Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois, Welcome.
Speaker 2: In episode one thirty eight, What's right with Nick? Right, Demons is back. He has a few shows left with us, but maybe there's We're not sure when they're gonna be until he moves to LA and then is off for a bit and then is back late at least back on the show. But a proud parent moment for me if I may three kids and Demonse just got back from Los Angeles, where he found an apartment, signed the lease, got ready for his whole new life in LA. Five minutes living five minutes from work, which in LA is such a wine. I was following someone on Twitter yesterday that showed that the drive from Santa Monica to Hollywood at some time yesterday the drive was thirty minutes longer than the bike ride because the traffic was so bad and you're in a spot. So Demanse doing big things, just shy of his twenty fifth birthday. His youngest sister, Deanna, fresh off being cast as Annie in Annie at her school for her school theater, for their big theater of she just got cast without well, she just got cast as Charlotte in Charlotte's Web in their next production. And Demand's middle sister is living her best I mean, you know, let's just be honest, want to be rich New York City kid life, having gone from Cabo to Aruba and is currently on the bus to her friend's house in the Hamptons where she's just spending the weekend before she goes off to college. So all the kids doing great. Demonse's younger sister, not the youngest, but the one you guys have not seen yet, is the one who, over the next few weeks is going to be sitting in Demansey's seat because her bougie school has decided that for seniors at this part of the school year. Don't need to go to school anymore. Tuition stays the same, believe it or not. But they do something called Bridge where they do like professional things. So is gonna be hosting this show alongside me for a few weeks. But let's get right to the show. It's great to have you back. Here's what is not on today's show. Baseball Opening Day missed the cut. Gotta tell you my apologies kind of snuck up on me here, but it missed the cut. A six billion dollar bid for the Washington Commanders. Two six billion dollar bids, which, as my buddy Kevin Wilde said, uh means six billions on enough. If two people will pay it, then somebody's gotta pay more. Speaking of my buddy Kevin Wilds, so I gotta well and also light the beam Sacramento ending the playoff drought that is going to find its way into the show at some point. There's demands top of a Sacramento sign with a beam coming out of his chest. We're watching us on YouTube. I would like to say something about Kevin Wilds. So, Kevin Wilds went on the Bill Simmons podcast, which is the biggest sports podcast in the world, he's gone on it for years, and he does a thing called half baked ideas, and they're very funny. Typically, So one of his half baked ideas was, if you're going out to a bar or a football game or anywhere people might want to fight and you don't want to fight, a product product called detachable cauliflower ear that you put on you know what college flower ear is that the UFC fighters had exactly right, that you walk in and before you walk in you put it on there like it was a really funny, I thought, good idea. Another one of his half baked ideas was a barber dentist, which was every time you go to the b's that when you get your haircut at the barber shop, you also get a teeth cleaning. That way, the dentist doesn't yell at you for not having clean teeth and you don't have to talk to anybody. Thought that was a good idea. But those are his types of half baked ideas. Snuck into the middle of Kevin Wild's half bake was this take and I quote, what about this bill challenge bait in the NFL? Well, what's that, Kevin? And this was the example he used do you remember the NFC Championship game, DeVante Smith caught the ball but didn't actually catch the ball, and they hit that signal, which was to his team saying I didn't catch it. Letturi up teams coaching their guys when they know they caught it to have a separate signal, start freaking out, rush to the line to get the other team to challenge while ago, Oh, you feel.
Speaker 3: Like I did. Oh, it's idea.
Speaker 2: It's because the day after that game, I gave that exact idea, calling it challenge bait and saying that team would do it eventually. Kevin Wilds two months later, does it on a podcast with ten XR subscribers, and now he gets credit for it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was where you were going with it, Like I said something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I said something like that about that exact moment. I've looked this guy in the eye and do tell out here stealing my stuff and not even doing it just so shamelessly. Because again all his other one of his you know what, another one of his half baked ideas was a roomba. You know what, a room is one of those robotic vacuums. Oh yeah, a roomba that has on top of it like a doll that looks like one of those girls from the Shining that goes around your house at night, so in case anyone ever breaks in, they freak out and think you have ghost. They're all very funny, they're all very good ideas. They all also have nothing to do with sports, and they all except for the one that he took from me. All right, let's get to the show, Tomanse. Sorry, Wilds, but that's you and me. You and me. We're done, professor, We're done. Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: So the lamar fiasco continues, and it's getting pretty strange.
Speaker 3: Man. You think him not having an agent has no excuse for teams not wanting if we're being truthful.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now he's on Twitter constantly causing a ruckus logical teams like Atlanta and Washington are openly passing on it.
Speaker 3: Could he end up forcing himself out of the league entirely?
Speaker 2: Okay? That seems extreme. It is not off the board, because he could. You could sit out this year. He could sit out this year. So there's so much here. First, let me say this, Lamartin needs better people around for a number of reasons. One is he send out these tweets that and I don't want to be rude, but they're not well crafted messages if you are trying to interview a sin actually for jobs across the league. Now, I understand some might say his interview processes turn on the film. I get that, but quarterback is the most public facing position for a franchise, and it is specially if you have any holes in your game or any concerns. Folks are gonna nitpick everything, and there is a very unfair but it is reality of a double standard of how we evaluate still to this day, black quarterbacks and whether people question their processing and all this stuff, which ultimately is just questioning their intelligence. And Lamar's poorly phrased tweets do not help him.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you a nothing doesn't help him. He said, check out my fan page. This is Lamar Jackson's website. I'm just gonna show it to you, Demanse. It does not look like a website.
Speaker 4: Of of a of a multi exactly right if you were.
Speaker 2: His about me page on the website has accolades like two time Pro Bowler League MVP. Just bullet points College is the only player, like this is not this.
