Speaker 1: H m hmmm, all right, have at it.
Speaker 2: Uh put anybody today.
Speaker 3: No, so you guys, you know, you guys all saw the news with Darrell Looter. Uh he was put on at A at an earlier date.
Speaker 1: To come.
Speaker 3: Now we still have physicals, but to come. Mitch Wishnowski could be a guy that that would actually go on n f I.
Speaker 1: He tweaked his back.
Speaker 3: Just lifting weights away from here, and so he may be an n FI situation, which is really the same rules as a as a pup, just.
Speaker 1: Didn't do it here.
Speaker 3: But uh, now Brooks Brooks cleared and and ready to go. Uh, he's he's been cleared. He's uh gonna be without restrictions now. Having said that, we're sticking and we're adhering to it. A plan that's been put in place for for some time, and he got after it.
Speaker 1: The last couple of days.
Speaker 3: We upped his pitch count, so it was kind of the peak of the build up and so he'll take off day one and but you know, we believe in that plan. So he's cleared without restriction. There will be some time off, you know, due to due to pitch count and all that.
Speaker 1: Sticking to the plan.
Speaker 3: But The great news is Brock has worked his tail off and he's ready to go.
Speaker 4: He will be the Kyle.
Speaker 5: Will he be the the quarterback who takes the first reps with this team? Will he be running with the first team offense?
Speaker 6: You will when he's out there. The throwing plans a little different. We're never gonna have him go three days in a row, and so like today he threw, just with his schedule from the weekend and everything. So today he threw, So tomorrow he won't practice. So the other guys will do the same thing as ot as. They'll both go with the ones and then Brock will have practices two and three to go.
Speaker 4: Then we'll take the next one off. So keep going that way.
Speaker 5: That that was cited was three months, three month ramp up program. It's in two months since he started throwing. I mean, obviously, but it's safe to say that he's ahead of schedule.
Speaker 3: You know, doctor meister, every everybody had always said, Now, remember we're just we're speaking in timelines. You know, these these are guidelines, but there's markers along the way. He's continued to hit his markers, and you know, to the point where doctor meister, doctor McAdams.
Speaker 1: They felt comfortable. Our guys felt comfortable.
Speaker 3: A lot of that's a testament to Brock and his his work work ethic.
Speaker 1: Uh, some good genes, and I think it's all good.
Speaker 7: News, Frank for when he'll be just full go, you know, three days in a row, keep going.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, But I mean, I think the goal is a couple of weeks from now. I haven't looked that far past. We won't change that until that happens, and as long as it keeps staying on the course, then I'll eventually go all the days.
Speaker 2: But we're back tomorrow a little bit at the spring where you'll alternate sham and and Trey as.
Speaker 5: With the one.
Speaker 6: Most likely we're gonna go through that this afternoon as the coaches, So that is most likely we're going to do. But hope you guys allow me to change my mind if you do it differently. But we'll make sure it's even for them, whether we split it up that one day, or we give one to one practice and the guy the next one that Brock's.
Speaker 2: Not there one day off this year this summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was our goal last year too, but the NFL had a mandatory welcome back to NFL practice.
Speaker 4: That was on our fourth day, so we didn't have a choice.
Speaker 6: So we only did four in a row the first four because of that mandatory back thing back to work, I guess that everyone did.
Speaker 4: We don't have that this time, so we're able to do three the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So look, everyone, our first everybody's reporting today. Twelve thirty is our first kind of event as a team. That will be our conditioning test, our tempo run as we call it. And you know, I've seen various players, have not seen Nick, and you know, I would expect he's not here to start off. We're working. We're having really good communication with Brian A.
Speaker 1: Rall.
Speaker 3: He's got good competent and you know, people, we have an immense amount of respect for working for him, and we're working diligently to try to come to an agreement. I think the challenges you talking about a real special player, talking about one of the better players in the league. You could argue that could simplify things, but I think at times it's just finding that sweet spot and wear the right spot, and we're committed to working towards that.
Speaker 1: Just spoke with Brian this morning. You know, we're also committed.
Speaker 3: You guys might have heard Mike Brown today, we're going to keep things private. I always appreciated that as a player, I feel like there's some sanctity those things. You don't want everything being aired out, and so we've agreed with Brian and Nick to keep our dealings private. So I think that's the extent of what I'll say, and when there's updates, we'll give them to you.
Speaker 5: Do you expect him to practice, you know, on the field, in practice with his teammates with out a new contract.
Speaker 4: I want it. That would surprise me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The mutual decision coach or team, and.
Speaker 1: We want all our players to be here.
Speaker 3: We've got a pretty good track record of having our guys here and done, you know, with contracts. So you know, like I said, this one may be perhaps a little more complex and and no timelines there. But I tell you that we're working hard, we have good communication, and we got to keep doing that, and that the interest is mutual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, players holding in.
Speaker 4: Is there an expectation that he might show.
Speaker 7: Up but then not.
Speaker 6: I think it's different in his situation because he doesn't. I forget what the fifth year option whatever, he's not getting find fifty thousand a day, so he's not in that same situation. So Trey Lance, since.
Speaker 2: He's conducted, you talk to him.
Speaker 6: Throughout his work with Jeff christians Yeah, Trey and I will FaceTime here and there over forty days away, and Trey's in a great spot. He's pumped to be back, feeling as good as he has and he had a great OTAs and really excited to get started for this.
Speaker 7: You guys tell Tray to work with Jeff Christiensen, recommend Jeff christians in or did Tray find him on his own?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he found him on his own. We never really picked who they work with. They all have different guys.
Speaker 7: You've seen out of Brock and is throwing the velocity of it, he said, he So what's what are you seeing.
Speaker 1: From him so far?
Speaker 6: Forget to see a lot because we're not out there in person with them. But I get videos sent to me all the time of my forty days away and I'm allowed to watch from my window. So I got to see that pretty good this morning.
Speaker 4: And he looks like Brock.
Speaker 6: And that's when you talking to like quarterbacks who've had this and stuff before, Like like I remember talking to Steve Berlin and he had this and it was so scary, but kind of what he told.
Speaker 4: Me is is how it usually goes.
Speaker 6: It's it's a clean thing, even though it takes a while, but they always say like six to nine months because it is clean and if everything goes right and you do all your stuff. I just remember him telling me and most likely would be like that because it was for him, and just watching broad go through and watching all the steps and the milestones that he had to get to and watch him throw every day.
Speaker 4: It looked like that.
Speaker 6: So you always thought in my mind, just so I want to be disappointed, it would take a few weeks in camp, but he always looked like he would be ready because you didn't see any setbacks and just talking to other guys that's how it ended up, and watching it on our own, I thought it would go that way, but you don't really say that. You wait to hear it from Brocken to get back and talk to him last week and just to hear how he felt, just mentally and being able to see physically he's ready to go.
Speaker 4: So we're pumped, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he deserves a ton of credit. For the work he's put in. There's a lot of people involved, doctor meister. You know, I really sent him a message today how much I appreciated him sticking to his guns. Remember the delay and the surgery would have been really easy to succumb to pressure. A lot of people whose livelihoods depended on that. He made the decision it was best for him, and ultimately I think that proved right. And you know, everybody from Ben p you'r Sin, Dustin Little who worked tirelessly, Ryan Donahue, with Brock, I think they've done him one heck of a job down to the he works with the throwing guys down in Jacksonville's been spending some time there the last few weeks, done a really really good job, and from all accounts, is doing really well.
Speaker 1: And it's it's been a cool process.
Speaker 7: To see, you know, any timelines and things like that text or anything, I didn't, but it's I knew.
Speaker 6: I remember when Nick did it and that was his last time with time with us, and just hearing how bad it was, I was like, man, he's not gonna be able to do it next year, probably in preseason, and he wasn't with us, so I didn't investigate a lot of it, but I remember watching him right there in the preseason, so I kind of had the same feeling just from his results.
Speaker 4: The word Trey's done with Jeff Christiansen.
Speaker 1: How different does he look as a thrower to you?
Speaker 4: Or does he look different?
Speaker 6: It looks healthier. I think his steed looked better. I mean, I don't I think sometimes I give. I mean, I'm not taking away anything from Jeff, but Trey has put all the work and it's awesome that he had a guy that he can.
Speaker 4: Do that stuff with.
Speaker 6: But that's that's exactly what brocked in so Sam Darnold does. I never had a quarterback who doesn't do that. They all do that. It's like golf pros. They go to work on things with their swing and stuff like that. And I think the most important time is after the season, in that March April, before OTAs, and then it's always extremely important in the forty days away.
Speaker 4: Trey's done that the last few years. He just went with a different guy.
Speaker 2: This year's city velocity on his football that you guys can tell since the surgery.
Speaker 4: I mean we're watching him from afar.
Speaker 6: I mean he's easing into it, so we're not asking we haven't seen his max velocity.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to see that yet. It'll be back to how it was.
Speaker 6: I was hoping for, like a Rookie of the Year type thing. If you see an maybe when you were younger, it was just going to come back all of a sudden, like the fastest on the planet. But I think it's going to be the same. We just we got to see him personal a little bit more out there with players and stuff.
Speaker 1: And I know the data says no, you know they had it that.
Speaker 3: You know they have the GPS where these guys all wear these days, and and uh, it's it's good.
Speaker 1: So close to the last few years.
Speaker 7: And I know there's no way to protect how long a window is open to win a championship, But how much do you guys sense that urgency to get this done with this core of players, you know.
Speaker 1: And get over the hop and win the whole thing every day?
Speaker 3: I mean every day we feel it. That's our jobs. And uh, we we've got a lot of belief in this team. That's uh, that's that's why you go get a Javon Hargrave and add him to the mix, even though we've got a lot of you know, highly compensated players, because you've got belief in this group. Without that belief in this group that we currently have, the culture, belief in this guy and his ability to lead this organization, you don't do those things. But we we have that much belief. That's what we're here for, and uh, now we got to go do it. Kyle talks a lot. His dad used to talk a lot when I played for him. All you want in this league is a chance, and not everybody has that chance. We're a team that has a chance with the way we're constructed, the way we're coached. Uh, the character in that locker room, the talent in that locker room. Now it's our players' jobs to take that ownership. It's all of our jobs to give it our best shot. We do have a chance, and you know, I think we have a really good one. I like this group as it's constructed, and there's.
Speaker 1: A lot to like. Now we got to go do it.
Speaker 4: I feel the same.
Speaker 6: I mean some one of the reasons we came here, you know, when we talked to Jed and everything, just the commitment he wanted to have him. We use as a first class organization, which is just to do everything the right way and every year to try to give yourself a chance, and it's hard to do that in this league. We felt, you know, the first two years we were here, we worked really hard to get there and I thought we did and really since year three, I felt we've been in that position every year and we feel no different this year. Usually by this time of the year, going into a camp, especially after putting everything together off season, you always feel the best you've felt compared to other years in the past. But that's that's what our goal is to be, and that's what our goal is to be next year too, and to keep doing that. But all we have is a chance, and not everyone does. And now it's what do we do with that? And that has to do with what we do going forward. How hard do we work, How hard do these guys work when they're away which allows them to, you know, us to get better in this month? How good are we in week one and how good are we in week seventeen? And what are you doing those three or two playoff games? So there's a lot that goes into it, and we like where we're at right now. But now it's time to start.
Speaker 2: We talked to Debot the last mini camp. He was pretty harsh in his self assessment on how he played last year. I think he said it was awful, and he said he'd sat down and watched film with you, and that was part of the reason that he came to that decision. In terms of his own self criticism, I'm curious how you look back at his season. Was he a disappointment last year at all, or is he just being self critical or how would.
Speaker 4: You describe it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I love I mean, I don't think Devo had to be that harsh on himself to you guys.
Speaker 4: But it was cool to watch.
Speaker 6: Debo is one of the best players in this league, and any time he doesn't play like one of the best players in this league, everyone's going to be disappointed, and including himself, and I think that was the case.
Speaker 4: It's all on A. It's all on A.
Speaker 6: It's a fine line to say that he was awful just because he wasn't one of the best players in the league. I think he was disappointed. I think he can get back to playing a little bit more like he did in twenty one. I think he took one small step back, but that doesn't mean he can take two steps forward. And where Debo was at, I think the last time you guys saw him show that his mind was right to get back to that spot. And that's what's been real cool with him in these forty days away. Just seeing him yesterday for the first time. Never had a grown man send me so many pictures with his shirt off. But it looks good and I can tell he's put the work in. So I know you guys heard him that day. That's the last time I really heard him. But I see better than I hear, and Deebo's in a really good spot and I'm really excited for Divo this year. About Tren Williams on the Extuit interviews last season, that quote he had considering retirement point, how is the off season for him?
Speaker 4: What were those conversations.
Speaker 3: Look like for you both trying He's never told us that, So I'm glad Trent's uh man, he's still playing at such a high level.
Speaker 1: He's a special player. I mean, he's a he's a rare, you know.
