Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: That's you, Yo Moore.
Speaker 1: Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. All right, Parenthood, we are back for another. By the way, capping.
Speaker 2: Parenthood would not be loving it more. Literally, when I was watching it, it's like it's just on television. It's not like I'm watching an old show. It's not like I'm watching It's just like, this is an awesome, awesome, freaking show. Let's get into it right out the gate with Yo yo yo yo, Peter.
Speaker 1: Krauser, what's up? It's actually what's up?
Speaker 2: When he's talking to Monica Potter about the boyfriend and he's all, yo, you like, oh, I laughed out loud.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 2: But what are our thoughts on them breaking into her room? First of all, the phone bill thing, I get right, they're looking through the phone bill. They're going, why is this so expensive? Now, I'm not sure it would have been so expensive, like if she's using a landline or whatever. But I guess. I guess.
Speaker 1: Back then, you count you counted every minute before like unlimited happened, Like I don't know every minute I had.
Speaker 2: A friend who wouldn't text me back because she would be like I'm over my minute or my I'm over my text allowed.
Speaker 1: Or you would have to call but like after seven pm.
Speaker 2: I remember, I think I had a work phone, so I just racked up crazy question, was it inappropriate of them to go into her room, hack her Facebook, get Crosby over to figure out the password? What was her password?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: It was something kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but that seems a little inappropriate. I think it's okay to break into the room. I do think it's a step further to hack into okay fair because and look, every parent is different. I grew up under my dad, who is very strict, but his rules were always if you live under my roof, you follow my rules, right, And so it's like one of those things if you live under your parents roof, I think you kind of like they kind of have the abillionaire to break it.
Speaker 2: I don't think my parents ever said that one time.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had, Like I did not have strict parents at all. I'm not gonna lie like we didn't do anything bad, but they were not strict. They were not strict. But I get it, right, right now is texting about Latin because Danielle and Jack e ar lattin. It sounds like Latin dads are not like are they. They're known for being.
Speaker 1: My dad is psychotic. One day we'll have to have him on the podcast. He's one of my best friends, but he's psycho. But yeah, I mean, I'm like, I'm here for it. I'm here for the break in because it was freaking hilarious.
Speaker 2: And my favorite part though of this storyline is the unexpected twist that Yo Yo is actually a darling, sweet boy with the most lovely parents of all time, and that Hattie is like been hanging out at their house like a regular old girlfriend telling them everything about her family. So that was like the twist that I loved.
Speaker 1: I was like amazing well and also positive. She was very positive about her family.
Speaker 2: Do you know you're just expecting Yo Yo to be like, you know, the bad boy, and he's sweet and darling. And then at the end when they come in holding hands and everybody the whole family is like watching, and then Peter Krauser goes, that was such a great storyline. Just loved it, loved it. Love right, all right, let's quickly go to the babysitting situation. Now not as strong of a storyline as the Hattie thing, but I like it because Lauren Graham was so like, it's a lot of sister stuff, right, so offended, like why do they not want my kid to babysit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And also you can tell that it was a Lauren Graham thing trying to prove to her sister, my daughter can do this, versus the daughter actually caring.
Speaker 2: Uh, the daughter may whitman. Amber, She's like, didn't care. She's like, I'm find a babysit. I'm fine. Now. What I did know is that Amber would be an excellent babysitter, which she was, which tears in the eyes over the paper turtles.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know I did find that really sweet, right, And you can tell like, even though she's lived far away for a while, she still has a close relationship with her cousin, right, her younger cousin, and she has that like motherly spirit, which she really wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Also because she has a great relationship with her brother. And look, if you have a single mom, you're gonna need to learn how to take care of yourself and others. So I actually think Amber is probably the best babysitter.
Speaker 1: What did you think about Sarah spying on Amber?
Speaker 2: Kidding hilarious because they all have no faith in Amber. It wasn't her pot She's the best babysitter. Lay off for Amber.
Speaker 1: Now justice for Amber.
Speaker 2: Justice for Amber. I do love though that when you know, uh swim fan girl Erica Christianensen, which by the way, I guess she wasn't a swimmer and swim fan. We blew that. Thank you people for knowing and Joel go out to dinner. They bump into of course, of course they bump into the you know, what's her doozy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, Raquel, Oh my god, funny about I know you're gonna say it same. Our editor, Mark is friends in real life with Raquel.
Speaker 2: Why is he not texting her to come on our show?
Speaker 1: And I told her. I was like Mark, I do not like her.
Speaker 2: I like her, fine, whatever, But my favorite part is when look, mom, she has a tattoo. Everyone sees it.
Speaker 1: Mark, our editor told me that she is in real life a lovely human being.
Speaker 2: Obviously she's so cute and they were like an acting class together or comedy class or something.
Speaker 1: So cute.
Speaker 2: The storyline that I'm going to have a hard time talking.
Speaker 1: About the shower. The showers.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that word use so many times in an episode of television, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh God, oh God.
Speaker 2: And then everybody talking to him about it. It's like, oh God.
Speaker 1: You know, having a son makes me, but having a son watching this, it really really oh makes me send nervous for that time when that cos it was excessive, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did. See I almost puked.
Speaker 1: I Ope, I might puke when that happens. Like that is Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I just have your husband deal with it.
Speaker 1: He is gonna deal with it.
Speaker 2: When Zeke goes into the bathroom, First of all, I think z handled it better than Peter Kraus. Peter Krause, I was like, oh my god, no, Adam, no, no, no, Like, just have may Whitman deal with it. She was better. Yeah, the whole thing was classic, but also oh my gosh, but I love Zeke him in the bathroom. That was funny. The basketball game at the end, the thing that I love to this was such a great moment. First of all, Crosby's kid getting Jabbar's getting his finger stuck in the camp hilarious, but that Erica Christensen how much it meant to her that she got the call and that she had the even though she was the last call.
Speaker 1: She was the last call, which was the funny thing. And totally he talks to me, just yep.
Speaker 2: But she had the goo. She got it out. And then when he says, you're a really good mom, she's like, she is a good mom, by the way, Like she is a really good mom. I don't know why anyone think she might be the best of the moms.
Speaker 1: She just works, I know. And that's the thing, right, It's like, you know, she's she's a different type of mom, but she's an amazing mom, you know, and she tries really hard and it is, you know, a bummer that you know, she's not seen that way, but she really is. And I'm happy that she had the moment that moment this episode because she needed that.
Speaker 2: You know, we've never had any situation where Dak Shepherd says to Joy Bryant, why did you not tell me I have a kid? Finally, I'm happy that that Julia says, as the lawyer, hey, there's some legal things here we need to talk about, Like thank you Julia, how come Dax never said to Joy Bryant, WTF, Like why did you not tell me?
Speaker 1: I know, I think that is Crosby's demeanor, but I do agree with you. I'm like, where's the episode where he's like weird about it? Like from episode one he's like, oh cool, he should.
Speaker 2: Be a little bit mad, in my opinion, be mad what's going on? And now he's just sort of like this babysitter. And also I find it weird that every time she comes over, she's like, thank you so much. It's like, no, he's the dad. Let's work out some custody here. Something's this is weird.
Speaker 1: Amen, you're taking it so lightly.
Speaker 2: And also jabbar five years old, like okay, you're my dad now. Like it's just so I find you lost over the complexities of that a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with you on that. And also like, as a five year old, you have stranger danger. You don't just like willingly go with somebody for a full day, you know, like at all.
Speaker 2: Or just like sleep there, or like it's the whole thing's crazy. I don't know. Maybe we're supposed to assume there's things we aren't seeing, but like it was a little bit of a smooth transition for me on that storyline.
Speaker 1: I love it, but yeah, I agree. Lastly, the closing of the episode, which we already briefly talked about it were Hattie brings Steve her yo yo yo yo. Boyfriend Peter Kraza goes, what's up. It's so good because I think at that moment he realized, like, oh, my daughter's with it like a good dude.
Speaker 2: Totally, and I just love that beat with all the family. It's always sort of a music video montage. At the end of the episodes, I'm not mad about it, and the fans all looking and I thought that was great. I love it. The whole thing's great. Just love it. Love it, love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 1: I love it too. Great episode. This didn't have as many dramatic moments as the ones passed, but I needed this because it was light, it was fun, it was sweet, it was it was all the things. So I give it a nine to four.
Speaker 2: A nine to four a very interesting score. I'm gonna give it a nine. I'm gonna give it a nine. Okay, fair enough, What is your favorite storyline? Now? Who are your Okay, this is a question. I want to know, now that you're really getting to know the Braverman's, are you drawn to anyone in particular that you know different?
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what's weird is each week it just changes and changes and changes. And this week Adam slash Christina slash Hattie. So the parents in Hattie. I was super drawn to them this episode.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Who am I drawn to? You know? For some reason? Julia, I'm really I really like Joel and Julia, And like you know, I'm gonna say, Crosby, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Talk about them going on their date night and running into Raquel at the right.
Speaker 2: In fact, we did.
Speaker 1: We did, we did?
Speaker 2: You might there was two things. This is the second time in this episode when you said we didn't talk about it, when I did mention it. Maybe it's because I'm just so quick, but I did mention they bum to her. It's fine, let it go. Let it go. You have a lot of distractions around you.
Speaker 1: It's okay, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: What I said was that the couple they bring their kid on the date night, and then Julia is so mad because she's eating something that's just not kid food at all.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's okay.
Speaker 2: You're not expected to know everything just because your brain's not quite as sharp as my menopause brain. No, here's why. Here is why, because I'm actively working on memory things every day right now. Because I had a couple like I left the okay, I left the groceries in the car, so I had to throw out the milk in the eggs. I literally was so I had so much going on, in so much anxiety that I came in. My mom was here, I was going on a walk. I go on the walk. I come back and realized I've left the groceries in the car. I literally said to my mom, is lucky I don't have a child. Like, what else am I gonna leave in the car? My mom's car, in fact, says a note when she turns it off, don't forget what's in the car? Like the car does Tesla a Honda a Honda Passport. Now I don't know if it says oh no, it says check the back seat, check the back seat. I would love for my car to have that check the back seat, check the back seat. Next is uh. Then I went out to get the groceries, left the car door open, went back inside because I was gonna come back out to get my sneakers out of the car. Two hours later, I realized the car door was open, so I was like, get yourself together because there's too much in my brain. So now I'm doing a lot of meditation and some brain exercises.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, menopause brain.
Speaker 2: It's a real thing. But I think it's all I think what I have is clogged up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get that. I think we're all a little clogged up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's what's happening. So I don't even know if I actually have menopause brain. What I need to do is this. We're all gonna do it right now, everybody, everybody listening, because I know y'all listening are just like Danielle and me. You're just like us, just like us. Is that a show?
Speaker 1: This is us?
Speaker 2: No? I know, But is there also a show called just like Us? Anyway? That would have been a good title for a podcasts. Lift your shoulders up to your neck? Oh, Daniell's muted me while I'm doing our meditation this year talking to somebody. It's fine, Lift your shoulders up to your neck, lift them up to your ears and release and watch an episode of Parenthood. Okay, Danielle, you get to watch five shows this week. Can't be current, they have to be rewatches. What are your five?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is US?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Real Housewives in New Jersey. Oh my god, that's a lot. Hold on. I'm thinking I'm gonna throwing Lost because I oh wow, long time and I really liked Lost.
Speaker 2: Respect Mine's Ali McBeal. I've been wanting to rewatch Ali McBeal.
Speaker 1: Harry Potter, Harry Potter, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, Parenthood. I think I actually think I would continue with Parenthood. I've been really pleased with it. Desperate Housewives. I'm definitely wanting to go back and do Desperate Housewives again. Every time when I find out there's a reboot potentially coming, it always makes me go, oh, Handmaid's Tale. I want to go back, even though it's not that old.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw a Laguna Beach. That's my fifth.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, your taste is oh A Sex in the City, Thank you so much. Jackie had a great list. Jackie's was Friends, One Tree Hill, Emily in Paris, Sex and the City. Good, good job, Jackie.
Speaker 1: Emily in Paris is still on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can still so sex in the city just called the end us like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well and that's them, No, it's not. Braverman's out
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.