Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he Arms live from studio. CE say, it's priy, Well, I got what two fridays left before Christmas? As today is the fifth Welcome to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Deeper than the Bowels, et cetera, et cetera. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager. Dump boy. Eh m, I don't know you got a nominee. Yeah, I gotta get a tree. That's my general manager. I don't have a tree up yet. We don't have a tree up yet. How tree was that?
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's the fifth of December and we don't have a tree up yet. That makes me a bad parent. You'd have showed up at the manger and and and then spit on the baby. Jesus, you know what. I'd have had a little Strong No Franklinson, no gold Mumura gift card. I showed up with a gift card for the baby, Gee's Starbucks gift card. Yeah, picked this up as a village station. An infant can't go to Starbucks. They had that at the convenience store. I got this gift card for you. Yeah, yeah, that's right. Three wise men would have whooped up on you. So I didn't plan ahead. Got to get a tree this weekend, had vacation, been sick, my son's been sick, so yeah, we gotta get a tree this weekend, get decorated. Here's my big mistake. Well it's not a mistake. I was donating to the high school band. But my son's band had their big Christmas winter concert last night, Loveless. I know you've attended many of those, and everybody's all dressed up everything like that and playing their music and it was very, very nice. But they also do a bake sale where they raise money for the band and parents bake stuff and then people bid win, win, People bid ridiculous amounts of money because it's not about the bag good. It's about donating to the band, right right. So I paid one hundred bucks for this toffee, homemade toffee. It's like a ten pound box of toffee, and I thought, I'll bet this is going to be pretty good. I had a piece on the way home. It's like, this is the best thing I've ever had in my life? What am I going to do with ten pounds of the best candy I've ever had in my life? It's soul. And as you're eating for two, Katie, you can probably I'm pretending I'm eating. They're really good job of putting in them in small enough pieces that you can think one, one little piece, one little more. You're back in the kitchen because you forgot something. I'll want one moral piece for I go to bed. I call those drive bytes. Drive bytes. That's good. You got to get that clever, you should get that patented. That is a good there is There is when food gets to a certain size. Because some sizes are too big. You're not gonna grab one of those, yeah, just on a whim at that size. But there's some size that mentally you think it doesn't really even count. At this size, that's not hurting anything. And then you take in five of them, which, of course, if you understand the community properties of something or other, they add it up to a bigger size. Yeah, there is some sort of principle here, an important one incrementalist something or other. I don't know, the insignificant incrementalist principle. Drive bites. Yeah, so I meant to bring it into work, and I thought, I'll bring it into work and people will eat it really fast. And in this morning, when I was looking at it, I thought, this is too good to take to work people. Oh no, thanks a lot, Jack, Oh stop, Jack, Wow, mine mine, I'm exactly. I'm daffy doc by my mine standing on the pile of gold. I'm not good enough for you. I wasn't thinking of you a Michael, wouldn't think of our little crowd. I mean those people out there. I don't want them eat in disc food. It's too good for that. I guess you're right, the peasants exactly. So we have occasionally gone with the only in the control room. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know distribution center. That would work if I put it in out the word that the chosen few. Heypes on a piece of this. It's a right next to the mic. Yeah, that that I would do. Don't tell anybody, Okay, So we're going to start to show officially a little earlier than we usually do because we got a couple of interesting clips that I think are worth talking about. It's a said that they played the video of the second strike yesterday in front of a bunch of people in Congress, and they came out with completely different partisan views of what they saw, which you're about to hear. So let's start to show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Friday, December, fifth year, twenty twenty five. Where Armstrong, you're getting, we approve of this program. All right, let's begin officially now according to FCC rules and rags, here we go at.