Speaker 3: Is It makes me feel so bad for Lamar.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it. That's what when I say, listen, I couldn't design a website, by the way, if I designed a website, you gotta have a team around you. And the team around him that he evidently has is this dude his business partner, Ken, who the was reported was calling teams on his behalf even though he's not an agent. Lamar said he's not calling teams.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 2: He and I are releasing the entire gym, which is just like a portable gym setup, and that's his business partner. Lamar also promised an interview with Big Trust Productions that an you hasn't come. He's not handling this properly he needs and by again, this is not me coming. And then I'll talk about the NFL side of it, because I think I think so many people are watching this in so many directions, right the Ravens other teams and Lamar the other I am not coming down on him in a judgmental way. It is more advice, Like people that think they can be experts at multiple things are usually fooling themselves. So I will use myself as an example. I don't really understand how finances, investments, taxes, any of that stuff works. I've never studied it, never taken the time. I have a very base level understanding. I pay somebody. Matt says they can tell from all my tags beets fair enough. That came out fine in the end. Boys, I maybe you guys don't remember twenty seven nothing. I remember twenty seven nothing quite well? Uh that I pay somebody to handle all of that for me because I don't know how to do it. I now that is risky in its own regard. You have to a lot of athletes. When that happens to those people then steal money from them. You gotta monitor it, and you gotta have some level of understanding to make sure you're not being you know, swindles. Yeah, but there are certain Your mom has built this entire store, designed, every piece of it has done. We do the store from we do the show for my wife's boutique and Harlem called Trintage. It's beautiful. She is not great at promotion social media stuff. She hired somebody to run that for the store, someone who that's what they're an expert in. Now life is much much harder obviously if you don't have the financial resources to farm out these things. But if you do and you are trying to maximize your value and all of this, it's almost your responsibility to farm it out. And it'd be one thing if it's like, Nope, I can do all of it and I'm handling this perfectly. He's not, And I do wish he had better people around him. Sorry to you know a football topic already invoke Lebron, but one of the smartest things Lebron ever did was get the people around him that he trusts the most in the world, identify what their specific talents were, use his resources to get them trained in those fields, and then have those people run his empire. Maverick was always a super sharp guy. Maverick and him were tight. Maverick was senior, Lebron was freshman. They won a state championship title together. Maverick went on to play some college basketball. Maverick went to go work for Nike learn I think it was Nike learn about a lot of meet with very rich, very powerful people, learn what he needed to learn. And Maverick is a brilliant guy. And now Maverick has helped build Lebron's empire. Lebron met Rich Paul in a parking lot when Rich was hustling throwback jerseys. He understood that Rich had a lot of the best traits you need to be an agent. Rich went and worked for Lebron's agent at Cia, learned the business part of that business, took his natural skills, and Lebron empowered him to go help start his own agency, which now one of the best in the world. That is one of the reasons he's never had any real public missteps is he has these people around him that can help protect him so he can focus on, as he says, keep the main thing, the main thing. I know it sounds like almost silly, but any of the top top level athletes can either follow the traditional path of hiring people that are already established, or Lebron's path of making your own people the established people trying to go it alone, especially when you are also trying to thread the needle of in your prime franchise quarterback changing teams are getting a fully guaranteed deal. It's too much. It's too much. Go ahead, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I think it's I get that he hasn't hired people, but I still think it.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Okay, We're not gonna hire Lamar Jackson because his PR team or his negotiating skills aren't great. You know that Lamar Jackson's good at football.
Speaker 2: Okay. So it's just like, so that is where I feel like everyone else has botched this. So let's do the Ravens in the rest of the league. The Ravens, as I've mentioned before, they've been negotiating with Lamar Jackson for twenty five months. Deshaun Watson got his deal thirteen months ago, so they had a full year and when the same draft class, Josh Allen got a new deal. When a three years in is when you give a guy a new deal a full year before fully guaranteed was ever on the board, when you could have signed Lamar Jackson, they didn't. They now have soured the relationship to a point to where they might lose a twenty six year old in his prime, unquestioned top ten quarterback. We could argue about would you rather have Lamar or Trevor? You want to argue you quick.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers got picked up after having Lamar Jackson had a better season than Aaron Rodgers when he was in the game.
Speaker 3: He obviously got hurt.
Speaker 4: There's no questions like, hey, I picked up immediately and he was calling the shots.
Speaker 2: So there now, and he's tenures, that's thirteen years older. Bad season. Now, he's not as expensive as Lamar is going to be. So here's the other part of it. I do in my buddy Danny Parkins, who does radio in Chicago and also a great podcast called First and Pod, makes this point, and this point is correct. The single most expensive way to acquire talent in the NFL is trade for a player who's not on your team and give him the new contract. You're paying the top of the market contract and you're giving up draft picks.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's so it's the most expensive way to get talent, the way that the Dolphin's got Tyreek Kill is the most expensive way to get a top flight receiver. I'm gonna pay you more than a receiver, and I'm gonna give up draft picks for the opportunity to pay you more than any receiver, the way the Broncos got Russell Wilson, the way the Browns got Nashawan Watson. Right, So it is not quite And so with Rogers, the contract is very expensive, but it is already in place, and it's not gonna be two first round picks at a minimum, which Lamar would be. So I understand why it wouldn't be twenty teams going after him.
Speaker 4: The teams are saying that his his style of play, you know, is risky and he'll get hurt. But like him and Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers obviously much older, how much longer does he have in the league. Lamar Jackson young just got MVP a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. But I also do think that if Lamar had, if he had two years left on his deal and he was going to go for probably a second round pick and ish, that that's a different you know what I mean. That is a different situation. Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that Carson Wentz went for a first round pick two years ago. That doesn't change the fact that I understand why teams don't want to do what the Browns did because everyone thinks the Browns made a bad deal, you know what I mean. But the idea that there would be no market for him, to me is an example of the NFL, and this is where Lamar has to be careful. The NFL's ownership simply saying, we collectively are not crossing the rubicon of all of these quarterbacks getting guaranteed deals exactly right. And that is where I think good, good management would tell Lamar, Amen, they are conspiring against you. The deal you want is not coming. Doesn't mean I can't get a great deal, you know. It doesn't mean that we can find a way to get you a deal that is mostly guaranteed a ton of protections. But the things we're hearing, like Arthur Blank, who they were all in on Deshaun Watson saying, well, it's a different situation. You know, the injury risk and every game is precious. You were all in on a player the first of all, injury risk. DeShawn has torn both acls. Second of all, you knew he was going to be suspended. You know, you knew if you're traded for Deshaun, he was missing time. You know what I mean? Lamar might get hurt, might not get hurt, but it's not like he's already hurt and it's he's gonna miss the first happen tweet.
Speaker 3: The other day.
Speaker 4: It's like Lamar's pray style, how he sold mobile and runs around a lot. He hasn't gotten hurt, like playing the way that he plays, you know, traditional passages exactly like in the pocket. He never gets hurt when he's running away.
