Speaker 1: What'saw people?
Speaker 2: This is your boy Jay Willard Ethan Spanish.
Speaker 1: Check out my cool.
Speaker 2: Podcast in the Bootleg keV Podcast.
Speaker 3: Bout Leg cav Podcast, Blue Leg Cavs Show Special guests in here, superstar Jay Wheelers here rather to see you too, bro.
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? Very good? I mean a little bit tired because like the time zone here is way different from you're the East Coast. Yeah, so I am a little bit tired, but yeah, I'm appy excited with everything that's happening with this new album and this new type of music that I'm doing right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you were saying, you're doing more kind of like a trap R and B type of vibe on this album, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something very different because I know people and I used to like me doing those stuff. I have come out of on songs that are been like R and B trap, but I've never done it like for myself.
Speaker 4: So would you consider like your style more like like heartbreak music because my artist Alexis, he's just he loved I mean you, Alexis, He's uh, he speaks Spanish and he's always like I love Jay Ship because it's like he talks about heartbreak. He talks about like going through like depression and going through sad times.
Speaker 2: And ship like Yeah, yeah, I consider myself like that that type of music. That's my favorite music to do, right, because I feel like I flow so easily. I don't know. Probably it's because that I've been through a lot of stuff in love and and the fact that I've been singing in my whole life, So that's probably why it's so easy. And obviously in this album, I'm not gonna live out some of those styles of the songs, but but yeah, I am focusing on a little bit of trapping ivy. But yes, if you if you guys consider me like this romantic guy on the on the music industry, and yes, it's gonna be a little bit not wrong though, Yeah, this one's gonna be a little bit, a little bit different.
Speaker 4: A little bit different. Who are you told me you have? You've already worked with hit Maker before, but you got some hit Maker records on this new album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to two songs from hip Maker. I mean working with him was was fun at the same time was challenging because it's not the same thing talking then singing in English is very difficult, like the pronunciations are as you can see. I'm not I'm not one hundred percent perfect when I'm pronouncing in the worst, but it is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit challenging, but it was crazy. And and the fact that I am singing in English and be able to like drop the song in one of my albums is blessing.
Speaker 4: This is the first time you've done like an English and songs on an album that's mostly Spanish, right, uh.
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know if I dropped an English song in one of my and an EP I did it in an ep I, I dropped a Spanish and an English song.
Speaker 4: What like for you growing up in Puerto Rico, what was like the American artist that like you kind of grew up listening to that maybe helped kind of form some of your style outside of the Spanish stuff.
Speaker 2: I listen to a lot of people like Chris Brown, Casey and Joe Joe Boys to men uh damn a lot. That's a lot of people Rihanna, Neo and Neil was like one of the.
Speaker 4: Biggest Yeah, I mean his penn game's crazy. He's one of the best songwriters exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, a lot of people I listened to a lot of people, and obviously I don't know how I molded myself to like be Jay Whiller with listening to all of them so being inspired by them, so so yeah, but yeah, I listened to a lot of people.
Speaker 4: How hip art like like it's crazy to see like, uh, like Mexican artists having this huge wave right now, like paese Ol Pluma is so huge and it happened like super quick, Like were you hip to like what he had been had like had going on for a while because it just seems like I just woke up one day and pays so Pluma was like the biggest ship.
Speaker 1: I didn't didn't I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: I mean I realized one song was like the one that says gone By When when I listened to that song, I was like, Okay, where is this guy? That was the first time I heard him.
Speaker 4: After that it was over.
Speaker 2: I listened to him like, I mean, I seen him and I listened to him and I TikTok everywhere He's everywhere. He's one of the biggest artists I think right now. So I don't know how it happens.
Speaker 4: Is like the Mexican stuff hitting in in like a place like Puerto Rico at all. I mean because it's different. It's obviously totally different music.
Speaker 2: I mean we we as artists have tried to like put it there. But yeah, I think I think now because of what people's special Pluma and Bad Bunny is doing with I think this. Yeah, I think Puerto Rico is starting to like get the flow of the mystic music.
Speaker 4: But I feel the songs, yeah, I feel like Puerto Rican music obviously reggae's home like music out of Puerto Rico. The dr has like Mexico's embraced it. You know what I'm saying, Like if you go to Mexico, like that's what they're playing on the boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So I was just wondering if like they, like Mexican music had a crossover moment the other direction.
Speaker 2: Ye, some of the songs, like the biggest songs yeah in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's they're they're there somewhere.
Speaker 4: That's dope.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You just so you're recently married, yes, which is still your wife's here? She brought your French bulldog? Yeah, what's your French bulldog's name? Lilo? Lila?
Speaker 2: I got two dogs. I got Lilo and I got a new Finland. Uh. I just wanted a big dog.
Speaker 4: Just can't travel as easy exactly.
Speaker 1: And he's in training right now.
Speaker 4: He's called like, what are you getting him trained for? Just like sitting to be a service dog? Oh okay, okay, so then you could take him on the plane. Exactly. That's my whole point. You know, they sell the Amazon little vest for the dogs that aren't like I mean, it's kind of the the the bootleg way of doing it. We we tried it and then work. Oh it didn't Oh you already tried it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tried a whole bunch of things. So like, get the fact that she's here is a surprise, because they almost not let us bring her here. She's not a service dog.
Speaker 2: I mean she's she is now, but we don't have the papers on them.
Speaker 4: You don't want her on You don't want that dog to be in the bottom of the plane. You got to carry the exactly, no, no, obviously, yeah, because of the way, I don't want none of the dogs.
Speaker 2: No, no, not my dog's in theme.
Speaker 4: You might have to buy a seat for the big dog though, exactly, I don't mind. What up, guys, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our good folks at my Bookie. NFL season is upon us, and let me tell you something, my Bookie. This new season is gonna be crazy because right now, at my Bookie, you could do the early cash out. That's right. If you're betting. Maybe you got a parlay going the first two legs, your parlay hit, you want to cash out early. Guess what you can now do that at my Bookie, all right, or you can let it ride, you know, maybe flipping into a bigger parlay. It's up to you. NFL season is finally here though, all right, So look what I need y'all to do is go to my Bookie dot ag right now, sign up, all right with that promo code Bootleg. And this season we are not playing. There is a no strings attached cash bonus, that's right. It lets you deposit and withdraw quick all right. On a deposit of fifty dollars or more, you can receive up to two hundred dollars in cash instantly to your my Bookie account, no strings attached. This is crazy, by the way, this is like revolutionary. If we will, I mean, come on, what are we doing? Go to my Bookie dot ag. Sign up with that promo code Bootleg right now, and on a posit of fifty dollars or more, you can receive up to two hundred dollars in cash instantly in your my Bookie account, no strings attached. Let's get some futures going. Who you think is gonna win the Super Bowl? Who do you think is gonna win Week one? Let's get that Week one action already rolling in? All right? I cannot wait. My favorite part of the year to gamble is NFL season, and now is the time. And if you're not into football, they also got the full service casino slots, all the table games, card games, whatever you're into my Bookie dot ag, go make your first deposit with that promo code Bootleg when you sign up for a new account and get free cash. All right. Also, I want to give a shout out to our family and my bookie. Wait already shout it out, my Bookie. I want to shout out to Blue Choo Man. Shouts to Blue Shoo. Look blue Choo. If you did not know, fellas, if you're out there dealing with some sort of a rectile dysfunction, your dick game could be a little bit more raw. You know what I'm saying. It sound like a goddamn what was a guy his name who did Panda Panda Panda? That was a designer ad lib. Anyway, listen, if you are dealing with stress of work, maybe your dick is not working the way you'd like it to, or you can just a little more else pep in your step. Go to bluechoo dot com right now. Use the promo code bootleg when you go there, and they're gonna give you your first month for free bluehoo dot com promo code bootleg. Now, what is bluetoo? Doesn't work? Of course it works, all right? What is it? It's the same active ingredient as viagra and cialis, but it's in a chewable form and you don't have to go to the doctors for it. That's the best part. You just go online, you handle your business. You get the first month for free when you sign up with that promo code bootleg. All right, and listen, it goes straight to your door. It's in a true per form, very discreet, No awkward conversations about your dick with strangers. No, you just go on the website, handle your business. There, all right, blue chew dot com promo code bootleg. Trust me, it's summer, well end the summer, to be honest, summers about to be fucking over with all right, So you know you listen cuffing seasons on the way. Before you know it, you could close your eyes boom cuffing season, and you're gonna want to make sure your dick is in the you know, best possible position to impress. So go to blue shoo dot com, use that promo code boot leg and get your first month for free. Let's get back to the interviews. I know your your wife does music as well. You guys have a song together. Did you guys meet their music?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, because I used to be a fan of what she does. She was used to be in a show called Labanda Band and I used to see I used to see her there all my life, all the time. And I remember I sold my best friend, which is here right now. Yeah, I told him that I was going to marry that girl. But it was a long time ago. It was like two thousand and eighteen, twenty seventeen. Wow, And I did never I mean the time that I said it, obviously I meant it. And obviously I wanted it. But you know when you say that when you see a beautiful girl.
Speaker 4: And I said that about j Loo when I was like thirteen.
Speaker 1: Exactly, sorry about that.
Speaker 4: I mean, shot to my wife, she's better than jail. Of course you better fix that, my wife.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I used to say that a lot with my best friends and I obviously, but yeah, in the it was a DM that I sent her. I told her like, hey, you're super talented. But I sent them the DM when I was Jay Willer and when I had my verification and I knew that she was going to see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she sees the DM.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wrote me back.
Speaker 2: She was like, oh, thank you, but nothing happened because she was in a relationship. I was like in a fucked relationship too, and we were like, you know, it's just fans.
Speaker 1: Just we had each other in the in the.
Speaker 4: So you gut social media up each other's messed up relationships?
Speaker 2: No no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: No no no no.
Speaker 4: When you were you guys were each other's backup plans.
Speaker 2: I mean people, people are gonna people are seeing it right now like that because stuff happening in the in the social media that people are like people don't know and they think they know because they heard and whatever. But the fact, the real story is that when I was single, when I have my life, like okay, I was like, I don't want nobody in my life because I don't because I went.
Speaker 1: Through a whole bunch of things.
Speaker 2: She was single, she was in the same mentality, and God just put us together.
Speaker 4: How long were you guys dating before you pop the question?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: Like months?
Speaker 2: But I told her like, like the first week, I was less than a year. Yeah, oh this is oh wow, like eight like eight months eight months.
Speaker 4: After I'm curious, after you guys started dating, did she bring up the fact that she may or may not have seen your elk Dick video on the internet.
Speaker 1: No, she did.
Speaker 4: She already do research on what she was working with.
Speaker 2: Led her ass off, like I was not I don't even know what she's talking about.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yes, you.
Speaker 4: Have seen it. You see that.
Speaker 2: I mean at the time, I was like, you've never seen it, and she was like no, no, no, but I know she saw it.
Speaker 4: She saw it. She's still saying she didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's still saying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to dinner and then.
Speaker 4: Embarrassed. So this was this before you guys had hooked up yet. Yeah, I mean she probably goes straight home and it's like exactly, She's like, let me see what this guy's working with because if it's small, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Giving exactly what happened after that, she was like, okay, I'm marry this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it was over and got a fucking two dogs exactly. Yeah, look at that. That moved quickly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, no, but yeah, no for real, like it was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy experience because I remember, like I said, I didn't I didn't want nobody in my life at that time. I was like, I would you know what I'm going to do. I'm just go enjoy the fact that I'm single and I'm gonna do whatever the artists always say that they do that they be with a whole bunch of girls. I want to do all of that. And God was like, nope, I'm gonna send you like this your christ.
Speaker 4: You thought, yeah, yeah, wow, check you out. You manifested it, yes, sir, good for you, and now you're married. Yes I am.
Speaker 1: It was the wedding, I mean, we did a say how do you say that know, like like the paper wedding.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, you guys just went to the courthouse.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it wasn't my house.
Speaker 4: We did like a.
Speaker 2: Ceremony, okay, but it wasn't like a crazy like no, we're gonna do the crazy one, which is the one that has my wife's stress out right now in December two.
Speaker 4: Oh so you guys are doing the big, big one.
Speaker 2: The big big one with the whole family in December two in Puerto Rico. Why. We did like a small ceremony, but when we send when we signed the.
Speaker 4: Papers, wow, in our house. That's fire man, congratulations.
Speaker 1: I'm a romantic guy.
Speaker 4: You know, if you would really be the goat, if you could just do the ceremony and get away with not doing the big wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean we tried, yeah, but she did that's impossible.
Speaker 1: It's impossible. We need to do it.
Speaker 4: I feel like the big wedding day is strictly for the woman. It is. It's like, why can't we just buy a new house with this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: She was like, ah, like a brand new paid off g wagon or something. What do we do? It's like, oh, do you like this? And I'm like, maybe do you like it. Yeah, then I like it too. Whatever you like. Yeah, this is all for you. I want to do it.
Speaker 1: Just be there because I'm your husband to show up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be there. Yeah, I won't be late exactly. How is your bachelor party?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't have no bachelor I don't like that ship really.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't like that sh It's interesting.
Speaker 2: And I mean they did a like they did. They did a little thing for her and I just played video games. So she had a bachelorette Yeah, in her house with her friends. Wow, and you played video game video games. That's not bachel the game check you, Yes, sir, I don't like that shit. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm too jealous for that.
Speaker 4: How did she get so lucky? I have such a sweet man in her life?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a catch you are. J Wheeler. Thank you. Hey, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our partners at odd socks. Maybe that's right. Shout out to our family of odd socks. Man. Look the most comfortable socks in the entire world. Odd socksofficial dot com. They just got the Coca Cola license, They got the scarface license. They got the WWE license. They got fucking kool Aid socks. Chucky. You know what I'm saying, Halloween's coming, get them fucking Chucky socks. Speaking of Halloween, what about the Ghostbuster joints man? Who is our gas? They even got the Ghostbuster underwear. What I'm trying to tell you is whatever you're into, they got them at odd sox, odd socksoficial dot com. They just locked in the brand new saving Uh what's it called. Well, look, they got transformers and power rangers. That's essentially what I'm srying. Oh, Hasboro Hasboro license. All right, they got all the socks, draws, all that shit. Plus they got odd socks basics, which are my favorite just the normal guys. I mean, I wear them every single day in my life. They're literally the most comfortable socks. And don't forget about the underwear, ladies and gentlemen. The underwear there. If you want to get twenty percent off at checkout, go to odd socksofficial dot com. Use that promo code Bootleg twenty percent off at checkout odd socksofficial dot com. Trust me, all right, you go with some of these odd socks. You put them on today. The most comfortable socks you ever put on your motherfucking life. You know what I'm saying, DM me, I might gonna reply, but they because you're a liar, you know what I mean. Anyway, Also want to give a big shout out to our family at King Pom. Baby, that's right, shout out to King Pom.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I've been smoking these King Poms since they've come on board, and I don't know what, man, Look bruh, these things right here. It's a tobacco free leaf. Just organic, no like, no bullshit, you know what I'm saying. Just organic. I mean this thing right here, this is like, it's natural. I like about it. You know what I'm saying. Now. This is where I like about King Palms is I went from smoking just straight papers to strictly King palms and I love it because I like the way they burn and I like the way they taste. Because what they do have are these turpene flavor tips. Yes, they're infused on the tip, tobacco free. You squeeze the tip and it's a burst of flavor. These are the sugar punch of shot to sugar. Shan O'Malley, these are the dragonfruits here. What do we got here? We got grape. They got all kinds of flavors, I mean literally watermelon. They got an energy drink flavor, California cream, whatever it is. And check this out right now. Not only can you go and get King Palm at your favorite smoke shop by your house, maybe seven eleven pop In, get you some King Pom whatever smoke shop is near you has King Poms, liquor stores all that, but you can also go to the website and get fifty percent off half off whatever you want to order from King Palm. They got the smoking accessories, the ashtrays, the grinders, I mean, the glass tips, whatever you're into. Kingpom dot promo code Bootleg say fifty percent off at checkout. Shout out to King Pom Man. I'm about to smoke up right now after this podcast. All right, let's get back to the interview. I'm curious in like, uh like American music, right, Like if somebody who did kind of like the type of music that you're known for doing, kind of like switched up and did some like trap hip hop, there might be some like negative feedback or people thinking that like, hey, you know, this is not what you do, like do you do you? Are you getting any of that type of feedback from your fans or from fans of.
Speaker 2: The fans are complicated, And when I say complicated, it takes them a little bit of time to like accept what you're doing. And the fans are they go with the flow. Like I said when I when I first dropped was my trap song right now? Is like my going crazy? Right yeah, it's going crazy right now? And people were like, I don't know, Jay, I miss you. I missed the and that was only one song and people were like, I miss you after and that song. I dropped the whole album with romantic music, but with one song, people were like, I missed the old J.
Speaker 4: Where's J?
Speaker 2: And as soon as I did the remix and annoel and Bya Myers We're in the remix, people were like.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love this J. Songs like already gold in Spain I think, or yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It is it is and right now people are like, Okay, I love this J. I love the fact that Jay singing trap. So it's it's ex a little bit of time to like make your fans accept that you're doing something new. But when you do something new, you have to be careful when you do it and how you do it, because you need to like you can't just go out of whatever it is that you're doing and just do something new. So that's why I'm in this album. I'm dropping like a little bit of both. Like I'm doing romantic songs but in a trap in an R and B trappy type of beat, you know. So, and I'm doing sad songs, and I'm doing like sex songs, and I'm doing like songs that talk about drugs. I'm doing all of it, but I am trying to like keep the j Willer, the j Willer vibe on those, to.
Speaker 4: Keep those those Day One fans exactly, peace exactly. I was gonna ask you, uh, as somebody who's from Puerto Rico. I know you're living in the States now, how do you feel about some of the like people who are moving to Puerto Rico for tax benefits because I saw, like I think the Paul Brothers live there, like Logan Paul lives there.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to feel. I mean, there's some people that are mad about it.
Speaker 4: Because I know some people are mad, But then some people are like, well, it helps the economy a little.
Speaker 2: I have no idea how to feel. I I'm the one that says that if you're if it doesn't like harm people, and do whatever you want to do, do whatever you think it's better for you and yourself, because at the end of the day, like you can try to work for people, you can try to do everything for people, but not every people deserve. So if you're like, if you're happy, if you doing something that you think is correct for your for your I don't know, for your money, for your.
Speaker 4: For your you ustill have like a main residence in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: I don't my mom my mom does?
Speaker 4: You should have your addresses, your mom's address, so the US tax thing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they ain't in your shoot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least you live in Florida and there's no state tax. But I'd be like, guys, I live in Puerto Rico. My mom's address is my address.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't done that.
Speaker 4: And then you put the Florida house in your best friend's name. Yeah, I could do that, and then you just you save money because I r s like, really, you know, I mean you're right. When does the album come out? Uh. Probably.
Speaker 2: We're working and we're doing our best to drop it in October, October very soon. But I'm dropping singles though that at the first.
Speaker 4: Who do you have on the album?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: It's just the Pactor remix with Ryan Meyers all of them. I'm trying to get luall again, which is a trap artist too that he is in facto the original, but he's gonna be I'm trying to make him in one of the sad songs that I have. Okay, I'm trying to get a verse of him, and he said, yes, he already dropped the diverse, but I havn't like to structure the songs. I have a movie which is a new artist from Puerto Rico, and I have a couple more, but I can't say because I'm surprised.
Speaker 4: Okay, So album's coming in October. Track go support it, uh you know. Shout out to you and your wife. Congratulations, Thank you so much much much love and uh and and prosperity to your marriage.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 4: And your wedding is coming December second.
Speaker 2: December second, one of the most stressful days of my life.
Speaker 4: Oh I've been married before. I mean I ain't married right now. I said, like, you're you're fucking up in this right, my wife, don't watch this. No, it's a very stressful. You got to get the caterers, you got to get the food, you got to pick the flowers. How much is your wedding gonna cost? A couple hundred thousands?
Speaker 1: Half a million?
Speaker 2: Jesus, yeah, almost almost half a million.
Speaker 4: What are we doing here? I know, just buy a house. Yeah, you can buy like.
Speaker 2: A yeah, baby, you almost half a million? She said, it's how much thirty hundred thirty three? I mean around a thousand.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're over budget.
Speaker 2: If we're over budget, then yeah, it's almost When I so when I get an over budget on my wedding, I just started to uninvite people.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: I was like, when they told me, okay, look this is how much it's gonna cost because you have two hundred people coming, I was like, all right, well, what is it if I have one hundred? What if I cut that in half? And they told me, I was like, all right, we're just gonna fight a hundred people.
Speaker 2: We're trying to cut a lot of things, but for now, like almost like three hundred thousand, almost four it's like it's like I said, it's like almost a million.
Speaker 4: Wow, you could buy a lot of a lot of lots of things with that.
Speaker 1: It is a is a for me.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most important days of my life and my wife's life. So yeah, whatever it takes to make her happy and make her like the dream.
Speaker 4: Well, the most important day your life was the ceremony you had at your house. Because now you guys are married, exactly, So this is a really cool, like also kind of cool day to like, you know, give your wife a dream wedding exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is for her, This is for her. This is my greatest gift for her.
Speaker 4: You're so romantic. Yes, sir Jay Wheeler. The new album's coming soon, hopefully October. Trappy Trappy. Yeah, I appreciate you pulling up, brother, Thank you? Yes serving here? Hey what up? Man? You just watched another episode of the Blue Ley Cap podcast, brought to you by Hard Dean. Baby shout out to the family at Hard Dean. Don't forget. Make sure if you're in Las Vegas you get into that taxi as soon as you land to get into that uber, say take me to Hardan, all right, they gonna take get you, taken care of the most craziest premium selection of cannabis you'll ever find. Under one roof. It's a vibe in there. The butt tenders they gonna take care of you, man. Listen, tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you right. Shout out to the family at Hardean in Las Vegas, the number one dispensary in the world, all right, and we are so proud to be partners with them, So shout out to hard Dean. Go follow them on Hardyan Underscore Las Vegas and check out their website Hardinlasvegas dot com. Get you some swag. You know you can't buy this, but you know, yeah, Shout out to Harden