Speaker 4: Mark, what I saw in that room was one of the most troubling things I've seen in my time in public service.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see anything disturbing about it. Which disturbing to me is that millions of Americans have died from drugs being run to America by these cartels. There you go consensus. So you got the chair, the Democratic chair of the committee, who says it's the most disturbing thing he's ever seen in public life. He said, you saw two people with no means of going anywhere, clinging to debris, no way to be part of Tom Cotton the longer versions of these clips, saying you saw exactly what was described. You saw two people that were still clearly combatants. This is absolutely righteous. I would have ordered the same thing myself in my military career. How do you possibly have two people see the same video and come away with such different views dishonesty? Well, okay, so which one of them is being dishonest? I haven't seen the video, nor have I although certainly from fairly neutral accounts I've read. It's not as was described by Hines. Two helpless men clinging only to one. There was a cork on the boat, and both men were clean to the same cork and praying for mercy. No, they're trying to flip the boat over and keep going. I would say that the New York Times coverage of it, let me look it over real quick. New York Times coverage does not quote Hines. It quotes Cotton and a couple other people. So they don't they Their big headline is not Tom Cotton lies about. No, they're they're they're they're getting into other angles of the story, but they're not they're not disputing what had leaked out previously that you got a couple of people on a boat that's still body and uh, you know, radioing for help and blah blah blah. I don't know hinz act. But many many people were briefed and saw the videos, and he's the only guy coming up with coming out with the sobsystract, right. And well, as you pointed out, you heard on one of our radio stations, they they played his clip as if that was just the sum total of the views of things. That's the news of the day. Here. Congress saw the video and this is what they thought. Well, this is what one guy thought, and maybe nobody else. I know. I was watching ms NOW last night formerly MSNBC soon to be called Twitter then x MSNBC last night went with their panel discussion as if what the Hindz guy said was one hundred percent true. Yeah, and the war crimes and what needs to be done and everything like that. I do think it's interesting that the New York Times is not taking that angle. They still have enough integrity that they're not going to cloud at that much. One point the New York Times makes today, Well, first of all, the Wall Street Journal editorial board is pretty big on the this isn't a real war, we shouldn't be doing this, this is this is not cool. They're they're fair enough backing up a step. But the New York Times says, and I thought this was interesting. The focus on the second strike and the nuances of the law of armed conflict could end up being a favor to the Trump administration. The idea that some was bad about that particular strike implicitly suggests that the first one on the boat and all the other attacks on the other boats were fine, and its premise reinforces at the idea that, yeah, we're at war with these people, and now we're arguing over whether or not that second strike in a war was okay, kind of jumping past the first conversation. What point I've made repeatedly right? For what it's worth. The News Nation headline video shows survivors killed and follow up strike alarming. Lawmakers come on News Nation and then they quote Hines. Goodness sakes, they quote anybody. They quote Tom Cotton down saying the mission was lawful and the strikes are justified and righteous. But come on, I don't know. I'm pretty comfortable that we didn't commit a war crime there, So that's good. That would be good for anybody. Yeah, I'm much more interested in the bigger question that the editorial board was bringing up there from the journal, are we at war with Venezuz? Wela or Venezuela cartels are narco terrorists or whatever we're gonna call them. The idea that war has morphed into armed conflict with terrorist groups, which has morphed into terrorist groups, can include admittedly armed drug cartels, and therefore we can be at war with them no matter what they're doing. And that's one interesting aspect of this. It's indisputable that if you're in a war, you can take out their you know, the rail lines, your your enemy's rail lines or manufacturing centers or whatever to weaken their war effort. Are we all comfortable with the idea that, Okay, we're going to take out these drug boats because that's how they finance their nefarious operations. And by the way, they're poisoning Americans and killing us by the tens of thousands, you know, with our own you know, assent in a lot of cases. But is that all appropriate for the military. You know what's funny is I just laid it out there. I was starting to think, yeah, that makes sense. Well, as a National Review wrote the other day, if this is how the war on drugs is morphed, bad news. If you're on the wrong end of the war, on poverty when we go there. Yeah, that's kind of a funny thing to say, start striking hungry people. Yes, yes, that is a funny thing to say. That's one way to end hunger. Huh. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know either. You finished your Christmas shopping? How long ago? A couple of weeks ago. Actually, I just finished wrapping my presence yesterday. They're all under the tree. God, I don't even have a tree up yet. I'm a bad person. Well, no doubt, but yeah, we're we're tardy on that ourselves. But that's because we got a remodel going on and it's case. Oh you got an excuse for not honoring Jesus birth. Okay, fine, Oh, speaking of sniping, this is one of my favorite things I've come across. And getting ready for the show. So The Atlantic was doing this interview with Josh Shapiro, governor of Pennsylvania, frequently mentioned presidential hopeful and he interviewed for the VEEP slot with Kamala Harris. Well, they were interviewing him like the day or the week the book came out and he hadn't seen it yet, and this reporter was hitting him with some of the quotes from the book, and Shapiro, who is famously very measured, very even keeled, very strategic, kind of lost his ass and then immediately felt bad about it. We'll hit you with some of those delightful excerpts coming up. It's a good Kamala kicking, so you know that'll be enjoying that. So it always feels good on a Friday. Come on, now, it's Friday. Let's enjoy ourselves. I haven't bought a prison yet, Michael, not a single one. So everybody's can get gift cards this year? Huh No, I can't do that. Can't do that with kids. That'd be horrible the look on their face when they get a gift card. I can't do that. Yeah, the whole buying gifts thing is in my rearview mirror mostly. Yeah, when I look at my to do list for the weekend. So can I just stay at work? How about I do a show on Saturday and Sunday and tell everybody I gotta work. Oh, we got Katie's headlines on the way, clips of the week pretty soon and more news of the day. I hope you can stay here. Somebody just hit me with a list of things you can get at the seven eleven for Christmas if you want to. They're like stocked up for like people who really fumble the ball and aren't ready to go in terms of like you know, quickie gifts or ornaments or that sort of thing, like kind of the shop of shame. Wow, what does that mean about society that the seven eleven knows there's a big enough crowd of people like that just to screwed up. So here we got we got your back with some really cheap crap and something scratchers, some small and teddy bear holding the heart. Here's something that looks like an ornament. If you're supposed to show up to your party with an ornament, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: One of those rolling hot dogs, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rotissery dog. All right, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 3: Katie all right, the lead headline.
Speaker 2: Leave this. This joke is similarly. This joke is similarly yesterday's my Grandpa had the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the zoo. That is, yeah, cut from the same cloth as yesterday's disturbing dolphin DNA joke. Okay, back to Katie, All right.
Speaker 3: Of course, the boat story is the top headline. So here's a few sources from CNN. Survivors clinging to capsized boat didn't radio for backup. CBS lawmakers see video of second strike on boat. Survivors say Admiral testified that there was no kill order. And the Guardian video shows US air strike survivors clung to boat wreckage for an hour before second deadly attack.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting. As the testimony said it was minutes. Yesterday, that's what Tom Tom Cotton came out saying, yeah, it was just minutes between the first strike and the second strike. Having watched the video, now that does go against Pete heggsath what he said, like earlier in the week, he said, look, I'm a very busy man. I don't have hours to sit there and watch how this plays out. And Tom Cotton said it happened. All happened within a couple of minutes. But all right, goodness sakes, can we get the facts. Please show everybody the video so we can watch. Then we'll mo from bright.
Speaker 3: Bart, Tom Bondy says evidence leading to j six pipe bomber bomber arrest was collecting dust at Biden's FBI.
Speaker 2: For four years. I do want to talk about this more later. Fascinating and I wonder if AI can play a role in this in the future where you just plug in everything at AAI and they can connect it can connect the dots. Well. I think that the the what's being claimed is that the FI FBI, the Biden Justice Department neglected this intentionally, and I haven't heard any serious pushback on that yet. That is interesting that they cracked it this, you know, early in their term. Maybe it's coincidence, maybe not.
Speaker 3: From the Washington Post, Supreme Court hands Trump victory and fight over Texas congressional map.
Speaker 2: Some I missed this story. So that court that came out the other day and said now Texas can't do that. The Supreme Court six y three said you're wrong. Correct. Yeah, it happened yesterday evening last Stephen. Wow, that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: From New York Times, Putin basks in praise from Modi on India visit. Yeah, apparently, Putin also saying he's going to share some of their military tech with India.
Speaker 2: Not quite the pariah we were hoping he'd be, well, you were hoping, but not Trump the Trump administration, and I'll give you the very short version of this is out with their official old foreign policy statement, and it is, uh, we're making nice with Russia and will negotiate between Russia and Europe. NATO's already too big, it's not going to get any bigger. It's a mark difference than his first term.
Speaker 3: From NBC, parents say school issued iPads are causing chaos with their kids. How come behavioral problems because they want to use one at home?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 3: All right, study fines week long social media detox actually leads young adults to spending even more time on their phones.
Speaker 2: So you get away from social media, but you spend more time looking at other.
Speaker 3: Stuff, all right, And then you spend a lot of time on social media when you come back to it, trying to catch up.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 3: And finally the Babylon b Minnesota added to Trump's third World travel them, Uh.
Speaker 2: We got to catch you up on a bunch of different news stories. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what. Why don't they release the video that second strike? Then we'll all just know we can all watch it and make our own determination. Right, are there two people clinging to barely alive or they look like they're active participants. We'd all know right away Armstrong and Getty. Oh good news for me. I just saw our friend Tim Sanderver's review of the Revolutionary War documentary from Ken Burns, in which Tim says finished watching the Ken Burns Revolutionary Documentary, I liked it exclamation point. A few of my friends on here were complaining about it, but I thought it was great. Yeah. There were a few howlers we played one, but there always is in a Burns documentary, and they were outweighed by the good stuff. Well, that'll get me back into it, because in the first three minutes there were a couple of things where I was like, oh my god. But if and Tim is as anti woke around the revolutionary crowds anybody in America, if he overall liked it, I'm gonna give it a watch. Then Okay. Yeah, that's the question, especially if it leads with that sort of thing. Is this going to be a drum beat of woke crap or is it just the occasional oh boy, eyes and stuff, right right right, So so much to talk about today. Oh my gosh, the giant climate scam is really on the rocks really really struggling, and they're floundering to try to keep the magic going as economies ruined themselves, et cetera. Among other things to talk about. But first, it's the Friday tradition. Time to take fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week. Now, what is an example of rage bait?
Speaker 5: It might be I'll offer this sentence for you.
Speaker 2: I hate Santa. Everybody talks about this place. Man, a dad gum swamp on a swamp. This is a sewer. This is created by man. You burnt my house down. Don't say anything crazy man. As I have said before, if the judge picks through all of that hair and finds only one eye, he's got the wrong end of the dark.
Speaker 3: An animal control officer says the raccoon was found Saturday, passed out next to the store's toilet.
Speaker 5: Because the man slides down, the lioness begins to claw, and when the man is close enough, the animal pounces, dragging him to the ground.
Speaker 2: Most T shirts worn for half marathon previous wrecked one twenty seven. I've got one hundred thirty seven shirts on forty seven yards ry now by Young Way courity stumbled two years. I don't think I've ever seen that. Oh my god, what is that way thout doing? Because they're in a constant state of dopamine. With Jerald School, they behave like addicts.
Speaker 1: They're super emotional, like the smallest thing sets them off.
Speaker 4: Last night, President Trump posted over one hundred and sixty times on Truth's social averaging more than one post a minute. Who well, I think we know where Venezuela's cocaine is been going.
Speaker 1: Peg sat saying the military acted in compliance with the law of armed conflict, and Pete.
Speaker 2: Said he did not want them. He didn't even know what people were talking about.
Speaker 5: And by the way, had mulready made the correct decision to ultimately sink the boat and eliminate the threat.
Speaker 1: The two survivors climbed back onto the boat after the initial strike.
Speaker 2: When people want to surrender, you don't kill off.
Speaker 3: As I've said, I'll say again, we've only just begun striking darko votes.
Speaker 1: How Republicans launch an investigation into widespread COVID era fraud involving some members of Minnesota's large Somali community.
Speaker 4: These Somalians have taken billions of dollars out of our country.
Speaker 2: The President's obsession with me is really unhealthy. It's creepy. Your omar is garbage, Jesus garbage once again got erect arrested, not the first time. You almost said a woman got erected, which in these cases can happen. No, I said a teacher, which you assumed was a woman, because you're sexist. Moving along, it's clips of the week. Here is the question before us. Since the double tap story is about over over over over, except for a few individuals attempts to flog it further. When the Democrats stopped pretending to care about this, will they go back to pretending to care about Epstein? Good question. The list using my finger quotes is supposed to come out within two weeks a week ago, so we got a week to go for all the Epstein stuff to come out. So that'll be the story next week. I believe what a Christmas present?
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 2: Two things from clips of the week. One reminded me of so Martha Raddits had information what two days ago that was the lead on the EBC evening news, people who had seen the video now reporting there were two men clinging on the boats blah, blah blah. So where did that information come from? Is that the same video that they were watching yesterday? I still don't understand people are selectively leaking obviously as always happens. Yeah, that's the only thing that's left to the story to me is just who's lying and so egregiously lying about what they just saw? AnyWho, I would agree. The other thing that is more interesting to me at this moment is the teacher on there talking about how hard it is to teach kids today with their dopamine addiction that we all have from our smartphones and the pace of life, and how you just can't hold a kid's attention. That should get way more attention as a that's a very poorly structured sentence that should get more discussion. Not only is our curriculum a mess at the schools, but even if you had the curriculum that I liked, How in the world is any teacher going to stand up in front of a twelve year old in the modern world and talk to them about, you know, the Declaration of Independence and hold their attention when their brains have been crafted to take in information in a completely different way. It's a horrific problem. It is, and this sounds like her hyperbole. I don't think it is. I remember, you know, in our teenage years, our parents were worried about us, you know, smoking pot and having sex or whatever. I would far rather have my kid smoke a little pot, have sex, and not be addicted to the endorphin thing with the smartphone, I think it's far more damaging. I wouldn't want them to become like a raving, everyday pothead. I'm not saying that you can do terrible damage, especially to adolescents, but I think it's a bigger threat to their health and happiness than the hazards of old.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: You could be if you want to be like a real boomer, you can just well, they need to learn to sit there and pay attention. But that ain't gonna work. It just is not going to work. I think we're going to have to restructure all teaching in like video form and little snippets. I think if you taught like both of my kids, if you were teaching them in the style that TikTok videos are, where the information comes fast and in little snippets, much more likely to hold their attention and have them walk away after an hour of that having learned something than a teacher standing in that they're drowning on not even close. And then when I I was talking a couple of weeks ago about how we may have ended the era of literacy, literacy didn't really start in the world until around seventeen hundred, when the printing press had been around long enough and enough people had learned to read, and people got into books and reading. It may be over now. In fact, all indications are it is over. Book sales, long form reading is down so much that it's over. It was about three hundred years of people reading and it's just over. Yeah, and it ain't coming back too and it ain't really coming back. So you can either claim that you can yell at the world and they'll get back on board with reading or something, or to adjust to it. I think those are your two choices. I think it's possible, unlikely, but possible, that we as a society could decide in the same way we did with drunk driving and cigarette smoking, that kids addicted to the endorphin just shot after shot after shot after shot of the smartphone is a terrible thing to do to a child. Again, it's possible we could do that it's unlikely. I really hate to admit that you're probably right with your zingbang poo educational model, but that may be the only choice. Well. One of the problems with your plan, and this is one of my biggest beliefs in the world. The generation that remembers any other way is going to be dead before you know it, and there won't be anybody left who remembers what a brain felt like before smartphones came along. There won't be many people. Pretty soon, there won't be anybody left.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I barely remember myself when I could just sit there in quiet with a book for long periods of time, and there was my brain screaming for more entertainment. Well, yeah, I think it's more profound than that. Just because they don't have real friends. Some of a lot of kids, and they never get together with anybody of the opposite sex, and they have no interest in family or children or anything like that will die out and it'll be a planet of the ants. Oh. I just fatalists on some of these things. But for today, to try to fix today, I think, yeah, definitely, the education is gonna have to go the direction of bingpoo zoom TikTok style. That's the way you spread information. I think that's your only hope, which would be a lot of work of the teacher. Well, yeah, you're gonna have to have you know, I don't know, You're gonna have to have to hire TikTok to design you your curriculum. Then the Chinese just have a direct pipeline into our elementary schools. That's just great. Well, happy Friday everybody. Uh here's a word from our friends at Omaha Steakes speaking and gifts. You know you're in a conundrum. You's have somebody you care about, but they don't need stuff. Give them the deliciousness of Omaha Steaks, especially right now during the Sizzle all the Way sale last night, and put the burgers out to thaw. So we're having Omaha Steak burgers tonight. I know my son is very very excited about that because we love the Omaha Steak burgers. Steaks are great. The apple tartlets do I want to do those? I think I'm gonna hold onto those a little a little closer for Christmas because those are so good. Anyway, you got to take advantage of this deal right now. Our listeners getting extra thirty five dollars off with the promo code Armstrong at checkout. How cool is that? And the Sizzle All the Way sale, As I started to say, you get fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Stakes. Fifty percent off and that super bonus. Just use the code armstrong at checkout you get to knock another thirty five bucks off. Say big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Steaks. Visit Omaha Stakes dot com for fifty percent off site wide during their Sizzle All the Way sale, and again an extra thirty five bucks off with the promo code Armstrong at checkout. Terms apply sea site for details Omaha Steaks dot com. The code is armstrong. Am I wrong? I take in quite a bit of media. I don't hear this conversation come up really anywhere else. This whole nobody reads anymore. They need a different way of teaching, et cetera, et cetera. I don't really hear the conversation anywhere. No, I think the American educational system and this is a great failing of boomers and Gen X in particular. Whatever to millennials, whatever, you people are a little younger than me. Actually, that'd be most gen x. Our great failing is that we saw education as a set it and forget it part of society, because that's what it was when we were growing up. There were some issues and tweaks that were needed, you know, we could go into those, but it was mostly a really solid institution that functioned at a high level. Witnessed the fact that the American university system, and hilariously in particular the University of California system, were the envies of the world, and rightfully so. Now they're crap. Wow, Joe dropped a sea bomb on our university. Damn right, wake up and smell it. Smell the iguano just disappointing. In our two, we're going to talk a little bit about that pipe bomber that they caught and what the deal is with him. There's not that much known. Surprisingly little about the guys known to twenty four hours after this story broke, but we do know something about the investigation. Kind of interesting. We've got mail bag on the way. I hope you can stay here. Totally crap. How have I missed the attempted drone attack on Zelensky's plane in Dublin the other day? There's so much going on in the world that nobody can keep track of everything too much. Stop it, stop creating news. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. This is so good from Hilaire Belleck, paraphrasing Great George Orwell. A people that has forgotten its traditions, its ancestors, and the sacrifices that brought its freedom is a people already conquered. For the man without memory is easily ruled, and the man without roots is easily led. That's why they're trying to completely obliterate the history of the country in schools. The postmodernists, the neo Marxists, they know this. I know it's true. Well send then two thumbs up to Ken Burns for reaching a lot of America with pretty much the traditional story of our founding them. Happy to hear that, Yeah, I would agree. Mailbag taught us a note. Mailbag and Armstrong and Geddy dot Com. Joe, you're not doing James Garfield quote today. You're saying to yourselves, let's write because we've got a fascinating James Garfield fact to kick off Mailbag. Garfield was ambidextrous and had the rare ability to write in two languages simultaneously. What to impress his guests at White House dinners, Garfield would often write in Latin with one hand and Greek with the other, all while holding a casual conversation. That is some crazyss. Most people can't write in their native language at all. Now, wow, So he and Da Vinci are the only people I've ever heard of that could do that. That's crazy. Yeah, I know, it's it's absolute madness. Moving along, Kellen from Rohnert Park, CA. Hey, A G and crew. Had a conversation with my boys in the car the other day, my eldest sophomore in high school, talking about interesting professions like how actors are professional pretenders, politicians, professional talkers? Had you guys playing on the podcast at the time. My six creator added, yeah, and these guys are professional complainers. I had laugh. You get a yuke too? Yeah, thanks for your thoughtful and educational complaining for helping us all age a little faster. I believe that to be sarcasm, Kellen. If I complained for a living, I was born to this job, no doubt about it. Well. Being a critic of you know, the overreach and abuse and just threats to the country I'm happy to accept that critic of modern society sounds much better than professional coplain. Yeah. Anyway, let's say this is from PJ. I hadn't heard this. The Minnesota Vikings have changed their name. Here's the new new logo. Can you see that? To the Somali pirates. I hadn't heard that. That's funny. Uh, let's see oh in our sarcastic email of the day from a forest. Hey, guys, to follow the back and forth around the strikes on the Venezuelan drug votes, what's who's allowed to do what? And why is it what law or law enforcement or war and the rest of it. I was getting confused, But then I had an idea. I think it's brilliant. But since Joe almost went to law school, I'd like your take. What if there was some way the president could request some sort of authorization for the use of military force. This we'll call it an AUMF, could outline which assets are involved, what the objectives are. Now, we wouldn't want to just hand these out willy nilly, So maybe you ought to have a group of like five hundred and thirty five people who have to vote yes or no, approving it or maybe do it in two votes, one with a group of four hundred and thirty five and the other with one hundred. I don't know. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I feel like I'm onto something here anyway, ohing too to be fair to Trump several presidents in a row, including Barack Obama, I have done all kinds of things without going out and getting what you just described, But in general I agree on a completely different topic. Brian from Santa Rose rights, I drive six hundred to one thousand miles a week. The number of idiots on their phones is staggering. And then he introduces this brilliant idea, required self driving vehicles for people who proved themselves to be jackasses behind the wheel. If you need to text and use social media, blah blah, you're in a cell driving vehicle. Same with slow drivers in the fast lane, people that cannot get up to freeway speed when entering said freeway when I'm sure you have plenty to add yourself. H muttering in the dark. All right, thanks for the note. Ony has a great, great Dwight Eisenhower quote. Will use that next week. Yes, we were riding with an uber driver the other day on vacation and he is getting onto the Interstate and he's coming down the ramp and I'm thinking, are you gonna go any faster than this before you get on the Interstate? And we were going forty eight miles an hour when he joined the eighty mile an hour traffic on the Interstate. He's being safe, I know, And I wanted to say him, you think you're being safe? Don't you think you're the safest person out here? And then back to the question of the double tap, excuse me, JT And Livermore writes to me, there's a bigger scandal. That's the scandal of the same old dem playbook, in which a lefty paper starts terrible and probably false accusations by another, single anonymous source. How many times can the Dems hurt our country based on the lives of a single unnamed source. How many times can a WAPPO or other paper fail to get corroboration before running their garbage story. Who are the Democrats serving if not themselves? As certainly isn't the country they've sworn to protect and defend. I think they had two sources for this allegedly, And you know, you're right in your greater statement. I agree with But as we've seen, people will watch the video this Heinz character, for instance, the Senator and come out and say, it's the most troubling thing I've ever seen in my life. It's just terrible, terrible, And so it's you know, you can it's either honestly difference in the eye of the beholder, or it's so easy to pose as being disturbed and horrified that well, Admiral Dude testified yesterday no, there was never any kill them all order. So he just flat out denies under oath that that ever happened, which was part of the reporting from the Washington Post on Monday that had everybody all stirred up. Right, it's over. You think the controversy is over, I'm declaring it over. I hope you're right. We got a lot more an hour two, like the pipe bomber and other stuff. If you miss a segment, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty