Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys Day.
Speaker 3: Stamp It's a fabulous fight song Football Friday, and doesn't Stampede just blow away?
Speaker 4: Hail to the Commanders, Hail to the Commanders.
Speaker 2: They changed the name of the song, they did.
Speaker 5: They just replaced commanders with rescue.
Speaker 4: If we would have kept Stampede all these decades.
Speaker 6: Maybe things would have changed.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, sometime change. I love that song, but to think of the years back then, like not for me, there.
Speaker 2: Better be some stampeding on Sunday.
Speaker 4: There better be. That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Not playing anybody. Everybody's going to be sitting down for the commanders.
Speaker 4: Have they said that or have they or the reporters have said, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's the oh by Golly Sam Holls. Sam Holls playing, is he Yeah? He's going to be the first Washington quarterback to start every game during a regular season since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: And then they'll sit him down in the second series.
Speaker 2: No, he's playing. He's playing.
Speaker 6: You talk to the coaches, he's playing.
Speaker 4: Well, I take that back, because ja Kobe Brissett is limited in practice. Now he's not out. I mean there is a chance that they could go to Brisset at some point. Do they have a third stringer, Yes, it's Jake from former Georgia quarterback.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But see, Holl's got a vested interest in this because if he can produce a win, that'll reduce the commander's chances of having the second pick in the draft to draft a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Here's something to fight for, samhow has something to fight?
Speaker 5: Or if they win, then they won't draft a quarterback because that was just about they.
Speaker 4: Won't be able to draft the number two quarterback.
Speaker 5: And okay, number two quarterback, Well, another one down there somewhere there will probably be more enticing than him.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm just saying I don't know if that makes much of a difference.
Speaker 2: It was playing for his job.
Speaker 4: Anybody got an injury report, Handy Washington? Yeah, I want a Washington injury report. And you can say you can tell a lot It doesn't take any sources with the Washington football team for the reporters in Washington to come up with the idea that they're gonna be sitting some veterans. Okay, look at the injury report.
Speaker 2: Let's see which start with Jonathan Allen. Yeah, we'll start with the ones that are important.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Allen, by the way, his first done list, but itself a better uh huh, has not practiced all a week with the net and.
Speaker 4: He played last week. He played every play, okay last week.
Speaker 2: Basically Brissette was full on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Tarak Castro Fields did not practice.
Speaker 4: He was there starter last two weeks ago or last week, left with a shoulder injury. Okay, And but he is a he's not one of their regular starters.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I thought. Safety Cam Curl went from full to d n P on Thursday.
Speaker 4: He's a veteran guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, so that kind of So there's your d n P.
Speaker 2: Kendall Kendall fuller, cornerback, he's a starter d n POSE days. There you go, Christian Holmes cornerback. He's out with a concussion. So if it's all he was a seventh round pick last year, so he might play even with the consion. The infamous John Ridgeway is limited. I know him, wide receiver, Curtis Samuel. They went from full to d n P.
Speaker 6: What did I just say? They're not playing guys.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is it doesn't taken insightful I mean, it doesn't take sources from the reporters in Washington to figure this out. All you got to do is look at the practice report, and you got guys that are regular starters, and then all of a sudden they went to d n P.
Speaker 7: And yeah, it seems like their secondary is just and they were depleted before. Not there right now, right, there's a lot of people out.
Speaker 2: So so I saw in the one of the Washington papers the reason why they don't want to win this game. There's three teams tied for the number two spot at four and twelve and right.
Speaker 4: Which discussed yesterday.
Speaker 2: Here big shots, but here's the here's the deal, the the Redskins. So when it comes back the draft, I mean, yeah, Commanders, the Washington's in ebook. Okay, the tiebreaker for the draft is your strength of schedule. So right now, Washington has played the teams they've played have one hundred and forty wins and New England is next with one hundred and forty one wins. So the game, as it was pointed out, could come down to the Falcon Saints game because the Falcons have played Washington and the Saints have played New England. So whoever might win that game might mess up their strength of schedule.
Speaker 4: New England could move ahead of Washington in the draft order based.
Speaker 2: On or they could tie, okay, if one of them picks one of their guys picks up the Okay, so they don't want to win, don't.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what's available in the draft.
Speaker 5: So what quarterbacks are they going after this time?
Speaker 4: The top two before and Drake May from North Carolina is another one that's going back several months have been oh, this draft is has great quarterbacks. Of those two, and now you add the Washington quarterback who you're going to watch them in the Nationalship Game on Monday, and then where he fits in and there I haven't studied it yet, but there it is. There are several quarterbacks. Are a lot of quarterbacks in this draft.
