You know, I've always been a fan of Mugs, from fucking from Cooling in Cali days man, Yeah, yeah, definitely, And that was one of.
Speaker 3: My favorite cuts.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't give Cooling and Cali I was. I was in Ohio listening to this.
Speaker 3: And that ship was, man, that ship was cracked.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So I've always been a Mugs fan, you know, so just being able to be able to work with Mugs and you know what the work from Cypress Hill to like you said, being able to be a part of the solo Assassins to.
Speaker 4: Have you all heard the new soul assassin sol Sassin three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cracky.
Speaker 2: I'll actually uh, I probably didn't make it on there, but he had sent me a beat to do a song with a death and the dude you know the weed song. Yeah, it's pretty tight. So yeah, shout out to the Mug. Shout out to mugs Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, and I think too because Doctor Green Thumb was the big single off four, I think a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Compared to their first three albums.
Speaker 5: I think because Doctor Green Thumb the video was a little funny, I think they didn't give the album.
Speaker 4: As much of a chance.
Speaker 5: But he's got you know, be real, I think is it's hard to say he's underrated, but he's underrated I.
Speaker 4: Think as a storyteller, as a lyricist and styles.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, definitely any good friend too many be real as always. You know, It's been on a lot of my songs, a couple of projects. We've always worked together. He's another one of those cats that I can just pick up the phone and be like a b you know, blop blop, and two days later there is the verse or whatever. So and he's one of them artists man, that's so versatile. You know, he's even though he come from the West Coast, Southgate, you know, from the streets and whatever. But they music, man, it's just so fucking worldwide.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They in a different category, if you ask me, They rock stars exactly.
Speaker 4: And a different category.
Speaker 5: The thing that really shocked me with the four album is because on the first cybers So you had the Pig song, and then on this album he had Through the Eyes of a Pig where he wrapped it from the perspective of the cop and he was talking about all the dirt he was doing, and like, I just remember hearing that song for the first time and never thinking I would hear a song like that from such an artist, and it just blew. Like you're saying, he's so versatile, it blew my mind. I was like, this song is crazy.
Speaker 1: Be real is definitely underrated though, man, and while we talked about underrated stuff, it didn't make the list, but y'all fuck with Psycho Rehm. Of course, definitely that war story, that one and two. Man, I came real close to putting them the list because this is dope. Those are dope ass album.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Mugs, he did a great album with six Jacking.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh my goodness, muggs is he's incredible.
Speaker 1: He's a dope man. Shout out to the homie six Jack and that's my homeboy. He actually owed me a beat from twenty years ago, so I came into we need that beat, we need that beef a you know, because I went and did something. He had this video shoot and this is how Jack call you, Hey, stell what you got going on? Man? I'm chilling, Hey man, can you come up to the hotel We shooting the video right now. I need you to play this part. It's like right now, dogs, Saturday night, seven thirty at night. I'm chilling with my family, right He's like, come on, man, I give you a beat. He said that I was herb I was gone home and I get up there, man, and we got us in this hotel that's supposed to hunt it. I forget the name of it is, but it's downtown LA. And when I tell you, man that the energy and the vibes in that hotel was spooky as the motherfucker. I couldn't wait to get out of there, man, because he had me in this dark ass room playing a suit like snatching somebody from behind the corner. And I forget the name of the song man, but shout out to six Jack and the cycle rim Man. They got some incredible music, that's for sure. They that's some incredible music. One of the things, man, as we go through this list man with gangster rap man, I think a key component that we always speak upon is the art of telling the story. Yeah eight t some immaculus story. Because I've been listening to more of your music lately, just to get, you know, back in the vibe of the list. I've been listening to a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Perspective yeah, yeah, yeah, they give you.
Speaker 1: A little perspective, man, him be real ice Cube even Snoop Man. The West got some great storytellers, man, that's for sure. The West Coast has some great storytellers, I tell you too. And this is up more top towards the top of the top ten, and I think we would all have this in the top ten. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but Ray Kwan, the Purple Tape, just the whole story of the album, man, just from the beginning of the end. Ill album, Man, very, that's ill album you got? You got that in your top ten.
Speaker 4: No, I don't have that as a gangster album.
Speaker 1: You don't think that was a gangster album. I think it was East Coast gangster for.
Speaker 5: Sure, it is, but it's not to me. It's not gangster though what you say.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't consider it gangster rap either. Gray Kume's one of my peoples I just think it's on a different It's it's a criminology rap man.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that. See to me, gangster ship is criminal shit. All that is criminal shit. It's like gangsterism, but from East Coast perspective. That's what I think anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Just don't think it has enough well to me.
Speaker 5: Most of my selections directly are about the gang banging life right heavily involved in it, directly or indirectly.
Speaker 1: I think as I lean more towards the D boys.
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, see you you because at one point you considered Rick Ross gangster ship. That's hustle music, man, that's D boy music. That's not that's not gangster music. Rick Ross ain't telling you he doing drive buys on niggas. Rick Ross telling you he got model bitches on the yacht coming.
Speaker 1: From the.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 1: If you're getting your earning your money from the listen activity, you a gangster to me. If you if you've earned your money from alsted activity, you're selling dope. You got the bad bitch with you. You got a jarweed, a nice guard gold weed like that. When I showed you just now, that's not what we consider gangsterism.
Speaker 3: We consider that d boy.
Speaker 2: Ship like like money man ship. Gangster ship is not a nigga who is worried about like the type of champagne he drinking and ship what you know he's gonna buy woman or yeah, or or you know or if I'm on a private plane or not. I'm I'm a gangster nigga. I don't get a nigga nigga. You put me on the handlebars of a beach cruiser nigga, and I'll do a drive by on the nigga nigga.
