Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Mollie is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Raef. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and see if I'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Mollie, how long has it been since you heard from Raefe?
Speaker 3: It's been like ninetyays, so.
Speaker 4: Not terrible, but like long enough that I'm, you know, kind of wondering where he's got.
Speaker 1: Totally Yeah, when was the last time you hit him up?
Speaker 3: Two days ago? I?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I'll tell you My statement to him will make sense when I tell you what the date was.
Speaker 3: But okay, I asked me if he was feeling like a Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Asked mith he was feeling like a winner, because I thought that was flirty in context, and I haven't heard anything back nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, he wasn't feeling like a winner.
Speaker 5: You probably tell me tell us a little bit about the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, the date I thought was great. We went to this retro arcade bar.
Speaker 4: It was like totally eighty them kind of stranger things vibe but with alcohol.
Speaker 3: But we were in like full competition.
Speaker 4: Mode and I bodied him in ski ball, like absolutely absolutely crushed him. There was maybe some light trash talk and maybe call him Grandpa hands when he missed them one hundred hole, but I thought it was flirty. He laughed at the time, and then we shared a giant pressol and he wiped mustard off my face.
Speaker 3: So I thought he was going to kiss me.
Speaker 6: I was like, okay, kiss me now, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: But we did slow dance next to the DDR machine, so it felt kind of like weirdly romantic. Is that stupid?
Speaker 1: Not at all fun? I mean that feels like he was vibing with you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody else played Celine Dion Machine on DDR, which is a weird pick, but we slowed danced to that, and he was just really funny. I thought them through thing was cute, and like, I thought we were having fun playing the game, So I don't know, I was.
Speaker 3: I thought it went great. I really had a great time.
Speaker 1: So why do you think he's ghosting you? Then?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I thought about this a lot, and there was one moment where I kind of tried to do like a sexy lean While I was talking to him, I was like playing with my hair and I leaned against this life sized sonic the hedgehog statue, and I kind of knocked it completely over on the mountain.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well, do you think that would be why he would ghost you?
Speaker 3: It's the only thing I could think of.
Speaker 4: It made like a really loud crash, like I feel like it the a light flickered.
Speaker 3: A guy yelled at me. It was like, I don't know if.
Speaker 4: He worked there, if he was just nearby, but I'm wondering if I like embarrassed him or something. I feel like I feel like we left shortly after that, so it was just like a weird shift in the energy.
Speaker 1: What was he doing when you did that? Was he trying to help you up? Was he like, are you okay? Did he walk away?
Speaker 3: He didn't walk away, but he was just kind of I think he was shocked.
Speaker 4: And we were just kind of standing there and looking around stupidly, and a guy who worked there ended up like coming over and kicking it up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: I apologize to him and he was like, oh my god, it's totally fine.
Speaker 6: But we left not that long after that, So that's.
Speaker 3: Like the only thing I can think of.
Speaker 1: I really hope it's not that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, we'll check it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 5: Okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get your first a follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Mollie is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Raife. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But before we do that, Molly, rush our memory on your date real quick.
Speaker 4: We went to this like eighties themed retro bar arcade situation.
Speaker 6: And I played a bunch.
Speaker 4: We played a bunch of games and I thought it went really well. But then I knocked over a gigantic sonic the Hedgehog statue and you made a big noise, and I think that's maybe why you's ghosting me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that would be weird to get ghosted for knocking over a sonic the Hedgehog.
Speaker 1: I mean it's embarrassing, but I just feel like you would have been like, oh, it's okay, all right?
Speaker 5: Are you ready for us to call him? Yeah, I'm right, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Him.
Speaker 2: I speak to Race please. Oh hey, Rafe, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewel Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Rafe, I'm Nina.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Juble. What's up?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: Have a coin?
Speaker 5: Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Just a break?
Speaker 5: No, it's not have you ever listened to the show before.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've seen the prank phone calls on a TikTok so is that okay?
Speaker 2: No, this is not a prank phone call. We actually do another segment on the show. It's called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go on a day with somebody and you ghost them, that person can have us call you to ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 5: And we got an email about you.
Speaker 3: Is this about Molly?
Speaker 5: Yes it is. It's about Molly.
Speaker 2: Molly emailed us, told us a little bit about your date, said she really liked you, but she's confused because it's been over nine days and you haven't talked to her, and she's wondering, why would you mind telling us.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know this sounds crazy.
Speaker 7: I'm ghosting her because she beat me in every single game.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, but why are you ghosting her though?
Speaker 7: I mean, look, I'm not saying I need to like win all the time or something, but I lost all air hockey pat band and somehow she got the high score on on Time Crisis for eating nachos.
Speaker 3: I mean it was intang oho.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds impressive, though, Rafe.
Speaker 7: I mean she annihilated me. I mean it was crazy. Every time I tried to make this comeback, she'd give me this little kitty like awe noise.
Speaker 3: I mean I've heard in my.
Speaker 2: Sleep devastated you that much that she beat you at all the games that you guys played.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you know, I'm not trying to be like her ego about it, but I mean she was calling me where if the roudeem was after I didn't get like a single prize from the you know, the claw machine thing that's like impossible to wear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know that nicknames like six with you.
Speaker 7: I've already get made fun of for my name enough, so getting that tagged onto it.
Speaker 5: No, you know, so you are hurt by it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was. I am mad about it, like she you should It shouldn't. A date should be this insane competition like you should be. You know, we're not actually trying to like beat each other so badly at these games.
Speaker 3: We should let me win a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well, thank you for telling us why you're Ghostinger and rape. I'll let you know that she's actually on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: You really ghosted me because I'm better at Steve ball?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're you're here?
Speaker 4: Were you actually scared off by a woman who can multitask nahouts and a game?
Speaker 3: I wasn't prepared for your your raw, terrifying talent. Okay, I mean I thought we were having a good time.
Speaker 4: You could have just asked asked me for a rematch instead of like vanishing into the arcade missed like a sore loser ninja or something.
Speaker 7: Oh see right there, what sore loser ninja like full of names for me?
Speaker 4: I was just I thought we were I thought we were ribbing. I'm sorry it was supposed to be. Maybe I'm bad at flirting. You thought that was flirting. You thought that humiliated me? In this arcade in front of all these kids, was flirting.
Speaker 3: Not the kids, I really I do.
Speaker 4: I do feel bad that I hurt your feelings, I really do. I didn't mean to like roast you hard enough. I didn't think you were going to take it personally. I was just trying to be like fun.
Speaker 6: And competitive with it.
Speaker 3: But I mean I would I'll keep that in mind. I'll definitely curved. That was kind of aggressive. I'm just saying it was little.
Speaker 7: I'm usually not the I'm not trying to be like fragile or whatever.
Speaker 3: You remember that ten year old was laughing at me. I mean, yeah, I did remember. You remember that?
Speaker 7: And you remember when you you turned to him and went keep practicing.
Speaker 3: You don't end up like this guyascut.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I have all brothers, so it's just looking. I guess it's like a over compensated because I used to be the one.
Speaker 3: Who's getting to eat. I'm an only child, so.
Speaker 2: Track right, Well, Rafe, would you like another date with Molly? We'll pay for it?
Speaker 7: Uh, I don't know, I mean, why should I give you another chance? I mean that was mortifying. I'm just saying I'm not It started out fun and frivolous, but then it got you know, kind of aggressive in a way that it wasn't fun for me.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I don't think, Molly, do you think I liked you?
Speaker 4: I liked you because you were easy to talk to, you, you made me laugh, and it didn't seem like you had.
Speaker 6: To try too hard.
Speaker 4: I like went on a weird brand about clo machines at one point, and you like really listened to me, and you were even really calm when I.
Speaker 3: Knocked over that sonic statue. You didn't make it too weird knocked over you kicked it. You kick because you were piss because you off that game.
Speaker 6: I did kick it right, Come on, But I really do promise I, like I said, I have all brothers, and I think I just got.
Speaker 4: Way too competitive and aggressive with it.
Speaker 3: But I really do like you, and I don't.
Speaker 6: Have to be like this all the time.
Speaker 3: We can do something totally non competitive and hill if you wanted to.
Speaker 5: Go out on another date, what do you think one more try?
Speaker 7: When we were talking, you were extremely affable and really cool to talk to. Before all the video games and me getting pned in front of children.
Speaker 3: Before that, you were it was really cool. I really think we were making a connection.
Speaker 7: Sincerely, so yeah, yeah, I would go for a second date.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 7: I know I messed up, but maybe being a little too sensitive and you know, I let way too much time go by, and you know, I feel dumb about reaching back out like I was gonna be like, hey, remember me, remember when I rage quit speopball?
Speaker 5: How could you forget?
Speaker 3: That makes me really glad to.
Speaker 4: Hear I really like you too, so game willing to give me a second chance?
Speaker 2: Congratulations, you got another day, no game game.
Speaker 3: Maybe this time we can try
Speaker 4: Something more your speed, well, like stay home and watch a Hallmark movie or something Emotionalle's First Day to follow up,