Speaker 5: Okay, and so and once again my thing is if it's several. Then why we worried about.
Speaker 2: Because you want the you want the best choice, because.
Speaker 4: There are many years, as you know, where you might have four quarterbacks taken in the top ten, but only one of them really turns out.
Speaker 6: And that my point is they might pick them all.
Speaker 4: Last year. And not to say Bryce Young might have a great career. Okay, he may go on to have a great career, But what did Houston do last year, Lovey Smith. They went, but they went and won that last game, and so they forfeited the opportunity to get the top pick in the draft. So they and Carolina got the top pick in the draft and they took Bryce Young. Well, Houston had to settle for the second pick of that Stroud Wow, yeah, but Houston, if they had the first pick, they might have made a mistaken taking Bryce Young instead of c J. Stroud.
Speaker 5: To me, we know, well, the pedigree in college is great, but you know when it comes to the pros, there's no guarantee, no, not even clutch you guarantee.
Speaker 2: You want the first choice because well the other say, you work at what you got. If the Bears don't take a quarterback with the first pick, then the second pick gets their choice of quarterback. That's the point.
Speaker 5: The Bear the Bears, what were they like five and two or something less? Seven games?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: They playing?
Speaker 4: They're playing?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, think come on, man, the guy they fired some people. Uh, you know, Fields is doing well. If I was Chicago, I would not be worried about a quarterback.
Speaker 4: But what it works for Chicago since if they feel that Fields is their guy is with the first pick in the draft, they've got all the ammunition right there. Okay, come and get it, you know, and trade down, and then you got another pick that's going to be in the top ten.
Speaker 2: You're ten, nine or ten something like that.
Speaker 6: You can still do all of that within the top five. It doesn't have to be the.
Speaker 2: One, but you get your choice. That's so hard.
Speaker 6: It's not hard. But my thing is, it ain't the end of the world.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the other thing. If you're what I'm saying, if we're talking about.
Speaker 6: So much into theta, get the one.
Speaker 2: No, if you're if you're the Golden Bachelor, don't you want to have first You see what he did?
Speaker 6: You see what he did?
Speaker 7: So come on.
Speaker 2: Commercials for.
Speaker 6: This is this is mixed shots. That's on him. I'm just reacting.
Speaker 7: Okay, So if you're the commanders, what do you do Sunday? Do you you play it out? You want to play? If you're Sam, how you're you're playing for that spot.
Speaker 4: Players are playing hard players players. You're playing in the game or playing hard. It's an organizational decision whether they want to get the highest pick.
Speaker 2: They will never put it this way. If Terry McLaurin doesn't play, we know something something.
Speaker 4: Well, but Terry McLaurin I think will play. Yes, he's like twenty seven yards away from a thousand yard season, which is how.
Speaker 5: Long boards is really the key. Right, you can start Howell and I guess how it wants to win. I know what you whatever you guys talking about. But yeah, mclauren can get this twenty seven, mclouran get this twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Well, here, they're not really going.
Speaker 5: These sound like personal goal accolade goals that they're going for.
Speaker 4: And they may have incentives in contracts. So the once they met talked about Washington, talk about Washington versus New England. How New England handling it. You got Belichick and they're playing the Jets.
Speaker 5: Belichick is like Tom Landry you think of what Tom Landry would do. He's gonna play, They're gonna play.
Speaker 4: And if this is Belichick's last game, he for sure doesn't want his last games coach to be a loss to the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: How did you play that last game in eighty eight?
Speaker 6: In eighty eight, we tried hard. I'm sure we tried hard. Who do we play? Who do we play? I bet I played? I bet I played the whole game.
Speaker 2: It was you got the I was gonna say, but see, because you guys lost, you ended up with the first pick.
Speaker 6: Did we lose.
Speaker 4: At Philly?
Speaker 6: I promise you, I promise you. Tom Landry tried his best, but.
Speaker 4: That was where Green Bay won their last game and lost out on Troy Aikman. So there's your example there.
Speaker 6: Making that's what I was.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm helping out.
Speaker 2: You couldn't remember who they played?
Speaker 5: I knew, but I mean yeah, but the Cowboys, we were trying to be involved in that, and then we got to the negative way, were trying.
Speaker 4: To win the game.
Speaker 2: We just couldn't.
Speaker 7: So then eighty nine was the first round pick for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that would be one from Troy and Green Bay took Mandridge again.
Speaker 4: They took Mandridge, Yes, Tony.
Speaker 5: How did that turn out?
Speaker 4: Not well? And the Cowboys lost that game to Philadelphia twenty.
