Speaker 1: The volume. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I am your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host The Liberty City Legend, The Bengal Ring of Fame, Hono Reed. The Pro Bowl will be all Pro. That's Chad O Chosenko Johnson and joining us tonight. We have a very special guest to talk all things basketball, all things NBA Playoffs. Y'all knowing he's known as the Glove Oregon State alum. He won an Olympic gold medal, he's a Defensive Player of the Year in the NBA, and he's one of the seventy five greatest players in NBA history. Let's put some hands together for mister Gary Hayton. GP pays for joining us. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and go thubscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for tuning in. Thank you guys for supporting us.
Speaker 1: The Draft Show all the way, all the draft things, and now we're back to the NBA Playoffs. Thank you guys for your continued support. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you cannot find Shape by Laportier in a city or state near you, order it, we will ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms. Shay Shape Media add my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: The link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour are on sale. Eight stop goes as follows Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, LA, Miami, NYC, Chicago and Detroit. Tickets can be found at Shayshapmedia dot com slash Tour Shayshapmedia dot com slash Tour. That link is also penned in the chat. I guess guest lineup is looking really good. You guys don't want to miss it. Guys, go get your ticket, support Nightcap and your favorite unkin Nephew, Uck and o Jo. We had a very eventful day. A couple of the games were really close interesting the others. First let's start with the beatdown that we just witnessed. The Pacers blew out the Bucks one twenty nine to one oh three. Dame have a potential Achilles tear. I don't want to play. It didn't look good because when he went down, GP, he grabbed it back of that. He grabbed the back of our ankle. And we know what that seems to indicate, hopefully is not that. Let's keep our fingers crossed, let's pray for that. But they blow them out one nine, one o three. The Pacers eight guys in double figures, seey'all come twelve points, Nie Smith fourteen, Turner twenty three, nim Hard twenty, Halliburton seventeen with fifteen assists, uh Obie Topping had thirteen, Walker Well and TJ.
Speaker 2: McConnell had fifteen.
Speaker 1: And the Bucks only had three guys in double figures. But it wasn't nearly enough. You could see a lot of the momentum leave the building. What's Dame Dollar went down without achilles injury?
Speaker 2: GP. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: If you played, I don't know if you had any severe injury that was career threatening.
Speaker 2: What does this mean for Dame?
Speaker 1: If this is what a lot of people are surmising or suspecting that it might be.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, shining.
Speaker 1: It's like this Dames here from Oakland, California, where I'm Trump, you know what I'm saying. And I grew up with his pops, and we got the same agent, you know what I'm saying, and I got the message for him there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look really really good, you know what I'm saying. Dan just didn't bang from what he was injury that he was from. He only had one game back. It doesn't look really really good. You know what I'm saying. That's my guy. That's like you to me.
Speaker 1: I don't like I just don't like the injury. I think this is not gonna be good for Milwaukee. Milwaukee is not that basketball team that everybody needs to see. Then they can't compete with this young team in Indiana.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not looking good and I don't think it's gonna be looking good. I think this is gonna be a terrible, terrible news for the Milwaukee Bucks. I'll be let you go in just to say it. Ohoe was this Yannis? If if they get swept in the first round again, is this Yanni's last game in Milwaukee. Well, they're not gonna get swept. You know what shy I mean, I mean they get I mean. What I'm gonna think is what's gonna happen shanity is they're gonna make a retool of everything. You know what I'm saying. They gotta think about everything. They gotta think about how they're gonna get better. What's gonna happen. This team is not the same team. They try to make trades with Middleton and all that, it didn't work. I think they're gonna retool this whole team. I don't even think Dame's gonna be there next year. I'm gonna be honest with you. You know, it's something that they got to retool about. This team is not the same if they get if they get before one this in this series, I think they're gonna retool everything shattering.
Speaker 3: Oh go ahead, hey, listen, we talk about retooling gp Uh. This is what's gonna happen. Listen, My ears and eyes aren't too are his closest to the basketball world as U GP But I can tell you this. Jonnie was already frustrated. Giannis was already frustrated being in Milwaukee, uh and not winning. Obviously he won a chip already, but the addition of Dame dollar was supposed to be that of one that got them over the hump.
Speaker 2: Now if they have, if they if they get.
Speaker 3: Swept or gentleman sweep as we so call it, uh, I think he's gonna be frustrated and probably asked has to be out uh with with Dame, with Dame obviously being hurt. Hoping I'm hoping for the best place him that is not as not as bad as that is what it looked like.
Speaker 2: I don't think Dame will be there as well.
Speaker 3: But knowing Joannie, especially with Dame coming off in a Kiddy's injury, if that's what it is, I think he's gonna ask out and just let me just throw that. I'm just throw this out in the park. The best place for Yannis to go is to go from the Bucks and come on down here to Miami because we need a superstar.
Speaker 2: I just I just had to throw that out.
Speaker 3: You yes, so, so the football so the so, the so the basketball guys can hear that, and I can manifest that for us down here the crew.
Speaker 2: Let me let me tell you about that. You I get it.
Speaker 1: But you know these these are gonna be big trades. You know, get you gotta give a lot of people away.
Speaker 2: Oh you go.
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna be asking for a lot from Miami. You know, probably for a draft picks. Man, them players are going to beat their top like hero and bam. You know what you're trying to say right.
Speaker 2: Now, Chad is I get it. I get it that that's what you want to say.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna have to put one of them dudes in and then when you get away get rid of a lot of them players, You're gonna come with a lot of other players that you gotta bring along, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So who you gonna you're gonna keep?
Speaker 1: They're gonna try to get rid of bad If that's that's the case, that hero is gonna be there, and then it's just only gonna be a hero.
Speaker 2: And you're honest. So we we gotta understand that.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be a lot because they're gonna have to make They're gonna give a lot away to get that kid.
Speaker 2: See, I understand exactly.
Speaker 3: We just talk about to give me, give give me in a y chat, y'all stay with me real quick now now, I said, I sat down yesterday.
Speaker 2: I sat down yesterday with.
Speaker 3: Pat Riley and Micaerrison, and we we came down with a game plan based on what we want to do and and try to facilitate a way to get the heat back to what we used to be at one time when we had our big three, when we had Bosh, we had d Wade and we had right there. First off, you learn two o six, I got, y'all championship baby, it was up. Sorry, that's fine, Yes, yes, sah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: You're right. One thing about it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna forget history. I remember history. I remember I remember history. So what I'm thinking about I was talking with with Pat yesterday.
Speaker 2: We sat down.
Speaker 3: You know, we have have a couple of tea, a picky finger out and I asked him, I said, listen, we need to do what we need to do. The Grizzlies they got swept. I think we need to make a move for John. We need to make a move for John. And I said, listen, I.
Speaker 2: Have to give up pieces, oh Joe, you think people just gonna just take jaw?
Speaker 3: Listen Before listen, before you start, before you before you started painting, you got a canvas, right, So the conversation pat right in the hat. It was the canvas, not allow us to work, not allow us to paint. We didn't even get to the painting part. Yet we're gonna figure out a way to get it done. Now we now, not only we're gonna get Yannis, we're gonna find a way that John Morant down here as well. And I think we get listened them two. Then we build around Jah and Yanni's down here Miami.
Speaker 1: And how you gonna get both of them without giving up everything you got?
Speaker 2: Let's and we don't.
Speaker 3: We don't have a problem giving up everything we have because we can build with those two as a future.
Speaker 2: No, you can't, because here is the thing.
Speaker 1: See you thinking everybody gonna make the same mistake that Nico Harrison made, giving up Luca basically for evil swap. Now, y'all gotta understand Nico, my guy, he doesn't he's a president.
Speaker 2: He doesn't own that kem for you to give away.
Speaker 1: Look, did it when you give up Luca? You gotta have permission to give up Luca. I don't care what y'all put that on Meko. Everybody trying to put that on Miko, don't do that. He gotta be have permission to get rid of that guy, you know what I'm saying, And that that owner she had to say, yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Do it, don't don't give it on him.
Speaker 1: Sure, he had to get permission to get rid of him, and it had to be a lot of more reasons to give away Luca.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just because we're trying to make a deal.
Speaker 1: It's because something else in that situation had to say, I'm ready to get rid of this guy. I don't want to give this guy three hundred and fifty million dollars because he's not being that guy in Dallas who he was. And that's what you guys gotta understand. He was doing a lot more things in Dallas for them to get rid of him, you know what I'm And that's oh yeah, for sure. It's kind of like it's kind of like Adam Silver's commissioner, Roger Goodella's commissioner, and people get mad at them, but they work at the behast of the owners. The owners run the league. Adam Silver is just the mouthpiece. Roger Goodell is the mouthpiece, so you have to take all the bullying.
Speaker 2: Oh Jr.
Speaker 1: Remember Thursday Night you got man they buing the commissioner in yep. Yeah, they can't bull the holders because the holders don't get intoduce, so they they buot a commissioner.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: But in a situation like that, think about what Minnesota gave up to get Rudy Gobert, Think about what Phoenix gave up to get Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: They're not a whole lot of teams other than the only team.
Speaker 1: That I can thinke up off the top of my head to have the kind of draft capital and some of the players that a team might be adduranceed in is okay. See they got thirteen first round pick and pick swaps and Jayalen Williams. I don't think they want to part with Jayleen Weaves. I really don't. They're not getting rid of shape, So don't even call. They're gonna hang up on you, and then everything that you say after that is gonna be moved. So it is just hard when you trading superstars. If you're gonna talk about job and and and Yanni is you're gonna have to get like five or six teams involved.
Speaker 2: GPU got a team, what shatty? You're gonna have to get four teams at least to get.
Speaker 1: Ready two of the stars or some of their stars, and a lot of draft picks. You know what I'm saying. So let's talk about like see, they not giving a ready nobody. They just swept. They just swept the team. So I ain't even tripping off that they young and they gonna be cool and they little young point guard about to get the MVP a league.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's gonna be hard with Joker, but he gonna gonna think he's gonna win the m v P. So it's like this, they're not gonna do anything for these teams to be where they gonna be.
Speaker 1: They gonna have to give up something, and they gonna get up a lot. It's gonna be a lot.
Speaker 2: To give up. And we aren't. We're not gonna sit here and shintol code. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have to give up a lot of their players, and they're gonna have to restart.
Speaker 2: Chad.
Speaker 1: If I am't give up anybody, they're gonna give away their whole team. And I know Pat Browley too, you know latefully him, he'll fool around and do that, but he's not gonna give away hero right now and all them dudes, because I just I just can't see it. You can't give away the mules for a young young peace and just say you gotta give me away these guys and say I'm gonna be rebeald with them, and they are.
Speaker 2: They can't do that.
Speaker 3: See, this is the thing that this is the things EP Like I understand you played for Pat. You have a great relationship with Pat right and it with with great understanding, and this is some of the things that out of character for him to do. But right now Pat and Mickey they're in a different situation and we want to get back to our winning ways. Can we get back to our winning ways with this with the squad that we collectively have right now?
Speaker 2: Now? We we we we got some players, We got a good squad. You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, they put on their they put on their hard hats, they make it. You know, they they play just well enough to make it to the playoffs. But we don't want to be we don't want to do just well enough. Like we want to get back to the upper echelon of coming out of the East and actually challenge and contending for NBA championship, And how do we do that? We have to do something that's out of character, similar to Dallas did tell Pat to sit back because here he does.
Speaker 2: GP. You know this, your son is in the currently in the league. It's a different league now.
Speaker 1: That iron fifth and that ruling like I'm dictator that ain't flying with these young cats no more. All that Pat Rowley, you taking cookies and it's gonna be my way or the highway. Guy says, okay, I take that highway. You see Lebron James left because he took cookies. He had a problem with Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler left. So you so what do you think Johnny feels Jannie is an apex predator. You think you're gonna be table to talk, but Johnny's like you do Tyler him.
Speaker 2: Listen, you heard what you just said. Uh, you heard what you just said. Listen. People like that have ability to change and understand that chat. Huh he hasn't. No, he's not this you listen.
Speaker 1: Me and Shannon Is said almost in the same era, chat, Hey man, you know you you're a beef like me, baby, Yes, you mean you York State.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Well, right now this Erar is a lot different. Man.
Speaker 1: They controlling things in this little eraror right, and we we we gotta accept it there the controlling things. So what's gonna happen is is that Pat gonna try to get right, but he got to get that player that's gonna be really the do whatever. And to get Yannis and to get a Marne you're gonna you're gonna have to pay a lot. So think about what happened Memphis hot fire that coach in the middle of the season and five and five in the sea and because of whatever happened, whoever did it, whatever happened and it didn't work, didn't work.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking about the same thing.