Speaker 2: He's I feel like, speak to his game, correct, I listen. I do understand concern. Okay, I think he's in some quarters an underrated passer, but like I think his deep ball is excellent. Steven Ruiz wrote about this. His ability to change arm angles Allah Mahomes is very good. Where Lamar is not great passing compared to the other great quarterbacks is on what I would call easy throws, you know what I mean, Like Sal He's not as consistent on the layups as you would like a great quarterback to be get that. I understand that. But if we are being as negative as possible about Lamar, let's list the quarterbacks that you could the most quarterbacks you could say are better than him, and we will tie goes to the other quarterback. Okay, Patrick, Josh, Josh, Joe, justin Trevor. Again, if ties go to the other quarterback, and I think Trevor has it because he's the traditional pack up, pack these things working where he's younger, all that stuff, all right. So now we're at five, Aaron Aaron Jalen Jalen Hurts. Now we're at seven. Is that the end of the list. I think it is. You want to say Stafford because he's won a Super Bowl. Now he's a massive injury risk. I don't think you can say Stafford. I don't think you can say.
Speaker 3: Dak No, definitely not Russell.
Speaker 2: Can't say Russell can't. That's the list if we are being the the you know what, Tua may I think that now that's a no. You can't say to a because he's the biggest injury risk right now in the league because of concussion stuff, because you could have one more concussion be done with football.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jones a tie as well.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, but so here's the so again, at worse, she's the eighth or ninth best quarterback in football. Yeah, there should be a market, and I think there are teams like Miami making a mistake not considering this, closing the door on the the Miami just picked Now maybe they haven't. They just picked up to his fifty year option. They could maybe include him in a trade. Detroit. We've talked about Indy. Obviously there San Francisco money, they'd be in hell, but they'd win the Super Bowl. So that you know, I mean, at least to me. Yeah, And so here is what I think is going to happen. I think that what we're going to end up seeing is the market heat up after the draft. So right now, if you try to sign Lamar Jackson and the Ravens see what you sign him to and say okay, you can have him, you lose this year's draft pick and next year's draft. If you do it after the draft, you lose next year's draft pick and the year after. Doesn't it follow logic that every single team that would want Lamar Jackson would believe we're going to get much better. So our first round pick next year will be considerably worse than our first round pick this year. So take the Colts, for instance, if they were to sign Lamar Jackson right now, they give up the fourth overall pick and next year's pick. If they're thinking we're gonna sign Lamar Jackson because we're gonna win the division and be in the playoffs, that'll be the twentieth pick and the following year's pick. The New England Patriots are a team that I think should be in it. The Patriots. Where are they drafting the pick? No, the Patriots are They were eight and nine, so they're drafting like eleventh or fourteenth or something. I'll look it up real quick.
Speaker 3: Surprise.
Speaker 4: Lamar had interesting going there, to be honest, I just I think that's see him wanting to go to Man.
Speaker 2: I think players that have played against Belichick, they are the drafting Patriot chef from fourteen have massive respect for him. Yeah, and I think Lamar looks at it like Man, that defense, that running game.
Speaker 3: That Now.
Speaker 2: If I were Lamar, I would ideally want to just go to the NFC where I could be maybe the best quarterback. And that's why Detroit so Detroit. If I'm Detroit, I'm like, Okay, I have the sixth and eighteenth picks this year. I can use those on premier defensive players. I can then trade Jared Goff for probably a second round pick some stuff and use my following too. You know, twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five first rounders to sign Lamar and in an NFC North who the starting quarterbacks are Kirk Cousins, Justin Fields who will see on and Jordan Love who will see on can go do real damage? I think something happens here. I also wish Lamar would call up David Mulegetta, who was Deshaun Watson's agent, and say, hey, man, what'd you do? This guy was facing twenty three credible lawsuits, He had not played in a full year, he had torn his ACL once already. He had won one solitary playoff game, just like me. You got a bidding war that ended up with a team giving up three first rounders and a fully guaranteed deal. Now, maybe you can't get that for me. What can you get for me?
Speaker 3: Yea?
Speaker 2: And by the way, I don't want to pay three percent. I want to pay one and a half percent. You think David's gonna say no to that, I'm gonna say no. I got a stage through to the three percent. I don't think that. Now. I don't know David. I don't want to speak for him. But that's, to me, the best advice I could give him. Uh that was twenty minutes. Okay, let's keep going go ahead, all right, we're on real quick, sorry, Lamar. Week one next year is playing quarterback for the Ravens? Is sitting out? Or is on another team.
Speaker 3: He's on another team.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you do think this gets done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm rocking with whatever team he's on.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be what you do.
Speaker 4: The Lamar disrespect is crazy. I feel like he needs that one extra guy supporting him.
Speaker 2: How much how much of this is because you like using him in Madden?
Speaker 3: I actually kind of dislike using him in Madden sometimes because of the.
Speaker 2: Errant passing at times. Yeah, dude, he gets frustrated. Yeah, well, yeah, you use this big Lamar Jackson guy. All these NFL gams listening to Showler like exactly now, man, you have to say, and I'm an asshole for not giving him two hundred million dollars. You won't use him in a Madden game? You want me to put my franchise with him? All right?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Katie made his second Son's debut last night, and since coming back, Lebron has led the Lakers to a.
Speaker 3: Split versus Patrick Beverley.
Speaker 4: Stop it both Now the opportunity to catch heat in the final two weeks of the season.
Speaker 3: Which team needed their starback more? Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, oddly the Suns because they need to get on I So there's a lot here before we get to any of it. Did you see Lebron's postgame interview yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where it's like basically naked.
Speaker 2: Yes, So okay, so I mean here, I should have told the cruisers, but there it is. I what do you make of that?
Speaker 3: Do you think that there was trying to show his youth?
Speaker 2: See, I think you nailed it. I don't think that was an accident. Lebron is doing this interview in an undersized towel, right show like let the eye by and out? Uh, I still got it that. I really think that's what it is. I'm the oldest guy in the league that still plays, and I just want to remind everybody because he does weird things sometimes. Because when the playoffs started in the bubble, he intentionally didn't like again, this is speculation, but I know I'm right. He let all the gray and his beard come in as much as like I've ever seen. It didn't cut it, And I think it was psychological thing. Yeah, it was like, okay, ah, you guys are tired, the Bubble's been tough, blah blah blah. I am reminding you I'm an old man and I'm gonna rush and now I think he's going the other way. It's like I missed a month. I'm thirty eight, I'm in year twenty, and I'm gonna do this interview basically in the nude, yeah, and like make it newsworthy to where it goes places to remind everybody, because that was not an accident. Jordan famously would never do interviews until he was.
Speaker 3: Well. But like.
Speaker 2: The suit, earrings and everything, and a lot of guys do that, Lebron, I've seen him do these things shirtless. I've never seen him like that. That was noteworthy to me.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen any player like that in post I haven't seen too many postgame interviews, but that.
Speaker 2: That it hit your radar right on here, all right? So on Durant. Durant gave an interview with the Shams said he doesn't care about his legacy anymore. Everyone's just gonna discredit him no matter what. All this stuff. I don't know that I fully believe him, but set that aside. Here's what I do know. I will vociferously defend Kevin de if they win this title and anyone tries to discredit this Suns team was drawing dead to win the championship zero percent. They had their window had closed. Chris Paul has moved to a different stage of his career. Booker's a really good player, but not good enough to carry a team to a championship as you know as the unquestioned alpha without a great co star. I know they made the final, the finals two years ago and Booker was the best player, but he wasn't. Chris Paul was the was the glue of that team, and Booker was a way overqualified number two. And they lost anyway, The lost four straight. So I think that this is not like the Warriors at all. It's not even like the Nets when they trade for Harden and they look like, okay, they've stacked the deck. It's it's like if the Nets had won the title last year, I don't think anyone would have discredited it. And this Suns team, we have proof of concept with them, seventy games of them without Durant, they were not a championship caliber team. If he parachutes in and they win the title, he gets to me. If he parachutes in and they make the finals, massive massive credit. So I don't think that's going to happen now. On the Lebron thing.
Speaker 3: He's a ring hitman. Well, what do you mean if if you win the title with him?
Speaker 2: I mean, we've never seen We've never seen a team acquire their best player mid season and win the title. We've seen the defending champion Rockets acquired Clyde Drexler.
Speaker 3: So we're still saying Curry was the better one.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't acquire a mid season Oh no, We've seen guys KG and Ray Allen came to the Celtics, they immediately won a title. We've seen that. We saw Anthony Davis join the Lakers. They wanted title. He was the second best guy. But in the offseason, we've seen it. I'm talking about a mid season trade. We saw the ninety five Rockets ad Clyde. They were the defending champs, they were the sixth seed. They end up winning the title. We saw the Pistons make a massive trade in eighty nine and win the title, but again, Isaiah was their best player. We've never seen Wilt was traded mid season. They didn't win. We've never seen a team get their best guy and go win the title, and they'd be doing it having played ten games together. So that is noteworthy. On his end. The Lebron thing is fascinating because I do think the Lakers are a super dangerous team, ring super dangerous Lebron. AD and D'Angelo Russell have only played three games together. They haven't lost. AD. You can't rely on him every night, but when he's good, he's an unquestioned the best. AD is one of the top eight guys in the league. The problem for him is he's not consistently say his bad nights are really bad for a superstar and Lebron come the postseason, man just manipulate every possession. Now they have a huge game Friday against the Timberwolves, and right now the Lakers are the eight seed. They're thirty eight and thirty eight. The Timberwolves are thirty nine and thirty. You win that game against the Timberwolves, you move up to the seven line. The Golden State has thirty seven losses, You have the tiebreaker with them. The Clippers have thirty six losses. You do not have the tiebreaker with them, but you do get to play them again. Could the Lakers move up out of the play in possibly?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: I think it's actually incumbent upon them to do that. I do in this regard the team I would least want to play in round one, There's no way for them to play Phoenix in round one because Phoenix is right now. The Phoenix can't move up. They're the four. They could drop to the five, but Phoenix can't move up to the three, and the Lakers are not going to be able to move up to the five. So you know what I mean. The Lakers are gonna be six seven, eight at best, and so they're not gonna be able to play Phoenix. The team I would least want to play is Memphis because the Lakers have no one to guard Job, absolutely no one to guard Job. The team oddly enough i'd like to play is Denver, but because Jokic, I think you'd have real, real trouble with Anthony Davis and Lebron will put him in a million picking rolls. But the only way to play Denver is if you're in the play in and lose your first play in game and then win your second one. That's how you get the eight seed, or I guess the other way to play Denver would be to be in the play in as the nine or the ten and then win both your playing games. I don't think that's likely. I think the right now. If I were ranking Western Conference contenders, I would go Memphis one, Lakers two, Suns three. I worry about Chris Paul's health and I worry about their continuity. That's how I would have it ranked, and I think the Lakers could be really well positioned. It's worth noting despite Lebron missing a month and missing two weeks earlier in the year, despite Anthony Davis missing a month, since the two and ten start, they are thirty thirty six and twenty eight. They have had one of the three best defenses in the league since the trade deadline, and arrested Lebron with that month off. If he doesn't re injure that foot is a dangerous team next.
Speaker 3: All right, so.
Speaker 4: While you're gone, Jokic beat Giannis in the Bucks. By the way, have you seen Janni's tweet about the trend that he started.
Speaker 2: About the cross Lakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: I thought that was pretty.
Speaker 2: By the way, that is something. Team chemistry matters. Guys liking each other matters, and the Bucks lead the league in there in good vibes and on a playoff run that absolutely matters. But go ahead, So he also beat Philly. He being go ahead.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, Jokic beat Philly, but beat set out and didn't even join the team on the bench.
Speaker 3: Seems like him Bee couldn't rise to the challenge.
Speaker 2: Not true, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Denver has big games against the Suns and Warriors over the final stretch. Even, you now have to admit that Jokic is in the driver's seat for this MVP thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think he's in the driver's seat. Bon Tim's just released his updated straw Pole. It is basically dead. Even it was a weird thing. Jokic got the most first place votes in bon tim Straw Pole, but Embiid was the winner because you get points for first, second, third, you know, and so Jokic had more thirds. Embiid was basically first or second on enough ballots that it over, and Jokic had a few thirds. It really I don't think Yana should be discounted. I mean, last night, I know Drewaliday had fifty one Janis also had a thirty seven point triple double. I don't think Yanna should be discounted in this. I don't. I actually give Embiid credit for putting team success above the MVP. Yeah, because the medical staff clearly thought he needed the game off because he's been dealing with something he knew because he already cooked up Jokic in their first meeting. If he did it a second time, he could have basically I think eliminated Jokics from the conversation. He didn't. His team loses. But Embiid was very good last night and they beat the mat.
Speaker 3: Like you gotta go out there and kill on.
Speaker 2: Well, I listen, I understand that any other games know, I just I just no, of course I get it. I think the but I understand that that is Embiid showing the world like I am really focused on winning. And here you thing. Embiid's never made Round three, not the finals. He's never made a conference finals. He's got to break through. The best players in league history have never made a conference finals. It's like Dominique, Wilkins and Bernard King, they who were Hall of famers, but Bernard's career was derailed. Dude to Andrey. Dominique was in the East and the eighties had to deal with Bird and the and Michael and this Pistons like it was a brutal spot. They weren't guys finishing in the top two MVP three Street years and so right now I think the ballot should be embeid by a hair over Giannis, then a bit of a gap and then Jokic. But we'll see how it will. It is gonna come down to the final week. It's gonna come down to the final week, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, let's see, all right, last week, Lucas said he Luka Doncic said he no longer feels the same joy.
Speaker 3: While playing playing my tiny violin.
Speaker 4: The Mavericks have lost eight out of their last eleven games, and now said at the eleven seed in the west, is there any light at the end of this tunnel for your Slovenian son.
Speaker 3: It's not great, man, I said the little mini violin thing. I feel bad. I'm sorry, that's.
Speaker 2: Listening, man, it's not good. I can't put it all on Kyrie.
Speaker 3: That's really funny at the timing of.
Speaker 2: That, Well, yeah, it's he obviously hasn't helped.
Speaker 3: That is such funny timing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I can't put it all on Kyrie. And put on Kyrie also, Kyrie. It seemed yesterday he tried to have another fan kicked out of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on this? Oh so so let me let me give you mine and go And then I think that there has to be something very extreme, said Lebron situation about his son when he had the.
Speaker 3: Lady kicked out.
Speaker 2: But like so, like so, here's the I don't know what these fans are saying to Kyrie. I know a few games ago he had someone kicked out. I know Russ had someone kicked out yesterday, and I know Kyrie got into it with a fan yesterday, and then the rest say and they.
Speaker 3: Didn't kick them out.
Speaker 2: Here's here's the thing. Obviously, there are lines you cannot cross, and I, without knowing what anybody said, I don't want to like blindly defend any of these fans. I also am, if I am being honest, if I saw Steph Curry, John Morant or Joel Embiid demand a fan be ejected, I would assume the fan deserved to be ejective. When I when it's Russ or Kyrie, I'm not certain if it was ejectable. I'm just not like, if somebody calls Westbrook Westbrook, they don't get ejected from the game. Now you can say that's a toxic part of sports, and I fine, but that this part of I think maybe it shouldn't be. Maybe this is me. I'm going to look back on this and say, oh, that was a dumb take of mine. Years from now, we're more evolved and better. I don't know. Part of being a pro athlete and part of what defines the greats is being able to deal with the hostile road environment. Now there are we know, there are lines, and you should never invoke someone's family, You should never invoke someone's creed, race, you know, any of those things, and I would argue that you should get it. Should be close to a zero tolerance policy on obscene profanity, not because the athletes are offended, but because we still want to be able to bring kids to the games. And it's just no in a zero tolerance policy for any hate speech and profanity. It's embarrassing in my opinion for the person doing it, and there should be you know, but consistent taunting is allowed. So I gotta know, Like if someone says like to Kyrie, Kyrie, every team hates you, Kyrie, You're not getting your money, Kyrie. Those things, I don't think you should be kicked out for that. Do you agree? And I just.
Speaker 4: Look at the people that it is coming. I see where you're going with the with the Westbrook and the Kyrie thing. Look these people, Russ Westbrook, Westbrook, I understand a little bit more because like I feel like he doesn't really bring it to himself because it's people make fun of him because of the of his play with Kyrie. It's like outside stuff that he's kind of like brought on himself. So it's like, uh.
Speaker 2: But either way, again, I think you are allowed to make fun of guys for their play. I don't do it. I think it's kind of embarrassing for an adult to do. But I don't think that is ejectable behavior. So again, I don't.
Speaker 4: Want the tickets because you're that into the game, right you want to correct And I again, I don't know what was said.
Speaker 2: So this is more of a generic conversation the specific conversation. Like I think if you say to whomever you effing suck, that should be a warning. Stop with the profanity or you're out of here. I think if you yell west Brook you're the worst shooter in the league, you shouldn't even get talked to. I think that's totally imbound. I think if you say something about, you know, with someone's wife or kid, you're out.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You say something racial, you're out. You make fun of Kyrie's religion, you're out. Though all those things, to me, I don't think anyone disagrees with it. And again, maybe that's what was happening here. But I have my doubts. I have my doubts when I would not have doubts if Steph Curry pointed and said that person's got to go, I would just know, Okay, they you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like their's did not seem like the whole league love Steph Curry though.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, he's look like most popular players league for sure. It was really but hell, even if it was James Harden, who everyone does not like. He's a polarizing player, right.
Speaker 3: It seems like James Harden doesn't give a damn.
Speaker 2: I agree, which is why I'm saying if he said someone's got to be kicked out, then and again, maybe maybe it's gonna come out. These guys said something horrible and it makes total sense. It just has hit my radar. Seems to be a lot more have fans gotten way worse or have certain players gotten more sensitive. I think that's a fair question.
Speaker 4: Ever since that mood swing post conference postgame conference Kyrie had, that's right up his alley to kick a fan out, it.
Speaker 2: Seems like it. And it's like it's like, you know, they call me out my name, and I'm gonna look him in their eye and see if they're really about it, and it's like, definitely not about it. They definitely are taking advantage of the fact that you are performing and they think it is part of the fan experience to be a drunk idiot. Now again, if we want to.
Speaker 3: Say, tomatoes at comedy shows, oh, are they you? I mean I feel like they are.
Speaker 2: No. Actually, like the old that's an old thing, buddy, there's not I.
Speaker 3: Mean nowadays, not tomatoes like shoes and stuff.
Speaker 2: No, there's no showing stuff thrown at comedy shows. No, not in modern society that you're watching like old Eddie Murphy movies set in nineteen thirties. Like, no, there's not. No one's throwing fruit at bad comics in modern society. Do you just watched gangs in New York or something?
Speaker 3: Or concerts?
Speaker 2: I don't think people Okay, I don't set in modern society. People are throwing things on stage.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you're where you think you are right now? They're throwing stuff one hundred. They are throwing stuff in the crowd. Okay, not in the crowd, but on stage.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna need to see some mapp.
Speaker 3: I mean, the baby got an Adidas shoot thrown at him. Oh and that's a baby.
Speaker 2: No, but that's out of bounds. That person's got to be thrown out. I'm saying that's not allowed, and I don't think it happens. Somebody says Warren't we talking about Luca? Listen, I'm I was trying to fill a buster tonight. I've talked about fact the guy picked a win league MVP and go to the finals might miss the plane entirely. It's not great for my guy, Luca. We did a forty minute a eight block. Let's take a quick break and come back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios. And director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in episode one thirty eight, what's right with Nick? Right, don't forget your listener questions for me or for Deman's put them in the chat right now on YouTube and we will get to them in the next segment. Try to do a quicker segment here, since we did a forty minute a block. When this show was originally created, the whole show was the entire show was supposed to be forty minutes. Yeah, it was supposed to be sixteen minute A block, sixteen minute B block, and an eight minute final segment.
Speaker 3: We've wandered off.
Speaker 2: We wandered off. Remember there used to be a buzzer we used to do. We used to have little sound drops of sisters saying, hurry up, daddy. That scrapped those Yeah, we scrapped them. All right, what are we doing? Conspiracy corner.
Speaker 3: All right, man, Yes, conspiracy corner with NBA texts. Yeah, alright man.
Speaker 2: So you know, look at the picture. Jeez, what I I like that picture. That's good.
Speaker 4: You know how much I hate refs making everything about themselves. Yeah, we're at the point to where stars are closing in or passing on the sixteenth tech threshold.
Speaker 2: All right, let me disclain into the audience. In the regular season, you get sixteen technical fouls, you get suspended for a game. After that, every other tech gets you suspended. So you get a one game suspended for your sixteenth, eighteenth, twentieth, et cetera. That's how it works. So Dylan Brooks has been suspended, Draymond has been suspended and picked up another one. There's somebody else. I forget who, but keep going. Uh, there's some I'll.
Speaker 4: Think, but there's some suspicious stuff going on with who's getting called for what? It's time for demons A's conspiracy corner. Do you think the league is doing too much to prevent big names from being teed up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Lucas the other one, Luca. Yeah, this guy got a TECH and then had it rescinded because he was gonna be suspended the next day, the league's rescinded is technical.
Speaker 3: That's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: So here's what I think. I think Draymond is the perfect example of guys understanding they get away with basically everything once they get their first technical foul because refs don't want to throw them out. So in that game against the Pelicans, Draymond got a technical on and a flagrant on the same play. Talking about when he got subject when no, oh, no, no no, he got a technical and a flagrant on the same play tail end of the first half. He then in the second half picked up an immediate fourth foul and the rest of the game just played like a lunatic and was incredibly effective and was daring the refs to call him for a fifth foul and daring the refs, And we saw in the Dallas game he had five fouls, and he just took license to essentially foul on every play, saying you won't foul me out. In the Pelicans game, he kicked Herb Jones in the head when he already had a technical. He would have always gotten a technical for that previously, but because the refs didn't want to throw him out, so it's a weird spot where Draymond and Luca does this would agree as well. They act so incredulous and angry the whole game that they raise the standard of what it takes for a TECH. And once they get there first, they are daring the refs to give him a second and kick him out. And if the refs let you get away with it, they let you get away with it. And so I do think the NBA doesn't want these guys suspended, which is also why I don't know that you have to have the sixteen tech exactly.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, what's the point in putting that rule there if it's never going to be used? Well, like somebody has to be made an example.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the reason that exists is because Rashid Wallace, you vaguely remember him, He got forty one techs in the season. Now, the refs hated him, and he did some of it to.
Speaker 3: Himself also probably a different time.
Speaker 2: Twenty years ago, but he got So that's like, that is like the unbreakable NBA record because you would have been second for twenty games, like over the course of it, it never happened again. But he got forty one texts in a season. All right, next, what are we doing here? Right a game? Right or wrong? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, sorry we played right or wrong today?
Speaker 4: Uh so we got Rogers versus Green Bay is getting pretty ugly with him going back and forth blaming each other. But it seems like the Packers are just saying the truth and Rogers is misleading people right or wrong.
Speaker 3: You can still trust Aaron Rodgers wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's lost all credibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He keeps saying all he wants is direct communication. And then Gouden Kuntz is like, dude, want to answer our calls or texts? I mean, I I just don't find him to be a credible narrator of anything, of anything.
Speaker 4: I think there's some long lasting effects of the ayahuasca and he's got like a little bit of a misconception on how society works maybe.
Speaker 2: And also, by the way, the ayahuasca thing, I'm gonna sound judgment all here, it seemed less impressive to me and like evolved once I heard he did it with Jake Paul. Jake Paul was with him, according to Jake Paul, doing the ayahuasca like come on, man, like come on man, and the it just he can't.
Speaker 3: Be too much of an awakening around Jake.
Speaker 2: That's my thoughts. Those are my thoughts. I just but the whole all I care about is direct communication. All I care about direct communication. I won't answer my calls and texts. I'm not a fan of it, just flatly not a fan of it.
Speaker 4: Next, at the league meeting, Kyle Shanahan said that once healthy, brock Perty is forty nine Ers quarterback.
Speaker 3: I feel like I called this earlier. You did, I feel like I did. I don't know you did.
Speaker 4: But however, he hasn't given up on Trey Lance just yet. The old adages if you have two quarterbacks, you have none, right or wrong. The forty nine Ers have a quarterback problem.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's right.
Speaker 3: And I what do you think you could get for Trey Lance?
Speaker 2: Not much now, Not if you're publicly saying brock Party has beat him out.
Speaker 3: Or build up the stock for brock Party offer to trade him. I don't, I mean, don't even need pieces.
Speaker 2: I don't think the league wants brock Party. Yeah, the league had a chance to get him, and everyone passed on him at every single one of their draft picks. And in my opinion. He didn't really light the world on fire with San Francisco. I know he played well.
Speaker 3: I ate, I just.
Speaker 2: I obviously have not seen Trey Lance much. No one has. But it is such an investment to not try to see what he can do and what the offense can look like with him if he's healthy, to me, would be crazy, like even legitimately crazy. Yeah, so I think brock party is. They're in the same I was with Jimmy Garoppolo. You're just getting replacement level quarterback play, and I'd be worried about surgery on your elbow and you're throwing on Yeah, he didn't like It's not like you had a rocket arm before that. I'd want to see what I have with Trey Lance next.
