Speaker 1: Hello, bian Benidos is snippisodio to this episode of Cheese and Show. You guys. I hope you all are having a great week and having a great day, and just be careful if you're driving and listening to my podcast, but thank you for listening. If you're cleaning the house that be in. There's gonna be a fun one, you guys. This is gonna be a fun episode. People always ask me about my team, and I always say this my team. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without my team. I truly believe that it's something that I don't just say lightly. And with that talking about my team, people have been asking me a lot about my new assistant. Okay, and she is here today to talk with us, So welcome Kim. Her name is Kim Andel Gonzalez. Say hi, this is Kim. She's very nervous, you guys, very very nervous. But she's not being pressured to do this. Just FYI, I am not under dress, Yes she is not. So okay. So Kim became my assistant in the beginning of this year, right yes, January first. Basically we were already kind of talking in December and she's been around at some of my shows, and I was like, I like this girl. She's very quiet, she's very like efficient. I wasn't thinking during that time that you were going to be my assistant, but I was like, oh okay, when someone brought it up, I said, hey, that's actually not a bad idea. Thank you so much. I started off as being my mom's assistant, so I know what it is to be an assistant. We're going to get into that right now. But anyways, since I started my career, I've had one, two, three, four, five assistants. Yes, they've all been great. You're the fifth. You are the fifth.
Speaker 2: Johnny likes number five so many. Yes, it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have five siblings. Five is a very significant number in our lives. So five, yes, let me make sure five. She's a fifth. Okay. So anyways, Kim, how are you?
Speaker 2: You're my first?
Speaker 1: Oh? Nice that I love being people's first. But yes, okay, so talking about that. First of all, how are you, Kim? How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 2: I'm very nervous.
Speaker 1: You're very nervous. I'm be nervous. Your ears with chicky's and chill and let's just.
Speaker 2: I know I'm like, it's just like it's I know you guys.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, the producers you know over.
Speaker 2: I don't like it when people saying happy birthday to me either.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't like to be like the center of attention and it drives you like it makes you feel.
Speaker 2: I just get really nervous.
Speaker 1: You get nervous.
Speaker 2: But okay, so I get that.
Speaker 1: Anyways, you're good, you're happy.
Speaker 2: You just described me as Kayarita is said thing. I'm not gonna correct you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. It's because she's not Kaylita. Actually, when she gets comfortable, she's so hilarious. I was like, I think you need to do stand up.
Speaker 2: I've been told by so many people, and like my friends at work, they're like, you should do stand up. And at the bar my friend goes to, they have open mic and I signed up once, but I didn't go because I can't remember why. But I'd probably get canceled honestly.
Speaker 1: Because she says them off the water shit. But I love it. She's just so straight out. So okay, wait before we get into like that, what were you doing? Because I think a lot of people want to know what were you doing before you became my assistant. I know the answer, but she's gonna share it with you guys.
Speaker 2: I was a stripper.
Speaker 1: I yes, she worked the streets. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: No apers, MA good of money, No.
Speaker 1: Do no no hate on that, don't whatever makes you happy.
Speaker 2: I was a labor and employment paralegal. I did litigation, I did trials. I did that for six years, but I worked my way up. Yeah, so I got my paralegal certificate and associates degree, and then from there I just started a small firm in Tustin, and then I went to a big firm. And then after that I went to really close to my house, to a firm with two badass partners where they just did trial work. They actually handled some cases with John L. Barber. If anybody knows law, they know who John L. Barber is. That was pretty cool. Nice. So I then then from that I came with you. But I'd been working with Richard because I'm Richard, because Richard manager. Right, So it's kind of like a earlier you said that you had worked with me and all that. It was kind of like a training course over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you you did some stuff in music, like you were working with Richard, with Richard and doing just a bunch of that I did on the.
Speaker 2: Side, right, So I helped Richard with booking. Actually I helped him with Puma before blew up, But I didn't actually get to help him with Pluma because by the time he blew up and he started touring over here in the US, it was too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but so you've always been into like the music industry like you.
Speaker 2: I love music, yeah, and I love all kinds of music too, so yeah, And then I worked with him with because he has he does a lot of stuff. Yeah, And I've helped him with a lot of stuff. I've helped him with so much. So I got to meet a lot of people because I also went to the conferences Confidence that they have in Las Vegas, h four times a year. I met a lot of people there and I would go with him. I met a lot of people there, and I still like versus yeah, where I'm like around you and three people remember me from there. It happened to me with the guy from Live Nation. He was like, oh, you were at the Confidence.
Speaker 1: You have a unique look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did stand out because it's a bunch of men a lot of Mexican men is like a little wita right there. They don't always think of Mexican either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about where are you from, I am.
