Speaker 1: Ben Higgins and Ashley I bring you Infamous. Sometimes roses are red flags. Everybody, it's been today, I'm taking over and I'm here for another episode of Infamous. Sometimes roses are red flags. Today, I might just have one of the most memorable people to come out of the Bachelor universe in the last decade. She was infamous for napping, she was infamous for her brief time on Paradise, a true legend from Nick Viles season of The Bachelor, and somebody who's done a lot since then. Of course, I'm talking about Krinn Olympios. Krinn, Welcome to the show. Hi, I'm back, Kriinn. I have a lot to talk to you about. A lot I want to catch up with you on but I want to start by asking you a very direct question. Would you say you are the best villain to ever come out of the Bachelor franchise?
Speaker 2: I absolutely would say that.
Speaker 1: My next question then is, Okay, I'll ask you this question. Then I'll tell you why I'm asking it. What does a villain mean to you? Like, how do you describe a villain?
Speaker 2: Well, a villain? Honestly, I think it's kind of like a running joke with me because like I say, I'm like the greatest villain to ever come off the show. But I don't really consider myself an actual villain. I'm more of a villain as in, like I'm going to do and say what I like feel and if you come at me, like I'll come back at you. But I'm never going to start any drama with anyone. I'm never gonna be like going at anyone for no reason or starting drama on my own. It's more of just like I'm gonna do and be me, but like if you come for me, you'll be sorry.
Speaker 1: See That's where I was coming at because I mean, I guess we can throw you in that villain category because there was like some polarization I guess from next season with you. People talked about you a lot, people were super into it. But you were the first villain that I think made Bachelor Nation question like what are we determining as a villain or not because you weren't like mean, and I think that was historically what we met. And then I look at my season, which was the year before with Olivia COAREDI who also was not a villain but got kind of defined as a villain, but wasn't mean just polarizing.
Speaker 2: I think, like because I still feel like I can't believe that it was this long ago, but like eight years ago, like reality TV was kind of just like popping off, and social media was just becoming a thing for us on reality TV, and like it was kind of all like snowballing at that time. So I feel like at that time, no one really knew how to categorize villains properly. So it's like, oh, she's different. She's like saying like out of pocket and like she's a villain, But like I wasn't really the villain. Taylor Nolan was the villain going at me and going at me and going at me, talking behind my back. I'm sitting right there and she's like whispering behind my back, and I'm just like I'm not dealing with that. But once she came from me and said something to me, I'm like, all right, you're done, honey, You're done.
Speaker 1: So was the response in the house, I mean, I mean it's been a bit. Was the response in the house supportive of you? Or did it feel like you were on your own little island?
Speaker 2: It's crazy because like Vanessa and Jasmine, Sorry, it's been a long time. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like the girls like and I got along really well. Like the only girl that like literally didn't hang out with me, like on or off camera was Taylor, Like, and what's that girl's name, Sarah van Dahl? I think she has like the really big freaky smile. Yeah, they were the only ones that really didn't like hang out with me off camera. But like when the cameras were up, like Vanessa and like all of them were kind of just like talking so much about me. And I was kind of shocked when the season aired because I was like, wow, you guys were like acting like you were like my best friends and all that. And it's crazy because I was never like like that or fake like that. I was always like real. So I'm like, y'all are the real villains here.
Speaker 1: The we do infamous right now because right now we're trying to peel behind the curtain, get behind the scenes. Hear from the people who did kind of have that moment watching it back me like I don't I didn't know that or I don't remember it that way. When you watched your season back, did you feel like, uh, there were things I mean outside of people talking behind your back that you didn't know of. Was there shocking moments that you remember going that isn't how it happened? Or do you feel like you were accurately portrayed throughout?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, no, no, yes, there were How do I put this? Let me think? Okay, yes, okay. People ask me all the time. Is the show scripted and is it like exactly what we see? No, it's not scripted, but it's real. It's all us. But like, no, it's not exactly what you see. Like, there were things that I saw that I was like, whoa, They really put that like out of context and this is going to be taken so not how it actually was. Some things, for instance, were when I went to Nick Faiau's hotel room that night, they really portrayed it as like I was going there to have sex with him that night, and that's so was not the vibe. I was in my sweatpants. I gave a whole speech on how I felt misunderstood and wanted to have a conversation. They portrayed it as like Karenna is going to have sex and I remember being so confused when Nick was like we shouldn't do this, and I was like, I am not here for that. What is happening? And there were just like a bunch of other times like that as well. Not to out the show or anything, but.
