Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle get this. I'm coming to over forty cities across the United States, the UK, Europe and Australia to do this here Therapy Gecko Podcast Live. These shows will involve bringing folks from the audience up on stage to talk to a gecko about whatever they want, just like we do on the podcast. The shows are completely unplanned, completely unpredictable, and they will be a lot of fun. So if you're a fan of the podcast, you should definitely come out. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com and you should get them before they are sold out. That's therapy geckotour dot Com will put the link in the episode description as well. The live shows are are very fun, they're very gekoee and I hope to see you there. All right, let's get into the episode. Hi Blue Matt, what's going on?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Last Thursday I decided to do what a lot of young men do, which is masturbate. And I happen to have a seventy five year old grandmother that lives with us, who is highly religious and doesn't believe in any sexual activity, even masturbation before marriage. And she happened to walk in on me while I was doing that, and now she hasn't talked to me since.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you think she is not talking to you?
Speaker 3: She might be, Honestly, I'm thinking she might be embarrassed. She's also probably really upset because I'm not following what she believes in. I feel like she's she's had a few friends over of hers from the church group, and she uh, she kind of looks at me while whispering sometimes and then her friends look and I feel like she's talking about me.
Speaker 1: Mhm, Were you thinking about her friends while you were masturbating?
Speaker 3: No, Actually, I might as well just come out and say it. I'm actually gay. And do you know the lightsabers that they sell at Disney World.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: She walked in on me.
Speaker 1: Using it, okay, because I that's an interesting factory. Because I was going to ask after she walked in on you, did you finish?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was right there, man, I'm yeah, wait.
Speaker 1: You were right like like you were about to come.
Speaker 3: And she walked in and I was like, holy shit. She closed the door and I kind of just said fuck it in the last two seconds, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it sounds like the force is within you.
Speaker 4: Literally, it was, and I can I can completely understand why that would be something that was awkward to walk in on.
Speaker 3: I just I don't even really need to talk to her about that particular situation. But it doesn't seem like she wants to talk to me about anything else.
Speaker 1: Does a great Does your grandma know that you're gay?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: M okay, do you think that the whole that's a whole other thing, because she's very very Christian, she's by the book old school waves, She's she doesn't believe in homosexuality either.
Speaker 1: Do you think she now thinks you're gay because you were shoving a lightsaber up your ass? Not that that means anything, definitely, of course not.
Speaker 6: But definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you look, let me ask you a question. I want you to answer this honestly. Do you love your grandmother.
Speaker 4: Very much?
Speaker 7: I really do. I mean, I might not agree with everything that she believes in, but she's prod of just spent in my life, my entire life, So yeah, I do love her.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you what do you love about her?
Speaker 7: She was She's just been kind of very naturing growing up. She's always been very loving towards I guess the persona that she thinks that I am in my persona. I mean, I'm not changing everything about my personality, just kind of. She doesn't know that I'm gay.
Speaker 1: But with all that with Yeah, did you do something to your phone? You sound muffled?
Speaker 6: Does this sound better?
Speaker 1: It does? Okay, for a second, I thought you put your phone in your ass.
Speaker 3: No, No, I did turn it on speaker though that that might be an issue, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, take it take it off. Take take it off, by the way, for your sake, take it off of speaker as well. I feel like this is a decidedly private conversation that you want to have.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you love your mother. You know you love your grandmother? Uh, you love and you think that she loves what you described as the persona which you put on.
Speaker 3: When it comes to my sexuality, Yes, but literally everything else beside my sexuality is true to myself when I am around my grandmother, So she loves me for who I am, besides the people that I'm into.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you a couple of questions. So how long has it been since this happened.
Speaker 3: It was Thursday, so tomorrow it'll be a week Okay.
Speaker 1: Have you attempted to initiate any conversation with your grandmother about it?
Speaker 3: I mean, whenever I see her, I do say hey, Grandma or good morning, grandma, and she just kind of like scoffs at me and keeps on doing whatever she's doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna throw an idea out at you, and you can take you can take this to leave this idea because it's a very personal decision and thing, of course, But like you know, look, I asked you if you love your grandma, and you said yes, and you said you gave a compelling reason as to why, And I don't know. I think if I were you, let's sit down with your grandma and go, you know, look, Grandma, I love you, here's why. Tell her all the things you told me, and just really kind of try to have a conversation with her in earnest, do you know what I mean? Because if you just walk around resenting each other, then what's the point of doing that? And I think if you try to reel her into a good faith conversation, one that is born of love and genuineness, which it sounds like you have in your heart, perhaps she could be appealed to and if not, well, I don't know. That's interesting useful information to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really think that maybe if I go up to her instead of just saying hello or good morning, if I actually say, hey, Grandma, i haven't talked to you in a week, I'd really like to just maybe have a conversation with you. And if if things stay the way that they are, so be it. Maybe that might work.
Speaker 1: I think so too. I think so too.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, I'll definitely try that.
Speaker 3: I lived with my parents too, and they know that I'm gay. We just kind of kept it from my grandmother, so I feel like they'd have my back too.
Speaker 1: Honestly, when you went to the gift shop at Star wars Land, did you buy it knowing that you were going, like for the express purpose of shoving up your ass or did you buy it because it was a cool thing and then you got horny and needed something to put up your ass and you saw the lightsaber?
Speaker 3: Kind of a mixture of the both. It was more I went to the gift shop, thought it was cool, thought it was cool that you could build your own lightsaber, and then I found out that I vibrated and my imagination kind of took me to places that led me to my grandmother finding it in my ass.
Speaker 1: Mmm, you know what, I listen, listen. I hope this leads to a beautiful, healing conversation with your grandmother. And who knows, maybe that lightsaber truly, uh may give you more than than you had hoped.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much, while I really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Of course I appreciate you too. Man, anything else you want to say to the people with the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: Not to the people of the computer, but I just noticed you last this Monday, that you were a little off. I just wanted to make sure that you were doing good.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm doing great sometimes, okay, And what an honor that is to sometimes be doing great.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, Thank you for calling.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 2: O, Hi.
Speaker 1: Is this uh? You're on? You're on. It's me Hill. It's pretty psychedelic, pretty psychedelic. Look at us happening so miraculously to be on the planet Earth, on this at the same time, billions and billions of billions, billions and billions and billions of different life forms, and we we exist in such a small, small, small lifespan compared to all the amount of time that's ever existed. And how's about that we crossed paths in this way? That's pretty it's pretty psychedelic. It's pretty Why you are share in your excitement for that? What's up, Stelle? How you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm doing good? How are you get?
Speaker 1: I actually feel good? I didn't feel I felt pretty bad for this whole day, but now I feel good. This is nice?
Speaker 2: Okay are you.
Speaker 5: I'm just hanging out?
Speaker 1: Well listen, Stella. Is there anything in particular that you called into what I talk about today?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, Actually I kind of have a not I guess it's kind of a story, but it's kind of something that happened to me. And this happened two years ago, but uh, just kind of still I haven't told anybody ever, So it's like something I was just kind of wanting to get off my chest.
Speaker 1: I guess fascinating. Well, look if you're if you're cool with talking about it on a podcast, then I'd love to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I I guess I'll started off how this happened. So I had a boyfriend that I was pretty serious in living with, and we had been dating for about two and a half years, I would say. And one day I was cleaning our room and he wasn't home, and I found a pair of women's panties that weren't mine. So automatically I assumed, you know, always cheating on me, and I brought it up, and every time I brought it up, he would get really upset and he's like, I'm not cheating on you, And I don't know where those came from. And so a few months go by or whatever, and it turns out and I find out he likes to wear them for sexual pleasure, and he's a cross dresser. And he had also been wearing my high heels and my dresses around and he likes to wear makeup, and so it just kind of is kind of a shocking, shocking thing to find out that, oh, I wasn't being cheated on, but there's something weird that I wasn't aware of.
Speaker 1: Fascinating. How did you react initially to that information?
