Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, we talked Jayden's jersey number.
Speaker 2: He's got to take it from somebody who say you have to pay up a limit?
Speaker 3: Was he not gonna be? Man?
Speaker 1: I can'tn't wait here? What these guys got to say? We got undrafted free agents. We go through all of them and we give a little advice. What's it gonna take for those guys to make the team. And we got a little story time talking about Big Mike Sellers. Woooo and it all starts right right now. Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan paulse In here with Fretz Food and Santana Moss and guys. We got a lot of love, a lot of love for the merch which is always great. Man the shirts. Everyone wants one. We're really excited about it. And we said, oh, you can only get him in live events, and people were like leaving addresses in the comments section.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: We don't want you guys get in trouble, right Like, we want to keep you guys saving home.
Speaker 3: So what we're gonna do if you.
Speaker 1: Are not a local person, you're not in the in Virginia, Maryland EMV right non Virginia, Maryland.
Speaker 3: We have an email address.
Speaker 1: Now, what's what's the name of god that he got signed at gmail dot com? All right, so leave an email to that to that to that email address with your shirt size, shipping address, and name. Okay, will randomly select twenty winners, uh for a free shirt, and five of those will get a signed shirt by all three of us. Is that right, Jason?
Speaker 3: Do I say there correctly?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So, and also Jason has to go through the emails, So no double dipping. One only request. If you put multiple requests in, you're automatically elimiting. Get out of here. Let's make it easy for Jason.
Speaker 3: But if they want one for thee and they son they self and they I said they self.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they if they won't one for them and they son, now we can't turn the keys that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to bring in the arbitrator here. Jason, what do we got there?
Speaker 2: Case by case? Babe?
Speaker 4: Sell it to me that it's real. It's real, right, I mean for me and my seven it's okays are pretty trustworthy. I'm not worried about like guys are going to pull fast ones on us. But like, if you have an exorbitant request like that, like I, you know, help me out with ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're trying to make sure we gets their shirts merch out there. We're really excited about it. But also that hawk outside at gmail dot com. You can leave show ideas, leave comments, leave things you want us to talk about. Maybe ideas for like questions goes in there because right now, guys, we're in silly season, silly season meeting. There's nothing to talk about with the team, right we got mini camp OTA's coming up. Those tend to be close practices. So if there's something you want us to talk about, leave it in there. We'll make it happen.
Speaker 4: We have a couple of people in the comments that keep saying, Jason, make me an intern.
Speaker 2: I don't have this power.
Speaker 3: Definitely he's lying he can do that. Yeah, keep leaving comments.
Speaker 4: But show me your production skills if there's some topics dropping in there, and maybe.
Speaker 5: Uh actually use some of their topics and then shouting them out saying that you know this particular person.
Speaker 6: Topic brought to you by Milton Johnson from PAS.
Speaker 3: Why Milton Johnson because Milton sound like man he just on the top of the head Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: That is, you know Pennsylvania. That's a different culture.
Speaker 6: Like everybody just think about Philadelphia, you think about the big city, but that's a big old state.
Speaker 5: Milton, all the names come on, touch up Johnson, Jebbadiah.
Speaker 3: If your name is Milton Johnson, leave a comment at Mississippi.
Speaker 5: It ain't no damn PA.
Speaker 2: No p A is a Quaker state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so much.
Speaker 6: Definitely, it's a lot of Jebbadiah's there now. They making a lot of front.
Speaker 3: Of you in PA. Believe that that's that's a great point. Right. So our producer doesn't want us to talk about this, but I just want I have to talk about it, please because you guys just have such good takes on this. Who's the guy the basketball player that said he can put.
Speaker 1: On skin Rivers rivers Son okay, ost Rivers said he could find thirty by football players they could play Football Today.
Speaker 3: Show in the NFL. And then I'm not sure he said, you.
Speaker 6: Say we can't five thirty football players, they could go to the NBN.
Speaker 3: I might be in the right out of here, but I kind of agree with him.
Speaker 2: Yo, how could you agree.
Speaker 5: With I would say this? It's not that many. Now, it's a few guys in the NFL that can go out there hoop, but when it comes to the level of playing the NBA, it's is different, No, because a lot of those guys are you know, you show this guy on TV looks five ten and he's sixty three. Yes, still so so that part right there would take us out. But I will say this just because we played football first of all, Austin Rivers looking at it from I don't know what Lindsey he's looking out of, but bro, I see you guys can't get bumped in a basketball game. You're talking about coming out here, putting on pass and getting tackled. So that's the hard part for me to believe.
Speaker 2: It's the physicality.
Speaker 1: But I think you've seen there's a precedent set like we've seen basketball players we have play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But it's a friend the NBA. Chris Carter could have played in.
Speaker 6: The n B, A t O could have played in in the NBA.
Speaker 2: All those listen to me.
Speaker 1: T O is a streat hooper man, But you got it's it's a different skill set, man.
Speaker 6: But we're stronged like hic on things. Where's our advantage in this. First of all, we're gonna be faster than everybody on the court. That's gonna be stronger than everybody on the court.
Speaker 1: The speed thing, I think is really interesting because I don't know how fast those guys are. But when I see like John wall or like d Wayne Wade when he was rolling ris Brook thinking about it, Wesbrook like thinking about them playing like receiver or something.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like Westbrook has the mentality, See they go to think about it. Most of them don't have the mindset and the mentality to be as rough as we are chaotic. We are organized chaos. They are chaos organized. So at the end of the day, it's gonna take the edgy ones. Can Dennis Rotteney, Charles Oakley, Yes, yes, yes, yes they can. But the other ones, Clayton Thompson, everybody my things.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 5: You can put Rushbrook as one of those guys, and even d Wade. But when you watch a guy have to come out there and be coordinated the way we are as a football player, it's totally different, and that's when you separate yourself. But those guys are not going to be able to come out there and do some things we can do. I mean, we can go on to basketball court and shoot. Yeah, probably can't go out there and compete at that level with those guys because, like I said before, the hight difference, But I just don't see them come out there and being coordinated and being able to take those hits.
Speaker 2: We saw a couple of guys that you.
Speaker 5: Know, transit had you know, had had had a good run at it, and to me, that was our red breeze.
Speaker 2: So I get what he's saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's probably not that many football players that can play basketball. But don't sit here thirty guys that game.
Speaker 2: Once youball, you can't play football.
Speaker 1: Well you play offensive line right six eighties. There's a couple like, who's that? No, a fan who played for Houston. Less you your basketball player in college?
Speaker 3: Obviously different.
Speaker 1: I played with Darren Fels, basketball player in college. But it took Darren probably three years of like football specific two and a half years of football specific training. You got to even get a shot, you know what I'm saying. So it's not like you could go from basketball to football right now. Like you have to practice like and I'm sure it's kind of the point you're making too. It's like, if you wanted to take some guys from the NFL go play basketball, they'd have to practice hooping, like practice shooting and all that stuff. So, I mean, I do think the athletically just because like the Jimmy Graham's the World, the Antonio Gates the World, I think there's something there for sure. So I had to talk about that because I knew you had some sh fiery takes.
Speaker 6: It had inch my keyaster because because I hear basketball players saying it all the time, and my one thing I say to them is the physicality alone.
Speaker 1: You need, like you need to be a tough basketball player. And that's that's an interesting kind of thought experiment too.
Speaker 5: It's like, but they can't run all that stuff on. They can't go out there and be in that sun. They indoor players, They're not going to want to be out there in that heat and put on.
Speaker 3: About Draymond Green, what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: We watched Draymond when Nick Stated was coaching Michigan State. Draymond came out there tighty in the conorback asked him, do you want some peanut butter with the jail and.
Speaker 2: Jammed him turned down.
Speaker 6: So what I'm saying, if anybody tough enough to play in the NBA, the NFL, in the NBA right now is Draymond is Draymond. Because he is very football mentality on the court.
Speaker 3: It'd be interesting to ask him what that experience was.
Speaker 2: Like, that's my guy.
Speaker 5: I watched the film. Yes, I call a movie.
Speaker 6: Number eighty eight. That's what he want out there. Don't ever put on my curving number again.
Speaker 1: It's a good number two. Just disrespected, all right, So let's get to some commander and stuff.
Speaker 3: Now they're through that.
Speaker 1: So kind of a story that you know, we were talking about before the production meeting. I think it's interesting, you know, like, what is it? What did what did Ronnie say? It is interesting but not relevant or whatever that he used to say, that's life. You have to decide whether this is one of those things. Yeah, okay, So Jane Daniels wears number five in college or what number five?
Speaker 3: LSU the field? Who wears number five for this team?
Speaker 2: Tresway pro Bola.
Speaker 1: Do you say, Jaye Daniels asks for number five or does he change his number? And if he does ask for number five, how much would it take for Trust to give him number five.
Speaker 5: I would say this and.
Speaker 1: Again we have no Just to be clear, we have no insight on this. Not this might not even be an issue.
Speaker 6: We know how we were talking about, We know how the numbers are traded in the locker room, we know how it is.
Speaker 5: Jane Dame's coming in. A young pup might not know that Trust is a pro bowler. He looked at it and say he's a kicker. He's gonna get a kicker. Got that number he being because trust me, we all went in the locker rooms as pups.
Speaker 2: He didn't know nobody. Ye herd names and that's it.
Speaker 5: So he gonna hear that name trus Way has that he's a kicker. Oh kicker. Oh, he'll give me that. But not knowing that this is a pro bowler. This is like the last three four or five years he was the kick.
Speaker 3: He's you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So he probably gonna go up to him and shoot his you know, shoot a shot like hey man, you know I'm willing to pay for it, and Trust might giggle like like you know again, Trusts probably gonna giggle at him and say no, but it's not for sale. And Jay might kind of get you know. But I say all that to say this, if I was Trust, I will think of a price, being that he's a guy that should be respected. I'll say two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh I would look, I would just say a bees, I would just oh my god, Hey.
Speaker 5: I would just say, look from anywhere from two hundred to one hundred thousand. Because of who Trust is and knowing Trust is a good guy, I'm gonna give it to him because you you the quarterback potentially.
Speaker 6: Gonna be the you know, face the franchise.
Speaker 5: Of the franchise, give me that two hundred for that bad First.
Speaker 1: Of all, what number would you say, because like if you hear about receivers doing that kind of stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think Trust would ask for two hundred thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. It depends on who you are, and there's a lot of care. No, I'm saying this, I don't think he will either. I'm saying, if you have the audacity to not know me, yeah, ask Yeah, I'm charging them more because because you asked me and you didn't.
Speaker 3: Know who I was.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm gonna I'm gonna come in if I'm Jay to be like Trust, I know who you is, who you are respect a lot of your research. Jess is good at number six, you would number five, And I do our twenty thousand in logo with like that ain't enough.
Speaker 2: You do what two hundred thousand?
Speaker 3: I'm looking like, Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Because the one thing he has to do is, and this won't take a lot of money, is if he trades none. But the first thing that has to happen is he has to buy all the Transtwait Jersey, right right, So he had to buy the Transwait Jersey.
Speaker 1: The number for Kirk it was something like five hundred and five or six hundred thousand dollars because Cow is because.
Speaker 6: Cow pits Jersey sales down there, but tresh Jersey is not.
Speaker 2: You don't see a lot of people in trust Wait Jerseys.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people not my commended stuff too.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is, at the end of the day, I think just our shirts for the show.
Speaker 2: I started off at.
Speaker 6: Twenty thousand, I would go fifty to seventy five thousand.
Speaker 3: That's the starting point. That's it.
Speaker 6: And I think Trust would not have a Probably it ain't like he gonna put on number say them and started punning worse.
Speaker 5: Like, never know, bro, that a superstitious superstitious you change my number, boy in the world.
Speaker 2: On what if? What if he turns to number nine and just starts shinking him like you said, get it out out, damn man, come back?
Speaker 6: What happened if the first two kick man out of Byron?
Speaker 2: I said, at worse, I want want to see j J names in fifteen?
Speaker 3: Better?
Speaker 5: What fifteen until time?
Speaker 2: I cringe when I see fifty. I mean because if he.
Speaker 5: Don't get fired, was he gonna get I get fifteen?
Speaker 6: I just when I see fifteen, I think about Tim Tebow's It left like a taste in my mouth.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jay needs a single digit after meeting him, Yeah, because he's not He's not a small guy, he's tall, but like he like that single digit.
Speaker 2: Just look, so get him give him one. Then now you're talking about dots.
Speaker 5: I'm saying I forgot about gonna want.
Speaker 2: I gonna want way more, Mike. I think that negotiations just need to start.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like this is when the gootiate stored when you say down by your locker and he turned that way to be.
Speaker 2: Like, what's gonna take? What's gonna take?
Speaker 3: How do you start?
Speaker 1: So, if I'm trusting you're you're Jaden, what's the like, what's the intro? I'm sitting here with the intro. I'll give you mine with okay.
Speaker 2: Put. I came to that thing. I saw that eighty nine.
Speaker 5: I was like, damn, they gave me eighty nine?
Speaker 2: Why that?
Speaker 5: So I'm like, who got eighty three? Ain't stressed? I'm like, man, he in the receiver room. I God, damn. I walk up on.
Speaker 2: John said, hey, James and James good dude. Right, yeah. James came to me. Before I even got.
Speaker 5: Out of my mind, I already know you wanted eighty three, hungh. I said, yeah, Bro, I mean I'm willing to pay. He say, let me pray on it.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Hey, what Jesus to you?
Speaker 5: Was almost over. James came to me and was like, hey, man, Jesus told me that I prayed on him, bro, and I'm willing to give it to you. And I said, guess what. I prayed on it too, And I came up. I wore eighty three in high school and I WoT six in college.
Speaker 2: Together.
Speaker 5: That's eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 5: He said, damn, bro, that's good, and it made it was like he was fend number. No he didn't, he did. I was gonna give him something, James, I.
Speaker 2: Just got paid. What would you have given him?
Speaker 5: Probably south to seventy five to fifty, but I probably gave him around like fifty thousand for Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: That's me out of respect. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I knew James Strass. I knew of him growing up.
Speaker 5: James Thrass was a guy that I always had a lot of you know, I praised him a lot, especially when we was playing together, Like he would come in third down and get missing on you. You know what I mean. Like I came out of game one time, Coach, give met me down. This is my first year. I'm tired, Bro, I'm exhausted. I'm walking on the side and I was third down. I had no clue.
Speaker 2: Coach.
Speaker 5: He just walking on down and say this play for you. He better he better catch it. Like I go, like out there, I look at James stra I said, oh, James, that caught a like a litt I forgot the little route, a little flat route. He came in motion.
Speaker 2: I remember house called I remember you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, and guess what. That opened up the playbook for James Strass for the rest of the season. He ran that route for us on third down and he couldn't. I mean, they would not stop him. So I kind of look at it like, damn, he took a little from me. But at the same time I was willing to give that up because he's a guy that deserved that.
Speaker 2: But when when Jade sits down, ask me.
Speaker 3: I trusting, got my stuff up and put my cleats on.
Speaker 2: Do you come over you say, I'm gonna sit down, look at you once or twice?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 5: I want that. He ain't gonna say it.
Speaker 6: I want want the FIZZI them feel you understand me?
Speaker 2: What it's gonna take.
Speaker 6: Just when negotiation starts, t's gonna be like, you know what, you know, I made the Pro Bowl in the Jersey.
Speaker 5: This just on the number.
Speaker 1: Wonder if Trust would even ask you mean trust good dude, man, really care about nothing but that number?
Speaker 5: You know how numbers I don't trust ask. I think trust. Trust has the his sense of human probably like mine, like yours. On steroids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's so dress.
Speaker 5: Trash would come to him and Trust would say, look, man tell me something.
Speaker 2: They tell me what you want to Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He would tell him to throw the number out there, and if he likes it or not, he'll probably give it to us.
Speaker 2: That's me expecually.
Speaker 6: You know, you're right, one hundred thousand ain't much when you just got forty me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I can tell you know a dinty well the number two pig. It's about thirty five forty is it's so you're somewhere in there. Well we look makes a cap now, cap now. But I'm just saying it's a good, a good lord, don't be garrants.
Speaker 3: It's over. It's over twenty million dollars.
Speaker 6: So he's gonna be fine. I just think it's one of the things because most people don't know. My first week here, I wore twenty three, twenty three the Michael Jordan that was.
Speaker 3: My That sounds gross, yeah it does, it does.
Speaker 6: But guess what hell rogers no, no, d twenty three oh columns with twenty two.
Speaker 2: So the thing about it was the was still here at the time.
Speaker 5: Them was twenty one.
Speaker 6: So when did he leave like a week later, right like we did rookie Minicamp. At the rooky Minicamp, all the whole team got together. Mart Schemenheimen was our coach. Deon didn't want to play for Marty, so de Young was always telling me, I'm finna retire you, dude. Yeah, I'm going to give you my locker. I'm fin to give my jersey.
Speaker 2: I'm fini j I was like, oh, I'm fin the J Walker. You finish J Walker.
Speaker 6: So I knew what I was finding it to one consist, No, my wonting one period.
Speaker 3: Jason's got the number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these are none of this is official. This is all like, but it's it's expected to be a four years, thirty seven point seven million for Jason, where in there Caleb will get thirty nine point four thirty six point.
Speaker 5: Six to the nearest hunt.
Speaker 2: Because I remember four years twenty two point eight.
Speaker 3: When Cam got drafted. There was captured twenty two.
Speaker 5: But you know in these.
Speaker 2: Years, Sam Bradford, Sam came out. He was the last sixty five. He got like sixty five million, get the first pick.
Speaker 5: Sam Bradford, he was the reason why they kept it because they were like.
Speaker 2: This Sam Bradford, Kirk cousin, the same guy. Listen to me, same, It's been way better than six.
Speaker 4: Years seventy eight million.
Speaker 3: Oh my god for Sam Bradford's worse.
Speaker 5: And they said I'm sick of it.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm sick of it. Next year we cap it.
Speaker 6: They didn't captin it. And listen, man, imagine what that would be today. If kayleb wings with number one, he would have got a hundred million.
Speaker 3: I think he was a top five paid quarterback that year or something like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was top five. I hadn't played a day, played it down. That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So if i'm transway, give me a hundred one hundred, give me a hundred thousand. I can put it in my child, you know, trust.
Speaker 3: Fun prepay for my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 5: Tress is a smart man, so I expect him to have less sense of humor about it. Yeah, like I say, he gonna tell him probably the thrower that throw him a number. And to me as a as a young buck coming in there out of respect, you got to say from that range, I said, at least six a hundred. But if he's coming there and don't know me two hundred because you won't did two hundred.
Speaker 6: Tres had to put on number nineteen. They're gonna repercussion much numbers is not.
Speaker 2: It's like that's what I was saying. It's no numbers out there that's gonna fit trust. Who is he always been? He was five and up Arizona State?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think he was always five here though, because they wasn't winning. Look up Trusts numbers when he played when when we all played together with Tress, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think he was five five.
Speaker 5: I don't because know McNab had five one year, but test one here Trust.
Speaker 2: Was after that.
Speaker 3: It was two years after that.
Speaker 5: War, five after McNab. Do I think one of the quarterbacks after McNab had five?
Speaker 3: Did Patrick White were five?
Speaker 2: Did he Patrick?
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the West Via five nine something like that trade Vandostin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely gonna be the gift they kept on.
Speaker 3: So he's probably better today in today's game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would be. He was like your boy man who played and played at Florida.
Speaker 5: Johnoe is Green, you know from Virginia up here? What the kid name is who played played Percy Harvey Percony Harvey like they was like person Harvey's a different bill, different gear, but they was like electric field. They were like they was like Bush playering receiver.
Speaker 4: What we got Jason so Jane and Daniels is always worn number five?
Speaker 5: Wow, what about Chase?
Speaker 4: Trust?
Speaker 5: I mean, Trust can Chase one.
Speaker 3: No problem.
Speaker 4: He's always worn number five here. But okay, at uh it says Chicago he was with Chicago was number one, which he can't be because John is here. But when he was at Oklahoma he was number thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, he should just put on cooler number and just be for the sales.
Speaker 6: I know, trust, he's an idiot, So if he changed numbers, it's not gonna be from five to six.
Speaker 2: He's gonna go from five.
Speaker 5: Like I kind of don't want to see Trust have to change because I feel like it's just something you have to say. He's a you know, but it's hard to see. Jayde did not come in and like.
Speaker 1: I do also think it's good when a young guy comes in and can like re establish their identity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying this that was college. This is here.
Speaker 5: But or like I say, they might say, hey, Jaden, you I got and five is gonna be waiting on you when he leaves.
Speaker 3: That's true, right right now.
Speaker 5: We gotta let him ride this thing up. Like I said, he's a pro bowler, man, he's a guy that's to be one of the better, the bettert the best punter in the league.
Speaker 2: So you gotta gotta live with it.
Speaker 6: I would come here is the number two picks. Say it's punt in the league.
Speaker 3: You were the number two picks. That would be a nightmare for everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at the same but I'm just saying, if I'm the quarterback, man.
Speaker 3: It's true quarterback. That's a little bit like that.
Speaker 2: This I'm the governess.
Speaker 5: It's more than shoulders.
Speaker 2: I would love to see him in number nine. I think nine to look good on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: He was also thirty six.
Speaker 3: Trust trust Yeah, he was just.
Speaker 2: Here's a bunch of numbers. He's a pun They just gave him a number in high school.
Speaker 3: He was thirty.
Speaker 4: It was number thirty. You were one year at Oklah.
Speaker 1: We should ask him, we should get to trust on here and ask him if he'd switch numbers. All right, So that's going to do it for the number talk basketball, number talk football. If you have a thought on that, what number would you take to change your number? Please send an email to that hawk outside at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: How much would it take?
Speaker 3: How much would it take? Leave a comment?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So now we're talking undrafted free agents. We've done a lot of draft talk, and so for this segment, if you want a more detailed kind of rendition of each player, we did that on Ticket of the Draft, which is on Apple and Spotify, right Jason, So you can listen to that there and then I'll come out on Friday. But in the meantime, let's talk about just high level free agents. You guys played for a long time, saw a lot of undrafted free agent rookies.
Speaker 3: What was your perception.
Speaker 1: Of those guys coming in because obviously the drafted guys were kind of held in a little different standard, you know, like they came in they had like special not special treatment, but they were treated a little.
Speaker 3: Differently than the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was your as guys that were established a locker? What was your view of that.
Speaker 3: Group of guys?
Speaker 5: Well, when I first got into the league, I cared less about who was who I still I mean, throughout my years, I cared less, but I really even knew who was undrafted, who was drafted. I feel like we was all there. So at the end of the day, I'm like, we're all on the team. But the crazy part about it, my first four years in New York, I hung out with the undrafted guys more than the guys on the team, like more than the And it's crazy because one of the guys are he's now here. In Howard coaching Tory Woodbury, I mentioned his name was a quarterback. He was the Mike Vick of Black College, so he was. He went to Winston Stalem University. I remember seeing him in the draft when they was talking about picking him up, you know, when other teams was looking at him. And then he ended up coming to the Jets as an undrafted guy, but they talked highly about who he was, and so when I got there, he basically like me and him just like he's a quarterback, I'm a receiver, and we hung out. He made the team as a receiver slash special teams guy, you know. But when you look back at it now, all these years, another guy came in, he was undrafted, and I'm like, we was cool. So I care less about those guys being undrafted or not. And I never really especially when I got my name, you know, started playing goodball. I never looked down those guys because there was a lot of guys that will come in that you say, how did that guy not get drafted? You understand. So just because they're undrafted refreging, don't mean that they not draft worthy or they wasn't a guy that should have been drafted. Things happen.
Speaker 2: You know, Hey, only two hundred plus of us can get drafted. They don't mean it ain't a back though into the league.
Speaker 6: Antonio Pierce came in our rookie year undrafted free agent, end up winning the Super Bowl. Now he's the head coach of the Raiders. I love guys that weather the storm because it's not easy for any of us as a rookie. But if you are undrafted free agent, it's almost no hope.
Speaker 5: Almost.
Speaker 2: But when I see them dig, they weigh out.
Speaker 6: It's just respect. I was always treated everybody saying people already know they had up. You could come knock on my do it Ino town. I'm opening the door. I don't care who he is.
Speaker 2: We know how they was.
Speaker 6: Because people don't understand how it feels to be in the middle locker like timporary locker.
Speaker 1: Talk about that for a second. It's like downstairs. Uh, at least says they used to do it right. So the guys on the team had the outside locker, which is like the one you see on TV where it's like got the nice you can sit in it, you can put your stuff in there, and then in the middle for the UDFA guys. And so like when I came in, I was UDFA guy. Trent had his own locker. He was over there right like Perry Riley. All the guys that got drafted had their own locker, and then your boy was in a metal locker in the middle, and you're like, oh, this is not good. This is not a real locker. So how do I get from this locker to that locker? And then when I was in Chicago, what they used to do is they used to put the ud F as in a different.
Speaker 2: Locker room, same thing.
Speaker 3: And when I j so you're like, so it's.
Speaker 1: Like, how do I actually get into the real locker room? So it is a little bit tough, but yeah, like I don't know, did you you look at those lockers and be like damn.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't because I knew as quick as they could be cut drafted guys and guys that been here for six years when that reaper entered the locker room and I holler out dead man walking, like it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of locker or not. Like I said, I always endeared to those guys. I always made friends with those guys. So at the end of the day, it didn't matter how you got here, as long as you was here. And I also knew for most coaches I played with, they didn't care either, Like if you're better than the guy we drafted, we're gonna keep you.
Speaker 2: We're not keeping him.
Speaker 6: So I had a lot of respect for those guys and Antonio Pierce's of the world, the London Fletchers of the world. So it don't matter how you started in this game, itn't matter how you finished, man.
Speaker 5: You know, honestly, like I looked at those lockers, that's just it's training. Come.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a bunch of bodies in here.
Speaker 5: I didn't, you know, I really never really paid attention to who was in them and who wasn't. I thought it was so many young guys came in here at the end of the day, whether they draft draft picks or not, they got to go somewhere because we got a whole team of people that's still here. So I never really looked individually of who was in that locker until they started coming up missing, you know, once you started seeing them open them anything, I'm like, well, damn, he wasn't a draft pick or he didn't have any you know, he didn't carry any weight for him to make the team. And so that's when you start paying attention more. But man, I could just imagine, bro, like we need to be asking you how it feel to because.
Speaker 6: How doesn't feel the pressure every day knowing I could wake up and this could be my LaDue line.
Speaker 3: It was tough, man, it was.
Speaker 1: It was really tough because like those like for you guys didn't matter maybe, but like for me, every day it was like every day I went to that metal locker, I was like, damn, you know, like you could be out of here tomorrow. And so you're always kind of thinking about like draft picks, and you know, obviously the first probably three first three rounds or guys that are going to make the team because they made an investment. But like my year, they had drafted a guy in the fifth round that they were really high on, and like you're saying Fred, like he wasn't working out the way they wanted. I was having a good camp and it switched and I ended up making the team over him, and they ended up cutting him. But like, you get penalized as a team for cutting draft picks, so there are there are incentives to keep the likes. So for example, they got in trouble for this, but they trade. They swapped draft picks with the Saint Louis Rams at the time, so they could cut their pick and then we could cut the Saint Louis could cut our pick and with no penalty. But you get because the contract of a draft pick is guaranteed. Uh, three fourths of the contracts guaranteed. So for me, they cut me and it's like thanks, thanks for coming by, like we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So it was tough.
Speaker 1: And again like understanding that they had made an investment in those players, they'd picked those players with valuable assets, and I was just kind of a guy.
Speaker 3: Was tough.
Speaker 6: How did you go out your way not to like cause we always practice all us practice. No, once you're on a team, you used to get practiced with it. I can't make a mistake mentality, but damn.
Speaker 1: It was so the best way I could explain it because I had to do like rookie mentoring when I was in Atlanta, Like I would talk to the rookies when they'd come in, And the best way I could explain it, it's like you're a dog on a leash. Right, So if your first round draft pick, Man, you're out in the yard. Man, there's no fence, go out, do what you gotta do. You could mess up, yeah, chew up the porch, whatever you want to do as a as a U d f A, you are tied to that stake in the yard if you mess up, if you get too far, like get out of here, right, So i'd be here with udfa's you thought, oh I made it, I made the team, and then it's like, bro, like you cannot do what he's doing because they're gonna they're gonna be patient with him. They're not gonna be patient with you. Because I hate to break it to you, there are probably seven hundred to you floating around the NFL.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so like that's why I have a lot of respect, you know, Fletch, you mentioned Pierce, you know, and played with a bunch of guys that made the teams udf as because like you have such a tight like such a such a it's like your thread the needle, small window right, and you gotta you gotta cant. And so for me, it was like the guy they drafted didn't do what he was supposed to do, an older guy got hurt, and then they h two older guys got hurt, and so then there was like, oh, shoot, like here it is. That's a lot of luck, you know.
Speaker 5: I remember being asked and it's crazy that we're talking about this because it's just you know, and I'm always to want the brain freezers, you know. But you talked so long it gave me time to think about it. I remember being okay, that was a little like that by the way you talk, you know, we actually questioned, we askually the question. I wanted to hear your take on the note. But I remember one of the guys like after year ten or something like that. For me, he's no longer in the league. We're talking. He's like, man, I always wonder like why you were so cool with us, Like Bro like, why would you? And he was hanging out with me for my birthdays. He's like, Tenne, man, you're still taking care of me. Bro, all these years, I tell I tell my folks, man, I came in I want even a drift pick. Tenn of had me staying. I stayed at Tennel House for four years, like and I thought about it. I said, Bro, do you know not not know how I came into college? I was you in college walk on, And I tell you that the way I felt every day came I couldn't eat with these guys. I couldn't. It was like they were showing you that you here. So I'm like, when I got to the league and saw you got it wasn't like you was uh walk on or undrafted free agent. I looked at you as a guy like I wanted. I wanted to make sure you knew that I accepted you if no one else did. So you know what I mean. So that's one of the reasons that I've always kind of took care of those people and made sure that they knew, like, hey, bro, let's go out here and work. And when if I can give you that energy to say that's going out here and work and maybe you know better. Your chances are going out to compete and get looked at, and hey, I did my part.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Johnny U. Banks?
Speaker 3: Like you?
Speaker 6: Banks was undrafted, familiar, all right, and I'll never forget. We were playing against the Chicago Bear Blue forheaded hell of a game.
Speaker 2: The two picks everything. I end up by the third quarter full body cramp.
Speaker 6: I literally go into the locker room and I'm watching the game as I sit on the table with the Bees. They put Johnny U. Banks in in my place Chicago of course, fresh meat. They're going right ad and right in and right in them, and I'm sitting there like I can't let them do Johnny. You bangs like that, because just if I go out here, I don't need to be helping. They'll still respect. I get off the table, tell the train of some kind of lie. I run back in, run and get back in the game. They take Johnny out, but I just wasn't gonna let I want to protect. I know if he gets in here and he continue to me, he might not be on this team out of there.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: He was a good guy too.
Speaker 3: You're a real one for that, I'll tell you you. No, No, A lot ofdes wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, I know they wouldn't do it. And that's how I felt last year.
Speaker 6: They kind of left my guy for us hanging guns. At the end of the day, we supposed to protect each other. And I know if I was having a bad game as a rookie, d Green a champ would have came over there and say, hey, let me help, let me take this goog this guy, you just go to the ConA right now.
Speaker 5: I got you.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's exactly right. So we got a couple of ud FA's here the sign. What's the number ten? Anyway, any of.
Speaker 1: These guys that kind of stick out to you is kind of say, hey, man, this guy might be fun to keep an eye on. And again we go deeper dive on Ticket to the Draft podcast which comes on on on Friday. But these guys, you're like, man, this is what I want you to keep it eye.
Speaker 2: This is what I want you to do.
Speaker 6: Keep your wife and your girlfriend away from Sam Hartman. Start let's start there, all right, I don't know if to jump off, let's start there.
Speaker 2: If Sam makes the team or not, he will be in the DMV. Are all is what I'm saying is this he is a heart throb. Let's start there.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 5: I think I can't think of this guy name man, but I'm pretty sure you'all gonna have me. Oh, I guess he broke it down right here for me.
Speaker 7: Thank you, jay O, Go go Woo Google, Google, David Woo, Google, David Woo Google six five, three.
Speaker 5: Hundred and one pounds. And he's gonna be playing with lineman. He's gonna tackle tackle switch player to me, I just got to keep you out on.
Speaker 2: I think you know Google Woo, Google, I love it. I want to hear that's the guy.
Speaker 6: But hey, Coaston Yankoff, Yankoff, who First of all, he's a He used to play tailback, he used to return punts, lay quarterback, he played quarterback everything. But we're going to play him at tight end. Like so they tell you what type of athlete this dude is. I think if anybody has a chance undrafted free agent to make this team, it's him Yankoff. Like he's the guy that you have to because they're all about athletics, score and what can you do? When I look on this, he can do more than most of the people on here. He's not singlar in anyway. And I think you have a better chance to make this team if you play more than one position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he so.
Speaker 1: I if I remember he serves, he played running back, tight end, he was a return man, he played all four special teams.
Speaker 3: He played a little linebacker.
Speaker 1: He transferred from U dub as a quarterback, and so like they couldn't. He's just a big athletic, that'sletic guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like maybe, like you're saying, Fred, find a way to get him some touches like he was. I think he led the team in special team tackle. So obviously, yeah, team's value. I definitely got to keep an eye on for sure. Got another guy Colorado State. I'm calling them ce out the gate. I ain't trying to mess his name up, said Chogaga's a Cheagozi chegoziw him Like I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that Chegozi in the Newseum coming back for three nine forty Uh. I mean all the intelligents when you look at six to one two hundred physic school, you watch his film, he won those guys. I looked him up because I'm going over this list last night. I love when you give us this stuff before here, I get a chance to go and lookuse somebody watch you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I went and put up film. I'm like, Oh, he gonna make the team. And then I find out they gave him a little nice stifen.
Speaker 5: You know, they give you a nice little stipend. They got good intent, they invested in you for a reason. So for him to be a free agent, under undrafted free agent, that's always an eye raiser right now.
Speaker 3: Raise that's a big one for me to just knowing that, damn, we're.
Speaker 5: Giving him a couple of dollars because we believe a little something more than.
Speaker 2: What we don't want nobody else to get them.
Speaker 1: I think you got paid them of any undrafted rookie year he was and there was a little bitting war between him here and Denver. Yeah, we won fifty thousand dollars. That's a big deal. And I think some of his contracts guaranteed another big deal for him. So my guy Tanna mention it like moves well, pretty instinctive efforts, a little up and down, but the frame, the profile, the athletic it's all there. Another guy that I think is super interesting, just like just incredibly interesting. Is Tyler Allens from Texas Tech. So he transferred from Texas. He's never really played safety until last year, a little up and down weird angles.
Speaker 2: You know what he played before that was the corner linebacker.
Speaker 1: I think he played star for them, alright, hybrid. But the thing about him is he is a teams guy. Yeah, but he's literally may like this is not an exaggeration. He might be the most explosive person ever in the history.
Speaker 3: Of the combine.
Speaker 5: I've seen a damn broad jump.
Speaker 2: Twelve two, twelve to two. That's incredible, giant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he had a forty one inch.
Speaker 2: Vertical that's no one inch under me?
Speaker 3: Stop? What was your vertical?
Speaker 2: Forty two?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? I jumped up and I ain't come down with thank you Jason.
Speaker 1: I mean, did I even say? Jason just pulled out his phone right away, because that's that's the kind of guy. So he's six to two, he's two fifteen, he's got thirty three and a quarter inch arms, Like, dude is built in the labeah and so again.
Speaker 3: Teams value.
Speaker 1: But when you see him, like I was watching filming him the other night, I was like, damn, like this dude looks like a linebacker playing safety.
Speaker 3: Again, very raw, but but.
Speaker 2: That's what you want.
Speaker 1: But Carver Carver roll as a team with crazy athletic upside. So that's someone I would just say, hey, man, keep an eye.
Speaker 5: On him now now.
Speaker 2: Also now, because I watched a lot of Georgia football.
Speaker 3: Rose Jack's sat Saint. Yes, I like him a lot.
Speaker 6: I've been saying, like, he just one of those guys that you know, he didn't play high level football, you know, he got overshadowed by a lot of draft picks, and he's one of those guys that remind me of Cam.
Speaker 2: Seems in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a great car.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying remind me of Cam Seems to where he the type guy that could get on the roster and just stick. Yeah, just always be there. So so yeah, so he one of those guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, anytime you look at a guy and he had zero drop passes since twenty twenty two, Yeah, that's an eye raiser, right, That's the eyebrod raiser. So I'm like, you know, I'm with you with that. But you know what, one of the things about it too, you gotta think about it. You know, you're gonna always find a guy that if he can be specially on special teams. Yeah, and he plays a receiving position.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And he's a bingo ahead gunner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he's a tough son of a gun. I had a draft table grade on him, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he had some medical stuff like a knee shue or something that might have made it tough. But as far as the football of the film, yeah, I thought had a very solid senior ball. I thought he was consistent of Georgia.
Speaker 3: Not the guy there.
Speaker 6: And what I say, like when you when you go to these big schools and you not the guy, so matchin being in Miami and they got Tana and how many more receivers in you the fifth guy. It don't mean you can't play. It's just a deep ride receiving guy.
Speaker 5: You gotta think. We had me Reggie, Wayne, Andre King, and Daryl Jones and Andre Whiston was coming in as a third and fourth guy.
Speaker 2: So this imagine that.
Speaker 5: This year up all the famet this year, Well he just he got taken it and he was he was a guy coming off the bench, you know what I mean. So and like so That's how it is when you have those teams and just imagine that those Alabama or wide receiver rooms.
Speaker 2: You know what, all these.
Speaker 5: Guys in the league now they are playing a high level that you had to basically waste your turn.
Speaker 3: That's something we'll talk about more, probably on a later show. But I think in terms of positions that are going to be super interesting, like receiver, especially like those four six guys.
Speaker 2: You know who is gonna be you Need You Need you Miami.
Speaker 3: What's gonna happen impact the tight end room? Like all these guys.
Speaker 6: James and crowded, how it's gonna happen, Like you're right, them last three spots in their receiver room, It's gonna be a fight for those.
Speaker 1: And so that's where I think that like a guy like Jack Saint could maybe make it happen.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, because.
Speaker 2: We don't know what they're looking for.
Speaker 6: He has a body type it's big that he don't have to compete against in that room.
Speaker 2: Like I think he would be the tallest guy, right.
Speaker 3: He's six to two. I think he's one hundred and seventy five times because which.
Speaker 2: Was six feet six Luke McCaffrey sixty two.
Speaker 3: I mean he's sixty one and five eighths.
Speaker 6: Yeah, technically so maybe, but uh but yeah.
Speaker 1: And so the other one is the DB's like, we got all these kind of dbs that are flex.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why I think Owens is such an interesting guy. But the guy that no one said that I wanted to call attention to is a guy Noral Pollard from Virginia Tech, defensive tackle. And I watched the film head him last night and talk about a defensive not a big guy.
Speaker 3: I think he's I saw something in the city's six foot He's six foot two, five pounds. Not a big man, but he.
Speaker 1: Has the juice as a pass rusher man, he's got the juice. And so in a scheme defensively, at least in Dallas that prioritized into your pass rushers, like, I bet you if you come to training camp and this guy's healthy, he's gonna win everyone.
Speaker 5: On hold on, take about I'm reading this right, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, read that out to. He was PFF grade third ahead of Johnny Newton for.
Speaker 3: Pastor past like.
Speaker 1: He also had uh in terms of winning percentage on true past sets, ninety grade and twenty pressures. Right, so he's tied with Byron Murphy. That's the that was the first defensive tackle. Like, dude has juice. Yes, he's just small.
Speaker 2: I've been saying he just didn't look the part.
Speaker 5: But guess what, he's on the right team. Because one of the things you know about this defense, yeah, as you've seen it, Yeah, it traveled from a lot of different places. They find a spot for you, whatever you can do best, and they slides you in there and let you go out there and be special.
Speaker 2: So reminds me of Lionel the Snail Dalton. I played with Lionel Dalton.
Speaker 3: He was a detail is the real name?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I named him the Snell that he was slow.
Speaker 6: No, he just looked like a snail, Like his face out like he looked like a snail.
Speaker 2: He's like what he like like he didn't like sound like a cat. You know it.
Speaker 6: It was so funny because it was he wasn't sponge bossing. I know they'll call the player to be third that. I was like, go get him snail right on the Snail Dalton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said he reminded you of yeah, because Snail was undersized.
Speaker 2: If if I brought h me here right now. You be like that ain't no d line.
Speaker 6: But boy, between Kansas City and here, put up stats like I could always count on the snail to get after the quarterback.
Speaker 5: So he was like Alexander for us, he was like O just like just like we didn't know where they had to put. Joe was just a ball player. Yes, we had at full back.
Speaker 7: We had yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's how he got the name one man gag I named the neck.
Speaker 1: Because I like do I remember talking to people from different teams about Zoe, like on special teams, and they were like legitimately afraid.
Speaker 3: They were like they had like it was something wrong with him, talking about Randy Moss flu or whatever like that.
Speaker 1: People like bottom of the roster guys, you have to play every game where you're gonna get cut.
Speaker 3: Had like Lorenzo Alexander flew. He was just knocking dudes unconscious. Man.
Speaker 2: No, And we had this is team core.
Speaker 6: We had Zoe, We had Rock cop right, Mike Sailor, and.
Speaker 2: We had Carrie Campbell that was out.
Speaker 6: Guess what all four of you guys gonna put a mustache on your face?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Like I just remember watching like the first time in a game, you know, watching those dudes cover a kick.
Speaker 3: It was terrify watch.
Speaker 5: Them on the team though, Like if you ever seen that, like my view of it, bro slashed.
Speaker 6: Your boy used to take people out of the return a smitty.
Speaker 2: I used to rick shot if I catch you not looking, that's the best. That's the way it was.
Speaker 1: I remember Mike Sellers on punt return being on the line at him literally because he was huge, huge, and he would just grab the dude right here on the shoulder pads and let the move. And he would just stand at the line of scrimmage and the dude was like and he could not get off the line of scrimmage. And I was like, this is just a different bitches five hundred.
Speaker 5: First of all, man, you know, shouting to Mike Settles when I heard his surgery.
Speaker 6: Surgery went well, new heart transplants, Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: A man is up walking, he's looking strong.
Speaker 6: At the end of the day, it's blessed by blessed by somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what's up. But I remember getting here and hearing the story that he didn't go to He didn't go to go to college. He went to junior he went, he went to Canada. Yes, and I'm like, hold on, you didn't say that again. He was like, yeah, I played pro.
Speaker 2: He's only had one year Junie Cars and I went to I went.
Speaker 3: And he was the youngest in football, eighteen and a half.
Speaker 6: And when he got off the bus they were like, no, he can't.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 1: When I first talk about those metal lockers, I was at my metal locker. First they put my stuff in there, and Mike walked in and I was like, that's gotta be like a defensive tack, you know.
Speaker 3: Like that what they looked like.
Speaker 1: And then and that's a big and then someone was like, oh, that's Mike Sellers and I was like, I am not gonna because.
Speaker 2: If that's what a freaking fullback.
Speaker 5: Mike was like that that what you call it when he can play tight end in full back. He was in between like and it was crazy because I remember we had plays where we'll say we got two tight ends. We got COOLi and Mike, you know what I mean, Like my first couple of years here and I'm like, this dude here can come kind of just we put him at d N A couple of plays too.
Speaker 2: Greg Greg William Greg tried him out of d N.
Speaker 6: He was a psychle man man, listen man. When you get a body type like that. I remember when I first met Mike. He was in Cleveland and we were playing Cleveland in the preseason and Mike was just played here, like Mike played here two stints, so he was stapping everybody up before the game.
Speaker 2: I was like, d Green, who is that? He was like, oh, they Mike Sell. He a full back. Watch out for that power. I'm like what you mean? I like, I tell you what if I got to hit.
Speaker 6: Him, they's gonna be lun loan listen to me. And they tossed the sweep to death do us pull? I cut him so low. I got a so so made because you know he had to lead. I like, well, you build like a spoon. I know not to go hound you though, No, Like yeah, I realized, like some of these guys are truly intimidate. And I remember first seeing Mike and I was like, I don't know how long I got any league.
Speaker 3: He made me feel that said was.
Speaker 1: I remember watching a cut up and we were just looking at like it was like past fifteen week, which is like where the fullback leads up on the linebacker then runs to the flat and it was like James Harrison off the ball and James Harrison was like.
Speaker 3: A monster dude.
Speaker 1: And Mike hit this dude so hard he like cart wielding James Harrison and then what's the flat? Like it was like a speed bump and I just played James Harrison. I was like, who are you? Like, what are you doing? But yeah, they don't build him that way.
Speaker 5: And Mike was reason my guys like might make me make that business decision A long time ago. When I was the corner coming into high school, I was like, do I want to tackle guys like that?
Speaker 2: Because you get kids took it in high school.
Speaker 5: You're like, man, running backs look that big, like damn you know a lineman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get back to I think Mike was the udf A right, Yes, he was undrafted free agent.
Speaker 3: So let's get back to that.
Speaker 1: If you were giving advice to these guys, we just talked to her, just guys, right, yeah, what advice would you give them? So hey, U d face, you got to sit down there in front of you right now.
Speaker 3: Let's see I.
Speaker 6: Find you a veteran in that locker room and learn his habits like not only just learn his habits, understand his mindset, and hopefully you can find a veteran that's an undrafted free agent. Nobody then rocked your walk, and walk your path and let them tell you how important every practice, every play, every every time you get, every time your numbers called to get in there, take it like it's your last.
Speaker 5: I say, find your edge. I think your edge would. But mostly just you know, one of the things that I learned in college when I, you know, came in and being where I was at, I was too naive to understand where I was at, you know what I mean. I was happy for the ride. You know, at worst, I'm gonna be truck shot. So whatever happens here, I'm ready sure that anyway, I ain't nothing, not gonna lose. But the way I got on the field was coach said that he say, every day, when you come off this field, make sure we're saying something positive about it. Yes, I'm like and I so now that I got that little knowing that little like bub bub there, And so I tried to every time I'm out there, I get a chance, I'm winning, I'm winning my one on one. I got to know all my assignments, assignment a lineman assiment. I want to line up right and know the assignment. I want to know my coverages like find the Edge. Always always make the guy that's in front of you do more than what he did, show up, show him up. And then when it's all over, how many reps you're gonna get after its how much finwork you gonna get in last person before you know, while everybody going home on their brakes. I'm from Miami. I hated the film work, but guess what I wanted to you can you can put up this film and show me how to readcover two a little differently, and show me how to read this cover six like I ain't never heard of cover six. Like I was always trying to get in some kind of way, but I didn't know that he taught me that. You know, that coach, that particular coach taught me that. So I would tell a guy find your edge, put in more film work than the next guy, put in more work on the field after practice, and before you know it, they're gonna be like, hey man, you see this guy keep coming here showing up because it's going to show up on film. It's gonna show up on the field like you're gonna see your play elevate when you put in all that work.
Speaker 3: That's school, that's real right there. I appreciate. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I wish you would have told me that when I was rookie, But I would say that you're not gonna get as many opportunities. There's everybody else. Ye got to maximize those opportunities. Treat every play like its super Bowl.
Speaker 5: And I would say, you know what, when you're saying that, don't be in your feelings. Don't get in your feelings because you're gonna make plays that the guy who probably two spots in front of you didn't make. But don't be mad that he got the next record and you didn't get record. Coach, see they see it, and if they don't see it, somebody else would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they see it. That's exactly right. You know.
Speaker 1: Curtis Samuel not Curtis Chris Samuel Christ told me that he knew I was going to make the team in twenty ten, and it was this is what happened.
Speaker 3: So it was a.
Speaker 1: Ball that got We were doing like a live period and I was running like a corner on the backside, like you know, individual back side, and there was a.
Speaker 3: Fumble on the left side of the field and I was just so dumb.
Speaker 1: I just sprinted as hard as I could over there and I recovered the football.
Speaker 3: I've passed people up and he's like, that's what I know. You're gonna make it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was something that I had nothing to do with job, with my job. It just was like football is important to this guy. You're going to go the extra mile and like any opportunity you have to show that with the film, getting with the veteran all that stuff. So hey, good luck, guys. We appreciate you, and I think that's going to do it for Toda's show. Good yeah, I appreciate you, guys, And make sure you like and subscribeer ever you get your podcasts, and make sure you're leaving Jason those emails at.
Speaker 3: That Hawk out Side at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.