Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week Trend edition. Week Trend that prefer the week trend. Oh, son of a bitch that is Miles Gray, I am Jack. Oh Brian, these well, these are some of the things that are trending this Monday morning. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Miles?
Speaker 1: Doing great?
Speaker 3: Okay, just walk away as you ask me a question, But sure, I'm doing great.
Speaker 2: It's Monday. It's oh no.
Speaker 1: You're doing that handsome d You're handsome danding.
Speaker 3: Me bro uh huh uh huh Okay, well check it out. Okay, oh wow, check it out.
Speaker 1: You play like some drops in there.
Speaker 3: I think it's because they start cursing and he's like, oh well and he like has to get like the soundbourg going hairy sheer classic role. Yeah, just just dude, I wish I had something excited. I went to like a baby, went to a baby's birthday.
Speaker 2: Uh then what else did I do? Hung out with my with her Majesty's like Mom's X, like someone that her mom had dated like way back, who like they're very close. So I did have no other way to describe it.
Speaker 3: But he was like in town, so we like met up with him and it's always interesting to just like it's always interesting to see like someone who's like a non family member give a perspective on like what your partner was like as a kid. Oh interesting yeah yeah yeah yeah, but very fun time, very fun time. I wish I had done more. I wish I had gotten to see Done too. I'm I'm going to maybe sneak out Friday morning to try and do that or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's on my got to see Dune too. I saw a problem? Did I tell you that now? Julio Torres? Yeah, how was that really good? If you like Lost of Spookies, I mean it's not the same.
Speaker 2: But Julio Torres is amazing.
Speaker 1: Julio tore is incredible. That's a that's a great movie. One of my favorite Tilda Swinton performances. And I heard Tilda Swinton.
Speaker 2: And Bobby's in it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I turned to my wife we went for date night, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, that's Riza.
Speaker 1: That's like my favorite I think, but he's listed as Rizza just really yeah, yeah he's not anymore. I was like, that's my favorite music and then like it cut and like got really quiet, and I was like, one of my favorite musicians in the whole theater, and everyone's like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: They're like, we get it.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, he's cousins with old dirty Bastard and Jizz the Genius.
Speaker 1: I just keep going, just reading off as Wikipedia page.
Speaker 4: But anyway, also it's crazy his name's Bobby in this he went by Bobby Digital as his moniker after you know, the height of Wu Tang, and then his character in this is also called Bobby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the one thing I knew was that Rizza was playing a character named Bobby in that movie.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, this is tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even the tight thing about it, but that would be rough if it was. Anyways, I highly recommend that before we get into the news to tell people what.
Speaker 2: Is training we do like to, you know, let him get to.
Speaker 1: Know us a little bit better, tell them home, what's something we think is overrated? Underrated?
Speaker 2: You want to kick us off?
Speaker 3: Was overwear and our underwear? Let's see were my overwear? And then again, I know, I said I went to a babies party this weekend. This is not I'm not referencing this, okay, not because it was a very normal It was a very normal party. Dissure it was at travel Town, which is a easy Oh yeah, that's an easy babies party, yeah, because it's run by the Park Service, and you get in a little old train car or a picnic area and you can walk around big train.
Speaker 1: Travel Town is like this little section of Griffith Park, like our Central Park basically in Los Angeles, and there's just a bunch of old trains there that you can ron around in that are yeah, totally rot and rusting up, very little upkeep. I think there's like two people who like do it as a hobby to like keep it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then there's a little train that runs around the premises.
Speaker 2: And I've been doing that since I were a little one. Were you, Oh yeah, that shit's been around.
Speaker 3: I used to fucking beg my fucking mom to take me to travel Town all the fucking time.
Speaker 2: And we were by JANKI. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you remember like those old souvenir machines that were just like platic plastic injection molding toys.
Speaker 2: Like you'd be like, I want a train, and like.
Speaker 3: The machine literally just uses like an injection molding plastic thing to just ship out like a warm, plastic hollow train.
Speaker 2: Toy like as in the eighties and seventies.
Speaker 1: I feel like anyway to that party was I just I had this conversation over the weekend where I remember shrinky dinks.
Speaker 2: You oh yeah, oh yeah, I was so I.
Speaker 1: Was trying to remember what, you know. I was like, were they called shrinky dinks? They couldn't have been called shrinky dinks. Looked it up. They were called shrinky drink. And the example that I found on Reddit was a Mister T shrinky dink that the packaging just had like a jpeg of Mister T and then like an arrow and then just that jpeg shrunk down to like forty and like that was their pitch, like it's just big, big, but now shrink T, which is just like, man, we were so bored. We were so bored.
Speaker 3: Was he the toughest black man that America fell in love with? I mean, I mean, like, dude was like, hey, I'm mister T.
Speaker 2: I pitied it for.
Speaker 1: We were like, yeah, yeah, he should have cereals for babies. You should tell my kids to beat their vegetables.
Speaker 3: You know, because now, like I wonder if they're like, you know, like fifty serious, like that would at the same level, but like you know, he had all them chains.
