Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Holy shit? Is this Lyle?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, so oh uh so my boyfriend just used a fake name. But we were calling just because we're seeing what you were doing right now. Wait, I'm gonna put the speaker. Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Uh? Actually?
Speaker 3: No? Can you?
Speaker 1: I like, I like it's hard to be on the speakerphone because then it's hard to for me to hear. But I want to talk to both of you. Well, don't worry, I'll I'll have my time. What's your boyfriend's name?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: She used the fake name? Okay, okay, okay, don't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't worry. I'll I'll have my time with Jarquavius. But for now I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, how are you doing, dude?
Speaker 3: I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: I've never talked to you on the phone.
Speaker 1: I'm do you. I'm actually doing great. I I don't say things like this to people unless if I meet them. But you have great energy, and I'm excited to talk to you. I could tell immediately if I'm excited to talk to someone if they have good energy. I feel like I actually I feel like I got good dar for that, and I'm oh, no, I'm getting good from you. You seem like a nice person. I'm excited to talk to you. I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a fake name for me. I think I will be I'll do Zelda.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite one?
Speaker 2: Uh? Twiy princess all the way.
Speaker 1: It's a good answer. That's a good answer.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't know I'm talking. I'm talking, okay, but he just said it. I said a twenty princess and.
Speaker 3: He said lame was the coolest in a racial couple.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't care. I'm Zelda.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your favorite?
Speaker 1: Zelda? Zelda? Tell you Arquavius to shut the funk up for just one second. I will talk to him. I want to talk to you first.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, did he get upset?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. Okay, I'm gonna go in the room. Okay. Wait, we're gonna talk separately. We're gonna do. I'm gonna do because he's yeah, okay, yeah, okay, okay, okay, now, okay, so we're gonna do separate. We're gonna do.
Speaker 1: I want, hold on, I want, I want, I want to talk to Arquavis. He's just I just need to talk to you first.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, No, he's a yapper. I want to talk to you for real quick. It's a real second because I know he's the star of the show and I'm.
Speaker 1: Not what hold on, wait, hold on, hold on. He's the star of the show and you're not. What the fun is that supposed to mean?
Speaker 2: It means like he can like go on for hours and hours and hours, and he's like such, that doesn't mean that, and I love him, and like he's so.
Speaker 1: Is this man holding you hostage in a basement? What is going on?
Speaker 2: No, he's he's he's in the other room. I'm in my room. Uh so I'm slimming doors from my room. I have the master bedroom. But he's in the other room and he's talking to our friend. But he's he's like just like the better part of me. But I'm asking you a question right now. I want to know what your favorite Zelda is.
Speaker 1: Hold On, there's so much going on beneath this. Okay, first of all, I what, dude, what's going He's the star of the show. By the way, Just by the way, Zelda. Just so that somebody who goes on and on and on and on and doesn't stop talking. Is not a good conversationalist.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, No, no.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Jark. Question because you said, because you said, because you said a bunch of things. You were like, Jarquavius is the star of the show. Jarquavis is better at this than I am, and you're just I don't why are you discounting yourself, Zelda. I told you at the beginning of this, I'm excited to talk to you. I haven't I'll have my time with Yarquavius. I'm excited to talk to you. I meant it so. I don't want you to be down on yourself. I don't want you to feel like Jarquavius. He'll have his moment, but this is yours, you know, like he's not.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, we'll have a moment right now. Okay, Yeah that's cool. Yeah I understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you're doing all right?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, he's chill. I'm just like, I just got super excited. I never talked to you on the phone. We've met in real life, but I just never talked to you on the phone, and I've always tried to and so now I'm like freaking out. And you did try to call me once and I missed the call, and I feel bad because I message you a bunch of time and I was like, you're gay if you don't call me back. Okay, I was.
Speaker 1: I was wondering why I've been gay lately.
Speaker 2: You're not gay. But I'll tell you the prompt that what I think that why you called me back is because I I don't know if you remember it, but it was like so long ago, I snuck a full bottle of whiskey into a convention, like for Comic Con, and I was so drunk and I didn't answer your phone call, but I knew it was you because it was from Philadelphia when you were still living there. And I was like, oh my god, that's a fucking therapy.
Speaker 1: I go wait, hold on, uh uh okay a whole. I have a lot of things to say about what you just said. First of all, I think I have a call for you called me. But then also you said the that I tried to call you once from a There's no way I would have called you from a Philadelphia phone number. I haven't lived in phil you, I haven't lived in Philadelphia in like six years. But also this phone number, it's not a Philadelphia any if you got a missed call from a Philadelphia phone number that was not me and I don't remember this.
Speaker 3: Wait, what are you crazy?
Speaker 2: Because it could have it could have had it had been you, that was me. No, because I okay, maybe then it wasn't because I was at Comic Con and I got a miss call and I messaged you.
Speaker 1: Can I say it was different? Can I say something real quick? Yes, We've been on the phone for about seven minutes now, Zelda Zela. We went on the phone for about seven minutes now. We've we've been in the past. We've been talking about Jarquavius, We've been talked about a lot of things. I still feel like I feel like I still haven't started having this conversation with you right now. Really I want to and I want to have this Do not do anything wrong, okay, but I want to start. I want to have this conversation with you because I feel like I'm I feel like I still don't know anything about you. First of all, don't you wish that they would port Twilight Princess to the Switch already?
Speaker 2: Do you not like Twilet Princess.
Speaker 1: Do I not like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't I? I love Twilet Princess. I love all the Zelda games. How did you meet jark Wavius?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: We met at my friend's party in a backyard, but he just kind of like passed against and he was like, oh you. He's like, oh hey, what's up? And then you've asked me for my Instagram and then it was fun. I even my Instagram.
Speaker 1: But you know, let's ye, how long have you been Darkoevia's been living together?
Speaker 2: We don't live together, but we've literally just had our six month anniversary and we've been chilling cool, Like I'm in love with him, so we're chilling.
Speaker 1: What do you love so much about Arquavius.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's like literally everything could ever dream of. He's got the personality, he's got like all your looks, and he's we like. I think my favorite thing about him is like we literally have like so much in common and like the same amount of humor and everything, and it's just like I can like just make a reference and he already knows it's fun.
Speaker 1: That is fun. What is your life like, Zelda?
Speaker 2: My life has been kind of weird. I think I'm just like kind of learning how to be in a relationship again and all that. But I think it's fine. But I think it's honestly like he's been helping that a lot too. And I think I've been in a lot of bad living spaces and I think I'm finally comfortable with a lot of shit. And oh, he's signaling that he wants to talk to you, but uh, hold on, give me one second. Look like he said he wants to listen.
Speaker 3: I want to listen to him.
Speaker 2: He said he wants to be real.
Speaker 1: Can I talk? Can I talk to us for like one second?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, he wants to talk to you. Remember you're Darquavius, I'm Elvis. Remember that.
Speaker 1: How listen Darkaves. I swear on my life unless if there are technical issues going on with the show, I will talk to you. I gotta get I gotta get I gotta I gotta get it. But but, but, but, Jarquavis, you gotta let Zelda have for a moment real quick. I gotta get in. I gotta get.
Speaker 3: To come back Zelda. Come back. Don't come back, come back. It's easy right now, Okay.
Speaker 1: I will talk to you Darquavius. I swear, Okay, there you go, baby Zelda. Oh, because you're relearning how to get into a relationship. Yes, what is how long were you single before you met Darquaviis?
Speaker 2: I think like two years honestly, okay?
Speaker 1: And were you in a long term relationship before then?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think my last relationship was like really really toxic. And close the door stop? I know, close, can you close the door? He's like getting concerned because it's sketchy, concerned about what. I don't know it now. My I just feel like my last relationship was like really like it was like fucked up because I think we actually did hate each other.
Speaker 1: Why did but with him? I so, why why do you think you hated each other?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because we like argued all the time and it was always like a I think to him it was like a competition. And I think that he hated that I had more friends than him and that I always had something to do and then like I was just like more popular than him.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So why did you guys?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: But I assume it didn't start out that way? Like how did it evolve into that? Like it must have started out well enough for you to enter the relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we're talking about my ex, right, Yeah, yeah, uh it kind of did. I just uh well, I mean it's like a long story, but I had moved back into a city where I grew up in and I I loved it, but uh, my X before that had gotten like really popular, and like I just felt like super kind of like oh yeah, like nothing really stood out to me because my ex before the X that I'm talking about right now, it just never really like felt like, oh, You're gonna be better than anything else that ever had. And it's like I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: Shit, hold on, let me try to word this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Before that, the X before that, you were like, oh I could do better. By the way, that's complete. If that's how you felt, that's completely valid, and that's I could do. It's a valid it's a totally valid feeling if that's how you felt.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's how my ex currently, I fucking hate his ass, and the X before that, it was like, yeah, in the time being, it was like, oh, this is the greatest person ever. He showed me this, he showed me this, he did this for me, and this for me. But it was like back then and I don't care. And then like my recent ex who I fucking hate, who made me feel like a piece of shit and like did all these things. I'm like, ah, so now I'm back to little zero. But Jarquavius is like literally the one person who was like, oh, this person didn't even like do half the ship that any of my exers ever did. There's just a person who makes me feel like one hundred, like so loved so everything. I don't even like like my past who I thought like I was in love with, like took me traveling everything. It's like he didn't take me traveling. He's just like is in person and I love him, And so I'm like, holy shit, I'm chilling. But that's why I'm chilling.
Speaker 1: Zelda, Zelda, let me talk to Tarquavius.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I don't know what he said to you in that time, but he is also really drunk, and I uh, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Do okay that wh you just said? Such a red flag? What is up? Dude?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I know, Zelda, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who is this? Like Jark waves? He won't let us be on the phone together. He's drunk and you're scared. You know what's going on with Ark Wavius.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, Dark Vis is fine. He's just like super like. He's like excited. He is excited. He's like and I know he's gonna ramble, but you guys, okay.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to Let me talk to Jarkuavius.
Speaker 2: I'll just talk to him, okay, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna make sure he's in the room alone.
Speaker 1: You can be there, You can be you can be there when I talked to Jarquavius.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Okay, you gotta keep it, keep the cigarette side.
Speaker 3: No, you gotta dude, who is this guy Jarquavius?
Speaker 2: So I can put you in a figret? Is it okay?
Speaker 1: You could just give it?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: You can just give a photo?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, remember that I'm Dark Cravius. But my dad told me that he named us white names so we can get jobs somedays. So I use Shark Cravius as the counterpart to that. But how do you how are you doing, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, Jarquavis? What's what are you doing right now?
Speaker 3: I am I just got off from working a shift as a cook by myself because everybody called out and it sucked and I got destroyed at my job. So I'm with my the love of my life that showed me have a smile again, and play Final Fantasy and Pokemon and just be myself and not get bullied anymore.
Speaker 1: Wow, would she show you how to smile again? Tell me about that?
Speaker 3: I am. I'm considered. Uh whether they some people say I'm a lotto or a white boy, or red bone or a yellow bone. I'm too black for the white, too white for the black. So is that the term? Is that what they say? Uh? But just be yourself, dude, It's okay to be yourself, but no, not to judge you. And this is the first person in my life that has ever showed me it's okay to be me. And so I smile more. I shaved more, and I iron my clothes more, and and I do more. And I don't just sit in my room and play PlayStation all the time anymore. I'm happy. Life is great. I used to hate life. The life is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Why were you getting bullied?
Speaker 3: So keeping it short? I was the military brad. We moved everywhere every month every other year. I was a kid that always ate lunch by themselves. So I had to learn how to adapt. I don't want to eat lunch by myself, so I have to figure out I look at people for like one minute. There's got to be one thing I could look at it somebody to say that we have one thing in common, so I don't have to eat lunch by myself. So I get bullied by my black homies, like you a white boy, you were skinny pants and listen to the Circus Survive and Anthony Green and fucking you know the Smiths, and you know you like wear iron made shirts and skinny pants and skater shoes. But then my white family or my Turkish family, because I'm on to you, so Turkish you're like, but you adapt to their white culture and this and that and da da da dah, or you're not us enough. So I get bullied by my family for not being enough. For both sides my parents divorced. They say, well, what's your daddy gets you? He ain't get you that, and the other side say this is, well, what's your mama gets you? Oh they ain't. They don't care about your little white boy, you little red skin, or hit your skin so much. Let's see if you turn dark enough and you hit your skin so much for the ruler. Shit like that just just bully mentality to make you. I guess it was to make me stronger. But it made me more emotional and made me want to lash on and love people more.
Speaker 1: How you been working as the cook?
Speaker 3: How am I working at the cook? Now?
Speaker 1: How long have you been working as the cook?
Speaker 3: I've been working there for eleven years. Wow, I'm like the epitome of what Anthi de Boordain preaches. It's like, you try, you cry, you live, and you give. That's all you got. You're gonna be okay. You cry, and you may be an attic to beer or crying and needing a hug, but it's going to get better someday.
Speaker 1: Damn. How you doing, Jarquavius?
