Speaker 1: Your hat. It's not. Yeah, it should be.
Speaker 2: Well, when you look at the Jaguars on defense, uh, they take the ball away pretty well.
Speaker 1: What stands out to you when you watch them on film?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're sound, you know, they they just do a good job obviously of creating turnovers. They do a good job within their past rush and then you know, sort of forcing the quarterbacks to you know, put the ball up in the air. It seems like there's like space and stuff on film, but they're good at you know, making you think that, and then in reality it's it's you know, tight window throws and tit balls and then that's where you see the interceptions and stuff from the year.
Speaker 1: So they're really good at it. So that's what I see so far.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I mean oftentimes you don't hesitate, you and just pay and just throw it to the spot.
Speaker 1: I don't think you know, the recent interceptions have been resulted those type of plays.
Speaker 3: But I mean, do you does it make you in any way mentally you know a little more hesitant or anything, or do you have to guard against you know, interceptions.
Speaker 2: Making you or hesitant and not just ripping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, there's like a there's a fine line of being aggressive anticipating a throw, anticipating a window and then you know, being able to hold it back and being smart with the ball. So that stuff that I've had to be realed myself with the last couple of weeks just watching the games and stuff. I'm an aggressive kind of quarterback in terms of like anticipation and where my guys are supposed to be. You know, I trust them and I let it rip, but you know there's times where I gotta be smart with it and be willing to take the checkdown and and depending on the point in the game and where we're at the scenario of the situation, all that comes into into play.
Speaker 1: So I do I have to be better at that for sure.
Speaker 2: So yeah, which is the time of the game where I did do you do you feel like looking back at some of those windows have happened pressing a little bit or is it just kind of happenstance?
Speaker 1: And that's when those interceptions are.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think it's it sort of just happened, you know. I'd say the Minnesota the last one that was you know, sort of pressing like we needed it, We needed a big play, So that was that but outside of that, you know, I was just being aggressive regardless. You know, like this last game with the second interception, especially to b A, you know, just being aggressive and I thinking that backer is going to be in that window, and sure enough he was. So it's like being smart in those situations.
Speaker 1: But do we get to a.
Speaker 3: Point a point in the game and I start thinking or pressing, No, just be smart. You know, fourth quarter comes around. You gotta be smart with the ball regardless, no matter what what the situation is in that point in the game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, coming to deal, is it for you to get Depot and potentially back this week. Yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you get the ball in the into Deebo's hands and he can do some crazy stuff and help our team out big time. So have Debo back will be huge. Trent as well, Like, that's gonna be awesome to have him and his experience as leadership and sort of just you know, help out with everything run game, pass game, like that's Trent's the best of the best. So have two of those guys back and uh, you know, give a spark and bring that energy to our offense.
Speaker 1: It's huge. So Books talked about the increased energy this week. Did you feel that in practice?
Speaker 3: I know it was a light practice the last couple days, but yeah, the first you know, bonus practice that we had that was huge. Just you can just feel everyone, you know, excited to get back getting to the swing of things and get back into the groove. And then yesterday I feel like we had a really good practice, just guys flying around and and uh, like I said, hungry, hungry to get on and move on from the last two weeks and and ready to play a game again.
Speaker 1: So we're all excited for it.
Speaker 3: What is what's going on in the last few Yeah, it's huge. We just need to win, you know, we need to win, have that feeling again of of winning and then get on a streak and roll. The second half of the season is huge. First half was the first half. I feel like we all got rested up over the bye weekend and this is going to be a stretch that we all know is going to take what it takes.
Speaker 1: So this game is I.
Speaker 3: Think huge for us in terms of getting started for the second half season. All week yeah, yeah, probably since your rehab, I'm guessing, Yeah, did you come to your arm, how does it responded.
Speaker 1: And Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: I feel like the just not throwing and then lifting, you know, just starting you know, continuing to strengthen my arm, you know, off the field, it was huge. And then I practice it's felt really good. So you know, with the however many games we played in the beginning of the first half of the season, like you know, your arm, you start feeling a little stre at practice and whatnot, but come game time you're ready to roll. So I'm having a week off for the second stretch was huge for me with my arm.
Speaker 1: So yeah, physical, how about.
Speaker 2: The mental aspect? How much did you need to like unflug versus also go back and watch stament self scout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's huge, you know, looking at looking at the good, looking at the bad of the first half, you know how hot we started, and then obviously the last three games of like all right, what's going on?
Speaker 1: What's you know, what can we be better at?
Speaker 3: For myself especially and it was huge, but to be able to like step away from the game, take a breather, understand where we're at, what we have to do is huge for me to clear my mind and and then come back like excited, you know, for the second second half and uh, the stretch of football that we have to play, get some good football that we have to play.
Speaker 1: So feel good.
Speaker 2: Talked about each week being a one game season and is that the mentality now and like this week and then you really don't even think about next week.
Speaker 3: Till next week and yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. It's that's how it is. And honestly, like I feel like that was the case last last year. You know, when we came off the bye, we were hungry and almost like we were playing desperate every single week to win every single game every Sunday, and we just looked at it one game at a time. We're gonna fight and claw and scratch one game at a time. And it all fell in the place that I needed to. So that's our mindset, Yeah, I think so, you know, whenever we feel like our backs against the wall I field, we played some really good football. You know, we're a talented team, and once we like you know, are hungry and set our goals for something, we want it and we need it, like, yeah, I think we.
Speaker 1: Could do a lot. So that's where wrap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just you know, owning up to you know, turn the ball over, you know, how how hard you know, everyone you know puts their time and effort into this whole thing, the organization, the coaches, the players.
Speaker 1: Everyone plays hard. You know.
Speaker 3: That's there's no question, no doubt about that. So I just wanted the team to know and here from my mouth, face to face, like I gotta be better. You know, I own up to the mistakes that I made, and uh, certain points in the game.
Speaker 1: I have to be smart with the ball.
Speaker 3: You know, the quarterback is one of the most trusted guys in the organization because we get the ball in our hands every play to make a decision.
Speaker 1: So just owning up to that and understand that have to be better.
Speaker 3: So just telling the guys that it just came from the heart and that was it, and how.
Speaker 1: Do you how do you hit a reset? You did help your hit the reset for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went to Iowa.
Speaker 3: I was with my my fiance and her family on the farm. You know, sort of just got away from everything, and then you just went back to Iowa State for a game. So everybody just sort of have a perspective of all right, you know, this is life, this is what's going on. Uh, yeah, I'm playing in the NFL for the forty nine ers. But you know, I still have a good life with you know, my fiance and everything to come. So it was good just to be able to breathe and you know, give my mind and my thoughts everything together and regroup for what's to come for the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: So it was good for me.
Speaker 2: After the game.
Speaker 3: Now I've talked a couple of times after, but that one was more, you know, just like owning up just some of the decisions that I've made and stuff with the ball, So a little bit different vibe.
Speaker 2: Young kind of also keep you guys a shot of adrenaline of you noticed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously just his presence, you know, being around, and then when you get on the field, it's like, dang, you know, we got another guy on the edge who can do some damage. And so for all of us, it's like, you know, we have the talent, we have the guys, and it's almost like, yeah, we sort of want to, you know, show chase like the ropes, like this is who we are, this is what we believe in and how we do things, and he fits right in.
Speaker 1: So we're excited to have him.
Speaker 2: When you reach out like three games and stretch. Who do you reach out to for advice and guys like Joe and still reach out to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for this, it's really just been the guys in this building, you know, for the most part, I'd say, you know, it's tough when you're on the outside, like looking in, you know, just because like we all can relate within the building. You know, we know what's going on, we know the truth to things, and so the guys in this building have been the ones, you know, being able to reach out to me and you know, tell me what's going on and they're belief in me and stuff like that. So that's where I'm at with that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Thank