Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three sixty five Bet five bucks, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you do it's me Joey P. That of course is the Welsh. But don't forget when you go to bet three six five use that promo code leading Off. It's the name of the show. It's why you're here right now watching us live. I see forty plus comments in the chat before I even really got the show going. Today, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks are ready to go Welsh. Life is funny. You want to know why? You wanna know why life is funny?
Speaker 2: Why is life funny?
Speaker 1: Joe, I'm gonna tell you why life is funny. Life is funny because yesterday I told you I had a chance to see Garrick Cole and I said tickets were outrageous blah blah blah. And I also I had to go to home depot or doing home renovations in the bathroom here, I had to go look at some other tile stuff, get a couple things there, and I forgot it's the parking lot directly across from the sumrset Patriots. I saw everybody in their Sodo jerseys in there, Judge jerseys walk into the ballpark. There was an energy around the ballpark. Welsh. It was infectious. It was unbelievable. So I did stand outside of the greatness, but I wasn't in the room for it. You know, I just wanted you to know. It's almost like the baseball gods were trying so hard to.
Speaker 2: Want to do there. You know, it was so funny.
Speaker 3: I was watching it and at the what for whatever reason, on that broadcast, they were like, oh man, everybody, can you also believe today is Dollar Beard or I'm sorry, Dollar hot Dog Day? So they're like, can you believe that people got in get to see a major league or Dollar hot Dog Day? Everyone's and I'm thinking, I know what your guys's tricks are? Eighty five dollars seats with your dollar hot dog. You just moved the prices to the ticket.
Speaker 1: It wasn't originally. I'm almost one hundred percent sure it was not Dollar Dog Night originally. Because I love Dollar Dog Nights. I will go to Dollar Dog Nights. It better be ten, it better be Nickel Doog Knights. Eighty five dollars to watch you know, five innings or whatever, three innings with Garrett Cole whatever it was. But that's We're gonna talk about Gerrit Cole and his performance the second But I want to talk about something else here.
Speaker 2: What was plan talking about Garrett Cole?
Speaker 1: I was just like always, we're gonna talk about Gerret Cole more because gas this is the big headline. You'renna talk about Erreck Cole. But Angelo is the real guy we're gonna bring up here because Glad I started Jared Jones. Now, yesterday Angela wasn't the guy that almost got Roadhouse. Somebody else in the chat, Grizz you know who you are, that was walking the line of getting mcgregord almost almost almost got Carlos, but instead withdrew it. We and that's why we clarify things, because you know, you can never know what someone's intentions are. But Jared Jones one bad start after a rain out the day before on a day game. We can't hold that against him, Welsh, Jared Jones went out there and kicked the crap out of the Dodgers. How you do win, Let's go.
Speaker 3: He shut him down one nothing twelve's twelve swinging whiffs in that one.
Speaker 2: I'm pulling up his whole thing here. His fastball was actually up a mile per hour.
Speaker 3: He I didn't see this. He touched one oh one and a half on the fastball. It was up a full mile per hour. Slider was up almost two miles per hour on average average ninety usually seeking eighty eight. Change up was up, curveball was up. Everything was up four seamens slider combined for those twelve swing and whiffs. Nothing on the change up, nothing on the curveball. Kind of lives in that two pitchy pitch type of world called strike CSW percentage.
Speaker 2: Was really low. By watch it's a bitch bitch.
Speaker 3: World, only twenty one percent on the called called strikes and whiffs. On the CSW percentage, he was effective. This was the Jerry Jones we saw and he played it up. I mean, unless I don't know if this is like a long standing change for the rest of the year that he's dialing it up, or he dialed it up against a Dodger team. Very interesting to see these high v low guys with this stuff dial up and down based on the starts and maybe this was a dial up Dodger thing. Watch it for Paul schemes today. Maybe we're even gonna see some of those crazy v low fastballs. Those guys just not holding it back.
Speaker 1: Maybe here's Grizz though. Grizz also started Jared Jones, So good on you, Grizz. This is why we come here, This is why we have the conversations. We're a group. We're like, I can't imagine Emily here, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. As we're a family. Sometimes the family fights. Sometimes you know, we're gonna have fun together. This is just what we do. But I'm glad that Grizz got those points yesterday from Jared Jones and those stats. Go ahead, Welsh.