Speaker 3: I cry a lot, but until I met this vessel of a No, no, you're not deil that you're a vessel. You're a vessel of greatness. You're my Pigmealion. I love Greek mythology, so you are the greatest statue are person that I have created in my brain that exists to me. I I missed my mom. Yeah, there's a story of Greek mythology. This dude like didn't have any like girls or anything. So he made a statue the best sculptor and he made the greatest statue his like a Renaissance woman and his vision, and he prayed to the gods and Afrodot. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna make that statue as you made in the image if your eye is the greatestman ever real. And as he was finishing that that statue, she came alive and said I love you. And he said, nobody ever said you love me, and wept to her feet. And I just want to be loved, that's all. And I met somebody that finally loved me and not fake. And and I'm not going to get emotional right now, but I'm happy. I'm emotional, and I'm not proud, but I'm trying my best, and uh, I'm trying. I just that name is so defiant. It's probably was a king in like Liberia or somewhere in days before our existence. But I thank you for giving me the grace of even speaking to me. And I pray and I wish that I don't bother you, but it's an honor to speak to you right now. Why would you?
Speaker 1: Why would you bother me, Jark. Why would you bother me, Jarvis?
Speaker 3: Because you have such an impact on the world, which you know where you don't know, But it matters because time is of the essence, and your time matters. I'm a literal aunt on this planet. I'm another cog in the wheel. And are you?
Speaker 1: Are you applying? Are you? You're not implying that yours does.
Speaker 3: Not You said what you're not implying? Are you?
Speaker 1: You're you're when you say, are you not applying to your time doesn't matter?
Speaker 3: Are you? I feel like I don't matter to many. Uh. I think that I exist and I'm there for people to either step walk over me or Honestly, I just feel like I'm the guy at my job that just makes everybody happy. I'm the I'm the goober that's like, yeah, no, no, no, you're you're right. I'm not not right, but continue what you're saying. I'm just the guy that everybody says, Oh, you make us happy because you're the guy that dancesn't it. But that's all I know is how to make people happy. It's all. Ain't happy. I ain't happy.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Well, but I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Here's the thing about like nihilism is like a it's truly a scale issue because I mean, think about the most impactful people on the planet. Like when you you there's there's an amount of time forward that you can go an amount of time back, an amount of you know, like time and space that you can go backwards to where like they don't matter at fucking all. And similarly, there's an amount of time there's like you you have to if you want to stop being a nihilist, you have to adjust the scale of time and space to fit where you matter.
Speaker 3: Is a nihilist the same as being a doomer for my understanding, for a lack of my better words, because when I talk to my sister, she says, you're a peanut gallery. She said, you're just a You're a goober. Mentally, you're a Homer Simpson. You're a SpongeBob. You care, you try, but you don't matter. You're just another person that makes us happy to insist.
Speaker 1: But you don't wait matter, well, yeah, but matter in matter in what context? Like do you do you matter in the grand scheme of the universe? It dwells, I mean yeah, I mean yes, yes, you actually yes, actually, hold hold on, fuck you jerk the waverers. I'm gonna argue that you matter in the grand scale of the universe. Okay, because right, because the grand scale of the universe is inclusive of of of every of you're included in the grand scale of the universe. You're a little brick in the grand scale of the universe, but you but every brick in the grand scale of the universe matters. It's like saying, you know, it's like saying, how many bricks can we take out of this building until it collapses? Or like does the does this brick matter? And also, by the way, like the grand scale the universe is stupid, Like when you get too nihilistic, it's because you're you don't want to live in the grand scale of the universe. It's go visits. Go and visit the grand scale of the universe. You're not gonna like what you see, but it's okay to return to the scale the scale of the universe of your relationship or your work or the person you're talking to in whatever moment, and then that matter.
Speaker 3: Does this matter? Does everything matter? At the end of the day, like we we live and we give and we cry and we try, but does at the end of this all when I have to, I'm so I try to disconnect with the world. I'll keep it quick. I watched this ship with Trump and doing all this and everything that doesn't matter. That means nothing to me, but it does mean sending to me because it's like, wait, evil prevails, but good doesn't. I have to pay backage do this, and you know, like like, at what point do we win the small like the working class, the people that tried, the people that that that that like when my mom tried to kill herself and I'm like calling her every day and she can't be at the hospital, second call every fucking day. I got a call her once a week because she's down with the mental war. What is what? What is this purpose? When my eyes closed? Is it going to be like a long dream or is it gonna be like just something somebody that says, oh, wait, hey there are the play goods. Hey I'm John the Bat or whoever with the book, Oh your story is crazy. You want to get into heaven?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 3: Like? What is this purpose? What is my purpose? So I be good and and people do me dirty, and I still got to keep being good? And and and I don't get it be good and still get shipped on.
Speaker 1: I just you're lit. You're when you start talking about you know, Trump and Jeffrey Epstein and the life after death and all this, you're you're living beyond the scale in which you can't.
Speaker 3: Like, like, when you look at what can I control? What do you control in your life? You control your life? Right, so how can I control my life? You can?
Speaker 1: You're in a given a relationship.
Speaker 3: It's a hop on trains. It's the hop on trains and go to hardcore shows to be a punk rock dude. And nobody cared about me. My parents didn't care. I met kids that said, hey, let's hop on trains and go to Portland, let's go to fun from from the fest in Gainesville, Florida to Richmond, Virginia and go see these fucking shitty hans hardcore. Like I don't mean a ramble, but I'm like, I gotta keep it real. Like that made me feel like I mattered. Okay, great, that really did it?
Speaker 1: Well? Hold on? What do you mean? And then it didn't.
Speaker 3: It didn't because now I'm not I hate the fact that I have to compare myself to when I look at people on the Instagram and they're like, Oh, we're going Tahiti and we're in fucking Dubai and that's it's lame as fund But what are you talking?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you? What do you talk?
Speaker 3: I want to be great. I want to make sure that I'm that I could take care of my dad and my like, I just want to be perfect. Actually in a grand scheme of things. I want to be perfect for everybody and myself. But I'm not and it hurts and it sucks.
Speaker 1: You want to be perfect, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Want to be perfect. Well, I want you to for everything I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You want me to what you for everything you're saying.
Speaker 3: Accept me for everything that I'm saying my truth, and understand me and feel me and say you know what. I don't care what you got to say, but you matter, dude, Like.
Speaker 1: Dude, hold on first, you you can't be perfect. That's impossible. Like, give that up immediately. You can't be perfect. That's insane, No one you can't. By that's good news. Because, by the way, let me tell you something, this is really good news.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: Hold on, dude, this is dark waves. It's really good news. You don't have to be okay. You want to be perfect and then you feel like you're not perfect and that's causing you pain. I will relieve you of your pain right now. You cannot be perfect. No one can be perfect. So it's impossible to fail at being perfect. It's like failing at like flying or something like. You can't physically do it. So so relieve yourself of this pain of trying to be something that's impossible to be. It's like if you said you wanted to transform into Sonic the Hedgehog, I'd be like, and you were. You were like fucking driving yourself crazy because you couldn't do a ring dash, you know, because you couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: You're the first person to ever tell me that. I thought that was my duty is a human When I see angel, when I spit on it and the ants go around the spit, they still got to perform their life their duty. I was like, so my duty is to be a perfect human, but when I spit on the ant, their duty is to be a perfect in it. But they go around that spit glob. But my magnifying glass, I I that this whatever, this life and this existence is it petrifies me. But for the one time in my life, I found somebody that loves me so much and that makes me be able to sleep at night and just just does everything is cool, It's it's easy. It's like water, like Brusley says, you know, I'm sorry to ramble, will cut you off. But what you just told me is I'm literally weeping right now, and I'm I don't I'm not embarrassed or shamed, but it's okay, Like it's okay, I'm glad, my heart's beating. Yeah, are you okay? Or how do you feel?
Speaker 1: Life petrifies me too? But with life, yeah, life petrifies me too, But that's because I'm doing every time. Life petrifies me. It's because I'm I'm living in a scale that I shouldn't be in.
Speaker 3: What does that mean for I have a Homer Simpson brain. You have a fucking Stephen Hawking like someone some Homer. No, you're like Palmer, You're like you know, you know who I look up to dial Hennes and he was, you know, like he's like to hold a light to a man's face is to see the truth. Like what what if you had to say this? If I could ask you one question to keep it quick. What is the definition of your life and your purpose? My friend?
Speaker 1: Uh, what's the definition of my life and my purpose? I mean, it evolves. It's something I think about all the time and again it evolves. But I I mean, I'm always figuring that out. I mean, I can give an answer this question. But like when I say, like, the scale of my life is like once I start thinking about like you know, once I start thinking about like, oh no, the inherent reality of life is suffering and all this, and then the other thing, I feel stupid because I look at other because because because look, if I've as a result of the conclusions that I've come to about existence, I'm I'm really no different than anyone or anything else. And I see like a sixty year old guy like eating a sandwich, and I'm like, well, he can do it. Why can't I do it? Why can't I? Just kind of why can't I? If other I literally I look around all the time and I see people out in the world who are successfully bearing the brunts of existing and I and they're no different than I am. So I'm like, Okay, if they can do it, I can do it.
Speaker 3: You know, no dipping than I am. No dipping than I am. No.
Speaker 1: I see a sixty five year old guy with like a baseball hat and he's like laughing and talking about something, and I'm like he's and I'm like, this guy's is like way closer to dying than I am and he's not freaking out? Why am I freaking out?
Speaker 3: How do you make it sound so simple for me to cry and talk to you about this like you have me. I'm literally weeping right now, but I understand that you you make it easy for my ears to comprehend. Like what doth life?
Speaker 1: What doth life?
Speaker 3: Dude? Like like just be good and just get it done and just live and die like that, Like I care so much about people and everything, But I said, people care about me. People don't give a damn about me. That for the love of my life. That it was like, dude, you matter, bro, like you madter. I know when you cry, I know when you get goosebumps. I know when you hear a song you love. I know when you're in a cigarette. I know when you hear this like ghost Mice or like you know, Defiance Ohio, these punk like you know folk punk, bands that make you feel the type of way they're doing the Morrissey cover like like it's okay, dude, Like and I got your back, and for the one time in my life I found someone like God, I'm not back, and I'm sorry for uh, like rambling and like I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry for just being like bothering and taking your time because you matter and so many people want to talk to you, but so many.
Speaker 1: Chuck Wavis, what do you talk? What are you talking about? Man?
Speaker 3: You can't How can you make me laughing at the same time? This is amazing?
Speaker 1: Do you talk? Dude? You dude? You and Zelda, you and Zelda I. You guys have this thing where you're like, dude, you guys, both of you guys, Mather, dude, both of you guys. Do you guys matter?
Speaker 3: I wish you could hear this because we're not a speaker, but most of you guys have.
Speaker 1: Both of you guys have this thing where it's like you're like, she was like, oh, I'm Jarquavis is the star of the show, and you have this thing where you're like, oh, I'm not. It's like, you guys, it's all right to you It's all right to exist, guys, It's all right to exist.
Speaker 3: Am I okay? Can I tell you that I thank you and I love you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Is that okay? It's all right dude. Sorry, Like I hope mat like I like, I want to me and my girl to be able to see grand out of the stakes come out. I want to, honestly, because I want to see the honesty. I love Greek mythology and my parents, my all, my hood cousin, and we'll be like, man, that's a white boy ship. Love Greek mythology. That ships so beautiful. That shit made me cry, h like I would. I wish I could see the Odyssey with you and hold your arm with my girl and just watch it. I'm serious. I'm so serious. And I found out guess what I found out two weeks ago. I went into a diabetic shock. I went to a diabetic shock, and my girls saved me. They'll just save my life. Take me to the fucking e er and they said, you're in diabetic shock. Your heart beat this song the Hegehog times Taine. So it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Basically, Oh, don't don't talk about them, fucking.
Speaker 3: Well. No, we talked about Sonic but then, okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, are you a big are you a Sonic fan?
Speaker 3: Oh? You said you're a big song okay? Bay said nerd out. I like Sonic.
Speaker 1: That's not nerding out saying I.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. But you know what I love more than Sonic Sonic is I used to get bullied for talking about Sonic? Are you kidding about? Okay? So, so when I was a kid, When I was a kid, when I was a kid, you ever got to ask Whooper for not beating a video game my stake of Gennison.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's not a comparison. I shouldn't ask that. That's such a shitty thing that they have you ever, No, I got my ass kicked for not beating okay is this? I got my ass kicked for not being signed with my brother. So song two came up my desk and I got this from the pawn shop. We're getting station to another place. We're leaving off at Air Force Face. We're going to another Air Force base. And if you if you can't be good on the football field and the soccer field, or do this or even play video games good, you're you're you're not good enough. I'll figure it out. So we got good at Sonic quick until we got to a Sonic two. We got to the end and we couldn't beat it, and we could never beat it. When you get the fucking yell like we could never do it, and he's just like never. I felt like he just was like, yeah, y'all, niggas ain't ship like until you beat fucking Man. Well no it's not Eggman, but any rich, we shouldn't go there. I'm so sorry, but did you say something about Final Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Who's your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog character?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I got it. Oh my god, Dave, I'm not a nerd am I I'm I gotta made fun of me, fucking made fun of you seriously, Like, okay, I love you, Okay, okay, hear me out, hear me out. I'm hearing egg Man first. Egg Man first. But Knuckles is my favorite character of all time because the character like not just your hair like me, but Knuckles did when I when we bought Phnic three, you see that cover the cover of the game, and you see that the three fingers with the faith. Who the fuck is we had Sonic one and two on Sega. We didn't. We weren't in kids. Oh no, we're talking about Sonic. You know Sonic I got I'd be hiding this ship from people. This is crazy that you just asked this. I hide the fact that I love Sonic and Final Fantasy and Pokemon for people.
Speaker 1: What's why? Why? What's wrong with.
Speaker 3: You get bullied? I'm a grown ass man.
Speaker 1: But I don't. How can I hold you?
Speaker 3: Uh, twenty seven or no? Not twenty seven thirty seven? I'm so sorry? Oh no, no, I'm so sorry, dude. I love Sorry, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Sorry, dude, I love I love fucking Super Mario and Nintendo. I'm I'm a fucking adult. I don't like.
Speaker 3: Why is it your peers that?
Speaker 1: No, it's why would I care?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Have you ever been bullied? Like you're so cool? Like I feel like that. I don't say that it's dismissive. It's just that you're so cool. That's extremely dismissive.
Speaker 1: But you said but you like I don't somewhere a lot, Equavius Someway, I can tell like you keep dude. I know this is like, uh, this is easier said than done. But this is like a mental conditioning thing where like I can tell that every time you say you you edit as you speak, like because you speak but you and I know it's like I know it takes a long time to unlearn it, but like I.
Speaker 3: I got because I don't know how to be.
Speaker 1: It's but like, dude, it probably it's okay. It just exists as you are. It's okay, it's okay, It's really okay.
Speaker 3: I just want to be low.
Speaker 1: Just exists.
Speaker 3: Are you loved? Can I ask you that? Are you loved?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 3: So? Why do you say you think so? You're amazing to me and to my love and to many people around the world. Well to say you think? Why do you think?
Speaker 1: I think? Well, I don't. I mainly go to line when I think about it, like if I'm loved, I mean I think about like I think about like my parents and my friends and stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, your parents, if I may ask, my parents love me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite holiday with your parents where you can hang out your parents for a holiday? Uh?
Speaker 1: Christmas?
Speaker 3: Me too. I wish I could watch the Griswall. What is it? Uh National Lampoon with my family and your family together.
Speaker 1: I'm so serious.
Speaker 3: I'm so when I say, I'm so serious, like, is there anything I can cross paths with you someday?
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm gonna have a dream later. I mean that would be so weird, like I'm gonna have a dream that like both of my that my entire family and your entire family are like watching a movie together. What movie did you say?
Speaker 3: The National Lampoons with Marty griswoll uh, Christmas Vacation? Or you think that sounds like, oh my god, what is your favorite movie?
Speaker 1: I need to know that sounds like something in this sounds.
Speaker 3: Like us either events fail or something.
Speaker 1: This sounds like an event that will take place in the back rooms for sure, you me, my my mom, and my dad who I don't know when the last time they were in a room together.
Speaker 3: But is there any way I could like message you to like like I'm extremely serious. You made I.
Speaker 1: Talked to you, I web, I web dark Wavy Joe, have to be very honest. I don't think there is. I don't believe it's one of the confines of reality that our entire family we'll get together and watch that. Never say never, but it might occur in a dream, Quavis, are you stilly?
Speaker 3: Dream is dream? A dream is a spects soum. But guess what, uh when I see when I told you I want to see the Oddity with you, it took ads is what fifteen and twenty years to get back home, and he still did it. Even he still did it. Matt Damon's playing Odysseus. Can we go see that? Can I help you do? A like? You have to go see the auditye of me? At least there's gotta be some way that the the universe together so we can see.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, Jock Uavis, I I have so many First of all, I have a lot of things to sit you. I cannot promise you that I will go see the Audio Odyssey with you, but I will say this, they are Joe Ravis, you just mentioned the universe bring us together. The universe has brought us together. I can't guarantee the future. I can't guarantee the about work together right there with this very moment, Sharkwavis, you're already.
Speaker 3: Thinking about new moments.
Speaker 1: The universe is put us together in this current moment, Dark Wavy, I'm yelling I should I'm.
Speaker 3: In a You're absolutely right, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like together in this very moment, Okay, so listen.
Speaker 3: I believe you're talking to me right now.
Speaker 1: I cannot promise you that. I can't promise if we'll see a movie later, but we can be in this exact moment together. I will promise you.
Speaker 3: You're you're like I love Greek mythology. You're like Hermie. You have the Hermies and Greek mythology. I'm gonna have to wear it all of your voice. You're so Hermez. You make anything easy. You're like, hey, yeah, You're You're swift, you have the gift, the gab, you have the honor.
Speaker 1: Of boy with the beard Hermes myth.
Speaker 3: No, we're gonna do a young Hermis. We're gonna do young Hermes with the toleria, which is the shoes at the wing. We're gonna wait.
Speaker 1: Hermes is an Olympic Olympian deity.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 1: Think he is the protector of human heralds, travelers, thieves, merchant.
Speaker 3: Travelers, thieves and gamblers and all that lives, all that voice, Charker, people that have the boys. Your voice changes the world. Do you realize you're a.
Speaker 1: Nice You're a nice You're you're you're a you're a sweet guy. Yes, you're a sweet guy.
Speaker 3: Are you My eyes are watering? Oh my god, I thank you, I thank you, thank you. I feel like I'm on Molly? What if? No? Wait wait wait wait wait?
Speaker 1: Are you on Molly right now?
Speaker 3: You sound like you're on Molly? What can I say? What I'm on right now? Can I tell you what I'm on right now?
Speaker 1: What do you want? Are you on Molly right now?
Speaker 3: You got to guess it ain't Molly. It ain't Molly, but it's white. It because of Columbia.
Speaker 1: You're cocaine right now?
Speaker 3: Uh uh, I keep it really, it is Jesuits, this bird rebirth, it's Jesus.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't I'm getting I haven't done a lot of a little.
Speaker 3: Cocaine, but I'm gonna cook. You don't understand this. I'm like the bear be working at kitchen, work, work, work with work and and I'm not saying say excuse, but it happened to be one of those nice but uh, emotions are there, and I gotta be honest, and I love and and I honor you, and I'm like, you know, I keep it keep it a being, keep it real, and I am you remind me of like a protagonist from Final Fantasy, like the main character. I am my damn, I'm from the Kingdom. Your your main character is you know in Final Fantasy there's a fog.
Speaker 1: That ky You're the there's no main character. You're the main character. There's the main character.
Speaker 3: I'll never be the main character.
Speaker 1: Make your such thing is the main character.
Speaker 3: You're the main character. You made me feel like the main character.
Speaker 1: I'm the main character in my own I Actually I don't know if I was gonna say I'm the main character in my own life, which actually I do think at this stage in my life that is true.
Speaker 3: Actually, what is the purpose of yours? I want to know everything about you? I want to know what you want to have right now? Do you want to Corvette with a pigot fin like?
Speaker 1: You want to know what I want? You want to know what I want to I want to know what You want to know what I want. You want to know what I want to have right now?
Speaker 3: I want to know this right now, so passionately, while I'm crying and tears are rolling down my face like fo is gonna.
Speaker 1: I will tell you what I want to have right now. I want to have a life that feels really liked.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I want to have a life that feels light yet also I want to have a life that feels light but also quite full and productive. I would like to have a life that feels light yet full and productive. I don't know if that's I'm I'm I've talked about this on the other packet. I'm so close.
Speaker 3: To that.
Speaker 1: I always feel I'm so close, but I also feel like I'm so far.
Speaker 3: But I'm also wait, you don't understand, my idiot. You said light, But what is when you say light? Do you just want to be away from she or not? I mean, like like you go to be let alone and no, I.
Speaker 1: Said, well, I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't feel particularly a loan these days. But by light, I mean like, I don't know, life like there's a lot of aspects of life that feel like heavy, and it like feel like a great way. You ever feel like, I mean you you ever feel like a great weight of something? You just feel like life has a lot of weight.
Speaker 3: You're like every day every day? Yeah every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, yeah, every day.
Speaker 3: And so but do you fear something? When you say that, it makes me get It gives me the impression for my little p Homer Simpton brain. That's a little peanut, and I hear that for like of my better words. It's like, you're so great to me in mine, in mine, but I M you have fears, you have sadness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Why why? Yeah, think about this. The reason I answered that not to be disrespectful. I don't care why is because it's so disrecessful to say. I believe in my brain that you've you've made it, or you're you made it to a point where you can cultivate greatness and cultivated and cultivated and grow and grow. You've found a formula on the platform where it's appropriate and and and and rightful and honest. You know what I mean. It's it's it's yours, you know, like Brad Pitt said on Troy, it's yours. Take it seriously.
Speaker 1: I know, I seriously. I have a response to that. I see you're saying. And by the way that ship has been like what you're what you're talking about has been enormously helpful. I was never it's been enormously helpful, but it's hasn't infinitely solved all of my problems or like gotten me away from the things that feel heavy about my life?
Speaker 3: What am I allowed to ask what's heavy about your life? Like? I don't. I don't have the honor and you know what, I don't. It's disrespectful for me to even ask that, Manahad and take my head off to you. What makes you? That's not right? What is your biggest And I'd say this, I think that'll make me understand you what you're saying your biggest biggest My biggest fear is being in the middle of the ocean, in the middle of the night, or in space floating. Those are my biggest fears.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and can I take yours? That sounds horrifying and that's the most horrified thing I can think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine being in the middle of the ocean. You're in the Atlantic Ocean, the middle of the night, just floating. Is a mermaid going to come touched by feet? I don't even know if mermaids exist, But who's the say they don't? Is it like it's the unknown? My dad and them say this. So imagine having a parent that prays to the east, which is Mecca, and another parent that is a southern Baptist, cameourine playing soul, shooting, snake holding kojik Christian, you know what I mean. So to see them debate what existence of the end is makes you wonder. So it's like, wait, y'all love each other, but y'all hate each oldren debate about this, And I'm a kid, I'm like, damn, so wait, what is real? What your God is not your God? And your existence not your existence? So what do I do? And I get fucked with and bully and in the midst of all that, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, Joe, I really enjoyed talking to you.
Speaker 4: I hope that this this is an amazingly amazing conversation to have your your and in your your space and everything.
Speaker 3: But I hope to see the Odyssey with you or some movie with you. Seriously, when we cross pads, we crossed paths, We're gonna hop on a train, We're gonna go to Portland from somewhere to somewhere from Phoenix is somewhere, and we're gonna be trade punts together. I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm rooting for I'm rooting for.
Speaker 2: Joe. Covis is chilling. I'm going to say bye to you too, because I.
Speaker 3: Really love you.
Speaker 2: And I'm very glad you got to talk to him. Like I said, he he's crying right now, but I'm very glad you got to talk to him, and I think he needed that actually, and I'm very grateful that you've got all that out out of him.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's not very I appreciate Yeah, I appreciate you, guy. This is sweet. This is nice. This is nice.
Speaker 2: Were any of the names in cities that we've mentioned. Yeah, but I've met you and I've you know, I talked to you and we're gonna see you on tour.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Oh my god. If I all right, I'm excited. I will remember. I don't remember names, but I will remember Jarquavias.
Speaker 2: Well okay, yeah, I will remember it.
Speaker 1: This is actually, this is the this is the rare phone call where if someone came like okay, So sometimes like someone will call me and be like, I'm Nick, do you remember me? And I'm like no, But they'll be like, I remember me. We talked about this or whatever, and I'll remember. But this is the kind of thing where if you this is the kind of thing where if if Arquavius comes up to me and says, I was on a lot of drugs and crying and we talked. I'm gonna be like, I actually don't remember that conversation. We had a lot of those. But if he says to me, I'm Jarquavius, I'll be like, I totally remember. So it's the reverse of that situation.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I definitely know that.
Speaker 1: I feel like talking to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, take care of take care take care of this young man. All right, take care of this young man, and let let this young man take take care of yourself. Take care of yourself, take care of yourself. Forgot.
Speaker 2: I just want to let you know that I love you and I listened to you every and I have your plushy.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks man, Thank you, guys, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: You guys have will be seeing you. Yeah, thank you for the talk, and you will be at the show.
Speaker 1: Cooled to meet you, guys.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously you know what city. But if you could blur out our names and I'm pretty sure he said his real name and one of the things.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well we'll keep Zelda in Jarquavius.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: All right, love you dog, I appreciate you. We listen all the time. I listened all the time anyway, But thank you guys. Thanks, good night, love you, good night, good forever bye.
Speaker 1: That really felt like I was on Molly for the past hour. Okay, that was give it up for Jarquavius. Give it up for Jarquavius, give it up for for Zelda. Jarquavis really kind of came in mythologized biggest. For the first twenty minutes, we only heard murmurs of Jarquavius. We didn't we heard descriptions of Arquavius. We didn't really get to meet Jarquavius. And then we met Arquavius, talk to him for about forty minutes, and we learned so much from Jarquavius. We connected with Jarquavius, We saw some of ourselves in Jarquavius, and it was it was a wild ride. It was a wild ride. Thank you again, Jarquavius, Thank you again.
Speaker 3: Zelda.
Speaker 1: Hey, folks, welcome back to the podcast. It's me. It's Lyle the Gecko guy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: That was a very that was an interesting call. That was an intense call. That was an enjoyable call. I'm curious what you guys thought of that call. Let me know in the comments or read the comments. Shouldn't read the comments. It's not good to read the comments.
Speaker 3: If you have.
Speaker 1: Anything that you do on the internet, or rather, if you just live your life, you shouldn't read the comments. You should just live your life. But I do it anyway because I have ADHD and I need hits of dopamine at all times. And when I see that there's a comment on something, I get a little thing and I read the comment, and then that takes me into another thought loop spiral thing. It's a whole thing. Whatever read make a comment. I like comments. I'll read comments. I don't caay, even if it's a bad even if you hate me, and that's the comment, I still want to read it. I'm still curious. But I shouldn't be. I should just live my life. Okay. Anyway, I'm here because I'm gonna do gek mail. I'm gonna end the episode by reading just a couple of viewer mail things. And if you want to send a viewer mail to possibly be read at some point, you can send one to therapy Gecko mail at gmail dot com. If you sent one, already. Like if you sent one like four months ago and I still haven't read it, send it again. Let's see what happens. But anyway, let's read a couple of GAK mails to send us home. Huh. This is from Chris, subject line starting a bay Blade community in my city. Gek. One of the greatest lessons I've learned from your podcast is if you want something, you have to go out and get it nice. It's this lesson that pushed me to contact a local game store to see if I can organize a bay Blade tournament. I just want to thank you for pushing me to come out of my comfort zone and to let everyone who liked Bayblade as a kid know that it's back and better than ever.
Speaker 3: GEK.
Speaker 1: Bless Chris. He sent me a photo of himself with a tattoo. Oh, I wish Chris this email. Are you giving me blue balls with this email? I want more information about this this bay Blade tournament. Do you do the Bayblade tournament or do you just chaut about it? Send me another email, Chris, I want give me pictures of the bab Bade tournament. Tell me who won, give me give me some more information on this Chris, I want I want to hear more about this Baybally tournament. That sounds awesome. I used to love bayb Blades when I was a kid, and I apparently they are back. That's the thing is, like the people are getting so existential about the fate of the world that we're all regressing back to our childlike states and getting really into things like Bayblade, which I think is kind of sick.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: All right, This is from Alicia, subject line scared to live in a school bus. Hi Lyle, me and my husband are about to step way out of our comfort zone and enter a new life of adventure that we've always dreamed of. We're doing this by renovating a full sized school bus to live in and leaving behind the island that we both grew up on to travel the country. It's exciting and awesome, but it's starting to scare us. We haven't finished the bus yet and it will still take another year or so to do, but it's gonna cost us at least eighty thousand Canadian dollars, probably more like one hundred thousand. We also just had our first child, and it's beginning to set in that we will be removing him from the community that we've built and moving away from both of our families to live a life of uncertainty and be broke. Lol. But we're doing it. I wanted to email this to you because I thought you would appreciate that we are taking the leap and getting out there in the universe. We also need all the encouragement that we can get, because somedays we get so incredibly nervous and worried about the insecurity and potential danger that is out there in the great unknown, especially the closer we get to making it happen. Thanks for reading this. If you do, maybe I'll update you someday on how it goes. U uh Okay, I have thoughts about this. My automatic thought is, by the way, I don't know. I appreciate that people are sending me emails saying that they're getting encouraged by the show. I'm glad that the show has encouraged people to do things. But I do think that it's good to go. I like being cautiously optimistic, right, So listen, you just had a kid, so like that is a huge financial commitment. It's also kind of a thing where like, I mean, look, I'm not one to tell anyone how to raise their kid. I feel like me personally, I'd like if I had a kid at least like I mean, at least at a certain point in their lives. I think a kid kind of needs like a stable environment and a stable community to be a part of. Like you know, I would have fucking hated like like I don't know, Like it's one thing, like to move I don't know how old your kid is. It's one thing to like move around kindergartens or whatever. If as long as your kid is like there on the first day of first grade until fifth grade, and then you know, maybe they'll make friends. Everyone's gonna go to the same middle school. Like you know, you want to create a stable environment for your kid. But if this is something where it's like, we have a kid, and we know that doing this school bus thing is not going to financially bankrupt us from taking care of our child, and we also know that like we'll hang out and like dick around for like a year, we'll still be able to take care of our kid this, that and the other thing. Then okay, but let me but I don't I don't know, I mean, live your life. I think if you didn't, if you didn't have a kid, this would be a lot easier, I would say, But like, okay, you're spending eighty thousand Canadian dollars? What is that? What is that in real money? USDTA can't cad. Let's see, that's about fifty seven thousand dollars. So basically that's the amount of money it would cost for you to like put a payment down on like an actual house. No, I'm gonna totally honest, I don't I don't think I fully I don't think I fully sign off on this. I don't think I fully sign off on this, because if you're gonna have a kid, like it's one thing to like be fucking like broke and like dick around. It's just you. But like, if you have a kid, you want to kinda have savings and make sure that the kids in a stable environment and stuff. So I don't know if this is a good idea. I'm not saying that. Also, like what I have to be honest, at least a lot of this stuff doesn't make sense to me, right, Like okay, you wanna okay, A lot of this stuff doesn't make sense to me. For a lot of reasons. I mean whatever, you already started building the bus, so none of this matters. But these are just my thoughts. If you have never left your hometown, you can do it for less than sixty thousand dollars, right, like go on a vacation, rent a bus, move to a different city. But like, I don't know, I don't know about spending all sixty grand on the bus. I mean maybe this, right, Let's say your kid is like fuck it, all right, all right, how about this. Here's what I'm thinking. How about this. Your kid is like, if he's less than one years old, when does he start like kindergarten? How holds it? Holds a kid? And when he starts?
Speaker 3: Hold?
Speaker 1: When do kids start kindergarten?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Take the kid to fuck around the country for five years, but then when it's time for kindergarten, like he's got to be in a real place, you know, and also make sure that you can feed the kid, like I don't I I'm all for I'm for full sending it on certain things, but that's a lot of money to throw into this bus. I just hope you thought about I just hope you thought about the decision before you did it. You know, I want to clarify, I'm four taking leaps and getting out there, but I don't think I'm not. I'm not automatic. I'm automatically for taking a leap and getting out there that doesn't cost sixty thousand dollars. We are very nervous about the insecurity and potential danger that is out there in the great unknown. Yeah. I don't know. I don't know if this is the best financial decision or best family decision, but it could be. I mean, I mean whatever, you have the bus, so you already did it, so you're doing it. I hope it works out. I mean, you can always sell the bus if it doesn't work out. Yeah, whatever, you can sell the bus if it doesn't work out. Sorry, this is probably not the response to this email that you wanted, but this is these are my gut feelings about this decision. Whatever, It'll probably work out. You guys, listen. If anything, a great Instagram page is going to come out of this, and that's what really matters. At the end of the day, We're gonna get a great Instagram page of you and your husband and your kid, and like a bunch of you can you can put sponsored links to like fairy lights and stuff. That's all that matters. Good luck, Alicia. Let me know how it goes. Message me again in five years and let me know if it worked out. I am curious. Okay, this is from I feel so bad. I know. I know that woman's gonna read this or listen to this, and this won't. It's not the response she wanted, but those were my gut feelings. Okay, this is from Sam. We'll read one more thoughts After my first big solo trip. Hey, Gek, you can call me Sam. I'm a twenty two year old college student who just solo backpacked around southern Spain. Before the trip, I was nervous to go. It felt like a big experiment. This was not my first time abroad, but the whole idea of being alone for two weeks gave my fears of feeling lonely, and Isola gave me fears of feeling lonely and isolated. But I was wrong. I quickly learned that solo traveling in hostiles is the easiest way to be introduced to new waves of interesting people. It's so easy to start up a conversation and learn about a fellow traveler. I'm writing this email to convince anyone in the audience to try solo traveling in hostels. I like to think listeners of Therapy Gecko are inherently interested in other people, and I personally loved wandering around beautiful Spanish cities during the day and hearing people's life experiences at night. That's all I'll see everyone around the universe. Thank you, Sam. Okay, See, this is an example of a full send that I completely I'm on board with. Listen, you can stay in a hostel for like you know, less than twenty bucks in a lot of places in the world. I'm all for a twenty dollars full send. I'm less for a sixty thousand dollars full cent. But I like where Sam is coming from on this. I think, yeah, well that's that's how that's kind of how I first got in. I mean, my my whole thing of the Gecko is, like, you know, running around and connecting with people, and a lot of that really first started for me when I was about a little younger than Sam, doing solo backpacking shit and staying in hostels and talking to people. So I think that's a great way to way to connect with other folks. You know, I'm totally on full sending getting over fears of being lonely. And also you shouldn't even be afraid of it, like like when you do solo traveling, like being lonely is part of it. I try not to do. Like when I was younger, I really liked solo traveling. I'm kind of I'm a little over it now, but I'm happy I had those experiences because they made me. I feel like they had a good impact on my life. They're definitely part of what made me like interested in like exploring the world and connecting with people and stuff. So I'm with you, Sam, I'm glad that you had had a good experience doing that. I highly recommend if you have the means to to do a little solo hostile travel. Okay, should we do one more? Should we do one more? Okay? This is from subject line finding Connection in the Mundane. Hey, Lyle, I got tickets for your show in Vancouver and I'm excited to see it. If you read this on the pod, please call me Jamie. Oh fuck yeah, thanks for coming to the show in Vancouver. I'm excited for that. That'll be in what June, I think that'll be sick.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Lately, I've been on a mental health kick. Finally, at twenty six years old, I'm a accepting that maybe I didn't have a great childhood and certain events have had a larger impact on me than I originally thought. Between my therapist and your podcast, I'm glad to learn I am not alone in my struggles and things will improve with time and effort. Fuck you. Loneliness seems to be a big problem for a lot of people, myself included. Connecting with other real humans can be hard sometimes, but you can find little bits of human connection in the day to day if you keep your head up. You don't even need to speak to have a connection. I have an example from earlier today. I planned to spend most of today inside my apartment cleaning alone. I was feeling sad thinking about being alone all day while walking down the eleventh floors the eleventh floors of my apartment on my way to throw out some trash. When I got to the ground floor, I saw another guy also holding a bag of trash. We were both wearing flip flops with no socks, cozy pants, jacket over a T shirt, and a baseball cat. In this moment, I felt a little less alone, and I smiled. Maybe later I'll take a walk to the grocery store and talk to the cashier about the weather. Get bless, Jamie, Thank you, Jamie. I've I'm not going to go on to whatever. Maybe I'll go on a rount. But you know, I used to be really really lonely too. If you want to if you want, there's I was so lonely that Vice made a documentary about how lonely I was. If you want to go it's if I was thinking about that the other day. Yeah, if you want to go on YouTube and search therapy, get go Vice. They made a video about me, and it's just it's a lot of it's just me talking about how lonely I am. That was That was a few years ago, and things have changed because I've gotten better at figuring out how to like be part of a greater community. It's the I don't shut up about it on here because I just feel like it's it's a problem that a lot of people have that I just feel like I've experienced and like I have found an answer to, because like I don't know, you should you should try to find the connection in like your day to day life. But you should have you should have some kind of like rock solid core foundation of community or like other people who are like recurringly in your life. And there's a lot of different ways to do that by you know, joining some of the scenes or communities that exist wherever you are. So I hope you're able to do that, Jamie, in addition to making eye contact with the other people who are throwing out the trash, I think that was a decent gek mail. I hope. I hope it was. I hope the person who's renting, who's buying that bus figures that out. I hope they're going to be Okay. Let me know what you guys think about the bus and the comments. Let me know about Just write stuff in the comments. I'll read it. I want to know what people think about the bus and the comments. I want to know what people think about all the emails, all the callers, all the everything. That's what the comments section is for. That's it for the podcast, folks. Please go to therapy geckotour dot com. I'm coming all over the place. I would love to see you guys at these shows. Go to Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever if you want to get ad free episodes of the podcast and get bonus episodes of the podcast. I'm still working on my travel documentaries. I'm gonna keep making them all year. I've been having some hiccups, I'm do. I'm like so close to having a well oiled system of getting everything out there. But my Ukraine video hopefully will be out by the end of the month, and then I'm working on some videos here in Japan. I'm thinking about going to some Maali land. Does anyone know anything about Somali Land? I don't really want to go to Somalia small like a lot of the point of these video, not like the point of all the videos, but like with the Iraq thing, it was like going to a place and being like, hey, there's like cool stuff here. With Somalia, I feel like it would be No, this place is adequately as danger as people say it would be. But Somali Land, I heard, is like a different kind of place. So I don't know. If anyone knows anything about Somali Land, let me know. That's That's how I'm gonna end this podcast. Uh okay, thank you, guys, get bless see you next time.
Speaker 3: Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night, goes to his ride.
Speaker 1: He's teaching you Cloud.
Speaker 3: In the Memorial Life, Money's not really an expert.