Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Zeit The Beam you Sacra Trendo King's courtesy of Jeff Chrisco on Twitter. I am Jack you like that is the geist child?
Speaker 2: The guy this legitim this is legit.
Speaker 1: Guy's child is Miles is midfeeding right now. Just giving him the ship out of out of this thing.
Speaker 3: And you'll hear tomorrow the whole. I did the episode with him as well. It was real fun.
Speaker 2: And but I will say this, as a society, we need to be giving a minimum fucking like twelve weeks off fucking parents at a minimum. It's wild like her majesty gets more because she's in a union, but it's like you got to be in a fucking union to like.
Speaker 3: Get that kind of guaranteed time off.
Speaker 2: Anyway, all that to say, shout out the parents every time.
Speaker 1: And shout out to the guyst child are unbelievable, all right. Super producer Brian was making fun of me for my outrage heading into this episode over a story that I can't believe is not front page news, Like I started googling around for it. I was like, well, surely you guys covered this. When I was out.
Speaker 4: Very little we didn't.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't. And like I said, don't call me Shirley.
Speaker 1: Subway has pasta. I saw the ad overbreak, and so I think I just like, for some reason this.
Speaker 4: TV TV ad.
Speaker 1: I think it was like on the Women's Final Four, like they just put put an ad out, like yeah, Subway has pasta now, and it's just straight up pasta, not like a pasta salad, not like a side of pasta salad. It's straight up there, like we're.
Speaker 4: Olive garden now.
Speaker 1: And it is so strange to me that we as the body politic, have not rejected this like a bad transplant. I find it so upsetting and that like.
Speaker 3: It feels like they've just jumped the shark. It's like you don't know what you're doing anymore.
Speaker 1: You're doing It's I don't know why. It doesn't seem like it should be the sort of thing that doesn't make sense to me, like supers or Brian was like, yeah, why wouldn't they of course, like all you need is like very cheap ingredients. You already have a bunch of the ingredients on site, and yet it doesn't make sense. Delis are known to have pasta. I don't I don't know why, but the Subway having pasta really upsets me.
Speaker 4: Doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Itause I always suspect that, like all of Subway's ingredients are like very synthetic, and I guess that would be easy to pull off as a pasta too, But it just feels like Subway is very is so limally in what you're.
Speaker 3: Saying because the food is so fake.
Speaker 2: How dare they go for something like pasta that is like real normal food?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I even multiple meatball subs from there. Why wouldn't I expect a place that serves meatball subs to pasta. I have no explanation for why this is so upsetting to me, but I assumed when I was out for two weeks that this was the only thing you guys were talking about. I was like, oh, man, I can't wait to come back and hear miles of subway pasta takes verer dos.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for coming on the daily day guys. Man, what the bus is going on.
Speaker 1: At the Kennedy Center. I couldn't help but notice that during your acceptance speech, you didn't mention Subway having pasta at all.
Speaker 2: And I know Narendramodi basically threatened you with jailing because of your your speech about the two Indias. I just felt like there was maybe a little room for you to bring up the very real issue of positive subway.
Speaker 3: But anyway, no, I'll good.
Speaker 4: I'll good, I'll get No.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not here to tell you how to do your job, but I'm saying if I was you, that's what I just giving me.
Speaker 4: Ideas for free. So all right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Trump released some new NFTs featuring him crossing the Delaware. That was the only one that really stuck in my brain.
Speaker 2: I love seeing though, how they did like the little George Washington p tail like with him, and he's got kind of like this long version and it is kind of it's funny, that's it's like this long haired version.
Speaker 3: I feel like mine would be longer, even longer and actually if.
Speaker 4: Luxuriant.
Speaker 3: Despite him using like a monocular kind of thing. Is that what you call that?
Speaker 2: Like just the one because I find no? Oh is that also a monocle, like the like the half of a binocular? Oh?
Speaker 4: I think those are called telescopes.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, yeah, that makes sense. That's me just using my non Latin degree to be like and that is a monocular.
Speaker 4: Look through my monocular.
Speaker 2: Good man, come close, son, we're gonna look at the stars. Do my monocular we called a telescope.
Speaker 1: Shut it.
Speaker 4: You make me look.
Speaker 3: In front of my boss again. And then this one is like kind of a this is a Aerosmith trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think the bandana on the mic stand is very Stephen Tyler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, that's him rocking out.
Speaker 1: Way too few bandanas on the mic stand to be Stephen Tyler.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, you play you're playing a less Paul Like, dude, come on, dude, like if you're really rocking, like I can already tell.
Speaker 3: What you're playing because you got that less pat.
Speaker 2: I'm not throwing shade at that, but the that's the plus Paul.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think you do. You go harder Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh and then they took the same one then put him on a motorcycle while playing a guitar.
Speaker 4: It's very all ship like they just straight up took that image and.
Speaker 1: Put it on top of a motor a motorcycle between facial expression.
Speaker 2: Then the worst one, which is like brute force photo shopping his head onto like a way fitter dude's body, but he's serving up clip art of barbecue, like a grilled food on a plate. Like it's all weird clip art mashed together in this one.
Speaker 1: These are all hilarious circumstances to imagine Donald Trump in Yeah, on a boat, on a small boat, trying to cross the Delaware at night, under cover of dark, quietly but.
Speaker 2: Holding your telescope, holding your monocular as I say, like at a weird angle, like even a weird.
Speaker 4: Angle, yeah, to suggest through it.
Speaker 1: It's all for effect, right, But I'd love to hear him get get on the guitar, get on the mic, and do a little rockabilly thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's like you want to hear blackbird?
Speaker 2: Get it over?
Speaker 1: Trying to play a guitar while riding a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: And then, for whatever reason, the one that I.
Speaker 1: Feel like he would have the most trouble with is trying to work a grill. Oh yeah, pair of slats in the backyard with a dog right next to him. I feel like that would freak him out. I feel like he would try and kill that bug.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of thing where like his humiliation that like over and not being able to use a grill would lead to like right wing takes and like cooking ink for men even if you're barbecuing right, you know, it's like, what what about like pit masters and American man should have no no, sorry, that's not by America.
Speaker 4: Hell no, uh, Frank Ocean. We talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's just I just wanted to bring it up because the weirdest rumor that I had heard in the aftermath was that he was supposed to have designed the concert around a giant skating rank in the middle of the desert and then had like scrapped it last second.
Speaker 4: And it turns out that is true.
Speaker 1: Like that seems to be the one that has come through as like what actually happened, which I'd love to see that. I wonder if that's that's maybe what we'll see second week, that would be cool.
Speaker 3: He shows up, right, I don't know. Part of me seems like is his ego so damnaged at this point? Like what does he do?
Speaker 1: I mean, if he saw that York show, maybe maybe he's maybe he comes through. I haven't seen it, but I've read descriptions of it, and she had a full orchestra. She was wearing a chain link fence, among other things, and it just sounded wild. She like finished the show by like entering a giant hamster ball and just like leaving stage. But it just sounded People said it was like so maximalist and incredible and just like everything you would want.
Speaker 4: So Alex g.
Speaker 1: That was the only Coachella set that I streamed, and.
Speaker 4: It was dope, let's take a quick break, We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back. That's me kissing my baby, not Jack.
Speaker 1: I remember when you used to give me baby kisses when we were in the same place, and I remember.
Speaker 2: I said, look, Jack, things are going to change when I become my daddy. You know you're not You're no longer a baby. You're no longer baby who gets the baby kisses.
Speaker 4: And I've been practicing my little baby noises and they voice is too deep.
Speaker 1: Dude, voice just sounds like I'm burping or just like moaning, like oh what everything all right?
Speaker 4: They're all right.
Speaker 1: CBC's Twitter account got branded with the Elon Musk government funding, but he said seventy percent government funded media. He put that label on because they object to the fact that they made it sound like they were fully government funded. But then he was like, actually, you know what would be epic if I changed it to sixty nine percent. So I did that, and then he continues to When reached for comment for a media story, he always.
Speaker 4: Responds with the poop emoji. So it's just it's like.
Speaker 1: The that's what she said thing, whereas like a thing that is objectively you know, funny. People came up with it and did it in the first place. Now sucks and we'll never be able to be used again, uh forever.
Speaker 3: Because you ruined sixty nine for us.
Speaker 1: The Homer Simpsons assassins sneakers or I guess is it is it ned Flanders. I feel like I said, I've seen ned Flanders.
Speaker 3: That is the reason Homer is put on.
Speaker 1: Like once them they're like these Nike assassins with the attack line joined the conspiracy. This was an early episode. This was season two of The Simpsons.
Speaker 3: And it's from season two.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, that's what it says.
Speaker 1: Also, the footwear design is like pretty accurate too today. That's why I'm having a really hard time believing that this was season two.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, but if you think of so many shoes now, like there's there's like five sneaker designs that came out by like nineteen ninety's to this day like timeless. So like I'm not you know, because it looks like it's half of like the Bo Jackson air traineris. Yeah, there's like they're kind of combining a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: Anyways, you can now buy those from a company called Retro for one hundred and eighty dollars, which of course there are five people who got to buy it for that, and now the reselling market takes over and they're presumably going to be thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, it is interesting how they did it. It looks like what they're using is a knockoff air.
Speaker 3: Jordan four soul.
Speaker 2: Interesting, like if you look at if you look at the actual sneaker that that is based off of, that lower half is the air Jordan four mm hmm with like the little Ridge like little Shark fan before the bubble.
Speaker 3: Look, all right, this doesn't have to be like sneaker. Yeah, yeah, it's this podcast.
Speaker 1: But what you're saying, they actually don't look like the ones that Netflanner, or at least not what the ones Ned Flanders was rocking in the episode. Made me think of it just looks like a Jordan three Jordan four body with like some embellishments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hey, look for those of us who are Simpson's brains like you and I, I mean, I like the idea, but the shoe doesn't look enough like the fucking ones and the thing that I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Excited, Yeah, I wouldn't buy these the Sirhan Sirhans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they look like shit.
Speaker 1: Super Mario Brothers appears to be ready to join the one billion dollar box office club. Wow, it earned eighty seven million dollars in its weekend, which is pretty incredible, and like, you know, the first weekend was way more than people expected, but like also the second weekend.
Speaker 4: Is way more.
Speaker 1: Even after the first weekend, people are like, well, it'll drop this much and that's just in the US. Yeah, that was just but I don't know, I saw people like av Club was like, if the Mario movie makes a billion dollars, we might really be screwed. And they're basically saying that this is our future now is just all terrible video game movies already?
Speaker 2: Do these people actually are they looking at the entertainment industry like there's so many video game movies or like the Last of Us just came out that it's I think pretty well known that the studios are looking at video games as ip and they're like, Hey, those come with built in fan bases that we can just crank out the numbers with if we do it right. So I don't know if that's necessarily the thing, but it also sounds like the take of someone who doesn't like realize that, like it's not because they're going to be like, oh my god, Mario Super Mario doing well means any video game film is going to do well. We're talking about the most fucking recognizable video game character, like all.
Speaker 4: Of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they say, quote if this damn thing breaks the billion dollar mark, the Delusia. I thought this was going to be a damn metaphor, but no, the deluge of gaming fleg bullshit that's going to start spewing out of Hollywood is going to be truly unimaginable. But like, I don't know, it feels like we've gotten two things that are the best adaptations of video games, like or at least the best mainstream with the Last of Us, and now this seems to I don't know, people seem to really enjoy this, and the thing that they did with it was just make it almost straight up a like a less story more just like fun things from the video game. Right, So if I would imagine that they like might have figured some things out here and video game movies might get better. Video game movies were going to happen regardless. Yeah, they've been.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, there was a fucking Max Payin video game movie with fucking Mark Wahlberg in two thousand and eight. I remember, and I was like, I'm not going to see that shit. But again, because it's not the like, the most recognizable character, there's just.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's so funny. This take is just very odd to me.
Speaker 1: Like well, and also like that movie didn't seem like it had that much in common with what I would want if I liked that video game, Like, would I want just a straight up action movie starring Mark Wahlberg as a guy with the same name as the shooter that I liked playing, you know.
Speaker 3: Right right right? Hey was that bullet time though?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We were back tomorrow with the whole lest episode of the show until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Fight Bye, m
Speaker 2: M hm