Speaker 6: My thing is, I think we all played. Okay, I think we all played. That's just sucked.
Speaker 4: But the Cowboys need to play. Regardless of the Washington approach to this game. The Cowboys need to play. It's a playoff game, right well.
Speaker 2: Jerry said it. I saw Zach Martin say it. I saw Dak say it. Jaron Curse said it. So I assumed somebody has said that to them in a meeting, that this is a playoff.
Speaker 5: I don't know Dak can go from what being number one in interceptions one year and then number one in touchdowns the next?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Did you like the way he answered the question?
Speaker 6: I did not. I didn't hear it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry he.
Speaker 2: He was like, he didn't act like it was this miraculous turnaround. He's still thick sticking to well. There were some things that happened last year, tip passes, things like that. Now I threw some bad interceptions like I have this year. But he basically didn't buy into I was so bad because I think.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't buy that how many touchdowns did you have last year? He was in the thirties, right, And so I think what I'm saying is he's still throwing dimes as far as touchdowns are concerned. He was still he was still gunsling in it. And that's not what he wants to be as a gun sling. He wants to a guy that not manage either, but to control the game himself.
Speaker 2: It was twenty three to fifteen.
Speaker 5: Dang, that's all I got. Yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Twenty three twenty three touchdowns all last year?
Speaker 6: Last year? Was that right?
Speaker 5: More than that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hang on, well, I thought no, I could read something.
Speaker 6: In that regard.
Speaker 5: He can't deny the fact that this is a huge kind of app He just can't. I know he doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: But well, he was not talking about the touchdowns. He was talking about the intercepting.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the overall. Yeah, I mean the overall his game overall. You can tell the difference.
Speaker 6: Clear.
Speaker 4: He only played twelve games, and he.
Speaker 2: Only played twelve games. He's already played sixteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, if you only play twelve games, but you got all these damn interceptions.
Speaker 4: That the interceptions. That the touchdown ratio, it's one to four this year thirty two touchdowns. It was whatever the ratio, fifteen to twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yes, last year, I'll guarantee you seven of them more than his fault.
Speaker 6: I agree, we were right there.
Speaker 4: So we're back down to eight. So it's eight to twenty three. Last we could get it down a little bit more than that.
Speaker 2: So now it's thirty two, thirty two to eight. So but anyway, yeah, so they understand.
Speaker 4: I think the better I will do is look at the standings.
Speaker 2: I went back and you know, and a lot of people keep asking about last year when Washington beat him in the last game twenty six to six.
Speaker 4: I believe it was.
Speaker 2: They were awful. Yeah, they had.
Speaker 4: Who's they the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Cowboys had fifteen possessions, eleven of the possessions did not have a first down eleven.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of the Amazon game.
Speaker 2: And everybody's acting like how won that game? Last year? He was eleven of nineteen for one hundred and sixty nine yards a touchdown interception. His quarterback rating was eighty three. He rushed for thirty five yards. So and they had some guy and Billy just helped me with the first name because I didn't have time to look it up. They ran for one hundred and fifty one yards and some guy Jay Patterson had seven.
Speaker 4: Jarrett Patterson, Jarrett Patrick Patterson, ja r e T Jarrett Patterson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we've heard of him since. Right where'd he go?
Speaker 4: He made back Washington? Flow it up? Yeah, what it is?
Speaker 2: And they had a position and by the way, they had running back interception for a touchdown to.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, given Zach and Lamar their flowers, if I'm not mistaken, along with the great numbers that they both have their practice squal I think another number that impressed me was both of them got hit more than any other quarterbacks in the NFL and they still were able to amass the numbers that they had. Yeah, quarterback hits by both of them, they I believe sacked and maybe hit more than all the other quarterbacks in the top ten the top fifteen. And to be hit that often and to have the resilience I'm talking Lamar and that, to have the resilience to come back and have the numbers that they have, that's that's some teflon stuff right there.
Speaker 2: So you think the hits are because they're stubborn and hang in the pocket, or a mixture of that and people coming after.
Speaker 5: It's it's both, I know. I know with Zach with Dak it is lots of blitzes he's seen. We talked about that yesterday. He's seen a great amount of blitzes. I don't know if he saw more than Lamar did, though Lamar may have just gotten more hits because he runs more. Yeah, I don't know, but both of them, the resilience that they both showed this year with those numbers pretty impressive.
Speaker 7: And that's why they're MVP.
Speaker 5: That's why they're conversation.
Speaker 2: It's not in their DNA to throw the ball away. By God, I'm gonna make something happen.
Speaker 5: And Lamar had always done that. Yeah, because that tried not to do that. He tried to be that, you know, typical pocket passer. That's, you know, unless you're Brady or even Aaron Rodgers loves to get outside the pocket. You know, you love to get outside the pocket and have a better view. And both of them kind of they're not afraid to do that.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: And he started off the season the other opposite right right, right right, And then after that San Francisco.
Speaker 5: I think that's bad. I think that came from bad advice. I think the the improvisation, I think that was on him. I think they still want him to be perfectly in the pocket. Of course that's the optime way to.
Speaker 6: Do it, but I don't.
Speaker 2: And they were thinking that was going to cut down.
Speaker 6: Really right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he started moving better way after the sam.
Speaker 5: Well, he was like control chaos as far as I could see it. You know, I'm not in the pocket, I'm outside the pocket, but I'm still in control.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're past time for our first break and a there is a running back who found a new home yesterday in Baltimore. Were the Cowboys interested in that running back? And how about this? We got a national championship game coming up on Monday. I've got a trivia question for you. Think about it during the break. What former Michigan and Washington quarterbacks were Rose Bowl MVPs national champions have a Super Bowl ring and currently are quarterback coaches for Division champion teams. What former Michigan What former Michigan and Washington quarterbacks? We're Rose Bowl MVPs National champions in college, have Super Bowl rings as players, and currently are quarterback coaches for Division champion teams in the NFL.
Speaker 8: Next on mix shots, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes flippt He'll look.
Speaker 6: Full a per style.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 10: Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang.
Speaker 9: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettus, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice, cooled Kola, A journey to Footopia burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 8: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for value in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 2: Mixed Shots, k.
Speaker 7: Post Roofine and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Okay, like trivia question with the National Championship game coming up on Monday, what former Michigan and Washington quarterbacks were Rose Bowl MVPs national champions in college have a Super Bowl ring, and currently are quarterback coaches for division champion teams. And we've stumped the panel here. However, producer Supreme has a guess. Well, Greasey's one of them. He's Ryan Greasy, quarterbacks coach San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way off, he left.
Speaker 4: The booth to go become a coach. And the other guy in the other one was at at and T Stadium on Saturday night, the Detroit Lions quarterback coach Mark Brunel.
Speaker 6: Wow, I didn't know he was a QB coach.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I always liked him. Yeah, Jacksonville, we go with Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, the question he's good.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was.
Speaker 6: Too must bill. That was very That was harsh. It was harsh. That was that was a tough one.
Speaker 5: That's for honor roll classes. This is not honor roll. We're like more remedial.
Speaker 2: Especially we have to remember all that.
Speaker 4: Well, the key what the biggest clue on that was the quarterback coaches of division champion teams.
Speaker 5: So but but now, god, you don't yep, yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 6: So you got your career and come out you doubt.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was.
Speaker 6: Coaching because Panis is lefty and that's nice.
Speaker 4: Ye, So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: All right, tell me about this illness that just cropped up on the Cowboys practice report.
Speaker 2: How many guys did they have out with illness? Let me count one, two, three, four guys out with illness. Juan Ye, Thomas, Malik Hooker. He also has an ankle, Chauncey Goldston and Tuma Adoga illness.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what do we think on the offensive line, who's going to line up left or right on Sunday afternoon at three twenty five against Washington.
Speaker 2: Well, left guard is going to be either questionable or doubtful. I'm Tyler Smith, and a lot's going to have to depend on what happens tomorrow because he has not practiced yet.
Speaker 6: No, TJ.
Speaker 2: Bass, let's go. Although, on the scout team, Leil Collins worked at left guard, which was his original position when he got to the Cowboys, left guard before they moved him to tackle.
Speaker 4: So now you see the reason that they brought him in after the Tyler Smith injury.
Speaker 2: They wanted to experience and he uh, actually, I mean I'm not. I don't know how he practiced, but physically looking at him, he looked good.
Speaker 6: He sounded good, he sounded.
Speaker 2: Oh, he was fantatic.
Speaker 6: He could. That's one of the best interviews I've heard offensive live.
Speaker 4: Was he as happy as when he signed with the Cowboys as a college free agent at that press conference?
Speaker 2: Almost?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because the second time around he seemed to really be.
Speaker 4: Appreciatd He's back home.
Speaker 5: He's back home, basically, That's what she said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he was, Yeah, he was. He was good. In the interview, they asked him tackle guard, he goes whatever they want, full back, I'm in.
Speaker 7: So what I liked seeing yesterday on the injury report was Ricodoudle full in practice. He was limited on Wednesday, but we need him back in there. We need to really establish the run game a little better going in.