Speaker 1: Johannisyn't go and cry all they want to do. But we ain't got a lot of players out there that's gonna get out like that. Now, you know what I'm saying, Because a lot of these dudes want to play with each other.
Speaker 2: So who want to play with Jannis? Who want to do that? Who want to take a two year, three year deal and say I'm going to Milwaukee. Ain't too many people coming to Milwaukee. They want to come?
Speaker 1: Is now where can I go? You can come to line me. But how you gonna give up? You're gonna give up all your team and then you're gonna have two players, and then you gotta fill up thirteen more positions. I give you a prime example, o Jo GP you and you could you could attested this. It's the same thing to happen when Carmelo Anthony left Denver and went to New York. They had a nice team if they could have kept that team and got Carmelo, but when they got Carmelo, the Nuggets gutted them. And now look what you got. You got a superstar in New York. And Carmelo was a superstar, but he had nothing. And so now and then you then you went and got a to my boy Ai he was he was agent.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So what you gotta do is what is you gonna put with these dudes?
Speaker 1: Man? Nowadays, in this emp, you don't want to gut your whole team, you know what I'm saying you.
Speaker 2: We could take Oklahoma City for example.
Speaker 1: They didn't cut they seen team, They start drafted drafted, drafted, and now look out, look at him, gotty yard.
Speaker 2: Now not gonna gut, not gonna gut everybody to do that.
Speaker 1: And I don't think that's gonna happen because this team will walk if they look. I don't know what they don't do, but they not gonna be sitting around here and say we're gonna give six seven players and four five draft picks for y'all.
Speaker 2: It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: No, he's not basketball player for y'all to get rid of y'all team and say, Okay, we're gonna build around him and do this, that and that, but we ain't got nothing around me. It ain't gonna work. It ain't gonna work like that. No, cause you look get this game. I mean you look at the bucks outside of Yannis and day, they really not that good. Brook Lipans played fifteen minutes tonight. He had six points. He had one rebound, one assist, one steal, one block, four personal files. Here's a guy that seven foot tall and I don't think he's ever averaged more than eight rebounds in the season. Let that seek it. He's seven foot tall. He doesn't want to play with his back and once upon a time, GP he played with his back to the basket. Now he's a seven foot perimeter player. That's no good because Johnny's needs to knee space, so he has to space. He has to stand out there. It serves you no purpose. Dame goes down. Now you look at this lineup, Kyle Kuzma. Now everybody could play well, Kyle Koman didn't have to get them. He played sixteen minutes tonight. He was one for six, oh for one from the three, one for two from the free throw line. He had zero rebounds again, one assist, no steals, no blocks, zero turnovers, three files. Hey, Doc, that's on you because you say, how can you get in the rhythm if you don't shoot the ball. You're the head coach. Is your job to Diagraham plays, to put him in position. That's again. Now remember o Joe the other stand line the other night, it was zero's across.
Speaker 2: The board the boy.
Speaker 1: Now at least he made one shot, at least he made one free throw, and then he had one. No, he had no rebounds, one assists, no steals, no Im Shannon, these are basketball players you're talking about. You trying to put something on them. Man, listening, man, and in all my age, in my era, Man, these dudes gotta get out. Man.
Speaker 2: These ain't players like that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We only talk about athletes. We talked about players in my era.
Speaker 1: Man. In the nineties, Man, we had players. Man, that's gonna go get here. Not so think about that. Man. You trying to put something into some players and we ain't in there that situation to have that type of role.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying. That ain't the type of role. Yeah, Man, they ain't in that type of role. Man, you ask them to be something.
Speaker 1: Wait, when have you ever seen these players that you just lay be a primary or a player that you need to put in that role? You ain't never right. That's why that's why the Lakers were so willing to get rid of him. That's why that's why the Wizards was so willing to get rid of him, because that's not.
Speaker 2: That's not what he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can get hot and give you twenty five, give.
Speaker 1: You thirty, but routine. If you go back and study Kyle Kuzma, this is what he is. He's wildly inconsistent, and it's hard to be a championship team unless you got when they wanted the bubble, that ad player, that best ad. You had Lebron len four, then he had he had Howard and he told you all that when he was thinking, he said, Man, my best position at the four when I can get out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that's how that game goes. It's just life with the Lakers right now. They do not have a chemistry. Man, with that team.
Speaker 1: You watch one person on one side go one on one, watch the other player go one on one. You can't win at that type of basketball right now in the NBA. You can't watch that. That's why they're not winning. That's why that little young that team in Minnesota, who got that little dog.
Speaker 2: Down there on efforts. They know who the dog heat the batman. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: On the Superman and the mother dudes come within. I feel what I'm saying, and he knocking down shots.
Speaker 2: But that's what they do.
Speaker 1: Man. They're young and they're getting added. That's why he up three one right now. And we gotta understand that basketball right down, Chad. You know it. It ain't like it our day man, when we had four five people on that on our squad that can get Am. We had a one or two or three and a five that nowadays you got one or two guys on the team that's get down.
Speaker 2: That's it. Ain't nobody else gonna get am, y'all. And if you ain't got the right Keemi Street, you not gonna win basketball games, right Dang.
Speaker 1: Looking that this game, I mean, I mean I watched this game from starting to finish. I never felt the Bucks were gonna win this game because the other night when when Milwaukee won, you got thirty seven point of career high from gred Trent Junior.
Speaker 2: What was the likelihood he was gonna be able to replicate that?
Speaker 1: Because at this juncture, yeah he's a streaky shooter, but what was the likely likelihood of Liken him striking twice? I didn't think it was gonna happen. Now that I think y'allis can go get thirty seven again? Sure, absolutely, But and I said this so show you, and I was talking about it. I said, I'm looking at I'm looking at the Pacers. They only got three guys in double figures. That's not how they win games. They're a committee and they might not have anybody with thirty, but they're gonna have a bunch of teams in twenties, and you look at it that they have a fourteen or seventeen or thirteen or twelve or fifteen or twenty three out of twenty, they had eight guys of the guys that they had played. You know, they got a couple of guys to get in their mop up duty, but most of the guys that played got double figures.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to beat a team when you get eight of your ten main guys playing and they in double figures. Who do we check? We can't check.
