Speaker 1: To teas in a pod which Teddy Mellencamp and Tamra Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Tweld's Flashback with Myself, Teddy Mellencamp and Tamra Judge.
Speaker 3: Today we have a special guest taken away back to season one of the OC. Joe Dela Rosa. Oh Joe, you're married, now right.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, it's not your last names married.
Speaker 5: She is Dela Rosa Gray.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, what's your last name?
Speaker 5: Say it again, Dala Rosa Gray is She's Gray. Yep. I just literally added his last name to mine.
Speaker 3: So you're a hyphen. I am Teddy Teddy's.
Speaker 4: Although I chose not to do the hyphen. It's so funny because I saw people were like doing it and not, and I'm like, how do you decide?
Speaker 5: It was a whole thing?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm not a hyphen either. I'm just my middle name became Mellencamp because now I'm going to be shading your name, but I'm not actually shading your name. But my name was Teddy Joe, so I took out the Joe.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, Teddy Jeff's so cute.
Speaker 5: Did you hate it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I hated it. I do.
Speaker 2: I like the name Joe on its own, but Jill, Yeah, it's giving Southern bell.
Speaker 6: It's giving WT.
Speaker 3: How long have you been married, Joe?
Speaker 4: We're actually about to celebrate our two year anniversary.
Speaker 5: May literally like it's flown by so fast.
Speaker 3: Are you guys wanting to have children?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 4: I we wanted to wait two years just to like enjoy marriage, which we definitely have. And now I think I'm finally ready to try to have a baby, even though I'm not even close to being ready, and even though my mind cannot.
Speaker 3: You're never ready. Yeah, you're never ready for your first one after you have one, I know, God, three four whatever.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we're gonna start trying.
Speaker 4: I'm going to some doctor next month to tell me if I'm like old and decrepit inside and if I can like still.
Speaker 5: Have babies and all that. And it's so I literally.
Speaker 4: Just talked about this, because anything after thirty five they call it geriatric pregnancy, or they call it I just learned ama advanced maternal Anyway.
Speaker 5: It's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: I'm like, can we literally come up with something kinder geriatric?
Speaker 5: That's crazy Colty.
Speaker 3: That is awful old. I'm old, and I don't want to be called geriatric on You're.
Speaker 6: Thirty five years old.
Speaker 4: No, I'm forty three. But anything after after they like, and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I was a geriatric pregnancy. But the good thing with the geriaciatric pregnancies.
Speaker 6: Is they do all, like the testing and everything.
Speaker 3: They do it all for you without that which is always so fun and not stressful at all. No, it's just I was thirty eight when I had Sophia, and boy, things different, like all the testing and.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, we do what we gotta do, Yeah, to pop that out, so I'm here for it.
Speaker 6: Well, don't worry. We did what we needed to do, and we watched just finish season two.
Speaker 3: Your last season, and then you have a new housewife that comes in next season to take your sweat.
Speaker 5: Miss Tama Jet.
Speaker 6: Hold On jet Tamra replaced you.
Speaker 4: Tamara came in net the following season and she took my place and she killed it.
Speaker 3: I did, do you know what She's like?
Speaker 6: I did? I did, thank you.
Speaker 3: Here you are for the first time on a reality television show. It is taking off at that point, what was it? A hard decision? To just turn your back to it and go to LA and go, yeah, I don't really want to do this show anymore.
Speaker 4: Was it a hard No, not at all, because I think when you I was so all consumed with the breakup that like, all I wanted to do was get out of that situation and leave to LA.
Speaker 3: Did you ever think of just breaking up with staying on the show and staying at Orange County.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so, because my brain at that time was not like you know, TV and you know what it is now becoming something from there or fame or anything like that.
Speaker 5: It literally I was partying. I mean again twenty five.
Speaker 4: At that time, I was going every weekend to LA with my girlfriend's clubs, night Live, all the things in LA. And so the second that I always dreamed of moving to LA, you know, and there was a creativity, There was a a dream land there that I really wanted. I wanted to I wanted to live in the city. I wanted to be like Lauren Conrad on the hills.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And in that point, at any point after you moved to La, you saw how successful the show had become. Did you have any regrets, like, shit, I should have stayed on it.
Speaker 4: No, No, only only because I was so like in I think once I left, it was kind of just I had to block that out, especially just with like coming off of it, still a little I'll you know, still sour from.
Speaker 5: The breakup obviously, Like it was hard.
Speaker 4: It was seven years of my life on and off, all of my twenties type thing. So it took a long time just to kind of like move on from that. And I think once you get to LA, they really it really is Lalla Land. I mean, Teddy, I'm sure you can relate from living on here. It's a bubble. And so I didn't watch the show and I was just focused with going out and the opportunities I was getting in LA and you know, so my brain was city and I wasn't. I didn't watch the show, if I'm honest, for ages, because did.
Speaker 3: You did your time on the show help you with your opportunities in La?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Definitely, because you know, coming off the show, I was getting in vite to you know, all the NUS clubs and restaurants and events because you're coming hot off with something, getting hosting opportunities. So yeah, it was great, and I was just kind of riding the wave.
Speaker 3: Did they did they try to talk you into doing season three?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 2: And then how so just like kind of going back, first question I have is do you remember what street that first apartment was on, because I swear I lived right near there.
Speaker 4: I do, because I still it's the best mart. It's Burtain that yeah, that way.
Speaker 6: Yes, Like I lived in an apartment right near there. It looked the same. I had that same little built in bar that was like, I.
Speaker 3: Remember, I loved that apartment. When Sleigh was like ripping your apartment, I don't know. I don't have fond memories of being in my twenties and living to myself in a little apartment and it was just mine.
Speaker 4: Yes, the popcorn ceilings I was there for like it was mine and I felt so proud. Also, Phoebe from actually started in that same building when she was like just starting her career. Apparently the Lasian agent was like telling me, like just so you know, because I was like, yeah, I just moved out. I just got off of this, you know, little reality show at the time, little second season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yea, and yeah, so it.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, those little places are great. I put my son in a bougie apartment for college, and I had concier service and they came and picked his trash up from his house and all this stuff really nice. And then he's like, mom, I went out of here. And he is in this nineteen seventies apartment that has popcorn, it's got the wall heater, and he loves it.
Speaker 5: It's a vibe. It's like it's.
Speaker 4: Part of like I don't know, like when you come to La, it's it's like a rite, a passage or something, unless you come from money, which you know I did not, but like, yeah, you just kind of it's the grind to hustle, the sweat, like I live for it.
Speaker 6: I'm still you know you're living a good LA life when you're ordering pink Dotta at two am and had to put it on your credit card.
Speaker 5: So accurate.
Speaker 2: Yes, But watching this last episode, we were noticing, like you you guys went to like a couple's counselor. But to me, I had already like I thought you were done already, Like I was like, she.
Speaker 6: Does not seem interested anymore. She seems done. She seems how involved with your life?
Speaker 2: Was he still? Because you guys did the couples counselor. Then he went with you to your recording and then it still seems like he's shocked by this revelation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what it is.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, when you break up and then there's like the period of like you're still trying to make it work.
Speaker 6: I mean you're still looking up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it was.
Speaker 4: It was that like back and forth of like dating other people, trying to make it work, dating other people looking.
Speaker 5: At like it's messy.
Speaker 4: It's messy. It was a beautiful mess back there, but it was messy. So like that's the thing is, like I think you're trying to make it work and then you're doing your own thing. And so yeah, it was like I think inside I don't know, I was in it. And then it was just it was hard overall.
Speaker 3: You know, can we talk about your baby voice?
Speaker 5: Oh sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt like when you talked, you don't sound like you do today. It was a little baby voice. Oh slide like oh.
Speaker 6: Like were you channeling Macus Simpson? All in all?
Speaker 4: No, you know, it's funny. I don't know why I do it now with tarn I'm like.
Speaker 3: Honey, yeah, there it is there, it is there.
Speaker 4: It is I know she's still there, honey. I know, and it's definitely behind closed doors. Obviously because there were cameras twenty four to seven they caught it.
Speaker 5: But I don't know what. I think.
Speaker 4: It's like a it's I'm a very affectionate person, so I think that's how I like show up.
Speaker 3: Well, Slade didn't think so.
Speaker 4: I probably it was so annoying, But yeah, I see it. I want to smack her in the face. I get it, but yeah, I still do it.
Speaker 2: How'd you get into doing after the show date? My ex Slade and Joe need I need to understand.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. Let's see.
Speaker 4: So had the record deal after and I think at the time Evolution had come to me and said, hey, we have this idea.
Speaker 5: For a show.
Speaker 3: They weren't ready to let you go.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was flattered, and they were like, what if we took you and Slade and fifteen guys and we put slat in the guys in the house in the hills and we follow your music career, but then we also follow Slade living in the house with the guys, trying to help you find your next boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I remember the show.
Speaker 6: Watch this show? Can I still find it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you can download it on Amazon, watch it on all the I think don't.
Speaker 3: It's probably on Peacock.
Speaker 6: How many guys did you kiss?
Speaker 5: A lot? A lot of guys, maybe like five or six.
Speaker 4: It was great and you know what it was, I felt like I was living my bachelorette moment because the dates were amazing. We had helicopter rides, we had you know beautiful. Yeah, it was the production. I have to give it to Bravo. They put some money behind it, and it was very different than the like the no, you know, my first season.
Speaker 3: I think I would have rather seen your following your music career.
Speaker 5: Really Okay, yeah, did you?
Speaker 6: I don't know. We haven't seen it yet. I have to watch it.
Speaker 5: You have to watch it.
Speaker 6: Did you.
Speaker 3: Perform in New York with Lady Gaga? Was it Lady Gaga?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I was not like on stage at the same time. But yeah, so it was the House of Blues and this is again fifteen years ago, however long it was ago. This is right, like as she also was coming up and they had a huge show at House of Blues and it was Lady Gaga was opening. It was Cindy Lapper opening. I was one of the openers. The fact that I was even in that lineup to me was so crazy.
Speaker 5: And then I think it was pressive Joey Fatone hosting the show from Oh, it was like it was a vibe. So yeah, I mean I was.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people make fun of reality stars when they get a record deal and they're like, oh, you're a reality start with the record deal, blah blah, But like I was really doing the thing. Mikey Mindon from Pussycat Dolls was my choreographer.
Speaker 5: Who was I love that.
Speaker 6: Pussy Cat Dolls.
Speaker 3: That's Erica Jane's that's Erica Jans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know that's literally my reference, but it's Erica Jane's.
Speaker 3: Per Remind me, Joe didn't he try to help Gretchen out too? My no, yeah, him too. But Mikey, Oh, I don't know. I think he did. Oh really, Okay, I mean, does Slade own the.
Speaker 6: Does he own the rights to your music?
Speaker 4: So this is again I've never talked to them about it, and I'm not sure what it is, but I have read and heard that they bought.
Speaker 5: The rights too.
Speaker 4: But I think it's because like Gretchen's album was also in that catalog of music. So producers will create music, you know, in different albums, and then they'll have a catalog of stuff.
Speaker 6: And you can ask, so is it the same producer?
Speaker 5: Yes, we have the same producer, Brian Todd.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, this makes more sense. So are those guys friends with Slaine?
Speaker 6: Is that how that.
Speaker 5: I would imagine?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: I haven't talked to any of them in years, but like obviously Slade met them when we were working together on the album. Brian Todd also did like Ashley Tisdale's album, so it was like a whole slew of stuff.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I'm not sure why they bought it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it makes sense if he wanted, like Grutchen's music or whatever, to own it.
Speaker 3: So how did you feel watching Slavery Jo in the show show season five with Gretchen.
Speaker 5: I that was during the time that I did not watch, Like.
Speaker 3: So what you had to have heard about it? I'm like, oh, boy, come on.
Speaker 4: I I think I'm I still I think I was still. Obviously I saw right like you can't not see. But it was one of those things where like it was just I needed to just not watch during that time, and again just cut myself off from it because I was still kind of going through the whole like Slade and Gretchen are together thing. However, Gretchen and I have made peace at Bravo Khan.
Speaker 5: We're good. Everything is fine, so we're warm peace now.
Speaker 4: But you know, during that time, I it, you know, I just couldn't watch, to.
Speaker 6: Be honest, Yeah, what initially attracted you to Slade?
Speaker 4: I think it was that he was older, confidence and he was a caretaker and I mean, which makes sense because he was a dad and have the kids. So yeah, I felt really taken care of when I was with him, and that was something that I really value.
Speaker 3: You know, do you have Diddy issues?
Speaker 5: I did. I actually had major Doddy issues.
Speaker 4: I had a horrible childhood and I did years and years of therapy. So if I'm completely honest, I think a lot of why I was attracted to him was because a lot of the you know things that I was also trying to find a replacement for my dad, right, because fifteen's usually the case. Yeah, fifteen years is a huge gap.
Speaker 5: But also I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I mean, I got it happens all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm only percent, but so he was charismatic, handsome, you know. Then when I first met him.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: But in the same token, when it comes to you saying you had some daddy issues and you you know, were looking for that comfort and the support and all of that, did you find similarities between your dad and Slade, because oftentimes that also what happens, like you start being attracted to people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, not so much.
Speaker 5: My dad was Latin and a musician.
Speaker 4: I think it was more so just like just in general, I dated older men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is your husband older?
Speaker 5: No, he's eight years younger, eight years younger.
Speaker 3: That's what the therapy worked.
Speaker 4: Yes that I literally was gonna say, that's what happens once you go to therapy. You actually step into your real self, which I feel like I have a younger soul, not on purpose, it's just like who I am living in la as well. So I've always been attracted to young girl. Apparently also Taren has an older soul, so it kind of like balances out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are you still friends with JJ? Because I loved her, you know what.
Speaker 4: I we lost touch over the years, but I just saw her a couple of months ago at the Magic Castle.
Speaker 5: I randomly was there.
Speaker 3: I know, I haven't been there in years.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Same.
Speaker 4: It's like so we had friends from out of town and it's like a very you know, it's like terroisty spot. So we like took them because they like magic, and she was there. I was like, wait, this is like, this is throwing me back to circc basscause.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if you guys weren't going to make it because of your pantry issues at your first place.
Speaker 6: I was like, why is Joe putting her bread and the in the plate cabinet.
Speaker 5: Because we didn't have a pantry because La.
Speaker 3: No had a pantry.
Speaker 6: I have a pantry. You just didn't want to use it.
Speaker 3: Oh really And JJ's like, that's not the pantry, Joe, it's over here. You're like, oh my gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: She needed to be domesticated then I still need to be domesticated.
Speaker 6: When you during all of your times where you went to the Playboy Mansion, me and Tam have talked about this before our own journeys there, did you ever make out with any celebs?
Speaker 3: Not even Matt Damon.
Speaker 6: I did not make out with Matt Damon there.
Speaker 3: Oh, Okay, I'm just wondering.
Speaker 5: Do we have a little mad damon situation.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've never confirmed or and I damn.
Speaker 5: Said no, I did not.
Speaker 4: I only went I think to like two or three events there and never never also the men there and the you know, I think one time I was with Slade when I was there, and then another time I had gone single. It was a weird. It was a weird like vibe the men that. I don't know, it just it was.
Speaker 6: Did he really drive there after? Or was that like some kind of reality TV trick where the way that we saw it is that you went, he couldn't get in, He tried to get himself in, called Laurie to see if she could get.
Speaker 2: Him out, and just show up to surprise you at the Playboy mansion.
Speaker 4: I literally don't remember.
Speaker 6: This, Unfortunately I do. It's forever imbedded.
Speaker 3: I think Slaye did things to try to make good TV.
Speaker 6: Are you still attracted to guys who drive hummers?
Speaker 5: A thousand percent?
Speaker 4: No? I literally if I see a hummer, it gives.
Speaker 3: Me so right now, I just popped in my head. Alexis just text me you are friends with Alexis. I saw I think it was People Magazine that she was at your wedding.
Speaker 5: Right, he was at my wedding, and now she.
Speaker 3: Is on Orange County, So I'm thinking we have to get like we got to film a launch or something.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would love that. I love Alexis and I'm so happy for her.
Speaker 6: Have you hung out with her? And John?
Speaker 5: I haven't. I have yet.
Speaker 4: So I hung out with Alexis at Bravocon. We're together for that whole weekend, and I have actually yet to catch up with her about anything and everything. John, I just see the pictures and she seems really happy.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, and you can't comment on anything because her commenting's turned off.
Speaker 3: Oh she gets Even if I post a picture of us together, people are like, how can you do this to Shannon. I'm like, what I've known alexis longer than I'm I.
Speaker 2: Turned commenting off is bizarre to me, And that's some people.
Speaker 3: Are not as strong as you, Tuddy. Some people just can't handle hate.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I get a lot lot of it, so I've really embraced it, Joe. They kept saying probo tv dot com at the reunion, and then.
Speaker 6: You'd be like, oh, I've gotten letters. Did you get handwritten letters or what was the like you'd say, like the fans that sent in my letters?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: What so you know, like now we have Instagram. Back then when you you were on, you didn't interact with fans. How did you interact with fans? Did they get your email address? Was it on the Bravo website?
Speaker 6: My Space?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, actually we didn't.
Speaker 4: That's what is so crazy because I think maybe Facebook.
Speaker 3: Facebook, probably it's probably my Space. It was probably my Space.
Speaker 4: My Space, but yeah, yeah, I honestly I don't remember interacting really and if they did, maybe set no, uh huh, that was okay.
Speaker 3: One thing that I noticed at the reunion, which it was on some soundstage, but you guys were just sitting in director chairs with and who looks like a toddler. There was a big sign that said watch what happens. And this is way before he even had his talk show. So I'm wondering if that your little reunion sparks something in him to start watch It Happens live?
Speaker 5: That would be I mean, I love that.
Speaker 3: I never even and you have you been on watching Happens Live?
Speaker 4: I've been on his yes, but this is like eight like years ago. I think it was like Gina, Kara, Shane and myself in New York and they like flew us out their years after the show type thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and when was the last time you talked to Gina's son?
Speaker 4: It's been a long time. Yeah, I saw he's married and all the things now. But yeah, I think I think I d m him to say congratulations.
Speaker 3: Would you ever come back to Orange County?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think you know, it's been years now, and you know time has passed and I'm a great place and it's yeah, I think I would definitely be down to come back.
Speaker 6: But would you rather do Orange County or Beverly Hills?
Speaker 4: I think Orange County because that's where my comfort is. And also I'm not wealthy enough to be on Beverly Hills because that's like next level fifty million dollars and above.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe how about The Valley. That's a new show.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I'm actually so excited to watch that.
Speaker 6: I just recapped it.
Speaker 3: Is it good? Actually?
Speaker 6: Hold on, this is brilliant, especially if you get pregnant or you are pregnant, like I'm guessing, Oh my god, you should be on The Valley. Text Alex Baskin.
Speaker 3: Is it good, Alex?
Speaker 6: It's it's a train rack, but it's good.
Speaker 5: Love a train rack. Okay, I want to watch it.
Speaker 6: I mean, Joe will be able to do her baby voice, get in some fights, bringing back the sky and we should we will be good to go. I think the sky Talk are expensive until the reunion either.
Speaker 3: They were expensive. They held a shop. They had a shop down in right across street from the Ivy on Robertson.
Speaker 4: They were actually really pricey. Why we spent that much money on them?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I love the dresses, the Maxi dresses.
Speaker 5: They were actually really care really cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would you do the Traders?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think that would be so much fun. You killed it on that.
Speaker 3: It's a big commitment season. Don't get crazy. I didn't kill it, but I was almost dying doing it.
Speaker 5: I mean you were killed, you almost killed.
Speaker 3: It's a good experience, but it's a lot, it's a lot of work.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 3: You flew to Scotland right loud to Scotland. Yeah, it was literally from six a m. Till midnight.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Well, we hope to see you on our television screens. Soon.
Speaker 2: Make sure that you guys fall along with Joe and let's see what next adventure comes for her.
Speaker 6: But I'm enclosing. Our last question is do you still have the pink slippers? What did you call them? Your pinky nice?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 3: See you remember those?
Speaker 4: Those?
Speaker 5: I do because they were forever attached to me, and those things are so dead. I now have black ones and they do not stink.
Speaker 6: Golf claps.
Speaker 5: She's cleaned it up.
Speaker 6: I can tell by your background.
Speaker 5: He's a classy bitch.
Speaker 6: Now, Oh my gosh, it was so good talking to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm a feeling I'll be seeing you soon.
Speaker 5: I would love that. It was always nice hanging out with y'all.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, Thanks Joe, Bye bye