Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty arm Strong and Getty and He Armstrong and Eddy not speaking that Sweet, I'm making from Republican.
Speaker 2: Who was.
Speaker 1: Very she's a registered Republican. Oh now, I love her head? Is that right?
Speaker 2: As Sidney Sweet, you'd be surprised at how many people are Republicans. That's what I wouldn't have known. But I'm glad you told me that. If Sydney Sweeney is a registered Republican, I think her head is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Trump understands that better than anybody.
Speaker 3: He understands sound bites, so he'll like, he gets information like that and he thinks, Okay, here's the sound bite Sydney's Sweeney being a ra I.
Speaker 1: Mean he repeats.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons he repeats things, so that there is the sound bite for everybody to grab on whatever topic.
Speaker 1: It's very clever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well, it's surprising any young actresses is a Republican. Surprising a young person really is, But she is? And when when whatever the name of this Jean's American Eagle or whatever they are, Jeans contacted her agent and said, would she like to do a Gene ad? We'll pay her. What do you suppose she made doing that? Just a guess half million dollars too much, probably less at least, oh at least that. Oh really, I don't have any I don't have any idea, but okay, So the Jeans people call her up and say, we'll give you two million dollars to be a represented for the gene school.
Speaker 1: Where do we sign?
Speaker 3: And she goes and she does the shoot probably took two hours, with.
Speaker 1: Makeup, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: She had no idea that this is going to turn her life upside down maybe forever. She might not get roles in TV shows and movies because of this, because it's too controversial now, especially now that she's it's known that she's a registered Republican. Uh in fact, not probably guaranteed. There are shows that she would have liked to have been on Netflix, series or whatever that she won't get because it's not worth stepping in it.
Speaker 1: For the liberal left. I wonder she has no idea.
Speaker 3: That that that was going to happen when she decided to do a Genes commercial, which generally you never hear about well, you.
Speaker 4: Know, this is an interesting question that I want to consider for just a second. The reaction among like every sane person in America has been this so called backlash is stupid and nobody thinks like that, and the left or just be clowning themselves better than ever. But you think that the hardcore left in Hollywood will still think, Yeah, but she's tainted now by your association.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they just said, just be a We've got two attractive blonds could do this role roughly the same.
Speaker 1: Why the headache? Why take on the headache? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think she's bigger than that. I think it comes the other it comes out the other way.
Speaker 3: But I hope so, because it would suck for her to have her career affected by this in any way.
Speaker 1: It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I mean, the controversy is ridiculous to start with, but then like attaching.
Speaker 1: It to her is even dumber.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, anyway, So a number of people made comparisons last week to an appearance jd Vance made on a podcast and the appearance that Kamala Harris made on The Colbert Show. I was watching Mark Alprin's video cast over the weekend in which they thought he is nonpartisan and then he has a Republican and a Democrat as sidekicks. All three of them thought Kamala was horrible on Colbert in a way that I didn't quite pick up on the time. Specifically, she's had six months to figure out how to answer a couple of things, and she still seemed to be like you could see your wheels spinning figuring out how.
Speaker 1: To answer what what?
Speaker 3: You don't have a practice to answer for politics today, or you're rolling in or whatever.
Speaker 1: It seemed like.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Jad, that was like, you know, back on the view, what would you do differently than Biden? Oh h gosh, well you really pinned me down on the die.
Speaker 1: I hadn't anticipated that question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was like that on Colbert after six months of probably thinking about running for president anyway, j d vance completely different level of talent, and by the way, on Mark Alpert's podcast with the Republican Democrat and Halpern all think he is far and away the most likely nominee for the Republicans and likely the next president that because he is so good in getting better. Here's him talking about to Sidney Sweeney situation on a podcast over the weekend.
Speaker 5: My political advice to the Democrats is continue to tell everybody who thinks Sidney Sweeney is attractive is a Nazi.
Speaker 1: That appears to be their actual strategy.
Speaker 5: And I mean it actually reveals something pretty interesting about the Dems, though, which is that you have like a normal, all American, beautiful girl during doing like a normal genes ad. Right, they're trying to sell, you know, sell jeans to kids in America, and they have managed to so unhinge themselves over this thing. And it's like, you, guys, did you learn nothing from the November twenty twenty four election. Like I actually thought that one of the lessons they might take is we're going to be less crazy. The lesson they have apparently taken is we're going to attack people as Nazis for thinking Sidney Sweeney is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Great strategy, guys, That's how you're going to learn the mid terms.
Speaker 3: How much more comfortable is he in his own skin? The person who is most comfortable in their own skin is a person who genly wins elections. I don't think his opponent's going to be Kamala Harris. I don't think you'll even get to Iowa. But he is he is pretty good. I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: This the other day.
Speaker 4: I was listening to some fellows discuss Kamala Harris's prospects going forward, and they are miserable. They don't exist, they're they're terrible. Nobody is impressed by her. She's a loser and a dope, But you're a dope.
Speaker 1: That's talk.
Speaker 4: She is continually cited as a favorite. She topped the recent completely meaningless name recognition Democrat poll. And it occurred to me, as I was strolling along listening to this, that there is there, and nobody ever talked about this. There is a designation in the political world of a person who must be taken seriously. And it doesn't matter if in Kamala Harris's case, for instance, if she was an appointed this Willie Brown's girlfriend anointed the attorney general in a one party state, a DEI higher for vice president after she washed out completely of the primaries. I mean, it was a humiliating defeat. But in spite of all that losing, because Joe Biden plucked her to be the veep, she is a person who should be taken seriously. In the defiance of all logic, she's nothing, she will do nothing. She has gone forget her back.
Speaker 3: To the Blue gene ad and what Jade Vance was talking about, their lesson seems to have been that they learned is let's go further in wolkness.
Speaker 1: I would put it. Meanwhile, back at the third Reich.
Speaker 3: Bill Maher on his show Friday Night said, and an other uncomfortable racial news, sad news. We found out this week that Sidney Sweeney is a Nazi, and of course everybody laughed, No, she's not. But if you've seen the ad we're showing it now, she's dressed like Jay Leno. That's just a good point, which I thought was funny. And then he recites the line about the blue eyes and I have good jeens and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: It also doesn't help that her bras Eyze is thirty six KKK.
Speaker 1: That's a funny lie.
Speaker 3: And that the name that she gave her boo is the Proud Boys.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's some good riffing, he said.
Speaker 3: It's also like, it's pretty funny that all the online social justice girls are like, it's racist, there's no such thing as good jeans. And then you go on Tinder and swipe left on every bald guy, which is hurtful to me.
Speaker 1: Of course that's true.
Speaker 3: So any comment on jeans as white supremacy, bad jeans, bad jeans, bad jeans, as he swiped through all the guys, that is pretty funny. By the way, American Eagle stock rose more than ten percent last week.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Sidney Sweeney has not made a comment at all, although somebody did get out that voting information, which I don't think does her life any favors. Joe doesn't think it'll hurt her. I hope it doesn't. How she votes shouldn't make any difference anybody. And Donald Trump has another truth out today about this topic. Sidney Sweeney, a registered Republican, has the hottest in all caps add out there. It's for American Eagle and the jeans are flying off the shelves in all caps. Go get them, Sidney. On the other side of the Ledger, jaguared in a stupid and seriously woke advertisement that is a disaster. The CEO just resigned and the companies in turmoil. And he goes through a number of other examples with bud Light and that sort of stuff. So right, Trump, recognizing where you know, there's a little fire that he can jump into and make some hay with.
Speaker 4: All right, here's my favorite comment comes from this journalist by the name of Charlie Wartzell, who was writing in the Atlantic. And just as a little background, Warzel used to work at the New York Times, where he sobbed like a little girl during the emergency staff meeting, remember the mallet excuse me, maoist struggle session over whether the paper should publish that op ed by Tom Cotton.
Speaker 1: You remember how that caused that.
Speaker 4: Just a uproar within the paper that a sitting US senator would write an editorial in which he turned out to be completely correct, But it just tore their woke newsroom apart. But anyway, during the meeting over that, Wartzell is crying like a baby.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 4: Wartzell was upset because quote, none of my friends want to talk to me anymore because I worked for this horrible, evil newspaper. So anyway, here's this, this you need new friends, This half a man child now writing for the Atlantic. Let's see, he was attempting to write, I'm going to quote Andrew Styles now of the Free Beacon. He was attempting to write a cerebral lamentation about how quote the discourse is broken or whatever, while insisting the criticism of the ad campaign makes sense because of, you know, all the racism out there. Wartzel's rhetoric really shines when analyzing the political implications of hiring Swedey to sell jeans.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 4: Her image has been co opted by the right, accurately or not, in part because of where she's from, the Mountain West, and some of her hobbies fixing cars.
Speaker 1: Even her knew any of this, none of it, and don't care.
Speaker 4: Even her figure has become a cultural stand in for the idea published and pushed by conservative commentators that Americans should be free to love boobs.
Speaker 1: What I know.
Speaker 4: I know, even her figure has become a cultural stand in for the idea pushed by conservative commentators that Americans should be free to love boobs.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of interesting that to kind of go with like being curvy as a right wing thing. Because the New York Times had an op ed piece I was going to get to later why the right is obsessed with thinness when diet culture meets conservative morality. That is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 4: It's as if they're using some sort of AI powered random fake aggrievement headline generator.
Speaker 1: Are you people serious?
Speaker 4: I know what's it like to live your life like that, constantly looking for some excuse to bellow about somebody else being you know, unenlightened.
Speaker 1: We will get to that later.
Speaker 3: How the right is obsessed with thinness and it's somehow white supremacy or awful or something when Obestie's one of the biggest problems we've got in America. But what did you say we're doing? We got something.
Speaker 4: This campus madness update coming, oh so much madness, oh goodness.
Speaker 1: And a bunch of other stuff. Stay here, armstrong.
Speaker 6: The World Swimming Championships, the US saved it's best for last. The women's four by one hundred med League team broke its own world record in today's final race in Singapore. Reagan Smith, Kate Douglas, Gretchen Walsh and Tory Husk bested the old mark by twenty nine hundredths of a second.
Speaker 3: And getting ready for the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles next summer, I think, so, sach right, Yeah, maybe I'll look at that number, dear, I'll look that that's why Americans.
Speaker 1: Don't care about global warming. If the oceans cover of the Earth, we're the best swimmers. It's fine.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the world of sports, maybe an hour four we'll get to a lawyer believes Caitlin Clark has a serious civil rights case against the WNBA if she wants to make it.
Speaker 1: I doubt she does.
Speaker 4: But that's interesting because she's getting the hell beat out of her night after night, and they hit us with some of the statistics, and it's undeniable and it's almost never called. And it's because of race, and if not race, sexuality or both.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Summer Olympics in Los Angeles are in twenty twenty eight. Oh, we got a compangners the Summer Olympics. I peaked too.
Speaker 1: Early in my training. I thought it was next year. Dang it.
Speaker 4: So speaking of swimming, Oh, we don't have much time. We're talking about this sort of person who actually tries to get offended by the Sydney Sweeney jeans ad and talks about eugenics and the rest of it and what they're like. Katie had this headline like a week ago. I was intrigued enough that I dug into it. Yes, ful World, Mermaiding gains popularity in DC area.
Speaker 1: And it's all about these.
Speaker 4: Gals mostly and a couple of guys who get together once a week or more.
Speaker 1: And they like in the don mermaid tales.
Speaker 4: Some of them like really expensive dotted with sequins, lined with seashells and waddle into the water and splash around and pretend to be mermaids.
Speaker 3: I like the headline in stressful Times mermaiding a new verb helps calm people down.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, living here is fast. Everything is fast. There's traffic.
Speaker 1: There's so many people that feel suffocating sometimes.
Speaker 3: Children. You all need to have children. You'd be busy raising your kids. You wouldn't have time for this crap. Have a job in children takes care of so many problems. You don't worry about all these extraneous bs things if you have.
Speaker 1: A job in children.
Speaker 4: Wow, says the fascist Mermaiding is luring attract is attracting murfolk who are either looking for a unique form of exercise, a deep sense of community, or something to take them out of their everyday live.
Speaker 1: Did you say murpholk. That's correct. Yes.
Speaker 4: Although there is no official census, the Mermaids of the Washington area estimate, they have the second highest population in the country beyond Florida.
Speaker 1: In fact, jack two years ago.
Speaker 4: Their community was featured heavily in the Netflix docuseries Myrrh People, which focused on several aspiring mermaids volatile journeys to earn admittance into elite pods, such as the circin Circus Siren Mermaid Pod in Laurel, Maryland, which is one of the most exclusive mermaid pods.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot here. We could do a whole podcast on this.
Speaker 4: It's just creating a safe space for people to have fun. A lot of people who need a place to feel accepted. Blah blah blah. Is there a single person doing this who is ever in their life voted Republican?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 4: Not Pretending to be a mermaid in your free time is a certain sort of person.
Speaker 1: You meet a woman.
Speaker 3: I'm from Ohio, I like wine tasting, I have two sisters. I dress as a mermaid on weekends. You what, now, what was that last part?
Speaker 4: For a few hours a week they slip on their mirsna take some shelfies with friends.
Speaker 3: So it seems like one of the main parts of dressing as a Mermaid is puns that seems to be.
Speaker 4: Might be more important than the water. It's certainly an important part of it. But these people are very normal Jack. For instance, this dance costume designer who changed your name to Targarian after the family from the Game of Thrones and has purple hair and more piercings than a pin cushion, get a job having a kid. She goes by the name Mermaid Montara. Oh my god, Yeah, I know, I know. It takes all kinds.
Speaker 1: I guess Mark Zuckerberg's willing to pay somebody a billion dollars if he can put him in first place with AI.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good job. Among other things on the way.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty's mom the American Eagle website.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get me some of them Nazi jeans before they sell out. Coming up, chat, GPT lied to me for the first time ever, like really misled me. It damaged It damaged our relationship. I'm not pretty gunshy. Wow, So that coming up. And also Zuckerbird's willing to throw a billion dollar salary at somebody if they can put him in first place. Throwing around money for a half that yeah, okay, big AI update. First though, it's a campus madness update.
Speaker 1: Oh what madness? Oh that's the madness part. He's not digging it. I can't remember. Is there more of that? Okay, here.
Speaker 4: Handful of headlines for you, Jack, And we could really spend a significant amount of time on any one of these, but it definitely goes to the fact that crusaders against the rot on our college campuses and actually our primary and secondary educational systems too. We are not cherry picking. It's more like we're standing in the midst of a cherry orchard and you're accusing us of cherry picking. That's I mean, we're surrounded by cherries. Anyway, I'm going to start with this, which is a little different than the other headlines. But it was The New York Times doing a story on how the federal policy changes changed on pell grants and the Big Beautiful Bill and higher education grants and federal loan caps and the rest of it. And what was interesting to me about this, and I'm sure you'll appreciate this too, Jack, is that they mentioned that the reason this discussion is so important is that the average cost of public higher education in the the United States has adjusted for inflation more than doubled since nineteen eighty, and they don't spend a single word no less, I'm sorry, certainly not a sentence or a paragraph in asking why doubles that.
Speaker 3: Right, doubled since nineteen eighty sounds low to me by a lot. The only thing they.
Speaker 4: Talk about is why government is not doing more to hand people money to pay for it because it's more than doubled.
Speaker 1: It's way more than doubled.
Speaker 4: Absolutely nuts, Yeah, yeah, this is public colleges who right anyway.
Speaker 1: But like I know a couple of specific examples of it's doubled since people I know went in the nineties. Well right, right.
Speaker 4: But the point obviously is that the New York Times doesn't even have the question, just a question of government grants to talk about a different mindset.
Speaker 1: A bunch of headlines here, this is something else.
Speaker 4: As it reloads three to one and we're back. The largest teachers union in America is pushing Holocaust education that erases Jews. The NEA now describes the Holocaust as having twelve million victims from different faiths, without mentioning the attempted extermination of the Jewish.
Speaker 3: Pele wow as mostly Jews, as we all know as a chunk of Catholics and Gypsies and other people too, but it's mostly Jews.
Speaker 4: But so they're just going with different faiths. Okay, Yes, in fact, that was the plan all along. You may have heard of Hitler. He wrote a book about it in which he expelled he spelled out exactly what he's going to do, but not to the NEA. Speaking of the NEA, they just scrubbed their twenty twenty five handbook from their website. But the internet is forever, and various school choice advocates have preserved all of it for all of us, and the ENEA this is this year's handbook says educators must acknowledge the existence of white supremacy culture as a primary root cause of institutional racism, structural racism, and white privilege. And educators must work to prohibit institutionally racist systems and to bring them down. And it's a chapter in verse of the whole DEI critical race theory stuff. But the biggest teachers union in America says that needs to be the top priority of teachers is to dismantle white supremacy in our schools and our country.
Speaker 3: Our public school system is completely broken. Yeah, Its long is how long will it take? Can it be fixed? Will just so many people have to pull out and home school or private school I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and school choice that Republicans are pushing right now. Will so many people will.
Speaker 4: Leave the government schools in favor of these schools that educate children, that the system will collapse and ensure it has to Your number.
Speaker 3: One priority should have been the entire time and should always be for all eternity teaching, math, science, and reading.
Speaker 4: The end, the NEEA will push strategies fostering the eradication of institutional racism and white privilege perpetuated by white supremacy. Culture and school districts must provide training and cultural competence, implicit bias, restorative practices and techniques, and racial justice. More on this another time, but let's click on a few more headlines. We didn't mention this and it was an oversight. We just got really busy that UCLA, who were absolutely himmering for their treatment of Jewish students, including the establishment of a jew exclusion zone. UCLA agreed last week to pay more than six million dollars to settle a lawsuit brought by Jewish students who said, the university a lot of antisemitic demonstrations. I'm sorry discrimination during the Spring twenty twenty four encampments, the anti Israel encampments, good for them, just absolutely hammered UCLA, which is deserving of everything it gets George Mason University. On the other side of the country, the president, facing an array of federal discrimination probes, is tapped the ex Maryland Attorney General as his personal attorney as an act of self preservation. This guy, Gregory Washington, is adi woke crusader and has sanctioned and demanded racial discrimination in practically everything George Mason University does. And if you're not familiar with George Mason, it is an enormous university in the Washington, DC area. It is the biggest university in the University of Virginia system, so coast to coast, all over the place, medical schools quietly maintain affirmative action. According to Jason Riley in The Wall Street Journal, some still use race to make admissions decisions, even though the Supreme.
Speaker 1: Court said it's illegal.
Speaker 3: I just heard a story yesterday of somebody who's apparently some sort of medical school star who has a whole bunch of options to go to different colleges for medical school, and interview has interviewed it's a couple where the first question was what's your pronouns? And this person does not swing that way politically, and thought, I'm not going to this school.
Speaker 1: Question number one to decide.
Speaker 3: If you want this star student to be in your medical school, what are your pronouns?
Speaker 1: How crazy is that?
Speaker 3: Prioritizing that a higher the prioritizing that at all, having it be part of it at all is crazy.
Speaker 1: But making that like the top thing.
Speaker 3: Are you are kind of people? Rather than whether or not you'd be a good doctor, right?
Speaker 4: I mean if it was like some sort of plumbers college, I would be thinking, well, that's stupid, because like there'll be leaks and bad plumbing if you make that a priority.
Speaker 1: This is like heart surgeons. Yeah, oh my god, it's obscene.
Speaker 4: Do No Harm, A watchdog group that opposes racial preferences analyze the last year's admissions data from twenty three public medical schools. It found that at twenty two of the twenty three Asian and white applicants who were accepted had higher medical college admission test scores than their black peers, and the data showed that at more than half of the schools, the average MCAT that's the big test score of Asian and white applicants who were rejected was higher than that of the mcat's score of black applicants who were accepted. And that there's a name for it, racism. Yeah, exactly, exactly. The Trump administration has launched a probe of the Duke Law Journal and warns their medical school is up next, as they are promoting racial preferences and racial standards for who gets to publish, who gets to be on the staff, who gets to earn the accolades. No white people need apply, honest to God, this is Duke University, but the law and medical schools. And then finally, that's a story in the Wall Street Journal by a film by the name of Colin Wright who was excluded at Cornell University from a job for which he was eminently qualified, maybe the most qualified guy in the country. They eliminated purely because he was a white man. And behind the scenes memos which were issued or found during the discovery process for this suit said yeah, no, we're not going to hire a white guy. Absolutely overt racism. Ricka's Universities coast to coast, Minnesota to Miami. It's unbelievable. It needs to take it apart, be taken apart. It's campus madness.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what happened? Then? I love that little exclamation for he stepped on a nail or something. Oh she saw the madness around here, you fool? Okay, wake up man.
Speaker 3: If you got the AI skills, Elon Zuckerberg what's his name?
Speaker 1: At Google?
Speaker 3: Those people want you and they're willing to throw crazy money at you. Got that in the fact that Chad GBT lied to me for the first time. We're uh, we're estranged right now on the way, stay.
Speaker 1: Here, armstrong, he Getty, Morning Jennifer, morning her? He calls, no messages, no bail. How about lunch, no lunch, busy? Okay, how about later in my place? You are married her. I'm Mandy Travis, the new Programmed record. Sorry, got a meeting. We'll talk later. Did you last that long? One of the best? Would you like to see? The big guy, the big guy, the skipper, the chief, the head, han choke, the jerk who runs his place.
Speaker 3: Lonnie Anderson died yesterday and she was a big deal for ten fifteen years. As a hatty tabloid star. So there you are a toxic max masculinity on display there in a way that would not be accepted in the modern world.
Speaker 1: Oh, indeed, disgusting. Is anyone worth a billion dollars?
Speaker 3: Well, Mark Zuckerberg thinks this woman, Mira Murretti, is worth a billion dollars if she take the job, but she's not going to it looks like because she's got other offers or wants to start her own thing.
Speaker 1: She's one of your top AI experts. And right now.
Speaker 3: The leaders in AI that'd be open Ai, that's Chad gp tis Anthropic, which I'm not as familiar with. Google and Zuckerberg are all in competition for the best AI researchers in the world. And it's like being a star quarterback or a power forward or you know, a long hitting third basement. You can make that kind of money, well more than that kind of money. No, Yeah, nobody's gotten a billion dollars before. Miretti is the former top person in open AI, and she has a startup that's worth a whole bunch of money and all kinds of stuff like that. But anyway, according to The Wall Street Journal, Zuckerberg tried to hire other people from that company. They all declined to jump ship. He went after the top person, offered more than a billion dollar pay package.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say others have found Zuckerberg's offers too big to pass up. A twenty four year old researcher named Matt Deepkey said yes to a salary of two one hundred and fifty million over four years. WHOA, and I assume that's guaranteed money. It's not like you know some of your sports contracts. And again, this is not the number for the acquisition of a company. It's the acquisition for a single employee. There are rumors out there, according to the Wall Street Journal, of much higher salary offers that.
Speaker 1: Have been thrown out there. Wow for these people.
Speaker 3: So you're saying a lot correctly that some of the hype here around AI is coming from companies that stand to benefit from it. True, But Zuckerberg and Elon and Google aren't throwing these kind of salaries at people just out of trying to pump up the look of AI.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's straight out of the don't worry about what they say, watch what they do department. What they're doing is offering a gal a billion dollars to come work for them instead of her own company.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty strong statement.
Speaker 4: I was reading that the percentage of the growth in our economy that's like just AI is a little shock. Yes, it is, because there are zillions of dollars being poured into that right now. But this looks like in five years. I wish I knew. I hope to be around to find out.
Speaker 3: Like I use chat GPT all the time, as I have said now, I don't google, I chat GPT, but I didn't get lied to over the weekend, which was troubling, really troubling. As I've mentioned, I'm attempting for the twentieth time into my life to read Ulysses by James Joyce, and I'm sticking with it this time, and I'm well through chapter two, which is further than I've ever gotten in my life. But I had a question about something, and I've been going to chat GPT and it's been very, very helpful. But it gave me an answer on one of the characters, and I thought, wow, I am really lost. I thought we were reading the inner dialogue of a completely different person. How did I miss that? I went back through the to the first chapter and try to pick up where I got lost, Like, this is a major point. I can't I can't read the book and be this far off of reading an entire chapter of inner dialogue.
Speaker 1: And I got the wrong character. I was right, it was wrong. It just got it wrong, and very confidently got it wrong. Leopold Bloom. The main character was not who was being discussed at this point. It was someone else.
Speaker 3: And I thought, Okay, how often has this happened already when I didn't catch it, or how often would it happen the future where I don't catch it? That's troubling. I mean, like, man, how did it make a mistake that big?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, reminds me the whole when they write about your industry and the newspaper, you realize, wow, that's totally inaccurate. But I'm sure everything else they write about is accurate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I should have argued with it, like smart people do. Maybe I can go back and still do that, pick up in the conversation and say, hey, hey, hey, chat GPT or Fred or whatever I'm supposed to call it.
Speaker 1: You realize you got that completely wrong? Right? That character doesn't show up until chapter two, and see how it reacts.
Speaker 3: If it argues with me, it says my bad, Or do it now? What did this information cost you? Is what I would say to chat GPT. He paid nothing for this? What do you expect?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no kidding, what are you on for nothing?
Speaker 3: But you know, we've talked about the law cases where a lawyer's cruising along getting great info from chat GPT, You use a piece and then in court somebody challenges it and turns out to be completely funny.
Speaker 1: It's a problem case that never existed. Ye yeah.
Speaker 4: Indeed, another thing I was writing about AI the big consulting companies are they're getting ready for a massive earthquake under them. This article is about McKinsey, which is a legendary business consulting group. But as they point out, the elite armies, the alert firms, armies of consultant have helped generations of CEOs blah blah blah. Artificial intelligence can increasingly do the work done by the firm's highly paid consultants, often within minutes. So it can like analyze all of the business data the structure of your business, churn out a power point and a deck of suggestions, and all in seconds.
Speaker 1: So what do they do anymore?
Speaker 4: And interestingly the answer was, well, they're now rapidly deploying thousands of AI agents. Those bots now assist consultants in building PowerPoint texts.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, attacks an AI agent.
Speaker 4: And so I had to click on that link and go read about what an AI agent is exactly, And as far as they can tell, it's kind of like an app, but I need to keep reading.
Speaker 3: You would think there'd be more people that have the skills, that it wouldn't be a one human worth a billion dollars, but you know, apparently that's the case at least currently.
Speaker 1: Get into an openhe Oppenheimer or you know, Thomas Edison. Yeah, if you're young man, learn how to do AI or not. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty