Speaker 1: I did this thing where escape Room.
Speaker 2: Let me just keep guessing.
Speaker 1: Back to keep guessing, because when I say it, when I say, you're gonna fucking quit the show, go ahead.
Speaker 3: What do you think? I tried to Escape Room, saw Benson Boone and sang along to him with a far off look.
Speaker 1: In your eyes, dude, like I was recently, I had to peace so bad. I started running to the bathroom and pulling my pants down before I got to the toilet. And I'm just peing. I'm peing, just kids style with my butt out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, movie diarrhea style, pants down, just peeing into the toilet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There's something so liberating about being like that.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, you know what, pants around my ankles, butt out.
Speaker 3: Pants down, ass out that way, I like curin. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, so was this I missed the first? Was this in public?
Speaker 3: Or were you? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, at a children's I'm in trouble.
Speaker 4: Trying to think if I've done butt out. That does sound Yeah, it sounds free. I'll try it today.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked public because I saw a guy do but like an older man, like in.
Speaker 3: Six fully butt out peeing in a in.
Speaker 1: A at a sports event, and I was like, oh, okay, I mean whatever, get it how you live.
Speaker 3: But these old people, how you live, sir?
Speaker 2: I would ask you, get it how you live? Man, get it, how you live?
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: I was at the doctors the other day and this old man we were all just kind of waiting the lobby. He went outside and I could see him through the window and fully took his shirt off.
Speaker 3: Wow to do what? Hang out? Fight? Some just fucking be old in the sun. Oh wow. I mean, you know, it's like some skin to skin. You know why he's probably old friend the sun.
Speaker 1: He's trying to He's trying to expand his vitamin D net. You cover up now all you that skin can't absorb that vitamin D. But then you take that ship off. Now your chest is like a solar panel.
Speaker 3: Baby. Yeah. Man, it's like that.
Speaker 4: It's like the butt out pissing thing too. It's like it probably felt great. Honestly, we were all we were all bummed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can at least reason a scientific there's like a scientific explanation for like why you might be able to absorb more vitamin D from the sun by not wearing a shirt versus just having your butt out, just have your full yeeks out while you take a pee.
Speaker 3: But either way it's yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I'm into a sort of a tighter pant these days. Back when I was a pant I in my larger jeans, I would be it wouldn't be a big deal all. But now that I have like and there, we're not talking insanely tight.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just to.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, they're so tight you can't have your butt out when you pete.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that, Like if I had an especially parent tight pair of pants on, I'm trying to think of a reason why I would do a butt out, and I would it would feel I didn't.
Speaker 3: Make take it off like Bana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to take it off a bra or something.
Speaker 1: I had to do it to prevent myself from peeing my Like I was like if I if I'm I was signaling to my body the toilet is almost here.
Speaker 3: Holds, you can't let your body know the toilet's.
Speaker 1: Almost say, because at first I was breaking, I was like, where's the toilet.
Speaker 2: I'm like, don't worry, baby, the butt is out. We're almost peeing.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet and Welcome. The season three ninety, episode four of There was a production by Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. And it is Friday, May thirtieth, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Yep, oh man, it's national shout out to us. It's National Creativity Day.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, shout out all the wonderful Southern people out there. The National Mint Julip Day is yours today.
Speaker 2: May an alcoholic?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: Just like uh, lime juice and just bourbon.
Speaker 3: You think it's going to taste sweet and minty and it's just gasoline. It has been my experience.
Speaker 1: Every I thought it was gonna it's just it's minty sugar whiskey drink right, Yeah, yeah like it mainly.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was just drinking some strong mint julips in my time at I wouldn't it, but it uh just tasted like bourbon with like a slight dash of mint and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a dash of scope mouth wash.
Speaker 3: I'm already doing.
Speaker 2: It's National water a Flower Day.
Speaker 1: It's if your name is Delilah, it's your day because it's National hole in my bucket Day, and uh is it, Dear Lilah or Delilah.
Speaker 2: I think it's dear Liza.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck man, that was the only that I learned the second time around.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even yeah, I didn't know it as a kid. It was like a thing I heard old people saying, like, y'all.
Speaker 3: Do this one anymore?
Speaker 2: I like, no, No, it's also Loomis Day. I'm like, who the fuck is Loomis?
Speaker 1: But it's recognizing the person who received the patent for wireless telegraphy.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, I've been waiting.
Speaker 3: For this one to come around as Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, man, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka the host of Piss American Life Rash. Yeahira Ass cira ass, which yo? We did that that courtesy of the piss poet himself. Wow our ass with that one, guy, so gyra Ass would be a good porn performer name Yeah irah Ass, Yeah for sure, you know mm hmm. Thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Great Miles Gray aka check out my Sarlac pit. Ask jeweluy dangles from it? Okay, shout out more on Yeah what is that?
Speaker 1: Mort On Discord Dude deck career anyway.
Speaker 3: Shout out for that one. Shout out to that one. Shout out to.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's referenced sarlac Ass jewelry over the last few days.
Speaker 3: Bunch of sarlac Ass jewelry. Yeah, my wife says, when I buyer stuff jewelry, is this the sarlac Ass Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third by one of our very favorite guests, a very funny comedian, actor, writer, improviser special spiritually filthy. I added at the end, it's not called spiritual spiritually filthy, it's it's implied, uh, hilarious, special hilarious person. You can go check it out right now. Also our special skateboarding correspondent on the street, it's.
Speaker 4: More yeah, yeah, thanks for having me. Yeah, so psyched to be back. Furious there's another mort livid.
Speaker 3: Not on my watch.
Speaker 1: No, I think this was a French a reference to the French word death.
Speaker 3: So so are you you are walking talking reference to the French French death?
Speaker 1: That's right, French death over here, shut out French dish. How would you been up to French death?
Speaker 4: Just making people face their mortality when they don't want to.
Speaker 3: Mortality, mortality, yeah, damn, so many good ones that the ak is immortality is Mort's character just like runs into you with a skateboard and your shins and you're like, and it's mortality, but then your spine falls out. Yeah, exactly, exactly right. You watch a commercial that reminds you of your kids and you start crying a little bit. Mortality, the human condition, existential despair with me. Yeah, there's only one more allowed, and canonically we can only allow one more in the daily zeitgeist, so that, unfortunately, that discord person is now going to subsume your identity. Dicky Greenleaf talent and mister Ripley.
Speaker 4: Stuff who excellent character, Newpool.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, think about that show or that movie all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you what do you mean like because you because you just think about that happening to you.
Speaker 3: You want a talented miss someone to worry about a miles Oh okay, just uh, you've been working on your tent a lot, my fantastic collection of.
Speaker 4: A lot of New fair Jays in your back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyone up for a cheeky blunt or two?
Speaker 3: Immediately get paranoid.
Speaker 2: I can't talk.
Speaker 4: I like Also, in that story, Miles says the word cheeky all the time.
Speaker 3: Just yet.
Speaker 1: You're just talking about the merits of cheeky versus naughty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate it. Personally, I'm the I'm the opposite of whatever an anglophile is. I love I love some a couple of British people. But instinctively I'm just like, yeah, what is hate? I think it's deep in my Irish bones. Yeah, it must be deep Irish.
Speaker 4: Irish and English.
Speaker 3: And I can feel the war inside inside of you. Yeah, truly.
Speaker 4: War with its Yeah, the colonial and the like pre colonial Celtic paganism, and they're just.
Speaker 3: Like always finding each other. It's difficult.
Speaker 2: All right, Well more, we're thrilled have you here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we are going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. And up first, we've got a tale as old as time. Ye discrimination ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: White guys with kind of different names, ever heard of.
Speaker 3: Sweet Miles, We have a white guy with a different actually today perfect.
Speaker 4: After we get into the story, I got a ton to say about this guy.
Speaker 3: This guys. The story of a man named Chad.
Speaker 1: Just just to read the title of this fucking obed from Business Business Insider.
Speaker 3: My name is Chad.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm white, working office job and sometimes I wear a vest.
Speaker 3: This is not a joke title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: That's how he's going into every interaction with anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm white. Guys, I'm sorry you drink it in what? Don't care? Take a picture? Oh? Why did I work in an office? Are you happy? What?
Speaker 2: No, I don't care at all.
Speaker 3: I want to put me in a zoo on Coney Island for people to go. I want to put me in a zoo. So the best thing is that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot there's a lot of there's a lot of texture in this piece that we'll get to. There's like even like weird, I don't know what happened with his best friend. They're like something has to intersect with his best friend.
Speaker 3: You mean we're also Elon Musk has officially puocied himself out of the White House. Uh reference to a Simpsons is that probably most people are too young to know about. But anyways, he's he's removed himself kind of ungracefully. Just be like yeah and YadA, YadA. I don't really work there anymore, but it was great and we did everything we wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steven Miller, I'm taking your wife yoink.
Speaker 3: Wait is that for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steven Miller's wife is leaving the White House to go work for Elon Musk right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, trouble in the Reichstock.
Speaker 4: Wow, trouble in the grossest paradise. Yeah, the grossest paradise possible.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about cartoons aimed at children that are trying to get them involved in geopolitical get them interested in geopolitics, a little little Russian propaganda for the kids. And if that sounds weird to you, you didn't grow up in America, because I love that shit. Yeah, oh that plenty more. But first more, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: M You know, well, the last thing I searched was, uh, the sign up list for this open mic that I'm hosting in about an hour and a half. Because in LA we do daytime open mics, which sounds like hell on Earth, and most of the time it is, but then every once in a while, like this one today is gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: Wait, a good sign up lift, you're happy. What's the you're talking about today Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who's the audience?
Speaker 4: Like, oh the audience, Miles is just gonna be other comedians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who are just waiting to go up. Okay, so truly open to open mic. They're just waiting to go up, and they're the audience okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I don't know.
Speaker 4: The cool thing is is like, yeah, there's a bunch of really fun people. There's a la is a very interesting scene where like there's a lot of great really young, like hardworking, funny, smart comics, and then there's a bunch of people who are you know, doing impressions of the worst person at the Mothership in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? That's been hearing that I don't I don't frequently go after like podcasts that are stand up comedians talking about stand up comedy. But I have seen a few clips where stand ups are like, yeah, it's like really bad. It's like really bad out here. Now everybody is just like me king racist jokes and like that's who you follow up on stage?
Speaker 2: Yes, racist people?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, And and you know, I don't know, I had a friend that moved there, and he's like, he said, he goes, people are saying things on stage I wouldn't say in a private text and crushing that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well sounds we're backsliding, baby, ye, especially for like.
Speaker 4: The comics, the comics that were already there before. All that should happen there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, extra, I was.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like everything is just democratized in this weird way where people are like, oh, I can do that like any We're truly in the era where everyone feels they can do anything, including being like a like an astronaut or like nautical engineer or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, pop ed writer right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was a Department of Health and Suitor human Services.
Speaker 1: I was having I was having lunch with someone and I was talking about like my job and like comedy and stuff.
Speaker 3: And then when I was going to the parking lot, this guy chased after me. He's like, hey, hey, hey man, you said you work in comedy, And.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I was like that sound I really went. I literally went, oh I And like, as I was saying that, I was like, what do I say to not be a dick? To like avoid this conversation, but they came up pretty polite and sort of like wide eyed and bushy tailed kind of, and I was like, I mean, yeah, I work with comedians, like, oh man, if there's any advice you can get me, Like, how do I get like I'm trying to do scene work and like crowd work. I'm sorry, said I'm trying to do crowd work, Like I want to do crowd work. It sounds like we got an open mic for him. Yeah, I was like social media, but I was like, what do you mean. He's like, how do I get into that? And I was like, you know, like the stuff you see on Instagram? And I was like, oh, you need to go to some open mics and figure out what you want to do.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh this stuff on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like when he said it like that, I was like, this makes so much sense. It's like it's really not like we grew up being like look at these stand up comedians, like these specials, these one hours or whatever, and you're like, that's fucking that's what it takes to go up there. And now a lot of people just see these short form clips and like, yeah, I can I can make fun of some guy's name for.
Speaker 3: Comedy.
Speaker 4: No, it's been reduced to this thing, and there is a fair cross section of people are like, I'm a total dick. I probably could do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when I when I see people coming to MIC's and they're like shy or nervous, or a woman or someone who you know what I mean, I'm like, you come here like you're gonna do please stay with us.
Speaker 3: We need you here, we need your voice of like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Usually some guy cracking his knuckles and yeah, I was both the funniest person in my frat house according to me, and I've got a major personality disorder that makes it so I can basically feel no social anxiety whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Just shame receptors. Receptors. So I'm gonna be pretty successful in this business or a billionaire. Yeah, one one way or another. You're gonna know my name unfortunately more. What's something you think is underrated? Underrated? Right now?
Speaker 4: Well you might not say he's underrated, but he is the the the head of the department of Hell the Human Services.
Speaker 3: I think RFK underrated. No, I've did the wrong one. You have to stick with it and justify that. Yeah, here's flag fly.
Speaker 4: Here's what I love about him. Like, I like that he sounds like a ghost who's trying to stage whisper. There's something about uh natural as m r. That makes me feel calm and cared for. Well, what I do think is funny is the so many Republicans are just getting around in the idea that they really kind of want regulation, you know, which historically was like a liberal thing, but all of a sudden they're like, man, these wow, these industries don't control themselves. What could we possibly do about this?
Speaker 2: You know, he's one of the great thinkers of our time.
Speaker 1: Why do you think he's all right? Fine, let's just thought experiment. Why would you say he's overrated?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, now that's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 3: Are you up to it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you want back out, if you want you know what I mean, I think.
Speaker 4: He's I think he's over Well, I was saying he's overrated because he was elevated to such an incredible position, so that therein by itself, is an overrated He's like overemployed for his abilities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh interesting, I completely disagree. He's underemployed because he should be president because of the last name Kennedy.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, pro Kennedy and it doesn't matter the politics. I like them all equally.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean that was kind of his thing too. He's like, I'm a Kennedy and it doesn't matter the politics. I should be president. Uh, and I will change my politics. You want me to change my politics? Hell? Yeah, easy done. What's something you think is underrated? Well? Yeah, so this underrated?
Speaker 4: This involves a little bit of a story, which is, uh, I went to the doctor the today and she used the phrase booty hole three times with me, and so I think that doctors should use more like calm, very common language.
Speaker 3: Because I felt like I felt secure. It made me laugh.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're just like, wait, how did okay you're an improviser, how did this play out?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I'm forty five, So how do I say this nuppie crass again?
Speaker 3: It's time for my asshole is terrible? Is that?
Speaker 2: Oh you got a bad asshole? Terrible asshole?
Speaker 4: Well you need to like yeah, because well I don't have a day right e one, so I need to get on that. So but and then also just the age thing, I'm forty five, so she's like, we're gonna have to start talking about and she said, I just don't.
Speaker 2: Have to start talking about that booty hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, friend, And I.
Speaker 4: Got, hey, you're a doctor, please use the clinical term, which.
Speaker 3: Is dry ass bussy. Yeah, oh you got a dry one. Congratulations what you're in constantly. I was just having this thought recently. I was listening to Jeremy Corbyn, uh, you know, left leaning leader in UK be interviewed, and it was on that podcast, the Blind Boy podcast I talk about sometimes on here. Yeah, CAP's in a bit of trouble right now.
Speaker 1: Aren't they They're.
Speaker 3: Like they were flying the terrorist flags.
Speaker 1: They're like, you guys are stretching with them anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man. So he was interviewing Jeremy Corbyn and he was talking to him about neoliberalism and Jeremy Corbyn was like, I don't like to use the phrase neoliberalism because people don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It makes them turn their brain off. I prefer the politics of sharp elbows. And I was like, well, I don't know what the fuck that means.
Speaker 3: And also why not just like this is the thing just generally across the board where like people are just like let's like workshop of praise. It's like it's like a very like big d democrat thing where it's just like, how do we like do a turn of phrase to make it sound like memeable and fun and it's never gonna work. Just like, call it the fucking thing, don't don't call it a booty hole, just like we can't just trust that we can be intelligent enough, intelligent enough to be like a you know, aenus or whatever doctors call it.
Speaker 4: Except for booty hole. I do think we should always booty.
Speaker 3: Hos genuinely funny and I kind of respect it. It's times so far so far in that direction. That is a good BSM, but good bedside manner on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please call my asshole the great pit of Carcoon. Okay, otherwise the sarlac resides.
Speaker 3: The hellscape nun shall speak of. That's right, call it Jaba's butt. Tell me Jaba the butt when I come in.
Speaker 4: I also would would posit to dimple if we want to.
Speaker 3: Go cute dimple.
Speaker 2: I have one of those. My button is a dimple.
Speaker 3: It's very cute. Love hubble brag. When I smile, that was like a little dimple. Catherine Han wink.
Speaker 4: When you experience joy Jack, because you don't even your mouth doesn't smile, but your buckets.
Speaker 3: That's how I know you're having a good time. Money Sorry, did the Pillsbury? Are you sitting on the Pillsbury dough boy? And does he love it?
Speaker 1: No further questions, You're on it.
Speaker 3: My own thought of experiment.
Speaker 4: Let's, uh, what do you think the Pillsbury dough boys sounds like? When he's when he's fucking he's.
Speaker 2: Oh, is this something you gonna work out at the open mic later?
Speaker 4: I'm preparing, Well, we're gonna we're gonna do an improv set.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm gonna go one by one.
Speaker 2: You guys make your noise when I got to argue first. And this is no way just for me to like Jack off to later go you go. I would like somebody like making.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I think he still brings that same energy to it. Like I don't think there's like a thing where like a flips a switch flips. Oh yeah like that. It's like I like to live in a world where he remains just like but still actually active very much.
Speaker 2: So you're like playboy CARDI.
Speaker 3: I like to imagine that like that energy is just always that, you know, playboy card He is never like going deep on anyone.
Speaker 2: He's just I mean selectively.
Speaker 1: Then he will sometimes and you're like, oh, don't do that, be Cardi Cardi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, Olberto.
Speaker 3: Up next, we have an op ed by someone who had their name made fun of at an open mic.
Speaker 2: Never recovered, fucking never recovered.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: I mean like we're obviously like regressing culturally in every way. Like you guys were talking about the Maga TV renaissance that's upon us, like corruption fully normalized, and now we're just getting op eds from white men about how hard life is.
Speaker 3: And you were talking about like people being seeing something and being like I can do that. This guy saw like James Baldwin's writing, Yeah, yeah, I can do that. I have the same man.
Speaker 1: This is a lot like when he went to Paris, Like, yeah, this is on Business Insider. It's a really weird like they have everything from like these em and ms are climbing up the charts to like political news and then other ones like so many anecdotal stories like how I left my job in marketing to be a digital nomad, and why don't regret the decision?
Speaker 2: Up until that last one, it sounds like this show EM and m's mixed with political.
Speaker 1: Political things and yeah, I'm man, but we will, I mean, we are going to continue the tradition by talking about this one.
Speaker 2: Like I said up top, it's called My name is Chad.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm white, working office jobs and sometimes I wear a vest and you happy.
Speaker 2: When when I saw this, like.
Speaker 1: Head, I was like, Okay, where is this going. I was like, maybe this is going to be some kind of reflection on whiteness and how oppression.
Speaker 3: Works or something. Nope.
Speaker 1: The piece starts off with the author let's call him Chad because that is his name, talking about how loaded the name Chad is like in interactions, he says, he references like it couldn't escape it. In like the eighties and nineties, there was like the surfer Chad. Then the two thousand election they were hanging in pregnant chads, my god.
Speaker 3: And now there's like the Internet now, like the Internet.
Speaker 1: Like if you're doom scrolling, people talk about chads all the time and like giga chads.
Speaker 2: So Chad like the nineties.
Speaker 3: Chad thing, by the way, was the most like benign, toothless fucking joke like it was like made specifically like gian for Jay Leno's like super workshopped fucking like focus grouped comedy bits, like it had nothing. It was in no way like other than being sort of annoying that people would be like, oh, Chad hanging Chad, Like for him to act like that was a hardship tells us everything we need to know heading into this article.
Speaker 1: I just want to show, like, this guy's face is so funny because like he's I.
Speaker 4: Want to see him.
Speaker 3: He's holding.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, he's holding a bottle of beer, it says, Chad goes he's so he talks about how the name is like everywhere, and he says, quote, still I worry about it because my name, my name is and sometimes I.
Speaker 1: Look like what people think that means even if I'm.
Speaker 2: Not, And he talks about it.
Speaker 1: I was like I used to even put empty beer bottles on a bookshelf when I was in college. And then he goes on, he's like that Guarantee is a daily being named Chad. Guarantee is a daily dose of perspective. And I'm determined to use it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: It's a reminder not to take myself too seriously. I like that part he goes on about when it starts getting a little bit dodgy being named chat. The only time I truly worry about my name is in professional settings. It's hard not to picture a hiring manager, a potential client, or editor seeing my name and shaking their head. So I hedge from time to time using my initials CW in place of Chad.
Speaker 3: CW.
Speaker 1: Another thing that is violently white.
Speaker 3: Like also has a weird cultural connotation. Just think of me as the CW babe. I go my Michigan j Frog to make sure there's no negative connotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he starts with hello, my baby, Hello e uh, and then it goes I don't want something so trivial to be the difference between success and failure. I feel I owe it to myself to let the work speak for me, not the name, in which when I read that, I became the Willy Wonka meme of please tell me more about it, Tell me about your dark world in which you.
Speaker 3: Have to me. I thinks he's inventing the idea of discrimination totally like he's the Columbus into his head, and he was like, somebody needs to write about this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and the idea of emotions too, like the man a white man grappling with the reality if he may have had an emotion.
Speaker 1: Oh thank god, my empty my empty bottles are still on the shelf.
Speaker 3: You're still chat. You're still chat.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, I really honestly, So he'll go on. You know, I still just can't like the idea.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Oh, Chad, what is it like to be completely judged based on rigid cultural archetypes? You know, it makes you worry about how people will perceive you, right, I mean like that by having the name Chad, they will flatten you into some kind of meme that robs you of your individuality.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just haven't thought of the nuances before this. Chad go on.
Speaker 1: He wraps the piece up about how he misses his best friend.
Speaker 2: This is where it gets so weird.
Speaker 1: I know some things about the name Chad that others don't like. When I hear it spoken by my wife, who doesn't say it often, I can't help but feel small flutter in my chest. Or when I think of my childhood best friend. Sorry, that's some other thing about the name Chad. But all right, all right, sorry, go right right. It's like it's something it's your name. It's that your partner's talking to you. It's like it's that your wife said you're naming you got a little bit horny.
Speaker 3: But again, he thinks that this is he thinks he's the only person who has felt things like that's just power of the name.
Speaker 2: If your name's Jack, you ain't feeling that shit.
Speaker 3: Oh man, sorry.
Speaker 4: It's also really that sentence has could have a mountain of subtext of like why does it, hey, buddy, why doesn't she ever say your name?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: I hope they just walk around in the silence.
Speaker 3: Oh normally, like most wives just grunts in my direction and seems generally disappointed whenever she looks at me, Oh.
Speaker 1: You're still here. I thought you said you're going to go right at the Starbucks today. All right, just don't bother me. I have calls starting at eleven. So then again it's like it's unique to Chaddy.
Speaker 3: Cool. Then he goes on.
Speaker 1: Or when I think of my childhood best friend, whom I haven't spoken to in years, I remember the way our names were always said in a pair Cam and Chad, and I smile because there are lots of stories caught in between the utterance.
Speaker 3: Of those names together. For better or worse.
Speaker 1: Chad is my name, and I still long to hear it said again in the voice of people who are no longer here and whom I miss dearly.
Speaker 3: And it goes on.
Speaker 2: I remember, it's like, and that's sort of like the last sort of paragraph.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, the fact that he hasn't talked to his childhood best friend is the closest he can get to a tragedy exactly.
Speaker 3: That is, he is a fucking tragedy seeking missile. He is just doing anything he can to find anything to be like. I have faced hardship too. Yeah, there's there's that SNL sketch drunk Boyfriend, where the drunk boyfriend started crying about his day. He is my uncle in the morning at three in the morning, crying about an uncle who you've never heard of before, who died seven years earlier. And I used to think that that was the greatest encapsulation of a certain type of white person until I read Chad's article. Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: All Will, I will defend Chad briefly and say that, yes, he's co opting oppression, which is a nightmare. But and it's basically like, this is all. This is all solved immediately in half a therapy session. This is not a news article. Go say that you had two feelings and discuss what it means with a therapist.
Speaker 2: My wife hates me and I miss cam. Yeah, that's it, okay, let's talk about.
Speaker 3: It, right.
