Speaker 1: The Black Fat Felm Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio and Doctor John Paul LLC. Hey, everyone, welcome to another episode of the Blackfat Film Podcast where all the intersections of identity are celebrated. I am your host, Doctor John Paul, and I'm not gonna even fuck with y'all. This like today normally got a whole little intro and a whole little situation the things.
Speaker 2: That I do.
Speaker 1: But we are here with the god father of podcasting, and I just I just like, what a moment. What I'm in the words of Whitney Houston, what a moment? What with this most pleasing to me? What is most pleasing to me? But how are you, doll?
Speaker 2: We're gonna jump in well, I mean, honestly, y'all same fam. What's good is Jourdan or Joe Hoo, your illustrious mistress co hostess. And this truly is a career highlight.
Speaker 3: Like I'm very very excited, Like I really cannot even I really like when you walked down and I was like, Okay, let me be like a nice, proper girl, correct nice person that yeah, yeah, really you just like like give it. I mean, as we go on, like I promise I'll be good. But I really am so and so gratefully here with us.
Speaker 2: But John, let them.
Speaker 1: Know who the fuck it is. Today, my God in heaven, we have the one and only Kid Fury with us on the Black Fat Film Podcast today. How are you, sis, I'm good, good good, Like the joy is just you're just radiating so much joy and it is just so I'm so so so so like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, here also named.
Speaker 1: Night Almond Joy. Do you just turn over and eat the almond.
Speaker 2: Joy just like it's just on your pillow?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I must also say this is also y'all. What's different this time is that John are.
Speaker 2: Are in the studio together. This is the first time we'll give them to the podcast in the studio together.
Speaker 3: Shout to memo cast being in the studio today, and they is our first in person guess we've had.
Speaker 4: To do recording with.
Speaker 2: So this is truly momentous all around. So thank you, thank you, thank you for me.
Speaker 1: My God, what a moment, a moment, what a moment. So we're going to kick off our show so every week for those who are new that listen to the show, for those who are watching for the first time, we kick off our show every week where we give our flowers to Tisha Campbell and our segment calls still here. I'm here, Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Queen is coming up and I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking we were hold up, Actually, you should do it.
Speaker 4: Do it. I haven't seen anyone do it.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't know it has that would be I think you should the black outfit.
Speaker 2: Listen with the.
Speaker 3: Okay dellow crop jacket.
Speaker 1: Please do it, do it?
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: Crazy say everything.
Speaker 3: I kind of One day she listens to this podcast and realizes that, like, we do this every week because we love her, right right, It's not this is not shade like we honestly like we love for like initially when we when we shop this show, like the music was supposed to be it would have been if we could have cleared it, and the rights would have been.
Speaker 1: The music to play at the beginning of this of this segment. So yes, we are definitely huge, and you know what, stranger things have happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, after this episode she hears it and she's like, no, I get the rights. Get the rights.
Speaker 1: Listen and I would cry. I literally would cry, right yeah, if you are listening, we would love the rights. But with that being said, we are going to jump into this segment and we are going to ask as we start, who are if you if you could name two comedians who helped kind of center your comedy e E, who would those comedians be? And then Joeho, I'll throw it to you and then I'll.
Speaker 4: Go, Okay. So I think it's actually great that we're talking about Tisha in the seriousness of how important she is because the two people I would name, one's Martin Lawrence Martin, you know, from the stage, like from stand up on the stage, transitioning into network television. I think he's just truly truly iconic on both levels and created things that have just transitioned from one generation to the next generation. And but the thing about Martin is, as a thirty six year old, like, it's just that everything about it encapsulates like my childhood at lessons for the style, the colors, the the way that we were as black people freer to just communicate as us on network TV was really gorgeous. But my favorite, favorite, favorite, favorite thing about that sitcom, especially when you compare it to a lot of other sitcoms led by stand up comics, Martin, every single performer stood out lead, supporting, recurring. Every single character on that show was a standout. Tisha Campbell to she and everyone was doing the work, yeah, to make that thing iconic and memorable for the ages. And the other person I would say is Evettlee Bowser. Yes, Living Single another iconic show that really gave you a lot of other shows like it, you know, namely a show called Friends, which then you know itself, I guess inspired to hold a bunch of other mediocre, mediocre white shows, but Living Single is another one. Again, from the communications of the style to the performances of every character, it is just such a powerful thing that to this day, both of those shows I still watch, I still crack and I'm still incredibly impressed by the work that everybody did on those shows, performing, writing, and.
Speaker 1: What I love about you sharing about Living Singles. So I never knew, actually until like maybe a couple of like maybe I would say months ago that I guess, uh, the Max Max's character was never supposed to be on the show, Like that was a whole Yeah, never supposed to. They didn't want Max on the show. And Lawyer, Yeah, and that's the reason why they have her quote unquote being the neighbor across the street is because they were trying to basically write her out of the show, and I actually fought for it and said, if you don't have Max, you don't have a show. So shout out to both you know, I go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: It was brilliant that she lived across the street but was still a central part of Yeah. Yeah usually just find some way for her to live in the building to or live upstairs, and it was iconic that she was as like accomplished and strong and outspoken that she was, but she was also the friend that was going to leave her house and always be in your house. Again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all have all have that person person.
Speaker 1: I always say, if I live closer to Joho, I would always be at her house eating that I would be mad. Yeah, I would be Max if I literally lived near you, vice versa, if you live closer than me, you would have When.
Speaker 4: They came in with some girl streets and Max Wicks, she just bust in the house and started went through. She got the oreoles and was like, y'all didn't get the double stuck, Like you didn't what you don't even even.
Speaker 1: I live, I live, What about you? Johoker.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I love I love your answer because your answers I feel like they wan like like they're rooted in like like a really historical context for like for black comedies. So I feel a little bit silly that, like like mine isn't it isn't as like thoughtful. But I really, I really, I really loved I really love Natasha Rothwell so so much like I think like her like like like her comedy, her writing, and I know she wouldn't listly. I know she would as as as a comedian like some who does stand up, but like her writing is so brilliant, So what's about her acting is amazing?
Speaker 2: Like she and buys the character so well.
Speaker 3: I like, as we discussed last episode, she has so much range, right, like going going from Kelly to to Melinda White Lotus to to Melissa.
Speaker 2: Uh and how did I alone? Like the range is amazing.
Speaker 3: I feel like I never feel like I never feel tired of watching her. And I mean like, and Kelly's a character I can watch number like I will often quote I quote Kelly often like in this.
Speaker 1: I did like walka it was it was cute. That's the word the one with yes yes but I don't like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because she's not.
Speaker 1: She was also in love Simon to Oh, yes, I forgot that there was there was one other movie that she was in where she was a pivotal part of the of the movie.
Speaker 2: I forget.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, I know I've seen again to your point at yes, like like there's no.
Speaker 3: Role and like in which she can't do. And I really just love the way she commits to the work. And also I think her, like again, let me to her writing.
Speaker 2: Her genius is really there.
Speaker 3: I also really love I don't have to say his last name, so I'm gonna say it's Jay Jorden, Jay Jardon.
Speaker 1: I take.
Speaker 2: It's like just his delivery is really good, like he I think, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't do a lot of comedians like that, but I think it's a livery is fantastic. I just did recently. I was like, Oh, this man is just like really funny and kept going into it. Feel like in a way that like really dances on the line of what's good or like what's not good to do, like, especially especially as a queer black person. So I really enjoy his stuff, and then I would definitely do like like I mentioned for Michelle Buteux, I think.
Speaker 2: She does.
Speaker 1: Like you think you said to.
Speaker 2: Like, I just can like everything she does.
Speaker 3: I'm like, girl, what how do you think of this? And yes, I want I want a new special, I want the thickest like I just I live from listen to this girl, please watch Yes.
Speaker 1: And if you have not read her book, I her book is fantastic. Her book is absolutely fantastic. I will say chapters I think is chapter three and chapter five for me is like it's just it's really interesting to see someone be able to kind of take themselves out of the industry and kind of give that roundabout look of like what she's going through in the industry, and also like still infuse her life into it. I don't know, she just has a way with words, but I that woman is everything to me. Like I've met her maybe once or twice, and she's always been so she's one of the people in the industry like yourself, where her name supersedes her like when you mentioned her name, people have always said that she's a great person.
Speaker 2: Everything's okay, And.
Speaker 1: She's friends with Francesca friends of the show, so that's awesome. Francesca Ramsey you know that.
Speaker 4: Is let me tell you something, flowers. Yes, we're giving them.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, come on, black excellence just.
Speaker 4: I mean, talented in so many ways, Barry that stand up comedy, comedy, writing, singing, like, she's so incredibly well rounded and informed and has the most gorgeous spiritual.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, yes, yeah, when you walk into a room you immediately feel it human. Such a great person.
Speaker 4: She's a great person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, Like more people should be like her, like genuinely, and I say that from the heart of hearts. Like and if you also like light plug, if you have not gotten her wallpaper, what are you doing like her wallpaper and all of the stuff that she just releases, absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 4: Each of these people, yes say this in a complimentary way. They're freaks. Is a freak like they just like, I'm like, what can you not do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: M h yeah, that makes a lot of sense speaking of women that that I adorse. So I will always say so, I'm probably gonna get canceled for my two, but I get canceled on this show all the time. I get trouble for everything I say, child, so don't matter. Yeah, so I get trouble for everything. So number one woman who could just make me laugh from just just being herself. Lunel will always be top tier, my favorite want me to watch, whether it be in front of a mic, whether it be a special, whether it be a show I.
Speaker 4: Just want to go to.
Speaker 1: I know it's fun. I know it's the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, you need to make me want to be watching her head.
Speaker 1: I know it's I know it's good. I know it's good. So Lunell always I So I got a chance to see her during the Netflix is a joke and her her whole entire set problematic a f but it was good. I'm gonna give that lady her flowers because that woman is fun me. And then second to that may he may he rest well, you know what. So two of the people that I name, they're no longer with us, but I feel like their spirit. If you really get to know me, and you know me, you'll go, okay, I see it. Bernie Mack and Paul Mooney are very much my other two. If you really get to know me, you know, the word nigga is my favorite word literally everything to me, Like there's not like the Bernie mac show. Genius writing in terms of the sitcom Paul Mooney, like him being able to take social justice issues and being able to make them funny but also so raw and thought provoking enough to where even you, as a black person, he was like, Oh, I never thought about that, Like that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I loved them Paul Mooney, whether it was through his own work and or you know, building with Richard pryor, Yeah, yeah, Paul Mooney did this beautiful thing where he would say the thing in this crowd of white faces and make them eat it. Oh yeah, they would just have to eat it, and they would just have to eat it, but also laugh because the ship.
Speaker 1: Was funny, funny, but he was essentially.
Speaker 4: Reading reading everybody. He was saying the thing, and he said it a little bit of sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I loves yeah, Paul Mooney.
Speaker 1: What May he Rest in peace forever is just the quintessential what I believe, Like, if you are wanting to do comedy, and we're gonna get into that in a second, but if you want to do comedy, like those are the folks that you really should start to study and really look into and start thinking about, like how do you frame your comedy? Like Paul Mooney Bernie mac lunell, anybody and everybody, I mean even Queen Latifa to an extent, right like coming back to like Living Single, her her comedic timing, like study all.
Speaker 4: Of the intense one of Erica. Alexander posted a clip from Living Single the other day and it was like it was when Max and Kyle like kind of just started to date and he came up there and asked her out on a date after she just talked all his kind of shit about him, and he like pulled her shoe out that she left at the house and slammed it on like the side of the roof or whatever. Yeah, everyone's reaction was a little different, Yeah, but Cadizha just was.
Speaker 1: Like you can see them wanting to break, yes, all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh god, what a moment. I would like, I really genuinely wish we could go back to that time in history of like TV and film because okay, we can studying.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So I feel like y'all can go on with this, and I really really want that for both y'all, but we do have to take a quick break. So while y'all throw tomatoes at John for their last choices, we will take one one Little Quickie will be back with more with the pog God themselves Kid Fury more than.
Speaker 2: A sec.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all. So for today's category is we are sitting down with the pod God and we are talking about, uh, this idea of how do we take what's going on in the world and utilize that as content? And so in this segment that we're calling laugh at My Pain, we want to talk about Kid Fury, and we want to talk about their comedy and even talking about the tour that they have coming up. So before we get into the tour and before we dive in, and we really started talking about kind of what inspired you to go on this this what I'm calling, well, or at least what I'm manifesting, is a war a world tour. I wanted to ask you, like, how did you find all the stuff that was going on around you funny? Because I'm sure a lot of it was heavy and a lot of it probably impacted you in different ways, and so how did you kind of, you know, just being really being transparent, like, how did you pull yourself out of that moment where you're looking around and you're going, ain't shit funny? But now I'm gonna still find a reason to make y'all laugh about it.
Speaker 4: It was a good question. I think that by the time I decided to turn the experience of my suicide attempt last year into a stand up show, I was kind of already laughing at it. But by that point, you know, I had been in the hospital, I'd been in you know, this post hospital program. I've been you know, and constant as I still am constant communication with my psychiatrist and my mom and stuff. So I was kind of already in the process of healing by the time I started writing so it. I don't know. I think just addressing the issue had on and committing to recovery, as scary as it was, was kind of what set the foundation for me to be able to laugh at it and joke at about it. But like, my humor is already so self deprecating in everything, so I never really had a problem telling the story or making a joke about it. I figured I would. But yeah, once I kind of started to feel grounded again after the experience, and you know, like I was coming out of the dark. If you will, I feel you, yeah, I feel that, like, Okay, well, what's my assignment and what do I make out of it? And that's how it's.
Speaker 1: I know, that's right. Yeah, I asked.
Speaker 3: The answer is really meaningful one for me on a personal level because when I was younger, I went through I then through a societem as well too, And I like when I tell a story about it to me, it's funny and people are like, that's right.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she's just sure.
Speaker 3: But like also like I fucking like broke my clauset doing it like it's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm almost fun than me. She's a girl, right, but it's funny.
Speaker 3: But I and so that I have a questions I was gonna be ask you about about your career process. You do want to ask you, but I also want me I'd like, you know, they got part two of it, So one I would love to hear more about, like your career process with me the tour, like you know, what was it she make make a material who helped you along?
Speaker 2: Helped you along the way, But also what.
Speaker 3: About the tour like like might actually also be part of the like recovery and healing process.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really good question. I think everyone's process in writing comedy for the stage is different. I think I was fortunate here as opposed to when I was touring stand up before, because this was so much about history and an experience that I kind of just ran through what happened and found the funny in the moments. And there was a lot of it because this took place at Coachella, so like wow, okay, like of course, if you'll watched the video, the faces making yeah yes, yeah, I mean so there was a lot to say, not even just about that because for me and I think this is just the way that my mind works, there was a lot of zooming out that took place in the actual career, a process and asking myself, well, why did we act, why did we react this way? Why did we feel this thing? Why did we wear that? You know? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Make it makes sense girl? Yeah, yeah, it makes sense girl, right.
Speaker 4: And so I think like mucking around and all of that was what helped me kind of carve the story out itself. And then the healing part of it, I think is just I always use this word like incessantly assignment. I feel like people in my life are probably tired of like I do feel a sort of spiritual assignment to communication, and I felt like, I don't know immediately, once I got the strength to start writing or just feel like I could laugh about it, I was like, Okay, this is meant for me to share with others because I don't have a problem laughing about it. I know of a problem making fun of myself in this situation, but I think that for many other people who are going through the same thing, and many people, many people don't get as far as I might ask.
Speaker 1: But there yeah, or are just pestered by the ideation constantly.
Speaker 4: And so I was like, well, I'm gonna just be the fool that I am, the natural dymass that I am, and make fun of my situation, be honest about it, and hopefully it can connect with other people who can see what like, all right, this thing happened to him and he's able to joke about it. I don't really know what fun I think that is the healing part of it for me, and the people who have graciously seen it so far said like, all this really meant a lot to me. I'm going through something very similar.
Speaker 2: I also think it provides a really different different.
Speaker 3: Like like like narrative in the story that people tell, like like about about folks who attend self harm and survive self harm, because stories we tell is like then that person is like the person is like is like plugged by it, and they're like like and they're like they're like they're forever said never joyful again, which is like like so untrue and so and so I imagine for folks as as maybe for them if it's jarring for them that that you're that you're making it, you're building, you built a combat tour around it. It's also like like this actually could also be allowed to so you don't have to you don't have to live in that pain.
Speaker 2: You you can do something different about that and make it something else. And that's really really incredible. So thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I and I was gonna say to your point, I think one of the things I I even in my own like you know, going through it and going back, sometimes people will act about my own attempts when I was younger, and you know, even up to I was even saying like, up till a couple of years ago, I was still in the mind of like I don't know if I'm supposed to be here but I think that they're you know, to that word assignment. I think that's something that we all kind of battle with because the whole purpose, I guess, of our life is asking the question of like why am I here? Yeah, when am I here what I've been called to do? Why am I supposed to do it? And I even think about, you know, the little moments and me and Joho know this, like where folks will reach out to us and we'll say, you know, your show did this or you said this on the show and it helped. And so I'm I'm imagining that there's someone who goes to your show their heart is heavy, right, and they're feeling like everything is you know, what's going on around them, and then you give them that ability to just kind of say, actually, it's it's you know, it's bad, but it's not all bad, right, And I think that that, for me, is what's so beautiful about you, you utilizing your platform that you have to remind people of that. And so I was gonna ask, like, how did you get to the title life is Better? How did you land on that being kind of the soul topic of your show? Because you could have went with it anywhere right, and really thinking about like how how does that tie into your life being better?
Speaker 4: Now? So the show was initially when I first wrote it and performed it, I called it sometimes Dead is Better.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, dark Okay, Now why this used to be a part.
Speaker 4: I used to explain this in the show when I started touring it, and obviously the name was differently A few people, I guess did it the title. So I say that when I would say that to the show, a lot of people would be like, oh, girls, I'm like, I thought this ship was funny, but I oh she Like a lot of my followers are not big horror fans. Yeah, pet Cemetery, Okay, it's a very classic like the line of the book and film is sometimes dead is Better. When talking about this, for naturally, I remember that brings people to lie. I remember that, and so I think that like that was the name of it because I was making fun of my mindset at the time, also like paying homage to this, and people were also in the throws. I've just been out of the hospital. I was feeling, you know, better than I do where I went in the hospital. But again to the point of like assignment and purpose and like why am I here? Why did I survive the attempt? Blah blah blah. It was different than when I, you know, went back and punched up jokes and lived more. And the reason I think that I changed it to life is Better. First of all, keep in mind, I met Beyonce between those titles.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, right, so yeah, yeah, life is better? Yea and we and we so before you even walked in here, let's let's let's let's put a pause there, like we were like, how do we ask that question without it coming across as if the whole interview is just about you meeting Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Because it's not, because it's not.
Speaker 1: This is really about in all, sup right, But like.
Speaker 4: We have like we like we have to like no way to act like journalistically, like you have to ask it's gonna be like so it doesn't make sense to not like how do you not? But also like yes, it is an import but if you want to share, yes, you bets in between, right, we get in between these titles, and I still would to get to life is better?
Speaker 1: But how did it meeting Beyonce make your life better?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why. First of all, I met Beyonce like what.
Speaker 2: We're going to say.
Speaker 4: You can't say yeah full side, you have to keep mind. Krystal and I were asked to be a part of an ad for one of her latest business ventures, and then we were asked to come to an event that she was at, and then we were asked to come into a private room and meet her. Based off of and I feel like, I like, I'm not gonna cry, but like I feel emotion now I'm just talking about it, based off of me being this quirky, loudmouth queer Jamaican American you know, former bullied you know now I'll beat your ass type of whoever, yes, give it, give it, yeah, kid who just moved to New York and was like, friend, will you do this thing with me when we're talking shit? And it it allowed me an opportunity to communicate someone who I don't just admire as a pop star, but I admire. I say this all the time. I admire her work at the saying I admire how much she I admire how much she means am I okay, let me reword this. I admire how much she knows how much she means to you know what I mean that I've always always admired her, and so I think that it was just like I was so emotional about that because I was like nigga people, And I think I said this on the podcast, people like y'all and everybody else who have been a part of this journey for us, with us for over a decade, crowd surfed us into this room to meet this lady. Yeah, And so that, I say is a part of it because it was a reminder that I'm not just my mama's baby and my daddy's baby, which I've also been able to buy virtue of being myself experienced things that people would only dream of experiencing. That along with things like my best friend having her first child and being able to see him grow month by month by month, you know what I mean, little time things like building bonds with my siblings, all of these things. I'm like, I don't know what's on the other side of right right right, right, right, right right, But I think I prefer the fact that I'm here getting to experience these little things. Even though life still ain't ship and it's still.
Speaker 1: Oh honey, let's talk about.
Speaker 4: It, plagued with constant nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like me having to pay twenty dollars to park across the street. I'm still pissed off about it. Yeah, I'm still pissed, but it is what it is. But yes, to your point, I feel you.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: I understand, guess is six ninety nine a gallon out here?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot going on, And so I'm just like screaming. That's the thing about life is better to me is that it's not. I don't find the show to be necessarily optimistic right right right experience, And personally, I'm.
Speaker 1: Glad I'm not dead, No, and I'm i I you know, I'm really trying to save We're gonna get to it in a minute later down in the show, but I'm trying to save it, and I'm just I'm glad. I am glad. I want to say this, like and all of the funny of this. I am glad you're still here because I don't think you would know. And I'll share with you later of how you inspired me, but I would have never gotten to tell you how much you've inspired me and the show and a lot of the stuff I do. And and also on top of that, I don't think I would have been able to know people that I know that know and are very close and connected to you, like my friendship with Chris and Nick, Xavier Delo, my friendship with Jade, like my friendship with with quite a few people who are in your circle. I just I'm grateful that you're still here to inspire all of us to do what we do. So yeah, I just want to say.
Speaker 3: That, you know, in the in the same vein that you said you appreciate that Beyonce knows what she means to people, I really do hope that you know what you mean to people as well too.
Speaker 4: That's the thing that's coming off of this. I mean, I've always really really appreciated people paying any kind of attention to anything, from whatever number of people it is, and I think that's also been a huge part of what's giving me anxiety.
Speaker 2: Be perfect.
Speaker 4: And like now I've learned to accept that I'm enough in who I am give myself a break. And I also am like accepting that my voice matters yea, and people appreciate it. And that's a one of a lifetime kind of thing. And it's such a freakish bless it is.
Speaker 3: It's it's a super it's a heavy thing to carry, like when someone tells you that, like and I want to like acknowledge, like I know it's heavy and I and so like when I say that, I hope you know how much mean to others.
Speaker 2: I like, I don't want to say it to frighten you, because I know it's because.
Speaker 3: Beautiful and like interally like you like you but both you and Crystal and and like and the re itself like those are you know, three individual things that means so much to too many people and to people who are right here you really it's so special and I think you know, so that comes to mind because like like as you you know, as you're as you as you're shaying something of like the the idea that as young black queer people or do you guys people on society anyways, we're also this idea that like like like they all gets better with age, but no one and like you know, like yes, like time time he knows everything I wasnt says, but like but there but there isn't as focused. There isn't smucial focus as like like life gets better like also when you make it so and having the tools to make it so, and no one talks about like what we have to endure and endure to to do it, Like like life, life gets better, but you also have to fight for it to get better, and to fight to fight for yourself.
Speaker 2: You got you got, you gotta fight for others.
Speaker 3: Which is why I think the of life the title life is better is so is so beautiful because it's also like a like it's like, uh, it sounds like a declaration and it sounds like a decoration, and it also sounds like a promise that you're like that, and and maybe I'm.
Speaker 2: Going way too deep in it. I feel like, thank you.
Speaker 3: It's you know, it's it's it sounds like a promise that you're making yourself of like life is better and I'm making it so and so.
Speaker 1: And you're telling other people that that's possible. I think that's the get. And that's the thing I'll even say like sometimes like to your point about it has to be perfect, I'm that so so joho, if you if you learn anything about us, Joe's very is good. Let's go with the flow. Everything is great, and I'm the girl. Numbers mean things like we gotta look at the money and I'm the very business acumen of the Black Fatfem podcast. Wow, she's very much kind of the everything's gonna work the way it's supposed to, Everything's gonna be good. And so I feel that more than you ever know. But I definitely think like you're giving people the space and the place to be able to say like shit is and and a kitchen. People look at us and think that everything is gravy, and I'm like, girl, if you only knew half of the shit we've had to go through to get to this spot, right. But I say all of that to say, like leaving here for me, it's like I'm gonna be driving home going like wow, like like thinking about where I was maybe five or six years ago to this point where I'm interviewing the person who literally helped like inspired me to put my deck together, Like that's that's crazy, Like that's crazy. But it goes to show that, yes, life does get better, Like it really does get better.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like I'll be honest because like life does get better.
Speaker 1: I should say life is yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: No, I'm like, because we always heard it gets.
Speaker 1: It gets better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then it's worked sometimes and it gets better. Like life is a roller coaster, it is peaks and like I literally tell my Thpade sometimes I'm in a valley right now or whatever, you know.
Speaker 5: Not me being a San Fernando right right, nothing me down to San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 1: It's like a lot rough over here.
Speaker 4: I'm like visiting that life just has potential, right, life just has never ending potential. Is beautifully unpredictable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I So I guess the kind of you know, we're kind of winding down on this segment and then we're gonna we're gonna move into kind of another segment where we talk about healing a little bit more. But I do want to ask, you know, thinking about like you and and you know and Crystal and the show and all of that, I think sometimes many of us who are now and I'm I'm I'm positing us as public figures because I got niggas running up to me on the street like it's it's it's it blows my mind at moments. But people see us, right, And so when you are, I'm sure the same thing for you. You're just trying to live your life and hey, gets here, you're like girl, I'm just trying to get some coffee. They're they're you know, being being deemed a public figure and then oftentimes having people in the industry say you're too emotional or that you're loose cannon because you're talking very openly about your experience. Can I ask how being public about your mental health has helped your life get better? M M.
Speaker 4: I think that it's just one of those things where, hmm, I don't know how to word is. Again, I have a bit of a self deprecating sense of humor sometimes, and I think that it's a way for me to just kind of find fun in my imperfection. Yeah, And I just I get, you know, my mental health is an imperfection. You know. It's not you know, my decision or choice for my mind to work the way that it is. But it's the way that it is, yea. And all that I can do is find the best ways to manage it. And so I think it's just helpful because it's been a way for me to almost like, I guess think of it as almost like coming out. It's almost a way for you to just be like, yeah, and I'm crazy. It's a way for me to just wear it and just rather than you know, sweeping it on a rug or putting in a closet and been attributing like shame or embarrassment or something.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's a thing.
Speaker 4: And I once I accepted that, you know, it's normal, and many, many, many people are experiencing it to varying degrees. Yeah, it was easier for me to.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. And shout out to our effects her and our Vallefaxine baddies and all the girls who are on the blue peels and on the white PILs and on the pills general girl. Yes, yes, yes, come on now, yes, yes, so shout out to daddy. Yes, yes, shut out. I couldn't do sol spiked my blood pressure, but we are right now.
Speaker 2: It's all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess the the final question that I want to ask, and you know, I want to ask a little bit of maybe advice you give to to folks, to our listeners, you know, for anyone who was thinking about using comedy as as a vehicle for their healing, what might you what might be able to offer in terms of how how do they how how could they what? You know, maybe maybe by some challenges you face in doing so, how can they learn and grow? How can they find how can they like maybe find like find their killing And I want to I want to feel like I'm not actually some people problems. I know you're not therapist, don't like know my issues, but like you know, like like what worked.
Speaker 1: For you, like I.
Speaker 4: Mean from like a performance standpoint, really and in general, I think comedy using comedy to heal. I I suppose I would say look for the truth first, because the truth is the funniest thing. And I guess like the more like authentic and honest and vulnerable you can be about life experiences in general, yours everywhere around you, I think, the easier it is for you to kind of find the like the question of I think, like we were saying before, like well why is this and where is this? And how is it? You know, and then you know begin to laugh from there. If it's like uh, if it's from a performance standpoint, like you wanted to write or perform something, then I would say just write, you know, start whether like definitely start with a journal if you're not already doing it, because that's just great like daily writing tool anyway, but it's a good way to just regularly, inhibitually get thoughts out, and then you can go back and analyze those things. But I would just start like writing about the thing that made you, Like if you when the next time that you crack up with some shit, or if you laugh at yourself or you just have a funny thought, write it down and then answer why that was funny or ass of why it made you laugh, and then start, you know, unpacking from there. Or you could just literally be like, I know that I'm going through my third breakup with the same nigga, and I know that this story is crazy. You could just start for.
Speaker 1: The right y'all know you're not gonna believe it, but it is what it is, right right right, right right right.
Speaker 4: That's just kind of just yeah, finding the truth of it from there.
Speaker 1: Yes, And to your point, kid, I think one of the things I also I've been doing a lot more even just this year, is and what I hear you also kind of undertoning is this idea of giving yourself the authority to laugh. I think everybody, especially now in the world that we live in, like everyone's so serious about everything. It's like, you know, politics and rights, and it's like okay, yes, like, yes, we can, we can do those things. But also, shit is funny and I'm a laugh That's the one thing about me I'm gonna do my husband. At the end of the day. Some nights, I'll just be laying on the couch reels, reeling it up, and something will hit me and it's funny as fuck to me and I just laugh. And you know, why are you laughing? What are you laughing about? I'm laughing because it's funny, and I feel like I have the right to laugh. So I think that that's the thing, like we can't so many of us are, especially folks who are chronically on the internet. We are taking so much of what we what we're seeing, and and it's becoming who we are. And I think, to an extent some of us are are losing our joy. And I think that you're what you're what you're inherently doing with your tour and what your work is, You're you're reclaiming that, like you're reclaiming so much of your joy.
Speaker 4: Our morals don't have to be performance. Yeah, sometimes we can just have a good time. There is so much that is not in our control that the one thing you can do is be like, well that wig is about to fly off Trump set and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that's real. That's real, all right, So you know what a moment that is most pleasing to me in my career. But you know, you know what this this has been such a just a pleasing moment, But you know what it's not pleasing to me is paying bills. But we have to do that around here to keep these lights on. So with that being said, we are going to take a quick moment for us to pay some bills and then when we come back, we're gonna come back with our What I like to say is my favorite segment of the show. How you Helen will be back in a.
Speaker 3: Second, and we are black as hu ya we've done this, Segie. I'm when I first start off with asking.
Speaker 2: Y'all, what's something that you used to robbing your parents about?
Speaker 3: But now as an adult, like you get it. For me, it's being tired, like as it can I be on my parents, ask about being tired that you try to drive, to try to cook, to try to go up to the.
Speaker 1: City, like yeah, And I was like what, like what like what are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Like y'all just work. It's not that deep. What mean so tired? Oh my god, When I sit back and think.
Speaker 3: These busses less bluss These two people, they had to wake up like five am. Man shower themselves. We had one shower. Shower themselves, then shower me. Get my bad ass up, get my annoying ass up, Take my ass of school, even though I'm sorry, go back, get me fed, make sure we're all fed.
Speaker 2: Ten masks, Yes, tay, my ass of school. Wan went about school.
Speaker 3: Drive across the fucking bridge over the bay to get to work because they both wear across the bay, be in an hour traffic. Then work all day, get probably me being a bad ass ket at my school, then leave work, come back and get my bad ass, pick me up, then take me home, then feed me again.
Speaker 2: Just to wahi bitch, I'd.
Speaker 1: Be tired as fu too.
Speaker 3: Now I'm like, Oh, I get it now, I understand like I as a working girl who does way too much all the time.
Speaker 2: I gets it.
Speaker 3: I I too am too tired to get out to change clothes, too tired to you the house, too tired to get in the car.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: That's why, That's why I don't everything. That's why I'm a privileged bitch.
Speaker 2: These days.
Speaker 3: I will definitely do it in the car and then listen, that's just what's going to be. I will do a lial hole this.
Speaker 4: Livery like, let me tell you something. Light a candle.
Speaker 2: I know she has to see me coming my case to see me when I'm like.
Speaker 4: This evening, think.
Speaker 3: I'm going to nowhere. When my roommate saying, you do shopping? I said, but why do you want to go shopping? We can just be home and I can just order it right, And it's like she and like I get where she's coming from.
Speaker 2: She's like, but what She's like, don't you want to pick out your own meat?
Speaker 1: No? I trust me out.
Speaker 4: I want a pound.
Speaker 1: To give me a pound.
Speaker 2: I don't think that is that I don't want to go. I don't want the urge.
Speaker 3: Tonot go is more than I will pay to my meat and pick my meat for me.
Speaker 4: Thinks I go through gries when I am in a good movie, like okay, I have a lucky clicking my heels and maybe God's good.
Speaker 3: We praise them every day, Hey, I do, like that's when I go shopping as well.
Speaker 2: I can't about you, kid? How about you?
Speaker 4: Mine is really simple and it's just why is this light on?
Speaker 2: Like oh my god, saying no the way and I like that, no one's using.
Speaker 1: Nobody's downstairs. Why is the light on the middle?
Speaker 2: I'm done?
Speaker 4: My father, you s to be Yeah. It was lifestyle that didn't need to be came out to the point where if I was like I was the last kick kid. So like sometimes I would be at home and maybe my father came home the key to the north and we Jamaican, So you know, I got that you saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the lights of yeah, all the light turned the lights.
Speaker 4: Off, and not like as an you know, adult now, I'm just like I live alone. Sometimes I will like leave the light on in the kitchen or whatever and come back. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Yeah? So, so many of you have listened to the show for years and know that I grew up. So I grew up. My family lives in Compton, but my mom moved to San Bernardino, which is about forty five to fifty minutes without traffic, but when there is traffic, it's about a two hour drive. And so for me growing up, I used to always ragle my mom when she didn't want to take me to La to see my cousins. It was always like, ooh, Mom, why can't we go to Compton? Why couldn't we Why can't we go to Washston see so and so? Like why can't we hang out with Rene this weekend? My mom was like, I'm not driving out there. I'm not doing that now as a thirty nine year old with a hybrid vehicle. I literally, what was I texting you before I got here?
Speaker 5: Nigga, It's gonna take me an hour and thirty five minutes to get here.
Speaker 2: Well, I may not make it, Like I may not make it.
Speaker 1: Because we were supposed to go get food before this, and I was like, bitch, I'm not gonna make it because that traffic. And so, you know, God bless my mom, and we know we speak your name. Mom.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: I always talk about how much I used to be so mean to my mom about her not wanting to drive when I was young, But now as somebody who has to drive into this city and drive out that for me as an adult is the thing that, oh, it burns my biscuits. I cannot stand driving in the four four or five, the ten, the one on one to the one thirty eight, fuck it all, I would. I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 4: Home relations write a note to yourself and I be like eight year old kid, fury, what the fuck is your problem?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 4: Do yes? Nobody is taking you to Burger King right after school today. You don't have burger King money. I don't have no damn job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, damn guys to get there, no gas.
Speaker 4: You don't even appreciate that it's Monday and your mama just went grocery shopping.
Speaker 1: It's food at the house.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, you're not getting no damn quarter pound, not getting tender.
Speaker 1: Shut your ass in that seat. Yes, there it is there, it is. I feel that more and more than and I even be doing that to myself when I'm driving sometimes I'm like, bitch, you really don't have it to sit this drive through? Why are you just go home and eat? Just go home and eat? You just with grocery show, just share all the time.
Speaker 3: Listen, so my my, the way I do it for myself is shopping time.
Speaker 4: All bitch.
Speaker 2: Yes, I shot for an hour and a half in this remarket.
Speaker 3: Girl, I'm going I'm going to buy I'm going to buy myself there now, thank you for I know that's that it really is. Isn't a job that I and I got paid for it?
Speaker 1: And then now I got stairs, so I gotta carry all the bags up the stairs. And I'm not I'm not to make one time at all, and I will. That's why break I have to. So let's talk about why I was late today. I left my ring on the third floor. It was on the first floor in a meeting because my office is on the first floor, and literally stood there for like a minute. It was like, I'm gonna be late, but I gotta go up there. It was so mad at myself. But that's also an adult thing for me, like.
Speaker 4: I remember used to like literally on the way here, like in the lobby, walking out the double doors, looking down, I left my phone up stairs. Yep, yep, that literally an hour literally today.
Speaker 1: That'll do it every time, every time, That'll do.
Speaker 3: It, scream, but before before you have to give just because you didn't have the light and made me think about like my dad, because that man his door, like my parents been closed and the light and the kitchen could be one and in my in my house growing up, the kitchen was so far from the bedroom, but he would just know that it was on.
Speaker 2: He was like, jermalis I last so long? Right down he was in the kitchen light, and I'm like, what the fuck you know that?
Speaker 3: He would say he could see the slightest, the slightest slimmer from from the on the door, And as an adult, relates so hard because when I'm in my bedroom of my doors closed and I see that fucking little yellow can see, like why just on?
Speaker 2: I guess so mad, And I'm like, I've become my father.
Speaker 3: I've become my father. Yeah, yeah, really, you don't have to expect you like, damn, you.
Speaker 1: Do become your parents, because my mom used to be the one. Why are you letting all my good air out? And I was at work the other day and there was so people know I work for a nonprofit, and there was a youth who had come in and left the front door open, And the first thing I said is, baby, can you close that door because you're letting the good air out? This is too hot.
Speaker 2: It is hauling ass right now? Do you not sucking up play with me? Don't do it?
Speaker 1: You messing up the temperature here? Yeah, close that door.
Speaker 3: Okay, before we all morveh into our parents, y'all, we go take one more break and also for me to find to find my bivocals again real quick.
Speaker 2: I hate you.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all. So we are going to get into our last segment, which y'all know, y'all, love is our yes ma'am and our no man pam. And so this week, instead of me actually getting We're gonna ask kid Theory first what their yes ma'm's and there no man PAMs are and then I'll throw it to Joho and then I'll go last. So what are your yes ma'ms and your no mams for this No man PAMs for this week?
Speaker 4: Just anything.
Speaker 1: It could be anything.
Speaker 2: Girls and tomatoes, yes, okay, so my.
Speaker 4: Yes ma'ams for this week in honor of it be at the moment of recording is early October. Yes, it's spooky season girl, Yes, and I'm really enjoying two new shows Agatha all.
Speaker 1: Along, okay, please give it, give it.
Speaker 4: And a similar witchy show but a lot more black and brown. It is called Domino Day.
Speaker 1: Never heard.
Speaker 4: It was just a random suggestion to me on Prime Video one day. It is a black witch who is without a coven. It's up to Shenanigans and another coven. Uh that just that kind of thing today. Yes, I'm obsessed. And then no, ma'am Pam hmmm, oh you know what, this seems really silly. There's a this is dumb. There's a smile to the okay, horror smile too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw the promo coming down here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one I had the idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's Jack nichols son. Yeah, it's a son.
Speaker 4: His The smile to billboard with his face is incredibly visible outside of my apartment window. So sometimes I'll just be like, you know, crack of dawn, I'm going to go, you know, make some yeah, Jack Nicholas, and he looks just like it. Yeah, ye, this big creepy smile. I'll be forgetting the goddamn his picture that. I'm like, okay, when the movie come out, get this down, anything else, pick something else, breakfastitivity something else.
Speaker 1: But yes, I definitely coming down. I don't know, I forget. I think it was Hollywood Boulevard. I was coming down Hollywood and I saw the big sign and I was like, oh okay, so yes, I definitely feel it. What about you?
Speaker 3: This I'll just say literally, I think across the streams from the studio. Yeah, I was like, oh small too, Yeah, I know there's a one and I was like, oh interesting.
Speaker 2: I was like, is it okay?
Speaker 4: Ahead it was.
Speaker 2: It was just because I also I'm also a horror girl, so I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: I think all three of us are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, episode I lived, that little Demon the Little de Watch episode, Hey, that little demon bird thing. Come on, that was a lot this, this is a lot of Disney will. They really said, let's see what happened. Okay, So my yes, ma'am, I guess it was gonna be too. Went out to like my best friend since childhood, since pre k. She said, give him, yes, ma'am, because I hope, I hope he hears this. He loves the show. He's been a fan since Stayble. So he's one that actually got me in to listen to the read when I so, I I I'm originally from the Bay and I when when we moved back here, move down here and drive back up a lot and like fist six years ago, I had called him me he was and I was doing He's like, I'm gonna listen to.
Speaker 2: The read and I was side. He is like, hang up on me and listen listen to the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, and the way the way I saved every road trip for me because because like that was to listen to go and like and so Jason, if you listen to this my guy, Yes, mam to you, because you got me, You got me into the show, which like which really got me into doing the podcast. We want to want to like listen to podcasts and be on pockets and do podcasts.
Speaker 2: Supposed to go a moment.
Speaker 3: I know he is going to scream when he hears this and when he hears your voice, and we've kept this real low, kept like what the like, it's yeah, he's he's going to probably like actually like himself. Yes to your friend, thank you, thank you, thank you for becoming the show, thank you for me you're here. Also also thank you being he has been a he has been a b FF evangelist goes yeah.
Speaker 2: Up up in the bay. He's like, have y'all heard BFF.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna to him my no, man, Pam, it's gonna be to CNN right now because they because they just launched their paywall.
Speaker 2: Which I was like, it's like and I I understand.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me back up CEN for a lot of reasons right now, like CNN and the coverage for a lot of reasons. But at least I can read the coverage for free and now I got paid for it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, it's a bullshit, Like and I understand.
Speaker 3: I understand the reason that journalism and for the field that it's constantly shifting financially, So I get why they want to do a paywall, but like I've also been dependent on not having to pay wall with that, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just every every article like now is behind a paywall, and I'm like I can't read one thing like how long what happens to stay with this or like and I mean now now now now, like now I can't be on y'all because I can't really can't reach rigmatic.
Speaker 3: Like so just knowing him to that and like again, y'all, I do understand why. I mean, part of me is like we've send money on like all these other things that you can now use to me money on, but you can be saving it for the journalists. But okay, also like you can you can get other biliti the government that they're not giving you but okay, like especially the other reason that you can do besides making us pay for it, casualism, as you said before, seeing in yourself should be should be, like should be accessible.
Speaker 2: At all, and here you are making accessible. But who am I besides just a bit she reads the damn.
Speaker 1: Paper, I guess, right, yeah yeah, So okay, so we're now of mine talking about yes ma'am. So I wrote this with a lot of intention. I genuinely wanted to say this week kid theory that you are my yes ma'am. And I wanted to say too, like I'm so happy that I'm in a place now. So in like I think it was two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, I remember being in my dorm room and I remember watching your videos and I remember seeing you, you know, just you're doing the stuff you were doing, and I was like, ooh, one day I want to I want to be a you know, a blogger, you know. And it was and again that's such a cringey term now, right, but you you I think even in that moment, it was like you were helping me understand that I had something to say and even though I didn't know how to say it, it was still like you were the blueprint for me to be able to go out and say, maybe one day I could have a you know, have my own show, or maybe one day I got my own YouTube channel. I even started my own YouTube channel at one point. Like there are all these things and so like as much as like you know we talked about earlier in the show, you talking about you know, this idea of life is better and you know, the whole life gets better and all of these other pieces, right, I think it is I'm so grateful for and I don't even just say kid Fear. I say for the kid Furies who are like you, you know that that give us the space to say, well, you know what I learned this on you know the read and kid Fury said this, or you know, kid Fiory said that, and even the whole notion of like fuck people like fuck fuck what people think about you or fuck like I think so much of us as black queer, specifically me as a black fat fan who's very very vocal about being non binary. I'm constantly in my head about what does the world see me as and what does see and so watching you and watching Crystal and watching so many other people has really been able to give me that ability to just be like fuck them, you know, and I think that that for me is so beautiful. So I you know, I'm I guess for me and all of this and this, you know, yes, this, yes, ma'am. I think me and Jojo Bo feel very very blessed to say that we're grateful that we see you not only helping other black people get on, but you helped them stay on. And we just want to thank you. We genuinely want to thank you because you could have said, ah, a girl, little little podcast. I don't know who the fuck they is. I'm not doing that right, but you made the time to trek all the way down here to to you know, to West Hollywood to record with us in it. Honestly, like I said, I there are a lot of things that have happened in my life. Being in a Toyota commercial was another one that was something I never ever thought whatever happened, But this was a moment of like going from a San Bernardino dorm room to now interviewing the nigga who really helped me get my shit in order to get a show on the iHeart Network. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Like I'm literally sitting here going nigga ass crazy, Like it's just just crazy to be sitting.
Speaker 1: Across from you. You on my show. It's crazy. It's fucking crazy. So I just I hope if there's nothing you take from anything today, I hope you get home, you just to have your dog, you hold your dog, and you just sit there on your couch and be like, I'm that bitch and you are, and you are because you have inspired so many people that you may not even know yet. So I just wanted to say that on the mic. And it's not just because your kid fury. It really is because I think I also know the jerk good person and I've always I've always, like I said, I've heard people speak highly of you, and I just want you to know that that you genuinely are that girl and been that girl, and you will continue to be that girl. You are one. You are one of one. You are the only ones. So I just want you to make sure that you take that with you. So my no man, Pam, I'm gonna make a quick and sure because my I feel like I've been talking a lot of this episode, but I will say my no man, PAM are for the niggas who go into any place but specifically Apple. I was in the Apple store yesterday. I had to return something. I have to have to go back to the Apple store today because I'm also returning something that's neither here nor there. People go into these these stores and these restaurants and treat the people who work there like they have all the answers to everything. Can y'all just stop being mean to people who work in service or who work in like customer service, Like it's just like I don't understand, Like I don't get out of my car going I'm gonna go on this store and fuck somebody's day up, like I don't. I don't comprehend that, like I don't comprehend like I've even had people say thank you so much for being patient, thank you so much for being so kind, and it's like people are not being patient and kind with you, Like what the fuck is wrong with people? So it just it bugs me, It really bugs me. Long story short one, there was a woman there going off on one of the tech people at Apple yesterday and it was like what for, bitch, Like now you just need you literally just made yourself look stupid in front of this, in front of all these people in the store. But on top of that, you still have a phone that don't work.
Speaker 3: It's like you thinks out come out the back and I got you girls, does not happen, Like it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Your phone is still broken because you didn't buy Apple Care. And now you're mad because you're you look so stupid that you've made these people's day, like you've ruined these people's day, and your phone is still broken. Now now where are we? What? What's the point? So that's mine? No man, Pam, just y'all, please be nice to people. The world is already on fire. And then we genuinely don't we don't have it and and and this is not even behind a paywall, so you like we put this one behind a Patreon paywall and make your day shitty, but we hidden, So please be nice, all right, ch'ald So we go ahead and wrap this up. Please send your thoughts, your feedback, and all of your stuff to blackfatfampotted gmails dot com. We have been getting some messages. We have been getting some folks who've been saying hello to us. So I love that journey for us. You can also send us your thoughts by interacting with us on social media by using our hand on Black Fatfempod. That's on Instagram, that's on Twitter. I'm never gonna call it X on Twitter, we are on threads, we are on Facebook. You can find us everywhere and also YouTube. You can watch and subscribe to our YouTube channel, So go ahead and do that. Tell your mom and your aunties, and we also see the comments there and we love y'all for watching us. With that being said, before we get into where everyone can be found, keep in mind next week, October twelfth, San Diego, we have a live show. Tickets are available soon, please buy them. Please come out word on the curbs that it is going to sell out. So if you don't have your ticket now, you probably won't have a ticket. Who'd And space is limited and intimate and we are doing that intentionally, So please go to our Instagram. You can buy the tickets there. Diversionary dot org you can also pick up your tickets there. But that being said, kid Fury, where can the niggas find.
Speaker 4: You in these streets? In the streets you can, I'm trying I tell you where you can find me where I'll be president.
Speaker 1: That's just that's tour days. Oh, come on, tell the girls where your tour is.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I have a show in New York City on the twenty fourth October. I will be in Houston, Dallas, and New Orleans next month, and I will be wrapping up the year back home in Miami on December first. You can go to Life is Better Tour dot com to get tickets now if you're interested, And you can follow the rest of my intics with one of my besties on a podcast called The Read, and that's where you get podcasts. And that's pretty much most of where you'll find me placing energy. Sometimes I post a story on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see that.
Speaker 4: That's it's about it.
Speaker 1: What about you, baby Joho?
Speaker 2: Y'all can find me.
Speaker 3: As usual Johodann's across all socials my website jour nails dot com. If not there, you can find me begging for forgiveness because right now we're in the Oba House comes out Jewishly, We're in the ten Days of Awe. So I'll be asking people forget us. I know what four I don't know if I need to ask forgive us for I'm pretty good. I'm pretty great, pretty good. But I'll be saying, hey, girl, do you need forgive me for something? If you do, can you forgive me? I have to ask you three times before guys says it's good, So like, let me know what's tea on this?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. If you don't forgive me, and then I'll just haunt you. And that's fine too as well.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 2: That's when you'll find me on the curb, saye, who can forgive me? Please? Watching some city for some forgiveness.
Speaker 1: I know that's right, yes, yes, yes, Well as for me and my house, you can find me over at doctor John Paul on all the socials. You can also go to w W dot doctor John paul dot com where you can click on the book link and you can purchase my book that is for pre order right now, Black Fat Fembook Honey coming out watch twenty fifth. Get the book, honey, because if you ain't got it, then what you doing? Move dang? Got the book? Move dang all ready? She she already asks for it.
Speaker 3: I saw her the day I said, I said, I see you.
Speaker 1: Yes, her people reached out to me and said, can I get a copy of the book, and I said, you sure can. So if Moodang got the book, you can go buy the book too. With that being said, yeah, we're gonna go ahead and wrap this up. Thank you everybody. We specifically want to say thank you so much to Bey Wang, our executive producer of the show, who helped put all of this together. We want to thank it Furious people for putting all of this together too, and everybody over at I heart and and and the folks who just do the logistics and got this place in space book for us. It has been a blessing. I heart thank you Jesus God bless you. We appreciate you. Chris Rogers, we want to say thank you so much for doing the editing of this show, for being for being just the most wonderful editor who puts the visuals and the audio together. We could not have a show without Chris Rogers. And so I just ain't it because I'm looking at all these camera right now going and couldn't be me. It could be me. I can do it, but I'm not going to. I can, but I'm not doing it, no, ma'am. All right, y'all, well, this has been another show. Stay black, fat, femine fabulous, And remember that life will it is continuing to get better. I Love Us. Surreal Byey