Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod, which Teddy Mellencamp at camera.
Speaker 2: Judge, Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod. We are recapping Traders episode five and.
Speaker 1: Say I get two of them for the price of one.
Speaker 2: Two for the pass of one. I want to make sure to let the listeners know that we are recapping two episodes, starting with the one that aired right after Bob was banished. So Jack Queen, Yeah, if you're not up to date, we don't want to do any spoilers, so do your due diligence. But it starts out the Traders meet at the turret after Bob the Drag Queen is banished. Carolyn thinks his banishment had to do with Rob's ego and his desire to control the game.
Speaker 1: Absolutely for sure.
Speaker 2: Then Danielle knows they need to get banished, but they have to do it when he least suspects it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's happening. It's happening. These Traders are too busy fighting amongst themselves. They would be working together. I've never seen I mean, obviously it is only a third season of it, but I don't know if they do that on the other Traders like the UK ones. These girls, these two girls, they're just letting him steamroll right over them in the turn.
Speaker 2: Because they're too busy trying to steamroll each other. Yeah, it's not going to work out well.
Speaker 1: I think that most of the the traders will be gone really soon and they're gonna have to bring in new ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which at this point I wouldn't be bummed because I'm kind of sick of seeing Danielle cry. Then, so everyone arrives at breakfast the next morning. Carolyn is all over the place. So Danielle is unsure if they can work together to get Boston Rob out.
Speaker 1: Carolyn's face faces that she makes are hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's not beneficial that she has like one eyelash extension, still holding on for dear life.
Speaker 1: Oh, she like she's a character. She just seems like a caricature character. Caricature, but she she just seems like she's so good for reality TV because of all the faces and how dramatic and she's she's something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then she tried to get her on the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get her on the pod. Then we see that Robin was murdered, and Dolores figured she's next Wes suspects Rob is a trader, so Rob has a conversation with him. Wes then denies the accusation, saying he was complimenting Rob for knowing Bob was a trader. Wes knows Rob is a trader, but he has to be careful before making his move. Dan Yelle decides she's going to throw Carolyn under the bus because she can't trust her.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why Boss and Rob wanted to murder Robin. Is it because she was outspoken? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I don't. I think he's trying to make people think he's like out for the housewives, even though it's very clear that none of them are traders.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, she was outspoken, but she was off on every single person she thought was a trader. I think it was kind of a stupid move.
Speaker 2: I thought it was. But know what, Carolyn kind of reminds me of what, you know, those like roomba vacuums that like get out of their mind when they get like stuck under like the.
Speaker 1: Not a roomba, like under the.
Speaker 2: Like where your oven is, and it's like no.
Speaker 1: No, no, I see more. It's like her coattails are stuck in a room, but she's like, yeah, she's so she has so much expression it cracks me up. I think that Carolyn and Danielle should work together to get rob out because they can't trust them. But you can't. I feel like, you can't trust We can't trust anybody, but Danielle.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, you can't trust anybody. And then Danielle is so full of it, like I feel like I would be able to trust Carolyn, but Danielle is just trying to play so many different games.
Speaker 1: The thing with Carolyn that throws people off is she's so animated all the time and so out there that they don't know is this just her or is she trying to hide that she's a trader?
Speaker 2: Like well, I think this is how she's always been on any reality show she's ever been on. But then today's mission takes place at a church. Alan will tell them a riddle and the players must guess the correct answer to receive twenty five hundred. There are two shields available for this mission as well. Tom Sandoval feels very confident with riddles because he's read Harry Potter and he's channeling Tom Riddle's energy. Today, Danielle gets a correct answer, and instead of putting herself up for the shield, she decides to put Dolores up, which then realizes this put it's like a target on her back. That was probably a stupid move, not a good move. Then Rob agrees he thinks it's a stupid move. She's telling everyone she feels safe. She removes Derek's picture, who was supposed to be her big brother alliance, and then Danielle gets another riddle correct and still doesn't put herself up for a shield. She puts Derek's picture up instead because.
Speaker 1: Because I think she got worried. Yeah, He's like, we're supposed to be teammates here and you're going after me?
Speaker 2: Like really, yeah, what the food?
Speaker 1: She tried to redeem herself, but yeah, but they.
Speaker 2: Can't even help herself. She asked Danielle if she's worried, aren't you worried You're going to get murdered? And then Danielle of course sheds a tear and starts to freak out because she realized her mistake. They all add fifteen thousand to the prize pot, and Dolores and Sierra end up with a shield. After this mission, Danielle knows she messed up, so she starts to throw Carolyn's name under the bus.
Speaker 1: Of all people, I just you're a fellow trader.
Speaker 2: But then Tom's analogy about Harry Potter is like saying you can run a bar just because he watched Cheers.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly. Tom talking about how good he'll be at this mission and then getting it wrong was very satisfying. I don't know what's worse, his outfits or his to everything that comes out of his mouth.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only thing dumber than Danielle getting a riddle correct and not putting herself up for a shield is doing the exact same thing a second time.
Speaker 1: I'm actually very shocked that Tom Sandoval is still in this I thought that people because he's not very well liked. I thought that people would just want to get rid of him just because he cheated on Ariana.
Speaker 2: I think people know he's not sorry, Tom smart enough to win this game, so he's not really a threat threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could be that.
Speaker 2: But then the players get back to the Castle. Danielle's pushing the Carolyn's a Trader narrative extremely hard, but people are having a tough time believing her. And then Krishelle thinks Nicki is a trader because of a face she made in the car on the right back, but she's conflicted because it's one of her best friends in the game.
Speaker 1: Wait, she calls, like, she's my best friend. I'm like, you've known her are week? Wait, you've known her.
Speaker 2: A week and you're already throwing her under the bus when I never for one second thought that Nicky was a trader or happy like a trader. I don't know. And then many other players decide they also suspect Nicki. I mean, it's funny how much Krishelle and Sandoval hate each other when they're both the worst players in this game.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and Krishelle can fight in In Boston, Robb shows how good Boston Robb is, Like he's good at manipulation for sure, because he's believing him.
Speaker 2: Well, he's like pretty chill and kind of laid back and seems like a good advice giver.
Speaker 1: And to keep going after that Coffin theory, I think it's a little bit too predictable and like.
Speaker 2: I'm over it. The Coffin episode feels like sixty four episodes ago and nothing's happened. But it's time for the round table. And iv Aar who I always forgets on the show until we have a round table. He asked Rob to defend himself after his conviction of Bob the drag Queen last night. People believe Rob's lies. Nicky and Sierra start going after one another. Krishelle starts tearing up because she accuses Nicki of being a trader in front of everyone, and then Bob Harper turns the tables back on Rob. He knows him as a player and knows him to make big moves like voting out another trader. It's almost unanimous. Yeah, Krishelle and Gabby cry when they write her name down. Nicky is voted out and obviously she's a faithful.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can tell how bad Chrishelle felt, and I could say, speaking of experience, like you don't have a lot to go off of. So if somebody's making a weird face, you're like, oh my god, even though I'm so close to her, I think she is And it's it's a very it's hard, it's really hard.
Speaker 2: After the roundtable, Chrischelle, Gabby, and Sierra are crying. After the banishment, Derek and Wes are confident that Rob is a Trader, and then Dylan tells Carolyn that Danielle is putting her name out there. Of course Carolyn is pissed, and at this point none of the Traders trust one another. So and the other thing is Sam is basically just on this show for Burell. Shots of him showering, what I mean, what else? Why is he on here? I know because he's never going to get kicked out, because.
Speaker 1: Why he has one sentence next week? One sentence And I'm like, wow, he talked.
Speaker 2: Then the Traders meet and the turret. On episode six, Carolyn calls Danielle out for trying to get her banished. Danielle denies it. Rob tries to remind them that they need to work together, but Carolyn doesn't trust either of them, which she shouldn't, and then the only people she actually wants to murder are the two of them. Danielle says they are like a family, and he tells Carolyn she'll make things right tomorrow. Tonight it's between Ivar Wes and Bob h The Traders give each other a hug despite the tension between them, and then Carolyn admits she can take things personally sometimes.
Speaker 1: I think Danielle thinks she's way better than she truly is, Like as a gamer. She thought she convinced Carolyn, but Carolyn isn't falling for it.
Speaker 2: No, but everyone meeting in the turret kind of feels like a mini Housewives reunion every time.
Speaker 1: I don't get dressed like that.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're Jenna Lyons, you can. Right then everyone arrives at breakfast. Sierra is suspicious of both Danielle and Rob as traders. Derek believes if Rob is a truth faithful, he would have been murdered tonight. As soon as Rob walks through that door. He knows Rob is a trader.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like, all of a sudden, like we're not seeing much of Like we're not like, where's Zach Effron's brother these days?
Speaker 1: We didn't get a lot of him this episode or last episode.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's smart. I like him. I don't want him to leave.
Speaker 2: I don't want him to go. I want to see it more of him. Though. Then Bob h was the murder victim last night. Danielle cries again for sure, No really, Danielle hates that she murdered him, but she feels like she needs to give Rob the power. Do you think they made the right decision murdering me?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I do, because I think that he was smart enough that he was on to Rob right. And I think, you know, I don't know, but Sierra's picker is starting to be correct, so she might be going pretty soon too. I mean, I really wish they would just murder Sam because just a waste of space at this point.
Speaker 2: He doesn't why I murder him.
Speaker 1: He's just there, well, I know, wearing headbounds.
Speaker 2: Then everyone discusses strategy after breakfast, and Tom sanval is convinced that Dolores is a trader.
Speaker 1: Oh Tommy boy, you're barking up the wrong tree. She will eat you alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then Brittany is sick of his crazy theories. I mean both Britney's even Britney Spears, who isn't watching this shit? She's sick of it.
Speaker 1: Do you think Britney Spears is watching?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think No, I don't. Do you think she's gonna come on the pod and we could talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's ask her, Brittany.
Speaker 2: Then Bob is throwing out Wes's name and then direct Derek and Wes are working together to get Rob banished, and then Britney tells Carolyn that she knows she threw her name out, but Carolyn didn't do that. She knows it was Danielle who told her that.
Speaker 1: I love Dolores's comment. I hate to say it. I don't think Tom had a lot of attention in his younger years.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tom is so confidently and correct all the time, and his face is always yeah. I'm like, I miss when you were pitting out and not saying anything.
Speaker 1: I don't miss that at all, not saying anything. I don't want to see your pits.
Speaker 2: But then at the mission today there's a giant trader in the middle of the field. They have an opportunity to win thirty thousand by collecting enough gunpowder to destroy the twenty four foot trader, but everyone prioritizes getting a shield before retrieving gunpowder to win the money. Carolyn, Dylan, and Crosseelle receive shields. Derek isn't thrilled about this because he tried to do rock paper scissors and he lost. And then at.
Speaker 1: Least they at least they tried. They talked it out amongst themselves. How would you feel if somebody just grabbed the shield without even talking as a team.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't like that either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you're not a team player, and that's like you don't want to put that energy out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you're that selfish. Yeah, I mean, even though everyone is that selfish, you want to at least pretend you're not. But then everyone then Carolyn, Dylan, and Kroschelle after they received shields, Gabby tells Carolyn that Danielle is the one who's been setting her up. Carolyn is extremely pissed. She wants Danielle out. The players collect enough gunpowder to topple the trader they won, Like, I don't know, I think thirty thousand dollars. I'm like, it would take fifteen minutes of less challenge and fifteen more minutes of round table.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: I'm more entertained by the round table, yeah, than I am by these challenges, because I'm like, what, oh, okay, okay. And then back at the castle, everyone's strategizing for the round table. Derek and Wes are aiming hard for Rob, while Rob is trying to plant seeds for Wes. Carolyn is also planning Danielle's name to get revenge, and then Krishelle warns Rob that his name is being thrown out like Chrishelle.
Speaker 1: But Boston. Rob is a good manipulator, so Krischelle, she's clearly fooled by him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but know what Chrishelle does. Well, she's a really good dresser.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah she is.
Speaker 2: She really cute, She's really cute. Then it's time for the round table. Dolores starts by addressing Sandoval's accusations against her. Sandoval embarrasses himself by providing dumb theories, and then Derek provides his case against Rob, but Rob comes back at him with a really good defense and he calls out Wes in the process. Wes's case against Rob is absolutely right, but people are going to go against him regardless because of his delivery.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Wes was too aggressive throughout the show?
Speaker 2: I did, I thought, especially at this roundtable.
Speaker 1: I mean, he definitely wasn't doing himself any favors. Try I mean to find himself.
Speaker 2: I think it's one thing to be aggressive, but it's another thing to be aggressive and like overly confident and like kind of a dick. And I think he did all of those things. So like, why would you want him to stay? It's like, Oh, you're the best game player that ever lived. I'm like on a show I didn't watch because there was forty.
Speaker 1: Seasons pan out very well for him. Well, it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: It didn't work out. But Wes messed up saying he has his on anyone who votes him out tonight. That didn't work well for other people in the past. I don't know why he thought that'd be a good idea for him, especially if he's the world's best game player to ever play any games. Then Carolyn speaks up. She says Wes is a scapegoat, and she calls out Danielle for being a trader.
Speaker 1: Loom big move Ben was a very big move.
Speaker 2: No one believes her, though. She starts to cry when making her case against Danielle and tells everyone that Jeremy warned her. Then it's time to vote, and the deciding factor of whether or not they will go to a tie or if Wes will be banished is based on Ciarra. Then she said she voted for Wes and he is a faithful He ends his speech with you guys with.
Speaker 1: A middle finger too right.
Speaker 2: You know what Wes is just a class act and so he's very classy, just keeping a classy Wes round table. Things get messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rob got through it by the skin of his teeth. But I don't think that Rob's going to be there next week.
Speaker 2: You don't. I think Daniel and Carolyn might like pull each other's eyelashes out, and one of them is going to go home before Rob.
Speaker 1: We'll see, should we make a bet on it?
Speaker 2: No? I don't pay off my bed, so why would we waste our time borrowed clothes? No, you don't either, so then I don't. Then Britney pulls Derek aside to yell at him for lying to her, and then he accuses her of being a trader. Now the traders have to meet in the turret, and it's going to get awkward.
Speaker 1: But you know, after watching the season so far, I've come to realize that being a gamer doesn't necessarily have mean you have an advantage on the show.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. Let I mean you've got to be a better liar to be a housewife. Yeah, I'm manipulator, manipulator, chess player, whatever you want to call it. And then now the traders, you know, they meet in the turret. Every single one of them is against one another. Rob doesn't know what to do, and Carolyn says they just need to go after Danielle. Danielle says she's going to fight back and has evidence against Carolyn that she'll.
Speaker 1: Use, Danielle saying, I don't want to murder anybody besides you two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, these Traders are messier than like a Housewives cast trip after a couple espresso, Martinez.
Speaker 1: Right, It is making for an interesting twist to this season because you know, obviously they're going to bring in some new traders I would imagine here pretty soon. Yeah, but to see them arguing, we haven't seen that yet, so it's a little bit of a new twist that is true.
Speaker 2: Then coming up, Alan reveals that the Traders will be committing their murder face to face with their next victim. At this point, which trader do you think is playing the best game?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I mean Rob plays a big game, good game, but I think now people are onto him.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is Rob's the most likable.
Speaker 1: He is, yes, Carolyn, No, Danielle, I don't remember that anybody really suspects her.
Speaker 2: Right, m I mean I think Delores did for a little bit.
Speaker 1: And then Carolyn. She's so quirky that the only one putting her name out there is her fellow trader.
Speaker 2: Right. But this is all going to backfire because I think the other Brittany, I think she's like getting onto it. I think she's been quiet, but I think she's been quietly watching what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to see Sam talk at the round table what next week's episode? Week? It was like one sentence, what do you say? I can't remember? That's how That's how it was. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I gotta say I love Traders. I love watching it. I'm curious who which traders are going to take each other down next because I feel like the faithfuls like it's pretty clear who the traders are.
Speaker 1: They need to get a trader out next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do, and I think they will.
Speaker 1: I think they will too. Bye, rob Bye.
Speaker 2: I hope we say bye Danielle, but we'll see. Yeah. But thanks Tom, love you, love you