Speaker 4: But then I will say he okay, so he adopts the what what happens usually with these days, they adopt rebellion, which they don't need at all. They are you know, they are the oppression, right, But he does turn it using therapy ideas, so at least he's not becoming like violently outraged about it. Although as somebody named mort, I'm like, yeah, try people thinking that your name means that you're a fucking hot hot air balloon captain, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Or like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like Moore is opening yourself up to more bits where people are gonna fuck with you.
Speaker 3: Then like chat, You're like, yeah, whatever, chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a job interviewing, Like all right, this guy's a borsch belt comedian from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: I guess fuck it. They're like, oh, I wasn't expecting you. Yeah. I used to be called like jack Off or jackm Off or you know, help your uncle Jack. I haven't thought about that fact until reading this article. Like the idea that this person is just stuck in that initial in those initial hanging chad jokes and like so wounded by them is just well.
Speaker 4: And Chad is a name for like you can't get Chad all that stuff. It's a name for you guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's shorthand to be like do that just a fucking Chad. That dude's a like yeah again, this is him having to create his own oppression because it's that's that's just what he's been trained to do.
Speaker 3: Is he my name?
Speaker 4: Like that guy you hear my name and you're like, that guy probably has a really weird boner, you know, it's a.
Speaker 2: Very weird boner where there's originals on tep Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more mort's coming.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I love my name and I love who I am, and I think I'm doing wonderful things.
Speaker 1: That I'm trying to be less, especially when you're when you when you hear your wife say it, but also, god damn it if you didn't miss Cam'.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that he's admitting that his heart flutters. I think that's actually I think that's actually good.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, like it's funny, like it could have I could have been fine with this whole thing just at one moment, even if for one moment it could have been more palatable if he just exercised just a fragment of away yes, and to be like, this is wales in comparison to being judged based on your name alone. Ask anyone with a non American white sounding name, Ask a gender fluid person what that's like stepping a room people like, oh, I don't know if I was that even if you did, even if you could acknowledge that and how this, how trivial this is, then it would maybe you.
Speaker 2: Could kind of bring this around to something funny.
Speaker 4: But it's just like when here's Chad and maybe in the nineties and the two thousands and where's Cam.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I don't know, man, why did you publish this business Insider? It's interesting that like in the HTML, like the r L sorry the u r L of this piece it's not like you know, usually sometimes they'll spell the whole article name out. It just said it's business insider dot com slash. My name is widely despised. I love it anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just Chad.
Speaker 3: It's just Chad. Like this, this is the premise of an article written by somebody named Jeffrey Epstein like that, you know, like that should be what it is, but instead it's just somebody who is just fucking digging, just reaching so hard. My name is under their figuernails. My name is dry ass bussy, and I'm I'm learning to live with it.
Speaker 4: Middle name ass name dry all capitalized bussy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I could have taken this in a way that's like, you know, and in many ways, like the discrimination I've faced around, the name Chad is probably more good than bad and has helped me in ways that I haven't even noticed or realized the name Chad probably you know, born on second and not realizing it, thinking I hit a double yeah, exactly exactly. But instead it's just you know, he's exercising his poetry boom exactly. Well.
Speaker 1: I'm the follow up piece that's coming out Monday from Business Insiders called I am Karen, hear me roar parenthetical, starts recording on her phone and crying hysterically.
Speaker 3: This is the name of that.
Speaker 2: I be like, yeah, I'll hear you out, Karen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Karen, you don't want to be called Karen.
Speaker 3: You just don't.
Speaker 1: We're just that's that's what the culture has done to that name. Now, Chad whatever, bro.
Speaker 2: I'd love an essay from Karen Kilgarriff about like what the past five years have been like with an actual hilarious person finger speak about it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, anyways, let's talk about Elon Musk real quick. Just a block of complete ship heads we got. Elon Musk has announced that his scheduled time as a special government employee is now coming to an end. Yeah, definitely. Our writer Jam said it has real. Pucci died on the way back to his own planet energy, but he also along the way, you know, he's like, well, we accomplished what we aimed to. His initial goal was cutting spending by the way bad, cutting spending bad, But his idea was he's going to cut it by two trillion dollars. And then he was like started being like and like, we said, we're going to cut it to one trillion dollars, and then the next time that he was talking about it publicly, he was like, we're going to cut it to like one hundred and fifty billion dollars, so bit off more than he could chew, and is yeah, just all around the latest person to be like I'm going to use this Trump guy and then just get completely fucking owned by Trump and walk out the other side massively diminished in so many different ways. Dude, you do love to see it.
Speaker 1: He got fucking like everything you get, you will get played. You will get played. He plays his own fucking kids. Bro, You're not gonna fucking walk out of there unscathed. You will walk out of there being like, god, damn, I got played. What the fuck?
Speaker 3: And not even that, I'm like, I feel bad for you.
Speaker 1: That's what you get, k oh, for sure the one joy we have of this fucking administration. Just walk out of there with your head hung low. But I mean, like this is all coming as Musk is publicly disagreeing with Trump over the spending bill, being like it's kind of antithetical to the whole Doge mission to like increase spending. Like that's like, dude, just shut up, like you you couldn't even he got pressed by a riport. He's like, even if you cut this much money every single day, you still wouldn't hit your goal, like in the timeframe you're saying. He's like, and he like lost it because they just bothered to do a simple calculations, Like it's not about that.
Speaker 2: It's not about that.
Speaker 1: It's like, well that's what you're saying, doge will do. But yeah, now we're kind of we're truly seeing just how weakened Musk is. There's also this these reports like where Musk suddenly appeared on Trump's Middle East like grifter trip, like and it were like, oh, oh yeah, what's Elon must doing there? Apparently he was there because he caught wind of a deal that was going to be announced between the White House, United Arab Emirates and his main op Sam Altman's Open AI for some big earth killer fucking AI project, and he went there to try and poison the well and sour the deal to either get Altman off of it or to get his company x AI to also be named in it. And he had no capital. They're like, yeah, sorry, we're.
Speaker 3: Going through with it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing you can do, and he was like fuck. So now he's slunking.
Speaker 4: At us, just all like, well, I guess my term is up.
Speaker 1: But he is taking. Like I said, he just hired Stephen Miller's wife to work for him personally.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait until he gets her pregnant.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm saying maybe Musk heard that she had three kids with teenage mutant Ninja Gebels and was like, oh, fertile are we? And because I do not have intercourse, but I like to be around fertile people, So yeah, could you open.
