Speaker 1: It's nine oh gene one o engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Well, well, well, here we are again with another nine or two on OMG.
Speaker 2: You guys wait, this was nine or two and oh we watched Yeah it was. I'm not sure, not sure, not sure what show I watch.
Speaker 1: But there's so much in this episode. Oh my god, Amy, are your first thing at the scene?
Speaker 3: You know she is beyond I'm hoping you'll say we can talk about Valerie first. But my bigger question for you guys is this, Okay, the first of all I guess it is who has the best game? Like, you know, like Brandon goes in for the kiss and the what's his doozy goes in for the kiss? Mark? Is that his name? Mark? It's so early. I need to know early. Do you guys think has game in this episode?
Speaker 4: Right in Jenna? I don't know I feel about that.
Speaker 1: I need like a coffee or I don't even drink coffee.
Speaker 4: Can you lub us up first before you just think?
Speaker 3: Sorry? So sorry, you're so gass right, because there's a lot of new guys, but we still have brands.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who doesn't have any game?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't go there yet.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: There's two people that I see that don't even have game yet. Well one for sure Mark.
Speaker 3: You can't say Mark because he totally went in for that kiss at the Halloween Haunted house.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean he's got game, That's what I'm asking you. That means he grabs girls and kisses them without consent. No, you liked it. I did not say yes, you may kiss me.
Speaker 4: I didn't see your liking it, did you.
Speaker 1: Guys know that you have to actually eat My daughter Fiona told me this last night. You have to actually say the word why eat s yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You have to say yes now. That's consent. Consent means yes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Teenagers are supposed to say like, may I kiss you?
Speaker 1: May I kiss you?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Is it okay? And someone says sure or okay? That is not consent. Now y ees, you have to say the word yes.
Speaker 4: That's kind of nice. I know I got like butterflies there.
Speaker 1: What if anybody ever asked me how I felt about a kiss?
Speaker 3: Nobody asked me, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm the only single one here, So in the future, someone's gonna have to say, may I kiss you, and I have to say why.
Speaker 3: I like the concept of it. I like the concept of it, but I also like how how that Mark guy went in for it and you were happy about it.
Speaker 1: No, she wasn't. You guys know, if anybody that knows Kelly knows I don't know if it's anybody that knows me or knows Kelly, but if anybody knows me right or both of you, then they could tell all over her face, by her actions, by my acting, by my body language, everything not.
Speaker 4: Everything was shut down.
Speaker 3: May I raise a few.
Speaker 1: She's a good lip kiss her. She is faking it, but.
Speaker 4: Not even well no offense.
Speaker 2: And he kind of doesn't even fake it well like he I feel like.
Speaker 4: The lost confidence he was like.
Speaker 1: Because he probably felt that it wasn't reciprocated. Y'all, Amy, you're saying, yeah, but she went on the drive with him. I'm kind of talking about Jenny.
Speaker 3: I guess yes, I get that, because she also says, oh wow, way to go. You like gave him props when he did it, and then you kind of like basically start dating him because then you go on the drive, and I get it, You're not like you acknowledge you didn't like do anything with him? Do you know what I mean? Wait?
Speaker 1: Can we just go to Val first? Because I feel like this is a disservice.
Speaker 4: We can we even just say what we're talking about first?
Speaker 1: Okay, you wanted to talk about Val and I hijacked it with because no, we're talking about consent.
Speaker 3: No, because I talked about games. So we will follow up on who's got game? Because that does the fireman have game?
Speaker 4: We eyes set the stage.
Speaker 1: He's hot, but does he have game?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a problem when I am the rule follower telling you guys.
Speaker 4: Stay on point.
Speaker 3: Look, I want to get juicy right from the start. But yes, let's do our business.
Speaker 4: Fine, all right?
Speaker 1: This is season seven, Episode seven, Fearless. Oh I love that song? Aired October thirtieth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: It's only nineteen ninety six. Still, why do I think it was nineteen ninety seven? By no?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 4: Synopsis.
Speaker 2: Kenny gets caught in quite the wicked web. He's thinking abortion, but Valerie is thinking extortion. Steve tries to use an escorts to get back at Claire, who's developed a thing for Dick, while Kelly is wondering Mark. He is wondering if Mark is the best of both worlds. David is devastated after picking fun over family, and Brandon goes slow with Tracy despite being invited.
Speaker 1: Oh that was the best. I think that was the best synopsis we've ever had. Directed by Harvey Frost, who dat and written by Larry Mullin.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you guys, I know we want to talk about game, we want to talk about Valve. But my Harvey thing is, I just felt the tone of this whole episode was so vastly different than anything and oh, here we go this it's a new director, correct for something.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It was so different. I felt like everyone's performances were different.
Speaker 1: It's the lighting was different. Everything about the show was different.
Speaker 2: Everything the music. It's like it wanted to be Melroe's place. But then it was even cheesy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There were certain cringey moments of like what he who's the who wrote this? And who's acting this? Like I didn't even recognize the actors within these scenes.
Speaker 3: I didn't notice any of this. What are you talking about? I was just totally in I'm like, there's so many stories at the.