Speaker 2: Jo I do I say that to everybody. I wasn't born there, but because I say I'm from their people, I think I was born there, But I was born in l A. Yeah, but I was born in l A. My mom from Paramount. I was born in Bellflower, and then I went to Mexico and then I came back third grade and I've been here since third grade, but I would go back and forth every years. Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's a very proud Latina and I love that. We get along very well. And this job is very different from your previous job. It's very safe. It's safe to say. And I'll tell you guys now, Kim is very extremely smart. She's a very smart young lady. So when I first started having those conversations with her, I was like, dude, she's a paralegal. I was like, are you sure you want to do this job? Like it's like I was worried. I was like, I don't know if she's gonna like it, But she's like, no, I'm ready. I'm ready for a career change. So talk to us a little bit about how different it is from like, I mean, because you had an office job and now we're everywhere, right in every in every way, we're everywhere. Yeah, every day is different every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I remember when you asked me, I was an ex expecting that because yet can I speak Spanish? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: Everything that I did with Richard, like my my that was my side job. That's what I would do on the weekends or I would sometimes take time off, but that was like additional to my I had my permanent day job, my best job. But it was a little training course, helping you with the music videos.
Speaker 1: She came out and me, prolema, you guys go go check it out. Came and her daughter a problema and I and and this is all before she started working with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've been around, yes, yeah, And so I had a taste, a taste of it, and by the time you asked me, I just prayed on it. I was like, oh, this is weird because I had joked about it with Richard. I was like, hey, if she ever needs an assistant, I can't remember why. Oh, I think we were like on set and he was like, that's pretty cool. Ha and you were getting fanned and all the camera run and it was like beautiful. And I was like, honestly, like I would I would want that job. And I pointed at O me. Then I was like that that I am be hear more than because I don't like the tension.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, it's not cool.
Speaker 2: It's like I was like, I would want that job, and I kind of just put in easy ear. But I was just kidding, yeah, okay, I didn't think that it would come to fruition. Yeah, and so by the time you talk to me about it, I prayed on it and it felt right. So I go based off of feeling me too.
Speaker 1: That's how I am. But it is very different, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is very stressful. Huh So it's like a different kind of stressful. Yeah. But but I don't know if you remember, but the first month, I think you asked me how I was feeling, and I said, I feel like I was on vacation. I have to go back to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when do I go back to work?
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, they're gonna get mad at me because I haven't gone back to work. Like when do I go back to ask for too much time off. So that was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that transition right, Yeah, because I always say this and I've said it many times. I had Omi on the podcast as well and everything, and I've shared that whole thing with you guys, which is why now Kim is here. Because some people might think, like, Gigi's why are you even sharing this or why are you sharing you know, why not? Because I started off as an assistant. I have shared so much with you guys on this podcast, so I want you guys to know. You know, it's not easy. I know it's not easy being an assistant. I was there, That's the way I started. I and will ask him right now. But I consider myself a pretty like chill boss, maybe sometimes a little too chill. And I've learned that sometimes some people, not everyone, takes your kindness for weakness and I've had to toughen up a little bit. But how are you feeling? And honestly, I wasn't even really planning. I have my notes here, but you guys know, I always just talk from the heart and I want to have a conversation with you. How are you feeling? Like? How you know? Especially that first day of the tour. It was tough. You guys. I've never felt that pressure any other tour ever in my life, I think because we've leveled up. So she came in and and she was kind of just thrown into it.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, when you said that, it made me feel a little bit like, all right, it's not just me, it's not just you, because I've been on tour with you before, well like not like the whole tour, but I've been to your shows and I've been to multiple shows in a weekend as well, so I've done that. But it was the pressure was real. There was just so much going on, and there were a lot of cameras there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot going on. Yeah, there was had a docu there, then we had.
Speaker 2: And then Julio's filming, and then AMI's filming, and then Jennifer's like I need this video. There's just like there was and then there was that, and then there was the production going on where it's like getting this and this and that, and we're getting something mailed in today that didn't get there on time, and then just just a lot. It was. It was a lot, but I was already familiar with it. But The reason why I felt the pressure was because I want to do my job right. Yeah, and if something if something, thank you. If something doesn't go right, it's that's not me. Yeah, even if it wasn't something that I did. Sometimes you have to depend on other people doing their job, but it's still my job to make sure that they're doing their job or something. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we all felt it. It's just you know, we have the responsibility of like now we have Live Nation, and it's just different. There's more production, and it's always the first show is always nerve wracking. And when I told you that, I was like, I really feel that I understand. But I'm very very patient because again I know what it is to be in your shoes, and I also, as a boss, have made mistakes in my past that I don't want to make, you know, and I want to learn from my mistakes and always be better every single day. So anyways, I think you are.
Speaker 2: You said you think you're a chill boss. I think you are. Yeah, I don't think I think you've sometimes said you know, I think you think that you're tough. Sometimes I don't think you are. I think you're just stern, just straight up You're like, Nope, we're not going to do it like that. And some people get like, you know, but I think I appreciate that more. Yeah, Like if you say this needs to be done like this, like I'll get that. I think I think we work well like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have good communication for sure.
Speaker 2: And then I don't offend it either.
Speaker 1: And I've learned to like not also not to we can't get everything done in a day before it's like I want all of this to get done, and now I'm like, no, it's it's it's not even healthy. And I've learned to like even scale back with myself. And before I used to have money to do list and like I want to check it all off today. No, like I'm chill, Like I'm like, I can't put that pressure on her, and and I don't want for me. It's so important that anyone that works with me or works for me is happy doing their job. When they're not, it's just not going to work. And I feel it.
Speaker 2: I think we are because there have already been a few comments here and there, you know, when people say, oh, we like your vibe, like when we're in glam and there's like a little group of us. Yeah, I can't remember. I think Jennifer Neman said it once. He was like, oh, your guys, this vibe is so refreshing. And somebody else too. It's happened a few times, yeah, where they compliment I like our energy.
Speaker 1: Working together where it's like it feels peaceful like, and that's what I want. I want to be that in everyone's life getting wrong.
Speaker 2: And we're cracking jokes and we're laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is it safe to say though now that it does not feel like a vacation anymore like the No.
Speaker 2: It feels like working out. So I got my routine now, Okay, I have my roucine now and I'm doing Okay, I didn't answer your question. I'm sorry, I'm good. I feel better now. After the first show I felt a lot better, yes, and then I don't know if you can talk about the second show, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah we can. I mean a little bit. The second show that's when the miscarriage happened.
Speaker 2: Well, and then the first show, so I felt that pressure too because I already knew and then and so I was like watching out for that too. Yeah, And it's like you're going up the thing. And I was like, oh my god, she didn't fall. You tripped a little bit. I did almost, and I was right backstage that happened, and I was like, fuck, my head's oh sorry, I don't know if I could cut.
Speaker 1: You can say fuck are fine because I was.
Speaker 2: I was right behind you, and I saw when that happened, and I stuck my head up above the stage a little bit, and so I'm sure I don't know if people saw me like a little go over right, they're sticking. I was like, oh my god, because that scared me a little bit. No one no one knew.
Speaker 1: No yeah, the band that Richard, no one knew, and it was just Emilio Jess. I didn't even know my makeup artist. So it was a little nerve wracking. And I was like, oh god. I had the I'm never afraid to walk in heels, but that first show, I was like, oh my gosh. I was like, I can't fall. I can't fall. But I was like, I'm still gonna be a batty yeah, because I want to be that girl seven months pregnant with some big ass heels. Maybe yeah, I can see you know, Yeah, you know. So, so then the second show came along, because the first show was very stressful. The second one everything was so chill, Like I was, I felt so good. I was like, hey, are you feeling better? She said, Oh my god, I feel so much better.
Speaker 2: It was so much. It was so I was like, Okay, I think we needed to go through that first show.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's just a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of energy, there's a lot of it's a lot going on, right, So that by the second show we were like we got this and we didn't get it.
Speaker 1: We didn't get it. Yeah, yeah, but that's how it was. And we were like, okay, cool and then all of a sudden came the crams. Yeah, and then you know, it just went from there. But but AnyWho, I mean, I think, yeah, I think it was just the first show. What is a typical day with me? Actually, right, typical day?
Speaker 2: I think a lot. I think what people probably wouldn't like a typical day with you as your assistant. I don't think people really understand how much outside of the music stuff that needs to get done, like the house stuff, the business stuff. There's there are a lot of emails. Yeah, there's the I think my and then my favorite part really is Pancho and Ryo. Ye, like can you help with Yeah, like that's my favorite part. They're like my favorite coworkers. Yeah, they're as I'm my little and then they follow me around the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love you so and I talked.
Speaker 2: To them all day and then I think I can't remember. I thinking it as Amelia, who was like who are you talking to? And I was like the dog's duh And he.
Speaker 1: Was like, okay, you keep things very interesting. I really enjoy my time with you, Like I I like having you around. When you're not around, I'm like, hey, I miss you. It's the weirdest thing because it's like I don't know, I have a lot of peace with you, and I love that. And also we've talked about it a few times. I'm like, hey, if this becomes too hard for you, if this is too much, let me know. Because the good thing is, I know you're gonna be fine because you have your job. Like I know everyone wants you back. Like when she first started working with me, one of her old bosses contacted her said, Hey, I'm starting my own firm. I left so and so, and I want you to come work with me, and she' said, hey, can you tell my new boss that.