Speaker 2: On what what made safe? He had something and.
Speaker 1: He always like kind of steered things towards children and like, wait, I think he had a movie where he's like helping out a kid's club or something like that. And yeah, he was just child child's entertainer who was also I loved him too, Took. Yeah, I loved mister t My mom met him once at a Knicks game. Well, my dad was an assistant for the Knicks, and it was like the most secondhand starstruck I've ever been in, the most starstruck my mom's ever been. Like he was. He was there, he was like drinking out of a golden chalice, like.
Speaker 2: At the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, alcohol, No, no, no, I don't well, I don't know, maybe possibly, I mean when you're missed the tea and like eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like, did you drink it? Straight up? Moonshine couldn't even bring that shit in the arena.
Speaker 3: But anyway, all that say is so I like this party, and as someone who just celebrated their baby's first birthday, did it at a park like low Steaks, Low Steaks, I think it's more I think it's overrated because I guess so I've seen I've not been invited to in these parties, but I see on the internet, like people I went to high school with and shit and other acquaintances having blowout, fucking extravaganzas for a baby who cannot Yeah, no for real, it's like that, and it's like yeah and sick freedom. Bro Roy brought in their fucking tigers and the kids could ride them.
Speaker 2: I don't worry, they're really sedated.
Speaker 3: But like seeing just seeing people spend that much money, Like I get it because at that point, it's not about the baby.
Speaker 2: That's not you. That's stunt on everybody. Be like, look what I did for my one year old baby.
Speaker 3: We got a fucking we got a fon due machine, we got someone shucking oysters over here.
Speaker 1: But there's something about all that stunting for a whole year, you know, yeah, you were just at home nesting, and then it's just like there's volcanic explosion of yeah you thought I stopped.
Speaker 2: I was in the laugh this whole year.
Speaker 1: Planning, working on my personality exorbits for this birthday.
Speaker 3: Party, And like, I get it when kids are older and they can articulate, like actual interest in things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, like you know they told your kids however you want to.
Speaker 3: But there's something about these early ones that for me, I show up and I'm like, damn, like I feel under dressed, like like for a kid's birthday party is a real specific vibe.
Speaker 5: That weird experiences shit tis yeah, And so I'm like, please, let's let's just be like, hey man, these first couple of years until they can be like I like this thing.
Speaker 2: Just keep it easy to do, travel town, do the park.
Speaker 1: Do Your Swedish friend is telling me, he's like birthday parties in Sweden you drop the kids off. And I think that's how it was when I was a kid, right, Like my parents didn't have to like hang out an eight party. Yeah, I guess not at a baby's party, that's right.
Speaker 3: But like once I was like I think eight or something. I think once I was like in second grade. I think it's also this thing where people are like I want to make sure.
Speaker 2: The parents aren't over reloaded.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's kind of a thing sometimes, like bro, I'm not about to let this person fucking have to wrangle thirty seven year olds. But I think once you're like, I'm happy ten to I think ten. It was probably around the time my mom was like, yeah, right, what time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, but yeah, that's true, all right, I might just be in that sweet spot where I'm getting the idea that my kids are ready before they are.
Speaker 2: Right, all right.
Speaker 1: My overrated is how entertaining and like dramatically entertaining the US court system is. So I've been watching American court dramas my whole life, right, assuming that this is as good as we could have it. And then I saw Anatomy of a Fall late last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I can't.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's like the movie I can't shake, Like I can't stop like thinking about it, Like there's just so many great things. But it's about a murder trial that happens in France, and I guess I had just never been inside another nation's courtroom for a murder trial. I don't.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was, but it was like, you know, you ever watch the videos of like Parliament in the UK, and it's like they're battle wrapping each other, just like insulting each other, and everyone's like, oh.
Speaker 2: E's standing on their side, and they're like you doth protest too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa, I can't speak to how realistic every detail is. There's definitely some debate online about like you actually couldn't do this in a French court, but like just generally they're the thing that everybody agrees on is like you know, you're you don't have to like call a witness for someone to speak in court, Like the lawyer can be like talking to one person, and then the accused would be like wait a second and like pop in with like their opinion on what that person is saying, and it's just like they just straight up like interrupt each other. You don't have to. It's not like your witness, your honor. It's just such a better and messier fucking product. It's like so entertaining.
Speaker 2: We could be like I'm sorry, you're honored. That's fucking cap Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They basically put on a little play like the court is audience, which is appropriate because these are messy bitches who love drama in both the Real Housewives sense and the sense that they seem to be recreating a mammot.
Speaker 2: Play man, Like are judicial systems already such a joke? Like why are we? Why are we bothering with the decora.