Speaker 2: Sunday admits that.
Speaker 4: Ye, speaking of running backs, Dalvin Cook has signed or signing with the Baltimore Ravens. Are you surprised at all the Cowboys or what's the intel on the Cowboys interest if there was any.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling that interest was agent provoked, because if you got a guy without a job and you trying to get him a job, the first thing they always used to say is, oh, the Cowboys are interested just to get everybody else's attentions. Oh we don't want the Cowboys to get that guy.
Speaker 7: Everyone else will jump on it.
Speaker 4: And I don't think the Cowboys were.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either.
Speaker 6: According to Nate, the guy's just not that good. You know what.
Speaker 4: I watched him last night, went back and looked at his he had against Atlanta, and Week thirteen was his best week with the Jets. He had nine carries for thirty five yards and one catch for eleven yards and a fumble in that game. Eighteen snaps. That was Week thirteen, That was December third. The following week against Houston, they had seven carries for thirteen yards one catch for minus five. That was a thirty to six win for the Jets over Houston. And in that game, Brice Hall had ten carries for forty yards and eight catches for eighty six yards. So we had eighteen touches for one hundred and twenty six yards and a touchdown well. Dalvin Cook had eight touches for eight yards in that game. And then Miami the following week, neither one of them did very well. And then against Washington Cook got five snaps, no carries, and last week did not participate against Cleveland. Do you and Brace Hall became Breece Hall. Against Washington a couple of weeks ago, had thirty two touches, four well, ninety five yards rushing in ninety six receivings, whatever that adds up to from scrimmage, nearly two hundred yards from scrimmage on sixty three snaps. They decided in the New York that Brestaw is going to be our guy. And and then I was watching just In Blitz pickups and stuff. He Dalvin Cook did not look like.
Speaker 5: And that may have had I always thought that Aaron Rodgers injury had a lot to do with him not playing. I don't know how, but it seemed to be a factor.
Speaker 2: How old does he know?
Speaker 4: Cook is twenty eight?
Speaker 2: That's sort of the line of demarcation for running backs, twenty eight for most, except if you know that.
Speaker 5: If you know that there's a running back, then you better know how to do other things. You better know how to do have a blitz pick up. You better be that guy back and do other things other than what you They brought you there.
Speaker 4: So he was rafted in the second round in twenty seventeen, so year after Zeke was drafted in twenty sixteen, but basically the same age as Zeke. He turned twenty eight August tenth, and he's a four time Pro bowler. But think of all the carries that he's had in his career, and so there's just not that much tread. And the other part of it with the Cowboys, the third running back has got to play special teams, and Dalvin Cook hadn't played special teams.
Speaker 2: And see, and that's why it hurt Deuce to be active as a third running back because he can't help him on special teams if he's not the returner. And he's not the returner. So that's that's that's what hurt him getting more of a chance than he did.
Speaker 4: And just looking at Brice Hall, comparing him with Dalvin Cook in that Jets offench which was behind a bad offensive line, Brice Hall was head and s shoulders above him. I can't understand why they decided to saddle up with him.
Speaker 6: Brie looked like Polo last year and all.
Speaker 4: Was coming off an injury earlier in the season too, so and he's so he's healthy now, So that's true. Now, having said that, Baltimore will figure out a way to use him, and you know probably and but we'll see. Uh, you know, they've had all sorts of injury issues at running back in Baltimore.
Speaker 6: He's blessed to be put in that situation.
Speaker 4: Huh. The chest did him a favor by letting him go and letting him catch on with the team. Can make a long playoff run.
Speaker 2: So signing to the practice squad, said Doddrick Thompson, didn't get you excited.
Speaker 4: Uh, he's I mean, he's a young guy, rookie, undrafted, was he run drafted out of Texas Tech. He's had a Ranchview High School in Carrollton, uh and right there in Valley Ranch So he.
Speaker 2: Just had to drive roll But he was with Seattle.
Speaker 4: We saw him, did we played Seattle in the preseason. He was on the practice squad, Sir Roderick Thompson.
Speaker 2: I know my tastes.
Speaker 4: Tech friends love him. He's a tough runner. But and I look at that as much as you get him in here and for next year, you know, you got him in here for a week too, however long the playoff run, last on the practice squad, get him in here and then he can sign he didn't time well at the combine, you could sign.
Speaker 2: Him as a future That's why they're looking at right some of these other guys, probably Racy McMath. Also, you get, however many weeks you're going to play now, and then you just basically say, okay, when the season's over, you sign him as a futures guy. But I think they'll still do it. Sounded like with Martavius Bryant, okay, who they let go. And also sometimes when they signed I don't remember if I said this yesterday, they signed guys sometimes for practice purposes that they got to fill a spot, so they needed another running back with Deuce going out on the practice squad. So yeah, sometimes it works out that way. Now, obviously with Damian Wilson and Leale Collins, they're looking for guys to be ready and we'll see how long it takes weal to.
Speaker 4: Ramp up to be all right. So remind me on Milie Davis, is he.
Speaker 2: He's out of elevation so so, but you get another.
Speaker 4: One, So will they He's out of elevations, so will they sign him to be available on Sunday? I doubt it? Okay, So your running backs are Rico and and Lipkey and Lipke Yes ever since favorite, and.
Speaker 2: You're hoping I keep ing, by the way, that's the other thing.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing. On Dalvin Cook they were in with the jets they were using in third down situations. Rather than have Dalvin Cook on the field, they had their fullback Nick Bowden on the field as protector. Basically, that tells you a lot about how that built about Dalvin Cookers in past protection too. So all right, we continue with our picks to click and our picks for the game on Sunday when Mixed Shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag Brisky in the smoke Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere is the Crisp Crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory dropping, there's no topping of cool, pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 8: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Shots.
Speaker 7: Enjoy premiere dining, shopping and experiences from over twenty plus restaurants, shops, and more at the Star District. Check out the women's boutique Flea Style of Frisco and the official boot partner of the Dallas Cowboys at Luke Casey. Enjoy New Year's celebrations at Snowbird Cocktail Lounge, Concrete, Cowboy in Cityworks, Eatery, and Poorhouse. Visit Thestardistrict dot com for the full directory. Guys, I want to talk about Coach McCarthy for a second. Okay, Coach McCarthy forty one wins in his first four years with the Cowboys. That's the most of any Cowboys coach in their first four years, and I think earlier this week when I was listening to him in the press conferences, He's been extra chippy this week, and he has had He's been extra chippy this week. I think he's playoff mode at this point, so I like seeing it. I think we haven't talked enough about how well he's been doing as a play caller this season and how there's been a lot of success coming out of it because of coach McCarthy.
Speaker 5: So when we brag on Dak, then we should be also bragging on McCarthy.
Speaker 7: We should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think Dak gave him his due when he answered the question about play calls too so, and it was nothing against Kellen Moore, No, it was just kind of how things were arranged, I think, and emphasized.
Speaker 5: There were times last year when you could see he had to take up for killer, and you know, he led it slide for the entire season, but not this season.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. I didn't think of it that way about wins to start a career twelve, but because Tom got off to basically a five year false start, right, I mean it was five consecutive losing seasons, Jimmy was two. Switzer would have been close, right, except for the fourth season when they went six and ten. Gaily only had two obviously, Campo Dinton Jason had three straight five hundred Wade had three of the four winning seasons. Bill actually started off well and then fell off the next year and then had two winning seasons.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, twelve is a good number, is it?
Speaker 5: Twelve going four twelve?
Speaker 7: Third straight third, that's really good, honestly, and the first.
Speaker 2: Three consecutive double digits since ninety one through ninety six.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 4: So Switzer went twelve and four and ninety four, twelve and four and ninety five, and then ten and six and ninety six.
Speaker 2: So thirty four sixteen is that right?
Speaker 6: Real quick?
Speaker 4: Off the top of my head, if you.
Speaker 2: Say so, twelve and four and twelve and four, it's twenty four and eight. Okay.
Speaker 4: Before we get into our picks to click, Producer Supreme, what was that trivia question that you posed to us off the air?
Speaker 13: The trivia question was on Cowboy storylines?
Speaker 2: Okay, free tickets to the Washington game?
Speaker 4: Actually, okay?
Speaker 14: So the trivia question was was what player returned a punt returned versus the Cowboys and then later in the year led the Cowboys in punt return yardage.
Speaker 2: Oh, punt return.
Speaker 7: Yardage and led the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You said led the Cowboys in the same year.
Speaker 14: So played the Cowboys in the opening game and returned a touchdown versus the Cowboys, and then joined the Cowboys and led the team in.
Speaker 4: Punt return yardage in the same year.
Speaker 6: In the same year, and they went to Oklahoma.
Speaker 14: Hold on second, hold on second, I got I got a guy back here.
Speaker 12: You want to talk to him, Bill, I am shocked because this is an Oklahoma guy.
Speaker 4: I am shocked.
Speaker 5: What do you mean You're shocked, Yeah, that you didn't come up with it When I said, Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Guy, I've got it. I was just letting everybody else.
Speaker 2: Spin was scrolling through, right, I had, I had it.
Speaker 4: I just had to confirm it.
Speaker 13: Nate in the break was like, I said, Oklahoma, and you see the the Oklahoma radar.
Speaker 4: Go up, and I was like, son, the son plays in the NFL. Now again, Yeah, for the Giants, the late Derek Shephard Eric great Derek, But.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember him playing for somebody else.
Speaker 13: New Orleans and he played for Washington before that, Yes, but he played for New Orleans the opening game and he had a punt return for a touchdown against the Cowboys and Jimmy and then Jimmy's.
Speaker 4: First game, and I was where you playing special teams?
Speaker 5: Ever?
Speaker 13: Soon he though, okay, so and then he got cut and Jimmy picked him up, and then he led the team in punt return for one hundred and sixty yards.
Speaker 5: I wasn't on punt coverage. I was on punt return.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: Jimmy picked him up on the advice of Barry switzerand I just made that up.
Speaker 6: I was ready to believe that shut dog.
Speaker 2: That's what they nicknamed them.
Speaker 4: All right, very good. That was a good trivia. We had a couple of trivia questions we did here all right. Time for our picks.
Speaker 6: This is a tough one.
Speaker 4: That might mean we didn't want a tough one.
Speaker 6: This right here. I don't know how bad I want to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how bad I want to be. I want how much credit I want to give them? That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to go what you want to pass?
Speaker 6: I'm not passing. Come on, no, I'm going with this one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be like Nathan Dowton said, Man, let's just blow these Foods out. I gotta go for a big score. It's got to be something like thirty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not big. My cowboy standards well on the road.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, all right, thirty five to ten.
Speaker 5: That's what they have put on the road against the n CEET. That's why I've got a happy medium going here. So thirty five ten, So dak and and.
Speaker 6: Micah and CD.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, Dak no Micah, no CD.
Speaker 7: Right, throw them out.
Speaker 6: We'll throw it out.
Speaker 4: They might as well throw outdrom Bland to throw out all the pro bowlers. You can't pick a pro bowler.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that's a good one. That's a good one. I'm going with Brandon Cooks then, okay, right, I'm going with Cooks. Cook's gonna have two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: That's my two touchdowns for Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 7: Brandon Cooks, all right, savvy, Right, I'm going with the Cowboys thirty to fourteen, and I will pick Stefan Gilmour for my click to pick with one interception this game. Considering Sam Howe has thrown twenty touchdowns this year and nineteen interceptions, he's going to have another one on Sunday almost Gilly's gonna pick.
Speaker 5: It off almost very good club was to score thirty.
Speaker 7: Thirty to fourteen thirty fourteen, Nicky.
Speaker 2: I've got the Cowboys winning thirty to nothing. I could see that nothing.
Speaker 6: I could see that I didn't want to give him.
Speaker 7: Shut out, shutout, shut out on the road.
Speaker 2: Brings back the end of the two thousand and nine season when the Cowboys needed to beat Philadelphia to win the East and they shut Philadelphia out twenty four to nothing before we move on, So a little bill logic then, So then.
Speaker 5: Diggs and myself was safe then in regards to the interception League, Yes, so the franchise.
Speaker 6: League was safe.
Speaker 7: I feel like you're safe right now. You feel like you know, I mean, might might come out.
Speaker 2: Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Stevon Gilmour's only had two this year, so I can't pick Bland.
Speaker 6: I saw prob.
Speaker 2: And my pick to click will be Rico Doddle.
Speaker 4: Good one.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's a good one because time get a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Well, he's going to get a lot of carries.
Speaker 4: And why is he getting a lot of carries because they're.
Speaker 2: Going to rest pollered once they get up twenty four to nothing.
Speaker 4: And what was your score again, thirty.
Speaker 2: And thirty might mean we get three field goals, which does that work?
Speaker 6: Yeah? And what happens with that?
Speaker 2: He will set the NFL record for most field goals made without a miss.
Speaker 6: But damn, I'm glad we pulled that out of you in one season.
Speaker 2: In one season, in a single season.
Speaker 5: Yes, you said, dabdless get one hundred yards?
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 6: Nice? That's good. Pick.
Speaker 4: What's the most points the Cowboys have scored against Washington?
Speaker 2: Well, you'll have to tell me.
Speaker 4: Well, two years ago fifty they scored fifty six.
Speaker 2: So Bill's got fifty six fourteen two years ago.
Speaker 4: That was in Dallas, okay, all right, and it was forty five to ten on Thanksgiving Day, okay, so we need some field goals though also in there. So I'm gonna go with I'll just go back to the one of my favorite all time games ever since you remember it well, September ninth, nineteen eighty five, the Cowboys beat Washington forty four to fourteen on Jill Thaisman's birthday Monday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Again, the five picks it or something five and the fans sang Happy Birthday after the last.
Speaker 4: It was the first time I ever did a live shot in my satellite live shot in my life for a.
Speaker 6: Love tell Victor Scott.
Speaker 4: Victor Scott had one of those five picks, two of them, two of them.
Speaker 6: One of them we turned for a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Okay, So forty four to fourteen is the final score. The Cowboys are winners, and Tony Pollard is my pick to click. As he goes over one thousand yards on the season, he needs sixty five yards and when the Cowboys faced Washington on Thanksgiving Day, he had thirteen carries for seventy nine yards and a touchdown six catches for twenty four yards, so he had over one hundred yards rushing and receiving. This would be a good day to go over one hundred yards rushing and receiving again to prime for the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And that's what this game better be about.
Speaker 5: That's it priming for the playoff, right, everybody, We're going to work on our stuff and be successful at it.
Speaker 2: Not just work on it, be successful and win, get in and get out, and hopefully the weather co op rates. What's the forecast, so rain is pretty good, possibility snow tomorrow because there's a northeasterner going in the East Coast, but I think on Sunday it's going to warm up just a tad.
Speaker 5: I think it's scary when they say no Eastern.
Speaker 4: And Savannah brought this up earlier in the week, maybe yesterday, about who do you want to play in next week? So what are we thinking? Who are the Cowboys going to be playing next week? What do you think?
Speaker 6: Nobody?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: No, there's no buy.
Speaker 4: What sisters got the buy?
Speaker 6: I want to buy the buy all right?
Speaker 4: So that your choices are the Rams, the Seahawks, the Packers, right, and the Saints. It's also a possibility. By the way, Derek Carr has been playing pretty well here lately. I want the pack okay, but not who This isn't what we want? But what who do we think will What do you think will happen? Who do you think the Cowboys will be hosting next week? In the playoffs?
Speaker 6: What does it take for the Packers to be here?
Speaker 4: Win?
Speaker 7: They have to beat the Bear beat the Bears, and the Rams have to beat the forty nine ers.
Speaker 6: That's the last game.
Speaker 4: But I think I think that's what's gonna happen. I think the Rams will beat the forty nine ers and with Carson Wentz at quarterback against Sam Darnold and the Packers. No, wait a second, No, here's what I think is gonna The Rams are going to lose to the forty nine ers, the Packers are going to lose to the Bears, and the Seahawks are going to beat Arizona. Think which gets the Seahawks in?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: So you think we're gonna host Seattle.
Speaker 4: Seattle and the Rams go to Detroit. That's what I want. I want the Rams going to Detroit.
Speaker 2: So Seattle needs to win and they need a green Bay loss. How about New Orleans?
Speaker 4: The New Orleans needs a.
Speaker 2: Win Seattle loss at a green Bay loss. Okay, So those are kind of the and they still got a.
Speaker 4: Shot at the division. If Carolina beats Tampa, right and they win against Atlanta, they win that division.
Speaker 6: Right, So I'm going with green Bay.
Speaker 4: Okay. I think that's the Your hosting green Bay, Your hosting green Bay in Savannah.
Speaker 2: Hosa, host in green Bay, and you got Seattle.
Speaker 4: I got Seattle. Okay, So all right, it's gonna be very interesting. Got two games tomorrow, including a battle for a playoff spot between Houston and Indianapolis Tomorrow night and then it all. It concludes after the Cowboys beat the Commanders on Sunday afternoon with Miami and Buffalo.
Speaker 2: So what do you think you season, what's more likely for Seattle they beat San Francisco? What you need the Bears to beat Green Bay for Seattle get.
Speaker 4: In right, Seattle, if it plays Arizona Arizona, well they can win that, right, the ram can. But Arizona San Francis.
Speaker 7: What's that? What's the Monday night game?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 4: No, there's Monday night, Sunday night.
Speaker 7: We will know Sunday night. What is happening next weekend?
Speaker 2: Actually, there's will know.
Speaker 4: We'll know before Sunday night what the Cowboys fade is, but we won't know the game time and the date of it until Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Is there a Sunday night game Miami and Buffalo? Oh, that's right, because that was what people thought. Well, the Cowboys couldn't do it because they got to play at the same time as Philadelphia, right, Okay, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So that does it for a fabulous football fight. So Friday, when we get.
Speaker 2: Back on Monday, we'll have a clear picture.
Speaker 4: Yes we will, all right, and so we will shout at you again Monday at high noon, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club sp