Speaker 1: Everybody, And that's why they blew That's why they blew them out. That's why they ran them.
Speaker 2: Out the court.
Speaker 1: Let me, yes, why what teams are being successful now with what Shannon is saying, I'm gonna give you I'm gonna give you them teams Cleveland, Boston, Oklaho, Oklahoma City go to say Warriors right now, who are playing very well when they got when they playing that way and that's how they play?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 1: What what sh is saying is they gotta know who is Batman and Robin. You gotta be a role player, you know what I'm saying, And we don't.
Speaker 2: You don't have when of them.
Speaker 1: Teams on goal like that, they're not gonna win basketball games. I'm telling sometimes, you gotta be, you gotta be. You gotta have a commissioner. Gordon, you got you made everybody. You gotta have a you know what, I don't Okay, you got bad man, you got Robin Okay, whoever Okay in the door. You gotta have four the five people who are on the same page level. Oklahoma City is great like that, even in its great like that. Boston playing Boston is playing like that, and then you got you know, a lot of these scenes are playing like that. I think Denver and the Clippers are playing like that, and that's why that series is a very equal series. And they're two to two right now. You see what I'm saying, And it's gotta work that way. And once you put that together, then I'm with you. You know what I'm saying. But you can't have one or two dudes, because you can't win with one of two guys.
Speaker 2: You can't do it.
Speaker 1: Not in this league right now, how they're so athletic, and how they just play off the talent.
Speaker 2: And they shoot threes, it's not going to happen. You're not gonna win that one. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: The most one of the two most interesting games today, and this is the game the chat's been begging us to talk about.
Speaker 2: The Lakers are close with that Minnesota.
Speaker 1: They have a twelve point I mean a ten point league going into the fourth quarter, but ant Man went Bersouri's forward sixteen of his game high forty three points as they outscored the Lakers thirty two to thirteen, Lakers thirty two to nineteen.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: The Lakers shot just five of eighteen in the fourth, including three or nine in the last five minutes.
Speaker 2: Lebron legs, I text Ash this and I text this early.
Speaker 1: I said, it looks like JJ is gonna roll with these guys the entire second half. I say, you talk about forty six minutes for Lebron on forty year old legs, you talking about Luca forty five and a half minutes. You're talking about Rui and Doe and Aar. I say, that's a that's a lot of weird terror. I say, it's gonna be very, very interesting. If this game comes down to the last three, four to five minutes, it's gonna be very interesting if the Lakers can hold up. And you see Lebron took two shots in the fourth quarter. He had zero points in the fourth quarter. He's exhausted. I think it's the first time in what twenty years that nobody subbed for the Lakers in the second half of a ball game. Everybody that started the game play twenty four minutes of a possible twenty four minutes.
Speaker 2: And now I'm concerned because I don't know how the Lakers play better.
Speaker 1: You got twenty three points on nine of sixteen shooting from ruin five to ten, twenty three points. You got Lebron twenty seven points of fifteen to eighteen. From the free throw line, he had twenty seven twelve eight, three steals, three blocks. Okay, you got Luca played gave you thirty eight, seven to seven from the free throw line. You only had one rebound to assists. They turned him into a score. You can live with that. I just don't want him to get thirty eight and twelve and assists. Told him you got ar he scored. He only scored seventeen, but he got all of those in the second half. The bitch gave him six points. And I think that was the difference in the ball game because their bitch gave you twenty points, nos Reed gave you twelve points, Devin Cienzo gave you eight points, and to kill Alexander Walker gave you six five points. But it was ad Man and ju Rabdo that really was. And Jayson Daniels McDaniel be playing unbelievable. I don't know where this guy came from, but he's been sensational in the Cotson. But and Man did what a superstar is supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Is a is as a teacher sopper. He plays like that, but it gives you more. I'm I'm I'm gonna compare you Daniels to my son.
Speaker 1: They give you everything they have to do to win basketball games, not just defense. When they start scoring and they do special stuff, their team is gonna win. We're gonna go back to that, Chad, listen what I'm saying. We're gonna go back to what what what China?
Speaker 2: Did you see?
Speaker 1: Why do you think Minnesota won? First of all, the Lakers can't play defense. They have no defense, said, oh, you feel me that that that's just a bad thing. So and they need a big to protect the rim. Once they get beaten. So now what happened was does that a man? God got busy? So let me tell you about this. What should you do about a guy who gets hot, double the ball out of his hand and make somebody else be special? But whether you know what they did, Minnesota got other people to come off the bitch and be special.
Speaker 2: And make shots. See that's a difference.
Speaker 1: I was at my son's game them last night and they were beating up Curry for a long time. I kept saying, get him off the ball, stop having him be on the ball so they can double him every time. And then they finally listened and started getting at the bottom and he started coming off picks.
Speaker 2: But when they saw doubling him, and all of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden, who started getting busy my son and other people and they beat him. You know what I'm saying, You will have to have a cast to support you. That's what the game is about. It ain't about superstars down there when his playoffs come, it ain't about superstars. It's about who's gonna support my superstar to get me to win basketball games?
Speaker 2: And the teams who are winning now aren't that guy.
Speaker 1: Cast The supports superstars, So when they superstars get to start going.
Speaker 2: Reason why it was.
Speaker 1: Got busy today because he was one on one with everybody, and ain't nobody gonna stop him one on one.
Speaker 2: If you start.
Speaker 1: Doubling on him and doubling him and everybody else and not making socks, you're not gonna win games.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna happen. So when you start doing that, what's gonna do?
Speaker 1: And my superstar passing play, passing the ball, and my other supporters start making buckets, then what the what the coach is gonna start saying.
Speaker 2: Man, don't leave him, don't leave him. We can't do it.
Speaker 1: But when your superstar go one on one, it's hard to guard a superstar one. Ain't nobody gonna guard nobody to stop nobody one on one?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like with you Chad and with you Chatty and remember and they got single couples on y'all, y'a. I mean y'all that that that that just like uh uh fish streets, y'all. I mean like going out there and picking something. I kill y'all every time I see y'all one on one, I'm gonna get everything on y'all. So y'all gotta get double you know who we're gonna go to that, We're gonna go to man and we're gonna kill them. That's how the game goes. And if you don't have a supported past, it's not gonna work. It's not gonna work in this league right now because these dudes are too athletic and they they can get it.
Speaker 2: So that's who are winning games.
Speaker 1: Now because they're auflet and they and they and they and they not make they're making shots, and our superstars don't have to work as hard as they do.
Speaker 2: The three. Yeah, hey uncle wha n GP want to look out the next game?
Speaker 3: Obviously, uh, watching the Lakers play with with Luca having a good game and then doing what he did, Lebron doing what he did early in the game, and they had contributions from everybody else. Obviously the bench didn't score and support the top the big guy. They're big three as as you should want to call it in a sense. But the Wolves having twenty off the bench and then having goddamn a man go crazy to night with forty three, you know, nine and six.
Speaker 2: You know that's what he's supposed to do. And you can't say or have a reason.
Speaker 3: We know Lebron is forty. You know, we understand that he's still playing the game, especially the time like this. It ain't no time to come out. It ain't you can't come out. You got to play the whole game. But you have to contribute more in that time, in crunch time in order for your team to win. You got to legs tired, legs feeling good. It don't matter that, that's just that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: So we can't make him.
Speaker 1: They don't do nothing anyway, They don't practice, they don't do nothing. That ain't tie. You know what I'm saying, And what I tell y'all he is is Shanley. He might be forty, but he's still doing what he do in his league. When you do what you do in this league and don't get no support and everybody keep focusing on.
Speaker 2: You and beat you, dadd you're gonna get tired.
Speaker 1: But you ain't got no support from nobody who making shots to free me up? Then that's gonna happen. Both of them gave thirty eight, twenty seven or whatever they want to. But at the end, it ain't nobody doing nothing but us too. All we gotta do is focus on you too, and then.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: You two ain't my other people ain't doing no cast. You see, my powder came off the bench and had support.
Speaker 2: So when it got time for the crucial job, you can't go.
Speaker 1: And double Edwards because I'm worried about these dudes off the bench, got worried about Julius, ran the word about Red. I'm worried about McDaniels. Made a bit three at the end three minute two of them, you right, and busted them. So now am I worried about him? Yes, I'm worried about him. So I can't go and say no, I ain't gonna try to guard him because he's gonna make scots. So that's freed up everybody. And with Lebron and Luca, you can't say that it ain't gonna work like that. We just go double them and hold that when they go to this other player, he gonna miss shots.
Speaker 2: And what did the Lakers do they need miss shots?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lebron had zero points in the first In the fourth quarter, Luca had one rebound to assists.
Speaker 2: It's his fewest rebounds and assists ever in a playoff game. The bench.
Speaker 1: Nav Reid had a navs. Reed had twelve, Devincenzo had six. Lakers excuse me, Devincenzo had eight and the Lakers had six. And so it seems to me that they were like, you know what, we're content. We're gonna make you will let you score. Yeah, but what we're not gonna do is let you get thirty eight and eight assists. Thirty eight and ten assists because now the others are involved. And so Luke and that played right into their hands. You see, and you look at at Man. What did that man have today? At Man had forty three and six assists. Yeah, you see, he got was involved. If you see assist, people like, well, why he didn't have no assist? Well I would have I would have had a double digits in the fifth if God could have made shots. Josh Luca smoked two layups. Lebron smoked the layup Offster Reeve smoked the layup. When you playing a team like this, you have to cash in on every opportunity, every wet Let's make another case of this. Look at the different game yesterday against the Clippers. You you you seen the joker, he was killing right, They're all try to go and go at him on the last second ninety nine, ninety nine, he go and take a faded away three. They worried about him. Everybody worried about him. And then the air ball and who makes the who make the final dunk to win the game?
Speaker 2: Aaron. So that's what I'm trying to tell y'all. Y'all tell you, we gotta understand that other role.
Speaker 1: Players gotta beat that type of guy man with this, with this different stuff, that's what it is. And he wind up with what thirty something twenty some rebounds to a Yeah, he had like thirty six, thirty six, twenty one and eight. And that's what is so all about. Your role players have to be with you in this day of era, in this basketball game to win basketball, man, it is check this that out, check gp check this that out. Nov Reed in the fourth corner of this series has twenty six points. He's nine of ten from the field goal and field goal. He's six or six from three and clutch the last five minutes of the ball game. Oh Joe, the game was this within five points. That's what they consider the clutch time. He's six or six from the three in clutch situation. He's nine of ten for the floor with twenty six points. I mean, you talk, you talk about Jordan, you talking about Kobe whomever, they've never been like this. You talk about the guy that's bits one shot, he's perfect from the three.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're talking about. Ojoe here. Man, these separate dudes you have to have on your team. You remember, you remember.
Speaker 1: The Lakers had Robert Horry who did this thing in they day. You know what I'm saying. When you have big shot, box shot, it's a big shot.
Speaker 2: You want a god.
Speaker 1: And I tell people, as I coach now in junior college, I said, you want to be on the floor with six minutes. You're the closer. You're the closer. I want you to make big shots for with him. And read what was he last year?
Speaker 2: Six Man of the Year. You you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He coming in and making these big time shots. And that's what you want from these dudes. And that's where you're gonna win championships. That's the only way you're gonna win championships.
Speaker 2: In this NBA.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, listen, now that we got that, we got all that good stuff out the way, let's talk about the meat and potatoes of this series and what's going on right now? The Lakers are down three to one. Yep, and the GP.
Speaker 2: GP can probably attested this and have a better answer.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure Unk you probably knew as well, being as your knowledge and and and and and the acumen of the game of basketball is good. Do you see any scenario at all, any type of magical situation with the Laker.
Speaker 2: GP? I see GP take shaking his head. They wait, wait, so you still feel there's a possibility that the Lakers can come back.
Speaker 1: Down from Stop it, man, you can better dinner on this that it will have better better run it, run it anywhere you want to go matter.
Speaker 2: I'm with it. I'm with that.
Speaker 1: The Lakers don't beat them three in a row. Ain't no way, no possible. We're going sell against going gays. They're not gonna be going seven because guess what we got that see the problem that the problem that JJ ran into is that Lebron had just played thirty eight forty minutes a night ago, and then you follow that up. Now, the best thing about this they don't play again until Wednesday, So Lebron get an extra date, Luca get an extra day.
Speaker 2: We got this. We're gonna go back to Minnesota. We're gonna get that, and then we coming back there.
Speaker 3: Ah, so we are we saying the fact that that they're losing is because their legs are tired.
Speaker 1: Because no, no, no, no, no, that's a good team. But I'm saying, oh, Joe, when you play, just imagine how your legs feel. Just imagine if you had to play a football game on Monday and then you got to play another one on Wednesday, not Thursday, Monday, Wednesday. Yeah, I mean good, I mean good. I know you what you would, but be good at forty playing wide receiver.
Speaker 2: I mean you would? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is different though you got see, our mentality is different than that. Though you can't tell the kids up you know what I'm saying, our mentality is.
Speaker 2: But GV.
Speaker 1: You can have a mentality all you want to that body, no, the mind winning, but the body just.
Speaker 2: Ain't able to get it cool.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kick it. I gonna get my legs. He's right, I ain't going to practice, I ain't doing none of that. I'm gonna I'm gonna come back and give you a fix. I'm telling you right now. And first of all, these dudes got a lot. But you gotta understand. They lost in LA. They lost it else. Minnesota came in. We defend a home. It's gonna be hard for you to beat them. They gonna go to l A Minnesota. L A Minnesota ain't gonna lose it home. I'm gar We got them.
Speaker 2: We spoke.
Speaker 1: We actually were supposed to have to took two of them, were supposed to have took both of them.
Speaker 2: Got don't get we got this GP. We got that got you.
Speaker 3: Hold on, well wait, wait, hold on, when y'all when y'all have a bed, right when y'all have a bet and you talk about say in the bet, uh is there a certain amount?
Speaker 2: Is there certain restaurants you can't you want to go? Maney? Yeah, we got this.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because I'm come there on three one. They ain't coming back like that. They hold they all.
Speaker 2: Hey, you now you know if anybody know how to come back from a three one death for the GP? Are you look at it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking, I'm telling you I did it. But that ain't gonna happen. That ain't gonna happen. Looking shouting, This ain't no mentality of us. I'm gonna tell you on time, man, these dudes ain't cut like that. Man, I don't kid what saying matter of fact like us, man, they ain't cut like man. I'm gonna go man, we're gonna botel for three games. These does want to go on vacation, right you know ship? Yeah, man, look at.
Speaker 2: And yeah. I want to make it said, I want to make a sad man. I can make you. Oh, you can't make no show. I went what that's oh I'm saying. I'm saying I'm not I'm you know what I'm saying. What cause good? Sat? I say you can't make it back because you already oh something? Who are you? Listen?
Speaker 3: I listen, listen and listen I'm doing. I'm doing right by him on fifty two hundred right, but as long as that fifty tred plus fifteen okay, But you're not the bank. You can't add You can't that that much.
Speaker 2: Have you ever go to the banking borrowing money without paying on the money. I ain't never borrow no money from the bank. We ghetto man can't.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't do it like that. We in the masia. You can't do all. Yeah, let that go. Man, Let that I got.
Speaker 4: Let that say, right, hey, GP, I gotta put a little to keep a bottle or something. You don't know what I'm saying me and get your say and let that go. I mean, listen, I'm I'm a GP. I'm just trying to give him. I'm giving I'm trying to give him a chance to double his money. So if you I didn't want that, whatever, I just I just play doubling nothing, double nothing, double en nothing said, I gotta go shouting. Make just get fifty then.
Speaker 2: That all that? Okay? Okay and fifty. You gotta how you wanna double? He want? He want to double up five money? Hey bank, Hey bank, I know I owe you.
Speaker 1: I know I owe you a couple of hundred thousand, but live been another hey double or nothing?
Speaker 2: A couple hundreds.
Speaker 3: I just said, I'm giving opportunity. I'm giving opportunity to double the money. When I do pay you, you have more than what you was gonna get in the first place.
Speaker 1: That ain't what that shoulder that I hadn't got what I was supposed to be gotten at the end of the season. The likelihood to be getting that double ain't happening either. Now, I told you when I see, I'm gonna pay you. That's all fifty nine eighty. You owe me fifty nine eighty plus that fifteen percent fifty nine.
Speaker 2: It went to fifty to fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only in this economy. Well, I don't know, y'all, thank you even my money this economy. Lebron said, tied legs was not the cause of the missus. JJ Ready became the first coach to play five players for an entire half in the playoffs. JJ said on this started playing then tire second half. It wasn't playing, but we just made this decision at halftime. Magic Johnson questioned the strategy. I'm just sick to my stomach that the Lakers lost this game after Benning controlled most of the second half. I don't know if it's smart to play Lebron and Luca the entire second half after only having one day rest between Game three and four. We needed Lebron to take over the fourth quarter, and he couldn't. He's scored zero points in the fourth I agree, I agree the resks mister trip Luca got tripped. I mean that was a blatant trip. He doesn't following us on. We we watched it. He gets tripped, so we should have been at the free throw line. Yes, Luca missed the smoked the layup that would have put him up seven. They come down here to three. So now all of a sudden, been up seven, you're only up two. You see, you see how momentum swing. Lebron missed the layup, had come out of time out, had a great curl set, smokes that layup. Ar smoked the layup. It's just the look I think it was. Lebron Is said he don't want to make excuses, but gp when you asked that man, the dude, the man had he let he had more the most rebounds of anybody to touch the court today, He had the most desist of anybody to touch the court today. He had the most block shots. He had the most stealed. Well, no, Deevin Chienzo had the most staled. But you talk about a forty year old then letting rebounds, leading block shots, letting assist, you're asking a think about what you're asking a forty year old, a forty year old, what you're asking him to do, and shouting I'm gonna comment on that. We we own a freaking of nature you got to do. I get it what you're saying about. We asked you. He's different. He's a lot different. I don't agree with him not getting no rest in the second half. I think you rested for two or three four minutes each quarter, recive for like two or three minutes and bringing back and do the same thing. But what I do with jj Ima, I'm gonna go to jj Ready's defense. He was saying, I can't lose this game. I'm gonna go with my player who I think gonna give me something.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He shouldn't have did that. You know, and timeouts don't cut it. Sometime it don't work.
Speaker 1: I would have gave him three to four minutes for five minutes every quarter. I would have did five minutes and then still control it. I get what magic is saying.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: To give him his legs, I would have gave him third quarter outda set he fired at six minutes and.
Speaker 2: Then played him the whole fourth war. You know what I'm saying, That's what I would have did.
Speaker 1: It was it was a bad decision on his behalf, But I thinking what jj is thinking.
Speaker 2: As the first year he needed game and it didn't work out for him.
Speaker 1: Now what he's gonna go back, He's gonna read evaluate everything. He's gonna give him rests because they need this win in LA on Wednesday, and I think they gonna get the win on LA on Winsday. They wouldn't get it. But I'm just saying, so he should. He should have evaluated that a little bit different. I don't think it's legs and all that. I think he got tired and they went away from everything that they did to me. You go, put Lebron on the block. See if they're gonna double me. Let him guard one on one and go out.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And if you watch the game, it's that too high. Watch Luca, watch Lebron our focus on all of y'all. Put him on the block, let him come down there and double you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, and do things like that.
Speaker 1: But they don't play that way, y'all know, Shannon Chap this game made like a if I see you and Chad on the disavantage, man, I'm one want y'all play air a game.
Speaker 2: I'm until until they stop it, until they stop.
Speaker 1: It, and with me will Lebron being six eight two six, I'm gonna put you on the block. I'm not gonna you on the top where everybody get focus in on you and we can stuck in. Put you on the block, and if you gotta come duct with me, let me kick it to somebody hit a jumper.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna start being a relevant that way. And they didn't play that game.
Speaker 1: I knew Lebron was gonna play a ton of minutes today because he normally takes his break at about six minutes six point thirty. He didn't take his break today until about four minutes. He got two minutes and then he was right back in the game and he didn't come out again.
Speaker 2: So I knew it was gonna be one of those. In our texted ash and said, as first of.
Speaker 1: All, I knew they were in trouble GP, Lebron is going off, Luca is going off, and they got a four point lead. Let that think it now all my artillery and I only got a four point lead, and these guys are going haywhy in the first half. So that's not good because if normally when guys going off, that's a ten, that's a twelve fourteen point lead. You got both of your big guns in Minnesota's right there. So they got to feel good. And as a matter of fact, they had a three point lead at the half. They're like, hold on, Lebron had twenty two, Luca got twenty one. That's forty three right there, and we still got the lead we could. It's the same thing with the Laker when they lost to the Nuggets, when Lebron went crazy in the first half. He had like thirty thirty two points. Remember that game in the first half, They're like, oh.
Speaker 2: He done hit us hard, he blew and load. We got this.
Speaker 1: He ended up he had he had thirty two at the half, ended up having forty for the game because he exerted so much and it wasn't enough to get the separation that he needed.
Speaker 2: Luke and Lebron exerted so much. Lebron.
Speaker 1: I think Lebron had five points in the third quarter, none in the fourth quarter. But they did a great job of taxing them. And because I think a lot of this GP because Lebron is so tired, they like he's not even a threat when he on the block, because that's normally Julius random Julius Radama takes a lot out of you because he's a big body guy. He wants a bang on you. He's gonna bang you when you playing defense on him. He's gonna bang on you when you're playing defense for him. He's gonna bang on you for it's just bang bang bang. And after a while that takes that. That's but let me tell you this, Even doing that, why do I get even fun truck? Let him bang bang, be mad, I go at him, spin on him, do the things you do. But does mean you gotta work the game the way, the right way, y'all. Remember when I played get me the ball on the block. I want you to bang on me because I'm gonna spind on you and donna kill you every day. You know.
Speaker 2: So God, and get to that level.
Speaker 1: Where Lebron has to learn, don't bang bang, bank work with him, get random out of the game because what's the next person that's gonna come in that game on Minnesota's bench that can handle me?
Speaker 2: Not too many people. Not too many people.
Speaker 1: So that's that's being coach and being smart. That's why say nowadays IQ ain't in this game. It's all about it's athletic ability. This ain't no IQ game right now. I'm gonna telling everybody, ain't too many guys in here got IQ's like that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Lebron don't have to bang it. Boy. If he hit me one.
Speaker 1: Time on my back spin, only get a file, get him in foul trouble, then what's gonna happen? You gonna suck, He gonna suck. And ain't nobody gonna comep that bench that don't handle Lebron who muscled and bullied him. But when you get a guy who's checked out and he tight. Yeah, but let's say again, sham, let's think about the last player of the game.
Speaker 2: We Lebron did. He turned the ball over again, He turned the ball over.
Speaker 1: They can't get it? Why can't they get the ball in bound? Because we've seen reef We've seen so many times. Guys, does anybody know how the hard cut? Does anybody back?
Speaker 2: He Shanny? What about just putting your four on him and just post and and and get off and throw the ball down that way posted? Why you don't do that? Why you don't do that?
Speaker 1: And then if they try to double me, what are you gonna do. I'm gonna get the ball to the next dude and post it up. I'm telling you once again, I Q I Q in this game, if you want to get me the ball, I'm gonna get the ball. Especially if we can go in the back court. I'm gonna hold you off, push you off, and you throw that ball out there and I'm gonna go get it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it. Don't try to make rid of them heroic paths that you see. Man, these dudes is not having IQ's like that. They don't have IQ's like that. Hold on, But both of y'all said the same thing, right you and you and UNC got a friendly them.
Speaker 3: You say Laker's gonna lose, Well, both of you came came to came to the party and both said, Hell, the Lakers might win. Are gonna win Wenesdy. You said they're gonna win the game Winnsday GP. So if they could win the game Wednesday, if they could win one, they can win two.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that. But you're gonna desert. You're gonna desert a lie? Do you on home against a team that's in Minnesota that plays.
Speaker 2: Well at home? They played well at home.
Speaker 1: I get it, you gonna exert all your time, but think about the the really the odds of everything. Came back from a three to one series deficit and win as many games as they win.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna win three in a row. I'm just not gonna say that. I can't do it.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't lost two games in Minnesota. You lost one game at home, and you lost the first game chat home. So why what do you think now? And what have Shanna see? Tryna say? They're getting no legs of tie? They got two days off.
Speaker 2: What you gonna do? How are you gonna work that out? All right?
Speaker 1: Is your mindset that I'm gonna try to win it? Chap, I'm gonna ask you again, do you think they mindset is saying then when we're gonna come back and win three in a row.
Speaker 2: They're not doing that. They're talking about going home, they talk about going to the can't cool. You know what I'm saying. And we'll work with it next year. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, it's gonna be hard for the Lakers to win three in a row against this young Hall team that's shining.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 1: Just told people are coming off the bench doing what they do. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And do what they do.
Speaker 1: Then we're thinking about the NBA. If hey don't want it to be like on the City, go so blak. They trying to get TV TV.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, y'all, y'all, y'all cut into the you know what I'm saying now, I ain't gonna keep that. I'm just gonna do whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call them calls that I have to call whatever, whatever, And you gotta think about it.
Speaker 2: Do chat. Who you think is motality? What team you think it was? Motality? Chat?
Speaker 1: Minnesota Lakers, They're not gonna do that, man, and people coming off the bench doing what they do. Shiney just told their bench is being more productive than electrics.
Speaker 2: Bench cou go be the people that support the superstar Cats.
Speaker 1: I think Minnesota got that. Dang agree, diagree. And that's the thing. I mean, you you they were so close. They had a ten point lead. I'm not so sure with a ten point lead, I think I try to give I think I try to give Lebron uh two minutes to start the fourth we gotta lead. Well, Chad, I say like this, like they with the Warriors, subby three minutes, bring him in subby mess seven, he got five minutes on the clock. Then back in the fourth. Let the whole fourth for it. You see what I'm saying. Yeah, that's how you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: But I just don't think that chemistry is right.
Speaker 1: When you got two guys on both sides I saw in the basketball and you're watching them play basketball, that's not a good deal for me. It's just like, well we did when we played basketball. We put it in the post and let our big man dominate. If you don't get it, if he's gonna score every time, but if you start a scoring, we're gonna doublely And what do our big man do? Kick it and we can eagit our buckets and we rotate, rotating and make people rotate.
Speaker 2: That ain't the game nowadays.
Speaker 1: Were just talking about shooting threes one wise, so trying to do what we do, and it don't work if you don't have that cast that's making them big time shots, which Minnesota did today that the big time shots, and it don't work.
Speaker 2: It won't work. It just won't work.
Speaker 1: They definitely's definitely got their work cut off for them. They're gonna have to play hopefully. I don't know if you can get another twenty five point game out of Ruin Hota more. Ruin was sensational today. This is by far his best game in the playoffs, and he played extremely well. Know if you're gonna be able to get because he was five or ten, he was nine of sixteen, played fifty forty one minutes, gave me twenty three points. Lebron was twenty seven twelve, eight three three. Austar reeves. He came into that. He didn't play it.
Speaker 2: He was terrible.
Speaker 1: He got in fil trouble. He was terrible in the first half. Seventeen seventeen, seven and four. I can live with that. I might have it something spread out. But Julius Rendel starting up game off, he was extremely aggressive, and that's what that's his game. He's an aggressive player. He's gonna try to put the ball in the foor. He's gonna put pressure, he's gonna attack the rim. Jayde Daniels Jadon McDaniels didn't start offstrong, but down the scretch he made all the hustle plays. He got the and one, he made a big time three ant man was a man, but it was Nods reading done Devincenzo, Devincenzo getting a rebound, knocking down a three, You getting nods Red knocking down two big threes, Devincenzo getting an and one. And I thought, I was like, you know what because Deevin Chimzel got one and Lebron's skyted is like, oh the old man still got some still got some juice in the tank or GP.
Speaker 2: But it I just think the thing is, yeah, they were tired.
Speaker 1: But ant man, he said, he's dreamed this whole He's dripped this whole life of these moments. And you can tell twelve or twenty three, five or ten from the three point line, fourteen or seventeen nine rebounds, six or sis and he only had one turnover.
Speaker 2: For Chad and Shannon.
Speaker 1: He told you did something when he was in the way he was out when he started shooting threes playing is Steph Kirky And he said, man, I was in them games shooting them threes. What is he came back and did? He said, I'm gonna shoot more threes. This hit and look at his percentage come on the threes. His confidence is way here. When you give a player like that that type of ability to do that and become that type of player.
Speaker 2: Put him on the Olympic team. Diggin't that type of ability.
Speaker 1: To become a suit to start a real start, and he make his shots and he get confident. It's hard to stomper basketball player like that. And he has proven it. He has proven it that he is the primary player to be that NBA player and take over this league.
Speaker 2: And that's what he's doing every day after them, after them games, and he's doing his post. All he doing is smile because he knows easy. It's easy for his ease.
Speaker 1: And that's what he's doing, and he's showing you that he can put this team on his back. They thought when they got rid of a cat Cat that it was gonna be all over.
Speaker 2: No, that boy took this. It took this game to another level.
Speaker 1: And then what he do and then is sixth day is sixth seed being the third seed. That's what these teams is.
Speaker 2: That's why I tell everybody stop talking about these seeds and all that. But he's eighty two games. That is that is just crap to me.
Speaker 1: You gotta go play these playoffs and get out. And they showing Lakers that I don't care what seed you are.
Speaker 2: We gonna go get at you. And they get that.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that when you look at it, GP is that because he can shoot the three, you gotta hug up on him. And now he can go by you. You see what he's going by. He's gonna kick. Oh, He's going all the way to the rim. So it's like, okay, I have a playoff him. Hand down, man down, Mark Jackson. And so now he's got that three ball in his bag. He always had the ability to go around you and finish over top of me. So how do I defend him? If I give him to if I give him too much airspace, he gonna rides up and shoot the He gonna raise up and shoot the three. If I hug up on him to take away the three, he gonna go buy me and finish on top of me. So I mean you're at his mercy And you say thing with Steph Curry. Steph Curry used to be he settled for the three. Now you see Steph putting the ball on the floor and get to his float and then Shanny, you think out that when I was at the game last night, what Houston trying to do to steph Curry was doubling. Every time I kept screaming, I said, get him off the ball. Don't let him dumb it. Let him come off the baseline and do like Reggie Miller or Rip Hamilton.
Speaker 2: And they add his merchings that Houston fell apart. They fell apart.
Speaker 1: But what did the warriors do? He had other people who made shots and the things that they knew because once and then what Curry did. He started being one on one and then he started being kurty. He liked the he liked the PlayStation. You see, it's PlayStation right, and he started cooking and he started hitting shots. And then they started doing it, and he started making the right pass. And then they start finishing. They start saying, man, what can I do? And when they started finishing, he started going one on one and it ain't Nobody can guard nobody like that, with no talent like that.
Speaker 2: One on one, there's no way, no way.
Speaker 1: The volume
Speaker 2: M hm