Speaker 3: All right, it seems as as if Dame time maybe coming to an end. In Portland.
Speaker 4: Sham supported he expected. He expects potential offseason trade talks. Right or wrong, Dame has played his last game as a Trailblazer.
Speaker 3: It's a little late, bud. What do you mean, what do you mean it's in left Portland?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, listen, do you know what Dame's numbers are this year? Like, give me a guess on how many points you think he's averaging per game? He's played fifty eight games. How many points?
Speaker 3: Twenty six, thirty two? I was gonna say thirty original, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's averaging thirty two points, five rebounds, seven assists.
Speaker 3: Oh bad, dam, it's not too late.
Speaker 2: They well, no, but here's the It is too late because he's averaging thirty two, five and seven. And here's the entire list of teams. The Blazers have a better record than the Rockets, the Spurs, the Pistons, the Hornets. That's the list. That's it.
Speaker 3: So are you saying like who needs them?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying like it'd be one thing if it's like, ah, we just can't break through to a championship, you can't break through to the playing Oh you're the and it's not Dame's fault. Listen, there is one team and one team only that. Because here's the thing, the prome for Dame. What team could trade for him and still be a champion contender? You don't say what I mean, like, what team would not have to give up so much that they're they're still a champion and contender. I said there's one team, So it's like oh, the Knicks not a contenter. Sorry, you trade RJ. Barrett, Maybe they'll do it. I mean they'd be good Dame, but Dame and Jalen brunts and your entire your backcourt both are six to one or under. I don't think that's recipe. Uh. The look in the West, like who could trade for him? Could the Pelicans? Maybe the Pelicans, but then you're relying on on Zion being held. You have trade brandon ingram all the Thunder. The Thunder are an interesting one. They definitely could trade for him. I don't know if they'd be a contender immediately, but they're you know, Dame and Shay. That's interesting. There's two Eastern Conference teams that should be calling repeatedly the Nets, no, no, no, no no. The first one is Boston. Jalen Brown has given a lot of it seems like he's gone and that it's the best the Blazers could do. Get Jalen Brown and a couple of draft picks that would be perfect for Boston. Perfect for Boston, and you can win the title. You have enough defense that even the downgrade from Brown to Dame, you're fine and you can win the title. The perfect fit is Philly. Philly trades Tobias Harris, Maxie and every pick they have available to them. Damon Embiid would be perfect. Dame stretches the defense out so far. Harden if he stays, can run point. Even if Harden leaves, I still think they would be deadly. Uh, that would be a fun team. Man, oh on two ks. But Boston is to me a really intriguing one. And so I understand Dame has said, like, you know, I'm not trying to ring Ja, I'm trying to build it all these things. I get all that, and he can do whatever he wants. But if your team can't even make the play in and you're having a career season and it's not like they have these it's Shadon Sharp's fine. They just they haven't been able to build a quality defense the whole time he's been there. They made one conference finals a few years ago, and that's that's it.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, if you needed one guy at his apex for one game or one series, who would it be. Yesterday on the Herd, you said you consider Shack. Right or wrong, Shack will be the number one pick.
Speaker 2: So this is a take I've had for a while, and this is a fun game to play, which is.
Speaker 3: Who is?
Speaker 2: And I think the answer is right? Who is helped and who is hurt the most? In all time rankings by this specific question. So if we are ranking guys like on my fifty players list, right, so I'll give you a guy who did not make the list, was not even really that strongly considered for the list, but would probably be a top twenty five pick for this question. I get him at his absolute apex. Tracy McGrady. Tracy McGrady is absolute apex. Was neck and neck with Kobe for the best perimeter player for a couple of years, but he didn't stay there, had dealt with injuries, didn't have playoff success. He plummets Who's hurt the most by this? Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan, I had number five on my list, but there are fifteen guys that I would take above him if you're telling me, I get their absolute apex. So why would Shack be my answer that Shaq is my guy at his absolute apex over Lebron, over Jordan, over everyone else. Wild When I was talking to him about this, he mentioned, Steph, here's the thing. Any perimeter player. If your entire plan is to take them out of the game, you can to it. Agree, If you're willing to play four on three, you can just double them the length of the court and they're done. You know what I mean. Like the now you probably lose because you're playing four on three against NBA players. But Wilds was like, so you're telling me I get on fire, Steph. Why would I take that? The answer is because I can just prevent him from getting the ball. Lebron has shown throughout his career if you double him, he is going to find the open man shack at his apex was doubled every play, And this is what I want to remind people of Shaquille O'Neals. Apex was those three straight finals with the Lakers. The first finals against the Pacers, he averaged thirty eight, seventeen and three with three blocks a game. His next finals against the Sixers, who had the defensive player of the year to Kimbe Mutombo playing center, he averaged thirty three, sixteen.
Speaker 3: And five, slowed him down a bit with.
Speaker 2: Four blocks per game. The next finals against the Nets, he averaged thirty six, thirteen and four with three blocks per game. So Shaquille O'Neal over the course of three finals.
Speaker 3: This is what he did.
Speaker 2: He gave you forty four minutes per night. He averaged thirty six points per game. He averaged fifteen rebounds per game, four assists and three blocks over three consecutive finals. He's my number one pick. My picks would be Shack one, bron to Jordan three for peak of their paw our NBA history for one game or one series. Now that like that does not mean that they are the that that is the all time rankings. Who else trying to think like modern so like of current players, guys who are like really helped by this is a guy like Donovan Mitchell. An a triple plus Donovan Mitchell game, he ranks way higher than his actual ranking. A guy who's hurt by this is Jokis, you know what I mean, Like because his highs aren't as high, but he's so consistent. So I think Tatum is hurt a bit by this. Tate's probably top five player, but I don't think there's five. I think there's more than five guys.
Speaker 3: Well, I take you out him and that's him versus the Bucks last year.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, But I I think so maybe he stays about where he is. Maybe that's about right. Maybe he stays about where he is. I'm trying to think of who is a guy who is hurt by this as far as his you know what? In this right now, we'll see if it changed in the playoffs. Lebron's probably hurt by this a bit because Lebron doesn't have those like monster games so much anymore. But it's a fun conversation to me, and it's a different conversation than the greatest players ever.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, Ronnie James took himself to a whole new level in the McDonald's All American Game. Yet he's still not committed to any school for next year. Right or wrong, Bronni will be a Trojan.
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I don't have an answer on this. I know he crushed. I mean, I gotta give this kid credit, man, I mean, he's like turned himself into a legit top ten prospect. It's unbelievable. He's even out his shot. He's got these great instincts. I saw somebody say he has his dad's athleticism, and somebody correctly said on Twitter, no one currently alive has Lebron's athleticism, including Lebron anymore, which is accurate. But uh, I mean, I don't know where he's gonna go. I do think he'll add some breadcrumbs to where Lebron's gonna go.
Speaker 3: I do think that.
Speaker 2: All right, we got one more. As you guys all know, Demante was off last week looking for a place in Los Angeles. Right or wrong, Demanse has already gone Hollywood, and this is a YouTube exclusive where we're gonna show you guys something that I don't know if you guys are ready for. Has Demanse already gone Hollywood? And we had to crop that picture because we weren't sure if you were pulling the Lebron and just naked under a towel, But you're in a parking lot showing off your body on Instagram.
Speaker 3: So there it is.
Speaker 2: There's Lebron and Demonte in the steamer room. I do gotta say, you're in great shape, buddy. I'm happy for you. You look great. I was surprised to see that on IG I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really.
Speaker 4: I don't really post on there because you know, I do the podcast, so I haven't really found my middle ground as far as whenever I post something, I feel like people look.
Speaker 2: At it like like you're a public figure.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, is that what you were gonna say?
Speaker 4: So I was just gonna say, like, I feel like, when you see me on this podcast, you don't really expect me to post something like that.
Speaker 2: It's like, yes, it's you know, it's the private life, public life exactly.
Speaker 3: But that was me before, like I mean, a long time ago. I guess. I kind of like, but it's a yeah, what do you mean that was? That was?
Speaker 2: That was taken this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm saying that that's how you posted exactly to do it exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I was gonna say, are you like you're posting old pig look how good I used to look? Okay, No, that's fair. All right, I hear. We have a surprise package to open and we answer your listener questions. That's next, what's right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in episode one thirty eight, one of our longest episodes ever. It's great to have Demanse back. I think this might be your best performance. You've done a great job. Before we get to the listener, questions. You guys have a surprise for me.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So it's obviously been a while since football season ended with all the success from the Chiefs and the Jaguars gave you a really big hit. Okay, so we've got the perfect thing for.
Speaker 2: That, my hat. My finally, Oh custom, I didn't even know. Oh my goodness, Okay, I see what I was supposed to. Oh, oh that's how they work. Oh, we've got the big hats, all right. Well, Demanse gets these put together and then I'll put them on. I'm gonna read some listener questions because this is gonna take a minute. Try not to break them. Don't break them. Uh. Negative four and two said which teams would be ideal in signing Zeke from both perspectives. That's an interesting one. I his market is not gonna be that strong. I you know what, I shouldn't have read that question because I hadn't really thought about it that much Detroit. Maybe because Jamal Williams is gone, but I haven't really you know what. I'm just gonna be totally honest. I haven't been studying teams running back depth charts post free agency. So I'm gonna answer to that sorry, negative four and two. Ronnie Lucente said, Nick, what do you think about Bronni and what do you think is the best route for him and Lebron to play together both league wise and fatherwise. Well, here is the other interesting thing about Bronni. Once upon a time, I felt Lebron was saying, you know, I'm gonna go to wherever Bronni gets drapped by as a way to ensure Bronni gets drafted. But if Bronni keeps this upward trajectory, he might be a lottery pick, in which case a bad team would be drafting him, in which case I don't know if Lebron wants to do that. So that's it's kind of a fascinating thing. I don't know. I know he wants to play with him, I don't know what the exact plan is, to be totally honest. Next, h Nick, though you don't believe in the nuggets, oh you have them with a small slice championship Pie, what does denver path to a championship looks like? Denver's path to a championship looks like this. They're obviously the one seed. They get Minnesota in round one and beat them. They then in round two, get the Suns or the Clippers, both of which are dealing with injuries, and they beat them. And in round three they get Sacramento and Sabonis can't deal with Jokic. That's their path. Now I'm putting on the What's right hat. This is awesome. Yeah, this is great, And I'm wearing the Prince that was promised hat at work. These big hats are sweet.
Speaker 3: Man. Oh yeah, see, I gave you that one because it didn't match my fit.
Speaker 2: So oh that's fine. You can wear the prince that was promised You're a Trevor Lawrence guy nowadays.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Average player asked do you think the Nuggets should trade Michael Porter Junior and Murray for Dame?
Speaker 2: Well, that trade wouldn't work, and I don't think the I think the Blazers are gonna want draft picks. I think the Blazers can do better than Michael Porter Junior. H Henry Miller said, never participate in book book club before a Little History of the World, but I really enjoyed reading it week to week with you guys. Do you have any other book recommendations?
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 2: We'll pick that up again, probably post NBA. What you have a book reader.
Speaker 3: I have a book for you, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's that?
Speaker 3: Titles a little long?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me while you're looking it up, I'll read this. Do you play the fut Champions on FIFA twenty three? Uh? I did not. I have not played it, so I didn't. I can't tell you what the max wins I got in twenty wins? What's the book? Is this a book you've read? Demase?
Speaker 3: No? Then why the animal Kingdom is full of con artists? I don't think that's what the book is called. Let me see mine.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's in the it's in the New Yorker. It's it's I talked about it with Nana a lot in Naruba. It's pretty funny, oh okay, pretty funny, very interesting, like some some birds have like warning calls, Like it's basically about how the animals they lie and then they cheat you Like, is this a book or is this?
Speaker 3: I think it's like you go down to.
Speaker 4: A book, like there's a book on there and maybe it's just a banana said that it was.
Speaker 3: A book that she she went, oh okay.
Speaker 2: Abbreviated version of Bates story in his new book The Liars of Nature and the Nature of Liars.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's that's the book. You definitely should get it.
Speaker 4: There's a little anecdote about, uh, this bird that has like a warning call and where other birds are eating, it sends out the warning call, so they think that there's danger amongst them, and then he goes and gets the food. Really yeah, okay, awesome, I will. It's like a bunch of animals that have like created these things. I love it to see if other animals that works in their favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm texting myself the link to it. Okay, you're getting a phone call from Kansas.
Speaker 1: We have to go.
Speaker 2: This was a great show. Uh yeah, there it is Liars of Nature in the Nature of Liars. See you guys on Tuesday. What's right,