Speaker 5: I was kind of shocked. I didn't really know like what to say, because, like it just he told me when he was really drunk that he was a cross dresser and that he liked to do that when I was at home. So when he was sober. I brought it up and he was pretty embarrassed, but he's like, yeah, that's something I like to do. And then it kind of progressed on like, oh, will you do my makeup? Or will you buy me distress? Or like I'm gonna buy myself a pair of high heels, will you come with me? Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So it began as a secret that he kind of vehemently denied and wanted to keep from you, evolved into he finally admitted it, and then evolved into will you actually assist me and be a part of these endeavors, which is kind of a just kind of fascinating to me and makes sense, right because look, if this is a thing that's important to this guy, that's a part of his life that he wants to do, and you're his partner, it would make sense to me that he has this desire to want you in on it. Now, your willingness to be in on it is an entirely different is a humongous variable in this, So talk to me about that willingness or not.
Speaker 5: I love him obviously, So it's kind of hard at first because it's a little weird, but I like to try and be open minded, you know. So, and right now we're long distance, so I haven't actually gotten to buy him any shoes or do his makeup yet now. But when he comes back, we do have plans on you know, I'm going to help him pick out an outfit and then get him some shoes and make up, and then we're going to go out to eat in public. And I'm kind of nervous about this because I still haven't seen him. Yeah, so it's it's a little different. It's it's like I'm really open to it. I just I don't know how to feel about it, I guess, but I do love this person very much. And we've been together now for three years. So but the last few months have been long distance, or I guess, like the past six months have been long distance.
Speaker 1: So let me get this straight. Have you have you ever seen him in the makeup, in the dress, in.
Speaker 5: The heels only pictures?
Speaker 1: So the plan is to you see he dresses up in the makeup and the dress and the heels for the first time, and you guys go out together. Yeah, because I guess, I guess. Look, I mean, look, I guess in in in my head, just just the event of you seeing him dressed like that for the first time, is uh, it seems like it'd be pretty big. Yeah, and yeah, and the whole the whole going out in public thing also seems like it'd be pretty big. So this is the combination to it's the combination of a it's a it's a it's a double whammy of of two major things in one go, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kind of nervous. I kind of told him like I'd rather like we do it at home first and then like and then build up to the going out. So it's kind of like, I don't know, we still got to make a plan. I guess I don't know, but it is pretty pretty nerve wracking because I haven't seen him yet in that way, only pictures.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it's reasonable to, uh, you know, to want to take this one one step at a time. Tell me more about you, tell me more about your feelings about all of this, Like are you I don't know, I'd love to hear more from you about what your I don't know what your fears are, or what your reservations are, or if there are any you know, any part of this that maybe you are actively into or actively against, or I just more general feelings from you about the whole situation.
Speaker 5: Well, my first feeling was, oh my god, I'm glad he's not cheating on me, because.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought sure for.
Speaker 5: A long time, and I just kind of like kind of ignored it. I guess, like I would bring it up, but I thought he was cheating on me. So it was kind of a relief to be like, oh, he's not cheating on me, it's this this other thing. And then now it's more of like, Okay, I am like I'm bisexual, so like or like I guess I'm attracted to the person, not just the gender, so like I'm gonna love him either way. But it's also like sexually, like if this is what he wants to do in the bedroom, like I've never I mean, I've done some kinky stuff, but never like, oh, my boyfriend's gonna dress up as a girl and wear high heels and and makeup and all this stuff. So it's like it's going to be something completely new, and I'm open to it. It's kind of exciting, but it's also kind of nerve racking scary for me because I'm like, I don't know, just a little nervous about it.
Speaker 1: Tell me what an aspect about it your most Are you nervous that you won't be into it? Are you nervous that it will affect the dynamic of your relationship? Very nervous it'll affect your sex life? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Are you kind of.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm nervous that I'm not going to be into it, but I'm more nervous that it's going to be something he wants to do every time m in a sexual way. And it's like, yeah, because like he's a pretty attractive guy, Like he's he's really muscular, he's really fit, like kind of a jock. So it's just it's just kind of different.
Speaker 1: So and again, you know, the answers to the questions I'm asking you, I feel like they you know, they need, you know, trials to have actual data. And it sounds as though you are going to have these trials, but you're open, You're open to you know, experimenting with it, but you wouldn't want it to become a thing that happens every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because we have a pretty good sex life. I mean, at least I thought we did, like we do. But it's like that's something he was doing in private by himself for sexual pleasure, and it's like I don't want that to be all the time kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I know you said you haven't ever, uh talked to anyone about this.
Speaker 5: I'm yeah, I'm kind of scared too.
Speaker 1: Huh. Who would you want to talk to about this that you haven't I suppose like friends or.
Speaker 3: Well, my best.
Speaker 5: Friend is my sister, and like I kind of told her something weird was going on, but I didn't tell her to details. And also he doesn't want me to tell anybody because he's not comfortable with people knowing anything. Okay, So like I don't want to like betray his trust by like telling somebody that knows him m because it's kind of it's kind of his big secret.
Speaker 2: I guess okay, hmm mm hmmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I don't know. This is a really tough thing because you clearly care a lot about this person enough to try, right, you can always I feel like you can always make the decision to try stuff. You can't make the decision as to what you like or what you feel good about, but I feel like you can always make the decision to try. Right, so good, you know, I think it's cool that you're in love enough and open minded enough to try. But I hope that you're not afraid of the results of the trial, because those the results of the trial. The feelings there are, I feel like they're not really negotiable. You know, you like what you like or you and you don't like, you don't like right, and I'm and and those are those are matter of fact things. I assume M so and so. I wouldn't be so scared of it. You know, it's just information.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you can communicate well with him about all this stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I mean we we we communicate pretty well. And like I've told him, I'm a little nervous, but like he's like, oh, it's gonna be okay, it's going to be great, like and I'm just like, but what if it's not?
Speaker 4: Like what if it doesn't grow up?
Speaker 5: But then it's like, at the same time, if it doesn't go well, I feel like he can still do those things and by himself in private. But then it's like, I mean, I don't mind, but I also don't want to, like not be able to satisfy him sexually.
Speaker 2: If if it's.
Speaker 5: Something I can't share with him, I guess it's weird.
Speaker 1: I know, No, I don't, but I don't think any of this is weird on your side or his side, because huh, I mean, I don't know. Maybe this is a heavy thing to think about, but like, look, the I wouldn't be so afraid of the results. I wouldn't be afraid of the I would not be afraid of the results of this information because it's kind of good news no matter what, to know these things. And what I mean by that is that, look, if you find out that you're not into this stuff and he is, and you guys aren't compatible with each other in that way, that's good to know.
Speaker 8: It's always good and it's that's that's the the the the rising of that with the surfacing of that information is good for both of you, right because you both desire.
Speaker 1: To be with people who can satisfy you, So it's good for both of you. And look, if the results of the trial yield positive results and you like fucking him when he's in his uh, you know, makeup and heels and dress, that's all. That's it's also great news because now you guys can the time and be happy. So I would not be afraid of the results because it's good news no matter what. I don't know if you agree with that or if you can see that right now, but that's my feelings.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's definitely helpful.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you guys have a good communication with each other, you know, I mean, it is tough shit for both of you guys. Wait, are there any other aspects of this that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 5: No, honestly, I just wanted to tell somebody. It feels good to like just talk about it, because it's like you couldn't tell anybody in my in my personal life, but I can tell the internet. I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, Stella, good, where are you guys gonna go on your date? You can go somewhere fancy, I you know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, we haven't gotten that far. Probably somewhere nice and fancy. So I'm we're a nice dress.
Speaker 1: That's cool? Is it not nice to have somebody that you can uh pick out go shopping with?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I'm reaching for straws now Well, Stella, thank you very much for calling us anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: No, just thank you for being you and yeah, I hope everyone has a good night, take care stall, thank you bye.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: A big secret that I have is that occasionally, for my sexual pleasure I will paint my face green and dress up like a gecko. Hi.
Speaker 2: How's it going good?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm doing perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Dominic twenty one years old from Australia. No, Austria, they screwed it up there. Now I want you. I want to Auscreener wrote Austria. I said, Australia. Okay, I'm gonna take the l on that. But also every every place is the same to me.
Speaker 2: So yes, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Austria is the youngest, says you're you're the youngest therapist in the European Union and you called it to school me on psychology.
Speaker 2: Behavioral patterns.
Speaker 1: All right, hit me.
Speaker 9: Now hold on one second, I have to empty up my cigarette.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 9: You know what, it's very interesting about you as a this get the therapist.
Speaker 1: Geck, yeah, hit me.
Speaker 9: The interesting part is that there are so many these most.
Speaker 2: Of the colors that you get, at least from.
Speaker 9: What I have seen, in the last ya Maria three hours, you.
Speaker 2: Should honestly have a different job. I do not know why you do this, but it is the behavior. The behavior of these people is very similar.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can recognize that most of them.
Speaker 2: I mean the last before the Fish Guy, which was probably a Snaker's commercial, there was there were two people who had problems with either horniness onto take characters or bettering themselves by some video game of an anime figure which kills themselves. Yea, So may you may be questioning yourself, what am I doing? What am I doing with my life? Well, my kind I will tell her. What these people are doing is something that is very normal in behavioral patterns. This is like which is a good example basically the average Well, I'm assuming that most of these men are American.
Speaker 1: Now they're.
Speaker 2: The generates to an extent, They're not They're unhappy, and they're they're miserable people, and any form of physical, emotional, or behavioral affection is such a grace to them.
Speaker 1: Man, sure you get you get my point. Uh So, I guess what what are you trying to say exactly about Danny of this?
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to say is that the colors that you get are and I would never and I.
Speaker 9: Really do not understand the concept.
Speaker 2: Of this is the colors that you get are very depressing to listen to. I do not know if they're joking.
Speaker 9: I'm not assuming they're joking because.
Speaker 2: That makes you worse.
Speaker 1: Sure, but Jesus, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm not even what. Oh god, it is. It's so sad. It's very sad. Okay, it's like what, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well you're okay, So you are the the youngest therapists in the European Union. So you're you're your licensed therapist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, that's me.
Speaker 1: So you I I assume that you have you have clients, yeah, and you you have clients who come to you, and I assume tell you things that are depressing. Yes, yes, And how do you what do you make of the people that talk to you about depressing things?
Speaker 2: Well? See, this is the difference is that and most most people that are depressed is obviously men, which we can clearly see in this I hate the.
Speaker 9: Word society, but society.
Speaker 2: In our the modern era.
Speaker 9: Of civilization, men are more and more depressed due to the way that the behavior between and.
Speaker 2: Women have changed. Between social media.
Speaker 9: And this this ideology of let's stay in the little cave and watch a gecko talk to depressing Americans?
Speaker 2: And what I what I tell these people that are depressed, that are suicidal, that cut themselves, which I have to see the embarrassment in front of me, you know, I have to see their cuts. Yeah, embarrassing, and it's it's if they are they I mean, it's it's like the only thing that I can tell them is what are you doing? I mean, look at yourself for a second and question yourself. Is this the way you want to live? Do you want to be known as the ashlock that keeps on cutting himself, stays in his house twenty four seven, play some terrible games that just came out sixty year old and it's bad, it's sad.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you a question. So, how did you become the youngest therapist in the European Union? What is the process of that?
Speaker 2: Well, the process of it, and it's a little bit of bribery, but it's mostly to.
Speaker 9: Do with that I graduated very early from school.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know, yeah and yeah, so so if you're not finished, I want to let you finish. So what so Okay, So you see people, you listen to people who you know have problems. Maybe they're suicidal, or they cut themselves or you know, have have behavior problems. What is it that you have? What? What have you learned in your education and in your what things that you had to learn to become a licensed therapist? What have you learned about why people do these things? And what you in your job might be able to do to help them?
Speaker 2: That that is the well is that are at least that they're people, at least in Austria or in the in the old Europe where the old men smoke cigarettes in front of the bars and have a cafe and things like that. In this there's a very old type of psychology. You know in the movies when you sit down and you say, oh, my therapist, I'm sad. You know, they sit in one of those chairs that you have. Right, This is the kind of therapy that we are taught and it is not an effective type of therapy. And therefore many therapists in modern era have to improvise, and they have to They have to be human, they have to be social. And the only thing that I can that I can tell them, or that I can explain to a person that is depressed for example, is I mean for of course, for every situation it's different. You have to get to know a person before you know what to say, because they because the way that my at least most therapistes here in Europe were no idea about Americas. But they basically explain to.
