Speaker 1: Welcome back to give them Lala with Randall. Today's guest is sam Asgari. Britney Spears is fiance. I'm very excited to have him on today. I also before we get going with that, I'm going to talk a little bit about the history of this podcast. Today is history of the podcast. So about two years ago or maybe even a little more, I came to Lala with an idea to start a podcast, and actually came through a poker friend of mine who said, you guys should do a podcast. And so I said, Lala, is do a podcast? And she said okay. And I think we both looked at each other like, okay, we'll do a podcast. I mean we didn't. I don't think either one of us even understood what that meant. We were like, what do we do, how do we do it? Who's going to produce it? Blah blah blah. And we started with another company before Westwood One, and they gave us this amazing producer, Stacy, who is our producer today, and Lala and I just kind of just jumped into it. We didn't even know what we were doing, and we didn't. The funny thing is we just didn't even know you know, we didn't know if anybody would listen. We were like, is anybody gonna listen to this thing? Is anybody gonna give a shit? And I remember, you know, we did it. Our first guest was Stassy and she was so kind to come on, and we were like freaking the fuck out and we had a great time. And from that moment on, we really learned a lot. I learned a lot. You know, I didn't really know I talked too much. I talked too little, mostly talked too much. I think that was that was by uh and and together we kind of grew in this podcast and learned a lot, and we started, you know, having these amazing guests and just an awesome, awesome times grew, the audience grew, and interest grew, and we started to realize, you know, people are having a lot of fun listening to this. And we had some epic guests. You know, We've had Michigan and Kelly and Megan Fox, We've had Celestis the Loan, We've had the cast of Vander Pump, We've had my Mother, We've had you know, we've we've had everybody on this podcast, all kinds of interesting, different kinds of people, and it's just been really fucking fun. I know that I have my fifteen loyal followers on this podcast. I know you're all listening, but you know, I have just really proud of what we've done, you know, together. But I think for now, for me, I'm going to take a step back from being in front of the camera, even though it's a podcast and you can't be in front of the camera. You can be in front of the microphone, and just to focus right now on family and my children, Ocean, London, Riley, and also you know, my film business. So just I made that decision, and I think it's I hope that my fifteen followers stay loyal to the podcast. Why you don't hear my voice, But I think that's just for me right now, the right thing to do for myself. And I just you know, want to be super focused right now. And I am really really proud of some of these episodes. I was thinking about it today. I was thinking about the episodes that I was most proud of, and to be honest, there's a bunch of them, obviously a shit ton of them, but I mean I'm proud of all of them. Okay, back it up, I'm proud of all of them, but I'm most proud of probably breaking kind of our whole pregnancy journey, you know, announcing it and being you know, open about that, and then the birth of Ocean and talking about all the different things. You know, I'm proud of the guests that we've had on so far, sharing their stories and sharing their journeys and struggles. I am going to say, and it's a little biased, but I am going to say, and these particular episodes, just based on the numbers, I was even looking at the mom podcasts and the Dad podcast believe it or Not, and I was shocked. I was shocked were some of our highest rated episodes. You know, I think I never laughed harder in the Dad podcast, but I really love those. I always you know, Jack's and his Hey Create I'll never forget that. I will never forget, you know. We just we had a lot of fun, and we've had a lot of fun, and the podcast is going to continue having a lot of fun. And that's going to be Lala's going to keep that going. You know. I'm proud of the business part of this podcast and how we've grown it and how all the spot meters that have been part of this and will continue to be part of it. I'm really, you know, excited to still be part of that side of it. And that's it, and that's kind of my story. I'm really really just like I just am like fucking just proud. I'm really young. I'm proud of you know, it takes a lot to start a business. It takes a lot to start something from the ground up, especially when you don't know what the fuck you're doing. And we were two people that didn't know what we were doing when we started this, you know. And having said that, you know, Lala and I have a beautiful, beautiful baby in ocean, and I'm always going to be private. But having said all that, I am excited to bring out Sam mc gary, who is a friend, an incredible actor that most people don't even have any idea that he is an actor. I mean, you look on his Instagram and kind of people relate him obviously. This Britney Spears' is fyance, pretty cool, pretty badass. Okay, Sam, we give it up to you. We take our hat off. You're the man, okay, god. But but at the same time, he's a human being who is a good guy and we've gotten to know each other over the last few months, and he just came back today and wrapped my film and I'm gonna be bringing him out in a minute. I'm also excited that today or sorry, this week is Ocean's eight month birthday, so I'm gonna sing Happy birthday to Ocean, so she has this, okay, And guys, don't cover your ears. Yes, I can't sing Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Ocean, Happy birthday to you. Oh God, that was punishment for all of you. But anyway, to my beautiful baby, happy eight month. And what's ironic is it was Riley's eight year old birthday on the eleventh last week, so we have eight month for Ocean and we have eight year for Riley, so happy birthday. But I've already sung Happy Birthday Riley like thirty times and she ran away and hit every time they did it, so there as you go. Anyway, I'm very excited to bring Sam out, So we're going to take a quick break, come right back with Sam. All right. So Sam is Britney Spears' fiance, but he's also a cool ass dude and friend He just came back today from wrapping a movie that I produced with Mil Gibson and Kevin Dylan. And I'm really excited to bring him on because he is a incredible guy, really really good person, has a lot to say, and it is really really pursuing acting right now. So I'm excited to bring him out here. Let's well, Sam, what's up? Brother? Hey Sam? How are you? Buddy good Man? How you doing? I'm hanging in there. I'm hanging in there. Well, welcome to the podcast. It's it's usually called give them La La with Randall, but today we are doing with Randall and Sam. There you go.
Speaker 2: Sam, it's a pleasure to be on your podcast. Brother.
Speaker 1: We're happy to have you. And uh and congratulations to you on wrapping your first movie today. Oh yeah, you just came back from from New Mexico on a movie I produced with Mel Gibson and Kevin Dylan. So why don't you tell everybody about that first, and then we can kind of back channel into how you came to be and how you got into acting and all the other stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, brother, this movie was such a great experience, But to be honest with you, it still hasn't hit me.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes it takes a little bit of time for you.
Speaker 2: To hate you.
Speaker 3: You know, you work with someone extremely talented, and you know, because I'm sure you get it all the time. You work with so many talented people and you're so talented yourself. So yeah, man, it's gonna you know, it takes a little bit of time to hit you when you work, you know, with someone extremely talented.
Speaker 2: You know, someone that has like a crazy energy and such passion for you know, storytelling, someone like Mel Gibson. Yeah, he was definitely on the top five of my you know, bucket list because of you know, I admire his directing and acting. I don't think there is someone better than him when it comes to directing and acting.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, he is. He is, by the way, one of my favorite people in the universe. I mean, the movies he's directed are just epic, epic, you know, masterpieces. And I agree with you. I'm I'm a huge fan of Mel Gibson. I've produced a few movies with him, and so I couldn't agree with you more. He's He's just one of the kinder people out there, but just full of incredible talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I got to tell you. It was kind of hesitant going into it. I was like, Oh, I don't know how he's going to be is you know, is he going to be intimidating? But the second I walked in there, he was so warm and he was so welcoming and you know, but the awkward thing is my character clashes with him every single scene. You know, that's the whole part of the thing. So I don't want to talk too much about the story. But it was kind of awkward, you know, not knowing him. But I was like, dude, I'm going to go at you. And you know, he's such a macho man.
Speaker 1: You know, He's No, that's awesome. So you had So you were there and and what what did you find as your friend? Because I know the thing is, people don't know that you've been stunt training. You know, people know you as Britney Spears' fiance, but I know you obviously as somebody who's super passionate about acting, about stunts, about really honing your craft. And I know you've been working on it, and people follow you on Instagram, they know that you've been working on for a long time. You know, why don't you just share kind of your road in acting and then and then kind of how that translated when you actually got on the set. So yeah, a good thing.
Speaker 2: You forgot talented, very talented, super don't forget that well that you were in my movie.
Speaker 1: So that's a given, absolutely, brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's you know, it's it's a little tough, uh, and not complaining whatsoever, you know, to be in the public eye because everything I do as an actor, you know, it's so judged and you know, so I'm making sure everything that I do is is on the the next level, including my performance, you know. So I'm coaching.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I'm doing stunt Brando. I told you this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say it again on your podcast. I'm doing stunt training for movies I haven't even booked yet.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. That's unbelievable and that and that. No, but that's amazing because that just shows your commitment. I think people don't realize, like, you know, you, especially somebody like you who's in the public eye at a high level, you know, they don't they don't realize that you are out there doing stunt classes, stunt training, filming scenes just a practice for movies that haven't even happened yet. So that's that's a real commitment.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a big believer in you know, putting your energy, sacrificing, you know, putting your money towards your goal, and the universe is just gonna That's how the universe works. And it works like that every single It hasn't failed me every single time. Every time I put one hundred and ten percent into something within minutes, I don't know, it's a blessing, whatever it is, it's definitely you know, uh, you know the law of the universe that you know, I'm committed to and acting is a huge passion of mine. Back to your question, I've always been acting, you know. I was in drama, theater and arts and high school college.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that was all. I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was always my thing, you know, because I was playing football, and as a football player, you know, you're committed to that sport for four to six hours a day. So it's you know, but at the same time, I always you know the jockey of the high school and the college and also the geek, you know, going into drama and art classes, and I was so passionate towards it.
Speaker 1: But you know after.
Speaker 2: College, I kind of like, yoh, let's you know, I lost about like about one hundred pounds because you know, as an athlete, when you stop playing a certain sport, you gained so much weight after that because.
Speaker 1: You're not you know, you're not training, you're not trying, you're not training. I was eating. I love eating. I was eating. I understand that. I understand that. You know what I mean. I love so you you were one hundred pounds bigger and then yeah, you stopped playing sports and and you lost the weight.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, brother, So I know I was one hundred pounds bigger when I stopped playing. When you stopped playing, so I stopped playing, I gained like a little bit of pound. I was close to three hundred pounds. And then you know, I figured, I said, listen, like, I love uh, and it clicked, you know, you know, I need to lose some weight. And I started, you know, losing weight, you know, with fitness. Fitness has always been my thing since I was you know, playing sports and as I was little, so I committed to it, and you know I got really lean and my appearance kind of matched with you know, my goal which was always acting. Wow, So you know I started acting. This is around five years ago, six years ago, okay, And I started auditioning, and you know, TV Film started building credits, and just lately I've been really careful with you know what I take.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I want to tell people that when I met you and you came into the office and we we talked about like your goals and how you love action movies and want to be a real actor and taken seriously, I was so impressed and I realized you had done a lot of your homework. And I don't think people realize that. And as you start to do these movies like with mel Gibson and all the other stuff I know you have coming up, people are going to really really you know, you're going to stand alone as a real actor because you are one. And I think that sometimes it just you know, people just don't see it coming. And I think that's going to be a lot of fun for people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't see it coming because of you know, the public eye and also you know the relationship that I'm right, no, because a lot of people assume, you know, it's so easy for someone that's in the public Eyeland someone that's dating, uh, someone such as you know, my fiance. It's weird saying that because it's so fresh.
Speaker 1: Congratulations by the way, thank thank you so much. People.
Speaker 2: You know, I assume that you get these opportunities, which, by the way, I love.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that.
Speaker 2: My beautiful fiance put me on the map and a sort of a way, you know what I mean. Yeah, but it's kind of harder because you know, I'm going for the serious rules I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm showing I want.
Speaker 2: To be able to express myself as a serious actor and not just this cheesy guy because you know of the way I look and things like that.
Speaker 1: So it's been really tough to try.
Speaker 2: To not take certain things, for example, always getting I lost about easily I would say, like, it's not even about the money. Easily a million, million and a half dollars of modeling just because of my commitment to Wow, I was like, I never I had amazing offers, which was flattering, but I'm not a model man as a bottom.
Speaker 1: That's a hard By the way, I don't have that problem. Clearly nobody was giving me a modeling contract. But I just want to tell you that I that is a hard job. I mean, even though people say, oh, I only just stand there and wear clothes. I mean I've had to do a few photo shoots, maybe five in my whole life, and I was tortured. I mean, just standing there trying to feel normal. I mean, it is an art in itself, but it is it is not an easy thing to just sit there for ten hours.
Speaker 2: Sure, man, it's definitely And it wasn't my passion. You know, I love it, you know, I love other people. You got to chase your passion, and you know, I was so committed to my goal that I was you know, I was like, I didn't want to do this. I try to stay away from it as much as possible. And even with acting, it's so tough because it's so easy for actors to get certain roles, and you know, as a regular actor that's not established in the public eye, you know, you gotta work, you gotta you know, you gotta do these roles.
Speaker 1: But I was getting all these.
Speaker 2: Soap outer opportunities, and I just didn't seem like, no, you know, no offense to the soap opera community.
Speaker 1: I just my goal was, no, you just it just wasn't it just wasn't your It's same with me, like I make movies, so I completely understand, you know, you know, it's just preference. It's not even like, oh, I don't dis soaps either, and I don't diss these different mediums. It's just what I'm attracted to. And it's probably the same for you. You just you know, you try listen. I'm having the best time with you. Give me a minute, We're going to take a quick break. We're gonna come right back, and I want to hear you know a lot more. And or' even going to talk about how you met Brittany. So you were, I mean you were. You hate videos, You just wasn't in your DNA for for the career that you wanted to have. And you get a call and I assume it's for a Britney Spears video. Yeah, so I get to call.
Speaker 2: My friend tells me, listen, I'm working on this video, and you know, I'm referring to you. And then I said, look, you told me not to do a video, so what's going on? And you know, Max, he said, oh, trust me, you might want to do this video.
Speaker 1: I was like, cool. I didn't think too much about it. I went the next.
Speaker 2: Day amazing, you know, and then I didn't find out who it was for until I walked in.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like a secret project type thing, right, and until I was interested in and I knew about it. So I went there as an actor, you know, on set, I had a great time. You know, it was I was working with my friend again, so I didn't think too much about it. Well, when me and my fiance now fiance, you know, connected, it was kind of like an amazing energy vibe between us. You know, it was this normal experience, normal conversation, right, you know, like, hey, how you doing, you know, how was everything? Thank you for being in the video, so, you know, just like a normal conversation. She was so sweet and she was so welcoming.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Something about people that you know that are super successful and super talented is that their energy is so welcoming. You know. Yeah, of course, you know, we clicked and we talked about you know, just get some sushi.
Speaker 1: Okay, but hold on sec as you're talking and as you're just hanging out because you're in a work environment. You know, you're just you're making a video and you're you're the actor, and she's the artist and here's you know, nonchalant. Is there like this magical spark you know that happens or is it or is it just hey, we're gonna go get some dinner. Like what was your vibe at the time.
Speaker 2: We both were, you know, just having a good time. It wasn't I don't think there was a spark at you know. Okay, I built over time, but you know, it was a normal, normal thing. We were both single, right, and it was just normal and she was having such a good time and she got my number and then she pretty much messaged me a couple of weeks later, you know, what are you doing, Let's have some dinner. And then I was like, oh, you said sushi, Let's go have sushi, and you know, and then it didn't really hit me, so what was really happening? Which I said, it always does after, you know. Yeah, so after so I didn't think too much about it. We went to dinner, and then here we are.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me, at least tell me something you go to dinner. Is the first kiss at dinner? At least is that first moment brandas something you need to know about me. I don't kiss into Oh god, you're on the wrong You're on the wrong podcast.
