Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, Welcome to the Buck Brief. Mark Simon, mister New York, joins us once again. He is the host of the Mark Simon's Show Marx Simone Podcast seven to ten wo r N y see dominating the New York City ratings.
Speaker 3: Doing quite well.
Speaker 2: Mark, Always great to have you, perfect topic for you, walk me through. I know the basics and a lot of the audience will have heard some of the basics of the Adams situation. But I mean, let's start with this. How bad is it as you see it? You know, I'm hearing a lot of different things from people. The mayor of New York federal indictment is he Is he in big trouble or is he going to be able to figure out a way to fight this?
Speaker 1: No, he's in huge trouble. On a scale of one to ten, this is like Dave Portnoy would give this a nine point two. This is big, big trouble. This is not going to go well. All kinds of corruption now, yuh, taking free trips, free hotel rooms. That might not sound like the worst thing to a lot of people, but it's totally illegal donations from foreign countries, which is illegal. They were then disguised through straw donors laundered that's illegal. Then apparently he tampered with emails documents to cover all that up. That's illegal. So they got him on endless charges here, and they've also gone after a whole bunch of people in city Hall. Somebody's gonna decide to talk and be the rat. So he's got real problems.
Speaker 2: So like what happened, for example, with the police commissioner, right, I mean he just got he resigned and he's on investigation. Aren't there There's a whole constellation of senior New York City officials who are either on investigation just resigned under pressure. Are they all we think, involved in the same same situation, same stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well all these commissions. Now, the funniest thing is the police commissioner, it's totally separate. That's his own problem. That's him and his brother, if the allegations are true, shaking down nightclub owners, taking in tons of money. But that police commissioner a few years ago was Eric Adams, driver and a lot of people wondered why he was suddenly the PC that had something to do with it. So, if all these allegations are true, the corruption with Adams, he brought with him a whole gang of guys that are very questionable and put them into various offices. He's got big deputy commissioners whose phones have been seized there under investigation. And from what I hear, this is gonna spread very wide, not just through the city, but this could reach the state, This could reach Albany, and there could be a lot of names tied into this.
Speaker 2: Now you've got very good sources in New York mark and in city government. I mean, have you seen this one coming for a while, and at this scale with Adams? I mean I've heard whispers of Adams's Adams grupt, But you know the Blasio was a communist, right, I mean, people say these things about people that don't like in office. I didn't have any particular visibility into whatever Adams was doing. Was this a surprise to you when this came out or did you know, Oh, it's just a matter of time. And why do you think it came out?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want to take credit but I told everybody vote for Courteously. He was running against Adams. There was always always these corruption rumors about Eric Adams. He left the police department on very bad terms. He was under investigation, it was going to a departmental trial. He was going to get convicted, but he quit first before he got convicted. And most of that police department years, I believe he was in personnel. That's an area you go into where you have a lot of influence. You can move people from precinct to precinct. So he didn't do a lot of actual on the street police work. And as far as the timing of this, I know he says it was all Joe Biden, and that could be a factor. It all began when he went after Joe Biden for the migrants. He started speaking out. He was on his way to Washington to confront Biden and they stopped him at the airport and took his devices. This is about seven months ago, So he could be right that it's the Justice Department, you know, him being a target, but he may also happen to be very guilty at the same time.
Speaker 2: My sense, Mark I'll put this to you is and look, I'm open to persuasion either way on this one. But among Democrats, you can kind of be a made guy, right Like Hunter Biden was a made guy.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 2: He's doing all kinds of crazy stuff and knew he was going to get away with it because Daddy was so important and so connected. And I think Adams may have been a made guy Mayor of New York City, black guy Democrat. I mean, you know, there's a lot that I think the Democrat Party generally would have backed him, you know, would have been willing to back him up and from the very high level. But once he went at Joe Biden, I feel like he's not a made guy anymore. So then the corruption that he has. I don't think he's innocent, but the corruption he's engaged and all of a sudden, do you see what I'm saying, It's like they pull away the the invulnerability cloak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the same thing with Menendez. When he started criticizing Joe Biden, that's when the investigation started. So I'm sure it was a weaponized dj combined with the fact that you're looking for dirt on him. It didn't take too long to find stuff. By the way, the timing of this. They've been doing this for eight months. Why all of a sudden the announcement last night about nine o'clock, Why that's when the Kamala Harris interview has taking place. They released it just at the interview, maybe because they knew it would stink, and they wanted to distract from the interview, and they didn't want much coverage after the interview ended, because then this dominated the news.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think that's an excellent point because I'm just thinking of myself, Mark. I was there on the couch watching the the kam Kamala.
Speaker 3: Interview, and it was it was we'll get to this in a second.
Speaker 2: It was preposterous, like it was as bad, every bit as bad as every one on the right said it was going to be. But then all of a sudden, my phone's blown up. Oh look at this, Adams, Adams, Adams. The timing is uncanny, And I think that's a very very important point. Let's get into the interview from Kamala Harris here in just a second. The first step from our sponsor, Stansbury Research. I've known stands of Research for a decade and they produce incredibly insightful, valuable financial research. And they've just produced a new report about how across America strange so called accidents are happening. We've seen reports of nine onh one call centers going offline, reports of a plane falling apart mid flight. One of the big reveals the number of train accidents last year, some forty seven hundred in all. Why is all this happening? Well, learn why so many big accidents are taking place in America and where and when the next big accident is most likely to occur. Could affect you big time, especially if you have money in the bank or in the stock market. Go to America disaster dot com for the full store where you're not going to see this anywhere else. That's America disaster dot com. Speaking of disasters, Mark So Stephanie Rule goes on Bill marshow says Kamala shouldn't have to answer any questions to the press. Really, and then a few days later she sits down as the person that's asking the tough questions of Kamala.
Speaker 3: I who thought this was a good idea?
Speaker 1: Well, I was reading the New York Times review of this interview. Even they admitted it was just ridiculous. It was just a fluffy nonsense. You know, when she started talking about housing, we need a holistic approach to housing. It's got to be holistic. What interviewer wouldn't say, what does that mean? You got to be so corrupt to not even ask what she's talking about? Tell? And she used that word seven times and still Stephanie Rule never asked her what holistic housing is. And that's just one example of a ridiculous softball interview. You can go on mister Rogers and have a tougher interview than that. It was just awful.
Speaker 2: And I think that it's interesting that when we complain, I think rightfully that Kamala isn't doing any interviews every time she does when we go, well, we all know why she's not doing interviews. She's not compelling at all. How confident are you feeling right now about Trump's chances going to this election?
Speaker 1: Very? Very If the election were right now, he wins, He wins big in all the swing states. We still got thirty nine days to go, so that's right now. Anything can happen. Coming up Tuesdays, the debate with Vance and Waltz. Whatever you think of Vance, he's a great talk, a great debater. He'll just I think, wipe out Waltz. That'll help. I bet there's another Trump interview. He says, absolutely not, but that's just him negotiating. There'll be another debate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're certainly right about the Walls vance showdown.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I think Trump is ahead right now. I think the Kamala team knows it. And if Trump just if it just sort of stays focused and stays on track from here election day, I think we're going to have a very good result. I'm wondering in New York, are there any congressional races that you're seeing where we could get some upset where a Republican takes a seat that Democrats were counting on, or you know, what are the races in New York that you're watching closely.
Speaker 1: Well, looks good. There was Esposito. We were counting on this guy, Republican to hold that seat. But they've come up with a girlfriend on the payroll, the wife on the payroll, girlfriend, no show job. It looks bad. But I don't know why he doesn't do this. He should point out that's how Kamala got started. Kamala was the girlfriend on the Willie Brown gravy train there, so he should point that out. And I don't know the term about ethics investigation. I don't know if a lot of congress people want to push that because they love to stick people on the payroll, so they might let that one go. So that's an important race.
Speaker 2: That's an important absolutely. And who do you think do you think Adams is going to resign? I meant to ask you this when we're talking about Adams. You you think he's not going to make it through his term.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not going to resign. He doesn't want to resign. He needs to raise money for a defense fund. As long as you're the mayor, the owners will give you money. You can always do little favors for them. So he'll hang in there as long as he can.
Speaker 3: Tell me this. Who do you think the next mayor of New York's going to be?
Speaker 1: Well, if he goes, the public Advocate takes over, there has to be a special election within eighty days. Every Democrat will jump in. There's the controller, Scott Stringer, there's this Brad Landers, the controller, former controller Scott Stringer. All these old Democrats will jump in. Christine Quinn. Andrew Cuomo is circling around like a vulture, and we'd love to see Curtis sliwa. He'd be good if there's a special runoff election. There's no party labels, it's nonpartisan. So Curtis had a problem last time being labeled a Republican. A lot of New Yorkers just won't vote for a Republican. But in this race he would not have any party label, which would give him a much better shot.
Speaker 3: Interesting, does Andrew Cuomo have a real shot? You think, I mean, just being honest about it, you think he could he could pull this off.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got all the name recognition, great talking. Yeah, he's got a great cheff for about two days until they start running the commercials. He's the guy that signed the no Bail, no Jail and held a press conference saying this is much needed reform, this will be great. He's the guy that personally brought back congestion pricing, pushed it through. He's the guy that picked Kathy Hochel, who's not a great governor. Of course, the nursing home that so much stuff against him.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's come in here in a second, talk about Trump's security going forward. You know, I just spoke to Senator Rampaul, who's the ranking Republican on the Homeland Security Commission, about this with the Secret Service foul ups we can call them. We'll get to this in just a second. Hey, you've got to check out personal protection and Saber is the absolute best in class. So many products from Saber out there. The pepper spray is phenomenal. I also like the pepper ball launcher that they have. You train the pepper launcher. I've been out the range with it.
Speaker 3: You fire, it.
Speaker 2: Creates a six foot irritant cloud. Saber makes the number one made in the USA pepper spray brand. Look online at the Saber Pepper Projectile Launcher for yourself less lethal, fastloading, no recoil solution deliver powerful stopping power up to one hundred and seventy five feet. Protect yourself and your family with Sabers full range of defense brays, home security tools, and exclusive launcher bundles. Visit Saber radio dot com. That's s A B R E saberradio dot com. Or call eight four four A two four safe. That's eight four four eight two four safe. All right now? Mark true assassination attempts on President Trump. Secret Service looks horrible in the first one, not a whole lot better in the second one. They didn't sweep the perimeter. They didn't give them the proper security there either. They're saying now they've escalated it, so Trump is now treated like a presidential you know, presidential level security, which obviously he should have been all along.
Speaker 3: Do you feel better about this? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Well, I saw it with my own eyes. He was here last week. I was at Trump Tower, his presidential level security, the big dump trucks of sand all around the building, everything, every kind of protection you could have. So hopefully he's got that wherever he is. Problem with the Secret Service, obviously we wonder about Joe Biden and majorcus if they're I don't know what motivation they have for not giving them full security, but who knows. Secret Service half of their resources goes to looking for counterfeiting, fighting counterfeitters, fighting financial fraud. That should all be moved to the FBI. Secret Service should just focus on protection. That would free up half of their agents. That's what they should do. Besides more funding, get all those other tasks to the FBI. And out of the Secret Service.
Speaker 3: How is it possible that? Wow?
Speaker 2: I guess we know it's possible, but it is remarkable to me. Nonetheless, Mark that here we are normally did President Trump have two assassination attempts.
Speaker 3: Again against him?
Speaker 2: He took a five to five six round through the ear at a in a field in Butler, Pennsylvani War who's having a rally, and he just somehow you don't even you know, in the general news media ecosystem, it says, though none of this even happened. The most recent one was what a week ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, the public sees it and we don't ever want this to happen, but they see that he's dodging bullets, Kamala is dodging interviews. It's really impressive. I mean, you know the guy, and we know how tough he is, but to watch a guy take that bullet through his ear and then play golf a few hours later. This is one tough guy. And people are looking for that right now. They're looking for a tough, tough leader, and foreign leaders are looking at that and seeing that toughness.
Speaker 3: No, I totally totally agree. Mark. You think we're going to take control of the Senate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we got a good shot. I think all these poles, you know, Trump tends to underpole anyway, all these poles kind of gets slanted. So I think this is going to be a much bigger victory than anybody's predicting. And I think big coattails. Doug McCormick and Pennsylvania was not a great candidate last time around, really blossom much better candidate. I think we take that house. I think it's going to be a very very good November.
Speaker 2: Well, one more question for you, Mark, But first from a debt relief provider. You didn't vote for this recession or inflation, but you sure as heck do you pay for it? To the pump grocery store and a growing stack of unpaid bills. Done with debt created new aggressive strategies designed to get you out of debt permanently without bankruptcy or loans. Go to Done with debt dot Com. Done with debt stands between you and bill collectors. They negotiate with your creditors to write off balances, cut interest, and stop penalties. They have a plan to put more money in your pocket month one and done with debt is accepting new clients right now. You need to hurry because some of their debt strategies are time sensitive and you don't want to miss out. Let Done with debt Help make help you make your money yours again. Done with debt dot Com. Or call eighty eight three two two ten fifty four right now chat with one of their debt relief strategist for free. That number is eight eight eight three two two one zero five four, or just go to their website. Done with debt dot Com. That's done with debt dot Com.
Speaker 3: Mark Uh.
Speaker 2: Is there any hope at all that the election of New York is going to be closer than anticipated for pres I know you had said when it was Biden that Trump can win, can Trump close the gaping up with Kamalo, that they'll be at least a little bit of a shock for Democrats in New York state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I predicted he would win New York. Now, thank you for the asterisk that was with Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Biden He's I think he's going to do very.
Speaker 1: Well in New York. I wouldn't be shocked if he won, because he's alienated the Jewish vote here, completely lost him and it's an influential vote. And we have a thing here called the Al Smith Dinner, which Kamala has refused to go to. That's unheard of for a candidate. It's a very big important thing to the Catholic community. It's an a big snub to the Catholic Church. And remember the Hispanic population mostly Catholics, so she's alienated in the Catholics, the Jews, Hispanics with this, I think that's going to help Trump and crime, inflation, taxes, it's horrible in New York. It's very possible. Good shot, he wins New York.
Speaker 2: Alrighty Mark Somon, everybody missing New York go check out his podcast and certainly listen to him on a seven to ten WR ten am Eastern time.
Speaker 3: Mark. Always good to see you man, Thank you so much
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me.