Speaker 3: I think to to the I played with some greats, but you think of the very you know, the SAPs that Derek Brooks. I mean, Trent is in that ilk and he's a special human being, uh, special athlete, and he's always ready and provided he's having fun and I think provided he believes that we have a chance to go compete, He's still in this thing very much. And uh, we're we're very grateful for that. He's a pro, he really is. He kind of does it quietly, but his game is not quiet at all. He he's he's a he's a unique athlete and really, over time I've gotten to know him, I think he's a unique person, you know, got some unique character to him and and so he's the total package. And when you have the total package with the guy that that much ability, you got the ability to be special. And that's exactly what he is for.
Speaker 8: Us just started this season. But as you look to twenty twenty four and the salary cap commitments that you have, is that going to be the most potentially kind of create a financial dance you'll have to do? And does any of that kind of factor into the complexity of Bosa's.
Speaker 3: Contract house, Well, we're always forecasting, you know. I'm blessed to work with some really talented people with Prague and Brian Hampton and their group, and they do a tremendous job of always looking out. That's our jobs to look out and forecast out three years and not just think about this year and yeah we had the pedal down, sure, but is it doable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we believe.
Speaker 3: You know, we budgeted for a lot of things, and we always want to stay aggressive. We want to push the limits, and we have ownership that allows us that opportunity to do it. It's some point, you know, there's some realities that have to happen, and that we're no different. Everybody plays under the same system. So that's our challenge twenty four. There will be some challenges, but but we've prepared for a lot of that and confident we can make it work and still keep our team very very competitive.
Speaker 5: Progu I out now with the Leads acquisition, he probably has to be in two places at once. So who are the other guys that really deserve kind of a spotlight here?
Speaker 3: As we you know hamp Is as we refer to him, Brian Hampton, he's you know, Brian's done a lot here for a lot of years, oftentimes behind the scenes. You know, Prague's group has been a very talented one. Jeff Diamond's another guy, Jeff Wiedenmeyer. Those are the names, but they're really good workers and collectively, you know, we can do it. Progu is going to have some responsibility with leads, but he's had that, so not a lot has changed. I guess the the the enormity of his role maybe and uh, you know, focus and attention, Prague are multitask.
Speaker 1: He does things well, and.
Speaker 3: You know, we're confident in our ability to handle these things as they come. More looters, injury and whether you need to get a replacement for.
Speaker 1: Mention, No, we don't. With Mitch. It's nothing we're concerned about long term.
Speaker 3: But you know, with a back, you want those things to quiet down before they you know, if you don't, they can become chronics. So we want to put that, put that to rest, and we don't think it's too serious now.
Speaker 1: Looter, you know, in one of the last.
Speaker 3: OTAs Hyper extended his knee, it resulted in a deep bone bruise. He's working his way back, still has a few weeks. He's a kid who really had impressed us throughout the whole draft process, but then in his work here, sharp kid, that's that's a tall order for a rookie, you know, especially not getting all the reps. We believe he's somewhat we'll see, you know, he's got to prove it. But he's uniquely equipped because he's a really he's like wise beyond you has been our experience with him.
Speaker 1: Now he's got to go do it.
Speaker 3: But and he's I can I can tell you his uh, he never left here. His focus on the rehab was was just excellent. So he's trending really well. But it's it is going to take some time, so not ideal, but that's that's where it is.
Speaker 5: It might not be different than years past, but when you have Rock, it's going to be the number one How do you work that backup situation? As far as trying to get enough reps for Trey who got all the reps last year, Trey and Sam Darnold, and then while mixing Brandon Allen in there too, is it Is it a bigger challenge this year than in years past?
Speaker 6: It is just because I mean just there's more musical chairs with just one guy not always there, gonna take some days off the fact that I was planning because I was trying to be safe that we'd have still a couple of weeks before brought came back. So the thought was always that we would just keep it going the same with Trey and I'm Sam, but I always was ready that this could happen. So the fact that this did happen is good. But you know, Brandon came on and did a really good job in OTAs, So that's to me what makes it a little bit harder how to fit in a fourth guy. But he earned that, and so that's what we're gonna have to figure out as a staff with reps and everything. The ones and twos pretty much they get the same reps, so it's not a problem with the ones and twos. The threes are the ones who don't get as much. I keep reminding Brock, you know who's might be stressed out he's missing today or something.
Speaker 4: I keep reminding him.
Speaker 6: All he got were three reps last year for a long for like the first month, So he's gonna have a lot more reps regardless of what happens this year.
Speaker 4: But that's now we got to figure.
Speaker 6: Out for the twos because Stutfeld got those mainly with the twos last year. Now we're gonna split those up with those guys, and I know that I'll bleed into the threes, but when it's said and done, hopefully it'll balance out. I know we're gonna give them all an op and that's also why those preseason games will probably be a little bit more for those guys too than they happened in the past.
Speaker 2: He gets after it during. I mean, it's pretty noticeable. I'm curious ones bring cap gits. How much do you have to sort of tone him down or is he good about backing off himself or how do you get one.
Speaker 6: Christian's very conscientious guy, like he knows everything that goes into his body. Every step he takes everything. He's a psycho in that way, in a very good way. So you don't have to worry too much about it from our standpoint, because he's pretty communicative with us.
Speaker 4: But we have a plan with him.
Speaker 6: We have a plan with a number of our guys, and usually our plans pretty good, so they.
Speaker 4: Don't sometimes he asks us for more usually, so I bet it'll play out all right.
Speaker 6: But Christian's not a guy who would ever have a problem coming and telling us.
Speaker 4: Hey, I need to shut it down for a couple of days.
Speaker 6: But the way this is the way, it's three days on, one day off, the way we high lower our reps the number of guys that you have at the positions. We've always given bet days and stuff. It's really hard to give a bet day now because they kind of the whole team has them naturally. But that's stuff that we know. We need our guys ready for the season, and it's our job in them to make sure they're ready to go in the season. Sometimes it's really tough just to get to week one. If you just get to week one, it's really tough to be.
Speaker 4: There in week four. So we've got to make sure to build these guys the right way.
Speaker 6: And when you have a guy like Christian who did OTA's the way he did the way he does really probably every single day except for probably three weeks right after the season, you don't worry about it too much. You don't have to do as much on them in training camp.
Speaker 2: Field during minichamp.
Speaker 8: Drake green Law, Juan Jennings, any updates on them, Elijah Mitchell.
Speaker 6: They're all we haven't got it from everyone, but we've talked about everyone so far that we think are the only possibilities at pups, So all those guys should be good.
Speaker 4: That's what everyone's going through their physicals now. So it's not finalized, but there's.
Speaker 6: No one on our mind that we're expecting not to be ready that we haven't mentioned.
Speaker 8: This is too touchy feely, but in the last you know, three of the last four years, the way the season has ended, like wrest the boulder almost all the way up there. All I mean, is it something you have to discuss with the team, like some sort of psychological toll like something, you know, it's kind of kind of moly there that you need to address, or you just.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, you kys like go to two years ago.
Speaker 6: I'd like to address doing better on second one and third and one so we don't give the ball back to the Rams and then if we do, maybe catch that pick or don't give that whole shot down the middle. The last game, I think we all kind of know how that went. So those things we got to get better and get to that point at our goal is to make the playoffs, and then our goal is to have two games at home. Because we all know what everyone's ultimate goal is and so we kind of look at it in that stride. But to sit there and make some mental thing out of stuff, I don't think it has been a mental thing.
Speaker 4: I think we've had our opportunities.
Speaker 6: That last game last year was a little bit different just because of the situation that none of us had experienced, just playing that whole half without a quarterback. We knew the year before there was things we had to get better to finish.
Speaker 4: I felt like we did.
Speaker 6: We got to make sure we get back to at least where we were last year, and we got to take steps forward to get better.
Speaker 4: But no, we don't make too much of a deal out of that stuff.
Speaker 6: I think I like it because our players have experience doing that stuff. It wasn't there's not many guys here from twenty nineteen. There's we lost a lot of guys here were last year, But there's so many people in our building that have been in an NFC championship game or Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: And once you do do that, you know how different the NFL is.
Speaker 6: Like I felt bad for guys like Ayuk and stuff for their rookie years or the COVID year, and all they got to see were no fans in the stands, and we didn't have.
Speaker 4: The best record and we had to live in a hotel for.
Speaker 6: A month, and they don't get the passion quite the same. Almost every guy on our team has felt that passion getting that close, and that's to me, what makes the offense the offseason so much better. That's why guys work differently and stuff, because when you get close, it usually makes you stronger. I think, if you're willing to go through it again. It's a long road to get there, and that's why we got to do stuff in the eat season. But when you get close, you usually get stronger if you can handle it the right way.
Speaker 1: Thanks, all right, thank you, all right, thanks, Yes,