Speaker 9: You who they are as a person.
Speaker 2: And if they do not effectively tell you the way that they think, of course, as a therapist, I have to of course calculate with my brain of course how they think, what they do. If I see how they will they behave things like that. But still what is very important is that.
Speaker 9: People think that therapy is a quick stop.
Speaker 2: And goal, like a set eleven in that neighborhood. They can just come in, grab a bag of chips and they're not hungry anymore. Sure, and that's what people expect. And when I see these people come in like I see, I saw this thirteen year old kids bipolar disorder, takes antidepressed and things like that, and they talk about different things which I can you know, say, but they clearly have problems and the biggest, really the biggest problem that there is is this this idea of self identity.
Speaker 9: Who am I? What do I want in life?
Speaker 2: Because all they see is they see these other people. They glory, they glorify other people, and they want to become this person. But it is it's like when you know those like eight year old kids that watched mister Beast, You're never going to be mister Best. I mean my father told me I was never going to be a Slatin ni Ruhimovic. You know, I'm not going to be a soccer player. Yeah, it's it's not it's not something that's capable, and they can't understand this. It's one of the points.
Speaker 1: So you feel like people are having are having this dissonance swear. They want to be something that you feel is is not within the scope of their reality, and that's bringing them unhappiness.
Speaker 2: Right because they they put themselves on such a high shelf. They put themselves on such a high shelf, and they expect themselves. Oh, if I'm not like this, then I'm not normal. And that's why I have to get my hair colors to get attention. That's why I have to cut myself because I hate myself as a person. Now this is different with everybody, but this is like a very large group, at least of I'd say this new era, the new generation of people, and my age approximately a bit younger.
Speaker 1: Well, as I'm curious about you as a person, dominic, what are what do you do? You do you have problems? I'm sure, I mean everyone has problems.
Speaker 2: What I mean I'm an I mean I'm an extreme alcoholic as most German or Austrian men are.
Speaker 1: Okay, but.
Speaker 2: Smoker of course.
Speaker 9: And when I was a teenager, you know, deal a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of drugs, but that's normal in the district.
Speaker 10: But otherwise, I mean, I myself am doing fine. I have you know, I have a girlfriend. Yeah, and it's it's all fine. I don't do anything really except for help people, because the only thing that I care about is others, not myself.
Speaker 2: Other people come first. That might be a negative, but to me it is a positive.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm hm. So when I mean so, so, when you do experience any kind of problems or issues or how you know how a smaller big they are? What how do you deal with difficult things in your life?
Speaker 2: Well, due to the way that I have been raised, I was raised by an old Jewish man, my father. That's why I speak a bit of Yiddish. That's why what the Chad says.
Speaker 9: Well, I am and I don't even know.
Speaker 2: What that means. I only know a couple of words, swear words or you know, king da Lia, things like that. He taught me the old way of thinking, the old way of how men should behave They should keep things inside on themselves, and they should be aggressive when they want.
Speaker 9: To, or they can just pent it up, you know, the old.
Speaker 2: Way, the typical stereotypical house speeder from the nineteen seventies way, I guess right.
Speaker 9: And as I like.
Speaker 2: The ideology, I like the ideology not because it because it affects other people.
Speaker 7: I like the.
Speaker 2: Ideology because it teaches a man. And this is this is something that also has died with the age.
Speaker 9: Is this idea that.
Speaker 2: A man has to keep to himself? Yeah, okay, he is to.
Speaker 9: Is to clear his own bullshit, as they say.
Speaker 3: So you.
Speaker 1: So you so you kind of take out of that, like so your father kind of told you that, like men kind of keep their feelings inside and like keep it bottled up. And that's kind of what you've been doing. And that's kind of what you've been doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And now, of course this is ruin. I think two generations of men approximately, But I think that it is a if you know how to like with a hand grenade, if you make sure that you don't set it off, it will be fine. Put it in the fridge. You know, it's not gonna hurt anybody.
Speaker 1: So so this this method for you, for you least, this this method of you know, a man, she's keeping feelings inside and and kind of grow up and all this this has worked for you and been a positive thing for you in your life.
Speaker 9: Well, I and yes, I do have to actually.
Speaker 2: Admit to something before I continue my conversation.
Speaker 9: I am inebriated as hell, so I might have said some with retardations.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. But okay, just for the context, I should have mentioned that earlier, probably, but yes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, repeat the question because I'm too forgetful to think.
Speaker 1: Okay, By the way, man, let's say I just so you know, if you don't want to talk on a podcast right now because you're drunk, I would, Oh, I.
Speaker 9: Really do not care. I mean, I have nobody knows my name anyway way, so it's fine. I mean, nobody in the world knows me except for my client.
Speaker 2: And they don't really give a shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to think of what I was asking you. I was asking you. You said that, Okay, you said your father told you that, you know, to be a man, you got to hold your feelings in and kind of very traditional masculine stuff. And I'm asking you the stuff that he told you. Has it been working for you and has it been a positive thing for you in your life?
Speaker 2: Yes, But of course with everything you have to learn. When I was a child, it was of course a problem because it was because when you were a child, you're you want to be social, you want to do things, you want to scream out to people, you want.
Speaker 9: To you know, how you behave when you're young, and that was a.
Speaker 2: Big problem because my father always told me to shut.
Speaker 9: My mouth and to never never, you know, not to not.
Speaker 2: To be a loud mouth. Yeah, and it was a problem for me for let's say, a few years. But then after a bit of self analyzing, I believe that I have perfected this method, I guess to an extent.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've you've perfected your own version of the way of being that your father taught you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that is that kind of the this the type of mythology, mythology methodology that you you uh share with your clients.
Speaker 9: M No, the because the.
Speaker 2: I'm a.
Speaker 9: I'm a very honest person.
Speaker 2: And even even I'm a therapist. Of course it's a therapist. You have to be a bit careful. You can't just say, oh, you look stupid, you should stop sucking cutting yourself. You can't just say that out loud, right.
Speaker 11: Okay, But of course you have to like jump around the fence with things and you have to say, oh, do it.
Speaker 9: Like this, do it like that? But I do not really, I'm not. I'm not like a dictator.
Speaker 2: Of a certain time in the thirties.
Speaker 9: I don't make them do things, you know, Okay, that's not what.
Speaker 1: I'm going for there, Sure, sure, sure yeah.
Speaker 2: M m hmm. I know this is a very weird call.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know why. Why do you feel like this is a weird call?
Speaker 9: No, because because it's some drunk therapist calling a gecko. I have no idea that you know what?
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, that is that is uh right apparently a little funny. Yes, I agree, yeah, huh do you feel I'm do you feel like this, this kind of the stuff that you were talking about your father teaching you from Europe? Is that like a European thing? Like from your perspective, do you feel like that's kind of a popular sentiment in Europe more so than in America.
Speaker 9: Well, my father, my father is an old man. Yeah, and he is he was he got kids when he was older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like sixty four or something. I don't even remember. But it's he has a more seventies and six era of thinking from Europe specifically, I assume, because I mean if I don't think he really watches any eighties in television in his age. So no, I do not believe that it's an American way of thinking. I believe that it because specifically, the way that that he taught me was.
Speaker 9: It was very proper, a very It's like what.
Speaker 2: The British called posh. It's like a posh way of thinking, I guess, right. Mental.
Speaker 1: So for you, like all right, so so look, I mean, you became a licensed therapist at twenty one. Well, for for you, man, what's like the what's the rest of your life look like? What do you what do you aspire towards? Well?
Speaker 9: Uh, well, what I what I mostly do is I'm an audio technica.
Speaker 2: I do not exactly know the translation an audio technique and audio take care. You're right. I repair cassette machines, record players, things like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do that like as a hobby in addition to the therapy.
Speaker 2: No, I sell it. You know. It's like the shitty knockoff version of eBay but for Austria, okay, And I do it there and stuff. It's it's fun because I have I always have seventies headphones. I have a lot of old school, old school technology everywhere. And German, of course is well built stuff. So mhm yeah, that's uh, that's most That's mostly all I do. If I'm not doing the other m hm.
Speaker 1: So you're mostly either doing your therapy or recording cassettes or not recording repairing electronics. Yeah, with your girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girlfriends multiple runs. No, I do not get any women except one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, well fascinating. Why do you say you said at the very beginning you have you don't know why I have this job. Why do you say that? And I won't be say okay.
Speaker 2: So whatevering's so into fascinating because uh in in Germany and in Austria, which is.
Speaker 9: Kind of the same thing. But you will be shocked if you say.
Speaker 11: That there's like, there's not a lot of good comedians. There's not a lot of Also, I don't know what you would call yourself, but I a bit small.
Speaker 2: Of a comedian, I guess because it is.
Speaker 9: It's it's a concept. It's a small concept. You have a little bit of a show. I do not know how big you are really, but yeah, it's so.
Speaker 2: Interesting that that's such a simple concept of some American fellows sitting on a couch talking to people with a.
Speaker 9: Hotline as if it's nineteen ninety five and I'm watching like some Christmas specials and then.
Speaker 2: It's a oh, you can call Santa if you call this number. You know, Okay, I mean it's mental, it's mental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think, yes, undeniably, undeniably a little bit, a little bit, a little bit wild of an idea for sure. May may I.
Speaker 2: Ask, May I ask something that that potentially is uh appropriate? Sure, okay, let me let me let me get the stuft turgeon with this, With this job that you have, do you get more of an appeal with women or not?
Speaker 1: Oh? You're asking. Look, I mean, the entire reason why I dress up in a in a gecko costume and paint my face green. You know, it's always been, you know, to to appeal to women. Well, I mean, from you do.
Speaker 2: Look like a bad reenactment of what's his name Jimmy Carries the Grinch?
Speaker 12: Right, Okay, I mean it's I mean, honestly, I love your enthusiasm, even with this conversation.
Speaker 9: Honestly, you're You're a good man.
Speaker 2: And I hope that even when you when you're fifty eight or whatever age.
Speaker 9: You die of plastic toxic whatever the Americans call it, you sit retired in your with a shape like a gecko, and you smoke a nice gecko shaped cigar.
Speaker 1: You know, thank you, Thank you, Dominic. I appreciate that blessing from you. I feel like I don't get a whole lot of non American callers, so it's nice to hear from you and get your perspective on.
Speaker 2: Well, you do have an American basis, a very big American basis. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, get this, I'm coming to Europe. I'm not going to I mean, I'm going to Germany. I'm not going to Uh.
Speaker 2: When you stay in Europe that that's like eight different countries. I mean we're where it's.
Speaker 1: More than eight. It's more than eight. Fucking were you Germany, Amsterdam, Sweden, Norway, all sorts of.
Speaker 2: Meetings perfect I half Swedish.
Speaker 9: That's why my accent sounds kind of fuck.
Speaker 1: Look. To be honest, I probably couldn't tell the difference between an Austrian accident and a.
Speaker 2: Sweet but yeah, it's it's such as It's like it's like when an American, because when an American says Europe, that's that's pretty like grace they of the Union. You know, it's like, oh, you know, it's just a bad taste in the mouth. That's like calling uh, Chicago the same as New York. It's like, oh, they're ridixt to each other.
Speaker 1: You know. Well, listen, it's probably like what five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't worry. Yeah it's seven twenty two am.
Speaker 9: I've been on hold since like six or five.
Speaker 2: I have not so I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, look, I'm not a real therapist, but you should probably go to I know.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I wanted to insult you little explain a little things you know a little bit of what's it called. I don't even know the name. I'm too drunk. Well, yeah, whatever it was, way do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Well, whatever it was, thanks for grace and me with it, and I'll hope you have a good rest of your morning.
Speaker 2: I'm always going to speed. I'm always going to speed. So I called the number. If you need real therapeutic facts, you know, I sure will thank you, dominic perfect like you should.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, I guess if I ever want to start a European therapy Goto branch, we have a guy. They goes on the line making your phone calls.
Speaker 12: Every nine never Beakon goes to hide. I'm just teaching your.
Speaker 4: Cloud in your life.
Speaker 12: He's not really an expert.