Speaker 1: Man, right, It's just it's because, yeah, I started looking up. I was like, is there's better? Is their system better? And it's just slightly better than ours. Our system like ranks pretty low on like there's this World Justice Project thing where they rank all the different like nations judicial systems, and we're like, I don't know, twenty eight on the criminal justice segment and like for or like dead last for like how wealthy our country is, Like we just have a terrible justice system and like but they're just like one in front of us. So it's and then overall, like their justice systems like twenty one compared to our twenty six, or like their rule on a like ranking of rule of law, they're like twenty one compared to our twenty six. But it just I don't know, it gives the impression of like being more indulgent to like what we want to see with And I'm sure it's like I'm sure all the protections and like dryness of the US court system was put in place by the people in power because they don't want like chaos anywhere near a court room, right, Like they want to be able to like perfectly prepare their arguments and like use their financial advantage to you know, like build up a case. And this is just chaos. It's so imagine that.
Speaker 2: Imagine that civil fraud lawsuit Trump was in with French court rules, right, yeah, no, you're like, bro, you have to shut the fuck.
Speaker 1: I mean, he would probably do better. Yeah, that's how saying they didn't have to do You wouldn't have to shut the fuck up in French court.
Speaker 2: But I guess, however, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's a mechanism that you can you know, make sure that respect is you know, there is respect being paid in whatever direction it has to be, then yeah, I guess, go for it. But if it's truly like yeah, man, it's no holds barred kind of in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like the people's court a little bit, but just a little bit more I don't know, formal and also like pulling different people in from different places in the courtroom and like the yeah, like they're just able to speculate wildly. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, and I don't know about I don't know enough about our system to know if like that's if like yeah, stuff's really illegal, or if it's it's just a thing that they say in courtroom dramas where they're like speculation, you're honor.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean I've only been on trial for murder twice, and yeah, I was just kind of zomked out on pills the whole time.
Speaker 1: It was the case that they gave you, and it was.
Speaker 3: The case they gave me, and I was just like I I was just looking for some flip flops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look.
Speaker 3: I The one thing I do like is because I watch a lot of like UK TV and stuff, like, I just love that they got to wear the wigs and wigs are crazy because then it's sort of like, yo, let's not fuck, let's not be stupid in here, bro, we have our wigs on.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean, like their own little pageantry where I think the prosecution is like in a red robe, which is I don't know, it gives all sorts of like weird like ingmar Bergmann vibes. Like the costuming is very like kind of surreal. But yeah, and then I don't know, like the lawyers are just really throwing just bar you know, just fucking going at each other.
Speaker 3: I think we know what we're doing. This summer, we're going on trial for murder in France.
Speaker 2: Just to see. Man, I'm like, yo, dude, I think I can kind of wiggle my way out. Cut to me being like fuck, that's right. I don't speak French.
Speaker 1: We're in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: Oh on or yeah uh.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm saying from an entertainment perspective, more French court cases. Please that movie rules. Highly recommend it. The whether or not that's actually how the court works, and even if it is, it doesn't appear to work that well, but it does feel like they got the court room that we deserve, Like the US court should be more like a reality show, right, like where it's just chaotic and like there there's just a vibe there that like someone could pour a glass, like throw a glass of wine and some wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you also do believe like in French court there might be wine.
Speaker 4: You for.
Speaker 2: Wine break, wine break, wine break? All right? Yeah? Yeah? What do you got for everyone? What?
Speaker 1: What's some of these things?
Speaker 2: Underrated?
Speaker 3: Underrated? Fucking white pepper? Now for people who like cook, that's me exactly. Have you seen cream abdul Jabbar? That was Indiana State? Yeahreamp anyway, speaking of cool white basketball names, No white pepper, I'm I realized that like an Asian cooking, you use it a lot.
Speaker 2: It's not I don't.
Speaker 3: People don't use it that much in the US. It's all black pepper here. But I'm telling you white pepper is that ship. I like it for savory foods. It also like you can like you don't, you can hide the fact that you've used pepper visually because you don't have like the sort of flex of black that you have when you used black pepper, because white peppers are just black like pepper corns with the outer covering like outer sort of membrane removed skin whatever it's.
Speaker 2: Called actually what it is.
Speaker 3: But it also gives like when you cook with that ship, it gives a little bit of bite, like.
Speaker 2: Hot and sour soup, Chinese soup. Yeah, that's white pepper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, using that like in a tune, like if I make a tuna salad for like a tuna salad sandwich, egg salad, use that in an egg salad sandwich.
Speaker 2: Telling you white pepper just doesn't use.
Speaker 1: It or you like just sprinkletle on the top like.
