Speaker 1: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: We're off in God's Country with your boy Red and Dan Isbel also known as the Brother Something. We take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music in the great outdoors. Two things to go together like the Castellos and the castle Toes and the Costellos and the cops.
Speaker 3: Or harmonies and siblings because it's tight when siblings do it.
Speaker 4: Also brought to you by beat Eater and who else, who else? And you got the first stuff you ever the first I don't know.
Speaker 5: Sponsoring the show now, baby, to go out sponsoring the show now, baby, Dan forgot to wear pasts, Buddy, He's still put on his boots.
Speaker 4: I don't care if you ask me. I'm still looking pretty kid in my.
Speaker 3: Saying the shine out baby.
Speaker 4: It's easy for me. The farthest thing from looking cute I've ever seen a lot. It went pretty cute.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Costellos are harmony wizards. If you enjoy sibling harmony, singing and playing and songwriting, you will enjoy this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fresh on the block, man, fresh on the farm, Fresh on the block.
Speaker 4: And you know what, honestly, that's kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Like if you're coming to this thing for some serious Hunting podcast.
Speaker 4: This one ain't it.
Speaker 3: But it was a lot of fun to hear some people who are excited about music, excited about playing, singing, traveling and uh and getting in the woods.
Speaker 4: Hey they're legit, dude, those are some legit Hunters. They're they're super young.
Speaker 2: They're twenty one and twenty so literally in music and i mean kind of independent life. They're experiencing a lot of things for the first time, sure, especially on the road and playing. I mean they're going to play. We'll see them in jazz Fest tomorrow. So it was Yeah, that was fun. It was kind of all over the place, but a lot of topics, a lot of things we talked about. But but it was super fun to get to know them and uh and yeah, kind of I'm gonna be watching their journey. They got a new new song that just released called Sheltered. The EP comes out May thirtieth, debut EP. No not baby, just a just another EP. Yeah, man, they don't sleep on them.
Speaker 4: They're great.
Speaker 3: Don't sleep on as I'm telling you, those those jokers are right there. They're going to sneak up and it be big. That's right, that's right, You're gonna enjoy it. A lot of singing. This is fun.
Speaker 4: Thanks for.
Speaker 2: Tagging along, Thanks for watching, Thanks for listening. YouTube, Instagram, toc tic uh diesel we get roasted.
Speaker 4: Jumps not really, no good ones, no good ones this week. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just keep it in a five stars. Yeah, still got note me either you can't smell anything that you're stopped up, It's true.
Speaker 4: But either way, leave those five star reviews. That's right. Make sure they're good. If they don't get through jumps, they don't get to us. Baby. Yeah is that it? Is?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 4: We done? We have a roast. Appreciate y'all. Enjoy the uh. I must say it the castle toes.
Speaker 3: It's really the castella, the castles man castles.
Speaker 2: This is a This is a first for the God's Country Podcast. We had to move the couch from back here to fit everybody.
Speaker 4: The baby couch. Five mics.
Speaker 2: But we have some harmonizing big deer killing, Sister Trio and Turkey killing, airplane flying which is wild, that bow shooting, touring with Little Big Town White Floors.
Speaker 4: And hitting the road with t R. Thomas Freett.
Speaker 2: This year c MT Award nominees composed of Ellie Lily, and we've got the Castellos hanging out and god, interesting say Costellos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate correcting people too.
Speaker 6: It's always embarrassing, like the Castellos, and it's like the Castle. The first time it happens when we sang the national anthem and he called us the cast of Stilettos.
Speaker 4: I kid you not, the cast of Stilettos. That's that's the next.
Speaker 6: Plant them for the PBR. They said the Castle toes, kid you not.
Speaker 4: The Castle is the worst one.
Speaker 6: I don't know how people like, but the cat.
Speaker 4: Is out of bounds.
Speaker 3: I feel like Costellos is at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like those people are probably way more nervous than y'all are to sing the national anthem, so they just like see it and they.
Speaker 4: Just so, where where did y'all sing the national anthem?
Speaker 1: We sang the national anthem for the last Falcons game last season, Georgia.
Speaker 3: Girls, Yeah, so do you We We have a lot of people that come on that sing the national anthem and people are either like, yes, do it or no, don't do it at all, Like, don't do it a single time?
Speaker 6: Right, you know, everyone in our team told us not to do it. Our record Live told us not to do our man has told us not to do it, and we were just cutting a soul.
Speaker 1: I mean like, I think if you're like wanting to put the work into it, like you need to do it, because we practiced it for like four months.
Speaker 6: But everyone told us not to do it, and we were like, no, we can do this right, Like this is four months in advance.
Speaker 2: If you kill it, I feel like that. Yeah, I feel like there's a I feel like there is. If you kill it, it helps, if.
Speaker 1: It helps marginal, but if you mess up, it hurts you way worse.
Speaker 2: Than Yeah, but I think yeah, no, but like like, uh, Stephen Wilson Junior did it for the drag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of iconic.
Speaker 1: So I'll mean, like we're all Stephen Wisson Junior super finious.
Speaker 4: We are too. I'm too. We had him on and he was awesome. Yeah. Yeah, he's a different cat and I like that about him. Bro having your arm dog you get, well, that's a great way to get into didn't hit the table? What are you playing that on? Tuned a hundred times? I turned this guitar, don't it don't matter. We don't have time. What you man, just tell us what it is.
Speaker 7: What you mean?
Speaker 4: Is it you in the lost kid? It's mind to be a boss man? Well your neighbors cat, just tell us what you mad.
Speaker 1: I actually really love that. Great.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Thanks. We got diddies for days. We got p diddies for days. Sorry that word. We do a little thing called what you're mad at, and you can be mad or glad. Start off, I'm mad at my zero turn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what that's from, or deciding to catch a I need to explain a little bit, I guess.
Speaker 4: So where zero turn drives itself.
Speaker 3: Where I was mowing, it was on a like an incline, and I was going sideways.
Speaker 4: Never supposed to do that. Yeah, it was early morning. I was pushing.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get it done because I know we're we're leaving tomorrow for like I'm leaving for like a week and a half tomorrow, So I'm trying to get everything mode and anyway, Dad pressure. So I'm going through there and I slide a little and when I did, my back tire caught a fence post and it slung me into the bar wire.
Speaker 4: So I'm driving through the bar wire.
Speaker 3: I'm all cut up. I cut my hand real good and h bro.
Speaker 2: If you let something too, it's like you're kind of scary, honestly, because I was like the bar wars.
Speaker 4: Like this, He'll go the arms here.
Speaker 2: The only we can stop it is to lock on go out because wires got Yeah. And if you I mean like when you're if you're moaning around like trees and stuff, and you got to get in there tight and a limb.
Speaker 3: My favorite of kids on the swinging chunk your big I.
Speaker 1: Love mowing anything that like that happened.
Speaker 8: I love zero turn.
Speaker 6: You set me on there with my electra light water and I'll be on there for four hours.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Last time we were home, our dad called me and he was like, hey, I stuck the mover. Can you come pull me out.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, sure, drive his truck over there, pulled a chain out and got him pulled out.
Speaker 1: Drive back to the house. Three minutes later he's like he called me, he goes.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got.
Speaker 1: Spot was the same the same spot again.
Speaker 4: Stuff, George, that will be smart to make like a four wheel drive zero turn. I think it's tires. Man.
Speaker 3: I've been running this through my head a lot while I've been healing, and uh, I think it's tires. I think if you throw on some some good old grippies like you would so slippy.
Speaker 4: Yeah anything, How was mad this?
Speaker 1: I have two things too. My first one is airports.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a common that's a common artist.
Speaker 1: I can go off of that. It was we just got back from stagecoach.
Speaker 6: We had probably the worst travel day of our entire life getting there, getting there, and then nexteen hours to get to California. I was like, y'all, we could have gone to Europe.
Speaker 1: And we had a labor in Denver.
Speaker 6: We ended up having to get diverted to tell your ride and we were on the tar mat for four hours because of weather. So finally we got up after you know.
Speaker 1: No one could pee.
Speaker 4: You're still on a plane for four hours.
Speaker 1: They said, no one used to toilet. It's full hold it. You don't have anywhere to out the way.
Speaker 6: I'm on blood pressure medicine for my acne, which makes you have to pee every five seconds. So I remember here like like I'm next to two strangers and like there was two gae bottles.
Speaker 3: I was like, you don't want me, okay, let me ask you this. So like for a dude, like we got options? Not much, Yeah, but if it's dire straights.
Speaker 4: Yeah we got options. Yeah. Do y'all have options or is it kind.
Speaker 8: Of we have no options?
Speaker 1: You don't going to use it anyway?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I was just gonna use it anyway.
Speaker 1: Just my fault that I've been here for four hours and y'all don't have anything.
Speaker 6: I haven't those those little like cup things that I guess it's like a funnel.
Speaker 3: That's what I was trying to get it. I don't know that I haven't because would ye would I see that?
Speaker 8: I look at you to invest.
Speaker 1: We're torn in a van, right, figure it out. We're roughing it.
Speaker 6: We can pull over and I'll grab a trailer hitch, but like if that's not an option, like we need to.
Speaker 4: Trailer hitch, grab the trailer grab Okay. I was like, how does that help, like so you don't fall back? I got it.
Speaker 2: I've had a three year old daughter and she'd be like, I gotta go T T and I'm like, all right, just listen to it in the yard and she'll squat down little you know, you know, and I'm like, yeah, like.
Speaker 4: The way we do it, I don't tell you.
Speaker 1: All the way standing.
Speaker 3: Up it does I have a daughter to the way we do it is. I'm like, this is standing on my feet. I let her stand on my feet and then.
Speaker 4: I lean her way way because I can ye. Yeah, yeah, this trailer.
Speaker 6: Hits it around Turkey and then you know that's only pee on some camera and I'm like, I can't wash it.
Speaker 4: Well, makes feeling better. We do that what you.
Speaker 1: Travel day from hell, so we're not travel That was bad.
Speaker 6: We ended up fueling getting back to Denver, boarded the airplane. We're all ready to go. Everyone's upset. They're like, there's someone snuck on this airplane. Everyone needs to be board so we can rescan.
Speaker 4: Y'all in suck.
Speaker 1: Someone who didn't have a ticket for this flight got on the flight and they didn't catch it. So we boarded. I then had to all get off and then deep plane. Aga're ready to be there.
Speaker 4: So we didn't catch the guy.
Speaker 1: Girl it was it was after because someone It was actually the person who was sitting next to me, and she.
Speaker 8: Left her stuff on there, like walked off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think she thought that she had a ticket to this flight and then didn't. Okay, so I think it wasn't like malicious. I was like, who is this person?
Speaker 4: Tried to like twenty five? How are you getting on a plane?
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I'm saying. But we left.
Speaker 1: We left to go to the airport of like ten thirty in the morning, and we didn't get to California until two thirty in the morning Pacific time.
Speaker 4: On i'd have been a mad.
Speaker 6: I get really angry bad travel days. I was doing so good until the very end. I did it.
Speaker 1: I didn't yell, I didn't holler. I just I just got a little pissy.
Speaker 6: It's one of those things where it's like, look, it sucks about it, so you just gotta yeah, I guess to a point when it sucks for everybody, like you're not helping complaining, So it's like, y'all.
Speaker 4: Just need a good self awareness there the same thing. But I'm.
Speaker 6: But literally driving here this morning, powells like you know what makes me mad? And like without even knowing that this was part.
Speaker 1: Of no clue about this because I was talking about mom this morning and we get so many like faith accounts on Facebook, like messaging people and asking for money, and people will be like our family members are members friends. Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: They'll be like, y'all do y'all know y'all have all these people impersonating, y'all get a taste.
Speaker 4: But what I there? Your familys are letting you know.
Speaker 6: My grandmother texts me once a week and will screenshot screenshot.
Speaker 1: She'd be like, is this count real? And I like, for the sixtieth billion time, Teresa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, money, honey, I said it to you. Yeah, he has anybody fine for it? Oh, yes, I see that. Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 8: A lot of paper people.
Speaker 1: It's sad to me and it makes me mad that people are out there like scamming.
Speaker 4: Oh it's scamming out there. Yeah, I mean scamming crash. We got to catch our dad every.
Speaker 3: Now and then, like I'm on some marketplace still, so we'll be like, hey, yeah, Dad, I love you, But there's not a twenty twenty five side by side for eleven hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 3: You feel like you found the greatest deal of all time and you're going to meet this guy in West Nashville in a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you, I.
Speaker 2: Promise you, yeah, you will end up in a wide open field with where there is no house and no.
Speaker 8: Nobody's there get in the same way.
Speaker 1: For a lot of older people, it's like they just can't tell the difference.
Speaker 7: I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Know they're getting good out there. It's getting tricky ricky out there. They're getting good, all right. So where are y'all? Originally from?
Speaker 1: Southwest Georgia? Georgetown?
Speaker 6: We're pretty much like five miles for Alabama. We kind of claim Alabama too. Where are originally from?
Speaker 4: West Tennessee River Rats? A little town called Savannah. Very cool man. We were talking about Savannah this morning, and uh, this is good. This is weird, but I think it would be good. Not that like I feel like it could be introspective. Yeah, let's just let's just detoy right quick. Not that I like, I don't. I don't. I don't love Savannah.
Speaker 2: I appreciate Savannah for what like my hometown, but I think I love especially after moving to Nashville and being a part of the rat race up here for ten plus years now, I missed the allure of Savannah, like I like, I owe you.
Speaker 4: The allure was Nashville. You missed the pace of Savannah. That's what you're talking to me about.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because well, the allure was Nashville, but now the allure is back because because you know, I know what it is now up here and it's not Savannah and small town.
Speaker 6: Like if Powell, we drug Powell to kicking and screaming, did not want to go She want to go home.
Speaker 1: She wants to live on the farm. And I'm like, you can't know the mono name for the rest of your life.
Speaker 6: It's like you gotta move anymore else, really graduate ug And she was like, I'm just going to go back to the farm.
Speaker 8: And we're like we signed a record deal.
Speaker 1: I can do it from georgtow somewhere.
Speaker 4: Girl, you still miss it. You wish you could go back, right? Would you go back? Right now?
Speaker 8: I I love it, Like that is like it's just heaven on earth to me.
Speaker 1: Like I love it. But you know, I do understand that, like this is a great spot.
Speaker 4: To be and that's how that's that's what I work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I feel like if you stay there the whole time, you don't appreciate it as much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: When we go home, I'm like, all right, this is.
Speaker 4: You know, but I'll go back so your parents are still Yeah, we get.
Speaker 1: Back a good bit.
Speaker 6: I go back home as much. We grew up on a cattle farms. People ask us all the time.
Speaker 1: Like did your parents move to Nashville? And I'm like, we're twenty years old, no they still haven't.
Speaker 4: That's fun did y'all? So y'all like legit cowgirls.
Speaker 7: Arms?
Speaker 4: That was answered with some not a Calgary. We're not farm boys, we're country boys. There's a difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're country girls when we're not.
Speaker 6: It's funny because when you go out west and you know, we spend a lot of time tourn in Texas, everything's a ranch and you drive by and it's like, d ranch and I'm like, that ain't a ranch. That's just different, Like in South Georgia. So anything that's like ranch, why would be called a farm? Whereas I feel like out west it would be people.
Speaker 8: Will have like two horses in a goat and it's.
Speaker 4: Like the ranch versus like, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I agree, that's that. That's what you're talking about. It's that Southern lingo versus Western l Always at Texas hate anyway.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean like sometimes here's the thing about Texas and I'm I'm fine saying it. Like, people from Texas are extremely passionate about their state. But if it woodn't for Tennessee, y'all wouldn't be a state.
Speaker 1: So I feel the same way about Texans. But I also know that if I was from Texas, I would also be just.
Speaker 8: Like we're that way about Georgia.
Speaker 4: No doubt you love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think I'm better than everyone else because I'm from Georgia.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, there's another shot at Texas. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: They say something like like kind offensive about something.
Speaker 8: You screwed up that cord on that last song.
Speaker 1: Respect.
Speaker 4: We saved you at the Alumo.
Speaker 1: Respectful of that was a little fun.
Speaker 3: So do you all sing like you all sing like soprano parts or wait, dude, we're not you talking about music.
Speaker 4: You were still a farm lift.
Speaker 6: I want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know as so do you have two brothers? Okay, and so y'all are trippets with the brother Yeah? Are y'all the oldest?
Speaker 1: I'm the oldest?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she ain't.
Speaker 6: Well, I the oldest boy one minute, but you're the oldest out of the She's going to make sure y'all remember that.
Speaker 4: Take the facts or facts right, I mean somebody.
Speaker 1: She's the oldest, our brother Henry me or twenty one, Lily's twenty, and then our youngest brother's eighteen.
Speaker 6: Okay, parents four under two.
Speaker 1: She was like, let me have another one. She would have had six. She wanted six.
Speaker 8: My dad was like.
Speaker 4: All of us, Yeah, he needed he needed farmhands, dude.
Speaker 1: And then our little brother's about to graduate, and he's like, what am I gonna do? My help's gone?
Speaker 6: What is he?
Speaker 4: What is your what are your brother? Brothers?
Speaker 6: Are?
Speaker 7: They just like.
Speaker 8: They're the greatest.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they're like, geez, guys, calm down for a second. Let us have a word because you're.
Speaker 4: Probably like, yeah, exactly, yeah, that's how I was. If he's eighteen. Yeah, yeah, y'all are all my little.
Speaker 6: Brother, little Dixon, he's uh, he's like really handy, good on the farm, and he's he's a little stinker because he's cute and he knows he's cute. He's bad, but we made him bad because he's got like he's the one that humbles us because he's.
Speaker 1: Like, y'all, y'all, aren't that good? Like I don't know why everybody like y'all are so good.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't really like that song y'all wrote, and We're like.
Speaker 1: To make my little brother And Henry is like he's in law school at Samford.
Speaker 6: I talked to him every day. Yeah, yeah, he's so good about like keeping up with us, and I think we're probably writing with you when he probably called all three of us, like if one of us doesn't answer, he'll just jump from we're all the.
Speaker 8: Same, right, is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I mean our dad does that to us. Yeah, Like he'll call We'll be sitting in.
Speaker 3: The truck together, riding somewhere to a ride or home or something. He'll call me maybe I'm driving and I'm just like my brain shot and I'm like I can't and I'll see Dago.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, you know, it's like and then as soon as it's Dan's like Dan's phone is like calling. I mean it's like he's like, yeah, literally.
Speaker 6: I only did that the other day and didn't answer. Henry and I'll pick up the phone and answered where and I'm.
Speaker 8: Like answer was like I don't want to talk.
Speaker 1: She's like I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, man, I just like, so what walk me through a day on the farm, like when y'all were all back home working running cattle or it is cattle, cattle and timber.
Speaker 1: But our parents both have day jobs because you don't make a lot of more, ain't no money in it.
Speaker 2: But like the weekend, a Saturday on the farm back in the day, y'all, we're all five kids, Like is it five o'clock am?
Speaker 4: You're out there scraping stalls.
Speaker 1: Wakes up at the buck cracking on every day. I like, yeah, I studied agriculture in school, so like I was like the kid that got really and I was about it, like that's what makes me tick. So I love all that stuff. So I was the one that was like up kind of doing like the all the work or whatever, even though we did like family stuff and so but like we go home and we'll work cows and all five of us are out there. We've got cousin over Easter weekend, like everybody weeks ago.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know, we were like tagging and hutting and doing all kinds of and we're you know, like cutting, yeah, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 8: Really really dope picture or video after we wrap this up.
Speaker 6: I have a video of Powell ripping testicles out of a cow that hasn't dropped yet, and she's got blood all over her hands, and then she puts that blade in her teeth.
Speaker 4: And she's like, that's what I'm talking. That's hardcore. Yeah, I couldn't do that. I've seen it. I've never done and I've seen it the fingers.
Speaker 8: Before they dropped.
Speaker 1: There get AI cows.
Speaker 6: She can preg check. She can do all that stuff AI artificial, artificial. I gotta started finding college and I had none.
Speaker 1: She's got that skinny arm.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Still, I really don't know if I can do it anymore.
Speaker 4: She can get.
Speaker 1: How she does it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I are sleeping probably a little bit more. When we're on the farm, we're like cows.
Speaker 1: I'm the person that's like documenting everything.
Speaker 8: Even she was over Easter weekend.
Speaker 1: We were working and we're like Ellie, like, uh, what number is this one whatever?
Speaker 6: She's like, yeah, this she's on the phone with our booking agent, like, oh yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get to She's like, which one was that a cow or a cat? Now that was some severe multitasking.
Speaker 6: I was like literally locking in our openers for our fall tour, like trying to lock in our openers, and then I was like, write down with the cows.
Speaker 4: Are you are you the band pro? Oh yeah, because everybody has one.
Speaker 6: And this is Ellie's rodeo literally and I were just riding Alex how and I are two dogs in Ellie's hot car.
Speaker 4: Took the couch.
Speaker 3: Of her for that.
Speaker 6: But she's like she like was managing us before we had managers, and she was contacting and like whenever we were first came to town and like had to meet with people, and like Ellie was the one that called all these major label heads agent whatever.
Speaker 1: Look at you.
Speaker 4: Thank you for But I know I've we've written a song or two together.
Speaker 6: I could Yeah, you know, Ellie called everyone up and told him no, which is text a lot of balls about.
Speaker 8: I would have picked up the phone to try to tell somebody that you.
Speaker 1: Respectfully.
Speaker 4: So what did you I'm curious when you say you told everybody no?
Speaker 1: Like about what about like whenever we because our I guess whenever we first moved to town, we just kind of I never go into something blind or not knowing anything. So I think one of our first goals was to figure out, like, hey, what is the music business before we sign anything, before we like get people. So we like we're almost probably almost too thorough, but like we like met with everybody, like talk to everybody about everything. And so because we met with everybody, you know, you have to narrow down your who your people are. And so we're also very thankful that we had a bunch of people who also wanted to meet with us too, and so you just had to call like the certain people and be like, hey, like thank you for wanting to sign us, but like we're going to go with this person, like we're not.
Speaker 2: We're going, yeah, does that come from from a place and like like that you've always been that way?
Speaker 4: Or did that come from somebody going, hey, this.
Speaker 1: Is how you need to always been that way. We had any sort of like leadership activity.
Speaker 6: Ellie was the leader like our Harry Potter book Club, was the president of the Harry Potter book Club elementary school or we were in elementary school or did you dress.
Speaker 4: Up as Hermione or no, I know, we never had it like that was like who is in the book club? Just like you three?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: Elli was the leader of pretty much any sort of outfit we we've ever we got ourselves into, which you know, it's it's weird because like I'm the lead singer, but Ellie's the leader, so like I'm the band leader too on stage, like I'm like I'm the you know, the lead singer whatever, but Ellie's in the back looking at the drummers freaking start the clip, Like so Ellie's actually really running the show.
Speaker 1: I tried to look at the drummer one time to like start something, and she goes, don't.
Speaker 8: You ever do that again?
Speaker 4: Don't you.
Speaker 6: Respectfully as the acoustic that Like, you know, I feel like most other instruments have times where they except for like basic and drums, with most other instruments have times they fall in and fall like you know, coming in.
Speaker 1: You got, come out, but I'm playing pretty much the whole time.
Speaker 4: You got We'll come back to music.
Speaker 6: Talk.
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite We've seen pictures on Instagram you're all holding deer and outdoorsy and doing the thing.
Speaker 4: Like what individually is.
Speaker 2: Your favorite like outdoor activity either whether it's hunting, fishing, cow and ai and whatever you do. What what's what's your favorite outdoor activity?
Speaker 1: Across the board, Mine would probably be bass fishing. Like, I don't know, it's kind of a hot take to like fishing more than hunting and something.
Speaker 8: I love fishing so much.
Speaker 4: I killed big deer too. Yeah, so where's first? All right, where's you favorite place to fish?
Speaker 1: Well, I like to fish whenever we're at home. We have like a couple of ponds that we fishing, and then like we have a couple of spots.
Speaker 4: In Nashville top water lizards.
Speaker 1: I like a little worm, like working on the bottom of a wherever you are. And then like fishing in lakes is fun too, but you also have to have someone with like a nice bass boat.
Speaker 4: We set that up.
Speaker 1: An old boat, fast boat on a lake. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 6: No, dub sure likes fishing. I would probably be horse riding or deer hunting. I'm like, I love bow hunting.
Speaker 8: That's like in the fall.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite things to do. But I'm probably the biggest not the biggest horse girl, but I probably ride the most.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have a really good horse. That's why I probably ride the most.
Speaker 4: But do you talk to it and look at it in its eyes? Real?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 6: That I can talk of that horse and not say a word like that. That horse is My horse is like the greatest horse in the world. Like I ride her bare back, she's probably trained. I can ride without anything on her. She's uh, I mean, she's just about horse. Me and Dan.
Speaker 2: If you say horse girl, me and Dan think of the same, Like we'd be like, she's she's a horse girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were. I don't know where we were, but anyway, there was like this.
Speaker 2: Like police horse and there was this one girl that was standing in front of this police horse.
Speaker 4: And was like talking to it. It was it was the weirdest it was downtown. Was she was like, look like if this is the horse, his face she was like this, there's a lot of other stuff. She's just horses.
Speaker 8: Gonna like to call those like horsey people.
Speaker 7: Horse.
Speaker 6: I like, I like, grab your face because their noses smell really good, like a horse is. I don't know if you ever smelled a horses now, but they're so sweet and like like I'll do that, but like no, I'm not like sitting there like communicating to Sunday.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this girl was like I know you're pain and we're going to get you out of here, and I'm gonna break you through.
Speaker 4: I think the cops, like.
Speaker 1: There was a cop the horse washing hobby horsing stuff.
Speaker 4: That's that where people dress up as horses.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's where they have like they ride and jumps.
Speaker 4: But have you seen them where they get there like, oh my horse got nervous. I've got to.
Speaker 3: Like hobby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the hobby horse, hobby horsing. Yeah, but some some like schools are doing like competitive.
Speaker 1: It's like a competition. The kind of jump they kind of jump high though, those hurdles.
Speaker 4: Pretty high. Yeah, that's she knocked down all the That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Sometimes she'll be like, oh my horse is nervous about the jump when it's a stick.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of focus to a lot of people at.
Speaker 4: These Things's what I'm saying, Dude, it's whack. My horse is nervous, respectfully, respectfully. Yeah, okay, So you like hobby horsing.
Speaker 7: What do you? What do you?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I like I love doing anything on the farm pretty much. That's my bread and butter.
Speaker 1: But I love to do your hunt, hunters to run somebody.
Speaker 4: Did you kill you first? What you telling me you killed your first? One of you. Last time I saw you said killed my first boat, but with a bow.
Speaker 6: This year.
Speaker 1: It might have been me. I killed my first one with a bow last year, two years ago. Yeah, maybe it was two years ago.
Speaker 4: It was a big eight point. Whoever shot it? I mean you showed you it might have been me.
Speaker 6: Actually, oh it was shot. I think your first dear with the bow is a dough but it was her first.
Speaker 8: Ever shot ever stick a few.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Well you'll will I will say, my love, my love.
Speaker 2: My love for bow hunting has has wildly increased ever since I've been in the music industry, just because, like you, like we were talking about earlier with small towns, it's like getting up here and getting busy and and and not having time to do it. When you get time to do it and go back home and do it, it's you appreciate it so much more the time, and.
Speaker 1: It's very like resetting.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, and that's what I'm going to ask. What is it about bass fishing? What is it about horse hobby?
Speaker 4: What is it is? Just getting.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What what you could shows? We got to paddle over there and grab that hobby around it here a little bit.
Speaker 7: To jump in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my horses promised, couldn't demonstrate it, but it's actually really scary.
Speaker 4: No, But what does it do for you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What what is it therapy? Is it like a release that you're saying, Yeah, I mean I also.
Speaker 1: Think to just being out in nature in any way to the script, like it's so rewarding. Just I feel like it's kind of where we were meant to be from like a spiritual level, Like just being in God's creation, I think is such a supposed to God's the thing.
Speaker 6: It's funny, and we were actually I was on the phone with my daddy because we had some kind of horse interview yesterday and we were just talking. I was talking with my dad about how much I felt like having horses grow, like growing up really kind of shaped me and the rest of us girls kind of into like the women we are. Because when you give a young girl, when you give a tiny little girl seven hundred pound animal, eight hundred pound animal and say this is your horse, You're taking care of this, You're controlling it, Like you get a lot of confidence from a really young age and interesting handling situations that are a lot bigger than you. You have to Yeah, and you know a lot of grown men will walk up to a horse and be and be scared top on the back versus for some reason, there's something in grain and a young girl that's I need to ride a horse. And we were just blessed enough to have the opportunity to grow up with horses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see these pasty white thighs because because my mother in law wants my daughter to have a horse, real bad one.
Speaker 4: But but I know will see.
Speaker 3: But I need to tell you money pits okay number one, there getting to where my brains at.
Speaker 1: By an old horse if you buy it.
Speaker 6: Like we all grew up with old horses because our mom and daddy didn't want to put us on young horses.
Speaker 8: That we get hurt off of.
Speaker 4: Was your mom and dad? Were they horse mom and our ground? But your dad's like whatever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he likes, he likes.
Speaker 1: He's more like whatever. He teaches you a lot of responsibility. Like I remember when I bought my first horse, and I was like my first like big girl purchase, purchase, and I was like, you know what I saved up and I you know, bought my own. She was terrible, how much the thing I paid like sixteen hundred for her, which is like.
Speaker 8: I've never bought a horse in my life.
Speaker 1: I had given them.
Speaker 4: Twenty years. Moral of the story, Wow, would you get that? Would you get a more expensive one or one?
Speaker 6: I mean, if you can buy a more expensive one, I would, but turn around and sell her. Her horse was burnt out on barrels, so every time you get on her, she she would just.
Speaker 8: Well, she just needed a lot of work.
Speaker 1: I just didn't have time for.
Speaker 8: I think she had.
Speaker 1: About to spend money on her to find outs. Don't that what you got?
Speaker 4: Ulcers or something?
Speaker 1: Not stomach cults.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the jaw whatever that thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I can see where especially growing up on a farm and having having responsibility, having animals to take care of and and chores and all that stuff can prepare you for a place like this where you have to show up you know one, uh, knowing how to handle responsibility to just having you know, being able to fall down and rub some dirt on it and get back up and and and and take a hit and know how to fall off a horse and get back on one.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But yeah, I mean showing up situations knowing that like you know how to handle things that are bigger than you.
Speaker 8: And this town is way bigger than all of us.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 6: And I moved to Nashville and signed a record deal was way bigger than all of us girls, and bigger than we really thought we were going to do anything. But now I think growing up with animals and taking care of you know, big horses.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite? What's your favorite?
Speaker 8: White?
Speaker 6: Tell that's all that's me too. I want to go to elk hunt so bad happen to make that happen next year?
Speaker 4: We know some folks. Yeah, so how do you cook it? You cook it'll cook it?
Speaker 1: You know what I made? I made some good elk burgers one time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you agent right, which we have an uncle who's he's he can cook anything, but he'll like dry age all his his venison and like hang it up for like two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: You can't tell the difference between that and.
Speaker 6: Like just a regular like fill a like a well cooked file at. But yeah, turkey is probably my favorite thing that I killed to eat.
Speaker 4: You got to do that this year.
Speaker 1: I went turkey. I'll tell I'm gonna have not I had a bad hunt.
Speaker 8: I had a bad hunt.
Speaker 1: It was like two weeks ago now, like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 6: I'm hunting with my boyfriend a little south of here, and we're going all over the place. We sat down like nothing flew down the goblin all around us whatever. He almost crapped his pants. So we had to drive back.
Speaker 4: Literally literally we.
Speaker 8: Had to drive back whatever. But we were going to go back out there.
Speaker 6: And as we're as we're driving back to the house, there's a turkey in the front field in like a high fence, but like in the front field to the high fence whatever, it's the turkey exactly.
Speaker 4: I didn't get out if they want to, yeah, yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: So there's a turkey kind of limping in the front of this field and limping yeah, and I'm like, my baby, you go shoot that turkey. I'm like, he's hurt bad, he needs to die and he'll probably be pretty easy to kill.
Speaker 1: And he's right there.
Speaker 8: He I was like, hurry, go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Looks delicious.
Speaker 1: So we walked all the way around, like if you knew the land, it'd be whatever.
Speaker 6: But I walked a long way try to get around this turkey, and he's no longer in the middle of the field. He's kind of around this bend. So anyway, my boyfriend's is trying to lure this darn turkey to come around this corner. And he's behind this thunder chicken freaking working it.
Speaker 8: And I'm in this woodline with my gun. I probably look stupid over here. I'm like, you can't see the turkey, and he's like, he's like rs.
Speaker 1: Evidently he was like limping to still.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'm like, that turkey ain't going to try to fool with another gobbler.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's injured, but I was like, this is stupid.
Speaker 6: Whatever tills working the freaking thunder chicken, which I was just I was cracking off watching him.
Speaker 7: Over here.
Speaker 8: Anyway, the landman.
Speaker 4: Waiting for the turkey, put the gun on the end.
Speaker 6: I'm in the woodline, trying to make sure that when he comes around, I'm not the first thing.
Speaker 8: It's not the first thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the land manager drives up and and he and I'm like, oh my god, maybe he'll just keep driving. The turkey won't care whatever.
Speaker 6: He stops right right in the driveway, like parallel to where I am and I'm looking.
Speaker 4: At him and can he see y'all?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 1: No, So we get a text room and he was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: He goes, he goes, I saw this turkey in.
Speaker 1: The field and I just thought, dang, what a beautiful turkey. He was still working up.
Speaker 8: He was like, look at that turkey dance was It was like, Dan, that's pretty and it.
Speaker 6: Was like, oh, Lily's in the woods. And I'm like, if Till would have been a turkey, he'd have been dead. He felt so bad he drove past him.
Speaker 1: And there's you know, six four. Anyway, the other one got scared off, So no turkeys.
Speaker 4: Some season left, there's some time left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get we got a few more weeks. I'll tear it up. But anyway, that made me really.
Speaker 2: Saying, is there is there a particular song that if it if it came off y'all were driving home today or driving around and it came on, it would immediately take you back, or an artist take you back to the farm and like working with your dad or your mom, or riding horses or anything like that. You know what, Like my wife's she grew up on chicken farm and had horses and all that too. And hers is Alan Jackson. Anything Alan Jackson, Yeah, immediately.
Speaker 8: Takes her back to just heard from Georgia.
Speaker 1: I gotta go to Jackson.
Speaker 7: Is like.
Speaker 1: Our mom growing up would play a lot of Eric Church.
Speaker 8: She had the same Eric Church CD.
Speaker 4: And which one is it?
Speaker 6: The one that was mister, mister miss understand A song from that comes on from that like three year old?
Speaker 4: And all you remember that song on there? I learned that from a three year old? Wasn't that ye kind of down in there and that?
Speaker 6: I don't know if I remember that one, but if I hear like, if I hear like, mister misunderstood, I'm like, it reminds you of me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 4: I love that record.
Speaker 8: It's so good.
Speaker 4: So every we're probably the same age her mom, honestly are closed.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, you are younger forty one.
Speaker 8: Our parents are like in their fifties.
Speaker 4: They loved their church, loves church.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she would burn out that record. Finally I was like, we gotta play something Church from not looking back.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, that was remember trackless of that?
Speaker 6: Of that?
Speaker 4: There was some I mean, there were some big hits on that too, but there was just a bunch of good good.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of Chattanooga, Lucy.
Speaker 4: Knives of New Orleans, Johnny. Yeah, just look at the base one.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good records, all sir, Church is good.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this before we get into music stuff. We're gonna ask some questions and we're just gonna just point or just say who you think I like?
Speaker 4: One, two three, everybody that.
Speaker 1: You're probably going to have a good idea. Yeah, we're really we're t if you.
Speaker 4: Think of any questions, chime man, who kills the biggest dear? One? Two three? Okay, okay, I have.
Speaker 1: The biggest deer at the moment, that one with the bigger than that other one you killed last season. Mine was not in a high fence.
Speaker 4: Oh god, just delete hot fits from the conversation at nothing wrong with can we all of that shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, but but no, you have the biggest yeer right now?
Speaker 8: She said, that's the biggest.
Speaker 6: Yer right now, I have the most all right, most Okay, Okay, that's the most in general.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll tell I'll got it, I got all right. Who takes the longest to get ready? Okay, unanimous, we.
Speaker 1: Don't we all don't take that long though, well, don't take that long, but you definitely take longer. I listen to at church and started singing you.
Speaker 2: Missed them song. Okay, who would call asking for twenty bucks?
Speaker 4: One? Two? Dang common thread here.
Speaker 1: Like, sister, can you give me some cat bro?
Speaker 4: She needs money?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe you should just maybe it's you created It's the most funny.
Speaker 1: I have the most expensive hobbies.
Speaker 6: Also, I do all the grocery shop and always like girls, you have to vemo me because that is all groceries.
Speaker 1: Y'all starve for you just like always have no money in your account? No money.
Speaker 8: No, I'm like, I got no money.
Speaker 4: Give the case worse. Hobbying is expensive. Out of the three of you, who is the worst driver? One? Two, three? Oh, everybody's different. Everybody's different on this one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's either me, youre Powell.
Speaker 8: It's not me.
Speaker 1: We just called power our passenger princess because she got a driver in the city.
Speaker 4: But driving so the most rich. But because you drive more?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so by everyone you have been driving, only been driving for like two years.
Speaker 4: All right, now y'all do one on me and read any questions. Goodness, who's most likely to go to jail? One too three, I'd go.
Speaker 1: To jail fighting for these.
Speaker 4: So I went to jail.
Speaker 1: I almost get thrown off that fly. Oh yeah, we had a we had a running flight attendant.
Speaker 6: No, we had a really bad flight attendant. And it was it was during a long travel day and Elli and Powell, you know, and they weren't letting you let me tell a story. My sister start crying, crying red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this dude was big. He was a big dude who was like aggressively like bowing.
Speaker 7: Up to me, and.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let me tell a story.
Speaker 1: Let me tell a story. So we're always like struggling, as the common theme of musicians, like no matter what airline it is, is like playing guitars on planes, like yes it fits in the overhead bind I promise, blah blah blah. We're on this like Delta flight, which Delta is normally like pretty bad about it, like its like Southwest is generally really good and Delta's and some other airlines. But like we're I have my guitar, I'm getting on the plane. It's like there's thirty or forty empty seats in this fly, like, no one's on this plane. I'm like just getting on. Didn't think it'd be a big deal. And also, like you pay, your boarding group is when you board, So if I like am the last group and there's no more overhead been.
Speaker 8: Space for my guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like if I paid for a spot that like an earlier spot, so I would specifically have space, and also there would have been space anyway. So I was going, I'm going to get on this plane. Flight Attendant's like, hey, you can't. I have to see that guitar, and I'm like.
Speaker 8: You actually I was.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, it'll fit in the overhead been, like I've flown on this plane before, like super respectful, Like I get it, like everyone's trying to do their job.
Speaker 4: I tell you, yeah. I was like, we fly all the time.
Speaker 1: But I also know like with flight intendants, like I know they deal with people all the time, and so I get it. But and I was like, I was like, oh, it'll fit in overhead been and he goes, no, I won't. And I was like I've phone on this plane, like I'm pretty sure it will. And he's and and and he's like you need like I need to see that guitar. I need to see that guitar. That kept telling me. And I was like, hey, sir, like there's a overhead been right here. Can I just try to fit it in and then if it doesn't fit, then I'll give.
Speaker 6: It to you.
Speaker 4: And he's like, no, what kind of guitar are we talking about it?
Speaker 1: It's like A I mean it's like a yeah, it's like a.
Speaker 4: Mar I ain't just handing. I ain't not just handling nobody. But yeah, Brian, and was that right when you when you went to pick those guitars out?
Speaker 6: Yes you were, and I told you, yeah, yeah it was my D twenty I had just gotten that was right after that, Yeah, it was my ban They let my band anyway, at least be aggressive to like aggressively like give me your guitar.
Speaker 1: Yea, at least start. And then he goes like, hey, if you don't like give me that, like he goes, if you like say one more word to me, I'm gonna throw you off this plane.
Speaker 4: And I was like, moving, I mean, you got it.
Speaker 6: As soon as soon as we get on the plane, I see there's like four or five bins that just have anything in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was just an idea.
Speaker 6: I came up to him and yeah, Lily, like I may or made I have said some words and I should not have said the words. Yeah, forgive me lord, But like when I see my sisters cry, yeah, I see now.
Speaker 8: We were hot.
Speaker 1: That was I remember that.
Speaker 4: So what so what did she What did you say? I gotta know what you said?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even remember what I said because I was like I was for some reason.
Speaker 8: They were like, I put I had another flight attendant and I was I was like, it was like I don't know.
Speaker 1: English, and I was nice either.
Speaker 4: So did you get your did it get in the bend or did they get checked it?
Speaker 1: And I was over there. I put my banjo in the overheads. It fits.
Speaker 6: It's obviously up there, and he goes, you're gonna have to take that down. They're gonna have to check that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's space. I was like, I'm not taking this down. Let's just stay in up here. No picularly bad about stuff. Mind mine didn't go anyway.
Speaker 7: That's.
Speaker 4: Get it together. Yeah y'all. So you played banjo?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you play anything else?
Speaker 1: Like utility or just I have started playing mandolin, a little bit of really bad guitar. I can play guitar, so but your banjo mandolin kind of guitar, guitar, bass.
Speaker 4: Lead singer, lea singer everything every song, every so.
Speaker 1: I play the guitar, bass, piano, mandolin.
Speaker 4: Okay, but they all I know this because I know this, But they could all be the lead singers.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I love my sister singing. I'm like, I have so much for Lily because if you like held a gun in my head and said get up on stage and sing a song by yourself, I would be petrified, so scared.
Speaker 2: I think it's a I mean, like we never, we've never. I was doing the artist thing for a while and we played a few shows and and and the only way I would go doing is if he went with me. Like, I feel like it's kind of a cheat code that you get to bring your siblings. And why are you looking at me?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm like understand, I'm like, why do people, like how do people do this without?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I completely agree, I completely agree.
Speaker 2: And even like now when we go play writers gigs or whatever, like we still it's still so much easier to hop on a plane and go play a gig and have.
Speaker 4: Somebody to go do it with. That you're comfortable because honestly, if it wasn't, if it would kind of be miserable.
Speaker 1: You imagine yourself was kind of isolating anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt, it's nice.
Speaker 1: You always write together a lot or a lot.
Speaker 3: We don't have to write all the time and anything like that. Some people are like that have brothers in this business. We only write with our brother and co. We are not I mean we're blacking, but I couldn't do that twice a week, Yeah, with somebody or you know. And it's and it's the same thing as as like the artist thing too. It's like it's comfortable in there. But we have different styles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, things that we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, some things better than others. He's a way better, way better singer than me. So like that, you know, he holds that thing down and I hold this other thing down.
Speaker 6: And it's just and yeah, I think it's important that there's like strength like we all y'all probably are this way too, but like we recognize like each one of us is strong in certain areas.
Speaker 1: You know, you are this way and this way and it like comes together and it's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, alutely, it's a complete I want to I want to hear about.
Speaker 2: The first time in twenty twenty two when you played original music together for the Was that the first at the Georgia Theater.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was so.
Speaker 1: We had like we're gigging around in the bars and Athens a little bit during that time because Pal and I went to Georgia playing cover gigs, just playing cover gigs with some of.
Speaker 6: Our friends for fun. Like I didn't think of a thing of it, but I had written a song for some reason.
Speaker 1: Like that was also the first time we'd ever written, which is why it was the first time we'd ever played original music, because our only songs were songs that we'd written maybe a month and a half prior.
Speaker 4: You were playing covers up until that, Yeah, like what what was your goats?
Speaker 6: We were like a Mumford and Son's cover band. It felt like at one point we were a titled children's cover.
Speaker 1: Band like anything and everything, Yeah, but more like rootie kind of stuff. And I'd written a song and I had called Lily and been like, hey, I wrote a song, and she didn't live in Athens. With us at the point, so she was still in Georgetown and you were like, that's cool.
Speaker 6: No, she she called me, she said, she said, she said, uh, like I wrote something I want to show you. I thought she wrote an essay. I was like, it was like eight in the morning.
Speaker 4: I was like, what look paper.
Speaker 6: And ended up singing the song songs called Cowgirl Blues and it's still a sweet song.
Speaker 1: We need to like we're going to eventually cut it one day because it's see the Light today.
Speaker 6: But I was like, we'll teach you, Tommy, because we're playing the Georgia Theater in two weeks. Between that time and the time we played the george Theater, I think we wrote like four songs, So what were you.
Speaker 4: Planning on playing Georgia Theater covers.
Speaker 1: So this gig in particularly, we were opening up for somebody and it was Cowboys the Kitchen Cowboys Georgia band that they have some original songs, but they mostly Georgia to Yeah, but they're like regionally relatively, it's like Alabama, Alabama was from Georgia and not nearly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but they're Georgia Alabama.
Speaker 6: But they're they're all like our parents age and it was kind of a gig that was for like it was either a charity thing, but it was some like that made.
Speaker 1: It less like, oh, we're just going to play the doors theater, you type deal.
Speaker 8: And so we did that.
Speaker 4: Ro some originals in the time before then did you play all Originals?
Speaker 1: No, we played like I think we played like we played like three originals, which was cool, which was awesome because we had never written before, you.
Speaker 4: Know, fun, yeah you wrote even did y'all have the like the castle's idea?
Speaker 2: Like, like was it, Hey, let's let's start building this thing to potentially make this our careers.
Speaker 1: Conversation happened after that, do you remember because I was in the deer stand with one of my friends, but a booking agent flew from Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 7: I love just.
Speaker 4: Seeing it all here. But we will yeah the book California from New York.
Speaker 1: Like we're like, dude, like, if you want to do that's great, but like spend your own money.
Speaker 4: And the castle to.
Speaker 1: Actually we didn't know what. We didn't post on our Instagram at this point, like I think like a thousandreds maybe, so it's not like it was, you know, a thing.
Speaker 8: We just had it but he flew.
Speaker 1: We had like some people fly in, I guess because maybe we had just he was maybe like the first yeah person that kind of like, and we're like, dude, you can come, but we're just screwing. We're just messing, you know, we're just having fun and like, you know, we got each one of our own things going. So I'm like, we're not going to tell you not to come, but been there.
Speaker 4: I know what you're talking. You're allowing people to come and investigate, but you don't even know what.
Speaker 1: Right whatever, it did spark you know, it's not just your grandparents that think you sound good, right, and so, yeah, yeah, we kind of thought it was a scam at first, but you know.
Speaker 4: It's looking back on that guy scamming.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's right.
Speaker 8: He's legit. He's very legit.
Speaker 1: But it's you know, I'm naturally skeptical of everything, but I was.
Speaker 6: Like, no, I think this guy's from like a legit agency, and one was like okay, work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so but that kind of sparked everything. And then I had a conversation with my one of my friends in the deer stand and he was like, y'all should post you all stuff on social media. I think people would like it, and I was like, I don't think they would, but then we ended up doing that and then the rest is history.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so because we know Kathy, we gotta know how, Like I want to know his moves, man, how did he start?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Because I got an idea of how he probably did from.
Speaker 1: Our Cappy story is it's kind of funny, but can you tell the Cappy story while I go to peek, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: We will talk anything without you. Yeah, no, No, Kapy is the best, so we are. Business manager is actually from our hometown, if you know, Kella Ferris. Her her company is called F S M. And they like do a ton of people's money stuff, and so like whenever we meet, whenever we were thinking about all this, we hit up her and we were like, all right, Kella, hell who do we meet?
Speaker 8: Who do we know?
Speaker 1: Everybody was like your manager is so important, Like you've got to have a manager that is like you know, yeah, it's very yeah, and so she kind of like gave us who she like manager wise, like here's all the people, right, and so Kathy was obviously in that list because he's great. And then we also know had met Bradley Jordan from Athens too, and so like there was that connection, and we had a meeting with him and it went really great. He gave the whole like show whenever I was in the forty one club.
Speaker 6: And show.
Speaker 4: People showed up.
Speaker 1: And I was like wow, And then I've heard it four times since then, so I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, you were probably the first artist at that point to hear that.
Speaker 8: Though yeah, sure, yeah, very very personal.
Speaker 4: I'm not an artist, visit I've heard it fifty eight shut up.
Speaker 6: But he was great and he really, like I feel like, challenged us on like like kind of where we wanted to go, because like all three of us kind of were always like we were getting in rooms and being like, Okay, this is what we want. Like we were pretty opinionated, and I feel like people liked that, and I think he liked that about us. And also he had an HB and Hb's a Georgia grad. We actually do Hb's sister really in college, so small world. We kind of ran in the same circles.
Speaker 8: But we ended up.
Speaker 1: Signing our record deal before uh we before CAPI started managing us. So I called him the day after we signed it. And said like, hey, do you want to manage it?
Speaker 4: Oh? Cool?
Speaker 1: So where Warner Warner Records in Los Angeles and then Warner Music Nashville.
Speaker 2: Here. How's the process been, Like, you probably had no clue how it worked. I guess nobody does.
Speaker 1: But we also kind of did it backwards too, because I feel like people yeah strong, Like I feel like most people have like their agent and their management first and then they you know, kind of build from there. But we kind of did it reverse but which I feel like it.
Speaker 6: Was so much It was almost smarter to have business manager first because she's the one that's you know, this is what like, she's basically the one y livelihood And well, we were really fortunate to kind of be able to like have a lot of people to like choose because everybody in this town, I feel like it's so great, Like it was almost like how do we pick from people?
Speaker 1: Like everybody has just been so kind and they're so amazing, but we it was, well they always are record Yeah that really you know, it's jealous all really great. But yeah, I think it all came together like at the right time, in the right way.
Speaker 2: So are you, like, are you living the dream or are you figuring it out? Like is this just something that that happened, or is this something that you always thought of and that you wanted.
Speaker 1: You know, we didn't always want it, I don't think, but we always we but we've been playing together for so long and we always said, like, you know, if the opportunity, if the opportunity persented itself, that we would take it because we love playing together and we owed it to each other. But we're just so like, you know, coming from our small talent. It's like people don't make it, like you know, at such a big risk to kind of do that, and so we just didn't really have the confidence. And we also didn't write songs, and so I think us not writing growing up, like growing up, it never like crossed my mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but it definitely became our dreams as it all happened.
Speaker 2: That's cool, and it's probably still like I mean, you're still so young and you're new to this thing. It's like that dream is going to continue to evolve probably and you're gonna you're gonna be able to catch it more than once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, which is gonna be pretty fun.
Speaker 1: I was song with the.
Speaker 6: Girls yesterday and we wrote a song and there's a line of the song that makes me think of that. It's, uh, you want to get God to laugh, you better tell them your plans. It's like we all had our own plan and he was.
Speaker 1: Like, hat ya.
Speaker 2: A song two days ago? Are thinking about your plans? You know, think about the upstairs first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is true.
Speaker 2: It's uh, it's awesome though it's it's it's fun too, you know, after being in the town a long time to see some some new faces and new acts come through and kind of kind of look at it with a fresh.
Speaker 4: Point of view, you know what I mean. You guys are excited. You should be.
Speaker 1: And there's so many like good people in town. We've made a ton of friends. Like we just feel like we've been made a ton of friends too with another artists.
Speaker 3: And yeah, well look, man, I hate to put you on the spot, but I want to hear you play and sing we all do you do?
Speaker 4: Can you do sheltered or yeah, yeah, sheltered?
Speaker 8: Can whatever you want?
Speaker 4: You do, whatever you need to do. I just want to I want to make sure we show you all off a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whichever whichever song you wants, what course of course of the God's Country premiere of the.
Speaker 4: Castle to.
Speaker 1: Okay so bad, and we said it. I said it wrong in an interview one time, and I was like, yeah, that out. She didn't say castle, She said, what did you say? Kids tell her.
Speaker 7: Sleeping on a blow of mattress in a town one knows my name? Nothing but a dream and a blue rig and a clothing and a picture of the Frank went to college for a piece of baper and then and even learned thanks. I went to school at homes Or. I told my soul to say, may shelter Maybe a foolish Maybe I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm the princess and your old driving through the.
Speaker 7: Promise, Lan, the promise lang best. That's when we do running wild and free. You can shelter me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely haunting. I'm a sucker for some harmony, man, and those those tight Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know y'all got the sibling.
Speaker 4: I love it. We say something that was, y'all, God, something y'all wrote. I want to hear something y'all. We wrote that, and then I couldn't remember I y'all wrote that one or not that one.
Speaker 1: We've written all the songs that are out. The cover that we talked about was you don't even know how I am. That's something we didn't, right, We did not write that one. We wish we wrote that. You want to play free work, you want to play for Verse and Chorse free. We have this one's un release.
Speaker 4: Well, sorry it's released. Is it released?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: You actually don't like the song because you've never Yeah, we got like this, Okay, we got our ways girls.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yard He's like, no, I actually.
Speaker 4: Do like that. It's for some reason.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can say this, but if you need to cut this, I like broke to why I was freeway capitalized?
Speaker 7: Is this?
Speaker 4: But did you know that it's cap It's all capital I don't know why it was cool.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm to be capitalized that.
Speaker 4: I kind of like it being like capitalized listening to Yeah, maybe that's maybe other thing about it.
Speaker 9: All Right, I'm going on to nine o'clock Athens, Georgia. Have forty what that's my name of bonon the Marquis to see you. Then I'm gone. I can talk WI roll out blue Jeans, Green and Grass guitar, sound out the Marshall's Day and I missed those glory of days.
Speaker 1: Because I was born forty years too late.
Speaker 9: Maybe right on time.
Speaker 2: Wait, I got to see me?
Speaker 4: Yes, we right up?
Speaker 1: Then the swim and rolling down the middle. I lost my dog Mark were.
Speaker 8: The band staying up till dawn on us?
Speaker 7: Feel to you hearing that song what you can buy it's better than a poppet for the shop.
Speaker 6: Then My Free Way, that's like a tour gone so so good.
Speaker 4: Dang man, you don't. It's almost like when they're singing Unison.
Speaker 2: It's almost like around sound because it's like it's very yeah, it's very similar, but it's different, but it's it's damn, it's so good. I feel like you're writing like your writing style is like much more mature old. I don't mean ma, sure, you guys are mature, but like you know what I mean, Like it's it's very uh, it's seasoned. Season Yeah, yeah, it's very staky.
Speaker 4: For a while. Yeah, it doesn't feel like you're new to this at all.
Speaker 8: For two years a little more than two years pretty well when.
Speaker 3: You guys got legit gifts and I think you know that by now. But man, that's that's great music. You're doing great things. Please keep making it okay because y'all are really good.
Speaker 4: It's super awesome. Man.
Speaker 2: It's it's uh, it's it's really cool. Like I said, it's just it's it's it's I know this word gets used too much, but refreshing. It really is just to see. I mean even then, like when you all look at each other and kind of laugh at this one, like the forty years too and whatever. It's just it's fun to watch, man, it's fun to Its fun to be in the same room with. It just doesn't feel gimmicky, honestly, Yeah, it feels.
Speaker 3: Authentic, like to who you are as people and to what you're trying to accomplish on what you're doing.
Speaker 4: And we wish you the best, man.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Get rid of Caffy, he's the worst.
Speaker 1: You love our copy Bar. You have a stuff down on a copy of Bar to give him?
Speaker 4: Actually, can I tell you I'll tell you my Capy story here.
Speaker 3: He loves this story a whole lot. I haven't told it on here, I don't think he uh. I rarely get embarrassed rarely ever. So it's been like literally ten or fifteen years before I've since I felt my face flush, right, we were looking somewhere.
Speaker 4: We're coming back, We're almost home.
Speaker 3: And it was one of those things where like you wake up at like eight o'clock to the bus rolling into a stop and you're like, oh, man, I need to get off and pee or something.
Speaker 4: You just get kind of out of it, you know. And so I walk in.
Speaker 3: And I get a gatorade or something I said on counter and Cabby is behind me and he he had like a water and I was like, I have been throw it up and I got you, you know, And so he sets it on the counter and I'm like digging into my wallet to get my cart out and what I do and this is like a pilot like there are people if I mean there were people everywhere, like busy bustling. He rares back and slaps me on the butt so hard, and.
Speaker 4: He goes, yeah, you got me, baby, that's my man. That's my man. He got my money and leaves and walked out the door, and I was like an absolute happy. It was so beautiful. It was perfect.
Speaker 3: I was I was so and I did the thing where like because the people on the counter are like, you know, I'm the woman, all right, He's like, that's my man my money and just walked out and I was so I mean I felt and.
Speaker 4: Then I like it's like car decline or like put your number on or whatever and seconds God to get through. Yeah, we love we love Cat. We'll be seeing him this weekend. I guess you justice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're playing jazz Best tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're dropping the bands, I would say, hopping with us the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the main stage.
Speaker 1: Too, so like to acts before Luke. Yeah, parents are going.
Speaker 6: To be there.
Speaker 1: You can be our parents.
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask how how are they doing with this whole thing.
Speaker 6: They're like, yeah, they're yeah, they love it. Our dad's like the most social, like a little butterfly, and he loves to He knows everybody. Everybody we work with, he knows all their names.
Speaker 1: Like, how would they do?
Speaker 4: I can't wait to meet.
Speaker 1: We make a lot more sense when people meet our parents.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good. Well man, I could do this this ye ten minutes an hour crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We do one thing at the end where we do the greatest slash favorite song for for our guest and it's kind of just iconic cornerstone song for for y'all as a group or individually.
Speaker 4: If you have one do you want to play? You want to play one?
Speaker 6: An M I M?
Speaker 1: Or we could do everything that glitters?
Speaker 4: How about you do both?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we have that glitters is probably okay.
Speaker 6: So to me my one of my favorite Hunt songs ever written, Dan seals Everything glitters is in gold?
Speaker 1: Are we doing? It's storytelling?
Speaker 8: First course?
Speaker 4: Take the time. I mean, people love this part.
Speaker 1: I saw your picture on a poster.
Speaker 7: And a cafe out in Phoenix. I guess you're still the sweet hard of th roos. As for me in the Little casey, we still make the circuit in one more Strail and the mole Hole.
Speaker 1: She soon asks.
Speaker 7: About she time, and I guess we never even cross your mind, but sometimes I think about you hand away any round songs and your sequence.
Speaker 1: We have a song on your and the crowd.
Speaker 7: Slep let us from me cometh A great.
Speaker 6: Is not good.
Speaker 1: That's one of the greatest countries are.
Speaker 4: Gifted, gosh gifted sibling harmonies.
Speaker 8: That song is so good, different, that's that's that song.
Speaker 4: It's no song. Yes, the song is great, song will always be great.
Speaker 2: But what y'all do and it's hard, we do it too, but I don't we don't get to hear it, you know what I'm saying, Like, like everybody gets to hear it from us, and and we got a sister on the top and the sister on the bottom, so and we all can sing and all harmonize.
Speaker 4: So like we've been harmonized on our whole lives. But hearing somebody else do it.
Speaker 1: Like that, I totally agree her siblings like do the sibling harmony thing. I'm like like, dang, I hear that, but I don't hear it with us.
Speaker 4: That's why it's natural, you know. Yeah, that's beautiful about sibling harmony.
Speaker 3: That that really defines it is that it's because you know or you have an idea of okay, because you know the person, you have an idea of where they're going to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tendencies. You can pick it up.
Speaker 3: And knowing the tendencies and knowing those usual really tight keeps it mega tight.
Speaker 4: And you can come in with them and you can fade out with them and you know that they're going to make that run.
Speaker 1: And then you do this with siblings. This is great, Like y'all get it.
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't, you know. I can sit here and listen to ten more, but can you do one more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to do redic girl.
Speaker 6: Let's do read your girl, because you don't even know how I am about ten fifty this morning.
Speaker 1: It might sound bad. I might be a little screechy.
Speaker 6: This is actually probably our favorite cover to sing. It's uh, we love obviously a lot of women in country, but Emily Harris.
Speaker 8: Is she's a queen.
Speaker 6: And we have this out on YouTube and we need to release it because it has like over like two millions on us.
Speaker 1: Or so we need to release it. But do we haven't yet?
Speaker 7: We haven't. Me and the best friend Lillien and a boot tick count dogging and sitting on the front horse, coming on the shed, singing that song on the radio play when funny out of them son and got down two redo.
Speaker 1: Girls in a reda town, Me and Lilian, it's a good song too.
Speaker 7: Across the red door line to little southeast of the radio. She loved a brother. I remember back when he was fixing up for forty nine in the year total list, sister gonna rid away and up around the moon and back again, never got further than Vietnam. I was standing there with them with a telegram comes re Lilian, It's perfect. That's the red dirt linjesty this utheast of.
Speaker 1: Radios only us of course wants in a song.
Speaker 9: That's that she's having time my child or red dirt girl somewhere out there around the great being world.
Speaker 7: I swear I mout now starts my fall on Alabama on one of these There's more swing.
Speaker 3: I ever heard down.
Speaker 7: Away from this red dirt town. It's gonna make a joyful sune.
Speaker 4: Out here castle. So good?
Speaker 1: Can we come back?
Speaker 4: It was so much fun, So good you got before. Y'all are crushing. You're going to continue to crush the freaking sky's limit. Man, for real, y'all are y'all are killers. Don't forget this when you.
Speaker 6: Get me things definitely want siblings for the winds forever.
Speaker 4: Oh forgot, forgot there's something behind you that you might enjoy. Oh yeah, let's do a little reveal.
Speaker 2: You know we might be sponsored by to Covis and watch up, you know, don't point pointed toward the camera, you know, no big deal.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: Like to call these our lesbians. Yeah, the lizard skins get in there. Oh, the cats on the.
Speaker 1: Stretch, that's my be presented at Jazz fac Definitely this week.
Speaker 2: Tough, the tough, tough, Yeah, this is years the suade. I'm thank you to Coz. Thank you to co Thank you to Coz.
Speaker 1: Mind the best.
Speaker 4: That's what we like to hear.
Speaker 3: Castles like castle tows, castellos, right, yeah, get them.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for hanging out with us fully. Pea drops May thirty, show May thirty sheltered, sheltered.
Speaker 3: Tours in October November, we'll be dearer hunting, but we'll try to make it.
Speaker 1: We will not be dear hunting because we will.
Speaker 6: Be on the road.
Speaker 4: That's right, you will. Thanks check them out. Thanks for coming. We'll see you next time. Peace,