Speaker 1: Same time, I was like in, but I was out, but I was in so dig into that more, Like, tell me more of what you guys, Like, what do you mean by the lighting?
Speaker 3: Like what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: The lighting different.
Speaker 1: It looks like the lighting I have on my face right now. It's like a blaring blight right over lit shadows on the walls of the people in the scene.
Speaker 4: Did you see booms shadows?
Speaker 1: I didn't see any booms because I was so mesmerized by the bad lighting.
Speaker 3: Could that be because it was hard to light that haunted house.
Speaker 2: Or it wasn't even that, No, it was it was in the wall hoouse, it was everywhere the beach house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it bothered me a lot, a lot. I'm not alone really bad, But that's because we have very critical eyes.
Speaker 3: You guys did not notice.
Speaker 1: So Amy saying like, as a super fan, you were super into it, which I was too. I don't know about you, Tor, but it sounds like you were invested in the storylines in order to hate them.
Speaker 3: My only note on the lighting is like the power went out, so they had the light that Like you know what I mean, I didn't notice it being weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that was like maybe there was a big focus on the episode as far as like the lighting department because of the scene when the power went out.
Speaker 3: And the haunted house had to be lit in a different way. So maybe I mean I noticed lighting because there was so many things.
Speaker 1: I was noticing lighting, just like in the scene on the actors' faces. It felt like very flat and bright and like very a bad TV show.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yes, but then at times they tried to be like very cinematic with it and like shade with the shades, you know, like so it was just really took me out of all of this.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what shades? Tell me more?
Speaker 1: What's the scene with Donna when the lights went out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh got it? Yeah, that was interesting. I was more focused on, like, what was gonna happen with you and Cliff. I'm not feeling the chemistry there, that's the one.
Speaker 1: I'm not either, But I am feeling your hairdoo and your makeup and your outfit. In the first scene, it was I am sorry, no offense distracting. I was distracted by your look, and I was distracted by Kelly's look, and I was distracted by Claire's look, and I was distracted by Valve look all the aggressively.
Speaker 2: So Jen, wait, what is this? It's like an overall thing in this episode? Is this double direction? This is a whole new crew. I feel like this is a double up.
Speaker 1: Yes, weird thing.
Speaker 2: He's like blown away right now that we're like going this is like because glad you agree with all that?
Speaker 4: What everything? Yeah? The wardrobe, everything was it was all just yeah.
Speaker 2: Donna's look it was like a wow wow, like an old times stewardess, like mixed with like was that.
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Was that attractive to Cliff?
Speaker 4: Was he?
Speaker 1: Is he into Nancy Drew.
Speaker 3: Meets he likes Donna? I'll say that. But the chemistry is there's none.
Speaker 2: Which is weird because they dated him in real life and kiss him in real life. No chemistry on the show.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm go.
Speaker 1: You have you dated a lot of your co stars, like the get the little love interests. I feel like I've heard you say like three times night, three times now maybe Cliff the guy before him, these two that's it and then there's one more?
Speaker 4: No, well, duh, David, was there another there's another? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Casper? Yeah, Oh my god, realization someone.
Speaker 4: Had to do it. You guys were all in relationships, someone had to go for the guest stars.
Speaker 1: Somebody had to have fun. I'm glad you did.
Speaker 4: It, Thank you. I never went like home run with anyone, like just kisses, like made up the end of.
Speaker 1: I don't need to tell us.
Speaker 4: Well, I just don't want anyone think I was a fluozy.
Speaker 1: You don't anyone to think you're a fluozy.
Speaker 3: No, let's get back to the chemistry and then or we can go through it with storylines and the storyline.
Speaker 1: Storyline.
Speaker 3: Storyline.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, this whole episode, I never thought I would see this happen on Beverly Hills, Nina too. One episode with extortion, abortion and escorts. Yeah, I know, Wow, I.
Speaker 3: Want to talk about the escort thing because that's I don't know.
Speaker 1: That, says Steve. Storyline. Let's talk about vow because she's so good in this storyline. It's just written, so it's really really overwritten, really like, yeah.
Speaker 3: So she's not pregnant, right, we all agree. Now she even acknowledges you can fake a pregnancy test, like.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she goes to the doctor and then she leaves and was like, I didn't even have an appointment anyway.
Speaker 2: That's right, she's just not holding her back with the big belly all.
Speaker 4: This is what we do when we're really pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the hot girl in there is like never mind.
Speaker 3: So do we think like she just decided this guy's not leaving, so I'm gonna like this is all premeditated, right, Like she decided this guy's not gonna leave his wife, I'm sick of him. I'm gonna extort money from him.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna destroy him.
Speaker 2: Basically, Wait, oh wait, I feel like she was falling for him, Like I don't think it was that premeditated reel, Like she panicked, she's getting pissed, and then she went down a road that she couldn't come back from, so she had to keep going.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I think you're right that she wanted him to leave. Yeah, but she just now knows he's never going to and he's always you know, she's always just like tenth banana. And now she's like pulling a valerie, which is what I don't care for her about. Like that's the thing that I'm like, okay, because he's actually just the average guy that does this. He's not particularly horrible. She's dating a married guy, like why didn't she know what she was getting into.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't say he's not particularly horrible and he's and he's a married guy dating. You can't say those two things in the same sentence.
Speaker 3: It's like true, but he is the average bad married guy.
Speaker 4: He's not extra very basic, very basic. She could do better if she's really going to go for that type.
Speaker 3: And also, you know what you were getting into, Like what part of this did you not know? Like you did this, you choo chose this.
Speaker 1: But he said he was leaving his wife. You guys, he lied.
Speaker 3: And then she figured it out, and she still just continued.
Speaker 4: She wanted to see how far she could get.
Speaker 1: She thought she could win him over. Yeah, she could turn.
Speaker 2: Him, and that somehow would satisfy something an abandonment in her.
Speaker 3: Let me throw something crazy out there, though. What's interesting to me is that Valerie is so like intent on him leaving. I feel like Valerie would be perfectly fine with this setup, right, Yeah, like having the apartment, having him give her money, having him be around when he's around, and then she just would also have like other guys or whatever, like she would just do what he's doing. So I'm confused. Like to me, I feel like she would go with this setup. He's getting her business going, he's given her money, he's getting investors, she's got this apartment, he gives her attention. I'm not so sure she would actually have been so like you need to leave.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's an ego thing. Maybe, like she's just pissed that she didn't accomplish what she set out to accomplish with him.
Speaker 4: She's so crafty though, Yeah, that is surprising. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think she would have been happy just being like the other woman? And she was.
Speaker 3: Happy with Dylan being the other woman basically, even though she sort of complained that.
Speaker 1: She's I think she likes to be the only woman. I don't think vals ever would ever become terable in a world where she's like second fiddle.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, they wrote it the way Jenny saying it, because she's going for vengeance.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't feel in character.
Speaker 3: I agree. I feel like she would have just been happy with this, like, great, my business is back, I've got money, he's got this apartment for me. Like this seems like her she likes.
Speaker 4: This, Like it suddenly went to a lifetime movie.
Speaker 3: She did it was she was happy to be the other woman with Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is now a lifetime movie starring Tiffany Abrothiesen.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I thought, And I thought, oh my god, this is such a good lifetime movie. Yes, at that scene at the car outside under the trees, she looked like an angel and her acting was so committed, and the diapers dropping off.
Speaker 3: The diapers was as lifetimey as you get.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, with her staying in the shot in the car until the lady turns around and says, Kenny, what's this diapers drop off all about?
Speaker 3: And then he says it took me hours to convince her nothing was going on. Well, bro, everything's going on. What are you talking about? Like that guy Kenny is just he's just that guy. He's just that guy.
Speaker 1: It's so sad I was. I was so hopeful for her. Honestly, even though she was being it was a deviant set, it was not right from the beginning. I still was hopeful for her.
Speaker 3: They cast him well because he plays the creepy married guys really well.
Speaker 1: One hundred k y'all for half.
Speaker 3: A million dollars. She's got half a million dollars.
Speaker 4: She's a smart clee that he was gonna ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, ten thousand dollars would have been like fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's still a.
Speaker 2: Lot of money this palatial patty has for her and he's gonna just like write her off.
Speaker 3: And does she yeah, does she still get to keep that apartment? Or is that gone?
Speaker 4: I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming it's gone.
Speaker 1: He's a guess it. Yeah, it's it's history.
Speaker 3: I mean, how rich is that guy too? Because if he just gave her a one hundred thousand dollars, which would be like half a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe he's just getting that money from one of his clients accounts, just peeling it off the top.
Speaker 3: Oh, like he's an extortionist himself.
Speaker 4: Probably makes sense, right because how would he be so rich?
Speaker 3: And he is below Jim Walsh And Jim Walsh isn't that doesn't have spare hundred thousands.
Speaker 1: Well, our Jimmy doesn't like to flaunt his money. You know, he doesn't waste it on it on now backwaxing or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, he only spends it on suspenders.
Speaker 1: I still enjoyed the storyline, you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it totally.
Speaker 3: It's still going so true.
Speaker 1: Well he's coming back.
Speaker 3: Well there's it just still goes.
Speaker 4: Okay, is it gonna get creepier?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think I don't think he's done. Somebody checked that, because the storyline definitely still goes.
Speaker 2: I thought you said she's gonna like Derail is not not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Well you all find out too, like Kelly gets in on it, and I think Racy gets in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scandalous.
Speaker 3: I can't remember every specific thing. I think he comes He's not done, right, somebody check. I don't think he's done.
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk about storyline number two?
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, which one do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go like Claire and Steve. Oh my goodness, an open relationship. That's what Claire wants.
Speaker 3: The nine two one on newsroom has reported two more episodes with Kenny, which I yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brandon Walsh and Tracy whatever your last name is for that information. Back to you, back to you live in the studio, Claire, have got me sort of just like.
Speaker 4: Stop and why is he saying? Like honey and baby and sweet, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And he doesn't want the open relationship and she does so crazy.
Speaker 2: His dialogue is wildly different than any dialogue ste Sanders has ever said.
Speaker 4: And why would she go.
Speaker 1: From being jealous about him putting lotion on that girl's back to her wanting having to have an open relationship. That's it's like not congruous.
Speaker 3: May I say, anyone in the cag House has five thousand sorority girls that would go with them to the Halloween party at the peach Pit after dark? But Steve, nobody in the Keg House, which is like the top fraternity needs to get an escort service. It's just can we just talk about escorts bananamas as anything of all time? I mean, it's like he can just go to your sorority. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's completely well, he isn't wanting one to bonkers because he doesn't he wants to get Claire back.
Speaker 4: It just wasn't written.
Speaker 3: It's totally crazy. If you want to get Claire back, get a cool girl from school that potentially could be something, and then she would be like wait, like.
Speaker 2: Who okayed that storyline? Who escort service? Like who thought that was who was like at.
Speaker 1: An escort service thinking ooh, this would be.
Speaker 4: Age at twenty one, Like I just think it's so.
Speaker 3: And also the insistence that the escort service is just purely escorts.
Speaker 1: Was this like during the Heidi Flies But.
Speaker 3: They're like so insistent that it isn't that type of escort service? So fun fact, guys, Yeah, you can name. I have a trivia question for you. Yes, the lady that runs the escort I was about to ask you that. Oh she's somebody, she sure is she was? Was she a host on like e T or oh?
Speaker 4: She?
Speaker 3: Would you like me to tell you? Or do you want to try and guess? You want clues? What do you want? Clue?
Speaker 4: Clue?
Speaker 1: Sydney Cole?
Speaker 3: Okay, so she is the mother of someone very famous at the time, she was reasonably famous, and she was married to someone very very famous.
Speaker 1: Which who are we talking about? What's the actress's name?
Speaker 3: If I tell you the name, it's gonna ruin it. I mean, because you guys should know who she is by her name.
Speaker 4: Gloria Lauren, Lauria Lauring. Do you know what she is?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Yes, was married to Oh you got.
Speaker 3: It, Come on, you've got it, Alan Thick, Alan Thick, I'm sorry. She's Robin Thick's.
Speaker 2: Mom, Robin Think's mom, and Brian and Robin were super good friends.
Speaker 3: And she sang and I'll be your friend and I'll be And also she I believe wrote with Alan Thick, you take the good, you take the bad take.
Speaker 4: Were the song for growing Pains.
Speaker 3: Nope, but she also wrote I Think with Alan Thick and the world don't move to the bea to just Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I love our singalongs. Those are fun.
Speaker 4: Wasn't she on Young and the Restless too, She did a lot more.
Speaker 3: She's alive too, Like we got to see if she would come on Lorraene? Can we ask me where Lauren would come?
Speaker 1: I would be her characters like I gotta get to my tea time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gloria Lauring amazing, crazy like just out of nowhere casting, and I loved it. Wait, So David and Robin were friends even back then. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brian and Robin were friends since like childhood.
Speaker 3: And Robin was just like a regular old kid because he didn't start singing until like a little later.
Speaker 2: So he was always on set with us A few years younger.
Speaker 4: He grew up on set with us.
Speaker 3: Like, my favorite part of The Mass Singer is when Robin Thick sings, I mean the best. I actually think he sang the Different Strokes theme one time on Mass Singer he did yeah, I think he did. Yes, he did no, no, no, no, he sang I'm sorry. He sang the Growing Pains one. You're right, he sang as long as we got each we got the world.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I was near that. It was really amazing.
Speaker 3: Why do they not do theme songs anymore?
Speaker 1: Those are so good?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But I want to point out you guys, yes, that in nineteen ninety five is when a documentary was made about her prostitute Heidi Flies the Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so this is all It's all tied on the rad I love doing that. It's all tied to that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I guess she's like the Heidi Flies inspired character.
Speaker 4: That's cool then, Okay, I like it more now.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get more into that, but it is. That's why it's deep, because they always loved to know. It's the same thing with the Olympic mentions.
Speaker 3: They'd love to do that. Yeah, okay, Heidi Flies was in ninety five. It feels that feels so long ago for that whole scandal. That's the first documentary that I'm seeing. That's when she got like busted.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I think that was early two thousands.
Speaker 3: I want to know another fun fact? Hold on, let me see Heidie Flies does Heidi Flies got arrested in ninety three, so that makes sense. Ninety five. Wow, that feels like it feels like it was in the two thousands. So do you know what another fun fact?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 3: You know who Heidi Flice's brother is.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Isn't it Mike Flice who created The Bachelor? Oh? I might be wrong, they might not be related.
Speaker 4: Oh i'd ben though. Can we go with that?
Speaker 3: Cousins second cousins, Sorry, not brothers, sisters, second cousins. Interesting but still related.
Speaker 4: What is she up to nowadays?
Speaker 3: I think she has birds?
Speaker 4: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she raises birds on a bird farm of some kind where.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, a bird farm like a chicken rand.
Speaker 3: No, she actually has a big bird thing. I just know there's birds, birds, birds.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like birds too, But that's quite a career pivot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does to cover up. Yeah, she wants to save birds.
Speaker 1: Oh, bless her heart. So okay, he gets an escort. She's adorable.
Speaker 3: She was adorable.
Speaker 4: She she looks familiar.
Speaker 3: Kimmi Ko. Her name is Kimmiko and sheme famous to me.
Speaker 1: She was fun and I liked her energy, how about you?
Speaker 3: And also I liked her awesomes. She was like, yeah, I'm awesome. I didn't like when Claire came at her. That wasn't nice.
Speaker 1: Rude Claire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Claire was a hooker, That's not nice.
Speaker 4: She was best known for starring the television series Rags to Riches. Remember that.
Speaker 3: I remember Rags to Riches. It was like a singing It was a singing show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, that was like Annie eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rags to Riches was rat It didn't last long enough.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: It was only like one season.
Speaker 4: She's been a lot of stuff, you guys.
Speaker 3: She was on Rags to Riches. I'm looking at Oh, there she was, and she looks great. She played you know, Tisha Campbell was on Ragster Ishes.
Speaker 4: It's all come back now.
Speaker 1: Wait you know it? You know what the that that you knew this was going to happen when he goes and he picks. It gets in the catalog and he's looking through the available the papers caper. Oh my god. Even when the the knock of the door happens and you know somebody else is going to be there. I had no idea that it was going to be Kimmi Ko, But his reaction, I don't know. He was just even though this storyline was stupid, he was funny in it.
Speaker 3: Wait, so we obviously assume they are not going to have an open relationship right at the end.
Speaker 2: There, I don't care, Like, I don't care if they ever talk again. No, Like, I'm like they've gone from like yeah, and I'm pretty sure in that scene that Steve said dick, not dork.
Speaker 4: Wait, audio is different, right.
Speaker 1: When does he say dick?
Speaker 4: So he's like the scene.
Speaker 2: Where he's like, who, I already have a date and he's like who, and he like waves down the hall at school and he's like, oh, that guy's that guy. That guy's a it goes dork and on the back of his head. I was like, he fall ms a dick because he calls him Richard. At first, he's like, not Richard, and then he goes that guy's a he.
Speaker 1: Is a dick. He is dick. His name is dick.
Speaker 4: He is a dick. But I feel like Ian like was trying to be funny and then they're like, no, we can't do this.
Speaker 3: I just think that it was well it was I just want to quickly say that Tory's right. It was a little gaggy when he was like, but baby, baby.
Speaker 4: Like he doesn't call her that. I think he said honey in one scene.
Speaker 3: It's just I think he does sometimes. It's just like, really, like, nobody that young says honey. Do you know what I mean? When is there ever been a twenty something that's like maybe he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that young? Oops spoiler alert. David last want to.
Speaker 3: It makes me so sad. That was a sad ending that was very well done.
Speaker 1: Already talking about it. It's the end of the episode. Mel Mel Matthew Lawrence. My husband was watching the show and he was like, oh, Matthew Lawrence is on the show. How does the name it's it different Matthew Lawrence. Oh it's not the Joe Matthew And.
Speaker 3: Wait do you spell differently?
Speaker 4: Nineties con what the people wanted? Uh huh that at dinner?
Speaker 2: Uh? Someone said Matthew Lawrence and Jay Goes from our show.
Speaker 1: So weird that they have the same name.
Speaker 3: It's spelled differently though for people that want to know. And also, did you know the Lawrence brother's real last name is not Lawrence anyway? Well Trivia?
Speaker 4: What is it filled with?
Speaker 3: Trip? Is something else? It's not that at all? They changed it. Wow, I'll find out.
Speaker 1: We saw them at nineties conn did you did you talk to them?
Speaker 4: It did?
Speaker 3: Three of them there, Magnonia, their real last name is Mignonia. He is Joey Lawrence Mignonia.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that doesn't slow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like kind of interesting. I knew that because when.
Speaker 4: She urged so well, I agree.
Speaker 3: But when Cheryl Burke married Matthew Lawrence, her last name wouldn't have been Lawrence unless maybe he legally changed it. I don't know if they've legally changed it, but their last name there was definitely something different Megnonia.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want to talk about David now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sad.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was super random that David's at the peach bed talking to Vall and then all of a sudden he looks over and he's like, Dad, Well.
Speaker 1: That happens because there's an emergency kind of situation in the family, so he has to go tell David. I guess they didn't have a phone. I don't know, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I mean when he's picking, I'm getting pizza, I'm getting a pie for Aaron wanting.
Speaker 3: Bumping into somebody at the local joint, like that's where everybody goes gyues.
Speaker 1: It's just like fine, And he says that he wants David to come with him to celebrate his grandfather's birthday, but David doesn't want to go.
Speaker 3: Bill tell me.
Speaker 4: What to do.
Speaker 3: Like David was a little dumb about it. It's like, COO, see her.
Speaker 2: I feel like he was he went there on purpose, then if that's the reason to be otherwise it's just the other I mean, I guess I think that's.
Speaker 3: Possible that he went there with the intention of hoping to bump into him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also think Palm Springs is very close. He definitely could have spared one day and gone out to see his grandpa. Like David's being a little bit.
Speaker 2: And then Mel goes, why are you getting so angry? But I didn't feel like David was angry, like we've seen him get angry in previous.
Speaker 1: Episodes, like he did he stayed home because he wanted to party, but we didn't really see him partying, did we?
Speaker 3: No? And also I thought.
Speaker 2: It was because he had to peatrient after dark social he went.
Speaker 3: But he was sort of drinking. I don't know if he was drinking alcohol or drinking. Remember, she remembers, she says, will you watched the place for me? Like when she has delivered the.
Speaker 1: Dot he was drinking at the bar, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think he was drinking a little bit, which he shouldn't be drinking at all.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be drinking, that's right. No, But but what a scene that end?
Speaker 3: Whoa he'd really wow?
Speaker 2: He delivered huh you guys that scene gut at me? I you know, I rarely show feelings like I literally started sobbing like gut at me. It's still like haunting.
Speaker 1: Me because it was so like tangible. It was so yeah powerful you could feel it.
Speaker 2: And seeing a close up and just like I guess we're conditioned to think that women cry more openly and vulnerably than men do. So to see a male in his twenties like break down like that, it was just and it was Brian, but you know it was powerful.
Speaker 1: Yes, kudo Sam, that was a good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was super well done, well portrayed. Even the way it happened, Like everything about that was so not over the top. Yeah, it was like whoa and then I just didn't I was very sad by the ending.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my, yeah, that's not a great way to end the episode.
Speaker 3: But it was two so real. It was awful, but I.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed it because you know, these kids are having these real life experiences that everybody has. I think it was cool to see one of our main characters have something completely unexpected happen to them like that and have that response.
Speaker 3: I want to hand it to Matthew Lawrence too, he did a good performance.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the episode all around was really hokey, so when that moment happened, it kind of suck me back in, like, Okay, I forgot this is why I.
Speaker 3: Love And the other thing that I think is kind of cool to ask you guys about is both of them performed that on their own right, Like Matthew Lawrence is on the phone like basically talking to nobody doing that, and then Brian Austin Green is answering the phone that doesn't necessarily have the actor on the other line, which is really hard. I mean, somebody would be doing it maybe, but maybe not the real for that, maybe like a stand in or so.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you know, sometimes they would have you come in and read the off camera on the phone, like the fake phone. They'll be there on off camera reading it so that they're actually in the same room together at the time.
Speaker 3: But I would think you would have to for that scene. That scene was so yeah, tough, and they both did so.
Speaker 2: Much want to say that that didn't happen any guys with them because that would have meant they had to have Matthew come in another day, which he's probably on a day rate now.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm just thinking, I don't know, and less.
Speaker 3: Could you shoot both those scenes in one day? Or do they shoot everything with Matthew all the peach pit stuff. Could you get all that done in one day, the peach pit thing and the phone calls.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was no one on the other line with Brian. I'm just saying sort of.
Speaker 3: An interesting question. How much do you do in a day? How much of that show can you get done in one day, like.
Speaker 1: Pages, how many pages? Seven to ten?
Speaker 4: I'm not the same page?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Eight scenes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So like, is that a quarter of the episode?
Speaker 1: How long is this script? Usually like sixty pages?
Speaker 4: Six?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: But another fascinating thing that people might not know is it might have been multiple takes they had to do with Brian having to receive that news.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: It's not often I mean maybe, and especially with the new director, that he'd feel comfortable with one take and being like, great, we got it.
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 2: So Brian had to keep performing that same with Matthew and that's not always easy to reproduce that. Nope, ain't nothing like the first time baby.
Speaker 1: Right, hopefully get it in one and yeah, you're done. What about Brandon in this episode? Mah, he's so cute and so Jason.
Speaker 3: I thought he was real cute. I did too. I didn't like that costume, but he still was cute in it.
Speaker 4: I did not like that cost no, but he was cute.
Speaker 1: I felt like he was so Jason that now Brandon has kind of morphed into Jason, which it is happening to all the characters I think, probably except val mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: You felt like he had more spunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more like like it's more hymn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he was perkier and not his monotone Brandon.
Speaker 3: I actually thought he had game because he was She's like, do you want to come in? And he's like, no, but I do want to kiss or whatever. And then he did his aggressive.
Speaker 2: Many ate but yeah, wait, that was well played, and we brought it back around the game, thank you.
Speaker 3: And then you know, he walked off like Charlie Chaplin, did you see that little uh huh thing? I just don't.
Speaker 1: I'm like screaming at the TV.
Speaker 4: Brandon.
Speaker 1: No, it's not her, She's not your next girlfriend, does not. There's nothing there for me.
Speaker 3: There's something cute about her, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a more cute.
Speaker 3: She's just Susan part two.
Speaker 2: And I feel like as a viewer, we're all just waiting, like we're like, okay, Kelly.
Speaker 4: So it's hard to take her in.
Speaker 1: It's hard to take her in. It's hard to take Mark in because we want Brandon and Kelly to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's to that point.
Speaker 1: This is all Phil. It feels like filler. You're right, but she's adorable. Nothing wrong with able.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like, Okay, if you had to go to lunch with Susan or Tracy, Tracy me too. I think she's sort of more like Tracy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she seems more fun and girly.
Speaker 3: Ye, Susan was a bit I liked her. Tracy seems a bit something fun deep. Susan she had been through a lot, a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you talk about the Kelly thing, I can feel her unease for sure.
Speaker 3: Yours?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, her mine. It's so confused seeing you guys. I can feel her my unease and that the chemistry is not there, and that there's nothing working about the storyline for these two characters.
Speaker 3: Although he looked cute in his jacket.
Speaker 2: What can I ask you if you remember where you were personally during this episode, like during this time.
Speaker 1: Period nineteen what month would it have been.
Speaker 4: Like six months before we filled it? Maybe?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Well, maybe not go back this August.
Speaker 1: I think I was getting married the first time.
Speaker 3: Well, when did you get married? I don't know, you don't know the date? Come on, absolutely not?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Do.
Speaker 3: You know the date you married Peter?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, no idea?
Speaker 4: Who what dad?
Speaker 1: I married Dan? But it was before I met Peter, and I met Peter. I had a baby in nineteen ninety seven with Peter.
Speaker 3: I think, couldn't you weren't you married by now the math if you had a baby.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, we didn't get married. Peter and I didn't get married for four years after we had our baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, but weren't you married when did you get divorced from your first husband?
Speaker 1: Right when I met Peter?
Speaker 4: Okay, we don't have.
Speaker 2: To do that timing, but that sales juicy. Okay, Wait, that's not where I was going with this. I was going that there feels something very like.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't be so mean to Kenny.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like something not Kelly in you that's like light and bright, like happiness.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Which made me think, like, wait, this is when she first met Peter. There was just like almost like a giddiness in your personal that was coming through in your character that.
Speaker 4: Made me feel that way.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you looked really happy. I met Peter in an off season month in the in the winter, so that would have been a December movie.
Speaker 4: Shoot, yes, yes it was.
Speaker 1: And if we had a baby in nineteen ninety seven and.
Speaker 3: You it's right nine months before that at.
Speaker 4: Least it would be like.
Speaker 1: Fourteen fifteen months before that, right, it's now we.
Speaker 4: Do you think you're newly pregnant? I think so?
Speaker 1: No yet?
Speaker 4: No what season were you probably.
Speaker 1: Just met and was in a relationship.
Speaker 4: You're so happy. I wanted to eat you up like that energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good. It worked, you know, it helped me with with trying to convince people that this relationship with whos is what Mark?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nope, you couldn't convince me of that.
Speaker 3: But I think you have more chemistry with him than Donna does with Cliff. Sorry, just saying it.
Speaker 1: Well, the Donna Cliff think Donna is so like Doe and like googly eyed with Cliff, And I don't know how he feels about her, because is that just his like I'm a fireman, I'm a charming, handsome fireman to everybody?
Speaker 4: Or is he there's just no chemistry like her.
Speaker 3: But it's just like two people, two perfectly great, awesome people trying to like each other, you know what I mean, Like he's great. Yeah, why are they.
Speaker 4: Even into each other for no reason?
Speaker 3: Just because they're both they've met under these sixt whatever what is that circumstances calledating circumstance? You know when in Speed, when Keanu Reeves says to Sandra Bullock, you're not supposed to date someone you meet under extreme circumstances or something like that. Uh, something like that. But they call love.
Speaker 1: She has that rescuer Like, what's that called when you love someone?
Speaker 4: Lust?
Speaker 1: Rescuer?
Speaker 4: Lust?
Speaker 1: Oh, desire, it's all there. It's all there for Donna.
Speaker 3: But I don't feel like darling. How many episodes does that guy do? It's not that many.
Speaker 2: I hope it's not many moreks I I don't like them together.
Speaker 3: Somebody tell me, but I'm going with about four. Could be wrong. There's some camping trip I think coming. You go camping?
Speaker 4: Oh really, lock that up.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It all comes in bits and bobs, and I'd be camping with him. Yeah, you know that would be good.
Speaker 1: Wait if okay, the thing I will say about Kelly and Mark. If at Ladies, if a guy gives you two books and says these really represent me, you should probably research this, you know, summarize basically the plot, the thought, the theme of the books he's giving.
Speaker 3: I don't remember this even at happening. It happens in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, he gives her two books.
Speaker 3: Where was my brain? Was I back at the Haunted House?
Speaker 4: It was right before the kiss he gives her.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you I looked it up because I'm because even then, Kelly comes back and says, he gave me. You should really find out what your guy that you're interested likes to read. But I don't feel like she looked at it, like looked into it. Read the books crack them up at at all Because Spoon River Anthology is the book of poems written about deceased residents of a small town. Yeah, and it's basically like the poems examine themes of disillusionment, hypocrisy, and the complexities of human relationships. And the other book, Betting on the Mused by Charles Bukowski, is also a collection of poetry that explores I'm quoting this the realities of a working class life, focusing on themes of struggle, resilience, and the fear of fading into obscurity. These are not themes that are attractive.
Speaker 3: That you want.
Speaker 2: You said now, Kelly says, oh, I know someone else Bukowski who was she referring to was she was it Dylan or Colin?
Speaker 4: That Dylan Dylan?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's it. That's a dark read those that's a dark book. And that's is that a red flag? That's a red flag. I'm just saying, if a guy gets.
Speaker 3: You ever asked someone you're dating what they read?
Speaker 1: I don't know that you should tour, you should you should bring it back?
Speaker 3: You could do that tory oh.
Speaker 1: And then be like, oh, yes, I love him.
Speaker 3: What happens when they say I don't read.
Speaker 1: Also a red flag. My husband doesn't read, and he told me that does.
Speaker 3: Audible books count as reading? That is the big debate.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it's it's different.
Speaker 1: It is different, but it's also the same. Like the thirst for knowledge and like interest in topics.
Speaker 3: Aren't I the same listening to a podcast because that's basically an audible book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless the podcast is about bullsh like kind of like you know, you're recaptain an episode of a show from nineteen nineties. I'm not going to say that reading.
Speaker 3: We're not going to say any names. But if you only listen to a podcast about a show about a bunch of kids that live in Beverly Hills. That doesn't count as Bokowski.
Speaker 1: Nope, not the same. I don't read books, really, I'm so I don't have time, I know, but they're so great.
Speaker 3: I just finished White Lotus the show. Yeah, I just have time for television. I'm just trying to get the laundry folded.
Speaker 1: But you know, did you know if you read ten or twenty minutes, I can't remember a day. It can radically reduce signs of depression and anxiety. If you sit down and read a book for ten minutes, you guys, I'll do that. It's the back and the forth of the eyeballs.
Speaker 4: It's a very similar account reading on your phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, like you're email mills, like, yeah, to do emails.
Speaker 3: What about wordle? I love wordle? I think I forgot to do wordle last night?
Speaker 4: What's wordle?
Speaker 3: What tory? You don't know wordle? You love games? You would like wordle?
Speaker 1: Wordle sounds like woodle, And I'm not.
Speaker 3: You guys don't know word Just download the New York Times app and then you play wordle.
Speaker 1: You like scrabble games, thirty wordy nerdy things.
Speaker 3: It's like you get this thing like this and then you figure out it's probably too bright, but you figure out the words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm into that.
Speaker 3: I love that. I like to start with lever.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the game. What's the game with the Ryan Seacrests took it over Wheel? I get intense every time I'm watching it.
Speaker 3: Did you Celebrity Wheel of Fortune?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We both did?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: Did you guys? Did you win?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you get to go to the final round?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 4: I did? Bran didn't win.
Speaker 1: I went to the final round but didn't.
Speaker 3: When you both got to go to the final round, yeah, Oh my gosh. Where you're like, I'll take it now. They give you all the big ones they go and then what did you go? Like, I'll take an a and then p oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: I just know that mine had airplanes in it and I craped. I panicked. It was like private plane or something.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what mine was. Did you wait? Speaking of Celebrity Wheel Fortune, do you ever see the episode with Jack Black?
Speaker 3: That was an.
Speaker 1: Amazing Google it. It's hysterical. He's the worst contestant that's ever been on the show, Like on purpose. He's so into it and he's so cute and he really wants to win. He's very competitive, but he just blows any chance he ever had at winning.
Speaker 4: Is this real?
Speaker 3: So nice though? He seems so nice?
Speaker 4: That guy seems like the twenty twenty two he did it? Yeah, okay, oh am, I gonna be embarrassed.
Speaker 3: This isn't it?
Speaker 4: Deluxe full time leg Lamb, Deluxe full time leg Lamb.
Speaker 1: He was wrong? Oh sorry, these are the things that entertained me. No, I don't need Bukowski. I got Wheel of Fortune. Next week? What's up for next week? Episode eight, Season seven of the Things We Do for Love?
Speaker 3: We're still gonna have Kenny, We're still gonna have We're still gonna have Mark. We're gonna have them all.
Speaker 4: They're all I've seen players.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I still think I'm right. I know Lorraine couldn't find it yet. How many episodes Greg Vond did? But I think it's I think he's got four more, maybe three?
Speaker 1: Six more episodes for Mark, four more episodes for Cliff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, four more, got it? I see I nailed it. I said four more because we got the camping trip and then there's some trip.
Speaker 1: God. Six more episodes for Mark.
Speaker 3: Well, he was supposed to get to do thirty so oh.
Speaker 1: So AnyWho you guys, I hope you have a good week.
Speaker 4: That was really fun.
Speaker 1: It was a good one. I like us on the fly, even though, like you know, we're talking about it, I'm totally watching the next episode.
Speaker 3: It's allowed. We don't have to love every single thing.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh, ratings, please scores?
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, this is hard.
Speaker 3: Eight point five? Eight point five?
Speaker 1: Why because I love but I.
Speaker 3: Didn't love it. It just there was It just wasn't a ten for me.
Speaker 4: It's an I'm gonna go with seven. Why ouch? I didn't feel like nine o two and oh mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with a nine because I really enjoyed the extortion storyline. I don't know, it's it's spurred something inside.
Speaker 3: And she got one hundred grand. She's rich.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, I'm kind of like, all of a sudden, I have a girl crush on val. She's rich, she's wicked, smart.
Speaker 3: And she's so happy about it. Did you see that look? Yeah? I did a menacing look. WOWSA?
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody, all right, well bye bye bye bye, okay, escort my way out of this podcast now,