Speaker 4: No, I'm kidding, Sam, I'm kidding. By the way, I respect that completely, you know, No, listen, I think that's great. So anyway, you guys had this great moment. You guys, you know, you get connected, you started going to dinners. It was kind of like a very it's you know what it seems. It seems like a really really sweet courtship and that's what it feels like. Oh man, it was, That's what it was. You know, it was like, you know, that attraction and that love was built over.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh shit, like I'm meeting a real human being that has passion. And you know what's crazy. I'm gonna give you this random or something I never said before the fact that someone so successful someone so it's going to help me down the line. It's helping me as we speak. Is that someone that's on her level or on her level of success could be so sweet and so humble. And you know what I mean versus you know, you meet some people that are not so success or that don't have that attitude, and you understand how you know these people that are on the level as you know, she is why they're there is, because they make people fall in love with them, you know, just like her, just like the rock. You know, they make they make people feel amazing being around them is the energy that when they enter a room, it's so amazing, you know. So it helps me and I hope I have that energy. I get that a lot around my friends, you know, around my people. I'm not comparing myself with Celestor, but you know, I hope I make people feel amazing, you know.
Speaker 1: I just I think I think that's one of the sweetest things I've heard, honestly, and it's you could tell. I mean, you guys have this really really you know, really neat thing, and the way you speak about her, I can tell. So No, that's that's great. So it was. It was. It was kind of like a real natural, organic courtship. It just happened. Yeah, and you two fell for each other and the rest is history, as they say, and that's where we are today. Yes, I love it. I love it. Well, listen, that's that's fantastic. Obviously, I'm a fan of of you and your friend, and I'm a fan of of your fiance who's a superstar and we all know and uh, quick question and again you can deny me this information. I'm uh, wedding plans is their wedding plans.
Speaker 2: So she's wearing the pants, man, I don't mean what she's wearing the she's wearing the pants. And something about my relationship is you know, I'm trying to I'm trying. It's very hard. But something about the secret and something about you know, spontaneous things and privacy. Yeah, that you don't get that anymore. So I'm really trying to, you know, respect that, and you know, not not only for her, but for me, you know, because I don't want to have this amazing future and if you practice that now, that's always going to be there.
Speaker 1: I think that's really well said. And I, you know, I you know, I come from a very you know, behind the scenes background, and and I definitely understand that and have you know, run a film company for a long time, and and I do understand that in the world that we're in today, obviously you know, things have changed with social media and all the different platforms. So I think I give you a lot of respect for really trying to do that and hold that integrity for you and for you and your partner. So that's been absolutely, brother, Tell me what you have coming up next, like what's on what's on the horizon for you work wise and life wise? Anything?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Man, you know, work is always going to be something. As an actor, you're always working. You know, if you're not working on set, you're always working, You're always training, You're always you know that. As for me, I'm doing physical and you know the physical factor of it. I'm doing stunt training two times a week. I changed my workouts because I was working out with weights and all that to MMA training, Wow, and really focusing on on that so you know, giving myself more of a lember, you know, to be able to move on camera, to be able to do the action themes such as I just did. And I'm doing a lot of TV stuff as my you know, as the grind. You know that that progress, you know, staying true to the grind and doing TV work and doing roles that you know, built up my things and everything I've done is been like coming out great lately. I don't know if it's you know, everything that I chose. I did this thing hacks, you know, this big show on Jeane Smart always in there for two seconds Randall. It was the first it was the first two frames of the show, and then I was watching the Emmys and then they show me right right there as they win like a bunch of Emmys.
Speaker 1: So, you know, so.
Speaker 2: The whole production sent me a thank you. I'm just joking a bunch of Emmies basically. But everything I'm doing is very I'm strategizing. I'm making sure that you know, the TV roles that I'm picking, that the movie roles that i'm picking is true to the grind because I'm I'm very young.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Well let's not say that because that people were, but.
Speaker 1: You know, you're you're young, You're young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very young for the goals. And also I don't have humble goals when it comes to acting. You know, I try to stay super humble, but at the same time, my goals aren't humble when it comes to acting. You know, I want the biggest thing and then it's to take some time.
Speaker 1: You know what. That's just dreaming and there's nothing wrong with that. And I don't think that there's an ego associated when you have big dreams. You know. Well, yeah, I mean I came out to Los Angeles, you know, twenty something years ago, and I had the same dreams everybody else has. And you know, all I wanted to do was make films. And I didn't even care about money or or or or or prestige or anything like that. I just wanted to be able to pay my rent, pay my car payment and make a film. So, you know, we all came and gat you know, we all come here with a dream. And I think that's you know, admirable to to have those dreams and keep them right in the forefront, you know, and not apologize for that.
Speaker 2: And I get that from working with these guys uh and these uh, the people that have been in the industry for such long time, and they show up, you know every morning passionate. You know, they don't even care about the money. They just want to tell stories and they want to you know, they want that passion. And I'm so passionate about that that you know that I'm putting one hundred and teper Like you said, there's no ego behind it. It's just my goals are. So I have such high expectations when it comes to, you know, my career, and I'm putting you know, one hundred ten percent behind It's going to take a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's pretty wrong. It's not I'm not sitting around waiting for things. No, that's not at all.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to because every time something comes at you that you haven't worked hard enough, it doesn't bring that happiness, it doesn't bring that passion. So that's you know, I'm one hundred ten percent at it. I'm going extra, I'm sacrificing my time, my money and going out of my way.
Speaker 1: I loves that. But that's that's what That's what got me when you, when we met for the first time. I think that people just you know, Instagram is such you know, to me, it's such an illusion. You know, it's not it's it's not who we are. I mean, yes, it's a it's photo moments, but there are selected photo moments and you can't you know, people want to make judgments on us just you know, from that moment. The reality is, you know, you you came in the room and you sat down, and I knew within five minutes you were real, like you were really, really in this and you were really passionate. And I think people listening right now can hear that as well. So yeah, yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to take all day because I could talk to you all day, but I want to ask you a question. Uh uh, I have two children. I have three total, but I have two older children. I have a newborn. You and Brittany, will you have kids? Good?
Speaker 2: Of course I want.
Speaker 1: Some people say no, you want.
Speaker 2: And Randall, you don't know this and like to keep secrets. We already have five kids. Do dropped them off at the grand No one knows this. Don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: Did you did you? Did I miss something? Did I miss the pregnancy with Brittany?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Five kids.
Speaker 2: I just dropped them off. You know, whatever you drop off your kids.
Speaker 1: You drop up whatever you do with those kids. Uh No, I think that's great. No. I like to ask because you know what, I just had my third child. Ocean who I who is just you know, an epic human and gift from God and and I just you know, I got to say, I'm fifty years old and had my third child, and honestly, it's like starting over and it's amazing. So I'm excited that you're excited to have more kids. And I mean, not you more kids, but Brittany, have more kids?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, absolutely no, it's it's you know, I always love the fact that you know that you're able to you want to relive your life and you know, show your kid the things that you've done and that brings happiness, and I want that and I want more motive. I have so much motivation right now, but I want more. I want to be able to, you know, make them proud and make my you know, future, the five children that I have that we have. Yeah, yeah, but you know, I we it's motivation as it's motivation, and it's just brings enjoy and happiness. I'm already a happy guy. I already love my life, but why not add more?
Speaker 1: I agree? And you know what one thing I'll give you from a father's perspective is each you know, time you you know, have a child, and even your first child, you you you do get to relive your your youth. It starts all over again. And things that I've forgotten, you know, the joy, the the that that wide eyed love, you know, and innocence and beauty is just it almost it basically brings me almost the tears just talking about it because it really is the most beautiful thing. And I can't wait, you know, for you to share. You know, when you when you and Brittany have a have your own child together, you get to relive that whole you know, childhood. So you're right, it is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, man.
Speaker 1: Well listen, I want to thank you, buddy. I cannot thank you. I know you just got off the plane and we're kind enough to come do this for for me. I wish you and Brittany all the love and and I and wait to see you. I know you're doing another movie for me next year, so I look forward and congratulations on everything, and thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, man, I can't wait. Thank you, all right, buddy, Thanks Sam? All right, take it easy, bro.
Speaker 1: All right. Well that was Sam. Wow, that was pretty dope. I got to tell you guys, you know, it's always interesting to get to have people come on share their story, people that I don't get to spend that much time with or And I think Sam is a incredible person, incredible human, and I'm just really proud of everything that he's doing and accomplished. So that's it, and that's what we have for this week. Stay tuned, come back next week and we'll see you that thanks