Speaker 1: Not to out the show. But I think it's only fair at some point for those who maybe I can't even say you didn't have a good experience on the show, because the show has been great for you, and we're going to talk about all those things here. But the big scene that people loved and remembered and I found, coming a year off of my season absolutely wild that you made this choice was the nap during the Rose ceremony. I think you and I are very different in the sense that I went on the show and was so nervous the whole time that I couldn't really have fun and relax and be myself. It felt like you really went on and continue to go on television and can really be yourself and relax. And I'm intrigued by where that comes from if that is true. But then also, can you elaborate on the napping scene because there were many producers, many camera people, many contestants right there probably confused by it as well, and it was a bold choice.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, it was where do I start? Because this is a little bit of a layered moment again, scenes where things just didn't go as planned or wasn't shown as planned. That night was trench coat night, as I call it, and I don't know if you remember, but I came downstairs in her trench coat and lingerie. It was Nick's birthday. I was trying to be cute again, just went I. That was probably my fault. I should have been like, this probably will look so stupid, but you know what, DEMI copied me, so I must have made an imprint on something and people loved it. I don't know whatever I felt like that night. I was like, this did not go as planned. I look so dumb. And I was kind of like upset with the producers about something that night. And I was also upset because the girls were like Korean's taking all the time, blah blah blah blah blah, starting to get pissed at me, and then when I would just like sit in the corner or take a nap, they would be pissed. Also, I'm like, well, which is it. Do you want me around or do you not? I just had a sty night, like I have my rose from the group date. I'm not dealing with this again, authentic myself. That's what I would do if I was in a situation like that in real life, I would leave and go home and go to sleep. So I just was like, I'm removing myself. I'm upset. I was crying. I was like, I'm not doing it, Like these girls are all like talking about me and I just had a sheep night. I'm not doing it. So I went to sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you went to sleep peacefully. I don't remember how did it play out. Did people come up and try to wake you up?
Speaker 2: I think Nick came into the room. It was like, what are you doing? Hee you? I'm sleeping.
Speaker 1: It is It is interesting because some of those relatable moments, and I would consider that a relatable moment because I think people watching would go, hey, it was his birthday. She was trying to be uh sweet or kind or.
Speaker 2: I was trying to be hot, trying to be hot, and I was trying to be different, and it just it did not It did not go The producers told me they were doing something else. They lied to me about something, and it got up and I wound up like pulling Nick outside, and it just like wasn't didn't match the vibe of me, like being in the trench coat. It was supposed to be a joke. I was like, like in a trench coat at lingerie, but like along the line, something got messed up. I was pissed at the producers and like I just looked stupid because they didn't do what they said they had done, so like it didn't make sense that I was in a tract coat. So I was just like annoyed and I was like, well, now I look stupid. And that's when I like essentially stopped listening to the producers and I was like, no, you guys are not on my side.
Speaker 1: And you've been on a couple of the shows since your time on The Bachelor. You've definitely made a name for yourself. You know, when everybody comes off the show, and I'm sure they talk to whoever their agent is a representation. I'm sure every Bachelor contestant says, yeah, I just want to do things outside of the franchise. That is a very common thing. It doesn't always happen, but for you, you really have done a lot, and so has Nick and We're going to talk about Nick and his resurgence here in just a bit. But for you, you have really made a name for yourself outside the show. Do you feel like your experience on The Bachelor prepared you for these other shows? Are they at all similar?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Not The Bachelor? Like when I got to uh, okay, so I've done I've done shows. Sorry, I'm trying to like answer these properly because there's so much like, No, a Bachelor did not prepare me.
Speaker 1: You're trying to be proper here, but when it comes to beyond national television, you say, screw it, let's just rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Bachelor, no, not prepare me for other shows. I've the next like major show kind of like like The Bachelor that I did, I guess you could say was house of villains, like big production, big deal, other reality stars. At that point, I was like, literally, what the like, I was not prepared for this at all. I was not ready because again, I'm not a real villain. All of them went in with a strategy. I'm like, let's all be friends. New York is like FK, youw We're not friends. I'm like, WHOA, this is like not it. I like, by the way, me and New York are very good friends, but I'm just like trying to get everyone to get along. I'm like not good at competitions. Like I almost like was like so unprepared for The Bachelor. Totally different deal. They did not prepare me over there for like what real reality TV is like and competition shows are like absolutely not because again I didn't treat The Bachelor like a competition. I feel like nowadays this show is really treated like a competition. Like people come up to me and they're like, did you win? And I'm like, okay, it's not something you win, Okay, you fall in love. I'm sorry that people are ruining this show and the show sucks now in my opinion, but it's not something you can win.
Speaker 1: You don't win it. But speaking of love, you did go on next season?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: Did you go into the season believing that Nick was somebody you potentially could be interested in?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? At the time, like I literally was like I'm marrying him?
Speaker 1: And when did that change or did it ever change?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean like being on the show and like filming it, you're not thinking. I mean, at least for me, you're not thinking like, oh, I just like need to be here. I mean like after I guess you could say, like after he didn't pick me, I was like, oh, I'm not marrying him?
Speaker 1: Mmm? You know, so did your feelings fade? Like if you would have picked you, would you have like could you believe you could have continued on?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, I would like to think that, Like, I mean, that's like the hope of being on the show is that you meet the person that you want to marry and you stay with them and it works out. I mean, our show's track record isn't that great, but you know, you hope for the best. I mean, like, didn't you think that you were going to stay with who was it? Lauren? M No, you do.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm not disagreeing with you.
Speaker 2: You really do believe it. You think you're going to be with them.
Speaker 1: I had girls that were on the season that also left because they had said, no, this is not for me. So my question was more around did you believe it until the very end when he said goodbye? Or were you one foot in one foot out?
Speaker 2: No? No, I was. I was fully in the whole time. And that's the God's honest truth.
Speaker 1: And then when you go on like House of Villains, it's very different because you're not going there for the romance. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, honestly, like it's so crazy because I remember like getting there and being like, okay, like the pressure's not on, like I'm not dating anyone here, and like I don't like I just need to focus on Like honestly, I wasn't even prepared for the competitions there, but like it was way less pressure getting there initially because I was like, I don't need to worry about falling in love with anyone and going on dates with anyone, Like I'm I'm just here being me. Little did I know that competition shows are the most stressed. I mean whoa. I mean Johnny Bananas on House Civilians was on House Civilians with me and he does the challenge and even him and I were like, this is a whole nother fucking level of show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're bringing massive personality. He's out. And speaking of Johnny Bananas, I think last time we were on a show, you were promoting House of Villains, and right before that you were on and you were in a relationship at that point in time, like with Bob the builder or something.
Speaker 2: I haven't dated Vince that friend, first of all. Lol, I forgot his name literally laughing.
Speaker 1: I think that was the last time, Like those are those are two moments? Are you still dating? Because that was a big deal for you to go public in that relationship. And then I remember you and Johnny kind of had like a flirtation thing that we were curious about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll tell you everything right now. Oh, Vince and I dated during the pandemic, and that just went horribly horribly wrong. He like whatever, he him and I just like weren't getting along. He on me and I found out later on I moved out away from Scottsdale. I couldn't look at his space for one working second. I don't know if it was the pandemic, I don't know whatever, but that was before How Civilians. Then I dated Jerry. That was a whole another horrible horrible vibe. Nice guy, not for me anyways. That went on to whatever, and then I did how Civilains How Civilains. I was single. I meet Johnny Bananas. We are flirting the whole time. This that he doesn't want to kiss on camera a little did I know it was because of Mariah or whatever her name is, and she was apparently freaking out that I was there because he knew that she knew that him and I would hit it off. It was a hole to do. So anyways, him and I just had this like cat and mouse game going the whole time, and everybody loves the showmans and of course the producers were like hopping on our digs about it. And then we just kind of like started to like casually see each other after the show and like kind of just had like a little flag after the show and then we were just friends.
Speaker 1: I was just with him. He's a wild time. He's a lot more energy than I have. He can go for many hours of the evening. So where does that spit you out? Today? Are you dating?
Speaker 2: So with my past of coming out to the public after boys nagging me and nagging me and nagging me for cloud to come out to the public and show everybody that I'm dating them, in comes my current boyfriend. We've been dating for two years and I have kept him completely separate from my work life and he's been so respectful of that, and we're kind of starting to post on Instagram together now. I think it's time we're going to be moving in together soon, and I think I feel comfortable enough that I can mention him now. His name is David, and it's been really really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my notes here said you'd been in Italy with a guy, and so I assume as you start talking, this was the guy that you were there with. If not, we have a bigger conversation to happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, David. We went with a bunch of his cousins and it was really really nice. And we've been dating for almost two years and he's honestly, really really great.
Speaker 1: How did you meet?
Speaker 2: So we met? We actually met in true carin fashion in the Bahamas. I was with my sister and our best friend, and my sister and her boyfriend at the time actually got into an argument and the boyfriend left our villa and my sister comes and wakes me up. I'm sleeping, I'm in my sweatpants and my oversized team, my hair is everywhere, I have no makeup on. She's like, get up, We're going to the bar like her ex was there because they were arguing. She's like that, we're going. So I'm like, oh my god. So we get on the golf cart. We get to the bar and I'm like, literally in my pajamas, flip flops, no makeup, hair everywhere, and this guy comes up to me. He's like, you want a shot? And I was like yeah, And that's how we met. We met in Bimini in the Bahamas, and we lived ten minutes from each other in Florida.
Speaker 1: No way, how weird is that? That's incredible? I mean, Karinn, if you don't mind me saying it, you don't have the best track record of dating and.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ben. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What makes this guy different? I mean, well, does it feel different? Maybe elaborate on who he is that is different than I mean honestly, because I hear a story of a guy at a bar. I mean, I do appreciate the fact that you were with no makeup, in sweats and came up and said, hey, can I buy you a shot? That is a very nice move, But it also could very easily be the guy that silt the bar trying to rip shots with the girl who looks lonely in her sweatpants sitting there. So what makes him different?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I will say it's it's kind of a running joke in my family because my track record sucks. But all these men in the beginning are like, I'm obsessed with you, I love you. Go to my dad, tell him they're going to marry me. We move in together, it's a whole thing, and then it kind of just like falls apart. I don't know if that's amazing or like ridiculous, but yes, there have been some really shy situations with my dating. David, on the other hand, kind of hung around and like we didn't start dating right away. And I don't know how to explain it, but it's a very different situation from the past.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense.
Speaker 2: I know we like hung out that night, but like I was also hanging out with like I don't know what it was about that night, but like I pulled more guys that night than like I've ever pulled like ever. I'm like, I'm gonna go out with my sweatpants and don't make up every night. Yeah, it's just like the Queen of Vimini that night. I don't know, I got like ten guys numbers.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably the vibe that you don't care is what makes guys care exactly.
Speaker 2: I was just like literally not giving a shit. So if anyone wants danding advice there you go, don't give.
Speaker 1: A shop anyway.
Speaker 2: I meet David. We're kind of we're like kind of hanging out with like everyone at the bar at this point, Like me and my sister are just like floating around. We're like going to some guy's boat who's having a boat party. Then we're going back to the bar, like we're like all over the place. David's kind of just like there and he's kind of like, you know, like trying to like be helpful to me in like anyway and just like being really nice. I go back to my villa after partying all night, and the next morning I see him at Starbucks and I was like, whoa. I was kind of like being me. I was like joking around, you know, he's kind of like shy. In the morning, I was like, look who it is. I was like, do you know where we can get golf carts? And he was like, yeah, come on, I'll take you. So we get on, me and my sister and our best I can get on the golf cart and he's like driving around. I just remember looking at him and he was literally just smiling so big, like I could tell he just was like so excited to see me and hang out with me, and I was like, oh my god, like poor guy, Like I am not going to date him, so sad and I go home and he goes home, and I didn't realize, but he was what he didn't have an iPhone at the time either, which was like its own thing, and he was what's happen at me? Which I never saw because I don't have WhatsApp notifications and I kind of like forgot about it. And then on my birthday he sent me a present and I was like, my birthday's in November, so it was a couple months later at this point, and he sends me a birthday present. He remembered my birthday. I haven't spoken to him since I saw him in the summer in Bimini, and I'm like, David Mancini, David Mancini. So I like go on Instagram like who the heck is David Mancini and I'm like, oh my god, it's David from Bimini. So then I texted him and I was like wow, like thank you so much for the president. That's insane, Like can't believe you're remembered, and he I was like, like, what's up with the thing, And he's like, I'll tell you on our third date. And I was like, you know what, all right? I get back from I was in Orlando, and I got back from Orlando for my birthday and we went on a date the next night and we never separate. It.
Speaker 1: See, this is this is good, Like this feels healthy. This is not an unhealthy meetup guy trying to get clout. No, you showing off at a bar and him just like he met you in the right place. He showed you and he didn't know who I was of Big two. That's Big two. Shock her to his system once he did. Well, this is awesome and we're excited for you in this. And it is always a really exciting time to announce a relationship publicly, especially when you've been historically kind of quiet. But when you do it, it does get a lot of fun and it does kind of allow for the freedom of people to start investigating who David is. So hopefully he has a good track record and we'll find out everyone.
Speaker 2: If we break up, I'm sorry because in the past, as soon as I announce a relationship, it goes to so here we go.
Speaker 1: We'll feel we'll feel for you. If that happens, we'll bring you back to talk about it. Uh, Krinn, how much do you mind talking about Paradise? Because I know it's a very uh it was a very interesting experience.
Speaker 2: I will say this, nobody knows the whole story. There is a lot to it. I will talk about it one day. The truth will come to light. Everyone has their theories. There's been a lot of bad painting of me, a lot of bad painting of the other people involved. I think it was just a gang, bad deal that we all found ourselves in it. I don't believe anything happened on purpose. I think everything kind of happened on accident. But it can sucked and there's a lot more to it, and no nobody knows what actually happened. And I'll talk about it one day, But that's what I will say.
Speaker 1: Do you have like a day in mind?
Speaker 2: I don't have a day in mind. And I don't know how or when it will be brought up or what that looks.
Speaker 1: Like, but.
Speaker 2: I I just will say that no one actually really knows what happened, or no matter what you think, you know, you don't know the story. So yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: All I say, Okay, did you feel supported during this time? Though, Like I mean, is that a question I can ask? Is like coming off of that experience you obviously, if I remember, I didn't choose to continue to film, so there's like the break and then you left, correct mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I will say this. I love my Bachelor family. I do wish I went back at that time and kind of handle that. Listen, this was like a bomb went off in my life, and like I didn't know exactly how to handle it. I also didn't know how much it would affect me after the fact, and like I just I handled it the best that I could, and I felt my family supported me. I had people from the show that supported me. The girls, however, were worried about themselves. They were crying that we had to stop filming and going to Disneyland with to Mario and I'm sitting home not being able to leave because every news outlet on the planet is parked outside my condo and I can't do anything. Anything I do was it was just a horrible time. So yeah, I had a lot of support from the people that mattered, but like I was completely unsupported by other people.
Speaker 1: Also, is that was I mean, was that your exit from the Bachelor world, because have you done anything with them since?
Speaker 2: No, Unfortunately I haven't done anything with them since. But I will say that that was not my choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I mean was kind of my question was is that your choice or was that their choice?
Speaker 2: I don't really want to comment either way on that, but I love my Bachelor family and I have no hard feelings.
Speaker 1: Well that kind of leads me to the end here where we transition into life. Now. Obviously we know that you have just been in Italy with the wonderful with the wonderful David, being in a relationship and being married myself. It is so much greater than any television show you could ever do. But it does change kind of your ability to go on television. So a couple questions rapid fire. Is there any reality television for you in the future that we can get excited about.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've definitely said no to a bunch of dating shows, So that's why obviously you guys haven't seen me on dating shows. Me and my sister were supposed to do a really fun dating show together, but unfortunately, at the time when we were just getting with our boyfriends and kind of deciding what route to take, but so we decided not to do that. But you're going to see me on reality TV other than dating shows? Yes, fun stun coming?
Speaker 1: Is that a teaser for life now? Life kind of in the near future? Things you want to share with listeners that they maybe could tune into that you'll be a part of.
Speaker 2: I can't really share anything yet, but yeah, you will definitely see me again. My world is reality television. It's what I love to do. I love I love it.
Speaker 1: Your sister is a big personality as well. Correct.
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Is there a world in which we would see her with you on something?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's been a couple shows. We are very excited to do reality television together. That's obviously the main goal. Her and I are like two peas in a pod. We're a team. So you will definitely see us, hopefully sooner than later, on reality TV together.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like the two of you showing up somewhere it could be really intimidating for so many others because you are so close. Yeah, like it can you know what?
Speaker 2: Everyone hates to see us coming, whether it's in real life or on TV. I will tell you that, girls do not like it when we enter the chat.
Speaker 1: No, people need to get out of the way. Okay, So that's the teasers we got for the future. Those are the things you can talk about right now. That's your experience on The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise. If one day you do feel like you need the platform to share all of your stories in extensive detail to get it off off out into the world, please let us know. We would love to be a part of it. Kurin, thanks for joining us. It's always a pleasure to catch up with you and we wish you the best well.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for having me. I always love to chat with you guys. So yeah, talk soon, Bye, Sia. Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.