Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Betting Pros. It's time to place your bets. It is me Joey P joe P Zapia, and it's time to look ahead for the games in week and nine in the NFL. Some really good value last week early on, we nailed the Cincinnati Bengals. We also nailed the under on the Jets Giants, which wasn't too hard, but still we nailed that one anyway, and a few other gems. A few things did not go our way, but that's okay. That's the nature of the Beast. We're always going to be here making sure we celebrate the w's and well take responsibility for the ls. That's also a big part of this and to help us get through week nine and see if there's some early value this week, Pat fitz Morris and Sam Hoppen joined me as always here on the program. Gentlemen, let's jump right into it. Before we get to some of the pieces this week that we want to take some early looks on, I want to remind everybody we've got a new giveaway for you, a one year subscription to our premium Betting Pros for free. You can win this. All you have to do is drop a comment below, subscribe to the Betting Pros YouTube check and all. That's it. That's all you gotta do and click those notifications so you know if you are the big winner of the one year free premium upgrade to our Betting Pros product, don't forget with BP bets smarter, not harder. So let's do that. Let's bet smart here, and let's start with Thursday night football, always a fun place to start. I guess we're gonna get Mitchell Trubisky for this game. I don't know, it's early, so we'll not sure what we're gonna figure out here. But Will Levis we are going to get again in Week nine in the NFL. Will Levis somehow was the cheap coat unlocking DeAndre Hopkins. Who'd have thought the number for this game, gentlemen, is thirty six. Right now, the Pittsburgh Steelers are three point favorites at home against Tennessee. If you like Tennessee for the upset plus one thirty that's available as well. Pat let's take a look at this game here. I know Levis exceeded all expectations the Pittsburgh Steelers. The injury to Kenny Pickett really kind of ruined that opportunity for them to win at home against Jacksonville. So what do you make out of this early line that you see so far?
Speaker 2: I can't in good conscience take these dealers here, Joe, like they've just burned me too many times. And I thought it was such a good spot for them coming out of the by against the Jaguars. I thought they would circle the wagons and have their act together, and that really wasn't the case. So are they going to write the ship in three days? I'm skeptical, But at the same time, I also worry that the encore for will Levis won't go as well as the debut. So I'm not sure if I see any value here to either side. But I've already bet the under. I think we could see one of the lowest totals of the year in this game. It's thirty six and a half was the open. I think it's going to continue to go down, so I wanted to grab it at thirty six and a half. I think it goes down to thirty six, maybe thirty five and a half before kickoff on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the under is my early lean on this one, as well, Sam, maybe they can petition to wear the Oilers jerseys every week. Maybe that's the thing for Will Levis. If I was in that's what I'd be doing. What about you here in this one, Sam? Do you think the Unders a way to go? You think maybe just keep rolling with Bill Levis and Hopkins and the Titans on the money line.
Speaker 3: I think that if you're going to back the Titans, the money line is the way to go, because you're sort of betting into the variance of Will Levis, not you know, totally knowing what he is at this point.
Speaker 4: It was kind of weird. Vraybel came out.
Speaker 3: This morning and said that Levis was the starter, but then I think he said that he was going to be the starter if Tannehill couldn't go. So I don't know if that's him trying to lead on that Tannehill is maybe healthier for the trade deadline that's coming tomorrow. But I do think that the Titans, again in this spot with a thirty six point total, are an incredible teaser leg seizing him out to eight and a half. You know you've got the wrong teaser aspect of this. I don't see a situation where the Steelers are blowing out this Titans team.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna go to Germany for a big game here. This was a fun one. The Cads City Chiefs coming off a very tough loss here, they are six and two. They'll take on the six and two Miami Dolphins. So fifteen and a half is the number for this one. Miami on the money line is plus one twenty five. But as one would imagine, the Kansas City Chiefs two and a half point favorites. Now, Sam in this game yesterday, obviously it was a little rough sledding there for Patrick Mahomes. He was ill, he was playing through it. He did not look quite like himself, I think, in this game. But no excuses. It was not a good loss for them on the road against Denver. Now you got to travel from Denver, you gotta go all the way to Germany. What kind of impact you think this has on Kansas City and on this line potentially as the week goes on.
Speaker 3: I think the line's about right. I made this Kansas City three and a half, and after thinking about it more, I think Kansas City being on the other side of three makes a lot more sense for me. The early lean I have is to bet the under. I mean this is these are two teams that are have some great offenses. But I've talked a lot about recently how well the Chiefs defense has been playing. The Dolphins defense is getting a little better. They got Jalen Ramsey back this past week. And again, Miami hasn't played a great schedule. They've played the Giants, the Panthers, Patriots, and the Eagles in the last four weeks so and they lost that game against the Eagles. But I do think both of these teams traveling abroad for the first time I remember the last time either of these teams were abroad, but doing so with Patrick Mahomes again coming off of the illness, that offense took a little bit of a step back for sure. So I leaned the under here. Fifteen and a half is a lot, and there's a chance we could see some fireworks. But I think that all of those factors contribute to this going under.
Speaker 1: Pat This one, to me is an individual game. I'm looking for individual props here because I'm kind of where Sam is. I think the Lions just feel right for this well. They're giving Miami enough respect and also Kansas City as well. But what are your thoughts on this one? Do you see any early value?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not really on either side. And we've seen the Dolphins establish this pattern where they beat up on lesser teams and then wilt against the like super Bowl caliber teams, and I don't know if we'll get that same script. The Chiefs really did not play well against the Broncos. That's an understatement, I think, and so maybe it's a good bounce back spot for them against a team that has not handled quality well. But I don't really want to bet the Chiefs here at this number. I will be looking at the travel itineraries shoe to see if anyone makes the dubious decision to fly over on Friday, and if they do, I'm going to be betting against that team. But hopefully these teams are going to be a little smarter than that. We've seen that happen with the late rivals in the past usually get their lunch eaten in the overseas game. I'm a little on the opposite side of the total lough. I kind of think we're going to see fireworks in this game. Like when I saw this at fifty and a half, I My inclination was to think that was a little low of where I thought it was gonna be. I thought we'd see something closer to fifty two. So Sam could be right. The last four Chiefs games have played under but I do think we're gonna see points in this game. I kind of think it goes over.
Speaker 1: Sam.
Speaker 4: You had something to add here, Yeah, a couple things.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs had five turnovers this past week against the big Broncos. I don't think that holds up against the Dolphins. I could be wrong, but I do think the Dolphins are going out to Germany today Monday, and the Chiefs are going out there later this week, so it could be something for you to consider their pet.
Speaker 1: There you go. Look at that. Pat's already clicking on the Betting Pros app right now. I could feel it going. Don't forget to make all your picks count too. Join our NFL contest bettingpros dot Com slash NFL Contest. It's free, it's fun. You don't even have to make wagers. You just got to make picks. Just make five a week, one hundred on the season, and the winner is a Jackson Smith and jigbu Jersey We're also giving away weekly prizes monthly prizes BP the Upgrades FP Upgrades. We're also giving away gift cards to our Fantasy pros and Betting pro shops. So have some fun, make some picks, compete against us at bettingpros dot com, slash NFL Contest, or just click on the community tab on your VP app and join the NFL Contest there as well. Next one here, Minnesota Vikings. Poor Kirk Cousins, you know, just when things were going better for the Vikings. It's tough, man, It's tough to be a Vikings fan. Thirty seven and a half is this number as they travel with Jaron Hall likely to play quarterback here against the Atlanta Falcons. Now, the Falcons secondary did not play well this past week against the Titans, and I don't want to talk too much about that, but look, we'll see what the health is of Desmond Ritter. Tarol Heineke did come in and play in that game. So these are two four and four teams. I'm not sure where we stand with them, but Atlanta is a four and a half point favorite in this game. The number for the Vikings plus one point eighty pat This one kind of scares me because I know it's like, Okay, we're losing our quarterback, we're losing all these things, and then we're going on the road. But you know, the Falcons have been kind of an enigma all year. I would not be shocked here looking at this money line and the plus one eighty if the Vikings just won this game. Outright, I'd like to hear a little positive news here for some practices about Hall. But what do you think here? What do you make of this one? Any early value?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we get our first possible battle of the backup quarterbacks on Thursday, and we get our second one in the early window with this one, because we don't know what the status is for Desmond Ridder, like there were reports that he was being checked for concussion, but we don't know whether it was play related or injury related, and whether we're going to see Ridder or Heineke getting the start this week. But the Falcons do get their second straight game against a non first round rookie quarterback making his NFL debut. Didn't go so well for them last week, with Will Levis torching that secondary as you mentioned, Joe and beating the Falcons twenty eight twenty three.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I can't bet either side. I'm not willing to take the points or lay the points. But six of the Falcons eight games have gone under the total this year. Seven of the Vikings eight games have gone under the total. We've got at least one and maybe two backup quarterbacks playing in this game. Thirty eight seems pretty optimistic for that total, So I've already hit the under on this one, and I think this is another game we see go down in the total as the weekend goes along.
Speaker 1: So many backup quarterbacks, second certing quarterbacks, third string quarterbacks even that have made their appearances this year. Sam thirty seven and a half. Again Les Patt's point, it feels like another one where maybe the under is the early lock in here.
Speaker 3: What do you think it probably is? I mean, this is just a shame with what's happened at Kirk Cousins. I know that he's been the butt of jokes in the past, especially in a primetime games, but he was having a pretty good season this year and over the last couple of games had probably his one of the best games of his career in primetime last week. But I can't touch this game without knowing what the Vikings are going to do. I don't think Jared Hall is a feasible option at quarterback, and I know he's not a first round pick, but he's definitely not on the level of Will Levis, who got taken at the beginning of the second round. So I think there's an opportunity for the Vikings to go after a Colt McCoy, a Carson Wentz like some one of these veteran guys who I think can keep the offense at a higher floor than what Hall would bring. So I'm staying away from the game. I think it under is probably the best bet right now, but this is.
Speaker 4: It just it really sucks.
Speaker 1: I think the under is the safest one too. And I will say this, of all the games we've talked about so far, just sort of like the early one with Tennessee, this one to me even more so the way Ritter has struggled. If he comes back or not, we'll see what Heineke does of this offense if he gets more of an opportunity. But and a half, it doesn't feel like by the time we get to Sunday that number is gonna still be available. This feels like it's going to continue to go down. Seattle is gonna travel to Baltimore, Baltimore six and two handling their business, Seattle eking out a victory here in dramatic fashion. They are gonna be five and a half point underdogs heading to Baltimore this week. Forty three is the number plus two hundred on the Seattle side on the money line, Sam, your thoughts on this contest here? Does Baltimore really handle Seattle, because theoretically they should, but sometimes that's not always gone the way.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I made this Baltimore by four and a half when I was first going through the games.
Speaker 4: I struggle with this one. This is gonna be a fantastic matchup.
Speaker 3: I think the Seattle defense has played a little bit better than what their actual actual personnel dictates. They haven't allowed a positive EPA per play since week four. Again, granted, the offense hasn't played that great either. They haven't had a positive EPA per play since then, either. But I do think that Gino Smith has really grown into some of the deep ball passing he's had. I think that's where you can attack this Ravens secondary. This is a lower total obviously not as low as as some of the games we've already talked about, but I think with that in consideration, I'm taking the points with the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Pat your thoughts on this one. Forty three is the number here. Sam likes the Seattle side in the five and a half. You think they can keep it close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the Seahawks are for one on one against the spread in their last six games. They are on an upward trajectory, but some are the Ravens. They're rolling. They've won three straight and they've won them all by at least a touchdown. Plus we have a West Coast team going out east for an early kickoff. I tend not to like betting the West Coast teams under those circumstances, So I don't know. I'm not really leaning strongly to either side, although I like the Ravens as a slightly better percentage play. Perhaps I'm more inclined to go with the under here. The last twelve Seahawks games, eight of them have played under, and for the Ravens, twelve of their last eighteen games have played under plus. Nine of the last ten Ravens home games have played under. Opponents just don't score a lot at M and T Banks Stadium, So I think I'm gonna bet the under here and layoff the side.
Speaker 1: Bears are coming off a Sunday night loss here to the Chargers. They are two and six, so we don't know if they can have justin fields for this game. Right now, the number is seven heading into New Orleans again, New Orleans seven point favorites, and this one Derek Carr's been airing the ball out lately, that's for sure. Forty one and a half is the number for this one. If you like the Bears in the upset, it's plus two forty five over on betting pros. So Pat, let's talk about this. Do you want to lock in this seven now in anticipation of fields not playing or do you want to potentially wait this one out and see if there's any change and then a field's return this week.
Speaker 2: I think I want to sit this one out, Joe. We have talked about the vexing unpredictability of the New Orleans Saints this year. They have been my bete noir as far as betting, my betting bet noir. Yeah, like I just and we've seen the Bears like they haven't been good all year, but the two wins they have been very convincing blowouts of the Commanders and Raiders. So the big wild card obviously the status of Justin Fields, and I'm disinclined to make a bet either way on whether he comes back or not. So I'm just gonna sit this one out and let someone else try to pick the Saints correctly because I just can't say them.
Speaker 1: Are you as vexed as pat is on this one?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am.
Speaker 3: I The Saints offense has actually looked pretty good. Obviously, had the sort of a stinker against the Jaguars on Thursday Night Football a couple of weeks ago, but there they have so many great weapons on offense, and I don't see how this Bears defense is able to stop that, even if Derek Carr, you know, goes back into his shell. So I think laying seven points against the or with the Saints, I guess it is tough. I think I'd rather again combine them with the Titans, like I mentioned earlier in a teaser leg.
Speaker 1: All right, so teasing in around there, Let's go to the next one here, Arizona and Cleveland. Cleveland really had a lot of opportunities to win that game in Seattle, and they just couldn't take advantage of those opportunities. They are now four and three. They are gonna head back home here with the Arizona Cardinals. Now I doubt we get Kyler Murray back in this when it seems to be like we're gonna wait another week for him. Cardinals are one and seven. The Cardinals always keep these you know games. They have a tendency to continue to compete, which is always a dangerous thing for some of these lines. The number is seven here Cleveland being the favorite at home. Thirty eight and a half is the total plus two to fifty for Arizona. Sam When you're taking a look here at this one, do you think Cleveland handles this one in the seven points very easily or do you think this could be a struggle for them.
Speaker 3: I think it could be a struggle. I mean, this offense still looks out of sorts. They have a really great game plan against the Seahawks this past week with the screen game they got working, but their defense is looking not like the historical defense we were expecting. Both Zadarias Smith and Alex Wright left the game this past week, as did corternerback Greg Newso the Arizona offense isn't getting much better, but I just don't trust the Cleveland offense to move the ball enough to win by more than seven points, even against the Cardinals defense. So I think again, with the lower total, I'm taking Arizona with the points pad.
Speaker 1: Do you trust the Cleveland defense though, to get a score in this game and maybe make this seven a little bit more comfortable than we realize?
Speaker 2: I think that could happen, And despite some of the injuries, I think I'm still inclined to bet on the Browns defense because of how deep that unit is and how many impact guys they have in that unit as game and effort the Cardinals have been giving us every week. They have lost five straight games and all of those losses have been by seven or more points, and on the road this year zero to four, and all of those losses had been by nine or more points. So I think I'm going to take the Browns at home here, even laying a touchdown or more.
Speaker 1: Battle of two three and four teams here. The Houston Texans at home two and a half point favorites against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Also, three and four forty is the number for this one. Again, not a very inspiring total necessarily plus one twenty six for the Bucks on the money line. Now, the Bucks did hang close, So on Thursday Night Football last week, Bobby and I did nail that one on the nine and a half. They covered that bad boy. This one is a tighter margin here, two and a half. Pat When you're looking at this one, do you see any early value potentially with the Bucks in Houston or do you think Houston gets back home and gets back right after disappointing loss to the Panthers.
Speaker 2: I think I do see a little early value with the box show. And I know that the Texans toast stubbing against the Panthers upset some people, but some of us thought the Texans were maybe coming into that game a little overvalued in the betting markets, and some of us took the Panthers in the points. So yeah, I think Sam and I might have been on different sides of this one last week.
Speaker 1: And Erickson was on that Carolina Panthers side. He was talking about this on Friday, talking about the showing up there, and I understand, you know, team's coming off by you think, Okay, you know the Houston's played well, But Sam, when you're looking at this one too, is the right way to go. Just straight for the Tampa Bay money line and plus one twenty six here.
Speaker 3: If you want to bet back the Bucks, sure, I mean this is this one. I didn't really have a good leanod because again I think the Texans aren't as good as I thought they were.
Speaker 4: I didn't catch much of the much of this game.
Speaker 3: I need to go back and rewatch it just to see what happened in the Texans offense because they were in a perfect spot against the Panthers, and so I do think the Texans again should be able to have some success through the air. I do think the under on this game is in play just because both of these teams love to run a halfback dive on first and ten and it just sets them back right away. So I'm hoping that Texans win because I like this team. I love what Demiko Ryins has been doing. But from a side perspective, I'm not touching it right now.
Speaker 1: New England Patriots at home, coming off a game another loss to the Miami Dolphins. There again, they competed, they kept it interesting at least towards the end minus three. Though they are favorites at home against the Washington Commanders, who constantly play up and down to their competition. So another weird, dangerous spot. They're so competitive against the Eagles and another teams. You watch them play and you just trying to figure out, how do you not just wiping the floor with the Giants? I don't know. Forty is the number for this one plus one thirty for the upset on the Washington bunny line? Sam, what do you make out of this one?
Speaker 3: I think I'm going with Washington and probably the money line. At first glance, I didn't really see much value in this. I made the game exactly what it is right now. But looking a little bit deeper into it, the Patriots defensive weakness is through the air. They get a thirty percent pressure rate on defense, and obviously we know the biggest weakness for Washington is Sam Howell taking sacks. So I think with the way that offense is clicking, I'm enticed to take again Washington with a little bit of variance and hoping they come away with that victory.
Speaker 1: Pat do you see things the same way here as Sam? In this game against Washington and New England.
Speaker 2: I'm inclined to trust Sam, but I'm probably just gonna, you know, cheerlead for him, while I don't bet this game at all, because like, I can't trust the Commanders. You said it, Joe, Like, how how does this team play the Eagles so tough twice and then get completely stopped by the Chicago Bears. And meanwhile, we've got the Patriots who went one in four in October one and four against the spread in October, but the one win was against the Bills at home, So like, if they can beat the Bills at home, they can't handle business against the Washington Commanders. I just I can't trust either of these teams.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to about this one. Now. This one is very interesting coming up next because you have the Green Bay Packers at two and five. This is kind of I don't want to be dramatic, but this is kind of their season here. I can go to two and six, this is done. It's over the Los Angeles Rams, another team that you know, we just try to keep trying to figure out. This is going to be their second consecutive road game for them as well. The Packers are still three and a half three point favorites in this one. The numbers thirty nine and a half plus one forty four of the Rams on the money line. Pat, I feel like the wrong team is favorite in this game. But I can't make a logical cojin argument as to why the Rams should be favored, except for the fact that if Matthew Stafford is healthy enough to play, that this should be a game that the Rams go out there and handle their business against frankly an offense in Green Bay that has just not worked. Let's just call it what it is. So the question is the Matthew Stafford health. That's the thing that's holding us up. So do we want to jump on this game now and bet that Stafford's gonna soldier through this injury or do you want to wait and get more information and maybe miss some value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on the fence here, Joe, because on Sunday night this game was Packers by one and a half. And I saw your point about taking the Rams getting points in Green Bay when their offense has been functioning in a much higher level than the Packers offense of late. But at the same time, if Brett Rippen is the starter for the Rams as a warm weather team coming into LAMBA on what should be a pretty chilly Sunday afternoon next week. Like, I think the Packers are actually of value at anything a field goal or less if it's ripping starting. So man, Like, yes, I want to bet something now to try to get a beat on this game before we know more about Stafford's injury. But like, I don't know which way to go with this one, because you know, would feel wrong about the Packers if it was Stafford playing. It would feel wrong to have the Rams if it's ripping going into Green Bay. So man, I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and lay off this one.
Speaker 1: This is a tricky situation here, and I'm stuck between Instead of two ferns, it's two Packer fans, So cheeseheads. Come on, Sam, are you gonna put the final nail on the coffin for the Packers here with the Rams? Or are you gonna wait this one out?
Speaker 3: Oh, We've already put the nail in the coffin. I know this is a football podcast. I've got the Bucks shirt shirt on today.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've already transitioned to NBA. I'm wearing the Bengal shirt from my Bengals money line pick that paid off big time. Let's go. They said San Fran wouldn't lose three games in a row. Sam and I say, hold my brock party. I say, just wait.
Speaker 3: We're already firing up the mock draft simulator seeing how many picks it'll take straight up to the number one spot for Caleb Williams. But onto analysis of this game, Jordan Rodrik of The Athletic did report this morning that the Rams are evaluating a number of options with Matthew Stafford. They're going to test his test his thumb out and how he can grip the ball throughout the week. I think the chillier conditions in green Bay, combined with the fact that the Rams have a bye following this game, keeps Stafford out of this game. But I honestly still kind of like the Rams. I mean, they've been running the ball a ton the past several weeks. Their passwright over expectation is deep in the negatives, I mean to a Falcons esque level, and the green Bay deep rush defense had its best performance against Minnesota this past week. But I think the Rams are just going to hand the ball off to the combination of Daryl Henderson and Royce Freeman, who have played pretty okay in the stead of Kyron Williams. So I think this is I mean again, the coffin is in or the nails in the coffin for the Packers already. I think the Rams honestly have a chance to steal this one, even if Stafford is out.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I like the three already with the Rams. Just give me the three in the Rams right now and we'll see how it goes. And if Stafford ends up, you know, clearing through and they think you can give it a go, then double down with it and take the Rams on the money line. That's how I look at this one. Indianapolis going against Carolina. Carolina gets their first victory, Indy coming off another l here they are now three and five. They're gonna still be road favorites though minus two and a half of the Colts here at minus one fifteen forty five is the number for this one. Carolina. Can they do it too? In a row? Plus one point thirty says if they can, Sam Hoppin, what do you say.
Speaker 4: This one's tough?
Speaker 3: I mean the Colts's road favorites is kind of stinky to me. I think that that said, Shane Steichen has been such an upgrade at coaching for the Colts obviously, you know, I think Frank Reich last year got jobbed a little bit. But man, if they had stuff with stuck with Jeff Saturday, I don't know what this team would have looked like. But in any case, I struggled to have a take on the side here. All of the Colts games this year have been points fest. They play super fast, they play well enough to move the ball. I do think the market has caught up to that a little bit with the total where it's at, so I think it's a little bit too high for me to go over, even though again the Panthers in their win only scored fifteen points. So this is just a complete stay away from me.
Speaker 4: All right? Pat?
Speaker 1: Are you running the other direction from Panthers and Colts too, Joe?
Speaker 2: The Saints are the one team, the first team that I don't want to touch. That just terrify me, and the Colts are the other like the other team I can't get right on. We're on the eve of Halloween here, Joe, and I think my Halloween horror would be betting Saints Colts games every week, so I'm glad we're not getting that matchup again. I'm not going to bet either side on the Colts. I don't like them as a road favorite. But the Colts have become one of the most predictable over teams in the National Football League. They've gone over the total in four of their last five. The average point total in Colts games this year is fifty four point three points, and six of the Colts eight games this season have played over fifty points. So I'll ride that trend and take the over here, even though you know the Panthers might need a little help getting that point total up, but maybe the Colts can oblige and put up thirty.
Speaker 1: Or all Right, this one's definitely a must watch game. You're gonna like this one. The Eagles seven to one are going to host the Dallas Cowboys of five and two. The Cowboys looked great, phenomenal game for them. They were rocking and rolling, Dak Prescott throwing the ball over to play Ceedee Lamb crushed that five and a half receptions over we talked about on Friday. Bobby, by the way, was four out of five out of his picks on Friday to great job at a him. Forty six is the number for this one plus one thirty five for the Cowboys. Upset. I'm gonna keep this one easy, Pat for me. Give me the Eagles in the three right now, because I know the Cowboys look great. Everyone's talking about the Cowboys are back and all this stuff I said from before the season. During the season, even when people were concerned, I still think the Eagles are the class of the NFC by a long shot. I don't want to hear anybody tell me differently, so be careful because if you tell me differently, we might have to have words. I don't know, but what do you think here about this when the Cowboys and Eagles, Because I just want the Eagles in the three and just walk away from this one. I'm confident the Eagles at home are going to handle their business.
Speaker 2: At first Blush. I like the Eagles in the under Joe. But here's what scares me about this game. It's starting to look like pass coverage is a real achilles heel for the Eagles, and we saw that yesterday with the Commanders and Sam Howell, well, I'm not even sure if he's a good quarterback, yet just picked the Eagles apart, Like, if their pass rush does no get home, these Eagle cornerbacks cannot stay with wide receivers, and like, that's a big problem with Ceedee Lamb coming to town off a twelve catch, two touchdown game. So man, like, I think I'm gonna stay away from this one. I just like I can't back the Eagles when I was so horrified by their pass defense yesterday.
Speaker 1: You make a great point about that, and that is a good logical point. My point is a little bit more on the emotional side, Sam, which is I don't think the Dallas Cowboys have the mental and emotional fortitude to go into Philadelphia and win a football game. I just don't think they're that team. They have not shown me they're that team. Just because you beat the Rams this week does not necessarily change my opinion of that. What say you?
Speaker 3: I disagree. I think the Cowboys are in a great spot here. Pat mentioned the Eagles pass defense. Over the last four weeks. They've allowed a ten point four percent explosive pass rate that is thirtieth in the league. Meanwhile, over that same stretch of games, the Cowboys offense is first having a ten point seven percent explosive pass rate the Eagles. Excuse me, the Cowboys defense is still getting a ton of pressure on opposing quarterbacks. The Eagles offensive line has has struggled a little bit lately. They're allowing a thirty to nine percent pressu rate over the last four weeks. The Dallas passing offense just looks great. I mean, Dak is out there dropping some dimes that touchdown pass to Jake Ferguson just over the defender's head. He's been playing exceptionally well. The Cowboys are starting to pass the ball a little bit more. I think they understand that the rushing offense is just not what they might have expected it to be. So I think Dallas can go into Philly and take the upset or at least cover the three points.
Speaker 1: Now, after all of that, I think I want to tease this and I want to take the Eagles by even more. That's what I think. That's what I think. Enough see everyone bet that they do this all the time. You start to lot cooking the Cowboys. They're looking good again. There's such a public team, and I was gonna go run and bet the Cowboys. Now stay with the Eagles. Let's see on Monday. If I'm right or wrong, then the Boys can hammer me. If I'm wrong, we'll see what happens. The New York Giants two and six will take on the Las Vegas Raiders. Three point underdogs going into Las Vegas are the Giants thirty eight and a half is the number for this one. The Giants on the money line plus one forty possibly Daniel Jones coming back here in this one. Sam, I know some of these games are pretty ugly.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: We've got two more left after this, one of which is much more exciting. So do you want to just fast forward through Giants Vegas? Or does something that appeals to you.
Speaker 4: Pass? I'd be like the Giants. Out of twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Success rate on Sunday, like almost three quarters of the plays got them further away from scoring.
Speaker 4: It was just so so bad.
Speaker 3: I know there was the rain, Tyrod getting hurt. Daniel Jones is clear to return. It sounds like he's going to play in this game. But I still think the Raiders' offense is pretty solid and they'll be able to move the ball. So give them the Raiders, I guess give me.
Speaker 1: The over on Saquon Barkley's carry total whatever that is, what the rushing attempts are over. That's how you bet this game. Pat, you see anything else, you'll like this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean laying a field goal or more with the Raiders, Like give me the points every time against Josh McDaniels and the Raiders, Like, especially with Daniel Jones coming back? Will this be the first time all year where they have Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley health?
Speaker 1: Hear?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: First little while?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Healthy, that's a different question. Healthy since Week one maybe or two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. I guess early in the season. So I'll take the Giants and the points here. Like, I know, they haven't given us much reason for optimism yet. But I don't like the Raiders. It's a big favorite.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm not a big favorite. They are they are the standard favorite. They are the home here's three points. There, you go too big to be fair enough? All right? Well, how about the three points that the Cincinnati Bengals are getting at home against the Buffalo Bills. Forty eight and a half is the number on this one plus one thirty for the Buffalo Bills. You know where I'm gonna go. I'm representing who Day, Let's go. Let's go a little Cincinnati Bengals action. I picked the Bengals last week. I canna keep rolling with them. I think the Bengals are favorite for a reason in this game. I think the Buffalo Bills, you clearly can see they missed certain of those missing pieces on defense. Joe Burrow looked by far the healthiest he has been getting out of sacks running around in the pocket. I think the rest of the AFC better get real worried here because the Bengals are getting back into this thing. So pat do you think they handle the Buffalo Bills here at home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this line's really interesting joke because the Bengals do look like the Bengals again, and the Bills haven't really able. They haven't been able to get decisive wins against bad teams. They're last three games one score games against the Buccaneers, Patriots, and Giants. They lost the Patriots game and came within a whisker of losing that game to the Giants. I think when we look at the power rankings this week, like when Massy Peabody updates their ratings, it's gonna say that the value is with the Bills. But that's taking into account the entire body of work, where the Bengals were so out of sorts early in the season and now they are just humming again, and they're basically back where they were the last couple of years as valid Super Bowl contenders. So I can't blame you. I'm leaning towards the Bengals here as well.
Speaker 1: Sam, Come on this plenty room on the train, Hop a board, let's go. We're going to Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Look, this is gonna be some good, clean fun. We're gonna start our Sunday morning with a matchup between the two MVP favorite. It's gonna roll into the afternoon with Ravens at our Seahawks Ravens. Then we're gonna get a nice Mattine viewing with the Cowboys and Eagles, and then we're gonna wrap up our night with this Bill's Bengals.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's gonna be phenomenal. They have football.
Speaker 3: I'm on the Bengals though I took them at two and a half this morning. They were one and a half even earlier this morning, So getting a lot of steam here for the Bengals. But you mentioned it, Joe Burrow looks healthy. In weeks one through six, Joe Burrow took fifteen snaps from under center. In week eight alone, he took fourteen snaps from under center. His health is going to open up this offense so much more. Obviously, the Bills get some extra rest playing on Thursday Night Football the previous week, but they just don't look like the juggernaut that they used to be. Have had some issues. I think some of the decision making that Sean McDermott made in that game against Tampa Bay was very suspect and it kept the Buccaneers in that game to the point where if Chris Godwin turns around a little bit earlier, like they are losing that game and are you know, just even further behind the Dolphins. So I like the Bengals in this. I think the Bengals are just looking like they can make a real, real run here.
Speaker 1: All right, one more game Monday Night Football, because you know, the NFL loves to put these New York teams here on the standalone games. We've got to do it every week. It feels like I've got to have at least one of them. The Jets at four and three somehow won that football game. Don't ask me how I watched it. I watched the highlights twice. I still can't understand how that all happened. Four and three, they are two and a half point underdogs, though to the Chargers forty one and a half is the number plus one twenty five for the Jets side. Sam, We're giving the Jets a little too much credit here at this plus two and a half number here. I mean, look, I don't love the Chargers, and I never love the Chargers traveling across the country, and I never love the Chargers on primetime. And the more I'm saying these things out loud, the more I understand the line. But g whiz, I mean, should the Chargers go in there and just put up a bunch of points on the Jets at this point?
Speaker 4: They should?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think if the Chargers get out to an early lead, they should be able to salt this one away. The Jets lost more offensive linemen to injuries in Sunday's games. Center Connor McGovern and left guard West Schweitzer both got hurt. The Chargers pass runs rush hasn't been great this year, but the Jets are already allowing a pressure rate over forty percent. I think the Chargers defense run defense continues to be solid, so if they decide to shy away from Zach Wilson, that the Chargers rush defense will be able to hold them to feury yards. And yeah, I mean Justin Herbert is just stratosphere is better than Zach Wilson. I get the rest of the team is not as much up to stuff, and the Jets defense as a whole is pretty good, but I think Justin Herbert can can do some damage.
Speaker 1: Pat, well, Justin Herbert do damage? Or are we gonna somehow see the Jets sneak out another victory here? I'm at a loss with this one here with the Jets.
Speaker 2: That Jets defense is really really good. And you know, we know the Chargers tortured recent history. Heck, they're tortured long term history. I mean, it's just like really hard to back the Chargers when I saw that line against the Bears last week at eight and a half, and the Chargers give them credit, they took care of business, but they usually don't take care of business so easily. And meanwhile, you've got this Jets team that wants to play everyone close, whether it's a really good team or a bad team like the Giants. So man, I just like I'm not touching this game.
Speaker 4: I'm not touching.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting matchup, but I do not want to bet this game at all.
Speaker 1: This one feels like a live bet game. Or you get in there and you get a sense of what's going on in the first quarter and then you try to make an impulsive stand one way or another. That's what that's what this feels like to me. Especially it's fun because it's standalone, so it's a lot easier to do that because you've got no other games distracting you. So that's one that I'd be looking at. But again, as Sam pointed out, definitely you could start in the morning with your coffee and then and after dinner drink. By the time you get to Sunday night football and then maybe maybe Monday night you find something to do with the kids. I don't know, instead of having to watch the Jets. We'll see. But again, we want to hear from you. Drop your comments below and one of them just might win a one year premium upgrade to betting Pros. To make sure you drop those comments, tell us what you're in on for Week nine in the NFL, and don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel for Betting Pros and click that bell for notification. Still it goes ding. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Sam Hoppin and Pat Fitzmorris. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 5: Kids. Thanks for listening to the Betting Pros podcast. Follow us on x and TikTok at Betting Pros and Instagram at Betting Pros NFL. Also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros.