Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of super Intrendent Chalmers. That one courtesy of The New Chris.
Speaker 2: And Hammarani Hamma Rama Hanoramic Skeel in the Discord hammarama As.
Speaker 3: That's my nickname for them. Shout out to y'all.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack, that is Miles. These are are some things that are trending. Yes, yes, y'all. Meme stocks are back. Baby the Dude Roaring Kitty aka Keith Gill aka Paul Dana mixed with Luke Wilson. I believe we settled on Yeah, yeah, but I guess Paul Dana played him in the film them Money, The Money, A Millie, A Millie.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, I didn't watch Is it good? Did you watch it?
Speaker 2: I did not watch it? Uh, Seth Rogan, Seth Reagan, Seth rog I didn't. Yeah, you see said there's so much content around the memes do shit. Like I saw the documentary and I was like, all right, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: That's I didn't watch any of it because I'm always like really averse to any stock market shit. And then I watch it and I'm like, all right, that's enjoyable. Sure, But I've still maintained my distance. But this this fellow super producer Victor, watched it and said it was similar to BlackBerry, except without the cynicism about big business. It like kind of had the idea of just like they're really doing it, they're pulling it off. It's a heist and not like this whole thing is fucked. But anyways, Roaring Kitty one of the stars, one of the main propagators of the original. Like meme stock Boom of twenty twenty one, I guess that was so. He just tweeted a single image of a person sitting back gaming in their chair and then moving forward and gaming in their chair.
Speaker 3: Very simple drawing, but people.
Speaker 2: Get it, man, that just means way, hold on now, I'm getting serious. Is playing a video game leaning forward? I think we all know what that means exactly?
Speaker 3: To the moon?
Speaker 2: Mean, oh yeah, to the moon, Alice, to the moon with one of the same stock Were you doing the same stock?
Speaker 3: I don't need.
Speaker 1: Need detailed financial advice from a financial advisor. I need vague images on Twitter that I can interpret, like their you know, horoscopes.
Speaker 2: Right right, or hieroglyphics that are presaging some kind of event. Yes, and somehow AMC and game stock, game stop, Stock slunks, game SNK, game stunk.
Speaker 1: He followed that first post up with an even more confusing post containing gifts from movies such as valcilm were in Tombstone saying it's not revenge she's after and then BlackBerry Stock got a bump from his post. So it's just people trying to read the tea leaves, trying to roll the bones.
Speaker 2: So what I love about the market, dude, you know it makes sense is who who was was he?
Speaker 4: Doc Holliday? What was who was his character?
Speaker 3: And Unforgid Holiday?
Speaker 2: Yeah that we just show that, and that make that made a line go up because everything makes so much sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cool, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 1: The whole thing feels like it should be interpreted as like a satire of capitalism, but even the movie made about it sounds like it was just like and here's how you win at capitalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because the documentary is interesting because you saw like what the tension was between you know, casual consumer traders, you know, like and then the sort of bonafide you know Wall Street firms that were just shitting themselves and.
Speaker 4: What the fuck are they doing? Yeah? But yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Irrationally. Yes, for the first time in its long history.
Speaker 4: This is why we got to keep them out do something Robin Hood.
Speaker 1: Yes, tacos are Mexican style sandwiches according to the whitest people in America.
Speaker 2: And now it's been made official.
Speaker 1: A judge in Indiana ruled that they're just Mexican sandwiches.
Speaker 4: What you got there, Mexican sandwich, Mexican sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Previously, the Commission denied a famous taco from being located in the Strip Mall, partially based on a written commitment that had been accepted with a nearby neighborhood association, limiting any restaurant there to one that did not offer alcohol, did not allow outdoor seating, and only sold made to order or subway style sandwiches. So it sounds like they made an agreement that you could only order a subway, you can only in stall a subway there, and they were like, oh, we're going to do a taco thing. So the court agrees that tacos andmbritos are Mexican style sandwiches and they can put their Mexican style sandwich in there.
Speaker 2: I like this story better when it was affirming their right to be there, rather than being like, hold on a second, no Mexican style sandwiches here.
Speaker 1: Is it affirming or is it disallowing? I can't tell from the story.
Speaker 2: At the very least, it's basically saying that they are able to.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: So the original written commitment would also permit a restaurant that serves made order Greek heroes, Indian non reps, or Vietnamese bond me if these restaurants compile complied with the other enumerated condition. So it's basically saying like, yeah, you can still you can still have it there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, right, right exactly. They're like, there's it's not a sandwich. I believe it is.
Speaker 2: But yes, as Brian the editor says, yeah, there's something called a torta that might do that also.
Speaker 4: But again, this is always like that's always.
Speaker 2: Funny, how like like an online debate of like what is a sandwich or not a sandwich?
Speaker 4: I don't like.
Speaker 3: It personally, it's not my content. It's not for me.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think it's kind of a waste of time to be to really get in the weeds about being.
Speaker 4: Like, well, is it a sandwich?
Speaker 2: It's like, well, that's not even like a universal form of food. It's a very specific personality type that has a strong opinion on whether a hot dog is a sandwich or not.
Speaker 3: And yeah holds to it.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a strong opinion on like which direction on the toilet paper should be set up.
Speaker 2: So look, we pick our battles, man, we pick our battles. Yeah, so I'm not better right over?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah it does.
Speaker 4: It makes sense the other way.
Speaker 2: It feels like it can go get out of control when it's under That's my that's my sort of like weird neurotic idea of like what can go wrong if the toilet paper is on the underside.
Speaker 1: And it also feels like you're taking your Jeremy hands mid poop and putting them close to the wall.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I interested. Uh.
Speaker 2: Brian is saying if you have cats, it's underhand all the way.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 2: I my cats don't care about the toilet paper roll luckily, so they're not the ones bringing it down. But I get that, Brian.
Speaker 1: But maybe if your cats were more well trained like mine are.
Speaker 3: Now, Uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm reason only one way.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure there's great reasons. They just happen to be wrong, and your wall is basically smeared in invisible poop terms.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well then do you put do you?
Speaker 2: I hopefully you put the lid down when you flush it too, if you're really that.
Speaker 1: I don't even put the lid down when I'm going to the bat or I don't even put when I'm going to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Miles, Sorry, how do you use it?
Speaker 2: You know? You sit on the lid and just let it smush out like a shitty played oh toy, and then you go about your day.
Speaker 3: And then you're there.
Speaker 1: You're there already so you can spend the next forty five minutes cleaning up.
Speaker 4: And that's why I spend an hour and a half in the bathroom, if you must know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not any other reasons.
Speaker 1: All right, TikTok wants us to give a shit about pickle doctor Pepper. It's a hack at Sonic you can just order doctor Pepper with pickles in it at Sonic Burger. I love pickles in almost everything. Yea, this doesn't sound good to me, but it doesn't sound too bad to me.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like okay, So for people who are wunnering, like, what the fuck's going on? It just looks like someone put like a handful of sliced pickles on a like a thirty two ounce cup of doctor pepper. Is that enough to change the flavor? According to people who have tried it, it is not right. And then what do you just eat the soaky peoples? Like when you eat afterwards fruit in a sangria or something like and it gets boozy, like this time, you're like, it's doctor peppery these peoples. Brian the editor has chimed in with another really good point.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's saying, Peter Piper picked a pickle doctor pepper.
Speaker 4: Ah, but run rock rhymes.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Why don't you think about that maybe before you spread your memes, young spread.
Speaker 4: Your memes and fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you spread your memes and fly all the way to another Trump presidency to young fucks.
Speaker 2: This is the dumb, the shitty, stupid part about TikTok. When I'm like, maybe it is influencing people in the wrong way, breathlessly, they're like maybe three pickle slices on a fucking doctor pepper and it's a new hack or people like or the shit with like the perfect iced, pre chilled, optimally chilled doctor or diet coke and that kind of weird pseudo scientific stuff. Like it's just even like cause I like to cook, and I'm just thinking, I'm like, bro, that's not enough to impart any flavor on here, Like yeah, maybe my palette is just not sensitive enough to sense the pickle slices.
Speaker 3: But no, this is your doctor.
Speaker 2: Pepper has to be chilled for four days in a thirty three degree reriderator.
Speaker 3: It's marinate, marinate.
Speaker 1: It needs to be marinating in a refrigerator for at least six weeks. Yeah, dry age, perfect crispiness.
Speaker 2: And then they like dump a bunch of crystal light in there. It's like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Rock ice? Yeah? And meo, are you a pickle? Are you pickleman? Yeah? I love pickles, man.
Speaker 2: I'm all about frinckles, baby freakies. I think I missed the freakies one I started. My only knowledge of the freckles is uh like in the AKA discord uh oh when freaks.
Speaker 3: Started popping off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I'm all about the freakies man.
Speaker 4: I love I love a pickle. I love a half sour pickle. Have you had a half sour?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think I have.
Speaker 2: There's a but tomp is the name of like the brand they have around l A and uh, they have one.
Speaker 4: They're basically like not all the way pickled.
Speaker 2: They're only like halfway there, so they're a little bit half cuque exactly Rancho Cucamonga.
Speaker 3: There we go. Let's take a quick break on that one.
Speaker 1: Uh, and we will be right back to talk about Tom Brady and Francis forty coppola.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back Tom.
Speaker 2: Brady, uh has but it's too much tuna, too much tuna with Tom Brady. He didn't like getting wind mailed on by a bunch of comedians. It turns out roast could have told you that, Oh Tom, did you know what? Did you know what it meant when someone asks you to do a roast, a comedic one, it's basically you're going to be insulted in ways your little brain could not have even fathomed for like two hours straight. But yeah, he was on some podcasts recently and like they're like, oh, man, would you think about the roast? And he said, quote, I didn't like the way they affected my kids, he said of some of the quips, like it made their faces spread into a smile and start going ha ha ha and pointing at me. He goes on, quote, it's the hardest part about like the bittersweet aspect of when you do something that you think is one way and then all of a sudden you realize I wouldn't do that again because of the way it affected actually the people that I care about the most in the world.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what that sentence means.
Speaker 2: It's the hardest part about like the bitter sweet aspect of when you do something that is that bitter sing you know, keep going that this all this all tracked so far, I'm fucked up off the fucking dr Pepper because I'm like, okay, the bitter sweet aspect of when you do something that you think is one way, then all of a sudden you realize I wouldn't that again, that again because of the way that it affected actually the people to care about the world.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's just like he doesn't yet realize that it hurt his feelings and so he wants to filter it through like I'm just protecting my kids. I'm a man, uh like I, you know, masculinity and so he so he's using all these words to like meander around the reality that it has actually hurt his feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, poor guy, we go cry cry in your cryo chamber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his kids are probably fine, Like as long as they watched it, and like everybody was laughing and he was laughing too, I'm sure they They were probably fine with it until afterwards he was like, why.
Speaker 2: Were you guys laughing?
Speaker 4: Or I would be like, dude, please don't watch it. They're gonna fucking say things about your mom and I that you.
Speaker 3: I still haven't watched it.
Speaker 2: I guess glazers like, I mean that this is me paraphrasing, which she's like, oh, yeah, this is probably the second best idea you had agreeing to this, after yeah, honey, you should try jiu jitsu, and then and then going on, she's like, that must be tough to like, like be angry at a guy that you know could beat your ass while he's eating your wife's. Everyone was like, oh, if your kids saw that, You're like, yeah.
Speaker 4: They're like, wait, mommy, you're with him. I thought the jiu jitsu.
Speaker 2: I thought Gary was just a friend she's eating Damn Mom, Wait mom, your ass. What a terrible realization to have, But yeah, I get it. We all know that like bittersweet aspect of when you do something that you think is one way and then all of a sudden you realize I wouldn't do that again because of the.
Speaker 4: Way it all affected actually the people that I care about the most in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all been Truer words. Truer words have never been Tom Brady to waw mm hmm.
Speaker 3: There's another thing that's trending, no war.
Speaker 4: I thought it was people's saying no no.
Speaker 2: Australia are apparently noir. So if you remember the Into the Spider Verse animated Spider Man film, Nicholas Cage was voicing Spider Man noir uh and you know everyone.
Speaker 4: Was like, oh my god, snack Cage, like this is so cool.
Speaker 2: Anyway, apparently they are doing a live action show starring Nicholas Cage. It had been like talked about like last year or whatever, but now it is officially announced by Amazin and it's again because this is like they're like, why isn't it Disney.
Speaker 4: It's because it's that weird.
Speaker 2: Thing where like Spider Man Noir is like on the Sony side of the Marvel deal, so they get to do whatever the fuck they want with it.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is.
Speaker 2: Going to be there, like Matt web right right right, I don't know if this is going to be good or bad, but there's I know how badly Nicholas Cage wants to be a superhero. Like he tried so hard to be Superman and it never fucking came to fruition. Now he's going to get to be Spider Man. Does he just overact like we've never seen him before? Is it just going to be super mid I don't know. I just don't know. I just don't know. He really, like it's kind of crazy that he was never a Batman villain unless he was, and I'm drawing a blank on it, but it feels like he like that was a place for over actors to eat, and he like all through like at the peak of his powers, he never maybe he was just holding out for Superman, but that would have been the wildest because like, yeah, Superman is by design like the least, you know, just the most down the middle human possible, right, yeah, exactly, non human? Yeah, but yeah, sorry, Superman Twitter. Don't get mad at me.
Speaker 4: Dude, what is Superman Twitter? Even that just sounds like it exists. I don't know. I don't want to be there. I don't want to know. I don't want Superman Twitter to come for me at all.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, baby, let's talk about another Coppola. Yeah, because uncle Francis Ford Coppola.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 2: Don't get it twisted. Cage's just staining a clever name. It's a pseudonym to hide the fact that he is a Coppola. But dude, I watched that trailer for Megalopolis, Yes, Francis Ford Coppola film that cannot get distribution currently. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ah, it looks fucking unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it looks good or not, but again, it's the trailer is so jam packed full of like acid wild imagery. Yeah, yeah, it looks exactly like what. Okay, So this like great filmmaker was like, I've spent the last fifteen years making enough money to blow it all on this movie where nobody can tell me shit. Right, you can't tell me shit, motherfucker to describe it a Roman epic set in an imagined modern America. Oh, Hell, yeah, dude, dude, your Rome to the Dome. Dude, Rome to the Dome as a man, as a man, I are there's some sexual imagery every six seconds, and that the hero is an eagle, and I will be on board as an eagle loving Yeah, dude, that's a horny, eagle loving man. This appeals to me. I'm taking straight up rome shots, dude, I'm telling you, I'm telling you. But yeah, it's premiering at can and yeah, it's it is wild that like the one of the main stories aside from you, this is it's like old school filmmaking where they're talking about there like some sort of like bacchanalia sort of orgy esque scenes happening, and Coppola, as his producers would describe it, was getting a little old school when yeah, can you act like the scantily glad women who are in the scene because you're like, hey, come on, sit on my lap, or let me give you a little smooch, because he was quote trying to get him in the mood for the scene.
Speaker 1: Nothing gets a woman in the mood like a seventy two year old probably old like night he's got eighty something, right, Seinfeld seventy, so he's got to be in his eighties.
Speaker 2: If Seinfeldt seventy for France, Ford Cobo is one hundred and thirty years old exactly, there's no way. Yeah, he wrote the script in the eighties but could never get a studio to finance it, so he sold off part of his wine empire to self financed the one hundred and twenty million dollar production, and even after like paying for the whole thing himself, he hasn't been able to get anyone to distribute it.
Speaker 1: He had like a screening in March for studio heads. Everybody showed up, like a who's who of Hollywood, you know, corporate leadership was there, and everyone was like, there's just no way to position this movie. So you might have to like go to Europe to watch this on a big but how could you, like, what's the fucking problem?
Speaker 2: It's a it's a huge budget movie with like this like legendary director. They're like all these people, I mean, Shilah Bu, Shilah Buff and John Voight are in it, which I'm already like, wow, fuck is this cats?
Speaker 1: I mean, he compares the protagonist to Iron Rand and seems like very positive on iron rand in a way that makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That's but then like you hear people who are Like from the Hollywood Reporter when they did some test screening, one guy said, like.
Speaker 4: It's hard to figure out who the good guy is and the bad guy is.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, well, then maybe it's not that on its face saying right thing, or the person could just be absolutely have terrible film comprehension. Yeah, and they're like, yeah, the guy who's murdering all of like those innocent women and children, that he was the bad guy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of the complaints from the so we talked about, like some of the complaints from the set sound horrible, but others are, like, so, Adam Driver, he paid ten million dollars to be in this movie, and his first day on set, he's just like made him sit in a chair for six hours while he like put like a projector on his body and like moved like like used an old fashioned like fog machine and just like move the camera all over him. He also reportedly would spend hours in his trailer smoking weed before coming out with a bunch of crazy new ideas. Crewmembers questioned, has this guy ever made a movie before the guy who made The Godfather and Apocalypse. Now, yeah, yeah he has, he probably has, turns out probably has. But yeah, but yeah, I dude, this guy, this guy was selling wine for years just to get to this moment. Yeah, we got to see it, even if it is to just fucking point our fingers and laugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah we shall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'd rather see a big swing from an eighty five year old who's just high out of his mind than you know, right, Or is it just the logic where we're like, how are we thinking that an eighty five year old dude who's getting spooky Hansy on set, getting fucking stoned out of his mind is actually going to make a good movie, And maybe all these distributors are like, dude, I'm not gonna tell Francis that this shit sucked ass, So I'm just gonna be like, yeah, man, it's a hard way to position this one. And they're like they're looking at their friends during the jerk off in.
Speaker 4: This was a fuck.
Speaker 1: It's just so visionary, jack off hand motion, jack off hand motion. But I mean it's secured distribution for five major European territories. But still has no US distribution, So we'll see. I mean maybe the maybe it'll get some heat at CON. Maybe it'll get like a twelve minute standing ovation and that will be enough for somebody to take a chance on it.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 4: We shall see other.
Speaker 1: Con Furiosa And also a movie we talked about a while back when it was announced, the Sebastian stan as Donald Trump film The Apprentice.
Speaker 2: Jerryosa has been getting a lot of talk because Anya Taylor Joy has been Everyone is talking about how cryptic she's been in describing her experience making the movie, like that's all everyone is talking about.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was like, what does she mean? What is she What's going on? But I don't know. We shall see, we shall.
Speaker 1: See some I remember reading similar stuff about Tom Hardy and Charlie's then from Fury Road that they were like, we thought this was a couple of situations that this guy had completely lost his fucking mind, like during the making of that movie, and then you come out and it's like, oh, every single thing was perfect and he just like knew exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, when they asked, you said, quote, I've never been more alone than making that movie. I don't want to go too deep into it, but everything I thought was going to be easy was hard.
Speaker 3: Wow. That's uh, that's super dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah. A lot of here like a.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Charlie's thrown Tom Hardy, like wanted to kill each other.
Speaker 4: So right, Yeah, that's what she said. Quote.
Speaker 2: This is what theirrone said in twenty two two. It was like two parents in the front of the car. We were either fighting or we were icing each other. I don't know which one is worse. And they had to deal with it in the back. It was horrible. We should not have done that. We should have been better. I can own I can own up to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then at the meta production, apparently Anya Taylor Joy said quote, I wanted to be changed. I wanted to be put in a situation in extremists where I would have no choice but to grow and I got it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hope it was fun for you. Is the same the same director too, Miller?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And is his wife editing it too?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like that's what was key to the to mad Max fury Road. Was his wife editing it? Who was not an action Yeah, isn't an action editor? And a lot of people. I remember, all my filmmaking friends are like, dude, it's it's like someone about just having someone like like her edited like, which is what really makes it, really makes it good.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know who the editor will be on this one.
Speaker 2: Margaret six cel is, Yeah, George Miller's wife.
Speaker 3: Okay there, yeah, same editor.
Speaker 4: Is she also doing Furiosa?
Speaker 3: Yes she is, Margaret Sixel.
Speaker 4: Okay, well then hey, I'm back, baby, I'm back hopefully.
Speaker 3: Els on that one. Bro whoa boy?
Speaker 4: All right, all right, thanks for.
Speaker 3: That's as good as it's gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about weight supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,