Speaker 3: This envelope please? And you're pregnant with my child?
Speaker 4: Yew don't Also when you like when you when you multiply things with negative numbers, it becomes negative. Right, So those two the lack of charisma between like like Steven Miller times Elon Musk times his wife. The child that that would create, it would be just a human.
Speaker 1: Black It would ye antimatter. Yeah, that would consume the mother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it'd be like the energy vampire from what we do in the Shadows. But all but that also has a chainsaw for somebody, like the most fright and confusing thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say the chainsaw is the one good because like usually the conservatives who like slash spending and just like ruin all governmental programs don't do it with like a lot of flair. They're usually like do it they know that it's bad, so they do it like behind closed doors. So for somebody to like, you know, do a Nazi salute and then like come through with a prop gigantic chainsaw and like completely ruin all of these government programs, I do feel like, you know, we're just by necessity. I think we're headed for a shift where people are going to, you know, the end of this neoliberal idea that like government's spending bad, privatization gave us a Coca cola, so like must be good. I think we're headed for an end to that thinking. But I think this is helpful. It helps that shift along its way for people to be like oh yeah, they like literally like celebratory in a celebratory manner, just treaded all these things that the world relies on, that our world relies on. Yeah, so he's congratulations, I mean, like a truly a complete fucking moron.
Speaker 1: And yeah, as you people, as people read articles about it and they talk about why he's leaving and like there's a Washington Post article.
Speaker 2: He's like, we're those just became the whipping boy for everyone's misgivings about what's happening.
Speaker 3: And it's really unfair.
Speaker 2: Not one mention of his Nazi ship.
Speaker 3: Come the fuck on you, What the fuck do you think anyway? Whatever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, all I did was shotgun amphetamines and put on meme glasses and come like, but you know do with Raisist salutes you.
Speaker 3: Why is everybody so mad at me?
Speaker 1: This is how he described it in an interview on CNNBC CNBC recently, like about like everyone is just absurd, he basically said. He said, in fact, every politician, any public speaker who has spoken for any length of time has.
Speaker 3: Made the exact same gesture.
Speaker 2: He kept saying he did.
Speaker 3: He addressed his Nazis.
Speaker 1: He's saying, He's like, they're trying to misconstrue. I said, my heart goes out to you, My heart goes easy, baby, easy, poppy.
Speaker 4: It's you can also you can't like give somebody the middle finger and be like no, no, I'm just pointing to your mouth, right, you know what I mean? Like there are gestures that means you know.
Speaker 3: This, you know, at a time when he was giving speeches and like pushing for uh Germany to stop being so hard on like not on themselves about their past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly like get over the Holocaust.
Speaker 3: A At that time, he uh did he did say like, my heart goes out to you. After he did this, he he also stopped his speech, stepped to the side, and then gave the most enthusiastic Nazi select possible, Like the Nazis call that s OP standard operating procedure in terms that would be like you're doing a lot. Yeah, you're like that's all. That was very like you you almost like threw your back out when you did that. So we're trying not to like we want this to be sustainable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Hitler saw that, he'd be like that boy has too much dip on his chip.
Speaker 3: Hitler was flying on emphatics like that. It was like that guy's got wait thanks, have you ever seen that clip of him just like rocking back and forth.
Speaker 2: It's just like so fucking hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then did it again and then less to anybody think that he was fucking around or.
Speaker 1: And then also only let's not forget the string of imperson like other people who are like, oh, okay, it's cool now, oh we good here that like in the following events, like in conservative events, people start doing it and then they're.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, that was a that was not what I was doing. It was like what you are? Fuck?
Speaker 4: And then he also didn't He kind of immediately twists tweet a whole bunch of like not Holocaust puns about it.
Speaker 1: Right, He's always I don't know, maybe he did.
Speaker 4: I think he did, yeah, which is psychotic, like you cannot you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is this, it's all trolling. It's all again.
Speaker 4: This is a fifty nine sixty four year old man who's desperate for the validation of four chan in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know. Yeah. Quent is obviously super super deserved. Victor points out that Nick Quent has the like open not like legit, like yeah, a nounci I think I think the Holocaust good? I am Nazi? He was like, are you wait, are you kidding me? You don't think that was nazis? He his next show just like laughing. He was like, my god, get it all right. Even he was like a little too much dip on your chip. Yeah, like that was a lot blown. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can't just throw the frog in a boiling pot of Nazi water, you know what, You gotta turn it up gradually.
Speaker 2: Bad for sales, Yeah, at the very least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: And Russia has kind of a genius idea. What if? What if muppet babies but dictators modern dictators?
Speaker 1: Oh, go on.
Speaker 3: The Russian government is making a propaganda cartoon for toddlers. The only clip that has been released so far the show is called sand Pit. For some reason, it's like Pixar. You've seen these, you know, animations, sort of like a cocoa melon level. Like, it's like Pixar giant freaky baby face.
Speaker 4: I love that the closest Russians can get to being cute is sand Pit. Like that, it's what children, we will call it, buzzsaw ham the face, Like.
Speaker 3: Go play in the sand pit you mean the sandbox? Yes, whatever, Okay, welcome to this garden. This garden. There's no time for joy over the age of two, all right, So we get to see in the clip putin Kim Jong un elon Musk and Trump.
Speaker 2: So this should be called Russian puppet babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, babies, we've got compromid on you.
Speaker 3: It is designed to instill patriotism from an early age and teach Russian preschool children to quote discuss geopoloitics. I kind of love the scene cool digs at Macrone's wife's age and references to the collapse of Skype. You know, you know the stuff that kids like to.
Speaker 4: Teach kids that to hate the fact that women age, you're shit, never too young.
Speaker 1: To No, that's not the lesson. What we are doing is thumbing our noses at the French Republic. That's that misogynistic swipe it.
Speaker 3: Don't aggest that mister Macron should not be allowed to hang out with the other leaders on holiday and istanbul what why? Okay, because you are always with your granny burn oh man.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they're talking about hanging with Erwan in Turkey. That's why they're all okay, that makes sense that but.
Speaker 3: Like, really, like you have to be paying attention to international politics. How are you gonna make Eran look cute? What is that version they made everybody look? It's kind of weird. Putin just looks fucking haunted. It's everybody looks cute, and then Putin has like a receding hairline and like eyes that look like they've seen both world wars at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's hilarious that their call out of this is that even among dictators Putin is troubling.
Speaker 1: You know, I think this is the trouble with telling AI to make depictions of people, because it's like, oh, yeah, like we can work with Kim Jong. We kind of got a round baby face. That'll work Trump even fine.
Speaker 3: Putin.
Speaker 1: They're like, we've only got these like weird, ghoulish photos of the coming back ghostly like it is the kid that would die in the next.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it would be like and then he caught the consumption and is he wearing like a terry cloth karate gi? He's wearing a karate g because big big Judoh yeah yeah, big Judoka. Hey, big Judo, he big Judo. And you don't know and you don't know your guns are hand me downs. Okay, I'm sorry you didn't know that, and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that.
Speaker 1: And yes, but I will get you that ship that Gretzky skate on, but I we do just want to acknowledge here that this is nothing new for Americans. Oh no, we have been at the forefront of brainwashing children with presidential propaganda for decades. More recently, there's just been a couple Magal loyalists who have created children's books. I guess by turning Trump into like a children's book hero, it's just weird how effective it is. It's almost like he's really receptive to children book level, like that medium for whatever reason, speaks particularly to Trump.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm not gonna say it has anything to do with his reading level, but just current Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee published his Kid's Guide to President Trump last year. The book supports the execution of drug smugglers, describes illegal immigration as when people come to take money and jobs without paying taxes, sneak in to sell drugs, commit other crimes, and in the worst case, commit acts of terrorism. Kids again like fun, fun stuff for children.
Speaker 2: And yet somehow they're capturing the youth.
Speaker 3: Vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because kids love something they're not paying taxes. That's what they're going to talk about on the sea saw later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know they're not kids. Fucking hate when people don't pay taxes, by the way, obviously, like the Republicans are the people who don't pay taxes, right, and it's actually pay text at a much higher rate than non immigrants. Then you have FBI director Cash Ptel, who, before getting that job, wrote a trilogy of kids books in which Trump is a king whose election is threatened. You fucking plot against the King is one of them. Uh, and he's only victorious thanks to a wizard named Cash. So like, truly, just I'm this was aimed at Trump, Like this is squarely like he's going to read it because it's like at his level and I'm gonna just slide to some information. So I don't know that this isn't necessarily aimed at children as much as this one's aimed at an aging man with the reading level of a child. Yeah, but there have been I mean, but even before this era, there have been tons of comic books starring US presidents from both parties and yeah, just turning the president into a kid friendly hero. There's the famous Spider Man comment, in which an impersonator takes Barack Obama's form and Spider Man has to stop the impersonator and then determine the real Obama via his basketball skills.
Speaker 1: What yeah, oh wow, the time honored negro verification device the basketball What the fuck kind of.
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay, home boy, let me see you go around the world with it?
Speaker 2: Like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I actually need to see this comic book. Now what is he like?
Speaker 2: At which point the real Obama thanks Peter Parker with a fist bump.
Speaker 1: Did Chad write this from the last story?
Speaker 2: Oh my friend Obama?
Speaker 1: The basketball man got the president, ask him about geopolitics?
Speaker 2: Even let's see how you nice? How nice you are with the rock fan.
Speaker 4: Let's see how good he is it wrapping.
Speaker 1: Like the next one Okay Challenge three breakdancing competition.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: So they're like and then just some other black guy takes his place and nobody can tell the difference. Yeah, that's the real problem. That's the real scary thing, this black president. We're gonna know? How are we gonna know?
Speaker 1: And that's the alarm we were trying to raise in this amazing Spider Man issue.
Speaker 3: It was a massive hit. Hundreds of people were standing. I think it was you know, it was early. It was like an inauguration day of the first Obama administration. Racism died that day. I get it.
Speaker 2: Finally we can get away with saying this stuff.
Speaker 3: Racism is over.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, I think it's just so cool. I think this is so cool.
Speaker 1: I think this is gonna be my favorite Spider Man edition I've ever bought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've got to find like the videos of people going.
Speaker 3: To buy this.
Speaker 1: I just remember, I think a lot of any black person who voted that day will probably probably the same experience of a white person looking at you and be like.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, hey, we're doing it, in it together, We're doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, and then I remember there's another at the time, because I was living at my my child at home, like with my mom, there's this other black.
Speaker 3: Dude in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: We had him like looking at together and like, okay, man, look gay Obama baby.
Speaker 3: Another guy like get in there, like dove between your eye contact to dab each other up. He's like, yes, fucks up the handshake, Yes I can.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what do you doing? Why are you wrapping your fingers in my hands?
Speaker 3: Why'd you grab my fist and then fist bumped my palm.
Speaker 2: Don't ever ask me what's bracking again? You can get fucked up for saying things like that.
Speaker 3: And it goes back to Nixon worked with the Fantastic Four, Superman with Buddies with the JFK obviously were on that one.
Speaker 4: Dipshit slower than a speeding bull.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn sun.
Speaker 1: What I mean if you even think about it, Remember there, Bill Clinton's cat had a fucking video game, Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill was I remember that game, and I was like, bro, this game. I remember renting it as lot. But yes, bro, because at the time when I was going there, I was getting games. I was super Nintendo. The only thing I wanted was f Zero or Street Fighter too. They were always out. So then I would have to go to some consolation game and then.
Speaker 3: A hundred copies of the Bill You get it.
Speaker 1: You get this game fucking Socks the Cat, and you got fucking Bill playing. Do you guys remember this game?
Speaker 3: No, I want to play it bad.
Speaker 2: It's fucking terrible anyway.
Speaker 3: It socks kind of a jerk.
Speaker 4: He looks like he's got a little bit of like kind of Bart simpsonnatitude.
Speaker 1: He's kind of doing his thing. I think there's a reference like yeah, Nixon, there's all kinds of shit.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah real, what does this one say?
Speaker 3: No, we're whatever.
Speaker 1: There's like people, Oh, he's like I feel like we can protesters, you know what. I feel like we need to find this game again. What happened this game? It's incredible anyway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like a true high point of neoliberalism. Super Nintendo game made about Clinton's or criminal with a saxophone.
Speaker 2: Like it's like the saxophone did so much work for.
Speaker 3: Him, and the front the cover art for the Super Nintendo game like looks like it got some notes back that was like, I don't know, could the jaw be a little bit bigger, square, a little more square? I should have a jaw Like my name is Chad or let's gray hair. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is there a level where he has to dodge accusations from Monica Lewinsky, who's.
Speaker 3: Like who's like a big, scary, evil boss. Like it's kind of wild that this whole trend got started because the very first example of this is the nineteen sixties Saturday Morning cartoon Super President, in which the commander in Chief, which is just like kind of a generic commander in chief because it was LBJ at the time that nobody was like, yeah, LBJ would be a cool Saturday morning cartoon character. So they just had a generic blonde haired president who got superpowers, and everyone was like, this is bad. The Vietnam War is happening. It is that this is The National Association Broadcaster called the show, which aired in the midst of the Vietnam War quote an all time low and bad taste. With the President of the United States in a superman role. NBC was responsible for this direct ideological approach to totalitarianism. We fear that there may be other broadcasters who are irresponsible enough to keep it in circulation. I like that they were on the lookout for total tanism. Yeah, like couldn't be.
Speaker 1: A y'all't even talk about the tet offensive that just happened.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going on with you?
Speaker 1: I also love they really kept it in line, just reminding people it's like, yo, we'll drop a fucking bomb on you. Because the logo on top of supers the super President's just he got an atomic particle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has his thing. Don't get it fucked up. We do have that thang on us, Like fifteen years later. Yes, it's happening in the sixties. This is like because that was kind of memory.
Speaker 1: There was that whole like atomic sort of aesthetic trend back then, you know, or like there were like clocks and things that were all sort of like inspired by atomic shit.
Speaker 3: Yeahah.
Speaker 4: It's also like people are seeing, you know, in Vietnam, they're seeing actual photos of the war. So this propaganda so far behind that to people be like no, no, you can't address this with a cartoon, motherfuckers, Like what are you?
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 3: Do something serious. It's also wild that the president has a white hood on, is it. Yeah, it's it's like a point like a white batman mask. But you can't really see that without at least, you know, thinking of the clan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't pull that off. Sorry, sorry, Chad. I know you love that white sisty that you wear.
Speaker 2: Out in public, but it kind of feels like a clan.
Speaker 3: Hud Well, mort Burke, what a pleasure having you back. Thanks for having people. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff? Yeah at mort Burke on the.
Speaker 4: Socials, Please listen to Rebrand. Listen to Rebrand the podcast with my lovely wife Ashley Birch.
Speaker 3: It's fun. Yeah, yeah, great show. And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying? Uh, you know what?
Speaker 4: I really okay, there's this Uh it's like a couple of quote or something from a while ago. Who's like this like two thousand and nine or something. He's like, there's a woman, there's a random like eight year old girl in Iowa who just has access to you know, cameras that are starting to be able to and she's like a filmic genius. And there's this YouTube video I was randomly suggested the other day which is like this the most beautiful piece of like pastiche art and it's about grief and it's called twenty twenty one and it's by McKenna Magasis m A g A Sis. It's like really sad and powerful and beautiful. It reminds me of like the time in YouTube where if you post, you didn't have to be a corporation. You could post something good. Before it was just like you're only being suggested videos by mister beast being like what if we made these housewives live like pow' you know. Like so anyway, it's this really beautiful piece of work called twenty twenty one McKenna macgasis sounds great.
Speaker 3: We will link off to that in the footnotes. Where can people find you? Is there a working media you've been enjoying? Yeah, find me everywhere.
Speaker 1: They have at Symbols, at Miles of Gray, Where else, basketball podcast, Miles of Jack on Mad Busti's ninety Day Fiance podcast for twenty day Fiona say, that's where you find alternative topics, not just us talking about how sick chads are. Dude and Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton's fucking video game, a couple of works on media. I like this essay by Ruby Nell sales Uh in the shed dot Org. It was it's just an just an essay on, you know, talking about whiteness. She's a brilliant, brilliant thinker, scholar, activist. I'll link to that in the footnotes. It's just I just thought of it as reading the Chad article and it's just sort of like her sort of expounding on whiteness and how it robs us all of our humanity. I think is a really interesting topic. So all if you want, if you're interested in that article, that will be in the footnotes. Also talking about social nihilism.
Speaker 2: He's starting a conversation, that's all. And that's all that Chad was trying to do.
Speaker 1: And that's and you know what, and that's beautiful, guys, and and and honestly, you're welcome what he's fucking saying. In terms of little bits of posts and wacky thing I like, yes, there are a couple of things at Otsumami boy dot bsky dot social aka lupita nihongo which is the Japanese words for Japanese u it posted on Blue Sky. We are like six months from having them outlaw seat belts and it's like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We're we're getting there.
Speaker 2: We're getting there.
Speaker 1: Then, Ken Jennings at Ken Jennings at bisky dot social posted dressing like a guy in and or now my shirt collar is also part of my jacket. Somehow my tie is some kind of strap. I have two capes on. That's how that that's how that android drip does look.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian on Blue Sky at jack ob the number one working media. I've been enjoying Uber driver hiccups at Idaho Bones tweeted you are not giving me time back by ending a meeting early. My time was mine all along, and the time I had with you was incredible and worth every second. And son No who s O n h O R tweeted, not to be dramatic, but when I accidentally save a file twice and it adds that one at the end, it is the worst moment of my life. Not to be dramatic. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and you will find the footnote no, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode.
Speaker 2: We also look off to a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 3: Say, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a I just got put onto a group called Bronco. It's spelled Broncho though b r O n c h oh, maybe it's Bronco. They're from Tulsa. From what I'm reading, man, this track is called Funny. It's like a super kind of dreamy Psyche's track Rock. I don't know who to kind of compare it to. It just has like this, like the vocals are super ethereal, dreamy and it's like I didn't know if they were speaking French or what, but they are speaking English.
Speaker 3: So it's totally like.
Speaker 1: Muddled, but the vibe is like nice. So this is a good way to kick off your weekend. This is funny by Bronco.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, we will link off to that in the foot note for The Daily Zeitgeist is.
Speaker 2: A production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this week. We are back on Monday to tell you what was trying to go over the weekend. We have a weekly Zeitgeist, which is some of the greatest hits the you might have missed in this week's episode dropping tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk to you all Monday.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend, everybody, Bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 4: The Daily zeit Geist is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bae Wang
Speaker 3: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by Jam edited and engineered by Justin Conner.