Speaker 3: You would like, No, and I mix it in. I'm it's like an ingredient. You gotta be mixed. You're doing mixings. You're doing mixings. You're doing mixings, even for like mashed potatoes. I'm just telling you, like white pepper, get into it. Try it out. It's gonna it'll help you out. It is it. It does get it, give a little more heat. So be careful if you're like cooking it, like in a stew or something. We're gonna be cooking the pepper for a little bit with salt. Yeah, yeah, yeah, just anyway for a good prank.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My underrated is uh so one film that I'm laid on one film that I'm hopefully early on BlackBerry. Finally watched it after our writer J M McNabb has been recommending it for a full year, and it's I don't know, there was something about it that I was like, this looked like it was made for streaming or something. It is a film. It is a good movie. I think it's my favorite one of these like corporate intrigue, like real corporation biopic things since the Social Network Oh shit, okay, like especially like the fact that it came out didn't air come out this past year, or two. Yeah, Like I feel like it's vastly superior to air because it it's like on the right side of being like this is bad for people. It's critical of the system, but it also has like a pretty happy ending. Like broadly, it's like the people who get fucked and the people who do well. Like it's like in this very specific case randomly like the this is the one case where it well, it didn't work out too terribly for some of the good guys, but it's just good. There there's some funny performances. I've seen it called a comedy, and there are definitely comedic moments, but it just kind of works in general. It's a it's a good watch. I highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: Well, do like we need to maybe do like a bracket tournament of like corporate bio like flicks, Yeah, because you have like the founder or like Flaming Hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still doing the seen Flaming Hot.
Speaker 3: You got the pop tart fucking movie coming out this year.
Speaker 1: It can be hard to be at social Newerk.
Speaker 3: Wrong with the fucking what is I mean, honestly, these studios get it together. Yeah, you're doing like you're lying, like fucking verbal kint In like unusual suspects.
Speaker 2: Like you're like, oh, what's the next movie? Uh, just Stanley Cups and that's Donald's rapper.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's some interesting stories, but like God, I'm telling you, I don't need I don't give.
Speaker 2: A fuck about the pop darts story.
Speaker 1: But I'm truly all right on that one. Also, it coming soon to a theater near yours. Theater near you, there's a theater. I could tell the film was coming to third There is a filmmaker named Jeff Nichols who made Mud. You remember that movie with Doatie McConaughey. He made Take Shelter, the one where Michael Shannon really on quirks on. And he's got one coming up called The Bike Riders that is like a gangster movie set during it like early motorcycle gangs, kind of rebel without a cause mixed with like a you know, scorse the gangster movie. Yeah, but as a producer an Josy, I put it in the chat. Uh, the most important detail here is new Tom Hardy accent just dropped.
Speaker 2: That was the only thing in our group. Threat. She just said, linked to the fucking trailer New Tom Hardy accent dropped.
Speaker 1: And it is he he sounds like it's it's him doing an accent that only he.
Speaker 2: Could get away with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is straight up like when you look at old timey movies and they're like, wow, see ye yeah, little what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Little? What are you doing? Cruise him for a bruising there? I'm mister Like, it's like that kind of old timey accent. But obviously because it's him, it's like, yeah, that's right, that works.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh my god, is he for real right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got to kill it.
Speaker 1: It's like the bayin Act. That is like the first time you hear it, you're like, what the fuck is he doing? And he just commits so hard and like it's that voice occupies every fiber in his body, and you're like, man, that is. That is a weird experience watching that performance.
Speaker 3: It's because like it doesn't follow the used like arc that a cringe experience has. You first go what the fuck and then and then you go they're still doing it? Oh No, It's more like you're first like, what the fuck, Yeah, he's still whoa, He's still He's still This is kind of fucking wild.
Speaker 2: Action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like seeing with him. With any other actor, you couldn't get away with it. But it's he's able to pull off like a voice that if somebody had it in real life, you'd be like, man, if this wasn't a real person, nobody would believe this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's like such a just committed actor he can pull off if this was a real person.
Speaker 2: If this wasn't a real person, nobody believe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something about people born on September fifteenth that just have a gift out noses, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You and him and Prince Harry.
Speaker 2: But he's seventy he was born in seventy seven, so he's like he's my oj I guess Elder. Elder states, all right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back. We'll talk about the news. We'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and.
Speaker 1: A lot of news, a lot of things happening. Truck got the decision he wanted. Uh yep, Magan celebrating like the Daily Wire film just want an oscar or something? Yeah, like nine oh Trump scoreboards.
Speaker 2: Done it, done it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think this was this was clear even when like the liberal just this is we're asking some questions about like whether or not they can you know, we knew from the initial arguments are like oh, this isn't this is this is this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 2: But I like he would need to get convicted of doing.
Speaker 3: It's also just saying like that they can't that they aren't able to invoke the insurrection clause in the Constitution. So it just says again like this was also saying like, well was he convicted. There was a lot of arguments that they were asking about, like well then is it a can can a state remove someone from a federal election? Was like another complexity to it. At the end of the day, I think for a lot of the people who were like you might be off the bout, like no, it's not, it's not gonna it's not happening like that. Ever, it's you're gonna get a clean break from this fucking guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he must.
Speaker 3: He must lose the old fashioned way, you know, whether that's father time or father more ballots. Yeah, that's that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: That was a good impression on me, by the way, when you said maybe I say that you every morning when I'm like, oh, we have a Trump story.
Speaker 2: Maybe Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: But yeah, essentially they're saying like that stuff like Section three, you know around the insurrection clause, that's for Congress to enforce, not the States.
Speaker 1: So therefore Congress is going to step up.
Speaker 2: They seem cool, Yeah yeah, and then you know he was like, big win for America. Yeah, big win for America.
Speaker 1: Sean Diddy Combs is uh in the news a lot lately. For there's just some wild accusations coming.
Speaker 3: An absurd amount of accusations against him. It's been a while since we did a proper Benghazi segment, but Diddy's recent headlines they are like the whole week, we were just kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, what the fuck? Huh? And then I was like, let's see what happens Monday. So did you know Meek Mill he like crashed his hummer. He said the brakes were broken on his car. Wait what, Okay, I'll.
Speaker 3: Put a pin in that just so you know, Because I was like, there's I just don't know what's going on. Like, I mean, I know what the accusations are, but I'm like, something more is gonna have anyway. So there have always been like rumors, uh, and even conspiracy theories about the P Diddy's violent side, and also like you know, like his own there are many there have been many allegations in the past against him for sexual assault. Like you know, people have said that he was like he's he's set Tupac and Biggie up, or he blew up kid Cutty's cart, that he blew up Kitty's car, Kid cut his car. Yeah, he blew up kid cutty his car. Cutty apparently was like, yeah, yeah, he blew up my car. That came out in the cat So let's let's just take a deep breath here. So at the end of last year, these these allegations really intensified when his ex and singer Cassie filed a lawsuit alleging all kinds of horrific sexual and physical abuse. His reps at the time like it's all nonsense, and then they settled and that was that. But then a few days later, another person filed a lawsuit alleging sexual assault. Then a few days after that, another person came out with the same allegations, and then another person within a couple weeks of that, So like within the span of a month, there were four accusations against him, like ranging from like recently to like back to nineteen ninety and so when all this happened, like Hulu scrapped like a reality show that was about to happen, all these companies that were associated with him began to distance themselves. And then last week this other lawsuit came out with even darker allegations, was filed by a man that was producing on his latest album, the Love Album. Because it sounds like he was just trying to do like what Russell Simmons was doing was like suddenly be like, oh no, I'm love, Like don't don't don't listen to these allegations about name movement. Yeah, I will not leave Bali because why right, because you don't want because you might face the.
Speaker 2: Lost legal system here.
Speaker 3: But anyway, in this one, the allegations range from sexual assault like the trafficking of underage girls as well as as well as Diddy.
Speaker 2: So this is where a little gets more selacious.
Speaker 3: There's like other details in it that was claiming that he was in a romantic relationship with a Philadelphia rapper who was in a relationship with Nicki Minaja.
Speaker 2: People were like, oh, that's meek.
Speaker 3: Mill and also another performer who performed at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So other people were like, so he was with Usher too.
Speaker 3: That's like the more salacious part of it, and a lot of people focus on that rather than being like, oh, what about all the abuse stuff that's going on. So to that end, like I was saying over the weekend, meek Mill he had like he has one of those new hummers.
Speaker 2: He crashed it.
Speaker 3: He said he was knocked unconscious like in the crash, like the cars fucked up, and he said he said something like it sounded like, uh, I think you should like leave sketch because let me just let me get the actual uh what he quote? He said, GMC, the whole brake pedal slipped off my first time driving.
Speaker 2: Smh, what the fuck? And people were like what again.
Speaker 3: This caused other people to be like, are you getting are you in Diddy's sites? Why are you suddenly getting a weird crash where your break your brakes aren't working?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: That happens all the time, man, That's why you have to just ask the You have to get that as a special feature, the brake pads that don't slip off.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, So yeah, did you pay the fee to keep the brake pedal on your car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the brake pedal that doesn't slip off the first time you use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's twenty bucks a month.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, like it's it's getting to the point where, I mean, I'm not sure how much longer things can are sustainable for Diddy, like in this environment where there's all these allegations swirling around him, like because either these lawsuits are frivolous or Diddy is one of the biggest predators in music. So this is a we don't know will I mean, it's you know what I mean, like a lot of a lot of allegations, a lot of things where other people are corroborating what's being said. There was a songwriter who worked with Cassie that was corroborating some of the accusations that she had made in her lawsuit, and like, yeah, just a lot of people, like you know, many other people sharing stories that are kind of like oh yeah, yeah, so yeah, just just another it's another powerful man in music and entertainment potentially abusing that power and horrific levels. But yeah, it's just a yeah, at this point, I'm not sure how he gets out of this like even like Diagio, like the alcohol company that he like I guess makes alcohol with there, Like, dude, you cannot you will you cannot show your face in public like with these brands at all anymore, and you had to like settle with them.
Speaker 2: And these are only these are only like allegations from the last like calendar year. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's ship that goes back there were like there's a lot to shootings. They're like that have happened that, like he's been connected to that. People talk about how like even attacked like his son's coach at UCLA.
Speaker 1: Like you're just yeah, yeah, it's anyway, so that was like the character he played. Wouldn't it be wild if like get him to the Greek had two predators that were playing predators basically in the movie. Yeah anyways, Uh, just like okay, so everybody knows these people are real world monsters if we like had them do that to the the funny.
Speaker 2: Right, because I've seen I've seen him act. He's not great.
Speaker 3: Oh real, so let's lean No, I'm just saying they're like, let's lean into just their actual character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just so fucking dark.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's like also seeing how like people are being like, it's been ten years since that Ellen Degenerous Oscar selfie that like that you know, infamous selfie, and you're like Kevin Spacey in the back, You're like, damn a lot changes in ten years.
Speaker 1: That's why changes once he's in that cell. Ya Wow, all right, Well, just every once in a while I find out a thing is woke that I didn't know was woke before, and that that goes for this next story. So, basically, the city of Hoboken became a part of the Project Zero, which is basically to make city streets less or Vision zero, which are guidelines that originated in Sweden back in the nineties and are being adopted by a lot of cities.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty cool movement.
Speaker 1: The idea is basically get rid of some parking spaces near intersections to improve visibility, to change things, to make your city a little bit less focused on cars and a little bit more focused on, you know, the safety of the people who live in the city. And so Hoboken got on board with this a while back after the death of an elder woman who was killed while crossing the street and their mayor was like, we need to make a change. In twenty fifteen, and in twenty eighteen they fully committed to Vision zero and they just celebrated zero deaths, which you know is the goal in that whole time. No, so I guess they had zero death in no.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's an AP article with the headline, a New Jersey city that limited street parking hasn't had a traffic death in seven years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, in that whole time, with this one trick, with this one simple trick just for moving some parking.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's other things, one simple trick that mayors don't want you to know. Wait what but anyways, so this seems like kind of win win for everybody, right, like other than I guess fossil fuel companies, but even fossil fuel companies you would think would be like no, like fine, that's fine, we're not mad at that, Like we can't root for people to be killed like in favor of better parking. Enter Jordan Peterson, who the.
Speaker 2: Greatest thinker from North of the border.
Speaker 1: Man, I still hear like him quoted by people who like wouldn't expect to just like be they're just like yeah, oh, yeah, I heard.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people like when you're not just woefully online, you know, like some of us. It is interesting how people begin to interact with these things. And I'm like, what what you No? No, no, no, you don't listen to him? No no, no no.
Speaker 1: Soh he's you know what he's up to entering this story about a month ago, he was unable to make the case that he shouldn't be forced to take social media classes like uh. Top Court in Canada was like, hey man, you should, like you need to take social media training because the things you say are demeaning and essentially amount to bullying, and you seem to not be aware of how your words online affect people.
Speaker 2: And he was. He issued a like.
Speaker 1: I fully I fully object, and they were like overall, fuck you. You have to go to Twitter school anyways. So that's where he's at. He's like fasing, He's going facing down Twitter school. Uh Court mandated Twitter school. But so this story, for whatever reason, made him really angry. He published an angry post threatening the Woke Associated Press for its story about how Hoboken hasn't had a traffic death in seven years, which just seems I guess it's.
Speaker 2: You have become pathetic beyond comprehension at ap and the woke death will soon visit you. The what are you? What is wrong with people?
Speaker 3: That's right, it's just like woke whatever I mean woke is just kindness.
Speaker 2: Now it's like getting so broad. Like first it was like you're you're too you're too accommodating to marginalized people. And now it's like you're too considerate to people who have died needlessly in like a pedestrian verse car accident. That's too woke.
Speaker 1: Cities are for us to be able to fly through it, hummers, and we should and park wherever we want. We shouldn't have to think about the live there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well no one be nice. No one be nice to him because that would be woke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess the people like hit.
Speaker 2: Him with your car. I guess if you want is what like is already advocating.
Speaker 1: Is like an infringement of individual liberties. It's like, well, maybe those parking spaces are an infringement of our liberties to like be able to walk without dying.
Speaker 2: No, and I resent that. No, that's if you're that's woke. If you're making me consider other people.
Speaker 1: But anyways, there are major cities US cities, including New York, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Baltimore, and Portland that are integrating aspects of this program into their safety plans. So it's good news. There's like some urban design things happening. You know, we talked about the sponge, the spongefication of certain American cities and now like making them a little bit safer less designed for cars and commerce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because dude, I've recently, I've been I've seen like in the last month, I've seen too like like the aftermath of like someone on a bike getting.
Speaker 2: Hit by a car. Jesus. Yeah, like and it wasn't like too serious.
Speaker 3: I'm mean, like like the people were like sitting upright and like obviously like firefighters or paramedics are like helping them. But it is so like, yeah, as more people are out there and people are not paying attention, and especially in LA, we do not we are not designed to be friendly to pedestrians or people on bicycles. It's like, yeah, these are kind of these are small things.
Speaker 2: You can do to cut down on ship right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back and we're back. We're back and uh, the CDC has changed their COVID isolation requirements from five days to uh if I'm reading this right, just a shrug emoji. Oh right right, it used to be five days. Yeah, it's like quote, isolate at home for five days and how Yeah you vibe it out. Yeah, vibe it out. I don't know, just vibe it out, dude, you feel all right? Yeah, you get out there, get out there.
Speaker 3: It feels like it's definitely something like that was has been what was happening in Europe. Initially They're like, yo, look if you ain't got a fever, let it bang, man, Yeah, get out there. And now like that's what it looks like. They're calling it streamlined advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just feels so you were saying that it was that Europe did this first.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like when I when I was in Europe, like in maybe three years ago, two years ago, yeah, two years ago. Yeah, there were places that like the guidance was like, yeah, if you don't have a fever, then you don't have to isolate. Was kind of like the the wiz accepted wisdom there, like what if.
Speaker 2: You're coughing, it's like, oh man, you got a fever though, Right, It's like that's the.
Speaker 1: Part, right, I mean yeah, the like the thing, the detail that still sticks out to me because yeah, you like I've heard it from doctors too, Like it's like, yeah, now we're just treating it like it's the flu or really bad cold. But like last month there were still two thousand COVID deaths per week. Flu deaths are like thirty four and fifty seven for twenty eighteen nineteen, which is the last year I could find like with a quick google, but I think.
Speaker 2: They I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like, so that would be six hundred and fifty six per week, and that was a particularly bad flu season, right, so even if we're treating COVID as a flu, it's like a pretty fucking bad flu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you would raise all alarms about. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I think it's the two years. I think it's twenty eighteen twenty nineteen, not like combination of both of those years. I think they treat like flu season like NBA seasons. Yeah, like winter sports seasons where it's like because fans from.
Speaker 2: October eighteen to whatever nineteen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, like it's interesting because the CDC he hasn't altered the guidelines since twenty twenty one, and they went from back then, it was going from an isolation.
Speaker 2: Period of ten days to five days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you found out You're like, oh, is that cause sion? No, it's because quote the Delta Airlines CEO complained about disruptions and airline services.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, what look, we're you supposed to do? I think that's what all this is about.
Speaker 3: It's that we've completely just capitulated to by corporate interests and it's just like, yeah, man, like I can't it because you like, if you think about it, if you're the alternative here is to do right by people and keep and their safety. But that puts things at odds with profitability. And it's clear that the.
Speaker 2: Owner class learned a lot about being humane to people in the in the early days of the COVID lockdown too, where they're like.
Speaker 3: Dude, man, you give people too much, they're gonna start expecting like humane treatment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't give them too much time on their hands. Yeah. Yeah, that's uh wow. I mean to the it's to the point where like I've completely been like, oh, yeah, the CDC stills telling us stuff, right, I don't I thought it wasn't. I thought it completely like it just fell apart after all the attacks on it, you know, from the from the right, since the pandemic started. Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, well, hopefully this doesn't cause a huge uptick in deaths, but it's still feels like we should be treating it as Okay. This is like there are those years, you know, where they're like, okay, guys, the flu this year is really bad, Like get your flu shot, get your you know, do everything you can if you get the flu, stay home. Like this feels like we should still be treating it that way because that is what the data suggests. Like two thousand and COVID deaths per week is not a joke. No, all right, the unknown has been unmasked.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 3: The person I thought was in a Diana Rosswig, an actual woman of color, child of color, I guess, yeah. Specificteen year old sixteen year old named Felicia was like, Hey, it's just interesting how this is like the story that just for whatever I think, because it's got everything, it's got scams, it's got Ai, it's got Willy Wonka.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so it's.
Speaker 1: Just like that instruction does remind me of Stefan, the Bill Hayter character, and that does like a thing.
Speaker 2: It has everything a sixteen year old and a mirrored mask with fantastic hair.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like so over the weekend she's like, yeah, man, uh it's me. First of all, it's not some dude. I'm a sixteen year old named Felicia.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it was a shit show. It was an absolute shit show. I just like that. There's just like this one detail about she was like that basically all the other performers were hiding because it was so embarrassing, and that's why she was behind the mirror. She's just kind of like, I don't really want to be a part of this.
Speaker 3: And she was quote I was texting behind the mirror, texting my mom.
Speaker 2: Saying it was going so wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh yeah, I can I can feel that, Like you're just like, god, nobody.
Speaker 4: How is it, honey, mom? It's an absolute shit show. There's fucking they're giving kids one jelly bean each and a shot of lemonade.
Speaker 3: Oh man, hopefully I think this is probably the end of it.
Speaker 2: Right, we're not gonna I feel like that. I think might be a bit of mystery about this one.
Speaker 1: We'll see this guy like popped a bubble and then used a laser pointer to try and make it seem like there was a speck of light in the bubble. Yeah, all right, Dune too, things that weren't a shit showed. Dune two made tons of money this weekend, kind of in line with predictions. But it uh yeah, eighty one point five million domestically, and it definitely he kind of took over on it took over the meme world for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That and you can watch it in imax. Yeah, sure that that's because it's so funny, like Danny Ville.