Speaker 2: I was like can I On the phone, I was like, can you let her know how great I am?
Speaker 1: And he's right, he did. He's like, you're so lucky to have her. I'm like, I know, dude, things.
Speaker 2: She ended up not starting firm. He went to defense and he's cool. But yeah, a lot of my bosses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they want you back.
Speaker 2: So that makes me feel like I'm a good employee.
Speaker 1: That's why you really are. And that's the thing. That's what I was going to say. What I love about you is that and what also worries me at the same time, it's like you want to be so like you want to do everything perfectly, like you want to do your job well. And I love that even if you take a little bit longer to get something done, I know it's going to get done well. It's gonna be done. I don't have to remind you or say, hey, you didn't do this right. Like she's a fast learner. And I'm not worried. I'm not stressed. I'm like, Okay, Kim will handle it. It won't be right now maybe, and that's fine. It'll be but it'll get done and it always does. So you are definitely very good at what you do. What is the hardest part of your job do you feel?
Speaker 2: I think for me right now is kind of getting to know what to prioritize. And I've I mean, sometimes I want to ask you. Other times I don't want to bug you. Sometimes I even double triple make sure, even if like it's like you already told me, I just want to make sure. Yeah, but prioritizing, like do you think this is more important or this is more important? What do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I have like a list of them, like, hey, let's get this then, And I've learned also to communicate that like, hey, this is the priority list and that secondary, right, just so that she doesn't feel so pressured, because again, it's not just my music, it's the household, it's my personal calendar, my businesses. You know, it's a lot, all of them, all of them, all of my businesses. So yeah, I mean so okay, So yeah, I get that, and I want to get better at that as well, saying hey, Kim, like don't worry about this, this is secondary. Let's like focus on this. And I think we've been again. We're good at communicating, and I think that makes the biggest difference.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think. I think I'm getting better at it.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, you are. Yeah, and that's why I'm like, it's gonna happen. It's only been six months, right.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, six months, that's half a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you feel? Are you? Are you?
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like half a year. But also I feel like I can't really remember my life before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like what did I do before?
Speaker 2: I can't remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So what's what's the coolest part of your job? An he like perks, anything that you feel like, oh, this is dope. This is what I like.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think there, I think this job is very, very demanding, but very rewarding. I like, I love my job because it's fun. I get to interact with people, all your people music. I think it's cool.
Speaker 1: There are times where she's randomly like She's like, I'm very happy, I'm happy to be here. I love my job, like I don't know where. She'll just say, and I'm like, oh, it makes me uppy.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Yeah. Because if we're doing something cool, like we went to New York City, I was like, I'm so fucking glad I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, thanks for bringing me, get to travel and we do a lot of fun stuff. Yeah yeah, I mean, and I don't know if a lot of people know this, but Kim is also a mother. She's a mother beautiful girls. I hedot about that. Yeah, she's a mom Zelda and Leah. And that's one thing that worried me a little bit, was because I was like, dude, she's a mom, and but she's very You're a very present mom though, even though we're traveling and doing stuff, like you're always in contact with them. Your mom takes care of your girl, So that gives me peace.
Speaker 2: My mom came back to live with me to help me to take care of my girls. So I really appreciate her for that.
Speaker 1: And how do they feel about you working with me? You're girls?
Speaker 2: So I asked them, and Leah had already fallen in love with you from the problem when she came out. I remember, Yeah, so she's been following you since then and she's like your fan and all that she loves you, and yeah, but I asked them just to see what they would say, and Leah was like, oh my god, yes, Mom, you have to. She was like, you have to do that job. And then Zelda loves you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love them. She gave me a little note yesterday. She's like, you were the best singer ever. Oh I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They really wanted me to take the job. And then I think just recently these last couple of weeks, Zelda's very like emotional and communicative, and she's like, mom, I miss you, and I'm like, then text me back, yeah, text me back, because I call them and FaceTime them and I text them and sometimes I'm like look where I am and they're like, yeah, they don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're like I'm trying told the other day yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I was like, well look at this and they were just like okay, and I was like, okay, guys, please calm down. Yeah they don't care sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I always talked to them.
Speaker 2: And then I brought them yesterday. They were with me day with them yesterday, So I bring them when I can love them. Yeah, they're like coming around and they love you.
Speaker 1: Good kids.
Speaker 2: Fun Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And do you feel like, I mean, do you want to be in a relationship or.
Speaker 2: Are you No, you're my relationship?
Speaker 1: Okay? Nice? And you're happy with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to give you a good solid year or two or whatever, and then maybe i'll I'll have a relationship depending on you know, how much money they have and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but right now you're totally like not emotionally available, like you're Is it by choice? Is it just like because of this job where you're just you're good right now?
Speaker 2: I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're chilling because I feel like right now, your priority from what I see is like your job, your girls, and that's it. Like sometimes I'm like, hey, Kim, you're you're off, go get your nails, and oh no, I'd rather sleep. I'd rather read a book.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, yeah, so like when I'm at the out, I could go do my nails, but then I'm just like that takes like what an hour or two?
Speaker 1: If I get a petty, Yeah, it does take a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And my mom's been taking the girls for me, so I don't have to take them.
Speaker 1: So they're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, i'd rather sleep. I have so many books to catch up on. But now that I feel like we're in got the tour stuff situated, I'm gonna start reading on them.
Speaker 1: I promise you it's gonna get easier from here. It is. It's just now that we're kind of getting into like the rhythm of things, it's gonna get easier.
Speaker 2: Once it's more like just like reflexive.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly Like when I see O Me, she's just like, yeah, show me. Was with me for ten years, guys. So it's just you know, so I learned.
Speaker 2: I learned a lot from seeing her, like yeah.
Speaker 1: And they get along very well, which I love. He's my old assistant, you guys. She was on the podcast all right, what's something that most people don't know about me? That you would say, like something that you probably before you started working with me, didn't know. And it's like something that I don't know. It could be anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: She's actually really funny, but she's more like like the like I'm more like dead pan, like sarcastic.
Speaker 1: Love that type I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you're more like like I love when you go on really only.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I'm funny, Oh my god, the most annoying part or when you go what else do you do when you go? I don't know, it's just you're rich very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it could be funny, especially like if I'm like not stressed, I'm just like, oh very loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you down there, but you've got you cracked me up sometimes.
Speaker 1: Good. That makes me happy. Okay, So is there any advice that you could give someone that would like because I get this a lot A lot of people like, oh, I want to work for you, cheeky's and stuff like that. I'm like, it's not as easy as you guys may think. Guys, is there any advice that you would give someone if they want to be like a celebrity assistant?
Speaker 2: The only I think the only reason I got this job is just knowing people.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So I think more like, am I the most qualified assistant? Probably not. I'm sure there's somebody there out there somewhere who probably knows more or would do certain things better, right, But for me, it was just I knew someone so networking mm hmm. And also I think just more like our personalities flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think we're like little puzzle piece. You're the AA, the beta. We're good like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it does fits nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a little puzzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But and then there. I've also had certain very specific life experiences that I think compliment yours, like also because well, I mean, I don't think somebody has to be Mexican to be your assistant, but I think that's a life experience that I bring with me that compliments your life experiences. And just like a lot of things. And then even like I think very like very specific things that I've also mentioned to you, like that I can apply to the situation. So I think my I'm very bad at answering questions. So if I don't answer a question, just let.
Speaker 1: Me know you're answering it perfectly.
Speaker 2: Actually, my feedback or advice would be network, right, like find something you like and network. Because when I met Richard, I met him through working at an event center. I started off like just selling tickets at the box office, and I would do that for fun because I would go sell tickets at the box office and I got to meet a lot of bandas and musicians and people because they would let us go backstage after the show. They would let us stay. I met like name you name it, all the main bandas I've seen them. Yeah, that's how I met Richard.
Speaker 1: It's like starstruck which is kind of cool too. I never have though, like I don't like yeah part of.
Speaker 2: Yeah though, like although I'd admire you and your music and like what you do and everything, I don't really like think like I don't fall into like the celebrity aspect of it with you or with anyone. Yeah, it'd be I think very few people who i'd be like amazed at meeting. And it's probably like, honestly, like my favorite journalists, not a musician, right, that makes sense, Yeah for sure. But yeah, so network. I remember for a long time when I would do the events, it would be like on my days off, and it'd be like eight am to two am type of thing. Oh damn, Like yeah, like I'd have to leave my house at eight and i'd get home, I get two three in the morning. I'd have to work the next day. But I pushed through it.
Speaker 1: Because you've always been so hard working.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and honestly I didn't that wasn't even a lot of money. But for me it was fun and I wasn't thinking like exerience the experience, and then I like people would tell me like, oh, you shouldn't go, like you shouldn't go do that. Why are you even doing that? And I would tell them, well, for me, it feels right, it's fun. I like it. And I'm just always putting myself out there. And I was always doing work outside of work. Yeah, so it was it wasn't just my day job. I was always either going to work and going to school or working at events or picking up stuff like I did a feew like brand ambassador things here and there with the music stuff. So that's what it's. Just put yourself out there. Don't be afraid to fail, because I mean did I wouldn't. I didn't succeed at everything, but I just put myself out there, network and you know, just chilling.
Speaker 1: Unnus, chilli on us. Yeah, that's the thing. You took a risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't be afraid of failing, because.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I always say. Yeah, it's part of learning and growing and knowing and having that taste of failing. As weird as it sounds, it really helps you and makes you appreciate success even more so. You know, So, I truly believe that I know certain people in your life we're kind of worried about you taking this job because they said that it's not like a real job or something like that. How do you feel is it a real job? Is it a real job?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it is a real job. It's a fine job. I think people are just jealous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not gonna say names.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, do you want me to say who?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no, we're not going to say who. But I gess but some no no no, but some people did did did say that, And I was just kind of damn that that sucks, you know, because this is you know, I worry a lot because I'm like, damn, like, because I care about people that like, I really genuinely care for everyone that works with me. I want to make sure they're okay. I want to make sure she rests. I'm like, hey, please take some days off, like spend time with the girls, because I don't want her to feel so worked or what is it so overworked? Thank you? So overworked that she's just like if this and she starts resenting me, no, I wouldn't do it. But I just I think that if if we have open communication, I think everything will be fine. But it definitely is a real job and it's a fun job. I feel like it could be very fun, but it is stressful, and I understand, but I just want you to be happy more than anything.
Speaker 2: I am happy. I don't think it's stressful. I think it's there's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think I think it's probably pressure that you put on yourself as I do. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: I do put that. I don't think i've ever I did. I'm not type A or perfectionists, but I do want to do a good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but that's why everyone loves you or your employers.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, as an employee, I've I've always had they always want me back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never I've never left a job.
Speaker 2: Where they don't want me back because I always do more than what is needed.
Speaker 1: And even to do that, you're just.
Speaker 2: Having worked in labor and employment. Like I would knowing that I would like if I needed to take a call in the middle of the night, file something in the middle of the night on my vacation, respond to text messages, even though I know you're not technically supposed to do that, Like, that's just something I would do and I never held it against anyone, and I would just willingly do it or respond anyway, because that's how I am or work off the clock like I'm clocked out, but I need to do this, I'll just do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I am. I love to over deliver and overexceed and I just love to do a good job. Like it's just I don't like to half ask anything. I think that's why we get along, Yes, because we're a lot alike in different things, and then we're so different so we balance each other out and I love that. But yeah, I mean, I think Kim, besides, my sister, was the other person I told when I got pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like just because you kind of had to wright because I'm with you every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but I felt if I wouldn't have trusted you with the information, I wouldn't have told you, like no matter how like you know what I mean. But yes, it helps that I trust you, and it helps that you give me peace and that I knew you were going to give me the best advice. So because I and you've been pregnant twice. Yeah, so I was like, hey, dude, can I eat this? Man? I want this hot dog? You're like non hot dog. When I didn't know, Yeah, I didn't, I didn't know until I didn't know that wy. Yeah, okay, so I know we talked about like the first day of the tour and everything, like how stressful that was. But do you remember your very first day at work with me because it was at the house. Yeah, how was that.
Speaker 2: I think we went to Tequan on that day, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, we did. I think we did into TJ and that's how we started to start off with the bank.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just remember I started and that was the first day I met Pancho. That was the first day i'd gone to your house. Yeah, and I've gone to your house before and I met Pancho and we hit it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys did.
Speaker 2: And I love Pancho. And then so I just remember, but I think you were really good at measuring because you didn't like lay everything on me this first day.
Speaker 1: I'm not very good training. You gave me no but you didn't.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying is that you were really good at not laying everything out on me. The first day. You gave me like these.
Speaker 1: Little by little thing I didn't want to overwhelm you add it on, yeah, right, because then I was kind of on a break in the beginning of the year, I was kind of like on a break. A lot of a lot was going on, but I wasn't working as much as we are now.
Speaker 2: There was a lot going on. You were on a break, but you had just had your surgery. Yeah, you were sober, like you were sober from a lot of stuff. So there's a lot of that going on. And then you were getting your house redecorated, and you're getting your shed built and your pool replastered.
Speaker 1: There was something going on. There was a lot going on. There was a lot going on.
Speaker 2: And then and then you were what is that thing called the harvesting your eggs?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, I was IVF.
Speaker 2: You were going through the IVF also recording your album, and you were still doing your business aside. So I really I think the first month I really got acclimated to your businesses. I was like, Okay, those are your businesses, these are your business partners, these are all your people. I met a lot of your people.
Speaker 1: My friends and my business partners. And yeah, because it wasn't like I trained her and I said, hey, like this is how it's going to be. From my last assistant too, I don't think we ever had on the pod but she she kind of just transferred everything to you, like, hey, these are the passwords, is what you need to know. But there's not like a training Like I'm like, I just kind of like threw you in there, like can you do this for me? Yeah? Yeah, And there's like kind of a little by little I'm like, Okay, I'm not gonna overwhelm her, but this is.
Speaker 2: And you still you do you always like instead of asking me to do something, you always say can you please with me your favor? And then you tell me can you do this?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, my job kind yeah, You're like, hey, that's my job. Yeah, because I'm not that kind of person where I'm just like you have to do what I say. And I'm like, I don't like I like treating people like people, like humans. It doesn't matter if you're my assistant, doesn't like I don't know. I like to treat people the way like I want to be treated. So I always say please and I say thank you. And sometimes if even if I'm rude, I'm like, can't I apologize I'm in a bad mood today, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: Think you've been I don't think you've been rude to me. Now, I think I'm good with giving you your space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're very good at reading the room.
Speaker 2: Right and right like, yeah, so I won't ask questions, I won't just like sending them back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're chilling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm also eager to please. Yeah, and I'm a little bit socially awkward. So I think that's like getting a little getting used to that a little bit.
Speaker 1: I love it. I enjoy it. I'm socially awkward. I don't think you're I think you're I mean, I don't know. Everyone around me loves you. They think you're so hilarious. Oh thanks, yeah everyone really that's true. Yeah, that's the truth. That is the truth. I swear it's the truth. People like you, people like I've gotten a lot of great comments that you're just you're very efficient and you get shit done. And I like that you're not out there trying to be people's friends, like you're cool, you're polite. But it's like, this is my job. I'm going to get it into I need that in my life. I had it before. It was just like people trying to be friends and then things were being said. I can't with that.
Speaker 2: I have had a few people like like, hey, let's go get a coffee, and it's like they're not even in your immediate circle. They're like around you, and I'm just like, yeah, of course, And then I.
Speaker 1: Just like, yeah, is it dudes?
Speaker 2: No? Not, okay, okay, I haven't get hit on. I actually don't get hit on a lot.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I told my banda though I do not, she is completely off limits. We're not and she would never. But I'm just thinking them because they're dudes. You know, a lot of them are married, a lot of them aren't. But it's I don't get horny, we're not doing this.
Speaker 2: But they I don't think even before that, since I've been around and I've already met them, Yeah, knowing them for a while, they're very respectful, but it's they've I mean, I don't really like.
Speaker 1: If anyone's ever disrespectful to you, let me know. Oh, I will handle it.
Speaker 2: I think I have where I'm like, well, this person said it like this, and I just put it out there. Oh no, just you know, yeah, do not.
Speaker 1: I will freaking I feel very overprotective of you already, which is the whole thing I do. I feel like I need to protect you. I gotta you know, I want to make sure you're okay because I don't want people take advantage.
Speaker 2: I feel like that too. Yeah, I'm not a pushover, but I'm just like very like I just let shit slide. But when I do need to stand up, like when I did this last weekend, when like when I need to say like, yeah, that wasn't okay, Like I'm really good at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's our thing that we talked about. We have to be gracefully gracefully assertive, gracefully assertive. It's like there's and I say this on the podcast all the time, there's nothing wrong with being People like, oh, you sugarcoat things. I don't sugarcoat what it is is. I'm very stern. I'm very direct. I don't have to be a bitch to be like to try to get someone to do something. It's just like, hey, this bothered me, and some people don't like it when I say something, they get so offended. I'm like, I wasn't even mean about it, but you're just not used to me saying something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're the same in that where like people call me a bitch and I'm not a bitch. Yeah, Like I don't have a bitch demeanor. I don't have a bitch personality and not like you because I say things like no, that's not okay and like don't do that again, and they're like, oh, you're a bitch, and I'm like, no, I'm not. I'm just telling you how.
Speaker 1: I just don't like that. I'm actually speaking up right.
Speaker 2: And I'm very honest and like rip the band aid, Like you're like that too, where you say that that's not okay, or like if you have something to say to somebody, you'll say it right then and there before you.
Speaker 1: I can't. Yeah, I cannot, Like no matter what I'm doing, I need to tell the person you do, because then it just I harbor it and it just becomes like something just nasty and toxic in my body. So I'm just like I'm just gonna say it. Yeah, And I love sending voice notes.
Speaker 2: I harbor this. I need to be more like you and that.
Speaker 1: And I just like because it makes yeah, yeah, put in my pocket. No, you got to take that shit out because and it starts weighing and become rocks. They become rocks. So anyways, we'll work on that. But we're gracefully assertive and we're good. And my whole thing is are you happy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am okay good? Are you sure?
Speaker 2: I am happy to be all right?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: I love my job.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: Are you happy that I'm here?
Speaker 1: I am very happy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And Melio and I really like you very much. We love you, Amilia loves you. He's great, he goes. He's a man of very few words, so when he says something, I listen because he's usually always right. Yeah, very and I've learned that, and I'm like, I don't even argue at this point anymore. He's like, I don't know about this person. Maybe gotta be careful and he's always right always, and with you, I'm not just trying to like you know, you guys joke around a lot, but like he's like, I really like him, Like I enjoy having her around. She doesn't bother me and that makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, yeah, because he because we get our sense of humor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, you guys have the same.
Speaker 2: If I can't off, he's like, you just cut me off to don't do that again. And I'm just like cracking up. He's like, I'm serious but he's joking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like that, Yeah, you guys get a long great thanks. Yeah. And people have asked me, you guys, honestly, they've asked me like, it doesn't worry you that you have a young, pretty assistant around your man. Yes, you're beautiful, and I'm like, no, I trust you. You way harder than me. Oh my gosh, Kim nobody in their.
Speaker 2: Right mind whatever, you're.
Speaker 1: Freaking insane, like you're so hot. Yes, people have asked me that. I swear, There's been two people that have asked me, and I'm like, I leave my house tell me. Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you later. But I'm at I leave my house and you guys are there alone. I don't worry. I would not have you as an assistant and I would not be marrying him. If I felt that I can't trust you and I didn't tust you guys, you wouldn't be in my house. I would not be with him. Why am I going to fucking torment myself? Like ye, I'm like, no, he knows what he needs to be respectful. You're very respectful and that's it. So it's not a I don't. I'm not intimidated by other women's beauty. You know. It's like, oh, you think you're beautiful and you're intel, and any guy would be freaking, freaking honestly blessed to have you as a girlfriend. And I know that'll come, you know, and I'm going to make sure that they come through me first. I'm like, hey, what do you do? How are you? Because I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you as long as I'm in your life. Oh you know how, you already know how I am.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna say anything else you can.
Speaker 2: I don't mind if you want to say something. How much time do you have you can? I don't mind. But I was gonna say, like, so I've had like how you say, like you don't mind me hanging out with your boyfriend. I've had friends taught me that since high school. Like I've always been like that where I'm cool with my friends guys and I've never done anything. But I've had my friend one time she said it never escapes me. But I had a friend in high school and I remember She's like, dude, I dreamt that you went to a bar with my man and I was just cool with it and you guys were just chilling out a bar and I was like, that's a funny dream. But it's stuck with me. And then like now I have my friend like with her husband. Sometimes we send each other memes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she like, oh, are you texting?
Speaker 2: No, Like, I'll just send her game and she's like, oh, like look at what I sent him, And she's like, I love that you guys are friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you you're Yeah, I mean, I get it. That's why I wouldn't. I don't. I don't mind because I was like, let me just I just came to my mind now because some people said it. But honestly, like I always because.
Speaker 2: Like Allmi's always like throwing herself at Ali.
Speaker 1: Yes, She's always like she is, oh my god when people watch the first episode of the freaking docu that we're doing, Oh my god, you guys, you guys are gonna see what we're talking about when it comes to open enemio, because she's always just saying, oh wow today like that, Yeah, it's funny, it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious. I love that. I wouldn't joke like that just because that's not my personality. But when she does it, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there you guys, there it is.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Guys have asked about Kim a lot through my dms and even at shows, like oh, I haven't met your new assistant? Is she gonna be nice to us? Like fans? I'm like, of course she is. There are just certain things and boundaries now that we're setting for my life and stuff that wasn't necessarily respected before, not necessarily by like my boss bees, but other people that work for me that I just want. Things are changing, but for the better. I feel so all right, guys, thank you so much. Thank you for being a part of this podcast, for listening, for always coming week after week. I hope that you guys grow and learn through my podcast. And yeah, this one was for the fans because they kept asking, and yeah, thank you guys so much, and I'll catch you on the next episode of Cheeky's and Chill Piecers say.
Speaker 2: Bye and embarrass you.
Speaker 1: Did I know you didn't say bye to everyone? No, she did not embarrass me.
Speaker 2: I thought we were done. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: This is a production of iHeartRadio and Mike Wa Podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Mike Pura podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's c h i q u y s. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: H