Speaker 2: I'm just not as big of a like obvious.
Speaker 3: There's obvious guys that are deserved of benching and like kind of stream if you want to call it streaming, it kind of is.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm just not the type of person that's gonna look at a guy like Jared Jones, who's been a top twenty sp and be like, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, it's the Dodgers. We're gonna have to I'm just starting my stuff.
Speaker 1: Would have been I think it was the combination of oh no, it's the Dodgers plus oh my god, last start was not good. And I think whenever you have somebody that just blows away expectations, like Jerry Jones, expectations I think were they were there, they were present, but he has just destroyed them. And I think when you have a player do that, that's what happens. They go so far past it that they end up, you know, just blowing the minds. We go, Okay, this is too good to be true, and then they have a bad start and then they're facing the Dodgers the next one. You go, but he's been so good, he has earned the right to be in your lineup every week until he has a couple bad starts in the row or you start to see them back off.
Speaker 3: Him in some way. And I guess that's kind of like the thing. It's like Jared Jones. Maybe also he just hadn't earned, in people's eyes, to be like a Max Freed or an Aaron Nola or Logan Gilbert. Do you guys have questions about starting Aaron Nola versus the Dodgers? Is that something you guys think about, Like, I'm I'm starting my studs in most of these instances, and I think the realization is a guy like Jared Jones, I think it's at the point where he.
Speaker 2: Just deserves that, Like he deserves to.
Speaker 3: Be put into that conversation where it's like, if you want a baby ratios, okay, but he's a good strikeout option. He's probably gonna give a team like the Dodgers fits.
Speaker 2: It just made sense.
Speaker 3: It's just hilarious that your guy Jared Jones and my guy Brandon fought. We're both against the Dodgers when people were crying and complaining in the chat.
Speaker 1: Oh they're human. Garrett Cole struck out five and three and the third scoreless innings. He was sitting there in the mid nineties range. I saw him dialed up to ninety seven on a big strikeout. I was watching some of the highlights of that game too from the comfort of my couch yesterday. So they're targeting late June, early July. So what do you think. It's the fifth of June today. Let's look at the calendar, shall we. So if yesterday was three, maybe he starts again. What on the tenth, maybe he goes up to four or five innings. Maybe they probably get on the sixteenth. Maybe we get him up to speed. I don't know, Welsh, I mean, I'd be shocked if we if it was July, it's I think it's gonna be the week of the seventeenth. My guess would be the weekend of the seventeenth there or I'll excuse me, more like the weekend of the twenty first, twenty second, twenty third. I think that's when you should expect coleback and we'll see if his elbow comes with him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go a week after that. I think that's two. They're not gonna have him two starts and then come up.
Speaker 1: No, that would be three more according.
Speaker 2: To the seventeenth though, wouldn't the week of.
Speaker 1: The seventeenth, though, week So I start on the fifth, start on the tenth, start again, perhaps on the sixteenth, and then maybe on the twenty first, twenty second, twenty third that weekend.
Speaker 3: I think that's possible he went like I think they wanted him to go forty or fifty pitches in this one. Next one they're probably gonna push like the fifty to sixty five range, and then you're gonna probably want to push seventy five. They're not gonna make him go like one hundred or anything in a start like this, but he looked good. I watched the majority of this start. The fastball back up hit ninety seven. I mean, these are double guys. This is a pretty tough lineup. There was a rocky lineup. I'd el Amador Young kill Fernandez like there were some really good hitters in there. He was killing those guys with high fastballs. Looked like he was still working on some breaking stuff. I thought it was great. It's something that I go out and I look and I go, you know what, I'm not gonna do trade Garrett Cole. Not gonna trade me Garrett Cole. I'm gonna buy me Garrett Cole because I think Garrett Cole. You see that, and unless you are going to fall in and say, well he's injury prone now, no, he looked like Garrett Cole.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I remember when I had my first beer too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm going to have my first Garrett Cole start in the major leagues this year and all of the rest of them, and he's going to be a top five sp rest of season.
Speaker 1: I realized it is you know what it really is, it's the years of watching Jacob de Grom go through this process over and over again that has scarred me about.
Speaker 2: Mark Pryor before that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but I'm just saying no, but specifically to Grom, because de Gram was that tease of hey, he's the best pitcher in baseball, and he would get he would have these elbow issues and then he would go on the il. You'd not see him for a couple of months. He comes back in these rehab starts, looked good, you ramp up, get him on the mound for two stars. Thanks thing, you know he's gone again. I'm just saying I'm not wishing that on Garrett Cole. To me, it is very scary. It would going into the year you knew, at best you were getting maybe three months out of him. Okay, getting half a season, that's fine. If you got half the cost, good for you. Depends on when you drafted him. At the end of the day. Let's help Luke out because Luke is desperate. Joe Welsh chat, I really need help. Who to cut Doval Sea walt Are Kimberl Welsh easy, Kimberl. Yeah, Luke don't be so desperate next time. All right, let's talk about something else here. George Kirby fanning nine guys, which, by the way, is funny because I'm wearing my first Bueller shirt today. Say, fairest nine guys he fanned. Uh, he's got a four e RA, a seventy four strikeouts just seven walks. To me, Welsh, that should be way better than a if you're pitching like that. So Kirby this year, I think you look at the four ERA you're disappointed. You look at the five and five record, you're disappointed. Man oh man, Like he's delivering that nearly ten to one strikeout walker ratio. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not like the you know, it's not like an awesome win for me because I was the biggest pro George Kirby guy in the world. His expected stats, they definitely are wanting to tell a different story. He's got like a three four expected era, highest career k percentage. He's currently rocking with the lowest career walk percentage. But you know he has been pitching to a little bit more contact. Guys are barreling him up a little bit more. They're not hitting it super hard. Just been some unlucky stuff, but the strikeouts seem to be going. And you know, if you guys remember that was one of my bests. Yesterday we had a nice three and o day I had and after day, and I had this thing coming back to me where baseball's just been weird, where you know, Chris Sale gets blown up by the A's like if you if you know, we're gonna analyze, and it's like, this is what should happen. That should have been a ladder betting day with George Kirby, with some of the performances and how he's done, that would have been the best ladder betting day. But we've just seen weird, weird stuff go on.
Speaker 1: I even had one good ladder bet day all year that I really felt like I was gonna go in. See, we're very careful about that because that's one of those things, like you it's like going on into the poker table, like you don't do it all the time. You go in there when on all the stars aligned, and just so far this year, I mean we're, you know, two once into the season already it hasn't aligned.
Speaker 2: By the way I've done, I'm one and one is.
Speaker 1: That Joy or Jake's I believe it's Joy.
Speaker 2: Joy apology classes on there, Joey.
Speaker 1: They're way over here. I see it now. It's Joy Joy. Sorry about that. Joy Joy says Dodgers aren't the same without Joe's boy, Muncy, you're right. My favorite player, Max Bunzi. I love to have Max Bonsey on the show. I love Me says he's like a hell of a nice guy. Sounds like a guy that you can go out there to, like, you know, you can go out and eat with, Yeah, like Max Munsey, Yeah, like you're gonna have a good dinner. Max Monty says, Hey, we're going out to dinner. We're going to have a good time. Like it's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a guy that you could like say is not good for an entire season and then go hang out with him after and you could be like Max Monthy, it.
Speaker 2: Was not good.
Speaker 1: I'm saying. The guys who had under two hundred just aren't guys that I want to play on my fantasy team.
Speaker 2: I want to hang out with Sharburfest.
Speaker 1: Well, who doesn't want to hang out with Shoburfest. I don't draft you just said, I don't care. I don't. I don't draft them either.
Speaker 2: Unfortunate. That's Corbyn Carroll too, by the way, I don't really want to hang out, Larry's saying.
Speaker 1: Joe's casual. Lean talked to the Welsh with like Michael Jackson the cover of thriller, Will you have a funny story about that? My as a kid, I was terrified of that video, Like if I heard that, like you know the intro that don't don't like.
Speaker 2: If I heard that the zombie thing terrified.
Speaker 1: All I did do is hear it and then I would like run into the other room. And it turned out that was probably a good instinct.
Speaker 2: At the end of are you like a you don't like horror movies?
Speaker 1: No, I still don't know. I'm the big wuss, really.
Speaker 2: Got It's so interesting you and bog me to the same thing. I'm a horror movie buff. I've seen him.
Speaker 3: Oh you name it, I've seen it. No prioritize them, you and Bob, I don't know. You guys just were Is it like a hype thing like under Yeah, short.
Speaker 1: Guys, you yeah, short guys don't like scary movies. Mason win three for three with a homer, two ribies. He's been great. He was my big guy yesterday or should I say last week on the waiver wire to pick up, so hopefully you did. He's sitting three thirty three, three eighty nine to five thirty three in already so far the last couple of games. So just a terrific run for Mason Winn who had that big sixteen game hit straight before that got snapped Nick Cassiano's game winning homer. There you go, carried my Phillies. I'm gonna start calling them my Phillies now, That's what I'm gonna do. Royce Lewis homer walked twice yesterday's return to the Twins. I tried so hard for the last month to get Royce Lewis on my team. I could not do it. I only got him in the home league, not the homegue, the Fantasy pros league that Welsh isn't allowed in. And Louis Heel again another great start for him, six strikeout, six shot out anything. I know everybody I know he's been great.
Speaker 2: Let me so. I was rightfully so.
Speaker 3: My friend Dennis Shidler, he signed Louise Heel to like an autograph deal earlier this year. Genius, we were talking about Louise yesterday.
Speaker 2: I just text him.
Speaker 3: I was like, I love Luise and I just wanted Dentis to know that. And I started to look. Did you know in the A I was looking on.
Speaker 2: The duel the FanDuel he Is. I know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, well you were looking around real quick, you're looking around. Look.
Speaker 3: Louis Heal is number one in al Rookie of the Year voting by a wide margin. He's minus one oh five. The next closest is closer Mason Miller at plus three hundred and Louis Heal right now is eighth in the al Cy Young Awards, and he has a legitimate shot when you look at that group. If he doesn't get held down and maintains ninety percent of who he is, he could win the Cy Young.
Speaker 2: And right now he is running away with the Rookie of the Year. It kills me. He was never on pictures. It's so hard. But you look at the.
Speaker 3: AL Rookie this and he gets lighting money on fires. No, well, no, what for cy Younger Rookie of the Year. Okay, the year there's no one closed. You know who's number three will you're a brave you who just hit the I L. Carter is on the I L. Langford stinks Holiday is its only generated hostess Cookie June.
Speaker 1: It's only just understand that last year Gunnar Henderson wasn't nowhere near that award either. What happened he was, but tell me he was, tell me he was. He was nowhere near that award last year. This time he was, like, he played the whole season thousand here's the difference.
Speaker 3: So he was there the whole season and then he had the Okay, but who's the guy Wyatt length Okay, Wyat Langford.
Speaker 1: Is titimately how could Wyatt Langford not write the same story that Gunner Henderson wrote last year.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's the only one at the point that can do that.
Speaker 1: Bet it just on principle, I'm gonna spipe Langford. Yeah, I'm gonna spipe it White Langford.
Speaker 2: Now after this, I'm not betting heels money at this.
Speaker 1: Knowing and I'm telling you don't and I'm telling you fad it. I'm telling you it's time for spite money.
Speaker 3: So it's Langford because, by the way, your only option is Langford right now, unless you're.
Speaker 2: A super genius and you can see.
Speaker 3: The future, and there's a guy that's gonna come up in two days and run away with it. A closer is not gonna win Rookie of the Year award. No, no, no, get away, get out of here. You host this cookie.
Speaker 1: I could do it. I'm a real boy. I could certainly carry key ways. I really do. Try hard.
Speaker 2: You like my fun, go back, clip it, click clip this. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think there is a guy that can take this over at this point in the AL, the n L is open season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a motor.
Speaker 1: Is. I think you're not giving him enough credit of how no realistic he is. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Have you watched Luise Heel.
Speaker 1: He's been fantastic. Are we going to see him in August in September?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know. I don't know if if three good months is enough to win Rookie of the Year, because we all know it's a recency bias, and at the end of the year, that's what matters.
Speaker 2: It's a second and I don't think it's why.
Speaker 1: It's the hardest award to get right. And the fact that we got the double dip last year of Corman Carrol and Gunnar Henderson on that special right last year is astounding because that is really hard work, because you're such a great prospect person and you pushed hard for it, and I was along for the ride and I put my money where your mouth was basically, which just sounds gross.
Speaker 2: Don't do that again. Don't do that again. Don't put all right.
Speaker 1: Let's do that, Eric Barty, Okay, I'm a Spotify listener, but I call it Today's show Live. What does puppet Joe look like? So I think the only to do that? Do you want to do that? Do it through the full effect where I leave the box.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean if you want to see the box effect, sure you could. Okay, so here you go. So hey yo, everybody, let me tell you about whyatt Langford Pitchers can't win al Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: I know it all Welsh, your dummy, heyo.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. That's excellent. All right, let's do some fun. So I've got so much more to get you. It's gonna be a long showy folks. Hope you love this. Frankie Montas, who I just dropped last week. Finally Struck got nine guys yesterday nine guys. Ellie dela Cruz is tenth to Homer. I was a day late on Ellie de la Cruz. All this is not fun at all. This is all in just for fun, but it's really not fun at all. It's annoying. David Peterson's back. Uh he pitched well six and two thirds innings. Kybert Ruiz, oh for four. Ruiz is now down to one ninety nine batting average, a two thirty nine OBP and a two eighty eight slugging Welsh. Any thoughts on Kybert Ruiz.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have one.
Speaker 1: It's good. Also Ken Rosenthal saying that the Padres are showing interesting Garrett croosch ay thoughts.
Speaker 3: Of course they are any white Sox. They won all the White Sox, all the white sock Dylan Garret.
Speaker 1: They had a Triple A affiliate.
Speaker 2: They officially it's Chicago West.
Speaker 3: The The bigger kind of report actually was going around is that not only like are the Podgers interested in Crochet, but that the White Sox are just throwing it out there, that like Luis Robert probably gonna get traded.
Speaker 2: He returned yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we had that anywhere hit a homer and then I think he got hurt, like right at the end of the ninth inning. But Robert came back hit that homer, and then all the reports out there is the White Sox are willing to look at moving him and Garrett Crochet. They're in that full full rebuild. Actually, don't blame them, because they've got a litany of great young pitching prospects that are ready to come up. I think any move that they make, it's gonna be centered more around big hitting. So a team like the Mariners would make a lot of sense for Robert. And we'll see about.
Speaker 1: Robert to the Mariners makes me run to the board to invest in them for the World Series. And I already have a small investment in them already, Mariners and Phillies. Eric thought that it was a real puppet. Now, Eric, and when we get to twenty five thousand, we're gonna have real puppets of ourselves do the entire show.
Speaker 2: So I did too.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie here, of course is going you people. I people may have online this weekend looked around on Amazon type of puppets they have to see if there was a Joe looking puppet, which is.
Speaker 1: They're great because now on all of Welsh's social media all it says now it's all advertisements for puppets anywhere.
Speaker 3: You ever wanted your own custom puppet on Etsy like that, I don't know. I need an affordable one that looks like Joe and I don't know. Also like do I want my hand up puppet Joe or do.
Speaker 1: I want who oh, let's continue on, Let's not do that rookie looky Connor Norby won for four with a Homer. I want to know about this one though, because Logan Evans the Mariners apparently they're talking about moving into a relief world.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: He was terrific in the month of May. I was look at the game log he was picturing for Double A Arkansas. He's been terrific, especially over the last four or five starts. There some good strikeout numbers for him as well. Twenty three year old right hand or now he might get moved to that bullpen, which might make him move faster along to the Mariners themselves. Your thoughts on this movie or is this gonna be a prospecting guy tomorrow to talk about?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, why would we talk about relief pitching prospects.
Speaker 1: And I meant from a Dynasty perspective, like that, the fact that they seem so high on him they want to get him up to the major leagues. He's not a reliever, he's a starter. Just moving him into a relief role to get him up to the big leagues quicker.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, yeah, but there's a lot of starters in the mind. I'm not saying he will be a relief pitcher moving forward, but there's a lot of guys that are kind of designed to be relievers. There's a guy I've talked about a lot who was an AFL last year, Ameliano Toyoto with the Rangers, got those like one hundred and two hundred and three. He's still a starter in the minor leagues. He's gonna be a reliever at the major league level. This doesn't mean much.
Speaker 2: It actually could.
Speaker 3: Hurt Dynasty because if they love him in that role, look at the rotation, Look at the who are they gonna get. How are you gonna get Logan Evans in unless you have an injury that rotation is I don't think.
Speaker 1: It's this year. I think it's maybe a next year thing, okay.
Speaker 3: But then the prospect guy Connor Norby's the more exciting one that we talked about him yesterday.
Speaker 2: The norms I kind of pooed on, like.
Speaker 3: Ten and small bench, twelve team leagues. But he goes out hits. His first major league hit is a home run. This was exactly why he was gonna hold down Holiday.
Speaker 2: Exactly why Holiday can't win that Rookie of the Year award. He's not coming up anytime soon.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad. It's bad, all right. Three up and three down. Bobby Wit three for five with two homers, Louise Robert two for four with a homer. Mad and Ryan Mountcastle also Mike Mayer's favorite human two home runs, five rubies for him. Three down, Hazus Lozardo nine runs on nine hits, nine runs, seth Lugo five runs. He was no Bueno, six hits. There no bueno for him. Tristan McKenzie five runs for him as well. This is funny because Nick in the chat here was like clairvoyant. This was like five minutes ago. Nick says, Joey p and Welsh, since lazarro is gonna be on the three down, Like, does Nick have access to the show sheet today? How is that? Okay? You got us Nick a good job. What are your thoughts on moving him for maybe a Devers package with Altuove? I don't know if you can get Devors in a package for him, but Altuve maybe that you might be able to pull that one off. What do you think Welsh so.
Speaker 2: Altuve and and Lozardo to get Devers? Is that what he's trying to do?
Speaker 1: He's oh, oh, that's what he's trying to Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it because I.
Speaker 1: Have Devers pack, so Lozardo and Altuve for Devors. I don't know if that gets Devers done. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you can move Lozardo and it gets you Devs, yes, If you had to move Altuve in Lozardo to get Devers, yes, moving Lizardo yes. I've been kind of a like, oh, maybe Lozardo and a new team things might be positive, Maybe a team like the Braves. Whoever is gonna acquire him. I don't know, man, he the inconsistencies have been out there, so I don't know how super super excited I feel about Lozardo, but if you can move him to get something, yes, yes, yes, yes. By the way, a guy who could have been on this list, just want to point out, but he had a lot of unearned runs. Just want to say, shot Toomanaga another they were what I say, I said.
Speaker 1: Show I think he said show. I think you did.
Speaker 2: I did not say show too. I said Shota, Chotamanaga, Shota.
Speaker 1: He gave up a show girl.
Speaker 3: He gave up another five runs, but I think like four of them were unearned. But just want to point out that's two starts where he's getting banged around a little bit. He had a good swinging with percentage, but exit velocities you had on the fastball a one oh eight and a one oh eight.
Speaker 2: Also on the splitter, splitter.
Speaker 3: Getting hit up a tiny bit more and a little bit less effective.
Speaker 1: So not's going off the rails today.
Speaker 2: I did I did not say showto No.
Speaker 1: I not't even know what they're talking about. I can't even bring up with they're talking. I don't want to cancel the chat. So many injuries, let's fly through them and get to the bets and the home run calls A deep breath. Christian Xavier is going to undergo Tommy don surgery. No brainer there, Andre's moon. I was dealing with a back issue after colliding at home. Played Alex Bregmann expras on his hand negative, but probably will miss today. Jack Flawery was removed from Tuesday's start due to back. Titan Robby Ray. If he's float around the waiver wid maybe it's time to add Robbie Ray. Scoreless inning Tuesday and a minor league rehab start. I like that Jung Hu Lee surgery on the shoulder finally happened today. Bobby Miller minor league rehab start. This week. You also had Robert Gasser left elbow. The MRI came back clean, so that's good news for you. Max Scherzer to winning simulated game on Tuesday. Maybe a real life game later this week. Edwin Diaz minor league rehab assignment Thursday he scheduled for and Anthony Rendon could reserve zoom excuse me light baseball activities this week, but when asked about it, Rendon went, eh, I don't feel like it.
Speaker 3: It's like, nah, I'm good, Thanks Pal. I almost went to the Robbie Ray one. I just had stuff going on, but he pitched out here against Felman Selston, by the way, who Robbie Ray struck out all three batters and the only person to do anything was film In Selston. Yesterday Mariner's one of the Mariner's top prospects who hit a double off of Robbie Ray as he was working back. Also, Keaton Win worked that same game and he followed up Robby Ray. So just pointing out for anybody that's looking.
Speaker 2: For those guys. I know I saw that.
Speaker 1: Go cards Car. It's so good I'm not even gonna say it on the podcast. You gotta watch on the YouTube channel, by the way. Also Uncle Ted shout out here. Alec Burlson, another guy from the waiver Wire video. If you're not watching these videos, the trade video on the Waywire video we do every week, you're doing it wrong. Now. Look, at some point here this month, they're probably gonna phase out into pieces of this show, most likely too, because we're ramping up the football cover tier fantasy pros, but we're still gonna do waver Wire Talk. We'll probably end up doing it a segment here in the show, but still subscribe to the channel. Go out there, watch these They're very good stuff. Real quick. Javier obviously a huge loss here for the Houston Astros rotation. Just from a depth standpoint. Aarraghetti also was dealing with an injury too. Like, I don't know, man, it just feels like Houston's windows shut. Do you feel that way? That's what it feels like to me.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think Houston will be one of the aggressors. I do not think they will sell off. If you think that windows shows what.
Speaker 1: Do they have to use to move to get guys?
Speaker 2: Oh, you mean like assets to trade you want.
Speaker 1: If you don't have the goods to get it done.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, well you got Looper Fido, They've got.
Speaker 1: Jacob mill It's a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: They've got Kennedy Krona. They've got some hitters. They've got some lower, lower level guys as well. They've got pieces. The problem is they don't have a lot of great pitching prospects to trade from, but they do have some hitting prospects. They did it with Drew Gilbert. They were able to move Drew Gilbert and Ryan Clifford out. They could do and I think they would consider doing another one of these type of moves. I don't know if it would be for like you know, a lizardo. But you're gonna have to pinpoint teams that are willing to sell off. I think they're gonna ultimately buyers. They spent on Hater, They've got still a couple pieces of that rotation to work with. They've got a great lineup. Jake Myers has been great.
Speaker 2: They're like rotation depth away.
Speaker 3: That is why I think they're gonna go and make an acquisition and not give up.
Speaker 1: It's time to stay red hot, every buddy. We are in a streak this week, and it's time for Wednesday's Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when used the promo code leading off. But you have to use the promo code leading off. That's part of the deal. Eighteen year over in Kentucky gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa. Terms and conditions apply. Welsh red Hot me red hot right now, Let's keep it going. Saint Louis Cardinals on the money line against Houston today getting plus one fifty on this Michaels on the mound, Bregman probably, I haven't seen the lineup yet, but sketching, all right, he's not gonna be there, Tucker. Is he gonna be in this lineup? Have we seen him yet appear in this lineup? So you're gonna be missing some pieces here for this lineup plus one fifty. This is a huge potential road win, big money bet here today. I love this one straight up on the money line, No no qualms about this one.
Speaker 3: Noll.
Speaker 1: Houston's a little weak right now. The airs out of the balloon a little bit too, with some of these injuries. Severina over four and a half strikeouts plus one o six against the Nationals today. More on that game in the second and then the Phillies on the run line plus one twenty five at minus one and a half versus Milwaukee with Aaron Nola on the mound. The parlay of the day, folks, the metsa Nationals same game parlay. Severino I mentioned earlier that over four and a half strikeouts, you're getting a plus one oh six. Add in Pete Alonso to record a hit, just got to record a hit. He's going against Patrick Corbin today. Have you seen the numbers for pet Alonzo against Patrick Corbyn? Five career homers and forty four at bats, nine rebies hitting three eighteen with a thirteen hundred ops. So yeah, I think we're good to go here on that same game, Parlay, Alonso Severino, lock it up, Welsh. What do you have for the people?
Speaker 3: Well, we got some similarities. Also, you said you've been on a hot streak three and oh yesterday. I needed a good one of those. And give you guys that other free play glass now smacked.
Speaker 2: I just didn't put that on the bet card. That smacked as well. So let's see if we can pick a back up.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with that Pittsburgh and that Dodger game. Paul Skeens is on the mound, and there's some actually pretty good support people want to play on the pirate side. Trying to find a way that I wanted to support and get into this game. Can't play the first five, it didn't make sense. James Paxson has some bad expected numbers, but some good surface level. So I'm going to hope and expect that the runs are going to be suppressed for the most part. I don't want to bet on Pittsburgh's offense, so I'm gonna take the full game under. It's at eight and a half, going under right around like one fifteen, one eighteen. You're gonna find that. So I'm gonna be playing that. Paul Skeens is going to do some of his work, Paxson gonna hold down Pittsburgh, and we're not gonna score a ton of runs. On the opposite end, you mentioned that Met Washington game. How bad has Patrick Corban been? In fact, they've been and Sevarino hasn't been so great himself. He's been giving out three or four runs over his last three or four games as well. I'm gonna take and I'm going one step above because the standard line is four and a half runs.
Speaker 2: Over, but it's a little too juiced through the first five innings.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go over five and a half runs through the first five and I'm getting plus money at one oh five. A lot of algorithm stuff has got this going around five and a half runs in general, So I'm gonna just bet that Corbyn, Patrick corbyan gets hit up a little bit. Peter Lonzo, as you mentioned, and we did this yesterday.
Speaker 2: With the Yankees. We're back on it again.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be tailing Philly run line minus one and a half. It's plus money. I think you've seen plus one twenty five. I've seen plus one ten. Either way, it's plus money to back Aaron Nola on the run line.
Speaker 2: With the Phillies. It's a tight day. There's a lot of tight stuff, if you know, if you're trying to get some edges. I didn't find a whole bunch of edges. I also didn't want to get into like.
Speaker 1: Plus one fifty. I'm telling you, I think that that's a fun one. That's a really good one right there.
Speaker 3: I'd love to play some money lines too, but I just didn't even find something I wanted to pair with the Phillies money line.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm playing the run line. So these it's a tight that's trying to go another three and zero. Those are mine.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what, even my part of the day is only plus one sixty, right Like I put those two things together, I'd rather just if I'm gonna put one bet on there, I think it's Saint Louis Catch in Houston and this is one of the things you take advantage of in the betting world when you see a team that's missing some of the regular starters out of their lineup. I then you have to plug in some other guys, you know, to kind of fill the spots. It's a great opportunity to take advantage of that, especially when you see plus money on your way team like that. And the Cardinals at Gorman's been red hot, you know, like there's been some guys Mason Winn we've talked about been outstanding lately. The Cardinals are swinging some bats right now. So those are your best bets of the day for Wednesday. Make sure you download the Betting pros app, start betting smarter, not harder, and make all your bets over on bet three six five. All right, Welsh, I am. It's stagnant on the home run board there. It is the same as yesterday. I'm still at seventeen. The leader is still the leader. I'm keeping it simple today. I told you eleven hundred career ops against Patrick Corbin. A bunch of dingers. Pee Alnzo goes yard yesterday. Peter Alonzo tends to get on a little hot streak sometimes and when he's locked in and he's facing Patrick Corbin. Give me the polar Bear today. Will you pick him for your home run call?
Speaker 2: I was gonna pick him too, but pick money to go.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm gonna stay in that game. I'm gonna stay in that game. Oh, I know, Francisco Lindor.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's what I was gonna get. I was gonna get Lindor.
Speaker 2: With Lindor, I'm gonna go with Lindor in this one.
Speaker 3: He's also got a decent at least from a contact history, not this big of a home run history versus Corbyn like Pete Alonzo does. But I'm gonna stick with you. I'm gonna go with Lindor. It also makes sense because I'm betting the over in that game for runs to be scored. But yeah, you know, it's a little dangerous sometimes Patrick Corban can have those weird games. Baseball's been weird lately. But in a normal world, this is the type of game that.
Speaker 2: You bet on. The Mets just beating up Patrick Corbin early and often so.
Speaker 1: Patrick Corb goes seven score listenings tonight.
Speaker 2: Probably that's all the Corbyn's not good. This year.
Speaker 1: There you go. Now, look, if you want the continuation of this conversation, join us over on our discord Fantasy pros dot com slash chat again cleaning up live directly after the show. You can talk to us and drop your questions in the chat. But we love to talk to you, so come be a part of the program. Will make you famous. It's a good time again Fantasy pros dot com slash chat. It is free to join Welsh again. What's the direct link where people can go to get the sh for the cleaning.
Speaker 2: Up fantasypros dot com slash cleaning up.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, directly to the discord room. You could go do it right now. Right you will be in the waiting room and you'll hear the little like music, video game music.
Speaker 1: Rock out to the music. Well, we got to go because that's gonna happen, So join us over there right now. Come hang out with us. We'll be back tomorrow prospecting of the Welsh. Lots of fun stuff. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by
Speaker 1: Leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB