Speaker 1: Welcome to Good Game with Sarah Spain, where we're still in our fields thinking about Sophia Smith crying while talking about Christine Sinclair's impact on her during the duo's postgame interview Friday night. On today's show, we'll get you all up to date on the final weekend of NWSL regular season action, Who squeezed in, who got squeezed out, and the playoff seating ahead of this weekend's quarterfinals. Plus the return of No Dumb Questions, some mother daughter duos you should Know, and Sneaky Rips. It's all coming up right after this Welcome Back, Happy Monday. Here's what you need to know today at NWSL News. The playoff picture is complete and it came down to the wire. Here's how the final seeding and the last two playoff spots shook out in the final weekend of the season. First, the Portland Thorns beat Angel City three nil on Friday. They end up grabbing the sixth seed. BAFC locked up the seventh seed with a three to two win over the Houston Dash on Saturday. That was their eleventh win of the year, the most regular season wins in an expansion season in NWSL. History, and they became just the second expansion team to qualify for the playoffs in their first year. Meantime, the Chicago Red Stars lost to the Kansas City Current three to one on Sunday. That drops the Red Stars down to the eighth and final seed. Now that things are set in stone, this weekend's quarterfinal matchups look like this. Number one Orlando Pride versus number eight Chicago Red Stars, Number two Washington Spirit versus number seven BFC, number three got them FC versus number six Portland Thorns, and number four Kansas City versus number five North Carolina Courage. We'll link to the full standings and the first round schedule in our show notes. Okay, back to Friday and that Portland postseason clinching win. It was a special game for reasons beyond that playoff berth Legendary Canadian forward Christine Sinclair, the greatest scorer in the history of the game, was playing in the last regular season NWSL match of her career for the Thorns and her last game in Portland, and both she and Nike met the moment first. Sinclair, Okay, so, she scored a goal in the sixteenth minute of the game, a perfect bookend for her regular season career in the NWSL because she scored in her very first game and her last, which happened to be her two hundredth. We love those round numbers, and we love the emotion from Sophia Smith postgame, as Sinclair and her little triple Espresso protege tried to get through an interview together without crying but couldn't take a listen the brief pauses you hear are Soph's crying breaks. I mean there's yeah, there's not a lot of words.
Speaker 2: I just sink has mentored me in so many ways.
Speaker 1: I don't even think she knows it. Look what you did. Sorry, It's okay.
Speaker 3: She's the best for a reason and she's I mean, she is Portland and it's not going.
Speaker 1: To be the same. I'm not like dying. As for Nike, the brand stepped up. They sent out t shirts to some of the keepers who are undoubtedly celebrating the all time leading international goal scorers retirement. Houston dashkeeper Jane Campbell posted hers to Instagram, and the tea read quote It's a great day to be a keeper. Sinclair is retiring with a card that said, in part, cheers hope you find comfort in knowing that sink will never score on you again. Ugh, it's so good. Also a record of note in the Kansas City Current Red Stars game we mentioned the regular season finale gave the Current something to celebrate as the team set a new NWSL single season team scoring record, adding three goals on Sunday to reach fifty seven, breaking the previous record of fifty four goals held by the twenty nineteen North Carolina Courage. So remember during the WNBA when there was records being broken, we told you about the context of how many games they were broken in. That's worth noting here too, because teams played twenty six matches this season in the NWSL. That's too, more than the twenty nineteen season that saw the Courage set that record for goals. And also that expansion team record we mentioned from BFC that was done in four more games than when the Waves said it last year. Still impressive, but good context to have. Casey Current also set another record in yesterday's game. That was for the number of different goal scorers they've had this season. Eighteen different players have put the ball in the back of the net. Some more NWSL congratulations are in order for Red Stars midfielder Shay Groom, who has celebrated yesterday for hitting one hundred and fifty regular season appearances in her nine year NWSL career. She suited up for four other squads, FC, Kansas City, Skyblue, FC, RAINFC, and the Houston Dash. Some NWSL attendance news to report. In the last week of the regular season, the league officially passed two million regular season attendees for the first time in league history. A sellout crowd at Providence Park for that last regular season match for Christine Sinclair that we mentioned that helped put the league over the two milli mark. According to a league statement, eighty nine matches this year have se seen over ten thousand fans compared to just fifty five last year, and league wide average attendants exceeds eleven thousand fans per match for the very first time in history. Keep showing up and showing out people. Finally, not all good news in the NWSL. Due to concerns around player well being and safety. Regarding field conditions, the league and the Players Association moved Sunday's game between San Diego Wave and Racing Louisville from the Wave's snap Dragon Stadium to Racing's Lynn Family Stadium, now attacking third at CBS. Sportswriter Sandra Herrera is reporting on x that the Wave has quote accruede finds throughout the twenty twenty four NWSL season due to ongoing field concerns, Snap Dragon Stadium has been asked for changes timing and consistent poor conditions led to a last minute change in venue for the final week of regular season play end quote. Glad to see a strong stance against unacceptable playing conditions by both the league and the PA, and this is yet another reminder that teams and organizations will be expected to step things up as the level of play, the popularity of the game, and the amount of investment keeps growing. College hoops news, Yeah that's right, baby, College basketball is back. Two season opening matchups are going to be played at Paris, France today as part of the AFLAC WE Play event OHI we Number twenty Mississippi will take on number three USC and then number seventeen Louisville will face number five UCLA. Both games are at Adidas Arena, the eight thousand seat home for the EuroLeague's Paris Basketball. You can watch the action on ESPN starting at noon Eastern today and lots more to come this week on one of the most highly anticipated college basketball seasons maybe ever. In WNBA news on Friday, the Indiana Fever announced that Stephanie White will be the franchise's next head coach. This comes, of course, after the Fever parted ways with Christy Sides last week, followed by the news that White was leaving the Connecticuts on you remember anti costable. Chicago Sun Times reported this a couple of weeks ago. Well, it came to fruition, and it's really not a surprise. White is no stranger to Indiana or to the Fever organization. She's homegrown. In nineteen ninety five, she was named Miss Basketball for the state of Indiana. She stuck around and played at Purdue, helping them to a national championship in nineteen ninety nine, and then was a member of the Fever's inaugural roster in two thousand, playing there through two thousand and four. White was part of the coaching staff for the Fever from twenty eleven to twenty sixteen, serving as head coach for the last two years of her tenure, and now she's back in a statement white set of the new gig. Quote, I am incredibly proud and honored to return home to Indiana and lead the Fever during such a pivotal moment in this franchise's history, as well as during such an important time throughout women's athletics, She continued. This franchise has and always will be committed to winning, and I look forward to working every day to help deliver another WNBA title to the greatest basketball fans in the world. End quote. Can't wait to see how she and this young, hungry Fever squad mesh. In twenty twenty five, more WNBA news, the Chicago Sky filled their head coach vacancy as well. The organization announced that Tyler Marsh will be the team's fourth head coach in three years. Yep, you heard that right. This Marsh's first professional head coaching job, but his resume is full. He most recently spent three seasons as an assistant on Becky Hammond's staff and won back to back WNBA titles with the Aces. He was the head of player development there as well, and has been credited for helping players like Asia Wilson and Jackie Young hone their skills He's also done stints with the mnba's Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors, as well as four G League teams now. Shortly after the news broke, sky Forward Angel Rees took to Twitter to approve of the move, posting a tweet that read just w In response, friend of the Show and Aces guard Sidney Colson quoted Reese's tweet and typed, excuse me, we're grieving. Have some respect. Sid fired off a barrage of other cackleworthy tweets and responses after the news broke. So we'll link to our account on x in our show notes so you can take a look for yourself. More hoops. Unrivaled, the new three on three league coming in twenty twenty five, announced that it's expanding from thirty players to thirty six for season one. Per co founder and Ifisa Collier, the league out did expected financial projections and can afford to carry more players in its first season instead of having to wait to expand as initially planned. The league will still have the same six teams excuse me, sorry, basketball clubs, but each club is gaining an extra player. The news came just before Unrivaled unveiled the thirtieth player to join the league, Aliah Boston. So buckle up, folks, this means we still have six more names to go. We'll link to the first thirty in our show notes more basketball news. A week ago, you may recall that I conducted a very scientific poll about whether it's possible to be both a superstar and a dog, and a fair number y'all weighed in saying that only Kelsey Plum aka Plum Dog can be both. And now Plum is gaining lifetime dog status, specifically lifetime Husky status. That's because her alma mater, the University of Washington, announced over the weekend they are retiring her jersey number ten. She's the first women's hoops player to receive that honor from the school. Volleyball. On Friday, for the first time in eleven years, Nebraska volleyball beat Wisconsin in Madison. The number two Huskers swept number seven Wisconsin at the UW Fieldhouse twenty five, twenty one, twenty five, twenty two, twenty five nineteen, ending the Badger's twenty five match win streak at home while they were at it. Nebraska followed that up with another three zero sweep on Sunday take it out Northwestern. They improved a twenty two to one on the year. Wisconsin bounced back with the sweep of Illinois yesterday. They are now sixteen to five and zero. Meantime, another disappointing outing for the defending national champion Texas Longhorns, as they dropped a five setter to unranked Oklahoma. The Longhorns have gone to five sets in their last three home games against Texas, A and M, Missouri and Oklahoma, and have lost each time. They started the season at number one after winning it all last year, and now they're number nine in the AVCA Coaches pol likely to drop even further after the loss to the Sooners on Sunday. Finally, baseball news women's baseball is joining the US pro sports scene. The Women's Pro Baseball League WPBL announced in a statement that the league will launch in twenty twenty six and is working to secure a national broadcast deal for its inaugural season, which will include a regular season, playoffs and championship throughout the summer. While the WPBL seeks to be a national league with teams based across the US in the future, for the twenty twenty sixth season, It will consist of six teams, predominantly in the Northeast. The league is co founded by Justine Siegel, the first woman to coach professional men's baseball in the US when she joined the MLB's Oakland Athletics in twenty fifteen. She's also the founder of a nonprofit organization called Baseball for All, which helps girls play in coach baseball across the country. We got to take a quick break when we come back the latest edition of No Dumb Questions. Welcome back, Slices. We have been so busy over here with post finals, liberty celebrations, the NWSL playoff push, and my trip out to the espnW summit, so we haven't had time to tie up some final WNBA related questions. Y'all sent in, but we would never leave you hang in. Here is the latest edition of No Dumb Questions. All right, meshe, we're dealing with hoops here, so I'm calling you in to help me answer this very not dumb question from certified slice Alyssa Obradovich. She's full of good questions, and this time, she says quote. After an amazing w season and nail biting finals, there's a lingering question that keeps bugging me. How are we talking about the need for the league to expand the talent that gets cut and the lack of bench depths on teams like Las Vegas, Phoenix, Chicago, et cetera. If the league is as talented as it's ever been, and so talented to expand to at least three new teams, how are we still discussing the lack of benches? Y'all make it make sense. Thank you, Melissa as always for the question. Meche. My thought on this is that's a really good question and very not dumb, and I don't have the specific answer that maybe an expert on expansion and league bench depths would have. But my hunches that some of those players that we see sitting there that are not getting in in those big games in the playoffs are young players that still need time to develop that those teams want to have on their roster and claim the rights to and develop, but they don't feel are ready to go in those moments. So it's accurate to say in those games they don't have a bench to go to, or there's a big drop off when they go to the bench, And that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't talent that's growing there, it's just not quite ready yet. I think the request for more bench spots on w teams tends to be so that you can allow for that young development and also have more players that you think can impact immediately. What's your take on it.
Speaker 2: I wholeheartedly agree with that. I think that, to me, is a huge part of it. And then the other part, you know, a big part is coaches and people who are gms and making decisions for what players that team select to be on teams. Those folks are still extremely fallible, right, Like, nobody is perfect. The WNBA is still a very young league comparative lead to a lot of pro sports leagues in the US, and not to mention like even leagues and teams that have been around longer still can't seem to get it right. For example, around here, we have this MNBA team called the Wizards, and it feels like they haven't gotten anything right since the.
Speaker 1: Day out we're born.
Speaker 2: So it's just the fact of the matter is like, that's what makes sports so hard, that's what makes a championship so difficult to win. And then you know, there's also the fact that the WNBA Players Association just opted out of a CBA. A lot of what people are talking about right now is pay. How much money are these players making. Yes, we've seen improvements, but for those middle tier players that don't necessarily come and expecting to be a star, or you know, that don't necessarily stick on a roster, they still don't really get paid the kind of money that they need to be able to sustain themselves. And some of those folks still opt to play overseas. So if we want to talk about talent, there's still plenty of talent out there that's been on tap. You look at AU, you know a lot of the players that have played in there that aren't in WNBA rosters right now.
Speaker 1: Like, there's still so many different buttons that can be pressed.
Speaker 2: But I'm hoping that, you know, with this new CBA, we'll see a little bit of that change as well.
Speaker 1: I think also worth noting if you were watching, particularly at the end of the season, there are also injuries that really change the players that are available. So when you look at people getting pulled off the bench and the drop off in quality that might be just by virtue of not being as talented, not having as many minutes not being as comfortable and crunch time, especially big pressure games. But it also might be players that you normally wouldn't be going to if everybody was healthy, So that's worth considering as well. It's a great question, and I do think I know that there are players that are a little bit worried about the potential drop off in quality when we do expand in the next two years three full teams, and that's something to keep an eye on. I also we are looking at this upcoming college basketball season as an unbelievable batch of talent, both in the kinds of players that will be coming into the league next year in pagebackers, but also the sophomore class.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we were talking about this on the show last week. The kind of swagger and confidence and style of play we're seeing from young players and young athletes coming up across sports, but particularly in basketball, where they're training to dunk in high school, not because of what they're watching at the pro level. We're just in a different league than we used to be, and I think with each passing year we are going to see the influx of talent coming in being more ready. We talked about that with the rookie class this year in the w you know, these are players with nil deals that are essentially already almost behaving as professionals at the collegiate level, and the expectation for their talent and their skill set makes them much more ready to make a difference in the league right when they arrive than before. And I think we're going to see that probably made even more clear with the incoming classes over the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I feel like from when I first came to consciousness, because the league started basically the same year I was born, to now, the level has only gotten better exponentially.
Speaker 1: It seems like every year.
Speaker 2: I think this season, at the beginning of the season, one of the things I was saying was the middle was so wide because we had never seen seen that much depth, the opportunity for so much parity. Because another thing we need to be looking at is the franchises that this league has.
Speaker 1: Right There's some franchises like.
Speaker 2: The Phoenixes, the Vegases, you know, the ones that are able to give players everything they need to be functioning professionals without having to worry about X, Y and Z. We're also seeing a discrepancy in that as well, So I think that also plays into what kind of players you can bring into your organization.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: So excited for the next about three years of WBA basketball, folks.
Speaker 1: Get ready gonna be awesome. By the way, I heard you try to sneak in how young you are, and it's been a real long time since we hit you with that baby noise, So let's go ahead and do that right now.
Speaker 2: I'm editing today's episode for those who are on the so, so this is this is doubly cruel, actually.
Speaker 1: Baby noise going in. We got another question from Alexandra Hand who wrote new w Fan. But my quick analysis is Connecticut it's a hard place to have a team, a place with not tons to do or amenities. Arena that's not very big, and after seeing them in a community gym before the playoff game, seems to facilities aren't as good as some other teams. Considering travel bringing in fans and players, has there been consideration to move to a bigger city sort of nearby, like Boston, Philadelphia, Cleveland. I get Yukon and their dominance being initial reasoning, wondered your thoughts. First of all, I love that Cleveland is nearby. That's hilarious to me. I guess it's just like all kind of in the middle. Alex We chatted with you a little bit about this after you went to the W game at TD Garden in Boston. This is your neck of the woods, your nape of the neck, your neck of the nape. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: First off, I want clarification from slice Alexandra. She gives off such big state energy. Yes, in California, Texas, Alaska for sure, Philadelphia, far away from Connecticut. Actually, let's make this clear, Yukon in stores, also far away. It's a full forty five minute drive to get from Yukon to Uncasville, Connecticut, which is where the Sun plays. So you know, yeah, there's a Yukon connection, but it's not quite as simple as oh, we're just going down the road. Forty five minutes to me feels like long drive at this point in my life. Bigger picture though, I'm going to go back to Emily Adams, who writes for the Hartford Current, when she came on the show a couple weeks ago, and she talked about how the Sun has a really unique ownership structure, right they are owned by a tribe, and even if they weren't owned by a tribe, it's not just like, oh, let's pick up this team and move them, you know, like the owners have not only a say in it, but the say in it.
Speaker 1: And so if the.
Speaker 3: Tribe wants to keep the team right where it is, that's going to be where the team stays.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough into their thinking and business decisions. I think it's likely that we will see the team continue to play more games like they did this year in Boston, given what a big success that was. But I do think that there's also an interesting point here, which is that I don't think most players for Connecticut actually live in Connecticut outside of the WNBA season. And that's probably true for a lot of WNBA teams. This season is so short that your home base doesn't necessarily need to be the franchise where you play, but I think that's especially true for players from Connecticut, and so I think a bigger priority for the team compared to where they play is what amenities they have, because those are the things that players are willing to travel for and want to travel for, and are willing to say okay, Connecticut's going to be my home for these four months, but I also have a dedicated locker room.
Speaker 1: I agree with you on that. I mean, I think also not just for the players, but in terms of like fans, not having a ton to do, not being a destination where it's like, Oh, I'm going to go to New York catch a Liberty game and do all these other things. Is part of what she's saying. And I don't know what the WNBA bylaws are in terms of if they do have any power to take a team from existing ownership as a result of any metrics, right, whether it be you need to provide a stadium with x amount of fans, or you need to have amenities or whatever like as we see in other leagues, sometimes there are expectations of you need to be able to hit these marks, or you need to be able to invest as much money or prove this much attendance whatever in order to keep a team. I don't know what the rules are on the w on that. It doesn't feel like Connecticut's at risk of that right now. In the past, Miche, it really did feel like that connection to Yukon basketball was so huge for them. But now we are seeing the game be so much more of a national game, both at the professional level and also fandom across the college game that you know, it's it's a worthwhile exploration to consider if it would be better served being in a place like Boston. But I would imagine because of and again I do not know this, but because of the tribal ownership and that specific to that state, that land, that area, I don't know if it would require a change of ownership in order to be able to function in any other state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm honestly not sure either. This is, you know, not my wheelhouse. But what I will say to add on to the points you've both already made, is that I've been to connecticuts on games and yes, while it's it's out there, you know, it is even a drive from the nearest airport. I can't remember which one it is, but I've done the drive myself and it's you know, it's not insignificant, but the vibe inside the arena, like the fans show up and show out worth hating.
Speaker 1: I just looked up the Chicago Sky Arena only seats about four hundred more than the Connecticut Sun and that's in a massive city that has other options. So I think a lot of it too is what's the space in which you're playing based on your average attendance. The Sky do sell out a lot of games, but not all of them, So would they rather have a packed building every game or have the kind of place that if you're not filling it out, the energy isn't quite there. Because going to a Sky game when it's sold out or close to is a great time, which is what you're saying about going to a Sun game, And so in some ways maybe it's a matter of growth when you need it and continuing to grow as there's demand for it. Not a dumb question though from newfan Alexandra hand I just rhyme that we'll keep taking all your not dumb questions, so make sure you keep sending them. Good game at wondermedianetwork dot com is where you can ask us questions about really anything. It doesn't even need to be about sports. Maybe we'll give you some advice on life too. Try us, try us. We got to take another break. When we come back, we dive into the gene pool and resurface with some mighty oppressive duos. Welcome back, Orange slices. If you remember when Lebron and his son Bronni took the court together for the Lakers in their season opener. We asked you for your inspiring mother daughter duos in sport. Not necessarily a plan at the same time, that's pretty wild, but just famous mothers and daughters in sport, and you guys came through with a few. Olga Harvey, the CEO of the Women's Sports Foundation, reached out with a pair of mothers and daughters that have been a part of the Foundation's celebrations in the past, starting with Patty and Jalen Koff, both mogul skiers. So Patty won a pair of titles on the World Pro Moguls Tour, and her daughter Jalen competed at the twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two Winter Olympics in women's moguls and two silver in twenty twenty two. And the other was Tana and Coco Vandaway So. Tana is a nineteen seventy six Olympic swimmer, also won silver and volleyball in the nineteen eighty three Pan American Games, and her daughter Coco, you might remember, former pro tennis player. She was the twenty eighteen US Opened doubles champion with Ash Bardi, and in twenty seventeen made it to the Australian Open and US Open semi finals and singles, reaching a career high singles ranking of world number nine. Shouts to the Coffs and the Vandeways. Also certified slice and regular emailer Pamela Mudway chimed in. She wrote, quote sent up from Massachusetts. I have to mention Beth Craig and Barbara Singleton. So this is a good one, Pamela. So these are Boston Marathon competitors. This mother daughter duo became the first mother daughter duo to run the race as one team with a racing chair. They went to the name Team Babzie. And this was Beth Craig, the daughter running the twenty six point two while she pushed her mother, Barbara, who has multiple sclerosis, in especially designed three wheeled chair known as a team Running Chair. You might have heard of Team Hoyt and their marathons. Pretty cool, as Pamela says, wicked awesome, Alex, I think you had a few too, right mother daughters.
Speaker 3: Absolutely I do. And I went back to the record books as well as my own personal memory to find a few examples of mothers and daughters who competed at the same time in the same event, and we go all the way back to the nineteen hundred Paris Olympics. Mary Abbot and her mother, Margaret Abbot. They both competed in women's golf as some of the first women to compete at the Games.
Speaker 1: I was trying to figure out what sport was likely to have a mother and daughter in an Olympics. Golf makes sense and get this.
Speaker 3: So Mary became the first American woman to win Olympic gold. Her mom finished tied for seventh. But Mary only traveled to France to study art and music, and it was only once she was in France that she discovered that the Olympics were having a golf event and that she decided to enter. And to be clear, she was a talented golfer. It's not like she just like learned how to pick up a club on the day of the golf tournament at the Olympics. But like wild story, there only something that could happen in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I feel like I really would have thrived in nineteen hundred sports.
Speaker 3: What a time to be alive.
Speaker 1: Thanks exactly.
Speaker 3: My other example is a personal story from back in the day of doing Olympic research. So in twenty seventeen, I went to the Women's World Championship in ice hockey and I interviewed Alexandra of vaf Fina, who competes for Russia. And I think women's hockey players of my generation, for the most part, they all got into the sport because they had a brother or father who played and got them into the game. But that was not the case for Alexandra. She got into the sport because her mother, Lubov, played and her mother competed for Kazakhstan, and she competed at the two thousand and two Salt Lake Games. Alexandra was eleven at the time, and she told me about how she used to write notes for her mom and hide them in her gear bag before big games. Yeah, which so adorable on its own. But then as Alexandra got older, she started playing on the same club team as her mom, and they were even on the same line together for a few years. I'm like, oh, amazing, fantastic story.
Speaker 1: That is a great story. I once played field hockey alongside my mom actually was opposite my mom and a mother daughter game in seventh or eighth grade, and I accidentally gave her a black eye. Oh my gosh, sorry mom. Anyway, shout out to the moms and the daughters. If you have any others, you can always send them to us, because you know, we always love that you're listening. But we want you to get in the game every day too, So send us those. And we have another good game play of the day, specifically timed to this likely very stressful election week. So in addition to reminding you yet again to make sure you vote on Tuesday, make a plan, take the time off work, find your polling place, you know the drill, we also want to crowdsource some feel good to offset the post voning nerves. So we're counting on you for the slices. So tell us Number one, what's your go to trick for relieving anxiety or settling nerves. Maybe it's like one thing, like listening to music or snuggling your dog. Maybe it's a three step plan, some breath work, a walk, some tea. Whatever it is, share it with us and maybe it can help others find some calming tricks. Number two what's your favorite, don't need it, but always buy it. Retail therapy, purchase that non necessity that gets you if you see it in a store every single time. Pumpkin spice candle, quirky dish towel, cool match books. I'm just naming mine now. I definitely will buy pretty much every pumpkin spice or vanilla cake or any like super sweet, deserty smelling candle that I see. And I have an endless supply of dish towels and match books. Mesh alex, do you have that go to that, Like you see it in a store and you're like, I do not need this, I have too many of these, and yet I will be buying it.
Speaker 3: I really love enamel pins of cats and plants and fruits, and a few years ago I was like, I'm gonna learn how to do digital art so that I can make enamel pins. But then once you get into that, you need to order thousands of them, like a company won't just print you one pin, and so I kind of gave up on that. I think it's the only time I've ever given up on an art hobby, and so instead I will just keep buying them.
Speaker 1: That's the most Alex answer I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Mesh for me, I try not to buy non necessities a lot, because I'm the kind of person.
Speaker 1: Once I start, it's it's gonna be hard to stop.
Speaker 2: And I'm usually stopping in like a I don't know target or a place that has everything you already need in there. But one thing I find myself like stockpiling is incense, which tends to be really useful.
Speaker 1: Actually, for the first question, you asked our.
Speaker 2: Listeners, which is a trick for relieving anxiety and settling nerves. Something about a good and sense stick that smells good, Not none of those janky ones you get from the gas station.
Speaker 1: No real ones. Yeah, the real ones, the real time. I got some in Bali and Japan this year, so I'm also on the I just like nice smelling things. I'm more candle than in sense, but I like both. So let us know yours. You heard ours, Send them to me on social at Sarah Spain on Twitter or slash x or at Spain two three two three on Insta, or hit us up on email good game at wondermedianetwork dot com. You could also always leave us a voicemail at eight seven two, two oh four fifty seventy. We could all use those tips on retail therapy and what we can do to stay kamala and carry on ala. As the VP said on SNL this weekend, don't forget to subscribe rate and review slices. It's easy. Watch that thing where you're searching for a good radio station and you briefly get tricked by Christian rock rating zero out of five teasingly good guitar riffs review. So usually I have either a podcast locked and loaded or a Spotify playlist ready to go. But in my bathroom, I actually have an old school radio that's like a rolling button on the side to change the volume, and the station kind of old school, like that old and it's usually just stuck on ninety three XRT. Shout out to the Goat radio station in Chicago. But every once in a while they're on a commercial break and I spin the wheel for a little shower tune and it goes like this, add add crappy smooth groove song, add DJ talking, add bad rock song, ad ooh, this guitar riff sounds promising, what is this? Do I know this song? What? And then suddenly indescribable, uncontainable, all powerful, untamable, awestruck, We fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim you are amazing. God. That's not an actual song. It just made it up. But damn it. They tricked me again with the freaking guitar riffs, and I'm like, oh, I think this might be a good song. Do I know this? Damn it? Christian rock gets me every time. Now it's your turn, rate and review. Thanks for les and slices. See you tomorrow. Good Game Sync, Good Game, Ksey Current excu sneaky Christian Guitar. Good Game with Sarah Spain is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Production by Wonder Media Network, our producers are Alex Azzie and Misha Jones. Our executive producers are Christina Everett, Jesse Katz, Jenny Kaplan and Emily Rudder. Our editors are Emily Rutterer, Britney Martinez, Grace Lynch, and Lindsay Cradowell. Production assistants from Lucy Jones and I'm your host, Sarah Spain