Speaker 3: Know if he's like, oh, yeah, like I did he say something about TV's corrupting film with dialogue? Is yeah, he says all the things. It's like sound and image that is what makes cinema. Yeah, and I'm like, yeah, your movie's definitely I could that philosophy is definitely present in your film, so I can see how Yeah, I probably want to catch this one in like a larger format.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely like a lot of images that look like they could be like modernist abstract paintings. Yeah, yeah, but I don't know there there was the use the voice meme, which I guess is something that Rebecca Ferguson actually says in the film. Yeah, and I'm looking forward to hearing what that voice is.
Speaker 2: I have not seen it.
Speaker 1: Our writer JM has seen it and said he specifically feels sorry for anybody who, like so many people were wanting to see the like i'mac seventy millimeter film print that people were going to a three fifteen am showtime, and oh my god. He was like, my hat's off to anybody that somehow stayed awake for that.
Speaker 2: So three fifteen am. Yeah, I that's like when I would like back in my heyday of watching English soccer live, like the earliest time we get up is four, yeah, to watch something, but three.
Speaker 3: Fifteen, Like, and what do you do? What's your strategy for a three to fifteen movie? Like do go to bed and then wake up? Or do you just you just were like, yo, bro, we're going through the night because like the movie.
Speaker 1: Like you're like going out prop all night partying, Yeah, and then yeah, going to it before like and me, now I'm going to bed at five pm the night before and the yeah, trying to hit it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was a good one. Yeah, ten hours sleep.
Speaker 1: I was refreshing myself on yeah, just to you know, it's not as much sleep as I usually get. But yeah, sixteen year or ten, I was trying to watch Dune, like on TNT. I think there were like one of those channels was showing it and just like kind of familiarizing myself Dune. And then my five year old came in and I was like, I guess he could watch it because it's not you know, they're not going to show anything too gnarly on TNT. Like that's how I watched all the adult movies, the version. Yeah, like I watched the TV edits and he basically but then like there was a death where you know, somebody died without a mask on, and he was like, my seven year old, the Star Wars fan was like, the only death I like to see. They need to either die by laser blaster and like I don't want to see their face.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, good for you. Yeah, you know to look that to heart. You don't like the grim Ship, Yeah, exactly. Yeah, there's a lot of viral marketing stuff too, which I guess you know that that's fun for people I liked.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if this was viral marketing. But the guy who like made his own sandworm and rode rode around the Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that guy was day right ray right around your floppy old sandworm on otherboards.
Speaker 1: Like ship but also looks fun, looks like he's having a blast.
Speaker 3: But then there's like that thing where that promo for that movie theater where like the fan innis theater.
Speaker 2: Where is that like in Europe?
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not familiar with Synopolis or yeah, it's a the video in the video.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there are sinop Wow. Wait where's the closest one on Pico Rivera. I'm only comfortable with AMC and Regal. Oh wow their brands to have a monopoly. Oh they're luxury. Wow, I see this is how behind the game I am. They're they're luxury movie theaters.
Speaker 1: Oh they're the ones where you like can order dinner.
Speaker 2: Well a lot of those are doing now there's like and hour your truffle fries. They're good? Okay good? Actually sorry sorry, sorry, sorry sorry I had one more thing. Sorry Sorry to the bisk can I have my hamburger. Very well done, thank you.
Speaker 1: In the viral commercial, you know, a girl is in the desert taking photographs Sam Worm coming at she runs away, Sam Worm eats a piece of popcorn, transported to movie theater, has thing of popcorn, and who's there with her?
Speaker 3: Miles zendaiyaz whatever whatever we're saying, Zendia and and Timothy shall May Yeah, and Austin Butler and Florence Pew Are they.
Speaker 2: In the movie? Yeah? Okay, isn't he Isn't Austin Austin Butler's in this one?
Speaker 1: So it's like magical popcorn. I just quick question, uh huh how much?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fuck that popcorn bucket. I know it's not even the fuckable popcorn bucket they made. They're doing an ad for a theater chain that's focused around Dune two, right, but maybe don't make the entire premise of the ad focused on your woefully unvaginal popcorn bucket.
Speaker 2: That's the hook, point y'allah? Can you can you make a fuck bucket for popcorn?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You did? Then I'm coming to the movie theater.
Speaker 1: And this is just a standard popcorn box style popcorn bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very boring. Very boring unless you're I don't know, made of like your another parts are from rollblocks, that box at that popcorn that's working.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe that's what you're going for.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been any viral buck bucket content, not feel like I feel like this is around probably just like or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, and that which case I don't need that I want.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know, so you know, and I wouldn't know.
Speaker 3: You sound like Damian Lillard talking about how bored he is in Milwaukee's like every day I go home and I search search on YouTube the same thing, hoping for something to show up for.
Speaker 2: Like fight night or like Fight Live or whatever he talks about. Every day you go home, you're like, fuck bucket, fuck bucket anywhere. Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I would not because like my dad and I share our internet search histories via and I just don't want yeah, yeah, fair, All right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, March fourth.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: With a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing thing about white supremacy.
Speaker 2: And we will talk to you out tomorrow, but bight HM.