Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts, Nate.
Speaker 5: Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross Hobday, Yucke Live. I've at Tostitos Championship plause outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 6: Where the sixty one degree.
Speaker 5: Is a hog, today is sixty three. The load of night is forty six.
Speaker 6: Here we go, Here we go. That is Kurt. He is shouting in the back, keeping us live and on and on the air. Is Chris Beam, I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the boys, the sports talk quick little prayer people. When we who is that?
Speaker 5: What is that voice?
Speaker 6: We are without Nate today? Who is that in the back? Chris?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: That was Chris, Chris, Chris, he was he was taking on the Nate roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Chris has really changed to.
Speaker 5: Look, now, here's the deal Nate is getting. If you haven't listened in the last few weeks, he is he has been slowly removing himself from the show. He's been distancing himself. So today he comes in and I'm in the back talking to Chris getting me a cookie. Chris brought me a cookie, Thank you, Chris, and Nate goes, can I do the show back here today?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: So I don't know what's going on, Like, yeah, Chris, like, I gotta change it to a three box.
Speaker 7: How you doing? We knew you wouldn't go miss.
Speaker 6: Today, though, was disappointed. I was about like dang, then they hit it down. I'm a little disappointed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell you what. People were pumped up about your show yesterday.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm pumped up.
Speaker 6: Came back three weeks.
Speaker 4: I got several comments in that moon. They was he was on fire.
Speaker 7: He was got to win this game. Man, y'all know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, so let's talk about coach a little bit.
Speaker 5: That came out. But in the last hour or two, so appendicitis having to have what emergency surgery?
Speaker 6: I guess, so the three go ahead?
Speaker 3: So I won't get in trouble if I say, you really don't need that, right what you appendix?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you really don't need.
Speaker 8: That, right.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people don't. Oh, I don't know that taken out? And yeah, is that one of the parts that you can do without you? I would like to have my mom had hers out okay fifteen years ago?
Speaker 7: Okay, cool, don't. I don't want to say when people get mad.
Speaker 5: It's like your tonsils. A lot of people I think get their opending.
Speaker 7: But it's well, I can say no way.
Speaker 5: It's super serious though, like if it ruptures and you don't get any time, you can, I think you can die from that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, chemicals in your body? Yeah, so what it is about? Like drinking? Do I all the chemicals in your body? That's about like drinking.
Speaker 5: He's worse than that.
Speaker 6: Okay, he's Oh you mentioned that we still have not heard an update on the doctor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I dropped the ball. How you keep dropping the ball?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: I got it. I'll get on that. I get down by the in the next week.
Speaker 7: Sure are you lying to us? Are you're going to be on I'm going to do it.
Speaker 6: We need to start putting like a money wager on this stead like every day I get fined every day I can every day tangible money, like for real tangible money.
Speaker 7: We would like for you to give it to Chris.
Speaker 5: Like my like my ten dollars goes to Hollies Helping Hands every time and everywhere.
Speaker 6: If you guys are looking to donate up, we're helping for business. We've been open for like two three weeks. Uh. If you want to donate to Holly's Helping Hands, you can hit my Twitter at mister fourth and Long. The link is in the bio there, or you can email us at Holly's h O L l E Y s Helping h E L p I n G Hands A h A A h A n D S at gmail dot com and we'll get that link over to you.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, we had We did a great job last year. We're partnering with this group called Sharing Life out of Mesquite. And what I love about Sharing Life and one of the reason why I wanted to partner was Sharing Life this year is I love the way that they allow and give parents who are in tough times right now, and it's probably a lot of us out there, the chance to keep their dignity. That was big to me because a lot of times, you know it's like hey, you you know, donating charity, and then you go and you donate and then you took a camera in people's faces and all that kind of crazy stuff, and it kind of like and especially as men, we're already having that pride of being the provider, and then when you can't because maybe you know right now all you make is enough to pay the bills, you don't have enough to pay for the president too, and you don't want to have that feeling of I can't provide for my family. Well, what sharing life does. They have a warehouse out in Mosquite and so people donate toys and clothes and stuff like that, and then the parents are allowed to come there and pick their own toys.
Speaker 7: Oh, they get the shop.
Speaker 6: They get the shop. And I love that because also you I don't know what some of these kids want, right So if I go ahead and give you a basketball or football and you go. My kid loves baseball. I don't know what he's gonna do with his football. He doesn't even like to watch football, but now he has a football in the house and he's like, yeah, do what with thanks dad for a football? You know, you know you and I like to watch the baseball games. So if a parent can come in and go, you know what, my daughter likes this. My son likes this. They enjoy this, This is this is in their wielhouse. And I love that they can come in, they get their gifts, they bring them home as if they got the gifts themselves. And so yeah, so please, like they said, and coming to America, we don't mind the kind that jingles, but we rather like the kind that folds. But every little, every little thing, every little dime goes to helping families in need this holiday season. So don't think if it's five bucks it's not enough. It's ten bucks not enough. If I get ten people to give ten dollars, that's more than enough. Right, So don't think you're five is not is not needed, Your ten is not needed. If there's more for you to give, give. If there isn't, then you know, give what you can and if not, pray that there's someone comes alone that can give for you and them.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing you do every year.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 5: Glad you're keeping that going. Man, Glad you're keeping it going.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 6: So let's talk a little bit about coach. He's out practice.
Speaker 5: They're practicing right now. Supposedly, Uh, what's your ocur DC and your special special teams coach running practice, is that gonna have any he's out, He said he'll be back to coach the game on Sunday. If he's let's just say that we hope that's true, that happens. But during the week, how's that gonna affect preparation this week going into a game this big or will it really not affect that much at all? As kind of business as usual. He's just not in the building.
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, like when the week's preparation and I know that Mike is the quote unquote OC now, but I know him and brought Shai Brian Schottenheim and work together. It's really your cordings that put together the game plan. They're the ones that get the cut ups. They're the ones that are kind of you know, you have your large staff meeting where everything is kind of run through the coach and say hey, hey, as we're looking on defense, as we're looking on offense. But every single day of the week, and I'm sure still the same way Monday, Al Harris gets up and he says, all right, defense, here's what we're looking at on first and ten, And they'll show you a bunch of cutups Tuesday, Hey, uh uh ain't dirt was in the dirtened. He'll get up. He'll get up and it will okay dirty, yes, dirty dirty. He'll get up and he'll go, all right, mates, here's what we got on you know, third and short, third medium.
Speaker 5: I like how you did that because he's from England.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like that, you know, And he'll give the cutups and so it's basically a lot of times the assistants that give and put together the game plan throughout the week, the coach kind of like, all right, you know, Mike, he's an offensive guy, so he kind of finalizes what we're going to do out defensively. But defensively nothing changes. It all goes through Dan Quinn.
Speaker 4: Even though he's calling plays and it's the that's not going to be an issue, you know.
Speaker 6: Now if he misses the game, that's different. Dak's got it.
Speaker 5: Remember he called plays that one preseason game.
Speaker 7: He's fine, he's experienced.
Speaker 6: I mean, you love to have a guy like like da in the in the in the saddle. But if he misses the game, that's something different, right, because it's all about how can that coordinator kind of get the flow of the game defensively, nothing changes. Yeah, it's it has and will continue to be run by Dan Quinn and those guys, so that that that section of it is done and practice is practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, the equipment guys kind of run this practice.
Speaker 6: The coaches are their coaching. I mean was this week fourteen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, if this happened early in the season, it might be a little bit of a hiccup.
Speaker 6: This is this isation, this thing is Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's a well on machine by this time.
Speaker 6: You could players know, staff knows only thing that may come in, you know, coming change. The coaches say, hey, today we're gonna do a little bit more. Instead of doing eight plays in red zone, we're gonna do twelve.
Speaker 5: And don't think that coach is gonna be laying in that hospital bed on the phone. Hey, what's going on here?
Speaker 7: What's doing this?
Speaker 5: What's what's happening here?
Speaker 6: You see any.
Speaker 7: Issues with it with and never had a coach to miss.
Speaker 3: But let me say later right here, if any week that a coach can miss practice, this is the week.
Speaker 7: This is the week. These players locked in, like we talked about all day. Ye stay just he plays a lot. Really, that's interesting if any week you don't miss.
Speaker 3: We couldn't miss the first four weeks because the offense was getting installed you when it once missed the second four weeks because you know, you're trying to get it in. We're in the grind now and we got a game that's big.
Speaker 7: It's bigger. This is our biggest of the season. If if coach McCarn got up and saying, oh man, we're.
Speaker 3: Running that route roll and this one in the game, we're gonna be in some trouble. So this is the week where he can miss practice, but not the game. We don't need to miss because him and dad has a rhythm going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay. I want to bring something up. Yesterday was listening to your former teammate Darryl Johnson. He was he was on one of the local radio stations and they were talking and he brought something up and we kind of talked about on the show.
Speaker 6: But I think you know, you talked about how.
Speaker 5: Important this game is from your standpoint, and you you know, we all you know, Jesse, great question yesterday of like, how do you feel about this team if they lose? And then you know, I think you did it was that was good but this team doesn't really, they don't. They don't have This is what Moose said. They don't have a signature win this year, and he was spot on. They don't.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 5: They haven't beat a team that makes you go, this makes them a contender.
Speaker 6: Like they've they've messed.
Speaker 5: Around a little bit, and you know, they beat the teams they're supposed to. But like, and you've got a string of signature teams you're playing over the next few weeks, right, you got what the Eagles, the Dolphins, the well the Bills, Bills, Dolphins lines, right, those could all all could be signature wins. So it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 6: That you're this far in the seasons.
Speaker 5: Well, Bill's yeah, but how a few weeks has changed the outlook on that team? Right? But to get this deep in the season and for you to be nine to three and you don't have one signature win on your resume, it's almost crazy to think about. Yeah, you know, because the forty nine ers have they have have several signature wins on their resume. Yeah, I mean it's kind of you know that. When he said that, I was like, you're right that that that's right, You're nine and three and you haven't. You don't have any significant wins on your I mean every game in the NFL.
Speaker 6: But and this is me, this is me defending the Cowboys. WHOA but that everybody, and I hear what Moose is saying, only play was on the schedule. R we we we we can't. We can't sit here and say, well we you know, I thought the Giants were going to be better.
Speaker 7: They weren't.
Speaker 6: You know, we could we we thought that Charges were going to be better. The Jets were going like he's like, you know, I get it, the Jets. When Aaron Rodgers goes down, that goes from being a marquee game to just another game.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: We thought the Chargers, A lot of people thought the Chargers. There was a point in time, remember was two years ago when it when we thought the AFC West was going to just be this juggernaut. Right you thought, whoa, you got Russell Wilson coming to Denver. Qu Yeah, you got Russell Wilson coming to Denver. You had Herbert and the Chargers, you had my homes and who's the other one Vegas car car in Vegas. You're like, oh, this is gonna be this is gonna be a killer and it is not right right. And so we thought that the Charges were going to be a team that was was to be wrecking with. And they found out the same thing that we found out about Kellen Moore.
Speaker 7: In the world.
Speaker 3: If each year that team there, if it was a college team, it would be ranked in the top five every.
Speaker 6: Year owned to be as they wouldn't make the college football.
Speaker 7: That's what owned to be a disappointment.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: God, that's too much talent, man for a coach. And you know what we're talking about. The Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Let's take a break. Let's get on the trees.
Speaker 5: Eagles, Cowboys, Let's get into the Eagles defense.
Speaker 3: Nate's favorite two weeks.
Speaker 6: Favorite two weeks of the year.
Speaker 5: He gets to reflect and talk about his days against Jerome Brown and his favorite player in the league. Favorite word to say when we come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive g weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 1: Seet Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan and we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to so. Whether you're a here of you week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the seat geek, After the seat geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 6: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 10: Christy, juicy classic wings, made to order, cook tip infection and sausted tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 6: Back Hanging with Them.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each it every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com, and our show, each and every day is brought to you by a wingstop where flavor gets its.
Speaker 6: Wing Yes, sir, all right, Cowboys versus.
Speaker 5: The Eagles, Nate.
Speaker 7: We're going with first defense.
Speaker 5: Go with the defense. Go with the Eagles defense.
Speaker 3: Oh man, they they run a four to three variation of a four to three. It's the same old horses man Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, veteran in Wiley, Fletcher Cocks and like I say, got this, he's got two point five sacks. Hassan Reddick's still leading with nine point five and sweat is that six.
Speaker 7: And a half.
Speaker 3: They're still giving up on the it's around ninety yards ninety five yards. They've given up a lot of points these last two weeks. What they're trying to do is dominate you with that front seven. They want to come at you in waves and waves on the defensive line. But what they're trying to do is give you that deal is stop you from running. Whether you want to do this yourself, they have to man up and do it. They want to stop you from running the ball so they can get after you with that front eight that they have, with that front seven that they have. But the bom lie is this right here, the secondary. Jesse will getting deep into that the secondary is weak. But the real weakness for the Philadelphia Eagles is the lack of linebacker play. If I just could deviate just a second, that is the difference. That is why the Cowboys and that is why the Eagles are not really smashing folks, because the middle of their defense, which is the linebackers are not that good. And what I mean by that they're not They don't have like the forty nine ers have not only a coverage linebacker that never leaves the field, they have a big, banging linebacker but green Laws's name that comes up and thumps you. So when you got that type of middle in your defense, which the Eagles are lacking right now sorely, you can make some things happen. You can stretch them out on the past, which with Fergie, and you can do it with a with schoon if you don't drop the ball, you know, and you can make Brandon Cooks what's that thing that deep over you know, drag him down the field.
Speaker 7: That perfect play that Jesse likes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Like some linebackers they drop straight back and you can drag them in there.
Speaker 7: But anyway, if we.
Speaker 3: Run the ball at a clip of just four yards, but we run it strategically and we play it by the numbers, like if we're coming out on our twenty five, try to get a couple of bangs right outside the guard, right outside the tackle. Make these big guys move, don't let them be able to push forward, get on their edges and turn them and make them stretch out. That's what they do to Masi. They don't try to just mount muscle him. They get on his edge and make him have to move. So we got to make these guys move. When you look at the forty nine ers, they weren't trying to just run straight up the middle. They was making a move. They was making them have to stop. If they stop their feet, they like mac trucks. You have to throw this thing down and the low and get them going, you see what I'm saying, And then you have to build it up second gear, third, you know what I'm saying. Don't let them start coming forward because there's like an avalanche. Get them moving a lateral, get them moving sideways.
Speaker 4: I mean to exploit the linebackers. You really have to take care of the defensive line.
Speaker 7: Oh you you have to do that. You're gonna have to do that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to really get these guys moving because that's why they make their plays by eating up bodies. But if you make them move three or four yard sideways before they come forward, you take away half their power. You know, it's like taking Samson cutting his hair or hercules or whichever one of those mighty men. You know, you just that's what you gotta do to them. If you just try to run a draw play, no good. If you just try to run straight at them down the pipe, no good.
Speaker 7: But make them move stretching. My I watched Buffalo got on their edge just nicely.
Speaker 5: I thought, say something else on.
Speaker 7: The edges.
Speaker 3: And we know what Shanahan does, he's a master. What did they do so good?
Speaker 5: Because they rushed for one hundred and forty six.
Speaker 3: Yards, they refuse to give up, and they got better offensive linemen. I'm just being straight up. They the key to our offensive line is in the key to a great offensive line play. Besides the unity that I talk about a lot, how many guys you got on your offensive line that can single block their guy every time you have to give up a resource, a running back, a tight end, some guy coming across the motion too slow to make sure that a guy rushes outside every time you use one of your resources. That's a skill position you take away from the play. But where Philadelphia has been successful, where the forty nine ers has been set, they.
Speaker 7: Got five on five, a five on four.
Speaker 3: Now you can allocate, allocate, all your resources. That's what they're trying to make you do. They trying to make you double team them somewhere between Fletcher Cox, Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis. They trying to make you double team them somewhere so he can free up either Sweat or I can free what's the.
Speaker 7: Other guy out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a Son ready, And you definitely don't want to free up has Son ready because he is sitting on top of us steel.
Speaker 4: I mean still, he was struggled that first meeting against Philly, Yes, and he wasn't real good against Seattle last week. You talked about how do they help him without disrupting the whole offensive.
Speaker 7: What they're gonna have to do.
Speaker 3: You can either set a tight end out there and let him slow slow play or I either keep him in or either let him come out late.
Speaker 7: You know that's another way that Uh you can.
Speaker 3: Run a screen too. You can let him jam down seal and then let him leak out late. You can run with your tight end that way, a single screen. But you can run a guy slowly across the formation, but he has to be aware of how to play that guy, whether he's rushing inside outside, and don't hit this guy too much to throw your tackle off, your back's gonna have to always kind of be peeking that way. You know, you don't want him to have to come cross the quarterback. You want them already be sitting on that side. So it's a lot of ways you can do it, but the most the best way to do it is to be able to run the ball with some consistency, and your and your tackle just have to believe that the work he's put in and watching this guy on film and taking advantage of every rep in practice to make sure he's setting proper to be ready to fight like a dog.
Speaker 5: So last time we played him, Jesse on defense, we asked you and Nate both to give us a name.
Speaker 7: Your guy was Reddick.
Speaker 5: Is he still your guy to watch this week?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Or is it changed up a little bit Because Josh wet Is tied for fifth in pressures with thirty three, Reddick's tied for ninth with twenty eight, and the Jalen Carter's ranked fourth by PFF among all interior defensive linemen. Like, how do you how do you attack that? What do you do?
Speaker 7: You man up?
Speaker 3: You man up and you play the best game you've played. That's why you've won four in a row. You've you've you've had the Commanders, the Bama Boys. You you've played against some tough competition. Uh, I'm somebody on the inside. You play against some tump competition. But they're not acting the Bama Boys. They're acting for the Bama Boys to not only be run defenders, but to be their best pass rushers. They're not acting Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis to be their best pass rushers. They're asking them to just take this guy physically, either the center or two guards, drive them back, then take a side. What I mean by that is, I'm going down the middle of Jesse, and depending on which side that quarterback leak to, I'm gonna fall to that side to keep him in the pocket. So sood somebody ins can have a shorter deal and they can go both ways.
Speaker 4: Who worries you more the two guys in the middle or the two guys on the end.
Speaker 3: The guys in the middle, because that means we can't slide somebody out to help the tackles. We are just taking for granted that our left tackle is gonna play like you did the first game. You gotta take some things for granted until they show, Like Jimmy said, we'll we'll help this, and we'll.
Speaker 7: Rally to the rest. You know, we'll stop this and we'll rally to the rest.
Speaker 3: We gotta believe that our left side is intact fully and that way we can if something happened to our right side, we can help.
Speaker 5: Every game they've won this year, they've scored more than twenty points. Their two losses, they scored twenty, they scored fourteen, and they scored nineteen.
Speaker 7: Some of the the Eagles.
Speaker 3: So the massive numbers twenty, I just hoped about it. Don't call a warrant the game wartons. I really don't go to kill a national bird. So we finished it up a bunch of Eagles, baby, Yeah, anything to add to their defense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, we got these bastards.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got them. We got that.
Speaker 6: This game is going to be one again in the air. This is where we have to attack them. This is where the game will be one. Uh, they don't have the dudes to stand in front of us. Now now for for us, for the Cowboys, it's gonna have to be a discipline football game. You cannot give them opportunities to win an area that they should not win in Okay, when you look at what Jake Fergus and this is what to Nate's point, they don't have the linebackers that are able to cover. They brought in Kevin Bayer, but he's not the same Kevin Byrt he was when he was an All Pro in Tennessee. So he their secondary is the weakest part of their of their defense. They rely Heavenly you're talking about the pressures and all that kind of stuff. Up front, they're relying on that. They're doing some stunts, they're doing some games, they're doing a lot of different things trying to get these guys home. Up front, what the Cowboys have to do is and this is where I slightly disagree with you a little bit, Nate, as you talk about man up the Cowboys, we don't have the strength, the force, or the power to stand in front of Fletchercox, Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, Hassino, Reddick, Josh Sweat, Brandon Graham and company.
Speaker 7: We just don't. We just don't.
Speaker 6: And even when you watch some of the Niners game, they didn't either. What they did was they made these guys move, They made these guys move side to side, and when you get these big guys to move and they're athletic, they're big, they're strong, but what we have to do is create creases.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: That's why I think when the Cowboys get more into getting back to that zone and not to the zone running and to the motion because this defense, when they have to move side to side, those big boys, they can sometimes get going. And then now there's cutback lanes that you have for them, right, they'll get they're talking about right now. Their linebacker Zach Cunningham, who was out the last couple of weeks, will potentially play. But this secondary is ripe for the pickings. When the Niners finally got this thing going, yes it was some of the running game, but they started to find those holes, they started to find those deep overs, they started to find their tight ends. They started finding it in the screen game, in the short game, and yes, guys were being able to catch the ball short and run through guys. I don't it's Ceedee Lamb, Deebo Samuels. No, but Ceedee Lamb is one of the best YAK receivers in the National Football League. He ranks up there amongst ten plus catches twenty ten yards plus catches, twenty yard plus catches like he can do that. One of the things coming out of school at Oklahoma was his ability to run after the catch. So when Cedi gets the ball anywhere on the football field, he has the ability to break tackles. When you watch that Niners game. If you watch that Niners game, you see a lot of those guys, the Ayuks, the d Bows, the Jennings, all those guys, they were breaking tackles, the kittles, and they were taking eight ten yard passes turning into twenty five yard runs, turning twenty five yard receptions. So the Cowboys, the biggest thing is is that I gotta keep this off this defensive line. I gotta keep the Reddics of the world, the Carters of the world's off balance. I gotta stay ahead of the change because this the defensively You're not gonna be able to line up and run at those guys. They're just too big, too strong, too physical in the middle. And why guys like Sweat and guys like Reddick have so many pressures is because they're so dominant in the middle of that defensive line. Is that they the edges, the corners are shortened, right because the guards are always thinking about less help tackle, more help center. Right because I don't care who the quarterback is, Patrick Mahomes, Tua Jackson, you name the quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, you name the quarterback. They don't want pressure in the middle of the pocket. They just don't. It's just one of those things. They just if they have to have pressure, let it come from the outside. Make those defenders have to ride what we call the hump, and give me a lane to step up into. If I can step up into the lane, I can drive the ball down the football field. My eyes, my eyes stay down the football field. Philadelphia wants to collapse that pocket to make it feel like a crash. And now you're like, uh oh, it's what makes me comfortable. Stepping up in the pocket is no longer a comfortability. Now my eyes dropped from down the field and I'm looking around for an escape route. Now when I have the escape, right, what do I have? I have two athletic ends in sweat and reddick. Who will get up the field and who will retrace their steps to come and get the sack or short game for attack of at the quarterback, of scrambling. But when you have time in the pocket, when you can sit in that pocket, they don't have the facilities on the back end to cover.
Speaker 7: They just don't.
Speaker 6: They just I don't and I don't care who it is, big play Sligh, brad Berry, Bradley Roby, and the new mark is number thirty nine, Eli Rix. He is the new mark. He is the He is the guy that when he steps on the football field, Brandon Cooks, Ceedee, lamb ferg Jaalen Tolbert, whoever should be salivating, should be looking. He say, if you're gonna put thirty nine on me, it's gonna be food.
Speaker 7: He is the mark.
Speaker 6: He and it's funny that he's he's so much of the mark that the old mark, Bradley Roby, looks better Like that's like that's how bad he is. He makes Bradley Roby look like a better player because he's that bad. They do not have the ability to stand in front of us on the perimeter. They cannot cover, They cannot run with us, They cannot cover us. They cannot stop us for what we want to do, read blank and ship good player. Kevin Bier, good player, but they do not have the ability to stand in front of these past catchers for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: You break.
Speaker 3: Let me say this right quick, like Jess, we said, we said the same thing you missed. You missed it when I said, we do agree, I said, we have to make these guys move Laterally, we have to take it right outside the guards where where we mess up at its we go straight ahead.
Speaker 7: If they put straight ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, were saying the same thing you saying zone. I'm saying the same thing. You have to get these guys out. And you said the big guy. When you said man up, you just mean man up. Yeah, you big over coming sixty percent of the game as an offensive player, offensive lineman, I'm gonna have to face out of sixty plays, I'm about to see him forty now you making help me twenty plays maybe, and that's stretching it.
Speaker 7: I'm not to see him.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have the man up sooner or later, because it's gonna come a third and six where you just cannot run the ball. His thirty six and you on the fifty, it's gonna be a pass. You cannot run the ball, Humble, not the man up, And that's what I meant by the man up. But you're gonna have to move. We're saying the same thing you. We cannot hold up if they come with force.
Speaker 7: We're in trouble.
Speaker 5: Kurt asked you a question, then we'll go to break. It's called a teas and I'm very terrible at being a.
Speaker 7: Team better now, I don't know about if you trouble that being a tease. I am. I can't wait.
Speaker 11: What do you think?
Speaker 6: He was a big black man almost say something? Actually question turn turned the hall Mike off.
Speaker 4: Chris, So you talked about picking on Bradberry or Ricks. Now we saw that last game, that last fourth down play he dicked through the Tobert and it sailed high and everybody's like, why didn't you throw the lamb? Why didn't you throw the fergus on these key? Why are you going to our fourth receiver? Well, he was going at Bradburgy. Is there a time where you're like, yeah, Rix is there, But we gotta go to our main We gotta go to I mean, guy, you know, how do you balance that out? You can't?
Speaker 6: I mean, And we'll answer that. We'll answer that on the other side of the break.
Speaker 7: Oh, I got answer.
Speaker 6: I got to answer, all right, find out what got dan?
Speaker 8: I got that.
Speaker 6: If Jesse slightly disagrees with him again, we come back down.
Speaker 5: Hanging.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 6: Snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Pruscott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: How's Wingstop sound? Crispy, juicy, classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed. Toss in those eleven soul satisfying flavors, paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Winstop ranch, and of course, spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: See if Geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan and we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after the seat Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 11: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com Slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today, back to hang in with the Bulls. Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to.
Speaker 5: Each and every day by Jigsaw, official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys and Kurt Right before break, you had a question, would you repeat your question please?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we talked about or just talking about picking on Bradbury or ricks. We saw that last game fourth down. That's what Dak did. He tried to go after Bradbury through height to tober and the cry was that crucial situation. Why aren't you going to land? Aren't you going to Ferguson? So is there a balance there where we know this is the weakest spot, but our best guys over here.
Speaker 7: And the answer is, and Nate had an answer. What's the answer, Nate, We're gonna let Jesse.
Speaker 8: Get it, you know.
Speaker 6: And that's say it's a great question, Kurt, And the answer can be seventeen different things.
Speaker 7: Right, Because.
Speaker 6: One of the most infamous passing plays in Cowboy history is the dead catching no catch right.
Speaker 5: In history period in history, right changed the rule because of.
Speaker 6: It, and most people will say, boy man, we had a good game going on. This it's fourth and one, why not just run the ball and get well the quarterbacks saw for the first time in that ball game, they gave deaz man and man coverage. It was the first time I could not believe they threw that ball. It was the first time that Tony Romo in that game saw man and man coverage and he took it right hindsights twenty twenty. Maybe you say, you run it, we live to see another down. The other hindsighted part of this. It was a catch that should have been first and goal or a touchdown or whatever it may be. So I think back to that situation where with dak Is, he comes to the line of scrimmage and he goes, there's twenty four. Again, may not be the guy I want out there? Definitely the matchup I won out and the.
Speaker 4: Coverage that you thought that was the right target, then I do.
Speaker 6: Right now. Dak may say next time it didn't work because of Tobert, maybe I'll give him a better throw. Maybe you know, but in those moments, you look out there and you go, I couldnot ask for a better coverage. I could not ask for a better player to be defending my guy than the guy that we've cooked all game long. I'm gonna throw it, and you trust and hope that your guy makes a play for you. You would love for that to be cooked. So you love for that to be ferg most definitely, because in that situation, if you lined up see the lamb out there, he get doubled. Yeah, you know what I mean, because he was saying, what just put see the lamb in that situation? Well, that the coverage is gonna change, you know what I'm saying. You know, I never thought about you bring up a point I ever thought about.
Speaker 5: That may be the only play in history where you had a fourth and one and you threw the ball and the play call was never I never heard anybody question the play call because everybody was so wrapped up and Dez called it or he didn't catch it.
Speaker 6: Nobody ever said.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you just run the ball like that may be the only game.
Speaker 6: If you watched, if you watched the offensive lineman, it was an audible by Tony. They thought they was running the ball. Just watch the offensive line of how they blocked that. That wasn't a block for a passing.
Speaker 5: So he completely checked out of that.
Speaker 7: Huh did he?
Speaker 6: He looked up there and go I could not.
Speaker 5: I could not believe that I was right there on the sideline and when he stepped.
Speaker 6: Back and again, depending on what side of the ledger you want to fall on, it's the greatest call. It's the greatest audible ever, the second greatest audible ever for Tony Romo. Second, we know the first one.
Speaker 7: We know what this show thinks is the first one.
Speaker 6: We know what the first one was. We know what the first one was. And Tony almost career in audibles. But yeah, So to answer your question, yes, yes, I go back to that play. And if you because I'm saying to myself, if we line up ten times in a row, I'm going to that. I'm going to that play probably eight out of ten times. Yeah, every single time. And I just hope that I have a better result every time.
Speaker 7: That I go to it.
Speaker 6: But that that's the that's the play, Like that is the play. You you would love for it to be eighty.
Speaker 7: Eight, Yeah, you would love for it.
Speaker 4: That's part of the sad part was Ferguson. He came wide open across the Middlement. Yeah, like you said, I guess that he has his mind made up.
Speaker 6: He has his mine made up. He came out and said, this is where we're going. It's it's there. But but this is the game. And you know, every single game is different. And I look back to that last game in November fifth or sixth or whatever that was earlier in the year, and Dak was he was on, he was dealing, dealing. Ferg had almost one hundred yards. We know what, ceedee lamb did? I think now even the growth in the offense for Brandon Cooks, who I think only had one catch for seven or eight yards in that game, I think, now you bring him along. Oh, by the way, you're in perfect conditions. You're indoors, you're at home right, so you're on the fast surface. You don't have to worry about slipping and falling. You don't have to worry about any of that. These Eagles defenders cannot hold up. They can't. I'm telling you, these cornerbacks and safety reblanking ship. God bless you, my brother, You're gonna get worked, God bless you.
Speaker 5: So if the offensive line can hold up, it's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 6: The ball should be coming out quick. That's how Brock Purdy had success. That ball was coming out quick. Go back and watch that game. That ball is coming out. They're eight yard passes, ten yard passes. It's not these long developing passes those cornerback I'm gonna say this all week, all week. There should be two one hundred yard receivers in this game. Wow, easy, there you go, easy, I don't care if you pick them. There should be two one hundred yard receivers for the Dallas Cowboys and CD. I don't give it. Damn who it is? There you go ferg CD, CD cooks, so.
Speaker 12: You cook.
Speaker 6: Again one hundred per If you're you. You cannot run on these guys. Nobody can. They're notis they're different category. But nobody has been able to run on this defense passing. Cook them, cook the linebackers, cook, the safeties, cook the slots, cook the corners, cook them all barbecue bird and at and T. I know that we're a place about brisket, and we want beef and we want pork. Not this week, we want bird.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, nine one one, please call back he look or we've got to burn up some birds.
Speaker 7: Baby, do you agree with Jesse.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, because as the game go on, as the game go on, and you you getting them hesitating and we're getting them moving like we're talking about Oh yeah, I am with you.
Speaker 7: That's what the forty nine ers did.
Speaker 3: That's what we're gonna have to somehow scheme up and get the same thing he's talking about going.
Speaker 7: It's just that's that's if you know, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 5: And we got to get out of here in a second. But if you know that's what you have to do, you still have to have somewhat of a running game.
Speaker 7: Yes you do.
Speaker 5: How do you if you can't run on them?
Speaker 7: How do you do? What you did?
Speaker 6: We have three point five yards carry last game.
Speaker 1: Just enough.
Speaker 7: Listen, you don't need it, don't do don't believe that, not believe. Do not believe that. Do not believe that. I just cannot you do not turn to our son Reddick.
Speaker 6: Fifteen to twenty care. I don't give a damn who gets them.
Speaker 7: I'll go along with that.
Speaker 3: Fifteen to twenty carries, twenty to twenty three carries fifteen to twenty three carries three twenty three carry.
Speaker 7: I don't care who get one.
Speaker 6: They have twenty one fifteen to twenty one.
Speaker 7: They lost.
Speaker 6: Why did they lose?
Speaker 7: Why did they lose? They were discipline undisciplined.
Speaker 6: Dak steps out of bounds, school maker doesn't get in the penalties. Yes, it wasn't because they couldn't move the ball.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: They have four hundred and ninety yards of total offit three hundred and these they had three hundred and seventy yards.
Speaker 12: On the game war, call the game war, if you call the game war, If listen, big play slave, slice bread, thank you, toast, Bradberry.
Speaker 6: The berry is because we're gonna spread you on toasts. We got jam of preserve eli Rix. Haven't byed toast, red blanket ship white toasts. However y'all want to cook. However, they cannot stick if they even play. No, no, no, no, we don't play the game.
Speaker 7: We're gonna play the game be played.
Speaker 4: But they're saying the same thing about huh, saying the same thing.
Speaker 6: They can't say that they can't because they didn't do it.
Speaker 7: They didn't do it.
Speaker 6: If this team is who and I'm not gonna bring up the Oakroonnie speech because I didn't last to us last time like it gets the Niners. If this team is played, the continues to play that the Wave played the way that they have played at home this season against this secondary. Strike up the freaking band. Fellas, is the Salvation kettle still gonna be out there?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 6: Deposit these bumps till the end of the donate to Holly's helping hand, and then donate the birds in this secondary to the Salvation Army.
Speaker 5: There you go. By the way, Zach Wilson's starting. They said, no, sir, you will be starting for this team.
Speaker 7: Tim was alright, didn't.
Speaker 6: I tell you?
Speaker 7: I was all right?
Speaker 6: All right, Fellas, good stuff tomorrow. Cowboys defense, Eagles offense.
Speaker 7: Run the ball twenty three times? What's the under? Kurt?
Speaker 6: Good seeing you, Chris, Thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz, thanks for keeping Baylor.
Speaker 7: Get your burn unit ready.
Speaker 6: My man's name, Josh, name is Jery.
Speaker 7: Can they riche a helicopter from.
Speaker 6: Will we miss you? We'll see you tomorrow? Hanging with the boys we out.
Speaker 3: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.