Speaker 3: I don't give a fuck, nigga. My draws can cost.
Speaker 2: My draws cost twenty dollars from the swap meet, not a hundred thousand gig about my socks is at the six pack nigga.
Speaker 1: I don't pay motherfucker the thousand dollars for silk socks and draws all this. So let me ask you thisigig You canna have to be a fuck. You gonna have to be a forty outs nigger. It ain't gotta be a thousand dollars bottle of champage. At times talking about smoking motherfuckers, he has smoking, That's.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying. I mean that ship, but Gucci has so much other stuff. That dude's got seven thousand songs, so it's hard. He's very hard to categorize.
Speaker 1: It's little it's Little Wayne gangst the rap because he be on that suit warning and everything else.
Speaker 5: Nah, you don't think so.
Speaker 1: So y'all just go. It's all these it's all these prominent great rappers out the gangster rep category. You all some cold dudes.
Speaker 4: Man, mm hmmm, I don't I don't see you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what see you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like, I don't know you international with your gangsterism still, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You aspire for the GM to be a little bit on the higher level. You could be a gangster to be sophisticated with your ship.
Speaker 2: Not saying gangsters ain't sophisticated, but sophistic gangsters is like gangster ship is the struggle man, Gangster shit is like you get me gangster ship to me, Like, if you want to go on the Lil Wayne ship, BG is gangst the ship Lil Wayne is little Like Now, now, like this is what I say about some shit. Some niggas is gangster right when they in the grind, right in the beginning, when they're on the block with everybody else. We all with the sack, we all trying to you know, we all serve in the same motherfucking car. We all in the studio on the block together, you know whatever, we in the struggle. But if one of us, you know, get off a record, nigga and motherfucker, next thing, you know, Nigga, I got ten million dollars in my bank account. I'm no longer pulling up in the Pinto.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta be now, you gotta I'm pulling under the Rose Royce right so now and so now, I don't know if the imagery of gangster is what a nigga gonna portray any more, because this nigga gonna be pulling up in Vasachi jackets and ship now. He don't.
Speaker 3: Niggas don't know how to. Niggas don't.
Speaker 2: Niggas don't know how hell Nah nigga like nig hell Nah nigga.
Speaker 3: You gotta like.
Speaker 2: It's some nigga, Like it's some niggas who get money and and know how to. The Money's not gonna change my aspect of where I come from. Like nigga, I'm gonna steal by fucking redbox. I'm gonna steal buy you secular jeans and sweatshirts, Like my sweatshirt ain't gonna be twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You know how I can attest that he telling the truth.
Speaker 4: I seen him wearing this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you know how I know he telling the truth.
Speaker 4: Just taking away a system.
Speaker 1: This is when you was kind of like that sho apix. This is like ninety three. I'm in the Lakewood mall. You know, talk about lake Wood. This nigga loves who I see. I guess who bailing out this? Guess who I see bailing out the foot locker. I see your bell and I'm thinking, like, man, this motherfucker over here in the mall, that's MC eight. I didn't come up to you and talk to you with no shit like that, but it just sucked me up. I said, MC, it is really in the mall. And then I saw the motherfucker one day in the What's the Dilemma Fashion Center?
Speaker 3: That's why I meet nigga way me.
Speaker 1: That's all you When it swatted me one day and I said, this motherfucker really be in the motherfucker streets.
Speaker 2: I never like, Okay, nigga made a little bread, you feel me. Did I move out of Compton, Yeah, I mean that's what you're supposed to do, right, But.
Speaker 3: I didn't get into the money shit. Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I bet you're fucking with mag Tin. Your ass is fucking with that money shit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, mag Ten me and me? When now, when I start fucking with Mac, it.
Speaker 4: Was, you know, shout out to section eight.
Speaker 3: It was it was just, you know, it's a different time me. I didn't.
Speaker 2: You know, I rode with maybe three four niggas from the hood. I never went out and bought like Rolex watches and shit like that. But when I got with a certain situation, I felt that's the image because the whole crew.
Speaker 4: That's what you get me.
Speaker 1: The whole Like I didn't never have chains and shit.
Speaker 2: And you know I got with Mac. They had hoopang and chains, and niggas had roles, watches and shit. So you know, but me, I just I was one of them niggas who I didn't want to forget where I came from, and I didn't want to forget the struggle that I went through. Like Nigga, I ain't always been rich, you feel me, Like Nigga, we came from the struggle, so I never wanted to forget that. So I'm one of them niggas. Who, nigga, you give me a check for one hundred thousand dollar, nigga, and six months from now, you like you coming to me like nigga, you ain't catch that check yet because I ain't seen it hit my bank yet. I'll be like, hell no, nigga, that motherfucker lie. I try to stay normal and regular, to not get upon and live above my means. I'm not one of them niggas who I came from the block and then the nigga handed me a million dollars and tomorrow I'm finna make you feel like nigga, I.
Speaker 3: Was born with this silver spoon in my mouth. You feel me.
Speaker 1: I was always buying for Sachi jackets.
Speaker 3: And pulling up it.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I never and then I never wanted to alienate the niggas I was around.
Speaker 1: You ain't never alienate nobody, and I ain't never become like I would never no flawsy motherfucker. But I enjoyed it. Not realistic, Musk says boy. When I got the first piece of money, man, everything changed. The food I ate every fucking thing changed.
Speaker 2: I didn't even try to do that ship, man, I'm telling you, I just started doing it.
Speaker 1: To this day. It's like I can't go to Denny's and eat a steak. Man. I gotta be a little petitue for some ship like that. Man, I gotta have, you know, gotta I gotta know if this mother for the green feed and all that.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker niggas said grain fed. See that's why I be talking about man, niggas getting a little money in their pocket.
Speaker 1: Now they want grass.
Speaker 3: Fed beef and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Niggas roll by the fuck motherfucker these eggs, free range, niggas walt free range. They want nigga WoT nigga WoT glass bottled water and ship you can't drink the plastic bottles on somewhere And they say, no, steal is sparkling, Yeah you walk yeah, yeah, see that's what the nigga has a sparkling You know what. That fucked me up, nigga. You know what when I first went to the still, you know we were talking about Brixton last episode, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they asked you that steal that spark as like know you mean steal.
Speaker 1: You know the first time I went over there, right, I see, let me try. Somebody at the table was with DJ Cochin and some other people and some other motherfucker with who I leave nameless, said, let me get a bottle of that sparkling. He thinking water. This motherfucker order like five bottles of water, and this ghetto ass just they're gulping them down like this. I get my bill man them five waters. It cost me like one hundred and fifty dollars. I was like, ain't nobody ordering no liquor? We cost that much money? You know. I was wondering this bottle man, Hell yeah, fifty dollars a fucking bottle. Wow. But I'll tell you what though, that shit tastes as good as a motherfucking dog. It was a different taste of I forget the name of it wasn't quite fifty, it was like forty five. Then we ordered some mother shit, man. But you definitely develop a different palette when you start getting some money man for different shit. And I'm gonna tell you this my thing for a minute. I went through my phase, my phase with the cars SUVs. Remember when they first started coming out with the Lincolns and all that and the Navigators. I was in those, man. I would go to a dealership man and drop like seventy or something dog, then go to the rim shot, spend another ten fifteen and just be round the street, just and I would pull up on everybody I knew.
Speaker 2: I think everybody did that, and you though with especially if you came from a struggle and you got your first piece of money. I think everybody wanted to show their success around as far as.
Speaker 1: But I shared what motherfuckers though. You share with people though, you know what I mean, And that shit got old quick as a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you learn quick.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You can't share your wealth too much, man, because people will taking advantage of your situations, you know, especially if they think of your shit came easy as far as that music shit, you know what I'm saying, That came easy and hard as the difficult as a motherfucker. And the worst part about the music shit though, is that there are so many lies being told about these deals and different things like that. Like I remember they said that when Glasses first signed, They was like, yeah, he signed for one point five million. I was like, yeah, yeah, I remember that. That that was going around everywhere yeah, and you know what, you know.
Speaker 1: What was crazy? He would tell motherfuckers and they just couldn't understand. I feel so sorry for Glasses because you know, he was new, Like I would hear him on the phone like cuz I don't have Like, what do you mean, how did to help you your mama keep her house? I don't have money like that, you know, outside of you telling somebody what you actually got, people really know you.
Speaker 3: Why did they publicized it like that? Then?
Speaker 1: Man, I guess that's just to make a motherfucker look thing. But he never came out of his mouth and said that that was all the machine, the machine and Black Wall Street, and so theoretically his deal was worth one point five minutes.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Still they say the deal is one point five but that's.
Speaker 4: If you hit escalators. You sell certain things, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Do certain things, and you gotta put the album. And it's just like with the podcast ship like I hear motherfucker's talk, but not that I'm in nobody else's business. I hope these brothers out here getting every dime they can, like shout out to everybody out there getting that money. Salute to y'all. I don't have a hating bone in my body, but it puts people in a bad position when they hear these overinflated deals. First of all, if someone comes to give me thirty five million dollars, right, that's a lot of responsibility. Right, They're not going to just give me thirty five million. I may get a piece of it when upon signing, I may get another piece after the first season airs. There are too many there are too many variables. It's a lot of shit that can happen between somebody give me thirty five million and I go out there and getting a car accident. I ain't hear no more. It's money gone. You ain't getting that money back. No, you're not getting it back. So a lot of this stuff is really overinflated, or it might be spread up, you know, it's usually split up the seas.
Speaker 5: Like people talk about these NFL, NBA, even baseball, even though I don't really follow baseball. It's like when the dude signs a two hundred MILLI and dollar contract, they don't give him.
Speaker 4: A check for two hundred million. That's not four or five years. And it's all these claus.
Speaker 1: A lot of little clauses. If you go out playing basketball the same like the thing is about the NFL in particular, if you go out there, if you sign the contract and you go out the next day, you play with your son in the yard and you slip on the mother, it might avoid your shit. You might not get the rest of that money though.
Speaker 5: It's all in the language of the contract. That's the important part of it.
Speaker 1: You may not get that money. And you know what, podcasts and everything else. I tell people all the time, But Joe Rogan got this. I also say, yeah, Joe Rogan show is very valuable as well. He has a lot of listeners on all platforms. See some podcasts do good on YouTube, but they don't do shitt in audio. Some podcasts do well on both. And he's in that rare spectrum to where you know, on YouTube and thing and the police believe Spotify got all that shit. You know, Joe Rogan ain't uploading else to YouTube. They gave him all that money they got, that's.
Speaker 3: All they shit now, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: That's all they shipping now. I think people really got a twist. And people would sit up there and argue with you and then would tell you the business that we participated in it. We actual participants in you just hating because they got the bag. Why would I care? You know, it don't hurt me neither one. I love seeing people get money, man, especially in the same lane. I mean because that shoot and shit, yeah we're gonna be able to get it. Check our value is up now, you know. But man, no, like that is just too much stuff that can happen, man, And I think that's the biggest thing that hurts kids in the community because our salt glasses go through that shit and people thinking he had money that he didn't have and he had money, but then people forget too. You got to go do your album off that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of people tend to take.
Speaker 3: You know, people really probably don't.
Speaker 2: Give a fuck, man, And not too many people are familiar or educated with contracts and what you know, as far as recoupment and all other shit and what this is paid for. So, motherfucker alls, nigga, you got a video. Nigga, you got a video in the song on the radio, So nigg you got a billion dollars And that's when all of you know, do for me come and whatever. So that's why I said I've always tried to stay grounded as far as with music is concerned, and not try to be too braggadocious in my songs. It's just like tell stories, like you said, tell stories of modern day struggle of you know, the motherfucker who ain't rich, the motherfucker who struggles and gotta work a nine to five, and you know the nigga who drives the regular car, and you know, and I don't got no Rolex and no chains, and you know, I got kids at home that gotta get school clothes and bills need to be paid. Because when you looked upon as when you looked upon as as these entertainers, people tend to forget that regular life still goes on.
Speaker 1: You know what, I kept regular life going up, bro, because I was working as a A and R the publishing company. And when I tell you, I kept that job for the longest, as long even through all the podcast stuff, I still got up and went to work because I was I never understood the mentality of people thinking, oh, well, you're getting this money, now, are you gonna quit your job? It's like no, for what, Like, why am I see the motherfuckers paying me one hundred fifty thousand dollars a year. Why am I gonna quit? M Why would I quit? You know? And I think people that have never touched money before, they always got to, you know, to think in their mind that I would be doing this. If I were you, I would be doing next, you know. And it ain't necessarily like that. It's just everybody's situation is different. I was always scared because I come from real poverty like Cleveland is. Like I was really poor coming up, like like poor or poor, you know, to the point where I was picking roaches and shut out the cereal, and I just knew I never wanted to go back to that life again. I never wanted to go back. And that's my biggest fear even to this day, of just going back to just abject property man and just you know the way you really just like you come home sometimes and the lights is off. My moms and pops did a good job. They did a really good job, because I didn't go through the lights off shit too much, but I could. Hell, y'all make sure to let them know when they waste food, because it bothers me when they get to and their mom treated like it's a fucking butfait one, I won't spaghetti, the other one I want steak, and she and all this different shit, and I'm like, you know what, y'all need eagles. When I at my mom's house, we ate whatever the fuck she cooked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a very different thing I noticed with the younger generations. Even for me. I didn't grow up like y'all. But it's like my mom made dinner. That was it. There was and I two brothers. It wasn't like each three of us got three different meals.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, y'all ate whatever the fuck she cooked, but that was it.
Speaker 4: We didn't have a buffet.
Speaker 1: And mom and again man shout out to my mom's man and my steppops.
Speaker 3: As a kid growing up, did you know you was poor?
Speaker 1: I didn't realize I was poor until I started going over other friend's house that have stuff, and I would be like, damn. Like I had a friend named Mike. His dad worked for electric company and his mom worked for Ohio Bell, like the phone company, so they both had pretty good income. They was both in upper management and they lived up in the hills. See in Cleveland, everybody lived on the east side. It's poor in the west side, but then if you like, got the heights at the end of your city, that means you doing well. You know, got heights on you know, if you got Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights. If you haven't even places.
Speaker 2: Said hood heights, nigga, if it was, if it was, if it was heights, motherfucker, you was balling.
Speaker 1: And the first thing I noticed, man, that my friend I came home with him after school, right and I was gonna stay the weekend. We stayed the weekend over there. I noticed that he went in refixerator and got the fuck he won't if I win the myr refixator and drunk up all the juice, and I was gonna get fast for you get your fuck. I'd have got my head bashed out the drake and that motherfucker that was the whole. That's for dinner time. Yeah a picture until you're a picture of kool aid glass at dinner time.
Speaker 3: And that was just one glass.
Speaker 1: And I might be able to barter my brother's glass from him, motherfucking glass too. I might be able to take the glass if his ship up, you know, sneaking drink his But fuck that, I really, man, I didn't know I was poor until I start seeing ship like that. But my pinions did a good job because I'm gonna tell you one thing. We always had a Christmas. We always had things giving. It may not have been this ship, but but you know, as far as food and ship, we ate.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Nigga appreciated a fifteen pack of kool Aid with some water and sugar.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like you understand me.
Speaker 2: That was like having like, like, Nigga, we might as well have a two liter Coca Cola in the frigerator. Nigga, motherfucker come in and then moms would be motherfucking real scarce with them packs in the drawer. I mean packs of kool Aid left and there, Nigga.
Speaker 1: We got.
Speaker 4: They had to count.
Speaker 1: We got like we had to count. We had like three or four.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, you're getting no mo so y'all better use that kool Aid wisely.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't no And That's what I'm saying. It wasn't no extracurricular drinking just because.
Speaker 3: You go down you got one glass.
Speaker 1: Look at my kids, you know what they'll do now, wecause we got sodas in the pantry.
Speaker 3: We got yeah, you got everything, juice.
Speaker 1: And all kinds. I watched my daughter.
Speaker 2: Nigga got fancy fucking what you got it? There's some gold peak and some ship, some good ship.
Speaker 4: I never heard of that one.
Speaker 1: My daughter, my daughter of poor glass of Welch is right. She'll work glass welchies. He'd drink a little bit of she could sit that ship in the counter. Then she'd go in there and get her a Connecting Canada drug ginger. Drink a little now, you leave it on the counter, shouldn't have drunk. And I go around chasing because I'm, you know, coming from where I come from.
Speaker 3: I don't wate ship at that old school.
Speaker 1: So I go over there and drink the ship and I drink this and I tell her, hey, why are you doing this? And she'll look at me like on tripping, like why are you making such a big deal. It's just a juice. God, yeah, yeah, because she didn't buy it.
Speaker 3: That's why where kids look at that, but.
Speaker 2: We we couldn't look at ship like that.
Speaker 1: You'll know.
Speaker 2: The kids of today not I mean not to say y'all, but I don't give a fuck about that ship. They don't like like what I say, value the dollar you know, same thing, nigga, you buy a case of water, they look at that ship like it's just warm.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: While you're lifting you find half bottles drunk.
Speaker 1: All in.
Speaker 2: Under the bed, nigga, just in the bathroom, every just half bottles, just half bottles, half bottles, and motherfuckers be like they look at it like what it's water?
Speaker 1: Like why are you let me ask you? Now? Let me ask you a question. You making that move from Compton and going up to the suburbs, what was the biggest first difference that you noticed? Because I tell you mine, if you tell me, you're.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: See, I had left Compton. You know, I had a place in fucking out of a townhouse outside of Compton.
Speaker 3: I stayed in a place.
Speaker 2: Called Hawaiian Gardens, which was right outside of Torigos. So you gotta figure back in like three moving to Hawaiian guard You.
Speaker 4: Get that after its a during that I.
Speaker 3: Got to Hawaiian Garden.
Speaker 1: Man, I didn't get to Hawaiian Gardens till act really Like.
Speaker 3: I want to say, music to drive by.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, because that's not even that far.
Speaker 2: Music to drive by is when I got to Hawaiian Gardens. It's a contant thing, straight checking them. I was still on the block. I was still living in Compton with those two albums.
Speaker 1: You million dollar events, should I wish? Man?
Speaker 2: I didn't get no twenty I didn't get no big advance. My first record is a comptant thing. I think, I know, maybe slip me a couple of thousand, wow. And I wrote it, you know, wrote every song publishing I wrote. I wrote me and chills versus on the whole. It's a comptant thing. Record. I probably got about if. And I want to say it was a big if. I might have got five grand wow.
Speaker 3: So yes, now and that and that's a big if.
Speaker 4: That's total ever period off of.
Speaker 2: It's a contant thing. Yeah, I ain't never seen a royalty check of publishing nothing because unown stole my publishing. So he's still collecting the publishing offer. It's a constant thing and straight checking them, man, So you know that's that's something we gotta deal with. But yeah, I was still living at home. Off of it's a constant thing. I got compensated by him giving me his Suzuki Samurai. That's what I got maybe maybe three stacks if that much, and his Suzuki Samurai is what.
Speaker 1: I got on some new shit.
Speaker 2: But to a seventeen eighteen year old kid who was gang banging and who was living in poverty, Nigga, I thought I was rich. You feel me, Nigga, Nigga, I went and threw me some motherfucking rims on the Suzuki. Nigga threw me a motherfucking shirt wood pull out in that bitch in some twelve inches and Nigga me and chill be scooting around camped the nigga in the hood just you know, because at that time, nigga Suzuki's and then my trucks was the ship was so nigga. I Nigga got black with the chrome, Nigga with the twenties on that bitch and Nigga me a chill up and down the loder, Nigga bumping, Nigga bumping that motherfucking boring the macga that was.
Speaker 1: That was a life to me. Man.
Speaker 2: I didn't give a fuck about money. And when it was time to do motherfucking uh straight checking them, I was still the nigga. I think my me and my sister shared an apartment in the hood. I didn't I didn't get no money. I didn't get no money to win. I didn't start doing shows until growing Up in the Hood dropped, so all before it the end, I didn't do shows. I didn't do I didn't do not one show office account. Let me ask you this one. I mean, because you was famous at that time, dog like you were known.
Speaker 4: We had one time Them Up was playing.
Speaker 2: One time Goy for Them Up played like every five minutes if you had the juke box, if you had to juke, if you had the juke box, one time Gay for Them Up was on might be every five minutes. But I didn't have a manager, I didn't have a booking agent, Like I said, I was still in the hood every day.
Speaker 1: So what's his name was? Robin? You already I'm surprised he can't double becker try to get some of that money.
Speaker 2: Nah, I didn't get no shows off of it's a contant thing, shocking, and then it was in the transition of the labels or fears going through what they was doing. So basically it's a contant thing. They didn't even get promoted. It was just off the fact that one time Gaffle Them Up was hitting so hard on the juke box is what had us sell like two hundred and something thousand records.
Speaker 3: We wasn't getting no radio play nothing.
Speaker 2: All we had was one time gaff of them up in that video and video juke box.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see no show, money, nothing. I was still on the block trying to sell crack and shit because I didn't make no money. And then so when it was time to when they did Boys in the Hood, I just happened to be hanging with my nigga JD and shit shout out my nigga JD from the Lynch Mob. I just happened to be hanging with JD and went up to the movie set and John Singleton he was like.
Speaker 3: You got that song?
Speaker 2: Everybody was watching the jukebox, so everybody knew about one Time God for them up. So he offered me a motherfucking and I was like, yeah, right, you know, And nigga, I ended up doing Growing Up in the Hood.
Speaker 1: And that's crazy you made bread off that? Hell, No, you ain't make no bread off of that.
Speaker 2: No, because unknown was controlling shit was still no one was controlling shit, And so I don't know how much I got from doing Growing Up in the hood. I know I didn't get over five grand.
Speaker 3: Oh hell on record, No, I didn't because.
Speaker 1: Then movie soundtracks back then was giving you was getting fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: I didn't start making money until I didn't start making my own bread like that until Pool came along and offered me the Saint Ice commercial.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I negotiated that with Pooh by myself and they ended up giving me twenty five grand. And yeah he did. He went back to pooling them talking shit because Pool had us growing up in the hood beat as you know what I'm saying, so unknone was bitching. So I think they had to give him some money because he started claiming, well, I'm the one who produced the beat and blah blah blah and so. But I made twenty five grand off that shit. So that's when I started noticing, Heyking, no more nigga.
Speaker 1: On me out. I'm driving the buffucker Sukazookie Sabaradmara, I was driving the Samurai nigga nigga. I was driving the Samurai had a motherfucking eighty four cutlass nigga with the European front on Dayton's nigga, and I had the Samurai. But I'm still living in Counting and I'm like, I'm not understanding, Like I'm writing every song woot the womb. I was getting a couple of shows off of growing up in the hood and whatever, but I was I wasn't understanding while I was you know, why am I still driving the Samurai around? And I ain't got enough money either? Whatever? Whatever that was you.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was my first big check doing the Saint started talking and that's when I started going, fuck that, because that was at the time where Cube left and everybody doing their thing. So I'm like, yeah, man, I'm starting to feel a certain way. Wait a minute, you know what I'm saying. And so that's when that's when. Yeah, and so shit, motherfucking when it came to do it, by the time I did music to Drive By, I was at the table like fuck this. Well that I was at the table, Yeah, I was at the table like fuck this nigga, nah man nah nah. And then I found out the nigga stole some money and you know, he got a publishing deal and you know, man.
Speaker 1: So didn't pillots and people had to break you off some money.
Speaker 2: No, he had already took the money he had already cut the deal. We we found out a nigga was stilling because the nigga got drunk one night and left his check book at the studio and we just happened to go through the checkbook and saw a deposit for a publishing deal. And I'm going, like, how a nigga getting a publishing deal when I'm writing all the songs, Slip doing all the beats.
Speaker 1: How much you get on this pub deal?
Speaker 2: He got about seventy grand sea and back, and he gave He gave me probably about five grand, gave Slip maybe two twenty five hundred and kept the rest.
Speaker 1: Now that motherfucker is a gangster.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Back then anety three, my nigga, break you off seventy grand? Nigga, please, nigga, do you know what I would have did with sitting nigga? Please? But I didn't know shit, nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm thinking like you know, because like I said, I came from poverty, so having a little or something was was was better than nothing.
Speaker 1: You know that motherfucker. Even I don't seen bad deals, but that's just straight fuckery right there.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's that's that was.
Speaker 2: That was the niggas back then, man, you know, and then and the crazy shit about it is it's some motherfuckers who feel that today, like, you know, I'm not gonna give a motherfucker what he deserves. I'm gonna give a motherfucker what I think he should have, you know. And that's what I went through, that era of a nigga not giving a fuck about a young dude, food compting, gang banging.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You know it's from Detroit, right, yeah, yeah, so you know, but like I said, I've also I've never been and even yeah, man, the way you think about it, but I've never been to the point of, not to say, appreciative of the dollar. But my most critical years were I should have been a millionaire nigga. I was getting scraps, but I was. I came from nothing, so.
Speaker 2: Being able to drive around every day, being able to have my own apartment, and you know, I thought Compton was everything. So I'm still in Compton, and everybody know me a little bit because I got the two albums out and you know, I was, I was beyond the whatever, and you know, majority of everybody besides you know, me and quick and that type of thing. But on the other aspect, man, I could basically go everywhere. I went to different hoods and neighborhoods and hung out with niggas, and you know, I still wanted to be considered.
Speaker 1: A normal nigga.
Speaker 2: I low ride up and down Crenshaw with niggas every Sunday and shit like that.
Speaker 3: You know, I still wanted.
Speaker 2: To be you know, when niggas had security and was living in calabasas and mansions and whatever. Nigga, I'm on Crenshaw every night hopping my sixth trade with regular ass niggas because I wanted to be a regular niggas.
Speaker 1: Still, that's crazy, man, just seeing the way, like when you went over the Who Banger, would you say that was part of the label you had the most fun on I cause you could have went to no limit too. I could have went to no limit.
Speaker 2: I mean I fucked with Mac and Who Banging because you know, I felt I wanted to keep my uh my following. I wanted to keep my fan base of the foundation amount. You know, I was hanging with Dog a lot, and Dog had went over there, and you know, I met Pee and all the crew and everybody, you know. But I was close. But like I said, I hooked up with Mac, and Mac was like, you know, we West Coast, Let's keep the foundation of the West Coast.
Speaker 1: And so that's funny because he went and took a bag over cash money not too long after.
Speaker 2: The exactly but uh, you know, it was just like I said, I've always considered myself to be how they how they has the phrase the homeboy next door, how they say the girl next door. I'm the nigga next door. Man, I'm I'm I'm not the nigga who gonna alienate you. And you know, you know we grew up the same and I want you to feel that same way. I'm not no better. I don't want to be posterized as oh that's eight, you know. So that's why I didn't do nothing out of the ordinary. Uh you know, I didn't dress you know, fashion statements, and you know I still wear sweatshirts and regular shoes.
Speaker 1: And I want to go back to this no limit shit though, man, because you know I used to picture him now because you picture him with one of them pen of pixel nook covers, of course, but he'd been sitting on the throne like this with a whole bunch of flyers. They would have had to have they would have had to have my shit have blinged out Lowrider or some shit like that, you know.
Speaker 5: But eight eight and Solo and Wakanda's most want to have some of the best covers anyway, So that was unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Definitely, Like everything happens for a reason, you know what I'm saying. Going through those trials of of of coming out of being signed to a label, trying to figure out your next move, you know, you make decisions.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: What would it have taken me? Who knows?
Speaker 2: But I ended up doing two albums with Who Banging and then after that I've been independent, like just fuck it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not the blame of ship. It's all on my own self. You know, I don't want it. Oh we didn't sell this much or we didn't recoup this or whatever. What I put into it is what I get out of it, and.
Speaker 3: Now that's it.
Speaker 1: That's good enough. So P was really on you. Yeah, I mean a lot of niggas came after me.
Speaker 2: So you know a lot of the niggas, you know, as far as and I'm not to say that I've ever been above niggas.
Speaker 3: But my career started early.
Speaker 2: You know, my career started before there was a Master P, a Snoop Dog. You know, a lot of niggas man, and so I would just like to think that while they was in their hoods or going to high school or whatever, at one point in time they banged some comptence most wanted.
Speaker 3: How could you not have?
Speaker 2: You know, for sure, Pee New Orleans, the West Coast, up in the Bay Area. Rich mac Tn was from Inglewood. Snoop was from Long Beach, you know, so at one point in time you heard some CMW you know what I'm saying. So you have to look at it like a respect name. You know, I respect other artists. So I would hope naturally that motherfuckers would be like, oh yeah, that's it, you know, you know whatever. So mister P was cracking at that time, definitely, definitely during that time he was.
Speaker 1: Trying to sign. That's when he was like the tank was rolling, no priority they you know, they had probably no limit, had priority on the lock and and everything was cracking.
Speaker 3: But like it was like that transition.
Speaker 1: Of the song with Suit the Socker. Yeah, They was all in the studio when I came in that day when I met everybody, and they was like, hey, you know eight, we think about signing eight, so we gonna woopy whoop. And I was like, hey, everything is cool. So you see your face. No, man, the way you was about your music, you're doing that song with Suit the Shocker, he and that mother you you probably would have loved that ship too.
Speaker 2: Big of that about fucking ship. All the way from Cleveland to l b C. Cedigg people have been on your ship going.
Speaker 1: We bought it about.
Speaker 2: It, Finn taking that motherfucking check cop and I would to get it.
Speaker 1: You get bout it about it all day. Master P had some jaming ass records though, Beats by the Pound Dog they all that shit complimented that ship was jamming like a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Like I said, man, Ghetto D. That's one of the best albums Ghetto D.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, Man, I ain't gonna lie, I fucked with I fuck about it about it.
Speaker 2: I think I fuckbody did at a point. You know, it was the new sound about.
Speaker 4: On the tru album, though.
Speaker 1: It wasn't about about the album that was on ice Cream Man too. Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It was on the ice Cream Man original soundtrack or something like that, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: But ice Cream Man. You know why I bought Master P's first album. He was like the first king of promoting shit. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And before he was, he was a master of that.
Speaker 1: Before I even saw his album, I saw a little I was up late at night, man watching b E T. A little commercial came on. You remember they used to run a little twenty second commercial here and the ice Cream Man. I saw that motherfucking ice cream truck right and I was like, who the fuck is this dude? Man? And then I was at the motherfucking record store and I saw that little motherfucker. I saw a poster with him on there again with that little ice cream truck, and I saw the CD, and I bought that motherfucker. When I first heard it, I ain't know what the I knew it was some different shit, but I had twelves in my truck at the time, and that motherfucker was beat and that's all I knew. I bought that that day, and I bought Dj'screw twelve in the morning. Yeah, two great ones right now, And I was on that shit ever since then. I said this shit right there. Always liked Southern shit. So do you consider master P yangster? I think Master P a gangster rappit for Sjore. You talk about the struggle for sure, that's what you talk about. You know, where cash money was more of the rich, you know, but they were still ghettle. But they was the rich. They was the motherfuckers. You ain't even like, you know, the rich motherfuckers is gonna come back and floss and baby and them really live like that dog like baby. That shit you see him doing on TV, that's not no motherfucking act. Stunning, man, is really the stunner man. Ty Reese told me when he was signed the cash Money Man. He said that he went down there, had a block party, and baby was walking around with the three million dollar check that the universally gave. It's walking around the hood where its the projects. It's like showing motherfucker's taking pictures with niggas and shit. Why man, that's stunned. That's what he do.
Speaker 2: Money change people, man, some some people, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: That's probably who he always was. I think they always had bread. It was always some dudes. It was doing that stunning them really lived like that.
Speaker 2: Man, I was right to have bread, man, It's just you know, you got the I just I just wish niggas be more dignified with the bread, like like you know, like a like a football coach tell you when you score, what.
Speaker 1: He tell you, man, be humble.
Speaker 3: No, there you go, act like you've been here before.
Speaker 2: So I just be like, man, wish niggas wouldn't be so flamboyant, you know, with their bread and just be you know, yeah, definitely little more humble.
Speaker 1: Baby is one of the coolest motherfuckers. I don't ever met like a good dude shoe what I'm saying, And I think that's more of the lifestyle that he pushed on people.
Speaker 2: So do you feel if you had one hundred million you would have to be flamboyant on niggas?
Speaker 1: Even if you had five million.
Speaker 2: If you had five million dollars, do you feel you would have to be flamboyant?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 1: No, not really man, especially not.
Speaker 2: But you you know what you come out and you know them them motherfucking thousand dollars leather pants with the motherfucking well.
Speaker 1: I'ma have some shit on. Please believe I'm never gonna have no other pants. Believe, I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 4: You this, give me five million.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you this. I'm gonna have some other pants on. Be one of them fashion nische the niggas. That's your fashion statement. You're gonna be a fashion statement. Why why you won't got a fashion statement.
Speaker 1: I gotta out be a fascist so you wouldn't be like you is right? Just wear this, but every once in a while, you gonna see me with the biggess motherfucking on. Why not.
Speaker 4: Just bottle leather pants. I'm very I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 1: Because I wanted to pay the mother. Why I want the ship because somebody told my woe. Maman told me I look good the mother, Oh my god, and I do.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of companies, eight only two of us right now. I never had another.
Speaker 2: Pain out looking like the rapper joh Lil with them pants on. Man, that hat, he had that dinner shirt on. It was a couple of buttons.
Speaker 1: Hell from out a night video, that nigga still with sharp as the hell. Yeah, I'm gonna tell you this though this I'm be a bigg ass. I'm gonna have be the biggest fun.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're gonna dress like this, but your sweatshirt gonna cost a thousand and your jeans gonna cost two thousand or is it gonna be the same regular ten dollars sweatshirt for off?
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers right here was about three hundred, Oh my god, and these motherfuckers shoes about one fifty.
Speaker 3: But the thing, no, but my sweatshirt was free.
Speaker 2: My pants cost about sixty bucks, and my shoes was free.
Speaker 1: So no, these ain't these I'm not spending I'm not spinning about. I'm not spending all that money on.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just fashion statement, man, I get it. You know what we gonna do, Man, I'm gonna tell you this. You know we're a for renewed right now right, No, I ain't doing none of that, man, I'm gonna go get you a gangster chronicles change. We could both be in this motherfucker like this little motherfuckers really talk shit. I'ma have a big ass motherfucker things. Brown definitely talk ship nigga like, who is y'all? Man? And we're gonna get us some big ass diamond and crusty rolex. Oh my god, domad dim crust prolex gonna start being like stunning man, and I'm just yeah, I'm just making those my mother make mind fake man, make min fake like change. I would never spend no money like that. Yeah, most of them change it was fake though played it. They got a lot of fake money. Man. I know a spot right now, I know a dude.
Speaker 2: We can go get a motherfucking Let me say this before we get out of here. Feel confident in yourself and who you is and and if you got money, if you're struggling, if you don't got money, man, don't be in a position to where money has to change the outlook of who the fuck you are, and you forget who you came from. I came from the struggle, so I always want to be not to be reminded. But you can always fall down that ladder quickly, quick shawl. Niggas didn't call me tight for nothing in the hood. That was my nickname in the hood, Tight because I was tight as a motherfucker when they came and giving a niggas won't go half on the weed on the beer, I'd be like, I ain't got it and probably have about one hundred dollars in my pocket.
Speaker 1: I don't take the route of flocking. I take the route of saving for a raady fucking day. That's how I am. I'm just talking shit, you damn shit. But it saved your money because I want them to look. Like I said, I had my moments just frivle the spending. But it takes you hitting broke, getting broke one time, because I also feel the fuck off. One time when I was working at that publishing company and I had we getting little record deals here and there, and that I was spending money, man, I was spending about like thirty forty a month, just bullshit. And you know what happened. I lost that publishing job, man, and all the little money, the little bit of money that I did happen to have in there that shit window.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you something, ain't more humbling being able to spend as much money as you want to and then your ass looking for a job exactly, ain't nothing more humbling. After that experience, I became a lot more fucking sensible with my money. Man, It just leave too fast. See what I find is this money is easy to get, it's just hard as hell to keep.
Speaker 5: It just depends man, it's crazy because I didn't grow up poor by any means, but we didn't have extra money. So I never had the good shoes like everybody. I never had a bunch of clothes. We we just didn't have extra money. So for me, that's where I developed my save money. Smart with your money because there might not be any extra Yeah, it's real. We didn't miss meals or anything, but of what, we never went out to eat either.
Speaker 4: We never went anywhere.
Speaker 5: So it's like it's just a very different uh mentality. So like we're saying, if I got a five million dollar check, it would be very much like eight.
Speaker 4: I'd still be wearing the same.
Speaker 1: Dude, I would still be in the same house. I mean, I'm being real with but we in l a yacht.
Speaker 3: You won't get no yacht.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I'm talking ship. Dog. I'm like, I'm being real right now. The house I got is fine. I don't want no other crib. I don't want no other expensive if anything. Now I'm trying to stack we not I'm not on the other side. I'm not twenty no more dog to wear. I got other ship to think about in the future. You know what I mean. I'm not getting in there. You see me in the same truck. I mean right now, we.
Speaker 2: Ain't drinking Chris style every day for like a month of that man. Nothing that wilks great juice. You got, you get fined. You gotta put it.
Speaker 3: You gotta put the motherfucker frigerator in.
Speaker 1: You know we got a Miller sponsorship. If anything, I'll be sucking down from the Millers Center.
Speaker 2: We gotta get you a fancy frigerator with nothing but bottles of down p and that ship you you smoke with, y'all.
Speaker 1: You know to everybody else, out of everybody else.
Speaker 2: Is gonna buy your own dispensary and put it inside here.
Speaker 1: So you already on that note, we out of here. We'll see y'all next week. Jill.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you how we go.
Speaker 1: If I lie, my notes will brow like Pinocchio. We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truth. It's not your ever