Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo Hilarios.
Speaker 3: Paces to the plane. It is my dad, good morning, yill you. How y'all feel like that?
Speaker 2: Feel great?
Speaker 3: How you feeling?
Speaker 4: Just welcome back, yo, thank you. Your life will come at you fast. I swear yo. I was at a restaurant, I was chilling, I was eating, and then hour later I felt like I had like, uh, food poisoning. Right, So I go to the hospital for one thing and it's a whole nother thing, and then it's an emergency surgery.
Speaker 2: Jesus, and then it's emergency surgery.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yo, come on, And I went online, you know because I had to miss like Arlington. I had shows that were so I missed Bark plays with Martin and I had to miss that, right. So I go in there and I'm telling people. I'm like, yo, yo, i had to have surgery.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: They're like, you missed the show because you want to get a bb yo. I'm like, yo, that's theery. No, that's not an emergency surgery, Like that is not Why is that the first thing?
Speaker 7: People?
Speaker 2: Mind?
Speaker 6: Go to you, but no life come at you?
Speaker 7: Was the surgery do you want to say?
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's a very common surgery obviously, and they tell you that it's a r that it's outpatient, but it's not.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 4: The recovery time it's way longer than what they tell you. It's crazy trash.
Speaker 2: But you're doing better now.
Speaker 6: I am doing better now, and I want.
Speaker 7: To go see you Saturday. I thought you was going to be in Atlantic the.
Speaker 6: Wrong show Friday Buckleys clown, so.
Speaker 3: Stop playing with me.
Speaker 8: I wasn't Atlantic City Saturday. I know you was was waiting to see you come on stage.
Speaker 4: And I text you back and was like, why why the clown?
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 8: I want to go see Martin in Atlantic City on Saturday. I swear I thought just was on that show.
Speaker 10: She was on the Friday show. I was supposed to go Friday. I had date night to go Friday, but just wasn't day.
Speaker 8: I was like, no, I did not expect Martin to be on that damn stage for hour and some change you up, therefore it has to change.
Speaker 3: I got tired.
Speaker 2: I was like time, look, look, yo, they was on there.
Speaker 4: You know I couldn't do the show Friday so I went on Live like to let people know because New York was mad. They was in my comments like I posted about something else. They was on there like no, why you wasn't it? And we had to see ll and I was like, hello, cool, ja is a good feeling for me? They was like no, Lonnie Love and I was like, oh, oh, that's what's up.
Speaker 6: But shout out to Lonney Love.
Speaker 2: She did great.
Speaker 11: And at the Barclays heard.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you about your your old uncle over here, right, this guy gonna hit in the group chat what time did Martin get on on Friday?
Speaker 2: So I know what time to get on Saturday?
Speaker 3: Wow, I am right.
Speaker 6: That's not how you That's not how that goes.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was.
Speaker 7: They told me the show was over promptly at ten.
Speaker 3: He was like, it's over at ten.
Speaker 2: I'll be back in the bed.
Speaker 8: That's how you got to plan things. When you get what time was it over? Martin got off said about ten twenty eight. You went on about nine twenty was doing twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: Man was upset. I just was like, damn, y'all told me to that.
Speaker 6: I checked you like that, yeah you a.
Speaker 8: Because I was just shocked. I didn't expect Martin to be out there because I've heard so many different things. Yeah, they told me that Martin out between Colin no Mark. Then the whole set for hours and change. I was like, damn, that's what's up. Who opened that farm? Daphney, Daphne Springs, Springs.
Speaker 3: It was funny. I didn't know her.
Speaker 6: Benji bron ben Benji is funny.
Speaker 10: Yes, all right, Well today on the show, Teddy Swims will be joining us. Oh my god, yes, you missed Teddy Swim.
Speaker 3: This new album.
Speaker 7: I've tried everything, but Therapy Part two is out right now.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: On Friday.
Speaker 10: Good dude, good dude, all right, let's get the show cracking. I mean, it's only right. Philly, good morning. You don't have right, Philly, good morning. It's only right. Philly is going to the super.
Speaker 2: It's only right.
Speaker 6: I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only right.
Speaker 7: I love Philly. I can't say I love you.
Speaker 6: That's the cousin. The cousins.
Speaker 8: I have rooting for them to beat Kansas City, which means Cannas City will win.
Speaker 10: All right, from praise dudes. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, congrass Philly. Good morning everybody, the Breakfast Club, DJ MV, Jess, Hilaris, Charlamagne, the Guy, Let's.
Speaker 8: Get me ain't Philly, Philly, Lord Darby and Upper Marion something like that.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's start off with sports.
Speaker 10: The Eagles beat the command this fifty five twenty three, and the Chiefs beat the Bills thirty two to twenty nine. So the Chiefs will be taking on the Philadelphia Eagles in the twenty twenty five Super Bowl Sunday, February twenty ninth at six thirty P.
Speaker 8: I'm rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles simply because I can fast during the game.
Speaker 3: After the game, when Travis.
Speaker 2: Kelsey was giving his speech, they showed her a lot.
Speaker 3: I want the Eagles to win, man, but.
Speaker 10: You know what, I want the Chiefs to win the three P but I want I want say Kwon Balkley to win one.
Speaker 8: Now, don't get me wrong on three P in football is incredible, you know what I mean. I've never that's something we would never have seen before. And I like seeing history. But I'm going with the Eagles.
Speaker 2: I want to see Kwan win one.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 3: And I love the city of Phillies.
Speaker 4: It's the sane and that. Let it be about that. You're speaking of Morgan. I know you made I am.
Speaker 3: I'm just I don't even though she was on there.
Speaker 12: She's so.
Speaker 6: My home team and my other home team.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, we gotta hear.
Speaker 14: We on the couch with it. But you know what I'm saying, We'll enjoy the cheese, steaks, the pizza.
Speaker 11: And the wings.
Speaker 14: You know, that's what and Kendrick and all of that. But let's get into this front page news guys. So, Trump was in California last week over the weekend to survey damage caused by recent wildfires. He was met on the tarmac by California Governor Gavin Newsom on Friday afternoon, and the two shook hands and exchanged some words before speaking to the press. Let's hear from Trump.
Speaker 9: Now, we're gonna be taking at four with some of the people from the area. I appreciate the governor coming out and meeting me. Tremendous numbers of lives have been effected, a lot of real estate, it's been infected. Nobody's ever probably seen anything like this he did. I'm gonna say, since the Second World.
Speaker 15: War, what do you think of it.
Speaker 9: I mean, nothing like this has happened, and we're gonna get it fixed.
Speaker 3: So we'll get it perfectently fixed so it.
Speaker 13: Can't happen again.
Speaker 3: And again.
Speaker 9: We'll be talking a little bit later and we're gonna work down.
Speaker 14: Okay. So Newsom also spoke with Trump during that exchange. He says he hasn't forgotten Trump during the COVID nineteen pandemic, and he looks forward to working together to help recovery efforts. Let's hear from California Governor Gavin Newsom most support.
Speaker 15: They thank you for being here me.
Speaker 16: It's a great deal to all of us, not just the folks in Palisades, the folks in Altadena that were devastated.
Speaker 15: We're gonna need your support. We're gonna need your help.
Speaker 7: If you were there for us during COVID, I.
Speaker 15: Don't forget that, and I have.
Speaker 6: All the expectations that we'll be able to work together to.
Speaker 15: Get the speedy recovery.
Speaker 8: And this is exactly why people like Gavin Newsom shouldn't say things like I'm gonna Trump proof my state. Yep, I said, just back into some because it will make you look like a hypocrite when you need the president.
Speaker 3: You are a governor.
Speaker 8: You have to work with the president, and when things like this happen, you're going to need a federal aid, So you're going to need the president.
Speaker 14: Facts, does it not both work both ways? Though, Being that Trump vow to sign an executive order dismantling FEMA, and he also threatened to halt wildfire relief from California unless his demands about voter id laws and fraud are met.
Speaker 8: Of course, absolutely, That's why I'm saying that it all looks hypocritical for on both both sides. But you know when you hear when you hear a governor say, you know, I'm gonna Trump prove my state.
Speaker 7: How how you gonna Trump? How are you going to President prove your state?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 11: No, not not at all. Absolutely.
Speaker 14: So later that day, Trump spoke with during a briefing with LA Mayor Karen Bass, and the two had a rather interesting exchange.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 14: He said that there will be no delays when it comes to granting permits to rebuild from wildfires. That's here from Trump's Let's hear from Trump and LA Mayor Karen Bass in that exchange.
Speaker 17: We absolutely need your help.
Speaker 7: We need the federal help.
Speaker 12: You've got it.
Speaker 3: I teld you you will have no permit problem.
Speaker 7: That will be zero delay.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 12: The one thing is.
Speaker 16: They are saying they will not be allowed to start for eighteen months.
Speaker 3: No, that will not be.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 7: I just hope you're like you can hold me to four groups.
Speaker 3: Said that, No, that would be.
Speaker 7: They should be able to do it.
Speaker 2: They should be able to start tonight.
Speaker 8: The people are willing to clean out their own debris, it doesn't they can.
Speaker 9: You should let them do it because another time you wire contractors, it's going to be two years.
Speaker 7: You're talking about the people that want to clean up their own property.
Speaker 2: They want to start immediately.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they want to get they want to pretty much not wait on you know, federal assistance or aid or they just want to pretty much you know, get started into things right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I don't blame them if.
Speaker 3: You got to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I understand both sides.
Speaker 4: I know it can be dangerous though, like doing it like breathing and all of that stuff, like you don't know what you know, you can hurt yourself.
Speaker 10: But they just want to start early, right and if they get reimbursed, they would have to get reimbursed. But I'm like, like you said, they don't want to wait two years. They want to start right now. Put that garbage been out there, start dumping that stuff in there and get started.
Speaker 7: And that's why they like, don't deport people now.
Speaker 8: We need all undocumented immigrants. We can, we can muster. Okay, don't deport them now, please?
Speaker 11: Oh man, Well, great segue, Charlomagne.
Speaker 14: That's what we'll talk about in the seven o'clock our d e I and immigration.
Speaker 10: All right, And you know, I want to salute and continue to pray for everybody in LA because after the whole fire thing, now it's all monthday you much like green storms and they made for the little kid and say, hey they never get that much dream. Well they got that much.
Speaker 2: They got that much raid. So continue to pray for l A.
Speaker 6: I heard that, uh John legend.
Speaker 4: He was singing to the firefighters and he was singing, take it slow, like niggas ain't got the table.
Speaker 6: It was at lunch.
Speaker 4: He was singing, take it slow, and everybody just look like that's all. We gon't hand over a choice.
Speaker 3: Take it slow for a bunch of firefighters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was singing that we don't have another choice.
Speaker 10: All right, get it off your chest eight undred fi five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines and wide open eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the breakfast club in morning?
Speaker 18: The breakfast Club? Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this Rob? So Rob?
Speaker 2: Get you off your chest?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm calling to talk about sports.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Bro, what's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You know it's crazy how they're doing these black coaches. Man Robert Kraft should be ashamed of his house because giving that man one year to do his job, and he was the ex.
Speaker 5: Player at the Patriot. And then the situation with the Raiders, Conree is sort of running the show there, right, and then Antonio's peerers pay for the Giants, so got them up out of there.
Speaker 12: That's why. Then the Cowboys Jerry Jones, Man, we need to play twenty four hours to live with Terry Jones. You know what driving cowboys crazy?
Speaker 8: He ain't driving me crazy because I won't let him. But I'll tell you this, We're not gonna win a championship until after until he's no longer the owner. Is this gonna it's gonna be like Dan Snyder and the Commanders. How the Commanders didn't start having success that they got Ready Dance Nighter.
Speaker 3: Same thing with the Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it was it was just big with that Dion situation. It was just like, I have black people hope. So that's wild. He's twenty four hours to live and.
Speaker 15: Be doing for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, goodbye, man?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this Greg?
Speaker 12: Good morning man, digit bar polo.
Speaker 8: Everybody know from book representing Lancaster, Pa Ready and your cabbage Burgs.
Speaker 10: Then up, man, y'all take us off bluetooth for speaking your phone? A little crazy bipolar? What's up though?
Speaker 3: Oh man? Something about that?
Speaker 12: Now? I got your speaker front.
Speaker 3: I got leaked out, man.
Speaker 8: It supposed to take you back legs the Eagles of course, right an hour from there.
Speaker 3: I'm about Lancaster.
Speaker 6: So I want to say, big, don't get a day.
Speaker 15: Pe people don't get a day to the giants. Let him go there and hunt. They really did him a favor if he really looked at it, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they did him a favor because wouldn't he wouldn't have never got this fall with the way the Giants look right now, maybe a couple of years, but I mean they should have never let him go.
Speaker 2: But I'm happy for Sa Kwan.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: He deserves He's a good guy. He's a genuinely good guy. He deserves it.
Speaker 8: He's not supposed to look as good at twenty seven years old, though as long as he been.
Speaker 3: In the league he looks.
Speaker 8: It's really good man.
Speaker 15: He be two stepping, hop stepping.
Speaker 8: And all that.
Speaker 6: Man and as a as a as a as a DJed community man.
Speaker 19: I just want to say a big r ip rest of the piece of djun that was very unexpected.
Speaker 12: Very least.
Speaker 7: Forty two years old dying of a heart attack.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we'll break it down more in just with the mess everybody else, Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Sluggle morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Ray right, ray yo, Charlae man yafy.
Speaker 6: What up are we lying?
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: I got an indoor pool door pool.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast club on.
Speaker 12: The phone right now.
Speaker 15: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this Henvy? What's up?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's you name?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 12: Just showy?
Speaker 15: I just want to I want to make a man for my ladies.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 15: I had a seizure yesterday and when he woke me up to be a better you know, because I haven't been really listening to this woman.
Speaker 12: And I really loved this woman.
Speaker 2: For you, sir, say her name man, shout her out.
Speaker 15: Ageing me shea, I love your baby, and I am going to continue you just listen and on that team and communicate better with you.
Speaker 12: I love you, baby.
Speaker 3: He woke me up. Having some issoes. You having some issoes. Yeah.
Speaker 12: For the most part is my hear and tarla, you know. And it's me, you know.
Speaker 15: Like it's like me like catching on things, you know, and this seasure like like I said, he had just woke me up.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 15: Actually I'm happy that my mom and my brother actually caught me, you know when I was happening to me.
Speaker 2: If you don't mind us asking how did disease you come on? Was it was it?
Speaker 3: Was it food? Was it?
Speaker 2: How you were? Was it blood clot Like? Do you know.
Speaker 15: I'm going to schedule in my rife later on today. But uh, I heard a lot of stuff in my mind laying on me. You know, I don't want to lose this woman got you and I really do, like I said, I do love this woman without my hearty, you know, and I want to make things right.
Speaker 10: All right, brother, Well get yourself checked out. And you know they say stresses a lot of that as well. So man, that man worried about getting this girl back.
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, but he won't be that stress.
Speaker 7: He was get to the health second. He want to get the girl, get.
Speaker 2: The health first so he could be there for his girl. But good luck, brother, Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this this?
Speaker 20: Savannah?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 10: Said you got a bone to pick with Charlotte, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Mama, good morning, Good morning, blessed Black and Holly favorite.
Speaker 3: How are you now?
Speaker 5: I'm thank you.
Speaker 4: But listen, Charla Mane, I love you.
Speaker 21: I love him to but you gotta stop hating change.
Speaker 8: I can't, man, Nope, I will not.
Speaker 7: Okay, you gotta gott Are you from there?
Speaker 14: Are?
Speaker 22: I am from that county?
Speaker 15: So I'm boring to raid.
Speaker 12: I respect that that hate so much.
Speaker 4: This morning in.
Speaker 3: Time, I really had no problem, but.
Speaker 8: I had no problem with y'all Chiefs still tell us what started coming around?
Speaker 6: Jeez, so crazy.
Speaker 12: I think that's everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you. It's just like that.
Speaker 8: And you know what, I hate the fact that the Kansady Chiefs have gone to three straight Super Bowls, got the opportunity to win three more, but for whatever reason, Taylor Swift has taken us my life off the last two easily.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 6: That's because she is what she is. You can't be hating because Taylor Swift and Sailors do it.
Speaker 2: No football congratulations in Vanna.
Speaker 7: Go. No, I'm not gonna ever say that. But I'm rooting for the.
Speaker 3: He's about he was almost did.
Speaker 2: Get it on.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm a cowboy fans.
Speaker 8: When me rooting for the Eagles means nothing, that means the Chiefs will probably would.
Speaker 10: If you need the vent, you can hit us up now. We got just with the mess coming up, but we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yes, y'all know, DJONK passed over the weekend, so we're gonna send him his family some healing energy and get some updates on what happened.
Speaker 10: All right, We'll get to that next dope move. It's the Breakfast Club in the morning, the Breakfast Club morning everybody. It's d J n V, Jess, Larry Charlamage the god. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get you Jest with the mess you.
Speaker 15: Use this real weather.
Speaker 6: It's her Lions just co robbing Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 23: Nobody world Why Jess worldwide mess man talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 24: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 2: Could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 4: So man DJUK passed over the weekend, and you know he had some bangers. I know everybody was like listening to his music. But I know it was a lot of speculation around his death. But we got Lauren here to break down what actually happened, because nobody really knows exactly what happened.
Speaker 25: Yes, so dj passed away at forty three. I think it caught a lot of us by surprise.
Speaker 3: It Yeah.
Speaker 25: So Friday afternoon, dj UNC's wife posted on Facebook with a family photo and she said, please respect me and my family. I just lost my husband and my kids just lost their father. Our life will never be the same. I love you, Anthony forever. So after she posted that, of course everybody's picking up the story he passed away, but there was no conversation about what happened, which when someone passes away, it's so rude to ask what happened. But because there are celebrity people and fans, instantly, yeah, they didn't want to know, and they started kind of creating their own narratives. So the narrative that was moving around was that it had to be something drug related.
Speaker 17: I don't know where that came from.
Speaker 25: People were tying him to like a history of like drug addiction or whatever, to the point where his wife had to come back out again and say, let's I know that you guys are fans and you want to know what's going on, but please leave us alone. I want to put this narrative narrative to rush right now. He did not pass away from anything drug related. He did not do drugs. He passed away in his sleep of a heart attack. So she came out and confirm that. And normally people wait until like the Autosi reports and stuff come back in the media will just grab it because the family doesn't want to be bothered, but it was the conversation got so big that she was like, Y're not gonna do this to him.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, folks speculate because that's what people do on social media, but also people feel what they don't understand, so folks be scared. When you hear somebody dying at forty two years old, you're like, damn, that's young. So anxiety kicks in and you start thinking about what happened to the person, because you know, if something did happen medically, you want to know what you can do for yourself to prevent that from happening to you.
Speaker 10: Right, most people want an excuse so they could be like, oh, okay, that's not gonna be me, and so saying oh, maybe it was drug use, maybe it was this, but that's that's that's what most people do with your shah and a.
Speaker 25: Lot of like after this happened, of course, you know, everybody like gets onone and gives flowers. So people were, you know, posting a dance and posting different pictures from the Walking Out music video. But for those who don't know, dj Unk formed Southern style DJs with a few other DJs. He came up in the South, was known throughout the South for his parties, and then he got signed in two thousand. When he signed, he dropped Walk It Out in two thousand and six. Now Walk It Out huge record, went platinum and it actually hit number two on the Billboard Top ten out of one hundred.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, that was the one that was the anthem of my I like the remix with j two thousands a remix stage.
Speaker 17: But then you also got two steps.
Speaker 12: Day.
Speaker 8: By the way, forty two is also very young to be donab heart attack. And you know, whenever these situations happened and folks died young from heart attacks, people automatically blame the vaccine.
Speaker 7: They'd be like, it was the COVID vaccine.
Speaker 8: How come we don't ever blame COVID because studies have shown that severe COVID infections increased heart attack and scroll chris as much as having a history of heart disease, like people who developed COVID early in the pandemic have doubled the risk for cardiovascular events. So clearly something happened around that time that caused cardiovascular issue for a lot of people after the fact.
Speaker 17: That COVID we don't know though with him if it was COVID related.
Speaker 3: Right, I do it.
Speaker 7: I'm not talking about I know.
Speaker 25: I'm just saying separated because people will take what you said and make it a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's because people are stupid.
Speaker 8: But everybody likes to say the vaccine, the vaccine, the vaccine. But how come we don't ever talk about the impact of COVID on the cardio You were.
Speaker 25: More mad at the vaccine than the actual virus and how that came about. People don't talk a lot about what could have been prevented.
Speaker 2: With the vaccinecause they were forced to take the vaccine.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they were forced to take the vaccine, so that's what they lean in.
Speaker 25: So Eagles and the chiefs now y'all talked about this at the top of the show. They're heading to the super Bowl, but we got to get into some things because I heard you was upset already.
Speaker 17: Taylor Swift was.
Speaker 4: The headline of the definitely bigger set B first of all, her arrival to the game, and I wasn't really feeling this outfit.
Speaker 17: And y'all know, I don't mind telling Swift.
Speaker 2: Me she's tail Swift.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was never really dressed.
Speaker 25: But she you know, I wasn't really feeling a fit, but it was everywhere I heard. It was everywhere you did. So you are not telling you I said, like these red like stockings and shed.
Speaker 7: Like she's from Delaware.
Speaker 10: Everything, yea, just that the pieces of wow, he said, the pieces.
Speaker 4: Of getting back in the day going.
Speaker 6: It's the fun. I mean, she asked, your white girls, like.
Speaker 10: Whatever I said, you talking about their rival, Kevin Hardill, I'm.
Speaker 17: On my way to me.
Speaker 25: I did want to make sure that we said that because even after they won, the moment on the on the field with Travis and Taylor kissing, I'm like that, it's like a movie you did because you talk this morning, and I thought when it was cutting the tailor, when Travis was talking, and also to when he was playing, they kept cutting to her and being I just wanted to say the super Bowl might be a Taylor ship show, unfortunately, because she's gonna beat her.
Speaker 8: If you want to give all attention to that white woman and not the black people in the field before.
Speaker 25: You makes you have the conversation, because they cut to Sis a whole lot. So Philly, everybody was at the Philly game. You had Kevin Hart of course, Gilli and Wallow is there. Gilly was is the mascot of the Philadelphia Eagles. At this point, he cried when they won the game, Deteun Jackson on the field.
Speaker 17: There was so many PEO meet meals?
Speaker 2: Was there?
Speaker 3: Who else?
Speaker 17: I saw the two rare of the rocket hips theater from Philly. Now they don't know how.
Speaker 25: Yellow too rare? Was there as so many people there. Now, let me tell you, guys, the Philly fans last night. All of my friends were out yesterday and Philly and this is just like a summation of what was going crazy. This is all of the crowd on broad Street leaving the game. And they were telling people like come to broad Street. So like my best friend's son shout out to Chase. The DJ was DJing on Broad Street. They had people hanging from light poles. Even though they greased the poles. They still, yes, they had to the people.
Speaker 17: They did know d That's what sticks with him.
Speaker 2: You see heard can't.
Speaker 3: Get off pole.
Speaker 17: You know how that go.
Speaker 25: But yeah, Crazy Meat was also tweeting like y'all come down to the broad Street. Y'all set up speakers. I'll redo the dreams of nightmares. Video that would have been fired. I don't even know if they got to do it, because you would have.
Speaker 10: Been walking down the street with all those people and they would have filming, and the whole Philly that would be would have caused it, right, that would have been many people.
Speaker 17: There were players trying to get out of the game that couldn't.
Speaker 2: Even see could get out.
Speaker 3: You should have lost?
Speaker 25: Okay you got jailor uh back here doing the cigar in the locker room.
Speaker 17: This was like an iconic photo from the game.
Speaker 25: As well to looking good as always, he's not in color right here, I'm gonna bring it.
Speaker 6: Back to why are you print and white?
Speaker 2: We ain't got Copprentice?
Speaker 6: Okay, oh wow, all right the first.
Speaker 2: Of the month we get we'll get some more money.
Speaker 17: Doing the best we can. Over here we saw in the best we can. But yeah, the game. I actually watched the whole game, did you?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 17: Say Kwan Brakley did a really good job.
Speaker 13: Really good CHOI watched the game.
Speaker 3: So it was cool.
Speaker 7: We watched both of them.
Speaker 2: You watch what your man?
Speaker 17: Why are you minded my business?
Speaker 3: I want well watch question?
Speaker 6: Why do you mind up time?
Speaker 17: Just know that.
Speaker 3: Is that all we got?
Speaker 25: But it's our Yet when we come back, we're gonna talk about some other honeys because it's some other mens out here.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 10: We got front page news, and then Teddy Swimmings will be joining us.
Speaker 2: I don't go Anywhere's the breakfast club? Come morning, wake up. You're like into the breakfast club, everybody. D j V just hilarious.
Speaker 10: Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: So for some quick.
Speaker 10: Sports, congratulations to the Eagles and the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: They won this weekend.
Speaker 10: They'll face off at the Super Bowl Sunday, February night, So congratulations to them.
Speaker 8: Shout out to all the Eagle fans that she fans. By the way, the rest really do cheating for Kansas City. You know that last player of the game, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: The last player the game, like, don't get played with it.
Speaker 3: No, not the fourth one call.
Speaker 8: It was a call towards the end of the game where a rough through a flag and the flag came on the screen.
Speaker 3: And then they flag disappeared.
Speaker 7: I seen that what and that was only because Buffalo didn't could convert.
Speaker 3: I believe who was though? Yes, and they flag. They already had the flag ready, the right back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they pulled that flag right back.
Speaker 3: All right, good morning, ball again.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry for you.
Speaker 3: Morgan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: That's okay.
Speaker 11: Maybe look maybe next year.
Speaker 2: Okay, sound like a cowboy fan, right, all right.
Speaker 11: Well, let's get into it.
Speaker 13: Charlsmagne, Envy, and Jess.
Speaker 11: It's good to see y'all.
Speaker 14: Vice President of JD Vance says lower prices are coming, but Americans will have to wait. So Vance talked to CBS's Face the Nation over the weekend, saying that the Trump administration has already implemented measures aimed at reversing inflation. He insists the administration is working to increase the number of American jobs and improve domestic energy production, both of which he says will eventually cause the cost of living to decrease. Let's hear more from Vice President Jadie Vance.
Speaker 26: Prices are going to come down, but it's going to take a little bit of time. Right that the president has been president for all of five days, Donald Trump has already taken multiple executive actions that are going to lower energy prices. And I do believe that means consumers are going to see lower prices at the pump and at the grocery store.
Speaker 3: But it's going to take a little bit of time.
Speaker 2: There have been a number.
Speaker 26: Of executive orders that have caused already jobs to start coming back into our country, which is a core part of lowering prices.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm not sure what you're talking about as of yet. Seems like people are reeling based on what's coming across my timeline in my news feeds. But switching gears to the border, I mean, it's still a matter of national security. Trump's borders are as promising that immigration rates against suspected illegal immigrants will expand. Now Tom Holman, he spoke to ABC's This Week saying that ice rates will soon go beyond illegal immigrants convicted of crimes.
Speaker 11: Let's hear more from the borders are Tom's homan.
Speaker 27: If you're in a country illegally, you're on the table because it's not okay to you. Well, it's this country. You got to remember every time you're at this country illegally, you violated a crime under Title eight United States Culled thirteen twenty five.
Speaker 7: It's a crime.
Speaker 27: But US see a number steadily increase the number of rest a nationwide as we open up the aperture. Right now, it's contentring public safe and treats national security threats. That's a smaller population. As that aperture opens, there'll be more arrested nationwide.
Speaker 14: Some Homan insisted that the agency does need more funding from Congress in order to fulfill its mission. He also confirmed the immigration authorities will not hesitate to raid schools, churches, and hospital locations that agents weren't allowed to enter under the Biden administration.
Speaker 7: So hey, by the way, ICE really snatching people up.
Speaker 8: I'm hearing some hard stories like from no really, oh yeah, from like people I know that.
Speaker 7: No, people like they're getting stashed up for real, for real, and you know what else they do.
Speaker 8: There's people posing as ICE agents going to Latino's houses and robbing them too.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 2: People are very scared about that.
Speaker 10: People are very nervous about ICE because it's you know, a lot of people are born here, but their mothers aren't, or their fathers aren't, or their cousins or brothers aren't.
Speaker 2: So people are scared nervous.
Speaker 7: Who's going to clean up Los Angeles?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, why do you keep bringing it big?
Speaker 7: Today?
Speaker 6: That is not automatically their job.
Speaker 3: Yo, it's a lot of a lot of their job.
Speaker 8: When people are going not to clean up clean debris in Los Angeles, that's what they gonna be calling and reaching out to.
Speaker 7: You can't just be getting rid of them now at a time like this.
Speaker 6: That's They're not the only ones though.
Speaker 3: All right, they're the chiefest.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, all right, moving on, guys.
Speaker 14: So, Senator Adam Schiff is slamming President Trump's decision to fire at least a dozen federal inspectors generals, which Trump did do over the weekend as well. In an interview with NBC's Meet the Press, the Democratic congressman said inspector generals play a vital role in stopping fraud, abuse, and waste in federal government.
Speaker 11: Let's hear more from Adam.
Speaker 3: Ship the American people.
Speaker 28: If we don't have good and independent inspector generals are going to see the swamp refill, They're going to see rampant waste, fraud, They're going to see corruption. In his first term, he fired Inspector general for providing whistleblower complaints to Congress, fired and Inspector General for saying the pandemic response.
Speaker 3: His response had flaws.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So Schiff also insisted that Trump broke federal law when he made the firings, as Congress must be notified thirty days before any Senate confirmed inspector general is fired by the president. He said the move increases the risk of corruption under the Trump administration and bringing things back to Dee and I diversity, equity and inclusion. We all heard what happened with Target. Target was the latest company to end its diversity equity inclusion programs. The Minneapolis based retailer announced the decision in a memo to employees on Friday. According to CNBC, the memo cited that the importance of staying in the step with the evolving landscape to help drive growth and serve its millions of customers. With the move, Target joints companies like Walmart, Meta, and McDonald's and dropping DEI related pledges and goals. Now, Tabitha Brown, whose lifestyle products are in Target and Walmart, she posted a video on Instagram responding to calls for boycotts against those companies, and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 11: Let's hear from Tabitha Brown.
Speaker 21: I do business all over just like many other people. And what I can tell you is if we all decide to boycott and be like, no, we're not spending no money in these organizations, Listen, I get it. And if that's how you feel, any I one thousand percent get it. But so many of us will be affected, and our sales will drove, our business will be hurt.
Speaker 8: I think it's just complicated. It's a complicated situation, you know. But I do wonder why people are only focusing on Target. I guess they just want to make an example out of one entity. But I mean Walmart rolled back to D initiatives, Meta rolled back their DEI initiatives, Amazon, McDonald's, ford Low's, John Deere. So when you just focus on target, but you're still on all of the social media platforms on Meta, when you just focus on target but you're still using Amazon every day, it's just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see, I see both sides, you know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I see where tablet is coming from, because you know, there's a lot of you know, there's a lot of black entrepreneurs that have their products in Target. But also it's it's like Charlamae said, how do you pick and choose which one you're gonna go against, Like, you know what I mean, there's so many different companies.
Speaker 2: Why is Target the one?
Speaker 14: I think Target is the one right now because they're the latest, and we thought they were standing on business.
Speaker 11: I think that's the that's the case.
Speaker 8: But when you say that's the latest, I mean, like all of this stuff happened this week exactly.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna think by the time I get off air with you, I'm sure another company will have made It's just complicated.
Speaker 8: You know, it's not as simple as saying, hey, let's all boycott. And you know, it's not as simple as saying, hey, let's go to Target and buy up all the black products.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 14: And then when you think about some of the areas, you know, the people certain areas across the country are food deserts, and they may only have a Dollar General, they may only have a Walmart, so you know, and for boycotts puts those people in very compromising and difficult situations.
Speaker 11: So yeah, it's but this is a conversation, and that's your front page news.
Speaker 14: Follow me on social I'm Morgan Media, or excuse me, I'm Morgan would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at Vinnews dot com.
Speaker 11: Talk to y'all later.
Speaker 10: All right, thank you, Morgan. Now, when we come back, Teddy Swims will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with Teddy Swims, So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Warning, everybody is j n V jess hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club just is out today.
Speaker 2: Lauren's holding it down. And of course we.
Speaker 10: Got our niece n la him. We got a special guest in the building, brother Teddy Swims.
Speaker 29: Hey, I was so honored here man. I'm fine man, happy to have you. I'm really really excited.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 29: We we did our album Least party last night though, so uh you know again, excuse my drinking for you.
Speaker 3: Don't drinking early in the morning.
Speaker 2: You see that one less here all.
Speaker 17: The way from my.
Speaker 7: Baby all the way. Yeah, yah, I have one on the way. Absolutely. Yeah, you're drinking with a pregnant man's early.
Speaker 3: Tell us about yourself, Teddy.
Speaker 7: Man, that's so loaded.
Speaker 29: Uh, I'm from Georgia, from from about thirty minutes east of Atlanta and Conyers, Georgia, Dale County, And uh, you know, like singing songs and I'm a good, good good boy.
Speaker 7: Was a very soulful, soulful voice. Did you grow up in the church.
Speaker 29: Yeah, so my granddad was a Pentecostal pastor. I didn't grow up singing in the church a lot, but I you know, I definitely grew up with a fire and brimstone for sure.
Speaker 7: Man with the with the fear of God. Yeah you know what I mean, you're afraid to sind Oh no, no, not not these days.
Speaker 30: I mean, but I'm just talking about like back in the day, was like a very yeah yeah, you know, like girls don't get haircuts, you know, girls wear skirts, men wear jeans like that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: It was really real kind of tight, and I was. I mean, I'm very fortunate. I guess.
Speaker 29: I feel like I still subscribed to so many of the principles of you know, even the beliefs are there.
Speaker 7: I do love that. My my granddad was.
Speaker 29: As I was growing up with my granddad, he was he was like, we wouldn't even go to restaurants that would have a bar in the restaurant, you know. And not that he ever had a problem drinking, but it was just he stood on his belief so much. The thing that I was always with him was that I didn't subscribe to the idea that like telling people that they're wrong and this is the only way to believe something. I remember he looked at other churches and be like, think that the only way he believed it was right. I remember, I remember the first time I sang at his church. I might have been seventeen or sixteen or something, and I remember him saying, like, you know, I want you singing at the church, Bud, But man, all these kids are like.
Speaker 7: Breakdancing and carry it on for the Lord.
Speaker 29: And I was like, yo, pop, like nobody's broke dance since like my mom was the child herself, and if they want to break dance for the Lord, fop, like, let him break dance for the Lord.
Speaker 2: You know, he was.
Speaker 7: He was very you know, stern, like just by the book. If it wasn't in the Bible, then it was a sid you know what I mean. Rebellious Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 29: My mom was worse than I was. I remember I remember getting in trouble for all sorts of being like, I'm not doing any of that. She was thought I was doing all sorts of mess. And I mean, but she was a passers kid.
Speaker 3: My mother was the.
Speaker 10: But I wanted to you know, when you talk about rebellious, you started to playing football, all right, So yes, sir, it was. Her family was a big football family. So what got you from football to singing?
Speaker 7: My different Jens O guard? I can see that. Yeah, yeah, yeah play.
Speaker 29: Yeah, an offensive offensive guard as well. Yeah, And but I mean, I just five foot seven. Wasn't really happening, you know.
Speaker 2: I just in high school, middle school at the time.
Speaker 29: Yeah, but I've been five foot seven since I was in eighth grade, and so I thought they thought I was gonna be big, you know, and then it.
Speaker 7: Just it didn't happen.
Speaker 29: I started shooting up six foot two and three and whooped my ass off the line.
Speaker 2: What got you into arts?
Speaker 29: Like my different Jesse who still plays with me, I've known him since I was a little kid.
Speaker 7: Uh. His dad was.
Speaker 29: Always in bands and stuff, so we started trying to experiment and play music and stuff. And his older sister was a musical theater and got us in the musical theater, and I just kind of fell in love with singing, and I was so I was hooked. I was hooked, as singing has changed my life. I wasn't good always, but I fell in love with it, you know. And I remember telling my mom that I was I was gonna not do football anymore.
Speaker 7: And I was going to sing. And she was so so hurt. I brought out all my memorabilia, like, I can't believe you do this to us. We were playing football, you know.
Speaker 29: And I remember my first little we did this show called Damn Yankees. I did like two lines in it, I think, and uh, after I got done, when I come off stage, and she was like, I'm so sorry, baby, this is where you belong.
Speaker 7: Really you're a star, you know.
Speaker 25: After I did like two lines, you know, but it was what do you mean by you weren't always good at it? Like how do you you sound?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: We were so bad at it?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 29: He was in a group, well, no, just me and my buddy Jesse. He still plays guitar rights and he plays guitar in my band still. And we as we were learning and trying to build bands together and do it as kids. You know, we just were really bad, you know, we suck like we're just not good, Like you can still fine actually on YouTube. I was a senior in high school. My first band, Heroic Bear is still on YouTube, are our first little ep. And I was in like a metalcore band at the time, and so you could still hear me like screaming away and like singing, and if you want to hear, if you hear it, dude, you're gonna be like, Okay, yeah you got good. Did you get lessons or did you practice or how did you just so good?
Speaker 31: Well?
Speaker 7: I think I was so lucky.
Speaker 29: I mean I was in theater, you know, and I had a lot of good friends and they were singing. But I think I think the biggest thing was growing up in the like when the YouTube era was first kind of starting, you know, and if I had questions or if I wanted to know how to sing, there was always a live version of singer singing, you know, so like I could I could watch like live videos of.
Speaker 7: How how is how are they moving they throw? How are they moving their jaws? How are they dissect it?
Speaker 29: You know, I could I could just sit there and watch YouTube videos and see people singing live, you know, like singing Craig David singing like and credit recovery. I would pull up like YouTube proxy and just have it behind the video and just like, listen to Craig David just I'm walking Away was what I could listen to, buy videos and watch them play, you know, and singing.
Speaker 8: It was like, do you think you like saw somebody like Craig David and like mimic tim and that's how you found your voice?
Speaker 7: Oh totally, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 29: Some of the best, man, some of the best that ever did it. Marvin Gaye watching I was just reading man listening to Al Green, you know, I mean I just fell in love with the instrument, and I was like, I want to know how to access that.
Speaker 10: And then you started doing these covers, right, and you started covering songs, and then you did one cover that started shooting up crazy.
Speaker 2: So talk about that a little bit.
Speaker 29: Oh, I think Shania Twain, I'm still the one was already like, that's the one that really kind of went crazy for us. You know, I love my mama, and my mama loved Shanna Twain. When I was coming up, I loved Shania Twain too. That was that was a real life changing one for us. Our first one we started out with was because June twenty fifth of twenty nineteen was the first time I never even s expected in covers, you know, online, and we had found like the stems of Rock with You online Michael Jackson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so it was it was ten years right after he passed.
Speaker 29: It was this ten year anniversary, and so I said, well, we should just do Rock with You by Michael Jackson used to pay homage to him and for the you know, and then and we uploaded it and it started doing well, and was like, man, we should just keep this. I guess this cover train kind of going. So we kept on for you know, the next few months, and I think the beautiful thing about starting with Rock with You it started getting you know, like this said. The first day we woke up, we had like ten thousand views, and it was so life changing for us. We like the boys, we're getting a hammered. This is sick. And it was such a weird thing because once it hit like this this critical mass of like maybe five hundred thousand views, I think people were looking at it and seeing the way I look and then seeing the Rock with You you know, and saying rock with You by Michael Jackson and me and I'm looking like an absolute redneck and saying like, either this is hilarious or this is actually really good, And I think for our benefit it was it was kind of both, you know, because just the fact that I was singing that song doing it well was kind of funny and surprisingly good.
Speaker 7: Now, tell me, why have you tried everything with therapy? Well, I've had tried therapy.
Speaker 29: Now there's you know, even as we're getting ready of a kid, me and my girls have been doing even a couple of therapy too, which has been so wonderful and making sure we're coming in and having this child and the most healed.
Speaker 7: Safest environment possible.
Speaker 29: But I think I think name of the album that was was kind of to have that conversation and with myself to get myself to go.
Speaker 7: I think there's just like.
Speaker 29: Been in generations past, and even still there's this like connotation on therapy that we were like we're not allowed to go to that, or we're not allowed to share our feelings or emotions or yeah, you know, and I just it's been life changing for me. And I did have even this in my brain, and I was like, I'm not crazy. I don't need that, you know. I had this for so long that I was like, I know myself. I don't need nobody to tell me what's wrong with me, you know. And I feel like once I got it to it, it was so much different than I thought it would be too. And I feel like there was something beautiful about having that first album and not trying it and being in a place of turmoil on heartbreak with somebody that was made me feel like my feelings were invalid or or not allowed to have and and having this part two coming out and being this thing of I've tried therapy, I'm back in love, I'm having a child. Got some level of success in this and you know, we on the back of heartbreak, it does get better on the other side.
Speaker 10: You know, we got more with Teddy Swims when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning wanted everybody. We all the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking in with Teddy Swims.
Speaker 7: Lauren, was you going to therapy?
Speaker 25: Was that pushed on you? Not pushed on you, but did your girlfriend kind of like inflaunce you to do there.
Speaker 29: The plan was to have tried therapy after I put out the record. It was like kind of my promise to myself that that the first one, like I'm going to go to therapy.
Speaker 7: And I did push it off for a long time.
Speaker 29: But I think I think when we first found out we were kind of pregnant, she was like, you know what we should do. It was never to push on a therapy, like to me to have my own therapy. But I think she's such a wonderful person. I think she was just like, we should do therapy together as like a couple of therapies, so we make sure we bring our kid in. Yeah, And it kind of once I felt how that was, I was like, you, I should do some therapy by myself, do you And she's like, I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 7: So it's never kind of pushed.
Speaker 29: It was kind of like I think she planted little seeds for me to man strong ass woman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, a strong ass woman.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 29: I think she just kind of knew how to like plant plant the little seed for me to find it on my own, which is what it should be.
Speaker 12: Like.
Speaker 25: You know, one of the things I read you talked about is you want to you're Are you already back down south and left LA from the fire?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 29: No, we're in LA still. We're in the valley and I think we're we're doing okay. We haven't seen like you know, it was it. We had seen a little bit of smoke in our area, but we haven't been home because of I don't want her breathing that thing, you know. But I will say that what's been so beautiful about that situation and my prayers and prayers and prayers and so much prayers is going into that, And what makes me feel like us as a society's I feel like we can all be so jaded and so like tough and hardcore, but when a tragedy happens, you see how like quick people are to come together and love each other and be that community in LA is like coming together and everybody's donating their time and their money and food, and I don't know, I just I haven't seen.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen a place be that. You know, we really we we unite when everybody's going through something together.
Speaker 17: So are you going to stay in LA with the baby because you're gonna move down south?
Speaker 29: He said, yeah, I mean, of course, I'm probably still gonna have to like rent in l A. I think I might still just rent, but I was gonna buy, and it's just spooked me. I might move back, you know, maybe to Nashville where I could work and still be like four hours from the parents if they want to drive up and see a baby.
Speaker 7: But I still want my little boy to have like a little or girl.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that money in the South, man, yeah, you know, and your money goes far.
Speaker 29: Baby had a little Southern accent. You know what I'm saying, Like I want to open doors.
Speaker 8: And you know, you know, Donnelle Rawlins thinks that that you're having a baby.
Speaker 3: He said that, y'all saw y'all on he was on his podcast.
Speaker 8: He said, yeah, and you said you wanted to have a kid, and he told you that you was gonna have one.
Speaker 29: Man, And I can't tell you enough how much like man when they say, don't meet to hear they was right. Donale Rawls is a piece of He's the nicest human big he's the nicest person.
Speaker 3: You say about him, I agree with you inestatement.
Speaker 7: No, keep the rest of it.
Speaker 3: I want him to hear that.
Speaker 29: They'd be like, damn bro, I love you, dude. That's been one of the nicest. He sings me all the time. Man, He's like, he sends me. We just talked yesterday and he's my hero.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: Why you don't have nonell tattooed in the year? What you have? He has the Chappelle tattooed nearest man?
Speaker 17: Actually, what made you put date right there?
Speaker 29: Though?
Speaker 7: I was just I don't have that much room. Leave he's nothing to do.
Speaker 3: Show him look at my No.
Speaker 7: I did I did.
Speaker 2: I did get the meeting.
Speaker 29: Like last year, he had like this gravy party and I got to He's doing this open jam thing and it's cool and I got to beat him and I was like, hey, look, David, I got a tattoo of you.
Speaker 7: He was like hell yeah, you know. We wapped up about it.
Speaker 29: And then IAA, I'm not going to drop trial, you know, and show you my tattoo. Of course I also know what.
Speaker 2: You can show a p sure, yeah.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I don't know. Also, then I don't want to. I don't want to take what he thinks and that it's like too close to It's probably not that close. I'm not hanging that bad anyway. That serious Teddy Swims. Where did that the name come from? I've been called Teddy for my real name is Jaydon. And I think as I was like going up a church and waiting tables and stuff, and for old ladies that was tough.
Speaker 7: Jayson was real tough on them. They just Jamie James. You know, so what do old ladies?
Speaker 17: Because for us, that's like Jane is rightly.
Speaker 7: I appreciate that.
Speaker 29: I don't really know how to respond to that. Teddy was just you know that coin is you know, I've just been Teddy. You know, it's our little Teddy. I just looked like this went out of beard for most of my life. Yeah, for someone who I massage sexually, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Someone who is.
Speaker 7: Sometimes like you mean, like so you turn into this character. No, I don't know it was.
Speaker 29: I first originally found it on like this this this forum which it was like every time Swim does this, swim becomes like you know, it was like it was like a drug forum.
Speaker 7: I found it on.
Speaker 29: I was like people were saying someone who was at me, So it's like kind of like asking for a friend thing.
Speaker 7: I guess we just like added an ass on it.
Speaker 29: Swims like the plural form, and it was like my entire kind of group at the time, and then Teddy kind of slapped in front of it, and it just eventually became Teddy Swims.
Speaker 7: Like it just kind of stuck.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 29: It was like Swims was our unit, and then it was like Teddy Swims from like like Teddy Frum Swims kind of situation, and it was like, you know, just like you would maybe have like a yeah, like an Asap Rocky and Asap ferg that Swims was kind of our like unit. So it was like Teddy Swims and then it just stuck.
Speaker 7: Can you actually swim?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, J can't swim?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 6: I don't know how to responded that.
Speaker 25: How did you know that your girlfriend right now was the one? Because you met her? You met her at a show, right she came to one of your.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, babe, were you she's the one?
Speaker 17: You've seen that girl, I've seen her if you're dating, and like, what was the thing?
Speaker 29: It was?
Speaker 17: It like you saw her and you just knew.
Speaker 29: I had been listening for music for a while too. So my my dear friend Arsenior Archer, he's a producer. We went to high school together and he's like, man, he came to my studio a couple of years ago and was like, hey, man, I want to show you this Grubb been working with. I listened to her song they've made. I don't think the song ever came out, and I.
Speaker 7: Looked her up and I was like, whoa.
Speaker 17: She was like, you saw her.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 29: The messenger is like, I love you. And then a couple of years later, I'm going back to Atlanta. She was living in Atlanta at the time, and her her roommate was like a fan. She was like, Hey, my roommate, you know, wants to come to the show. We'd love to come to show.
Speaker 7: Come see you.
Speaker 29: I was like, please come to the show. I would love to have you. I'll put you on the guests listen. She came and shut and I said, I'm shot.
Speaker 7: What's going on? Like, I don't know, you knew, you knew when you saw her.
Speaker 29: So I think I think it's so important to to like and in relationships with anybody navigating relationships. Are just not the person to waste time with relationships. I think it's like, even if me and this person and we're both single, I'm just like, Okay, let's get this. Let's just clear the air out. Do you find me attractive? I find you attractive? Do we do anything about that? Are we going to be friends? You know, like, let's just navigate this before we're both thinking about it and I'm going home and off and then I'm thinking about you.
Speaker 7: But we're both to be best friends, you know what I'm saying, Let's not do all this. That's not let's not play. You know, I'm navigating.
Speaker 25: Conversation is definitely appreciated.
Speaker 7: And if not, then that's cool.
Speaker 29: We can both we can both acknowledge it we're attractive and also be pals.
Speaker 10: You know, absolutely, Well, let's get into something off the album. You want to belay that one? Yeah? I mean yeah, put it on.
Speaker 29: Forgive you On, Man, my dog brother, the best in the business Man.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the record are you even real? Featuring give On?
Speaker 10: It's the Breakfast Club? Good morning morning, everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Teddy Swims is here, Charlemagne?
Speaker 7: Can I can we talk about some of this music on this new album?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 7: I'd love to you.
Speaker 3: Not Your Man is a very vulnerable record.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Have you ever really felt like you gave everything? To a woman and it wasn't enough.
Speaker 29: Yeah, hell yeah, man, I think it was for to start this one out like that because I was i'ld have wrote this forever I was. I was in a place with somebody where my I know it's her. I don't want to talk about her in a way that because I now, as I've grown and healed and moved on, it's I thank her for for what we went through, you know, and I'm grateful for that time and space that we had together. I was at the place here where I felt like I was giving everything and my feelings in my I was not validated or it was not enough, or I was crazy to feeling this way, or I was abusive situation. I don't want to I don't want to say it while abusive. Oh both man. Physically she was. She was just not good. She was not a good person, and I've won the best for her. But yeah, it was a very tough thing to try to try to heal somebody, Try to make space for someone to heal, Try to give somebody everything you would think you would think if you had, if you had a passion, I'll just make it like this. You had a passion in your life, and you had somebody in your life that says you could quit your job and just focus on your passion.
Speaker 7: I'll take care of the rest.
Speaker 29: You got it, and you don't do anything with your life, but you just eat zat eggs all day and lay around and blame somebody for your shortcomings when you had the opportunity to follow your dream and somebody that would support you with your dreams, and you'd be like so surprised to see if somebody had the opportunity to follow their dreams and they had everything taken care of. How many people would be like, if everything's taken care of, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna do it anymore. And you can't.
Speaker 29: You can't put ambition and drive into somebody. You can't heal nobody, you can't save nobody. And I've started to go on that tangent.
Speaker 25: But from that situation, do you feel like you no longer and able because it's like, though you want to do something out of love to better somebody, sometimes it's to their own detriment.
Speaker 29: Yeah, I think I think, Yeah, I think it's it was an enabling at the end of the day, you know, I was doing something to help someone become but I think at the end of the day, I was enabling somebody to do nothing, and if that was inside of them, I was enabling that.
Speaker 7: And I think it's a common pattern, you know.
Speaker 29: But yes, I'm trying to heal and learn to see somebody for who they are and not who I want them to be or think they should be.
Speaker 3: I can tell you got a big heart. But people will take advantage of hell.
Speaker 29: Yeah, and I'm also grateful to be I don't want to say I'm grateful to be taking avantage that I'm grateful to be available.
Speaker 7: Everybody's gonna use you, but don't let people miss youse a man.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I have a last question for you.
Speaker 25: I was reading this interview you talked about because your girlfriend's black, and you talked about like when you guys are in the South, you get like looks from people and like it bothers you because love should be love. But you're about to bring a baby into the world. You're so positive. She seems so amazing, but the world is not always like that. Like, how do you defeat that because you're really a really nice person, Like it breaks my heart.
Speaker 29: I mean, you know, I hate how much she's go throughs so her dad's black and her mom's white. Yeah, tells me about stuff all the time, about like, you know, how she felt not wide enough for not blacking them, and how much her like world in her life has been such a I guess, like a juxtaposition in both sides, you know, feeling like she wasn't quite accepted by either side, you know. And so this is not a story. I won't I won't tell you her story because she's better saying it than I. Well, I'll never tell you her story. But I see how like how beautiful she is, and how I guess, how like elegant she navigates being who she is. She's the most incredible human being I've ever met man to talk to.
Speaker 8: I would love that Johnson and White, the Song of Money Loan. That title is a little on the those, don't.
Speaker 29: You think, Yeah, yeah, I think I think that the point of it was kind of to the core of love in itself is black and white, Like it's a it's a black and white issue.
Speaker 7: Love is love and not love is not love and.
Speaker 29: Loving, whether if it's a person of a different color, shape, size, sexuality, same sex, whatever it is. I think that the thing was trying to say that we no matter what, we could come from different worlds.
Speaker 7: It's a true I guess.
Speaker 29: Romeo and Juliette story, you know, kind of is the basis of it, is that like, you know, we come from different places, we come from different cultures, we have different things, but when you're in love, man, love is love and that should be enough. And that's really they ain't nothing great about that, man, It's just love.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 7: Love is love.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: I love that record and it's a good stamp because you know, Money Long recently went viral for saying she's not writing soulful songs for white artists.
Speaker 7: Did you see that? I did not? Oh I'm glad I got that one before.
Speaker 3: She said exactly.
Speaker 2: When did she do that song? Was that Long? Did you do that a while ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We did it.
Speaker 29: It's got to be a few months ago now, but different Jeff, Katie and Mickey Echo is a part of it with us too, and we like started working on it. And I remember Jeff gideot As has been working with Money for long years and years and he's like, man, should we see if Money wants to do this song with I was like, I mean, yeah, that's like, that's we'd kind of like to do a record like this.
Speaker 7: We would kind of need that, you know.
Speaker 29: I would be so stoked that she'd be willing to because I knew what I kind of wanted to say. But also I can't say that, you know, without having money helped me say that, you know, but also without like relying too much, you know.
Speaker 7: I think I needed to. We needed to say that together.
Speaker 29: And so I'm just grateful she took that opportunity to say, I see what you're trying to say. I have you say that, you know, and and said it with me, And I think I'm so grateful for her because money is just allegend.
Speaker 7: Man, what a bad bad ass man.
Speaker 10: Now, you also said you wanted to meet one of your musical idols, were Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to get the opportunity.
Speaker 29: Yeah, you know, we haven't met in person, but yeah, yeah, and I got I've got a chance to do a record with him too. So uh, I think he's gonna put out on his next record, I hope. So, I hope it's gonna come out. I'm really excited. It's it's a good record. It's called Politics Player and uh, yeah, which is such an honor to be I'll see you wonder record. But yeah, he did FaceTime. I'll tell you about It's so funny, man, he had FaceTime.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 29: And here's the thing, this thing, he is actually blind, y'all. He this is true life.
Speaker 7: He was blind.
Speaker 29: I'm saying people saying people, there's a conspiracy that he's not.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm telling you. I'm telling you. I was on the phone with this.
Speaker 29: I was facetiming this man and he said, he turned this, he had put the camera around. He said, this is my son over here. And then he said I'm over here to Dave. He's pulled it ouver here and he said, and this is my niece. And then he had he had a phone facing her and for the next ten minutes of the conversation, I'll look.
Speaker 7: As far as you are. I looked at his niece and he was holding up he was holding the camera.
Speaker 29: He was telling like, he's not all seeing it.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 2: She was sitting there.
Speaker 7: She was sitting there text on her phone.
Speaker 32: I didn't have the hard to say, hey, I can't see you. Well, you know, my dumb ass man, My Dumbes's the reason he called me because I was in Tokyo. I was in Tokyo and I had found I had found my favorite album, all time, best album ever songs in the Key A Live.
Speaker 7: I found a CD of it.
Speaker 29: It was a Tokyo version of it, like the Japanese version of it. And my dumb ass you was texting him a picture of it. Oh my goodness, like an idiot, like like he was gonna see it right right, Like I just took him. That's what I found, Bro. I found Bro saying his FaceTime me. So I was like, my dumb ass too, was like, you give up, Chuck. He's definitely he didn't see it, Bro, I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I just just just to put all those things to rest, and he did not shut down.
Speaker 17: It's crazy.
Speaker 25: All these years black people have been trying to figure this out and you are the one that solved the problem.
Speaker 7: I just I just know I was looking at his knees for about fifteen minutes. Again.
Speaker 10: There you have it, any swims, y'all. I appreciate you for joining us. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning.
Speaker 10: Everybody's see j n V Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the mess you use.
Speaker 15: Is real weather, it's just flience.
Speaker 4: Jessica robber Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 23: Nobody talk world wid jess worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 24: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 2: Get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 6: So over the weekend, I seen something.
Speaker 2: Chill out, Lauren Lord.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put the picture of move, I said down because that's the picture of skeptic.
Speaker 17: Okay, Yeah, which I know this happens to be there.
Speaker 6: You just put me on.
Speaker 4: Who's kept the working Okay, But I've seen something over the weekend with academics and another underage situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whatever was going over there.
Speaker 25: Yeah, So over the weekend, academics got called out by a ton of people. Academy was on the stream and while he was on the stream, he was on a streamer. It was a fifty year old streamer on there and another man on the stream and they started having a conversation that was was It was weird, to say the least. Let's take a listen to the conversation.
Speaker 19: Max said that you wanted to try try do you know what ya?
Speaker 12: Yo?
Speaker 19: Suppose He's like, Yo, bro, listen, Yo, you always wanted me to be next to you.
Speaker 7: Now I could be inside.
Speaker 12: Pause.
Speaker 17: Yo, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 19: If Max got a sister and she threw you up to.
Speaker 17: Just no because I'm fifteen, what I mean she's eighteen.
Speaker 3: I mean it will be grooming.
Speaker 2: Well grooming, that's nothing to do.
Speaker 7: With you'll wish your as.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send some strippers over there, Yo.
Speaker 17: I'm fifteen hoping all that. Bro, you're trying to get Bro, I'm not yo. Bro, you're trying to put me on a case. You're trying to put them on a case.
Speaker 11: So what you means?
Speaker 7: So that's weird. You know all the rappers lost to Virginity's like old women, right, fifteen year old?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 25: It was very very very smart. So of course this, you know, picked up everywhere. The audio leak from the stream and then or was released from the stream, and then people started responding to it. Artists other streamers started reacting and calling it weird.
Speaker 6: And secondary secondary voice.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 25: I can get his name for you, but from the reports, he used to be a manager for Tory Lanez.
Speaker 17: But I would have to get his name for you.
Speaker 25: But yeah, so people were calling Act out of course because y'all hear the conversation, it was weird. Now, the fifteen year old boy, he's actually a discord mid so he works under play black boy Max.
Speaker 17: You know that he's a huge streamer.
Speaker 25: So he then got on his stream and said, look, conversation was weird. I don't care who the conversation was between, it was weird. And he started warning his younger community about conversations like those.
Speaker 29: Right.
Speaker 25: So Act then gets back on stream and responds to people, including Max calling him weird.
Speaker 17: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: This turned me so off.
Speaker 19: I swear to God, and I never swear to God. I never need to be on ky Bax. Ain't in nobody stream I don't need nothing nobody who streamed.
Speaker 3: I got my own thing going on.
Speaker 2: So when I see.
Speaker 1: This me off, I'm like, bro, I'm over here a few with these nights supporting them. If y'all think actually some type of I promise you no more Max clips. I promise you every clip you see from Max from now one. I guarantee you three thousand dollars a clip. Every label pay me that. Yo, I showed too much luck to ever be called awardo. I show too much love.
Speaker 19: I know people trying to make it weird, and this is why, you know, I know it ain't even ain't even Maxi's communities really like these Kendrick fans like that.
Speaker 7: So is weird.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you weird though, for sure of Fat Funky is WEIRDO.
Speaker 25: Well, it was even more weird that he brought the Drake and Kendrick beef into it, because yeah, like people were making their memes like I saw one meaning like, oh, act like what Drake likes because the whole you.
Speaker 17: Know, underage conversation or whatever.
Speaker 25: But I think the bigger thing here people were pissed is like, yo, you didn't even take accountability for the conversation you just had, which was weird.
Speaker 17: He's a fifteen year old boy.
Speaker 3: I thought he did, though I didn't hear that part.
Speaker 7: I thought he apologized, so that.
Speaker 17: Was the first response.
Speaker 25: Then people got even more mad because he responded that way, and then he continued and.
Speaker 17: He eventually took accountability. We do have that clip. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 19: I get it. Y'all are of set. How do we cancel act? I'm still the biggest pause. You can't cancel what you didn't build this issue aside which I again I am wrong. I will be better. This is a teachable moment, I only. I also don't think it's only a teachable moment for me. For me, at first, I'm looking at like, bro, it's a dude, right, and if it was a woman, like that's a dude.
Speaker 7: That's like a little bro.
Speaker 19: Hopefully people can learn from this whole little scandal with me, and I hope you know, the stream of community and anybody who watches it and participates.
Speaker 3: I hope those people you.
Speaker 19: Know, whether you're underage or not, we're streamers who benefit from everybody viewing us. So I hope we all change and act accordingly. I gotta watch my speech. That's clear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't worry about nobody else.
Speaker 7: It's you.
Speaker 4: And and the fact that the little boy was telling you like what it was, and like, yo, no, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 6: This is called grooming.
Speaker 4: I'm only fifteen, I'm not I don't smash, I don't even I don't do none of that. And you and your man's cap on going on and on, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 25: I think that the sentiment here was, like I think people just wanted to hear him know that it was wrong and that it was a conversation that shouldn't have been had. And eventually he got to that point, but it took him a few streams and a few yes.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: What was interesting about the situation is he apologized and he doesn't have to because what's what're you gonna take from that?
Speaker 17: I mean, that's what he That's what he's saying.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, son even still, why would he apologize and he's gonna do the same thing next week? Like this this is not the first or the last time he's gonna do something like that, Like that's so let's hopeless the last time.
Speaker 16: I mean.
Speaker 25: And there are reports nothing I have confirmed, just from other streamers that have said that, like you know, the younger boy's mom is like not happy about this, so there may be an investigation into whatever whatever.
Speaker 17: Nothing that I have confirmed, And that's.
Speaker 8: What you got to be concerned about it, And that's what everybody got to be concerned about when they have these any type of conversation on platforms because that with that kid's mama says, hey, my son's experiencing emotional distress now, and now she hits you with a lawsuit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she already got them very intelligence.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's I mean, and it's recorded, but you know, I wanted to salute that young boy's parents, you know what I mean, because the fact that he knows exactly what he's what he needs to look for, and what he was It was, like you said, at age fifteen, the words he's using, meaning they had that conversation.
Speaker 8: That wasn't something that I'm not saying he didn't learn and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: He had a conversation with.
Speaker 10: His parents that he learned and he knows what it is, what it is, he knows how to avoid it.
Speaker 7: That's crazy boiler from the dedication.
Speaker 2: I don't know about it, but he's.
Speaker 25: Under a really big streamer, like you know, on platforms, so maybe his parents did pulling something like yo, like you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I would hope, So, I would hope.
Speaker 10: So anybody that has kids should have those conversations with the kids if they're streaming, so so they know what to look for and know how to handle it. He handled it like a g so he handled it great, amazing. The only thing he should have did was put his pops on the phone.
Speaker 17: And that would been crazy Dad pulling up on act.
Speaker 13: Already the strain.
Speaker 6: Wow, thank you, Lauren, You're welcome. Thank you? Did he?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Diddy?
Speaker 17: That's who taught them right.
Speaker 8: No, don't please, don't somebody clip Lauren put on when you were twenty seven twenty five?
Speaker 3: Laur just said thank you?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 3: But no read.
Speaker 8: Y'all do charlamage donkey too for after the hour, another teacher with moment. There's a Florida man named Shannon Atkins who needs to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 7: Y'all gonna learn about performing for that damn Internet. We're gonna discuss.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, wake up. If you're like into the breakfast.
Speaker 10: Club, make sure you're telling them to watch out for Florida.
Speaker 8: The craziest people in America come from the Bronx in all of four.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 28: So Florida man attacked an ATM for a very strange reason.
Speaker 6: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 13: Florida man is arrested after that win, saying he rigged the door to his home in an attempt to electric hit his pregnant lights.
Speaker 6: Police arrested in Orlando. Man, we're talking about.
Speaker 8: From Menda the Practice Club, Bitch you Donkey of the Day with Charlam Haine to guy, I don't know why y'all keep letting him get y'all like this lessen Donkey Today from Monday, January twenty seventh goes to Shannon Atkins. Okay, here's a forty six year old Florida man. What does your uncle Sharla always say about the great state of Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. Look, man, I said this last Thursday when I did the Daily Show, and I want to repeat it. Some of y'allre not gonna make it through the next four years because y'all already, you know, lost your mind about Trump in the first four days. Okay, today starts the second week of the second Trump administration. Last week, Trump signed over one hundred executive orders and actions. On his first day, he signed twenty six to them, everything from declaring a national emergency at the Mexico border to establishing that it is the policy of the USA to recognize only two sexes on official documents, and those sexes are male and female.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 8: So when a trans woman gets called sir, don't be mad at the person calling the transistorm mist his president's orders. But what I need to tell the American people this morning is please remember your serenity prayer, not just for the next four years.
Speaker 3: But forever.
Speaker 8: Okay, God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Okay, stop stretching over things that are simply out of your control. And what Trump is doing in that White House definitely impact society, but it's out of our control.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: If you can't come up with intelligent, strategic, productive forms of resistance or protests to this Trump administration, then sit your stupid ass down before you find yourself in a situation like Shannon Atkins. See Shannon was on social media doing what most people are doing, and that's garnering engagement from people's enragement. See, Shannon decided to say something about President Donald Trump on social media Facebook to be exact and let me rephrase.
Speaker 3: He didn't have something to say, he just starting to kill. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Shannon Atkins got on Facebook and said, matter of fact, I'm not repeating what he said. Okay, somebody will clip that and make it seem like I said and have me jammed up. What's the news report?
Speaker 3: What is it read? Let's go to CBS for the report. Please.
Speaker 33: One man arrested for making online threats to the president. West Palm Beach Police announced the arrest of Shannon Deparo Atkins. The Elkichobe man now faces several charges, including written or electronic threats to kill. The investigation began after the FBI got a tip about violent Facebook posts directed at the president.
Speaker 16: Some of the posts were Lincoln JFK Rag and Martin Luther King and Trump. Atkins posted, unfortunately one is still alive. He wrote something to that effect. He also wrote another saying bullets please Jesus save America.
Speaker 3: Police say.
Speaker 33: Atkins says he was joking when he made those posts. He is also facing a drug possession charge after detectives found cocaine on him at the time of his arrest.
Speaker 8: Joking joking, Shannon, you thought that was funny, I was just joking. Doesn't even work in the court of public opinion. So it damn sure is it's going to work in a quart of law. I was just joking is not a defense. And who you just joking like that for?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 8: See, this is the performative stuff that happens on social media. But I've been telling you all on this radio for years. It's things you do online. Can it will get you jammed up offline? Okay, I bet everybody who liked that post or shared that post, or left a comment on that post a little one hundred are the praying hand emojis, are the laughing emojis. Not one of those people, Shannon, are going to contribute to your bill now. One of those people are gonna donate to your lawyer fees. Not one of those people gonna pay any of your bills while you are away in prison.
Speaker 7: What you're posting about killing the president for them.
Speaker 8: And that's why we say it's all performative, because you make a strong statement about wanting to see the president dead, only to say you joking.
Speaker 7: When things get real.
Speaker 8: Nnnnnah, You're gonna see this one through.
Speaker 7: Okay. By the way, the government doesn't play about his presidents.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: I know you might think they only acting like this because.
Speaker 8: It's Trump, but no Obama received, you know, a lot of internet threats and people got arrested and sent us to prison for threatening to kill forty four to two. Okay, Now, Shannon also got caught with three baggies of cocaine.
Speaker 7: You heard that in the news report.
Speaker 8: In my personal life, I have come to the realization that the sooner you understand people be on cope, the less you take things personally. All right, that is very true, but that has nothing to do with the law. You going to prison, and I just want we the people to be smarter over the next four years. Okay, Emotional decision making will get your results like this, but guess what performative decision making will get you results like this too.
Speaker 7: Please give Shannon Atkins the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the d oh all the day.
Speaker 3: Ye yes, indeed, all right, he heard that one.
Speaker 2: You sure did, sure did.
Speaker 10: How many follows do you have? I wonder it don't matter the fact that we got five tasks.
Speaker 8: Jesus, you know why, because all it takes is for somebody to see it, and then when somebody sees it, then they report it to the proper authorities, which is the FBI, and then the FBI coming to get you.
Speaker 7: It's really just that simple, Okay.
Speaker 2: I was just playing like I'm just playing joking. Okay, all right, all right, Well if that was your donkey of the day, now.
Speaker 7: Judge might do that just might be like fifty years Damn, that's funny.
Speaker 8: I'm just joking. Give them twenty funny.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 10: Now, when we come back, we have the women from Good Mom's Bad Choices Podcast. We're gonna be talking to the next right, so don't go anywhere. It's to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 23: Morning.
Speaker 10: Everybody is the j Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club Lawn, the Rolls of filling in for Jess. We got some special guests joining us today, indeed season two of their podcasts on the Black Effect Good Mom, Bad Choices Podcast. We have Erica Dickerson and Jamila Matt Welcome, ladies, Thank you, how y'all feeling great?
Speaker 6: Let's feel a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I love the name of y'all podcasts. Good Mom's Bad Choices? What does that mean?
Speaker 13: You know, I think society has deemed women and moms in a certain light, and historically we're not really allowed to make bad choices. But really bad choices are relative, you know, like smoking a blund is a good choice for me, but for other people that might be a bad choice, you know. So I think it really kind of just flips the narrative around what bad choices actually are and allows moms in particular to give themselves grace and prioritize whatever it is that they want to prioritize. It's funny, though, because a lot of people really hated that name. All of our friends told us that that was a bad idea.
Speaker 20: I don't know, because I think bad choices and good moms don't go together, and you assume that that means something terrible. But I mean, I'm sure we've all made some choices that some other person told you were bad, but they were actually fun or good or exciting, and sometimes you got to make your own choice. And I think, you know, people put moms in a box. You can only behave a certain way, you can only dress a certain ways, like you give birth and suddenly Martha Stewart or something.
Speaker 11: But the truth is.
Speaker 20: Is you had a baby because you had sex. So you know, there's just like the humanness of it.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought it was.
Speaker 7: I thought you saying the bad choice is the baby daddy.
Speaker 20: No, okay, that's alive.
Speaker 17: That wasn't why we made the name.
Speaker 20: But did we make some choices that could have been better. Yes, but you learn from those choices and then you find a second baby daddy.
Speaker 25: That's you said, second baby. Sometimes people find a second baby daddy. I don't know you guys personally, and I'm new to watching and listening to your podcast. Are you guys on the journey of finding a second baby daddy? Are you still with the first baby daddy? Like we're y'alling on? Tell one is engaged? Okay, I just got engaged last week.
Speaker 20: Okay, so I have found my second my husband.
Speaker 17: Yeah, thank you, Jeffrey. And I think that's another thing. It's like women, there's like.
Speaker 20: The stigma that you have to say with your baby daddy or you're you're deemed unworthy or unmarriable after your single mom, and it's just not true. It's not real and like, sometimes you gotta do better this second time, and sometimes you gotta leave the first one for your happiness and for your peace.
Speaker 17: And that's okay.
Speaker 25: So tell us about the engagement and how it happened, because I saw that trending last week on I think it was Twitter. There was a girl that was like, and for all the guys that keep saying, just because you have a kid, nobody's gonna want you.
Speaker 17: My stepdaddy DMS is lined up.
Speaker 20: Baby, And you know that was a big fear of ours. I think that was how we like kind of formed our podcast too. It's like, as black women, it's so like the stereotype of being a single black mom is it's crazy, you know, like and nobody, no woman wants that, to be a single mom, but particularly for black women, there's this heavy burden of like, oh my god. And the truth is is like you learn, you get better when you're a mother, You take dating gets taken more seriously. I don't have time to play, I don't have time for bs. You know, I know what I need and what I want. So yeah, I met my man four years ago. We dated for three years. He's from New York. I imported him to LA because La men are not so great.
Speaker 13: But yeah, we dated.
Speaker 20: We dated for three years, we lived together for two and you know we've been engaged two weeks.
Speaker 6: So you know, we did a little.
Speaker 17: I did the adult thing. What about you.
Speaker 13: I have a partner, and so you know we're still we're not anywhere near where she's at. But it's been a journey, you know, as a single mom. I think they're, like you said, there's a lot of shame. I remember when I first when I when I me and my child's father broke up. I remember I joined Tender and I always tell our listeners like new moms that are trying to get out there, I'm like dating apps is when you first like become single. Like for me, I really needed the confidence boost because I felt so disconnected from my sexuality. I felt so disconnected from my value in so many ways, and unfortunately not fortunate, well unfortunately unfortunately I really did. I needed that confidence. It was to be like, oh it's wipe right, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: But I think that for me in this in this period, in this time and in my journey of being a single mom, I have learned through the people that I've dated, which you know, things haven't worked out, but I've evolved so much and been able to I think manifest this person that I'm with now who accepts me holistically because one thing that we were told, and we've been told a lot because of our show and the content of our show.
Speaker 13: We talk about sex very candidly. We talk about our dating experience is very candidly. We talk about our bad choices very candidly. And you're not going to find a man like that. No man's going to marry that you were You like your.
Speaker 2: Titties out like you weren't.
Speaker 13: You don't like shirts like we literally, you don't like shirts.
Speaker 17: She doesn't like.
Speaker 13: Shirts, you know, and her titty makes an appearance. I was like, you can't make an appearance today. Okay, the right titty likes to make an appearance. And but there's a lot of narrative around just being too confident in your body and yeah, being to you, you have to compartmentalize yourself to be a wife, to be a high valued woman, which is a conversation that I feel like has always been part and it's been on the internet for a long time, but now women are pushing this narrative of being high valued women, and I feel like it's very dangerous and very violent against women, specifically when it's pushed by women.
Speaker 25: Erica questioned for you, and only because you mentioned this earlier, I know what your kid's dead With Freddy, it's a little bit different for you too, because he's an artist, Like people know Freddy Gibbs. Right, how do you deal with the judgment because yours is like probably fifty times more because your relationship and everything that happened out of it was so public.
Speaker 17: Like, is that harder for you? Is it harder to talk about?
Speaker 13: No, it's not hard for me to talk about. I mean early on in the show it was. I mean when we started the podcast, I was relatively like maybe five months out of our breakup.
Speaker 25: Who you were mentally okay enough? Your breakup was pretty No, I was not okay, which is not okay.
Speaker 17: So wait, so back it up then talk me through that.
Speaker 25: So you're five months out of you were engaged, you got you are just welcome your baby, and you find out there was another woman another baby. Then you decided to go get on a public platform in stud of podcasts. MM, what was your thinking around that? And like, mentally outsided just talking to her. What else did you do to be able to get through that as wrong?
Speaker 13: You know, I didn't have a lot of thought. Honestly, people ask us why we started the show. It was really I just needed someone to talk to. And I started listening to podcasts, actually really murder Mystery podcasts, and then I started looking up podcasts in the you know, single mom podcasts, black podcasts. At the time, there were really none like this. The space has changed and evolved so much, but before that it was like white moms drinking wine, calling her kids ass and like nerdy white guys like and Murder Mystery, which is why I was there. You know, I felt like, Wow, this space is wide open. I wonder if like my friend that I just met, because I didn't know Jamila really at all, would want to sit and like, let's just talk about being single moms. And then as we started talking and just being vulnerable, things just started pouring out.
Speaker 6: She told me the story and.
Speaker 20: I, yeah, oh about there, And I immediately it was intrigue because we had hung out, but it was very surface and I was like, oh, this is kind of spicy, kind of like her.
Speaker 17: I was like, Okay, I can kind of get with this because at first it was very like, how are you liking motherhood?
Speaker 13: It's great, I love it.
Speaker 20: You know, and not being real And when she said that, it immediately made me feel close to her, and I asked her at that moment, I said, okay, I'll did the podcast. I don't even know what that is, like a radio show. I was like, but are you going to tell the story about your couple? And because that's the only way I could do it on or off, I don't really have a great area.
Speaker 13: And she was like, okay, black couple of white couple, black and white, oh black women, black and white husband, Oh.
Speaker 3: Doctor lumwah would be.
Speaker 7: I was like, this white man got three queen, his wife is beautiful.
Speaker 10: Yes, we got more with the ladies from Good Mom, Bad Choices. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club the Morning Morning. Everybody is DJ env Jess Hilarious, Charlamage the God we are the Breakfast Club. Laura Roast is here as well. We're still kicking it with the ladies from Good Mom's Bad Choices podcast.
Speaker 8: Charlama, what is this sex? So I was just in tantric practitioner because that's what you are too. That's what that's what your retreats are about right now.
Speaker 20: A retreats for I mean somewhat. Yeah, tantrum is about like starting the dialogue with your body, using pleasure as medicine. Like she said, I think a lot of times people think pleasure is just like sex. You're just solely in the bedroom. You lock the door, you turn the lights off, you don't talk about it. But there's pleasure in all things, right like you probably I saw you were a little snuggy on this morning, but you.
Speaker 17: You know, like sometimes there's those things that just.
Speaker 13: Like lighting a candle, setting the vibe, eating a.
Speaker 20: Good meal, and like I think sometimes we reserve those intimate pleasures for like you know, we just put everything in a box. And so it's just like the spiritual like technology that is like a practice of being in tune with your pleasure and not removing the divinity from intimacy and from sex, you know, because it's very it's given to us by God. And I think it's just about teaching and practicing other people to do that too.
Speaker 25: I read an Essence article on you guys, and you talked about apologizing to your key and how good that has been and how freeing that is. And we always had this conversation me with my mom, like I'd be like, you need to learn how to apologize, but you guys are doing it early. Why and how has it worked in your relationship with a kid?
Speaker 6: Because I didn't get it.
Speaker 13: I didn't get apologies, you know, And so I realized that as I was evolving in motherhood. And I always tell people I'm a ten year old mother, Like I only know as much as I know of a ten year old mother, you know, new ish at this point, maybe a little seasoned, not quite. But I've seen the power of apologizing. I've seen how much my daughter feels safe talking to me because her mom is willing to say, hey, I kind of dumb, I'm sorry about that. Hey I lost my temper. And I think a lot of times we've pushed things under the rug, and like all those things, you don't forget them as kids, you know they and then they show up in different ways in your life where you now have a problem apologizing. You can't acknowledge the things that you've done wrong, and now it's holding you back. And so I just didn't I don't want that for her, and so I think it's really important for parents overall to get used to that idea, not idea, that that thing and do that and like, why wouldn't you, Why wouldn't you want to apologize to your child if you know, yeah, and it feels good. It feels good to like reverse whatever it is that you know didn't work for you, you know. I think about like I had like a recent like parenting moment with my daughter because she was getting bullied at school and I was like, oh, no, so we're here.
Speaker 6: Because I'm gonna beat all these little kids.
Speaker 17: I was like, Okay, you can't do that.
Speaker 13: Don't do that, Erica, you can't just it. Well, now I'm on Breakfast Club talking about it. It wasn't me. You know. At first, I was like, all right, I'm just gonna like talk to the school and have them deal with this because I don't know what to do. And then I was like, no, I have to have to face this head on, and so you know, I was just you know, I sat with her and talked to her. She had a really hard time telling me because I think she's my daughter's going to be ten and right now in her life, like her her social circle is very important to her. You know, she's just building these friendships and like it feels like her whole world, and so stirring the pot feels like it's not it's not a big deal, it's fine, you know. And so I was just empowering her to stand up for herself. And after that moment, like I was talking it through.
Speaker 3: I was like, Damn, that was good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, y'all have a book too, A Good Mom's Guide to Making Bad Choices, explain why they need a guid to make bad choices, you know.
Speaker 20: I think when we were writing this, I realized, like there are so many books about parenthood, like how.
Speaker 17: Do you care for your baby? How do you spottle the baby?
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 20: You know, like there's all these there's all these things about how you care for a baby, and there's rarely there's no books really about how the do I care for myself after this huge thing that's happened. My body has changed, my life has changed. I'm, you know, implementing a new human and I'm caring for something and there's a lot of fear. There's a lot of anxiety in that that nobody talks about, and even for us. Our book talks about like our journey in single parenting. There's a lot of mom experiencing that, a lot of mom's fighting it, like trying to put a square in a circle, Like sometimes it just don't work and that's okay. And so I think this book is really about the guide to finding yourself whatever that is for you, and being authentic in it and all. So, like, how do you care for yourself in this process of parenting because there are no books about that.
Speaker 17: It's always about the child.
Speaker 20: And that's the thing about motherhood, like it has to be self sacrificing, but it doesn't and it shouldn't be. And that's really what the book is based in.
Speaker 10: I wanted to ask, you know, did you ever resent your baby fathers? And if you did, how did y'all get over it?
Speaker 13: It's a work in progress, I think that, you know, early on, of course, there was more resentfulness. I think there's acceptance too. You just have to kind of accept the person you chose and this is it, you know, and then from there build the tribe. And that's really what I've done. I have an incredible support system that will show up when he can't, you know, and granted, both of us have very busy careers. He's out of the country, out of town a lot, and so ninety eight percent of everything has fallen into my hands. So I would be lying to say there's no resentment like or there hasn't been resentment. But I also just I also like have have to humanize him as well. If I'm going to give grace to the women that I that I serve, and give grace to myself, then I also have to understand where he's at, what happened, like, where what wasn't what needs were not met in your childhood? What things are you battling with that you're not confronting and avoiding, you know. And so that doesn't.
Speaker 25: Always come because sometimes I want to curse him out, but then I have to kind of bring it back and say, Okay, well, this work doesn't just apply to this. I have to be able to apply it to both and and it does my daughter, No, it doesn't do It doesn't do my daughter any any benefit by you know me, you know, bad talking him, especially in front of her. I try my best to for her to feel like we are still a family.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: We pray, we pray for her dad. We talk about her dad like I ask it, I ask even like, you know, he had another child and the reason we broke up was because he got another woman pregnant. And you know, I never in a million years thought that I would be able to be like in the presence of that child ever. And I know there's a lot of women listening that have maybe experienced this or maybe going through this, because I know what a feeling. Yeah, and it was I. I literally I just there was no way. I remember the first time he brought his son into my house, like unannounced, and I was like, oh, did you cry?
Speaker 17: How was the did you cry? Like what would your I didn't even know how to cry.
Speaker 13: I was frozen, you.
Speaker 22: Know, like I, baby, you don't want to react to the baby. Yeah, and likes as women, like we are territorial around this role of mother and like the space that we share with this person, like this is what we decided to do and this is an interruption, and but you know, but but now, like I have so much love for that child. You know, I wouldn't be a good mom who makes bad choices without that child. Like thank you, baby mama for you know, breaking the family up because because no, truly, because.
Speaker 13: I didn't know myself then, I was really like living for him, and and so I think that like to answer your question, it's just like about answer your question. It's just about like allowing grace and knowing that, yes, there are times when I want to curse that man out, but also I love him because he gave me my daughter.
Speaker 25: You know, did the baby daddy's ever come to you and apologize for what he's kind of referencing like that flack of like dang, I'm sorry put you through?
Speaker 6: Or denial, denial, denial.
Speaker 13: If you ask them, they probably would would say they have. But I mean, you know, most dad's like I'm doing great.
Speaker 6: You would see her in two weeks.
Speaker 13: Our baby's daddy's trying to link up a few times once and we were like, what the hell are they? They're talking about? Sarty podcast.
Speaker 7: Network, be Aflic Adventure.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you all for joining. Make sure you subscribe.
Speaker 10: Good Mom, Bad Choices podcast on the Black Effect Network, Jamila Map every Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Every Wednesday, they drop, so check them out. That's right, it's The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. I seen the video for this y's.
Speaker 10: I'm Chris Brown. I just can't sing a dance, but I'm there. I'm there in my mind.
Speaker 17: He was getting so much love in the video.
Speaker 2: First, all right, well let's get to Jest with the Mexico is real?
Speaker 19: Is justic?
Speaker 10: Robber Moore just don't do no lines, don't do talk.
Speaker 2: Nobody talk the world?
Speaker 3: Why jes worldwide? Me talk on the Breakfast Club. He's the coaching ship.
Speaker 24: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see it on.
Speaker 4: All right, So, Lauren, you had this picture of Aaron, Pierre and Skepta up here since six o'clock this morning, and you've been dying to talk about these two brothers. What what's going on?
Speaker 31: Yes?
Speaker 25: I mean it's not anything crazy. They just out here being fine. You know how that go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 17: But uh who brief like that?
Speaker 25: Okay, because I'm gonna say and because you know Pierre's moved fast, I had you going, we're gonna get there.
Speaker 4: Yes, Aaron Perre is fine. Soone skeptain skeptic is cool. But why didn't you even get like what's going on?
Speaker 25: So they were at the Louis Show, the men's wear a fashion show for Fashion Week in Paris, and they just took the picture because they were both at the show. And when they took the picture, it went crazy viral, super crazy viral, especially because you know Aaron pa yes you did.
Speaker 17: I know today it gonna smile like that.
Speaker 7: Why do you hate them?
Speaker 2: Brothersody, No, he's mad.
Speaker 25: Let me talk to y'all, Okay, so listen. So basically, when the photo went viral, we were crashing out online. I was a part of the crash out. No seatboat, okay, because they look so good, but Skeptic really will remind somebody, especially a light skinned man, don't play with him.
Speaker 17: Okay, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: When yeah, it's that's right.
Speaker 25: They were talking about how gorgeous these men are just in general, but Skepta just no, one needs to stay.
Speaker 3: Next to him.
Speaker 8: Whenever you see a wasple colored negro sitting next to all that meland and he looked like a pit bull.
Speaker 17: Okay, all of that.
Speaker 4: But the girls were going off and guys got up said it was men online.
Speaker 17: Acting like envy.
Speaker 2: Really, I didn't do anything that.
Speaker 25: Men were online basically saying like, y'all are delusional, y'all don't need to be acting like this.
Speaker 6: Why he was talking like this?
Speaker 7: Men was saying this grown.
Speaker 25: Men, envy. You gotta you got a Twitter? What was you doing this weekend?
Speaker 3: I wasn't doing nothing.
Speaker 2: I heard they both got six toes though that I did. He that though alleged why.
Speaker 3: Do people hate on us?
Speaker 4: Sex symbols as long's the next door?
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 25: I want to tell you'll skept the I mean he had to come out and be like, look, I'm seeing big men are arguing with the girls about me because I took a pic with a man twelve years younger. Mean, ooh and he's twelve years older. I'm literally that man's uncle. You need to chill and let the ladies tweet in peace.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let the women have someline, whether it's skept the mufossa me mars.
Speaker 3: Don't hate on God great?
Speaker 17: Remember definitely couldn't you? Can you play them? Because Ammy? I know you Vy, I know you were trying to come on, Come on, emmy, come on.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 3: He got up all game, got I woke up.
Speaker 29: All right?
Speaker 4: Hop off skept the next door because I had to make sure if you got that end, because you know, before we move away, from the light skin.
Speaker 17: I gotta get my bro in here. Okay, all right now.
Speaker 2: Like all right, yes you get up, sweet.
Speaker 7: You we're going going to.
Speaker 28: Yo.
Speaker 25: So all right, changing gears, Snoop Dogg. You remember, Snoop? Everybody was upstairs?
Speaker 3: Do you know what Snoop is?
Speaker 17: Hemmy, I'm sorry this man through me?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right.
Speaker 7: Do we remember what people were even mad at two days ago?
Speaker 3: Because people move on so fast.
Speaker 17: You're right, steptic is so fine?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 17: Yes, so Schoop Snoop.
Speaker 25: Snoop responded seemingly to the people that have been upset at him for performing at the Crypto Ball for Trump.
Speaker 17: Let's take a listen that.
Speaker 13: It's Sunday, man, I got gossling my heart right now.
Speaker 2: So all I hate my answer would love y'all can't hate enough for me.
Speaker 3: I love too much.
Speaker 7: Get your life right.
Speaker 10: Stop worrying about man, I'm cold, I'm together, still a black.
Speaker 3: Man, still one hundred percent black. All out to your ball out.
Speaker 25: Yeah, So Snoop is so unbothered. I don't even know what else to say. But like it's Snoop, He's unbothered, he doesn't care.
Speaker 7: He's still Snoop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, end of the day.
Speaker 10: Inside no soup looks like he has the most amazing fun on Sundays. I don't know if you've seen it. He had told family to his aunts and uncles, knows they watching the game, they drink and they dancing.
Speaker 8: It looks like fun or something I would say is I wouldn't call what snoop received hate.
Speaker 7: I would just say that people have an opinion.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? You know, not the people was made.
Speaker 6: On them, just like, yeah, they had an opinion and they wanted like answers like yo, but you said, yeah, they were disappointed.
Speaker 25: Disappointment is better. Disappointment is better. Okay, well yeah he's on by there. But moving on to another story here. Somebody that spoke out recently d Woods. So you guys remember d Woods. She was a part of the whole when Diddy was on All the Making the.
Speaker 17: Bands Danny King.
Speaker 25: Yes, So she decided to sit down with Good Morning America and speak out and break her silence on troubling interactions that she says she had with Sean Diddy Combs.
Speaker 31: After staring on MTV's Pomp Through the reality show Making the Band three.
Speaker 34: The Day we Were Chosen and I was like, it's bad war for life.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 31: She says, what should have been a dream true quickly became something else, alleging Diddy created a verbally abusive work environment.
Speaker 7: I'm curious why you decided to speak up now.
Speaker 34: I would say that this moment now is a time where I feel like my experience, my truth, will really be heard and actually.
Speaker 6: Considered and.
Speaker 8: Believed.
Speaker 3: Did she say what happened?
Speaker 25: This was just a couple of minutes ago, right, yeah? So yeah, this is this is breaking right now. Let's sit down with Good Morning in America. So we do have another clip loading where she's going to go into more detail. But I think that for a lot of people, you know, just like when Cassie spoke out, or when Don Richard spoke out, it's just like, whoa, this is a person that was really close watched her be really close to him. Let's take a listen to this second clip where she goes more in detail.
Speaker 35: I see myself standing in those dark, scary, predatory spaces and hearing somebody say some of the most degrading things to me.
Speaker 2: How was it predatory?
Speaker 34: Somebody constantly treating you like a piece of meat, only seeing only valuing you for your sex appeal and in some of the environments you know it was it was even scary to be by yourself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is that because she's going she's gonna be on the on one of those documentaries, right, I think the Wood is gonna be on one of those.
Speaker 2: Not just the ID documentaries. Fall that's the name of it.
Speaker 17: Whatever it is for is it can't be.
Speaker 25: It can't work out well for him, a person sitting in jail right now and trying to claim his innocence, because even if this is just for a documentary, Uh, if I'm prosecution, I now want to reach out to her if I didn't already know to to have a conversation with her, because you know, this isn't the first time you've heard things like this.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 10: Y well, that is just with the mess all right. Now, let's get to the mix. I mean, congratulations to Philly. Let's start off with meat and meal, and it's the Breakfast Club. Go Morning out, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is the j n V Jess hilarious charlamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now, Salute to everybody now saluted Teddy Swims who stopped you earlier. Today is new project. I've tried everything, but therapy is out today.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, and y'all.
Speaker 8: People online talk about we need to get keep better and we need to keep people like Teddy Swims off the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Why we've always do it's done.
Speaker 7: We've always been a few people like that.
Speaker 8: And somebody, somebody posted the dumbest thing under the breakfast Club Instagram, they said with a.
Speaker 7: Country station interview Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the dumb squat, Like.
Speaker 4: What if our last album was country and it's charted dummy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly about my goodness.
Speaker 10: Well, saluted Teddy Swims Swim and also shout to and Lawrence for taking care of the team. I know a lot of us, a lot of y'all went to go see Martin this week and I know Laura went, a staff win, I know Charlamagne went. I was gonna go, but uh, the person I was trying to see didn't make it this weekend, so I decided to cancel my plans.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to be there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was in Atlantic City open weekend because my daughter had a cheerleading competition, So I went to go see Martin.
Speaker 7: I thought just was gonna be there to actually text you that I'm here. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't, you know.
Speaker 6: He was trying so like, oh, let me see if just going.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 4: Jess was never on The Atlantic City Show with Martin. I was supposed to be at the Barclays on Friday. Sorry, I said, I'm here waiting to see you, Like, wow.
Speaker 6: Why are you there? I'm home, yummy.
Speaker 8: Excluded everybody man in Atlantic City at Kelsey's. Man, Oh, I love Kelsey so much. The restaurant, yes, so restaurants, Oh my god, Kelsey's is so good. Kelsey's is great. They got the breakfast. Man, would I go there for breakfast? Heat? Never did it? To the dinner's great too, but man, they breakfast buffet, Oh my god, Cray the sweet potato.
Speaker 6: Waffle sounds like concentration.
Speaker 7: They got the sweet potato waffle, the red velvet waffle.
Speaker 2: That sounds good.
Speaker 6: I can't eat none of that stuff right now.
Speaker 3: Kelsey is great.
Speaker 2: To Kelsey, shout to Kelsey, all right when we come back.
Speaker 10: We got the positive notice the breakfast club the morning morning everybody is the j n V. Just hilarious. Charlamagne the God we are the breakfast club. You got a positive Chara.
Speaker 17: Hold hold yo we on TV.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, we on to No Charlamagne sent but I thought you yeah, texting to me and he he.
Speaker 6: Was like, this is your fault, Like, what's your.
Speaker 2: Deal?
Speaker 4: I thought it was a joke, yo, but we really stream on.
Speaker 3: That's what's up.
Speaker 6: That's what's up.
Speaker 2: Shout out. Just hit you you on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they said that. They I mean they hit me every day, like I.
Speaker 4: Said, always hit you somebody. Yeah, but now they see you and you too, y'all. All right, Well you got a positive note. I do the positive notice simply this, man. I want you to remember this on this Monday morning. The calmer you are, the clearer you think. Okay, let your decisions come from a place of peace, now from reaction.
Speaker 7: You reactionary mother. Eff was out there. Have a great day.
Speaker 3: That was a good one.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 3: Breakfast club bitches, you don't finish or y'all done.