Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: You. I Am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, Iimal and podcast I Hurt Radio one eleven Productions, Pop Culture, episode fifteen, Season five, Jews and Chinese Food. Doyle says Paris is so hot when she finds him annoying Paris when I then I must be Jiselle Bunchen to you, twenty four seven. Jaselle Bunchin is a Brazilian model, former wife Tom Brady since two thousand and one, and she's been one of the highest paid models in the world. This girl makes serious bank.
Speaker 2: And this reference works as well today, yeah as it did twenty oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's credited with pioneering and popularizing the horse walk, a stomping movement created by a model lifting her knees high and kicking her feet up to step. She has appeared on more than is that Is that right? She did that on the runway and that was.
Speaker 2: Do you mind doing the.
Speaker 1: Innovation? Do you know what the horse walk is?
Speaker 2: Does any of us know?
Speaker 4: It's just it's just that like model strut.
Speaker 1: I know, you're like, all right, It's when they placed up high and then they placed their foot on the right and then they sort of crossed their feet like that. Oh, that's so she started that.
Speaker 2: M wow, is she going to date next?
Speaker 1: Let's all uh hm, I don't know, Gary.
Speaker 2: She is to date Leo cornerback. I feel like I vaguely remember this is to date Leo. Maybe she should just we should have like a Ben and Jennifer and have them get back together.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Let's so, let's do an episode on who she's Yeah lifting, She's done twelve hundred magazine covers that could fill her entire home legit Mater Paris is making the joke that Doyle annoys her twenty four to seven, so he must always think she's hot. All right, who's taking this? Amy? You want to take this one?
Speaker 2: Sure thing? Rory asked Laura if she thinks Richard had anything to do with the Christopher situation at the vow renewal. And if you listen to our episode earlier this week we dig into the importance of this, Lorla says, I'm pretty sure she's the one who poisoned the apple and gave it to Dope to bring to the party. So Lourai is referencing the movie snow White and the Seven Dwarfs when the evil Queen gives her stepdaughter a poisoned apple to send her into her sleeping death, only to be revived by a true love's kiss. Dope is one of the Seven Dwarfs. He gets his name from his incompetence and pension for silly antics. LAURAAI is saying, Christopher is the Dope in this scenario, which is a little different then happens in the movie. But you know, I like this reference. We all got it and it's you know, it's accurate, all right.
Speaker 1: Rory invites Marty to hang out this weekend. Rory, we could watch DVD's order food or I just got the new Marx Brothers box set. You love the Marx Brothers. Duck Soup the Marx Brothers was an American family comedy act that was successful in vaudeville, on Broadway, and in fourteen motion pictures from nineteen oh five to nineteen forty nine. Duck Soup nineteen thirty three was the last of the five Marx Brothers movies released by Paramount Pictures. In the film, Groucho portrays the newly installed president of the mythical country of Fredonia. Zeppo Marx is his secretary, while Chico and Harpo Marx are spies for the neighboring country Sylvania. Relations between Groucho and the Sylvanian ambassador to cheriate during the film, and they go to war at the conclusion of the film. In Groucho was also famous for when on a very hot day fan came up to him and said, I'm a huge fan of yours, and he said, if it's any hotter out here, I could use a big fan.
Speaker 2: So here's my question. Do you think anyone was watching these movies like at their age in college?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I feel like, okay, okay, had social social media hadn't really taken off yet, had it by two thousand? What is two thousand and five? Had social media really taken so you know, all of this stuff was still around. There was like a you know, yes, certain people were watching the Marx Brothers and they were aware of things that were historical and great and legendary and truly funny. But social media has kind of wiped all this stuff away because people are spending all their time doing that now. So it's it's it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I would have been like do you want to come over and watch Back to the Future one, two and three? Do you know what I mean? I just feel like m.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Marx Brothers were truly funny geniuses. I don't know, comedic geniuses the film.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go now, daniel you want to read the next one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can read the next one.
Speaker 2: I would have done sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If I was watching a trilogy of awesomeness.
Speaker 1: But what you have thrown your legs across Marty's lap?
Speaker 4: It might might have been Harry Potter movies.
Speaker 2: By the way, Danielle would be watching Harypotter. Maybe, I don't know. I have Guy Friends made.
Speaker 1: I would have had two thousand and one of Space Out of Seeing, Paths of Glory and slim Gyms.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. I might even would have done The Rock Independence Day and.
Speaker 6: On Air.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Harry Potterlightlight That's a good one.
Speaker 6: Twilight is a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, the next one. Lorelai saying she went to six different costume shops to find dark costume beards and could only find the white Santa beards. Lorelai says apparently Liban Liberman's the only Jew in Connecticut. Joe Lieberman is an American politician, lobbyist, and attorney who served as a United States Senator from from Connecticut from nineteen eighty nine to twenty thirteen. Lieberman refers to himself as Observant as opposed to Orthodox, because he doesn't follow the strict Orthodox code doesn't want to offend the Orthodox. It is a long standing tradition for Jewish Men to have dark beards, so Lorelai is making a joke that there are no Jewish men in Connecticut, so people are only familiar with Santa beards.
Speaker 2: And he was the one that ran for president, like he ran for vice president, or he was the vice presidential candidate, right with al Gore. I feel like that Erman, Yeah, oh yeah. He was a Democratic Party nominee for vice president in the two thousand presidential election, running with presidential nominee and then Vice president Al Gore, becoming the first Jewish candidate on a US major party presidential ticket.
Speaker 1: Lulu explaining to Luke why Kirk needs to play tevia in the school play. Lulu, as you know, we had a terrible experience last year when we did Jesus Christ Superstar. Jesus Christ Superstar is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Weber and lyrics by Tim Rice. Loosely based on the Gospels accounts of the Passion, the work interprets the psychology of Jesus and other characters, which much of the plots centered on Judas, who is dissatisfied with the direction which Jesus is steering his disciples, and the Gosh, the actor who was just killed in the motorcycle accident, was one of the lead He was the lead in Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway in the seventies. Treat williams I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lorlon Suki, turning the arraj into a new space for her, Lourlai says, I don't know, something colorful, something peaceful.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It could be a zen sort of space or yoga studio. Drew Barrymore has one what do you know about this game? This reference is spot on. In twenty twenty three, as Drew Barrymore just told Yoga Journal that she converted a storage space in her three bedroom apartment into her meditation closet, where she calls it a room of revelations. Back in two thousand and five, Laurel Lai could be referencing Drew barrymore Wars character Lucy in the movie First Fifty First Dates she paints murals in her garage. I love it more reference. Yeah, I love it, Drew. I think that's a winning reference at end.
Speaker 5: And she's like more relevant now than even like five years ago.
Speaker 4: She's at her most rat I think, yeah, oh, never been kissed.
Speaker 2: Oh that is prime time Drew for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I literally can watch that scene when she's standing on the like pictures.
Speaker 4: Oh my, I can't. It's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 2: And the mic drops because she thinks he's not coming. Also Michael Vartan at his finest. I agree, I love him and Alias too, but mm, can you do the next one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Suki getting off the phone with Michelle, who is saying he is hearing crashing noises coming from the kitchen, and Suki says, apparently Batman's attacking the inn. Batman is a super hero appearing in American comic books published by d C Comics. In case you haven't heard of Batman before, Michelle, Michelle is describing the noises he is hearing that often mimic the sounds from a comic book. When a superhero is fine, it's fighting the bad guys.
Speaker 2: I love that in the original blu Wie. Wait, who's your favorite Batman? Have we done this before? Just name your favorite Batman?
Speaker 4: Robertson, George Cliney, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The Robert Pattinson version of that film was extraordinary.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch it. But there's nothing Michael ordinary film. It's Michael Keaton all day, all night, every day.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about the film.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the film too. Michael Keaton. The original Batman film with Michael Keaton is so awesome. And he holds that guy and that guy goes, here's.
Speaker 1: A homeworker sign from you. Watch them all get to me.
Speaker 2: I will, I will with pleasure. There's nothing I'd rather do than watch every Batman movie. So I will start with how many one? Well, there's Batman, there's Batman two. Then there's the Val Kilmer Batman, and there's the George Clooney Batman. Then I got to go through all the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. What's that guy's name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that Robert Pattinson, and.
Speaker 2: So the no Robert Pattinson came after. What's that very famous actor who kind of like revived Batman? Come on, you guys, he lives. He lives in Brentwood.
Speaker 1: Christian Bale.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I take it back. Christian Bale is such a good Batman.
Speaker 1: You know what. Christian Bale is the best actor of his generation.
Speaker 2: Now do I have to watch all the Adam West every episode of the entire series? Or can I just do the movies?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Just do the movies?
Speaker 2: And do I have to watch Will Arnett play Batman in the Lego movies? No?
Speaker 1: Are youating me? Ridiculous?
Speaker 2: It's Michael Keaton every day, Michael. And then I got to watch the Flash to see Michael Keaton come back as Batman. Do we all agree Ben Affleck was the worst Batman?
Speaker 1: Didn't say it?
Speaker 2: He was?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 1: You got me to go, Rory? Where are we? Fabric? Mulon rouge and Lur's showing Suki a fabric?
Speaker 2: Her name is Laura.
Speaker 1: It's read this one?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: How do you say his name though? Is it?
Speaker 2: You win McGregor?
Speaker 6: Okay, So Laura's.
Speaker 1: Statures generation McGregor.
Speaker 6: Uh, Lorelai is showing Sukia fabric with an idea for the space. Lorli says, Hey, Mulan Rouge, what do you think? Jewels?
Speaker 5: Elephant in one corner, Ewan McGregor in the other. Mulan Rouge is a two thousand and one jukebox musical romantic drama film, directed, produced, and co written by as Lureman. It follows a young English poet, Christian played by Ewan McGregor, who falls in love with the star of Mulan Rouge, cabaret actress and portisan Setine, which is played by Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 2: Doesn't this just make you want to go? Not really, my lady marm.
Speaker 6: It makes me want to go and all that jefe.
Speaker 5: Chicago yahgo, But it makes me think of it, I know, But for some reason I think of musical Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, I just think of Christina Aguilera, Will Kim Maya and Pink.
Speaker 6: So good?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: How do you? What are the words? I need to look up the lyrics of.
Speaker 4: That song, Hey, sisters, So.
Speaker 2: It's hard lyrics though.
Speaker 1: This is the name of a Rolling Stones album from.
Speaker 7: The seven Getchy Getchy Yah ya da da ya ya here choke a latta yah ya creal lady, mom.
Speaker 2: I don't speak French. Do you guys know that one? What is appropriate? Scott? Everything? Scott, you're so much smarter than us.
Speaker 1: It's weird, it's it's but everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: It translates to do you want me to or do you want to sleep with me tonight?
Speaker 2: Right? Scott just said that Daniel was googling it.
Speaker 1: Man, We're way past that stuff anyway, all right, So Rory tells Doyle and that's that's you know, they could have played that song getting out of this episode with with with Rory and Logan going down. Great call, all right, because I think I think I think they both wanted to get all of their yah yahs out. They did, right, Like, get them just out, get the get them out. Rory tells Doyle to leave their dorm room as she is waiting for Marty to come over. Doyle, Bete Woodward, and Bernstein never tossed Ben Bradley out of their room. Bob Woodward Carl Bernstein were investigative reporters at the Washington Post in nineteen seventy two. Bernstein was teamed up with Woodward, and the two did much of the original news reporting on the Watergate scandal that led to the impeachment and resignation of then President Richard Nixon. Richard Millhouse Nixon. Ben Bradley served as a managing editor then as ex executive editor of The Washington Post from nineteen sixty five nineteen ninety one, and he became a public figure when the Post joined the New York Times and publishing the Pentagon Papers and gave the go ahead for the paper's extensive coverage of the Watergate scandal. Doyle is referencing that ben Bradley was Woodward and Bernstein's boss. Where at the Daily News, Doyle is Rory's boss and she's throwing him out by the way. All the President's Men starring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman, is the movie based on the Watergate scandal.
Speaker 2: This is what I wanted to ask you. So imagine you're Bob Woodward, right, Bob Woodward, You're like, I pretty much crush it. I like broke hope in this whole thing. I'm like an amazing writer. And then they're like, you know what, Bob, We're going to make a movie out of you, and here's who's going to play you, the biggest stud on the planet, Robert Redford. You gotta be like, sounds pretty good. That would literally be like when we told you Brad Pitt was going to play you in the movie about the Gilmour Girls, we didn't actually see.
Speaker 1: I'd like a shot to get that role. I'd like to compete against Brad for that role. I think he went out, but I'd like to because we.
Speaker 2: Like who's going to play But yeah, imagine being told Robert Redford and at the time like, that's like Robert Redford.
Speaker 1: Robert Redford. Yeah, no, No, he's seventy two, is at the height of his powers. Yeah, and that was it. You know. It's a very interesting uh uh. There was a Rich Goldman. Bill Goldman wrote a book called Adventures in the Screen Trade, which goes because Bill Goldman did a couple of passes at the script for all the Presientan's Men, so it was intimately involvable all the details of how that all went down and how that script was developed, and how Redford was an executive producer. Very interesting read if you want to really dig that deep into it. Adventures in the Screen Trade William Goldman, one of the great screenwriters of all time, wrote but you Cassie and a Sundance Kid. Yeah, I mean just one of the greats.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you're still with us, here comes the last one. Marty gives his unpopular opinion. While watching the Marx Brothers movie. Marty says, I thought that I Love Lucy episode with Harpo Marx was lame. Harpo Marx was a mime artist and his comic style was visual, being an example of vaudeville, clown and pantomime traditions. Harpo appeared in an episode of I Love Lucy and Lucy does the famous mirror routine with him, which I remember now too. I still prefer the candy eating and the grape stomping if I had to say from I Love Lucy the episodes, of course, you don't know this candy eating no, I know, on the on the conveyor belt, right, yeah, and then when they had to stomp the grapes, yeah yeah, yeah. Weirdly on my TikTok, an old interview came up with Letterman and Desi Arnetts. Oh yeah, like Desi Arnez was about I don't remember how old he was when he died.
Speaker 1: So was this one letterman was like a complete ahole to every single guest he had.
Speaker 2: I know he did not see. It just was like so compelling because he talked about DESI talked about how they would not let them sleep in the same bed. I love Lucy. That's why they have separate beds because like the network for the studio, I'm not sure which wouldn't let them share a bed.
Speaker 1: That's the way it was.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong, but I think Carol and Mike Brady were one of the first couples to share a bed. But somebody keep me on interesting. Thank you see to the end.
Speaker 1: You know you've got if you've got six kids between you, then you'd better be in the same bed.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Wait, did Fred and Wilma share a bed or they had separate beds? Fred and Wilma shared, Fred and Wilma shared.
Speaker 6: Amy I have the.
Speaker 1: Answer Easton for the wind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Easton had that one, Tara, what's your answer?
Speaker 5: So the first couple to be shown in bed together on TV was Mary Kay and Johnny from The Monsters.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mary Kay and Johnny.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I've never seen The Monsters.
Speaker 1: The Monsters, Mary Kay was Was she the daughter? No, she wasn't the daughter the blonde do.
Speaker 2: Not know the normal separate twin beds like I literally think Dessy and Lucy slept in separate twin beds, like, but like that wasn't anything anyone did in real life.
Speaker 1: Right, Sure people did that in real life. Really people just need to get their sleep.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I was kind of done with each other.
Speaker 1: They had their kids. It's like, I just want.
Speaker 2: It's the snoring for me.
Speaker 3: I want to want to do this.
Speaker 2: Other room.
Speaker 1: Mary Kay Johnny was a separate show.
Speaker 2: Oh tar, It seems like they were in the Monsters, but it wasn't when they were in the Monsters. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We might help us, We may do some research. It actually might be Brady Bunch. You might be right, Amy.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I've been wrong before. We'll report back. So wat Scott. The next episode has like one of my favorite titles of all time, what.
Speaker 1: So Good Talk, Good Talk.
Speaker 6: I feel like Amy says that at the end of every phone.
Speaker 1: Good Talk season, fund to end.
Speaker 4: That podcast with so good pod.
Speaker 1: Not ending this podcast. It's not going to end.
Speaker 2: No, we're just saying. Next week's episode we're going to end with so good pod.
Speaker 1: So you want to do that? You want to do that.
Speaker 2: Next next week? Yeah, next week. Let's see if any of us remembers Almost Stone shared a bed one of the first and time Prime time.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did, going right.
Speaker 2: Happy summer guys. By the way, everybody feel a little toasty suddenly it warmed up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need a Yeah, I tell you, I look like an X ray now. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All right, see'all next week. I'm sure there's more to talk about, but this is a lengthy of culture.
Speaker 1: You know. They they they crave it, they want it, they love the content. All right, we love to give it to him. Thanks guys, best fans on the planet. See next time. Good talk, and just remember I.
Speaker 2: Get your tough goldures never ending.
Speaker 1: Get all of your ya yas out. I'll uh Rory and Logan.
Speaker 2: More a sweater today to try to look professional and it's nice.
Speaker 1: It's a thousand degrees.
Speaker 2: Up there, kidness.
Speaker 1: Do you put a sweeter on?
Speaker 2: Get get? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? Kids?
Speaker 1: Next time?
Speaker 3: All the best, Hey
Speaker 1: Everybody, and to forget Follow us on Instagram at I am all in podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com