Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Fox sports radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. Oh yeah, buddy.
Speaker 2: I thought we'd changed the production to hop Along Dickie Dickie Tajas.
Speaker 1: Whoa, what's up? Buddy boy?
Speaker 2: Rich is wearing a cowboy outfit like he's cowboy Curtis.
Speaker 1: He's pee wee Herman.
Speaker 3: At the Rodeo Rich yesterday, I was wearing my my worst fest hat. I bumped into my pal you might have heard of him, an arch Manning, and he gave me this sweet uta hat.
Speaker 1: Should I rock this today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, rock that if it fits your size eight and a half. Noggin. No it doesn't, see, of course it does it.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich the rest of us here in Los Angeles live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, and like we always do, we be rocking out.
Speaker 1: Let's go oh yeah, buddy boy, oh.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. It's a Taco Tuesday, not a snoozesday. No time for sleep, Doctor Jones, just time to kick some ass. We got Iowa Sam playing your favorite tunes on the ones and tues we got Danny g super producing on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox. He's the guy that makes this all happen. He's the guy with all the masterful ideas. He runs the game shows. In fact, he's welcoming Shaq Diesel later today for Shack Diesel Trivia. We got Spot on the videos again. This just isn't just a radio show anymore. It's an experience and you can watch it at Covino and rich FSR for your viewing pleasures. Covino and Rich FSR streaming live on YouTube. Dan Byer the Guru. He is here hanging out with us again. Stay tuned for his insight and for his wisdom and for his handsome good looks. You could see him on YouTube Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm in Austin.
Speaker 3: I'm about five hours away from the firing of Nico Harrison, which we're gonna kick the show off with in a second, because we have a theory about getting fired.
Speaker 1: H Dude, I'm gettingful who have a job man.
Speaker 3: Getting the old Vince McMahon or the Trump You're fired, you're fire like. So I mean, we have a theory on this, but I gotta say one more time you look at his uta hat.
Speaker 1: Is there not a sleeker, tighter logo than that? Though definitely tight on your head?
Speaker 2: But yes, it's a very sweet looking, fresh and clean, very crispy, crispity crunchity nice hat. And if you miss any of today's show, remember Covino and Rich. Wherever you get your podcasts, rate us five stars because anything less is uncivilized. You can watch us on YouTube like I said, and hit the subscribe button. Follow now Covino and Rich FSR and stick around for Shack Diesel.
Speaker 1: Whack Diesel. Now.
Speaker 2: Very thankful to be here, Rich, you know why, because I've been humbled before. We've been humbled.
Speaker 3: Can I start the show also by saying, we salute our veterans on Veterans Day, everyone that served our country.
Speaker 2: Wearing an arms shout out. First, why you think I'm wearing army green white? You think I'm wearing this bracelet here made by Army trunks right there? The gun metal I'm a rock in it absolutely saluting the troops and for those about the rock, I salute you, Thank you guys, but all the troops. Shout out to my brother in law who's in the Air Force, my brother in law Clayton.
Speaker 1: Marines, Army, Navy.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for all your service. Rich is right man, Hope you guys enjoyed your day, enjoy the week.
Speaker 3: Shout out to our video guy Spot who loves the song in the Navy.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does, Yes, he does. In fact, he's dancing to it right now. So Yes, Happy Veterans Day. I hope the kiddos had a nice day off and we salute anyone who served our country. Oh man, I don't know if I could have ever done that, So that's why we do the best we can here on Fox Sports Radio. Thank you guys for doing it for us. And again it goes back to what I said before about being thankful and grateful to have a job because nothing's guaranteed in life. And that's what I've learned through years of ups and downs. Now, Rich and I've been very fortunate to work together for over twenty years, but there's never been a guarantee. He needs to get nice long contracts and that was like year to year and you're always on like the edge of your seat, wonder if you're gonna get signed again. It's not a fun life to live. COVID changed everything. People lost jobs, People go through jobs now way more than they did. And our parents come up and our grandparents come up rich. We talk about it all the time. Your grandfather probably worked for the same company's entire life.
Speaker 3: He worked for con Edison in Queens, New York for you know, forty fifty years and got to watch and retired like that was the old guy routine. That that was the blueprint. Now people are job hopping. It's a different world. But cauf, you know what, I have a theory when we want to get into and it has to do with the Nico Harrison firing yesterday, of course. Brian Dable, I feel like to be a man or a woman, to be truly humbled, to have character, you need to have been fired and dumped in.
Speaker 2: Your lifeump especially yeah, dumped. I think changes a person fired does too, though, because it just shows you what you're really made of.
Speaker 1: It's not a fun experience. We've all been there.
Speaker 2: I like to say, let go or it didn't work out, or they gave us an offer we couldn't accept. But truth is, you get an offer that you can't accept because they're putting you in a place where you're forced to move on or forced to quit. So essentially, it kind of got fired and it's happened to the best of us. But you got to rise like the phoenix. That's really what you have to do. It's your back's against the wall. Especially if you have a family, you're like, all right, I gotta get together. I got to develop a new skill. I got to figure it out. And that's when you feel the most alive. And again, that's when it really shows what you are as a man or a woman and what you're made of. And it's happened from the smallest of levels. Rich, weren't you fired at Wendy's. I was fired at Wendy's. I was fired at a radio station. We've all been fired and we've all been dumped. And I really do think it's a true.
Speaker 3: Test of how you rebound. It humbles you when you think you're invincible, like yo, she'll never dump met me. I saw Cavino at his most miserable moments when he thought some of these girls would never leave him, and then he's crying in his beer.
Speaker 2: I think that's just as important as getting fired. Look, no one likes these things, but it's a part of life that shapes you and gives you character, Like Rich said, and Rich, that's a great example in my first learning experience that life's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows.
Speaker 1: As Rocky about Moas said, you're like You're life ain'tal sunshine.
Speaker 2: I was definitely that guy who walked with the strut, thought his esten stink was the coolest dude in the room. She'd never break up with me. She's lucky to have me. I'm God's gift to women. I'm the greatest guy because my mom told me so. And sure enough, Man, I was dumped on my ass time and time again by women who thought otherwise. Well, and you know what, though, it motivated me. It lit a fire. It let me know that I wasn't all that in the bag of chip says. Your dad probably used to say, you know, and I remember this clear as day.
Speaker 1: Rich.
Speaker 2: My uncle Joe said to me, you know what he's like, actually like you better man as a result, because you've been humbled, you become a real person. You're no longer a cocky wooden boy anymore. You're not a Pinocchio. You're a real man because you know what it's like to experience heartbreak and loss and defeat and being fired. It humbles you and it puts you on your ass into a real place that some people.
Speaker 1: Need to be.
Speaker 3: And before he got fired, we used to call him co Pinocchio. No, but I remember we are on Fox Sports Radio. Is it true that the first two main girlfriends you've had in your life back in your day?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna tie this into sports dumped you for a New Jersey Net Yes at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then the next girlfriend dumped you for a New York Ranger.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yes, that's a true story. I'm not proud of it, but it goes to show you. I was a dude living in my parents' basement, or as I used to tell girls, I have these old roommates that live with me. Don't mind those old people, they're my roommates. They live upstairs, they rent for me, they rent from me. I was living at home. I was driving radio station vehicles. I was on my grind on my come up I sold these beautiful women on my goals and dreams, and they left me for dudes with money. They left me for dudes that were doing big things in professional sports. That humbles you. So back to back days, we're talking about people getting fired.
Speaker 3: The best of the best in sports have been let go out of contracts. Coaches have been fired, players that are Hall of famers have been yeah, you know we're going to release you. We're not going to pick up the option on your deal. Like this happens to everyone, and I really do think it's a test to see what.
Speaker 1: You're made of.
Speaker 3: Anna Wayerson and Brian Dable both facing these obstacles over the last two days. And you know what, sometimes the cushions a little softer when you have guaranteed money and you're like, yeah, I could just chill for a couple of years like some of these coaches.
Speaker 1: But there is something humbling about it.
Speaker 3: And we want your thoughts on Nico Harrison did need dodge a bullet one two minut times?
Speaker 1: Like one of the the.
Speaker 3: MAVs are three and eight if they had started strong. Is he still there? I heard Dan Bayer say before dB. I do think it's funny how he almost tried to like take credit for winning the lottery and you know, almost like get made up for the fact for the looking deal. Yes, it is pretty funny how he is sort of skated by, But I guess everyone hits the end of the road, you know, when it's time.
Speaker 4: I believe the phrase that he may have used, and I could get this wrong, but I thought it was something like fortune favors the Bold, like or like that was his reward for doing that Luca deal.
Speaker 1: I thought it was something like that. Sounds like a soap opera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Matt Damon said that in a crypto commercial fortune favors the Bowl.
Speaker 4: It was something along those lines, and everybody just kind of rolled their eyes.
Speaker 2: Well, the silver lining is you learn and grow from these moments and you end up somewhere hopefully better than you were, in a better place that fits better than before. But I think the firing of Nico Harrison today is clearly it and admission that it was a big mistake letting Luca go. So, yeah, you lose Nico Harrison, and then you realize too that Luca is sitting there, sitting pretty in Los Angeles saying I told you so. Because the flip side as to why is they have fully admitted that it was a big mistake letting this dude go, and I agree Rich hadn't. They started out three and eight, and as Dan Byer said, second worst in the West. I think he still might have a job. Just like we said yesterday, day Ball might still have been there had they not lost that game in the fashion in which they lost.
Speaker 3: Dude, you drop three of your first eleven. I'm sorry, you only win three your first eleven and you lose four double digit late leads in the NFL. Listen, it comes a point where it's like, I don't care, like we've given this guy won't too many chances.
Speaker 2: You're five, Well, all jobs are how you perform all jobs. If you suck, you're gonna put your job in jeopardy. It's not that he said, but he made a colossal mistake by letting a superstar player go Cooper flag Anthony Davis not cutting Anthony Davis wasn't cutting it in LA with his injuries and not playing the way they hoped. So it was four years twenty A little over four years twenty twenty one was when he was hired GM to twenty twenty five, and as of today, nine months after they let go of Luca, he is fired.
Speaker 1: So your thoughts on again ending up where you need to be.
Speaker 2: And we wrap it up with this a personal little antidote because rich and I we were at ESPN and we worked really hard to get that opportunity, like really hard. And we've mentioned this story several times. We were on ESPN Radio for about two years. We gave up every weekend doing ESPN Radio just to get that TV shot, that TV show. We finally got our own TV show. We're on the air for about two years. We finally get rolling. Yep, everything, everything's going great, and then COVID happened. Our contract ended during that and we lost our gig. And man, we were like, well, you could sit there and feel sorry for yourself, but we were humbled because like, you're gonna let us go?
Speaker 1: Are you crazy?
Speaker 2: We're the best in the game. How do you not see this? Come on, Covino and rich Man, this is our moment.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: You grab yourself by the bootstraps. As your grandma would say, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, i'd imagine some boots have straps and that's a how you cope your boots.
Speaker 6: I remember seeing your guys's commercials, your promos for the show on ESPN.
Speaker 1: Dude, we were so proud of you. Who are these bozos? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously exactly, we were gonna be on every night, late night. They were about to move our show earlier on ESPN, and then the Covid thing happened, and honestly, we were like, wow, well, okay, I guess that's life. Nobody's safe in life period, right, and then we're like, at least we got our serious XM gig. Dude, after sixteen plus years out of nowhere Covid contracts, budgets, we lost our gig at serious XM ors. I like to say they gave us an offer we couldn't accept.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was a weak offer with a non compete, so it's like, hey, here's less money, but you can't do anything else.
Speaker 1: So rich n, that's a hum humbled. But we had to pick ourselves up.
Speaker 2: We had to do our own thing, our own Patreon, which we still do, became our own bosses, and they wouldn't you know it, A blessing called Fox Sports Radio came our way. I'm forever, grateful, forever thankful. Fox Sports Radio scooped us up. Shout out to our agents and Scott and Don, everyone that made it happen, super agent Sean Wyman. But Rich and I got an opportunity and we couldn't be happier and in a better place. But it all happened because we were let go. You might be in a relationship right now, Rich your marriage. You wouldn't be married to your beautiful model wife with your beautiful little nose picking kid if some woman didn't break your heart along the way.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: I mean, it all sort of works itself out, and I think you know it's it's interesting when you see Nico Harrison get fired and Brian Dable because when you're in a position like a head coach or a GM or management, it's wild because people will applaud your dismissal.
Speaker 1: And that's gotta be a weird feeling.
Speaker 3: Like most people get dumped or lose their job, most feel sorry for them. The fact that people like fire Nico and now today they're like, yeah, like he's got to really have it within him to be like, I'm good, I'll find another gig. I believe in myself but I think to go with our point, would love your feedback. Was it about time or do you think they should have given him this year to see what happens with Flagg and Davis? Or do you think that everyone needs to get dumped and fired to just really see who they are at some point in their life.
Speaker 2: I think it makes you human, It humanizes you, humbles you, it builds character. I think all those things are true rich and I think everybody does need. You can't coast true life thinking you're invincible because if you do get knocked down, you don't know how to recuperate, you don't know how to handle that. But if you've been there before, you know you're gonna be just okay. And I think I love your second layer to this. How do people feel when they finally got what they wanted? Like even my uncle Bill. My uncle Bill is one of the nicest guys and he's a hardcore Giants fan and he was telling me yesterday too, He's like, yeah, I know it's tough, man, but he had to go, yeah, sometimes it's warranted. I got it's sports and it's a game of winning and you're not producing. But when you get what you want, as a fan, are you really happy about it? Are you ever really happy to see someone else's I don't know, demise or failure or.
Speaker 1: Fire or anything because I saw.
Speaker 3: You know, I saw CAFC Barstool, our buddy CAFC from Barstool talk about how and Gary Vee has talked about this as well, where fandom is weird because she set of put aside logic and you know, how you really act as a normal human being, like like the example would be like, yo, the Yankees suck. I know the Yankees don't suck. But if you if you're a Red Sox fan and don't like the Yankees, you know they could be the World Series and you're like they suckt logic, you got a fire boone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then like.
Speaker 3: You know, you're like the Mets didn't make the playoffs. My team didn't make the playoffs. I have all these buddies that are like f Mendoza, fire that bum, and I'm like, yeah, you don't think he tried, Like I don't know that. You start to be sympathetic Danny, and then you realize, like why am I being a logical fan?
Speaker 1: That's not what Phantom's about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fire up, butanom about being an absolute terrible person.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think so. I think it seems to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you feel bad for the coaches that are personable, that you actually like and you like hearing them even in a press conference.
Speaker 1: The ones with the punchable faces.
Speaker 6: Josh McDaniels, those guys, the fan base is like bye go And obviously he's he's a good coordinator.
Speaker 1: He's just not a good head coach.
Speaker 6: So it just depends the relationship those coaches have with their fan base.
Speaker 3: I went healthy approach, Rich, Like the logical approach would be like, yeah, he's got to move on, and you just root for him to do well somewhere else. Right, Alright, well, listen when when he's on peting we're talking about because let's be honest, Mike McDaniel. You know, he may have been driving past bars in Buffalo after that victory last week.
Speaker 1: And we might talk about that. He's he's a likable guy.
Speaker 3: But remember we talked about when they're losing, his sarcastic charm doesn't work as much.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you really want to see that guy and lose his gig?
Speaker 3: You know his story, how he's cleaned up his whole life and everything, and Mike McDaniel coordinator, his whole come up, gets his opportunity in Miami. You don't really want to see him fail. But as a fan, you don't give an s You're like, just get a you're a Dolphins fan, You're like saying, get rid of him, because fandom is illogical.
Speaker 1: So I think that's the caveat he rich, he's out the window.
Speaker 6: They cannot chase your favorite and your best players out of the organization. Yeah, And that was the rub on why I mentioned Josh McDaniels. He chased away three Pro bowlers off that Raider squad. Players did not mix well with him. It was a bad locker room. So Nico, you know, obviously chasing away their best player. And I don't think Dallas is ever going to forgive him for that. And now you guys are saying, maybe it could be a blessing and decide in you know, a blessing in disguise to get another start somewhere else and to be humbled. But is another NBA organization going to give Nico another shot after that big of a swing and a miss. Anthony Davis is a huge part of this. He's not playing again right now, he's hurt again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not. But the silver lining in life is that you might end up somewhere better off, right, whether it be in a relationship or a job. That's just the silver lining for anyone listening. For Nico Harrison. Yeah he had his chance, man, but you know what, he made his money, He made his millions. And I think you know who's really pulling dubs this week, Luca because he gets that redemption, that revenge, that storyline that he knew he was going to get all along.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, a mistake.
Speaker 3: He's playing slapass with Austin Reeves, hitting half court shots like you know, living it up, and Lebron's not even there yet.
Speaker 1: So it's like this is but dude.
Speaker 2: We all got to use that as motivation, that kicking the ass like Luca was let go. You know, we got to use that motivation to inspire all of us to get to that next level. I don't care if that's a negative way to be motivated. Whatever motivates you, I think is a good thing. And if if that's to show someone or somebody or some company that they made a mistake by letting you go, let it motivate, you, let it let your fire because Luca got that redemption that he wanted. And he's like, you see, that's a full admission that that was the biggest mistake your organization ever made.
Speaker 3: Well the Giant yesterday with day bol the Mavericks today with Nico Harrison. But did both teams get it right? The answer is yes, you had to move on from these guys. But as a fan and like, it's weird to you know, cheer the demise of a guy's career, But yo, as a fan, you're illogical onto the next Let's win, win, win.
Speaker 1: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: And the second layer, Like Cavino and I said, if you've never been dumped and you've never been fired from a job, and I bump into you, I'm gonna have a hard time trusting you because I feel like there's something you learn from those experiences. If a guy or a woman you ever see like a hot chicken, she's like, yeah, no one's ever dumped me. I'm like, yeah, you know what, then you've never been humbled there, buddy, Yeah, you're way full of yourself. You're way full of yourself, and no.
Speaker 2: Guy has ever left me. It's like, oh, okay, well who okay, I'm thinking about Cooper Flag too. There's he must feel a little bit like he's got some blood on his hands, Like, yeah, maybe if I played.
Speaker 1: A little better and still have a job.
Speaker 2: Because the only solution for Nico Harrison to keep his job was to win, and that's not what they've been able to do. And you have to admit, like, we made a mistake, and at three and eight right now, I guess they have. So that's the story. Back to back days. Why are we harping on this so hard? We got back to where performance mattered Day Bowl. Yeah, the way they lost, as I mentioned yesterday's not just the loss, it's the way they lost and the way they were losing games fired Nico Harrison. You let go of a legendary, generational type player. You're hoping it all pans out. It doesn't fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your thoughts and coves.
Speaker 3: It's also the fact that, well I'm not saying neither were unexpected, but at the time of the season, like I think people thought that Dable would finish the year, and I think other people thought, like Nico Harrison would get a little more time. So I think that in itself also is like oh wow, like they you know, they finally said up today's day and listen. Like any relationship, not to tie it to relationships always, but how many times have a relationship ended on like as we call it the dryer light theory, it's not the big fight. Sometimes it's that little thing, like you fought over a I remember getting in a fight with an ex girlfriend because she wentn't close the dryer and there was a little light that stayed on and I asked her about it and she flipped out on me and I was like, we did what broke up? We're a dryer light. No, it was the bigger picture. But I guess when you start three and eight, that's their dryer light.
Speaker 2: That's their drying light. And I have more questions based on this story. Is the biggest story going on so far today. Nico Harrison fired nine months after getting rid of Luca. Your thoughts, your observations, your comments, your feedback. Welcome at eight seven, seven ninety nine one Fox at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: We got more CNR.
Speaker 2: Next, All your favorite NBA players are back in DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA is the place to bet on NBA stars this season. New customers bet five bucks, get three months of NBA League Pass plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins paid in bonus bets.
Speaker 7: Gambling problem called what eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope. In wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and resorting Kansas pass through I per wager tax may apply in Illinois twenty one plus agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required. NBA League Pass auto renews until canceled. Additional terms at DKNG dot co slash audio limited time offer.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back and Happy Veterans Day, thanks to all who served. Now we have lots of phone calls and lots of thoughts about getting fired and being humbled. Iron Chic style being fired or dumped. Humbles You talking to Ko Harrison? Yeah, but you know what, Rich, I don't want to keep the man waiting. He's a legend, he's our friend. He's the host of the I Want Your Flex podcast. That's right, I'm kissing his ass. It's the great Dan Bayern v DV. What's going on, Fellas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nico Harrison out of a job, fired by the Mavericks as their general manager three and eight on the season. Of course, there was the trade last season that sent Luka Doncic to the Los Angeles Lakers. Chance during last night's loss against the Miami against the Milwaukee Bucks were to fire Nico despite Cooper Flag maybe having his best game as a Maverick, Nico Harrison is out today. In a statement from owner Patrick Dumont, Dumont explained that when results don't meet expectations, there is a responsibility to act. Nico Harrison fired today as the Mavericks GM. No Joel ebid tonight for the Sixers is they faced the Celtics. Grizzly say Brandon Clark's going to return to action in six to nine weeks following a knee scope. Today's show sponsored by DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NFL at NBA. Right now, use the promo code CR Show to claim your special offer at DraftKings. Again, that's Promo Code CR Show. At DraftKings. The crown is yours. Jaguars wide receiver slash cornerback Travis Hunter, who was the second overall picking the draft last spring. His season is over, had surgery to repair the damaged LCL in his right knee. Packers play center Elton Jenkins on injured reserve with a fractured leg, and today at the University of North Carolina, head coach Bill Belichick was asked about his interest in the now vacant head coaching job with the New York Giants.
Speaker 8: I've been done this real before. I'm focused on wait for us. That's it, and that's my commandment of this team. And next week it'll be to our next opponent and so forth. But you know, I'm here to do best I can for this team.
Speaker 4: I was Bill Belichick in Chapel Hill earlier today. Guys, back to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Dan. Is that his modern day version of Onto Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Exactly, It's just wake Forest now to.
Speaker 1: Me, Cove.
Speaker 3: I know he says he wants to stay put, and there's the buyouts and the options.
Speaker 1: There's got to be something a little appealing. Though.
Speaker 3: If you're Bill Belichick, knowing that Dable and this team really under delivered, and you know that they have pieces, they have draft picks, they have potential, wouldn't that be a nice little what do I call it?
Speaker 1: Spot a swansong? Your thing is that? Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Yes, Bill Belichick's swan song, going back to where he started with Bill Parcels in the eighties.
Speaker 8: Yeah, warn a Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: I think he would absolutely love it. I think he's always wanted to go back to the Giants. When you see some of those documentaries, the way that he talks about the Giants stays his boat has eight rings. It's the sixth that he wanted with the Patriots and the two that he won is the defensive coordinator of the Giants.
Speaker 1: It meant so much to Yeah, it would you know, bookend his career perfectly?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think he would absolutely love it and leave in a millisecond. It's just a matter of whether ownership would want him or not.
Speaker 1: Oh man, is he you know? All right?
Speaker 3: Listen I have a question. Tom Brady's got vested injured obviously in Danny G's Raiders. He's part of that team now. But isn't there a part of you Cove that thinks Bill Belichick with that team, maybe Tom Brady, if he wasn't vested with the Raiders, would be like Jackson Dart. I know he seems like an old stiff, but I promise you like he'll take you there.
Speaker 8: I don't know, we'll se.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I don't know where Belichick's head's really at.
Speaker 3: Imagine they imagine he starts coaching there and Jackson Dart starts sleeping with Jordan Hudson.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think she did anything good for his reputation. You know, I'll get him a high five forgetting with her because she's kind of hot, But as far as his professional reputation, no bueno. So interesting story. Now back to Nico Harrison because we have a few phone calls at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox. He was fired nine months after they got rid of Luca, and we post so many questions and theories based on this. Are you, as a fan ever happy? Are you truly happy that you got what you wanted. If that's what you wanted, is that wrong to be happy or a sports So we throw logic out the window. We established that, and Rich, have you ever been the reason? I was thinking about this too? Have you ever been the reason of someone getting fired? Because anytime I have real complaints, like real plants, I always buffer that complain with, Look, I'm not trying to get anybody fired because I don't want that karma. I don't want that revenge that guy trying to get me for getting fired.
Speaker 1: I don't want any of that in my life.
Speaker 2: So I was like, hey, look, I'm not trying to get anybody fired, but this guy did X, Y, and Z.
Speaker 1: Were you ever the reason? No?
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you what, much like you said, there have been times at one of our old jobs, about a decade ago, we saw a guy. We thought the guy was like missing in debt. He didn't show up to an event to find out he's on like a bender, drinking and partying, and we covered for him as a way to be like, hey, listen, Olive branch, like yo, we looked out for you, and I thought that would make us tighter, and it didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't, y know, we got a really bad story. Craig, hold on one second because I'm gonna get to your phone call. But Rich and I were on TV right get this. We worked at a TV channel in New York City, sny sn Y and one of the production dudes fell asleep on the set and we're on the air and we see it and we're like yo, we point at him and the camera guy, yeah, he zooms in on the guy sleeping.
Speaker 1: We just thought it was funny. We did. We thought it was funny. We weren't calling him out. We were friends with the guy. We weren't like attle tailing. We were like, yo, he fell asleep. What a mess?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, for people listening to our show, they know the nature of our show that if let's say, during a break, I was Sam fell asleep, it would become a joke.
Speaker 1: We weren't be like, you know.
Speaker 2: Yo, dude. That was the final straw, and that got him fired. And we felt so bad about that. We really did. But we had a you know, reason with ourselves, like na like it was coming and that was just the last straw. But we did feel bad about it. So if you got what you wanted or you got somebody fired? Is it okay to feel good about that? So Nico Harrison, he'll be just fine. He made his money, but he lost his job. And Craig and Montana, Yeah, say hey Sam, wake up, Sam, come on man, get top. You're talking about Sleepy brouh. Craig and Montana. You're on the you know and Rich show.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, love you. Thanks for to answer my call.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 5: My little story is I was dating two girls about twenty years ago, and one was a dancer professional and one of the hairstylists.
Speaker 3: And basically, hold on, hold on when you say when you say dancer professional, do you mean like in the ballet or a really good.
Speaker 5: Stripper like around the pole?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, okay, I thank you it okay, I just rich kind of professional. Yes, yeah, okay, yes.
Speaker 5: And I was a heavy metal head And basically the dancer girlfriend was huge in the Metallica and I was into Pantera, which did not mesh with Metallica in my brains. And so basically I had to make a decision, and I chose to fire the dancer and and I chose the hair duster and I'm married to her twenty years to this day.
Speaker 3: So wow, you should that's a story of romance. You should have told that at your wedding, I hope.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she was fired basically because she didn't like Pantas, she didn't like Metallica the way you like Metallica, Cove.
Speaker 3: You know, all these stories were talking about tie together, Nico Harrison, Brian Dable, because what happens after you get fired then begins the mission for what's next, and it does tie into the Bill Belichick thing. I know, it's just a rumor. And he quickly was like, antoake forrest wherever.
Speaker 1: But you don't think, well, it would be a really bad taste to entertain that while he's still working as a college coach.
Speaker 3: Agreed, right, But you don't think there's something enticing, Like if there weren't an NFL job, like den Byer said, if there weren't NFL job New York where he started with Parcel, Like everything about that situation seems like, oh, you got Jackson Darda.
Speaker 1: He really wants to say, damn Scibby, get me out of here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, God do you imagine just paying the as Jordan Hudson in New York City?
Speaker 2: I mean he wants to say, yes, absolutely, sign me up, but he can't do that. Nah, I mean I would think that's what I think, That's what I would He knows the NFL, he doesn't know college football.
Speaker 3: When do you judge the trade completely? Danny G I know you're only going at a three and eight Dallas Mavericks team and the Lakers look like again, looks like they're having the most fun time you know in the West. Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Do you see how the Cooper flag move pans out? Do you see how Luca if he wins one?
Speaker 1: Like? When do we get to judge this trade? Is it already judged?
Speaker 2: I think it was judged as of right now every article and just I mean, I don't know, if you just think about it, this is a full admission that they made a huge mistake.
Speaker 1: That's really what it is. I mean, I guess you're right, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: When you say, like you said, when you see Luca playing slap bass with Reeves and hitting all these shots and looking slim and trim, it's like he won the breakup.
Speaker 6: Luca made the history books for the most points scored in a seven game span to open a season, and then on the other side, Anthony Davis has heard again not playing, and that was the one only complaint. As a Lakers fan, I loved watching Anthony Davis, but he was hurt more than he was on the court.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know what that is.
Speaker 2: That's like you left, uh, you left a woman and then she got the glow up like Luca did, and then the one you're with is all hurt and hobbling around like Anthony Davis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't, damn don't. If you call a lot of us fat, you're gonna see some results.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, Yeah, if you if you call someone fat when you break up with them, they're gonna they're gonna look pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: By the way, have you ever dated that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get dirty here, but have you ever dated a girl and then right after you, guys break up, she gets new boobs and you're like, oh, I want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luca got new boobs.
Speaker 2: Man, he won, he won the breakup, and now you're stuck with, like I said, hobbling injured Anthony Davis. Who I want to see he's got he's got deflated boobs, all right, So trying to trying to give the silver lining of losing a gig and getting dumped. It builds character. But this was bound to happen after a three and eight start. Sports, all rationale, all logic is out the window. Fire them because we want results. And that's the world we live in. Grand opening, grand closing, back to back days where people got fired. Here on the Covino and Rich Show. Now, I want to talk your boy Gruden, Danny g We got to talk about Gruden because he said something really interesting about Thursday Night Football. And I don't think anybody's really gonna disagree with what he had to say. But there's a reason why what he's saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think anything will change, but we'll get to John Gruden. I do want to disagree. This's a fun NFL story. We'll get to. Plus we're gonna give away some prizes Shack Diesel trivia.
Speaker 1: Big Shack's coming in the studio. Can't wait for that.
Speaker 3: And I do a hypothetical about state fairs, carnivals, feasts at churches like all those type of like what you eat like bad food. I have a rando question about that. So all that and more coming up next CNR on FSR.
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah, damn, put some stink on it.
Speaker 2: Iowa, Sam, he's playing some groove line right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this is. What is it? I'm gonna get you suck up by the gap band, Yo. This is my jam. That's my thong.
Speaker 2: Baby Cavino and Rich Danny g super producing. It's the show CNR on FSR and his time for our tire Iraq play of the Day, a wild night in Miami as Wiggins soared in the air for a game winning alleyu in over time with four tenths of a second left.
Speaker 1: Come on for Wagons.
Speaker 2: Particular finish for Miami. Wow, damn the heat stay undefeated at home. This courtesy of FanDuel Sports Network SUN and that was our tire Rack Play of the Day. For over forty years, tire Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by the Free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire rack dot Com.
Speaker 1: The way tire buying should be tire Cove.
Speaker 3: There's a John Gruden story. I want to get to but real quick, right quick. At about ten minutes any less second predictions for MLB is going to be announcing their managers of the year.
Speaker 1: Oh, mister Fuji, I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Bobby the brain Heaton, but that's I don't think that's the answer either.
Speaker 1: No, you know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I was thinking about the Tyrack play the day, and I was thinking about Grayson Allen just hitting threes last day. What did he hit, like ten threes? Danny g something like that. Yeah, so basketball heating up for sure. Let's see manager of the year. That's a good one, man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Schneider on the Blue Jays because of what he did, I know.
Speaker 1: Especially from like worst to first, the way they were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think in the NL, I know the finalists are Pat Murphy, the Brewers had their best record ever, you know, Rob Thompson, the Phillies first place.
Speaker 1: Great season.
Speaker 3: But the fact that Terry Francona snuck in like an average Reds team into the postseason. His record speaks for itself. Frankie is just a great baseball guy. I would it be shocked if they give it to Terry Francona Tito Tito.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're right.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden they were contending, and you sort of looked at him like he's the reason for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's the reason. I think.
Speaker 3: You know, his leadership, you could argue is they were a meager eighty what is it, eighty three and seventy nine wildcard, But nonetheless, that's I think an under five hundred team without good leadership.
Speaker 2: I agree it's Cavino and Rich will keep you posted dan Byral hook you up with the updates as they come. But start thinking about this, As Timmy Nobreak says, get this, Yeah, John Gruden is buzzing, chirp and reel out all over social media. This has gone viral and he's calling for the NFL to eliminate Thursday night games, arguing that players don't have enough time to and not only that the coaches don't. He says, no preparation, no time to recover, no chance, get rid of these Thursday night games.
Speaker 1: Dump them.
Speaker 2: It's not fair to the players, it's not fair to the coaches. And I saw this via barstool, I saw it everywhere this morning. Danny G I know you're a Gruden guy, you're a fan. I know this will probably never happen because there's too much money to be made and it's become a part of our life. But he is making sense, right, because we're getting a watered down product as a result.
Speaker 3: But Cavino partnerships with networks and streaming services and billions of dollars will totally eliminate any speculation. But what you're saying, forget about will it happen, because answer is absolutely not. But the reality is we like it because we're selfish fans, like, oh.
Speaker 1: Sweet, another game to watch, right?
Speaker 3: Better than get If you just get banged around on a Sunday afternoon, on a Sunday afterne no home, like four days later, you're you're throwing the pads on again for another battle, like with a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't feel right. I know it doesn't.
Speaker 2: How certain things stick with you for whatever reason. George Kittle, your boy Rich.
Speaker 1: Yes, I said the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always think of this because it was like it was a really great visual and it made you think because you may have been there, you may have not played in the NFL, but unfortunately you've probably been in an accident or two or three, and luckily you survived. He says, recovering from a football game is like recovering from a car accident. You know, when you're really banged up and you're sore, and you really have to work your way through that next week. So imagine getting all banged up, being hit by the most dominant players in professional sports, then have to get back out there again on a Thursday with not only physical recovery, but now you have to mentally prepare for this game.
Speaker 1: It's not possible.
Speaker 3: You're so right that feeling of you know, Luckily, like you said, you don't get hurt, but you getting that fender bender where you're like and my backstiff, my neck hurts a little mine, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: You feel off so out there play feel It.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make sense, but it'll It'll never happen. But should the NFL consider it? They won't, but I think they should.
Speaker 1: Okay, but is that a failed experiment?
Speaker 3: Then it brings up the thought of failed experiments in sports. I'm gonna throw two out there, and then I want to take all the feedback with you, Cove. I know you loved it, but remember the glowing puck in hockey.
Speaker 1: I did like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did like it, but apparently I was the only guy that liked it.
Speaker 3: Another one was past interference challenges because we realized that on any given play there's some type of ticky TACKI push or pull and it was very hard to do. And they said, you know what, it just doesn't work. Challenging a past interference call failed experiment. So if you have other quote failed experiments in sports, yoh, let's chop it up.
Speaker 1: Do you give it up or do you make it better? Right?
Speaker 2: I think the NFL has to figure something out because he's right and everything he said he's right.
Speaker 1: Now think about it and give us a call.
Speaker 2: Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox we got more Cavino and Rich Next on Fox Sports Radio