Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Touch don Tek Burgers, here'scot tixis a touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It so wonderful, wins They edition of Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 1: And the s w PC Studios.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeomans. What are you upset about already?
Speaker 1: Isaiah?
Speaker 5: We're about to talk about the Broncos defense versus the Cowboys offense. I feel like we have the KOI, Josh and no Ce.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't have the coy Why is that?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just feeling. Thirty seconds into that, I'm just feeling the vibes.
Speaker 2: Kyle relating accusations I think it's called projection.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no, Josh is Ky, I'm not koy. It's coy. John. I'm not excited to talk about this today, but I'm not koy. Are they gonna win again?
Speaker 3: Nice hat, but you sound like you sound like a Sesame Street character.
Speaker 1: The all Black version. Yeah, you like it?
Speaker 2: H I like that.
Speaker 7: I like that hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josha Lagus, josh O Lefogus. Well that's what it sounds like, Josh he said, he sounded like Street.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He called me bird that one on the long trunk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my mom used to call me that because my eyelashes go straight down like cover my eyeball.
Speaker 1: I don't if you has noticed that I have not seen in the camp. Uh yeah hd HD you know.
Speaker 7: Also shove some my mom.
Speaker 1: She had a birthday this week to.
Speaker 3: Birthday, hot up, love you about that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: We've got plenty to talk about today. It's our offensive preview going up against the Denver defense, which might be one of the tougher defenses Dallas has faced here on the twenty twenty five season. They're pretty good. Yeah, they're legit, though they did give up thirty two points against the Giants the other day.
Speaker 1: But we'll talk about that. Yeah, we'll talk about We'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: And then they gave up the Giants gave up thirty three points in the fourth quarter. Yeah, yeah, historic comeback stuff. All right, Patrick, News and notes, let's get right into it. Busy day today, and there was a little bit to talk about from yesterday, even though the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Weren't on the practice field. Some drama a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yea drama on a day off only oh, like what just stirring it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, let's start with the fact that again just to recap the guys that are returning to practice from IR today, headlined by Agent zero.
Speaker 1: Gotta feel good about that.
Speaker 2: Maryon Overshan will take the practice field today for the first time since suffering his torn acl last year. Also, Cooper beebe starting center, will return to practice and making his debut at Cowboys practice his rookie third round pick Savone Revel. So that is great news, indee.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jonathan Mingle also.
Speaker 2: Returned to practice after suffering that knee sprain in the preseason that kind of deleted the beginning of his regular season.
Speaker 1: And now we get to the.
Speaker 2: Drama such a love hate love, kind of not like you kind of love you again relationship that this organization has with one of its all pro cornerbacks, Jerry Jones on General manager. Jerry Jones was on one O five three the Fan yesterday. Now normally he scheduled to speak before talking Cowboys, but he is for the owners meetings. They tried to get in contact with him. The connection was not great as he tried to speak from the plane, so he ended up speaking around ten thirty.
Speaker 7: Those are the kind of problems I want to have. Yeah, it's the connection is not great for my jets.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, world problem. Yeah till the highest degree. I'll get it fixed next time. Yeah, I'll call you later when I'm not on my jet. You doing, you know, is the biggest flex of all time.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it was somebody else. It's probably ATNT doing a great job to get him connected once he got back on the ground.
Speaker 7: It was when he got on the ground he was connecting, connecting and it was perfect. It was basically facing.
Speaker 2: He needs that connection all the way through satellite phone just wasn't wasn't hitting it freezing. So when asked about Trayvon Diggs, let's just a quick recap Trayvon Diggs suffered a quote unquote accident at his home the Friday preceding the game against the Who did just mind that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: So no clarity on what the actual I really just do that to be petty because I hate that team. So uh yeah, so no clarity. Uh, there's a lot of speculation as far as what actually happened. No one outside of the building knows for sure, and not a lot of people inside the building. No, no for sure either. To be honest with you, because I've heard several different things.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna assume it was a cartoon bonk. It was like an acme Anville like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coyote type stuff. Yea, Like he was running playing with eight and and ate and painted the.
Speaker 1: It does painted the highway a railroad into the wall.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go with the don don't said that he was quote unquote satisfied with the explanation, but he still will not reveal what the explanation was.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 2: But here's where it gets interested. So Brian Schottenheimer on Monday said that Trevon Diggs showed up in the building, they took a look at him, and say, hey, you're not don't look great, my friends, So go back home.
Speaker 3: Which is standard procedure. When again call, they bring you in, they double check, and then they send you home and yet align with the mandated Yeah, the edge marks along the way correct.
Speaker 2: So that's all, you know, default stuff. Yes, okay, this is not the quote. There's no reason to dwell dwell on it anymore here, Okay, that's what it is. Consequently, what we did see is we played pretty well out there. I don't know the status of Diggs as we move forward, but I feel better about being able to play if we don't have him out there.
Speaker 1: End quote dropped. Mike, I heard that, and.
Speaker 2: That was like, that's not how you typically speak about one of your cornerstone players who's absent from a game. And because typically it's injury, you're dealing with injury of any sort, it's you know, we we were able to perform out there. We were glad to see that, you know, the guy stepped up in his absence. We love the depth there. Guys took you know, to make the best opportunity, but can't wait to get him back on the field. It was quite the dig I feel better that was nice about being able to play if we don't have him out there, I outthrow that to the to the panel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, reactions on that idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll say I don't feel better if he's not out there. Okay, I'll say that pretty plainly. I think that's a I think that's a yeah, normal take to have Trayvon Diggs all pro cornerback. I mean, yeah, I would love to see him out there. I don't know exactly the ramifications of why he's not out there, aside from, you know, this mysterious injury that he had in his home, but at least for me outside looking in to this whole situation, I want him out there.
Speaker 1: Of course I do.
Speaker 3: Well, I agree with you in the fact that you need bodies. He hasn't played well this season. I mean that's just playing and simple. We've talked about that. But you need guys out there because as we're talking about the return of Kaylen Carson, with the return of sivone Rebel, they're not immediately going to go in and take the type of reps that Trayvon Digs can go in and take. Whether it's good or bad, and we've seen a little bit of both from Trayvon this year. So I'm with you. The the whole situation is muddy. It's all muddy because like since when since it began?
Speaker 1: I mean since since.
Speaker 7: Fine, since three days before the opener.
Speaker 1: I was maybe rehab.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, since a quarter million got you, so it started, it's already been brewing, Yeah, coming.
Speaker 3: To a head.
Speaker 1: Maybe thirteen days mm hmm. What is that deadline? Deadline?
Speaker 3: Till the trade deadline?
Speaker 1: I believe I was going to assist that, boy wentz.
Speaker 5: I believe that once Michael Parsons was was dealt, Yeah, Trayvon was put on notice.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that on this show. I've said it in conversations.
Speaker 5: Sure, once Micah was traded, Trayvon was on notice, and that was a warning shot to either get in line or get out. And I believe what you're seeing is fed upness from the organization, Okay, coming from rehab. Chose to do his own thing instead of be with the staff. They didn't like that, boy, Josh will say, they did not like that. I don't like those wounds. So consequently they did what they find them per his contract, right, Okay, they did what they docked him the pay that was in the wordage of the contract absolutely which they had an option to choose.
Speaker 1: To disregard it.
Speaker 3: They chose to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they chose to.
Speaker 5: They could have disregarded, but they they made sure that they slapped him on a hand. Okay, give me that bread.
Speaker 1: He didn't like that. They didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't like what he did, so they did that training camp, yep.
Speaker 1: Number of things.
Speaker 5: That number of things that took place at training camp that I don't know I was public or not, but there are some things that they didn't like either, yea.
Speaker 3: And even the public stuff in terms of the Micah deal and how he code negotiating almost at the same.
Speaker 5: Time, how he was going and signing signs for pay Micah and all that. There's some things that were taking place at training camp that I'm sure that they noticed that they did not like. Yeah, every time Michael was in a camera who was in his hip pocket after the Green Bay game, when Michael was in a camera who was in his hip pocket?
Speaker 3: Yeah, things that you notice as an organization that you may not like.
Speaker 5: His play, to your point hasn't been great now not justifying his paycheck at this point in time, and you get the big boy contract. You're getting paid partially for what you've done, majority for what you continue what they expect you to continue to do in the future. Hasn't necessarily done that. He's not the same player he was pre injury. At least we haven't seen it now.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen it, and we've talked about that even last.
Speaker 1: Year at that so we haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna tell that man what he can or can't do, but we have not seen it on film based upon what he's done in the past.
Speaker 7: To be fair, you could have said that about Ron Bland pre this last game. Absolutely sure, you haven't seen him and that's a big part of it too, and his his outward criticism of the defense and not using man cover.
Speaker 5: To be fair, we haven't seen Treyemon play. A lot of say that back Chicago, we saw some.
Speaker 1: Man that you saw what happened exactly. So play hasn't been great.
Speaker 5: So you couple those incidents that are already underlying disruptors per se, coupled with the fact that they're paying him a heck of a lot of money to do what they expect him to do, what he's done in the past, and.
Speaker 7: You're trying to introduce a new culture on top of all of it, and you have a.
Speaker 5: New decordinator who you're trying to implement. You have a new head coach and new culture that you're trying to implement. I will go on record to say that he I don't believe that he represents what they're trying to do. I'll state that right just from things that I've seen. I don't know the man as a person, but from some of the things that I've seen behind the scenes, I don't know that he necessarily matches that. But I think that they're trying to give him opportunity to get on board, right. That's probably the fairest way to say that. And I think there were signs that he was trying to within the building.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: There were times where he was trying to get on board, yes, but then there was a setback or then there was there was of course, when he sat out at the beginning of the Jets game. That was due to something that happened prior in the week. So there's all little.
Speaker 2: Things that players back against the cycle I'm talking, And had we had.
Speaker 7: A winning record at this point, I think a lot of those things would be a lot lessened.
Speaker 3: I agreed it always it would be a lot quieter from that side.
Speaker 5: But now, but now the handful of people that are peavy to the information as to why he did not partake in practice nor the game last week, I think you're starting to see the frustration because that is not how you speak about one of your top three.
Speaker 1: Highest paid players on the team. One of Yeah, it's not how you do it, really, it's not. It's just not.
Speaker 5: So I say, all have to say, that's your history. Okay, that's your history, and now this is the present thirteen days and.
Speaker 3: The other part about it, since you're you're bringing up the trade deadline, and which I think adds another layer here of how frustrated the front office is. It's not how you talk about one of your highest paid players on your roster.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 3: It's also not how you would talk about a guy that you would want a team to want. Oh, we feel better about how we can play without him on the field. That to another team, it devalues what he could bring to another team too. If you're the Indianapolis Colts, if you're the Green Bay Packers, if you're the whoever is out there, that's looking for a corner, and you're saying, oh, Trayvon Diggs might be on the trade block, but Dallas doesn't. Later on, I'm the trade deadlines in thirteen days, they're going to have to make a move at some point down the line. Why not wait and see what they decide, and then if he's in waivers, then we don't even have to give up a sixth or a seventh round pick, which, by the way, right now is probably the value you would get back.
Speaker 1: That's probably all you'd get is probably a six or seven.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I don't think and that's even a stretch because of how this is gone and the play that he's had on the field, I don't think it would go.
Speaker 1: Any further than that.
Speaker 7: And I think you also had a dad right the comments that you're making out in the public, correct, I think a Day.
Speaker 3: Three pick is all you're getting.
Speaker 2: And also you got to keep in mind when you're if you're the other team having the conversation with the Cowboys, right, so you're hearing what they're saying about, Oh, well, you know, we look like we're fine playing without him. So the other team is like, oh, okay, my my offer is going to go down and then that other team is going to look at the fact that I mean just next year alone, his cap hit is eighteen point four million. Yeah, so I mean it's almost sixty million in remaining cap hit over the next three years of the contract. So assume that they can a new team if they were to successfully strike the deal for him. They could rework the country or whatever. But next year, I mean, these are.
Speaker 3: Big number and Dallas could get a higher pick. Yeah, they agreed to take on more of the contract, they could maybe negotiate a higher pick. Maybe that's how you get in. I will do selection, but I.
Speaker 2: Will say this, I don't think Isaiah's off base. Speaking from the team component of it. I think he's very much on base. I will add to that the other side of the coin in that I sat here on this on this show. We were out in training camp, and it was during the Micah thing, and it was when the trade request was first offered and things started to go so poorly between Micah and and the Cowboys, and I said it, I said, how does this look from the Trevon Diggs component going forward? Because of how close those two guys are. If Micah is to be traded. This was back then. I'll say, if Micah is to be traded, how does tray Von look at the Cowboys from that point forward? So it feels like, in conjunction with what Isaiah is saying on the other side of that coin, Trayvon isn't too pleased with the team, is my view of it. So I'm not speaking for Trayvon. Yeah, this is me speaking the observation, just looking at the crumbs from the Micah situation falling apart to now, Yes, you're right, Cale. I've seen a couple of times when Trayvon has he's tried to buy in, and he's kind of like, Okay, all right, let's shake all this off and let's just let's just go play ball. But then things like oh, so you're really really gonna keep running zone?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm jump in front of this camera and I'm gonna say, yeah, I told him I want to run more man, okay, and little things like that, and so ebra Flus then gets in front of the camera and he's like, I don't like grits. Okay, all right, I've been doing this long enough to know we're having war words here are we Okay, so then the public and that's in the public. So then you look at the latest thing being the concussion and the fact that there's no explanation for it that's being provided publicly. But then even with the people who are saying they're not going to provide it publicly, you can see, like Kyle said, the frustration in their face, like neck crack, you know what I mean, Like when somebody asked you a question, You're like, I.
Speaker 5: Want to talk and different, different than a lot of organizations. Oftentimes players dictate. Players are valued more than coaches in a lot of organizations. I don't get that. I don't believe that's the case here. I believe it with this staff, with this staff and the way in which the Joneses have bought in to coch Schottenheimer and what he wants to do, I believe that they are giving all their chips, are all in on shody. And if you didn't know that, then look at the mic of trade. Right, that was a part of it as well. Right, it wasn't just a mister Jones thing. I believe that it was a culture thing which was shoddy. And that's why I said it was shots fired, Right, warning shot to Trayvon. He's like, now you got until November fourth to figure out what you want to do, right, do you want to get on boardor do you not want to get on board? And since then, there's been a number of incidents, not one, there's been a number of things. Some of the things you just hit on and then you're throwing this last little little curveballs.
Speaker 1: It's built up. It is built up.
Speaker 5: And when then you go out and you have a positive showing, it affirms what the Joneses might already have in the back of her head is can we produce without? That's that's what Jerry said to the met And that's what exactly what Jerry just said to the meeting. So now you're you're you got a couple of weeks, your backs against the deadline. To your point, what is the value? Does he fit the mode? Deron Bland just got paid. dB is representative of what they want as and as a contributor on defense. A premiere corner that does his job, doesn't do a bunch of hawking, doesn't cause a bunch of drama, just shows up, performs, gets out the building. That's what they want, right, I'm sure they'll they'll allow somebody to have a little bi little mouthy too, but George Picktson' not not but not cause drama or or do with it any kind of disrespect. And I'll say this, we've seen it as of last year right behind the scenes, there is a disconnect between some players and coaches and challenging of power in front of the team.
Speaker 1: That's what we're watching. And now this is this new regime, they're pretty much saying, yeah, we're not We're not doing that anymore. Real you can't build a say this. I know, we got to get to the next thing.
Speaker 2: Calvin in the chat, he said they already paid Diggs pat What did he have to be upset about? Why do they need to convince him to buy in. I'm just going to say this to you real quickly. Go back and look at the Mike situation. Feelings. People will allow feelings to miss up the bag. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: So and I and I say this, I think I said this on here.
Speaker 5: Losing Al Harris was the worst thing that could have happened for Trevmono.
Speaker 1: I think I said it's a while back, so as we lost Al, I said, that's not we talked about that.
Speaker 3: I was like for months and then of course, whenever it happened in Chicago, whenever that game happened and he's in Chicago, that was that was a talking point.
Speaker 1: Losing Ol.
Speaker 5: Owl was a big brother slash mentor slash coach for the entire room. But some guys need al more than others. Yeah, I'll put it that way. Trayvon needs ol and he needs Wright needed out, need it out. And now Nashon Wright is one of the better performing corners. So the mentor's gone his best, he's gone yep okay, and.
Speaker 3: The coach that drafted him is gone to head coach and the coach that's here, they're not joving, no, okay.
Speaker 1: Place for him.
Speaker 3: A lot of different things. Yeah, Deep and Ogage both not they're just not connecting. Nazi ye I die. So we'll see how that used to develop. I know a lot of people are really painting Green Bay as a landing spot. I think that plays a factor. I think it's a different NFC North team that.
Speaker 1: I was going to do. Yeah, I'm not going to say I think it would be.
Speaker 3: But I say it's Al Harris. Yeah, that's who's gonna go get him if I think Al makes a push for at some point in time, we'll see what the value is at some point and hopefully it all kind of subsides, and then he's back on the field and we'll see what happened. He sean to be like, No, all right's going so well. I gotta take our first break. When we come back. We've got some QB vision Cowboys offense taking on the Denver Broncos defense today. Not good, Isaiah, not good, bob uhh. We're coming back with QB vision right after this.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 2: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice? Hey can you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hon, Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow? Isn't it nice?
Speaker 1: Not having to ask?
Speaker 3: We think so.
Speaker 8: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixt minutes and more caused by a single and an impact ten more to hours. Strict as exclusions applies at dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle Coffee today.
Speaker 6: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 1: We're with you.
Speaker 6: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 3: How rid you Where are you united?
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 3: You see that Cowboys game? Oh, I watched.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you have some great talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 9: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America the Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Where your Cowboys gear to a Black Rifle Coffee Company location. Check your local maps and area. There's a bunch of them popping up everywhere, and you'll get ten percent off on game days if you wear your Cowboys apparel only on game days.
Speaker 1: But go check it out, all right?
Speaker 3: Cowboys number one total offense in twenty twenty five three and ninety yards per game on average.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 3: It's very good?
Speaker 1: Sounds good?
Speaker 7: Sounds good?
Speaker 3: How about this though? Good on good? The Broncos have the top four ranked scoring defense and total defense eighteen points per game, which is fourth in the league, two hundred and seventy three yards allowed on average, which is third in the league. So you got a top offense versus a top defense, which means this is gonna be a top edition of.
Speaker 1: Why Eddie, Why Lady? Cut up?
Speaker 3: It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback. Hey guy, we can't here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna come off the top rope right now?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, do it. I don't like already do that in the first was it just Wednesday?
Speaker 1: I don't like this. I don't like this.
Speaker 3: That's not off. It feels like you're getting out of the ring.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Rope.
Speaker 1: They already ring the bell. I am at the tables. I ambles. I am excited to see what this offense is. Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: They're number one in the in the league.
Speaker 5: I am excited to see what this offense is versus a defense that can match up Manda.
Speaker 1: Man, there you go. This is going to be a challenge.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that Dallas cannot overcome this challenge or meet this challenge. I'm just saying my bubble guts are bubbling on a Wednesday like Pops on next Friday.
Speaker 1: Stan, you don't get up. Listen these guys. They're nice.
Speaker 5: You can look at the stats, and the stats will talk to you, and I'll let the rest of my my comrades speak on all the great analytics that Denver.
Speaker 1: Has just we got a bunch of them. Yeah, there's a bunch of them. I'll allow that.
Speaker 5: Let's just talk about it in general because there's too many good players to start identifying individuals.
Speaker 1: They're that good.
Speaker 5: Good news, good news. I don't know if you hit on this yet. You want to do you want to tell people the good news?
Speaker 1: Drake Greenlaw, Yeah, Drake Greenlaw did a.
Speaker 2: Very stupid thing, really really dumb, and he was slapt on the wrist with a one game suspension.
Speaker 1: He did appeal and.
Speaker 5: Saw the video it's pretty games, I'm gonna go curse out the referee and he appealed and shaped him down to the leftis that was celebrating, yes, and went to go curse out the referee.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So what Yeah, he appealed in Big Road said you know, you can get the hell out of my office, so.
Speaker 1: Dre Greenlaw will not be on it.
Speaker 5: That is huge, Yeah, that is huge. And I can't understand that Drake Greenlaw is one of the best linebackers in football.
Speaker 7: But what sucks is that their depth is their depth, saying stupid, insane. They have starters everywhere.
Speaker 1: Stupid.
Speaker 5: On paper, this team is amazing. We know about teams that look great on paper, but can they perform, Yes, they can so. On paper it looked really good and now in the game it looks really good. This is a three four based defense. That means they have three down linemen for linebackers, and they have the corners that can guard you man to man. They don't give a dog on what type of football you want to play.
Speaker 1: Don't give it damn.
Speaker 5: They will meet you right. They have all the shoes in the trunk. They'll pop the trunk, put on whatever they need. Shoes they got, they got spikes, they got whatever you need. They've got the cap shoes that we wore back in the day. I don't even know if you guys want to talk about wild players. I mean I can go across the court for their who d line Zach Allen Nice he's at the end position. DJ Jones, big nose tackle. This dude will put your center in the in your lap as a quarterback. Franklin Meyer's hard worker Cooper number zero outside linebacker, freaking motor out of this freaking world power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just oh my goodness, the strong, the main guy.
Speaker 5: I guess you have to say, if you had to pick one, is Nick Benito number fifteen or the defensive end who will be lined up over Tyler Guiden.
Speaker 3: He's a dog.
Speaker 5: He's a freaking pit bull mixed with Rot Wilder mixed with Cane Corso. Yes, his get off the monster is insane. If you run the same snap count, he will get it. Understand it, predicted and anticipated. Every single time there is plays that I was watching on the platform that I use, I could I could literally filter out all whatever I'm looking for. So like, for instance, they have twenty nine sacks, I said, let me watch every single sack Nick Benito at times was teams that runs shotgun like Dallas. By the time the quarterback caught the ball and got his back foot set, Nick Bedino was.
Speaker 1: Four yards in the backfield. I don't like that. Like it's it's it is consistent. This isn't just okay.
Speaker 5: Every so often their dns are getting up they're outside linebacker aka dns. They're up the field, and then they're spinning back and then they're pressing your tackles at me.
Speaker 1: There's pressure.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: The entire defense plays with an edge. They play with speed. They play with a violence that starts from the inside defensive linement all the way out to their rush outside linebacker slash dns. Their corners are lanky, they're freaking long. Go go gadget arms. Okay, Dawson, would you say.
Speaker 1: Yoga? Yep? Man, listen.
Speaker 5: So I mean like they coverage wise, yeah, I mean they're gonna bring pressure. This is one one of the highest pressure teams in the league. And the way in which they bring pressure. Think about you know what everybody here in Dallas Country loved about Mike zimmer Double a gap, right, everybody lining up the line of scrimmage, who's coming, who's not coming? Defensive ends are really wide. They put a lot of stress on the communication and the responsibilities of your offensive lineman. If I'm a tackle, I'm gonna have two guys lined up outside of me. Which one am I turning to? Right Now, I have a defensive end who now crosses my face. I have to take him. Okay, Now I'm leaving the outside guy free to go run at dock. They do stuff like that all the time. They screw with your responsibilities. Once they understand what your past blocking responsibilities are, they make it very difficult running backs. You gotta keep your head on a swivel because you really don't know who's coming. Your responsibility is going to go from the a gap guy walked up in the gap all the way to the guy who's three or four yards outside the defensive end. So they put a lot of stress on those guys in the past blocking scheme which don't allow them to get out to be an outlet.
Speaker 1: The teams that have had success.
Speaker 5: I know you're a lot of a lot of people a gonna hear me and say, oh, he's making any out Like these guys are world beaters.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, they're really they're really good.
Speaker 3: Can I can I back up your point here with the analytics side, because you're talking film here, I'm talking straight numbers Broncos pass rush this year and where they rank in the NFL. Would you like to take a guess where they rank in terms of sacks? Sacks one one their first? How about quarterback hits one? Also first quarterback pressures one they're first. Sensing a trend here quarterback pressure percentage number one. Players with three or more sacks number one. Then you go to the individual stuff, most quarterback hits in the league. Zach Allen leads with eighteen out of anybody in the NWN. Yeah, that's and then you've got Nick Bedino with seventeen that are right there at the top two in the league. Crazy they get after you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm looking at the advanced portion of that. This is next g insteps to back up Coyle's point. That's backing up Isaiah's point saying my stats aren't advanced. No, I'm saying they are. Let's advance the advance. It's because I know that's from the So just nixt gin shoutout to the next gen. Twelve point eight percent sack percentage number one in the league. Uh sec EPA minus fifty four point nine, number one in the league by a large margin. Second places the Rams at forty nine. Like you're five points higher than second place. They're going to get after you, Dak And.
Speaker 7: To piggyback up when we're talking about depth in terms of the trifecta. Backup against the Giants, the Broncos had thirteen different pass rushers generate pressure on Jackson. So it's everywhere thirteen different passes.
Speaker 3: Play on the field, Bro, they're only eleven.
Speaker 1: Dude, what are you doing coming from everywhere? Secondary?
Speaker 5: Green law it really Like seriously, I say all this to say, okay, they get after Okay, so they get out of the quarterback and he got sacked. They only have a handful of interceptions. Don't be encouraged by that. Don't be encouraged by that. This is probably this is arguably the best secondary in the league. Arguably the best secondary of the league. They arguably the best corner in the league.
Speaker 3: He's Defensive Player of the Year last year for a reason, for a freaking reason.
Speaker 5: Passer ten the second their safeties just freaking Brandon Jones is lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 1: He's all over the preaking place. He can cover, he can cover.
Speaker 5: He'll come up and play your your your your slot if you want to. And then uh Telenoa Hufanga, freaking heat seeking missile.
Speaker 7: I don't know how the Niners let him go, Bro, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He just think about Troy Polamalu reincarnated. That's what he is.
Speaker 5: So physical, Like seriously, like he's I'm not saying, but he's he's what's the best way of saying, I don't even know Bro.
Speaker 1: Anyways, he's a dog. He's a dog.
Speaker 5: He's two point zero coverage wise. These guys want to play single highest safety. They want to have a guy in the box. They will do a lot of invert to. They'll still they will almost say the bad word. They will mess with Dak in terms of what the coverage is. You know what I was gonna say on the show, Yeah, exactly say that one. Yeah, I'll be definitely an in principle that one. It's difficult, man, I don't know. I don't know where else to go with it. I'll see you guys back it up with stats. They're they're they're multiple in their looks, They're multiple with their guys that can impact you. This is not a team where you can say, Okay, I'm gonna shut down Josh Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: And we're good.
Speaker 5: Yeah everybody, Yeah, and I mean and I literally mean anybody and everybody can hurt you. The fact that Drake Greenlaw is not there is a freaking blessing. But trust and belief somebody is ready to step up.
Speaker 7: They're all entirely capable and uh when again, looking at the stats here they use man coverage at the highest rate of any team in the NFL, and the parody's real guys. Two years ago, the Broncos got seventy points scored on them against the Miami Dolphins. It is a much different story now. The Dolphins are drowning and the Broncos are one of the most feared defenses in the NFL currently. It's insane the turnaround that they have got the personnel.
Speaker 1: They went out and got all their guys. They got their guys, and.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is a lot of these names are familiar because they were successful in other plays. And of course San Francisco had a couple of those guys that have played well. DJ Jones and Hafunga and those.
Speaker 1: Guys green Law, Green Laws. Jesus the.
Speaker 3: Forgot about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you gotta go pay your quarterback. You don't got to worry about Itim this week gets all.
Speaker 3: I'm taking him. I'm taking him.
Speaker 1: I'm taking him.
Speaker 3: Gimme who deserves the credit, because I mean, of course you've got the the GM there uh in George Patten, who helped put this all together. But you've got Sean Payton as the head coach, You've got Vance Joseph as the defensive coordinator for turning that all around from two years ago where they were getting seventy burgers put on them. Now it's one of the best defenses, if not the best defense for them to.
Speaker 7: Stick with Vance after as a head coach, and then I think he leaves for a year, comes back, and then they stick with it after Sean Bayton comes back. Oh yeah, he was fired.
Speaker 1: Was probably fired. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: It was a bad season, yeah, unless they played Cowboys forever. Reason that was uh, that was right, That was Vic Fangio.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 7: But to see him come back and them still with Vance, yeah, and Sean Payton had that trust in them to rebuild this defense to becoming again, like I said, one of the most feared defenses currently in the NFL.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. I tell you what.
Speaker 2: I'm just flat out excited to see this match and for every reason that we're all saying, Because just understand, the Broncos are just damn good at playing defense at all three levels, and they're all so fantastic at just redirecting the quarterback's eyes and misdirection, pre playing at the snap and whatnot. But then keep in mind the personnel. So a lot of people are going to look at the secondary and like you said, they have a damn good secondary. But most people are saying, well, all they have is Patrick Sartan. No, sir, no, sir, let me tell you about this Riley Moss guy. Okay, teams throw away from certain because teams are not dumb. You throw away from certain But when you're doing that, more often than not, who you're throwing at Riley Moss. So Riley Moss has been targeted twenty a little over twenty percent of the time. That's fourth highest rate in the entire league for anyone with at least one hundred snaps. Okay, Now, Moss has allowed a completion percentage of only forty two and a half let's set forty three percent and coverage that's the second lowest of.
Speaker 1: Any defender in the league.
Speaker 2: So you're throwing away from certain which is smart, but don't sleep on Riley Moss's ability to stay in the hip pocket of your receiver. But this is why I'm excited about it though, because, like you mentioned at the top of this segment, this is the unstoppable force meets the immovable object type situation White literally this is certain and Moss versus Ceedee Lamb and George Pickens with an MVP candidate and Dak Prescott throwing in the ball and a release valve. In the scene with Jake Ferguson, they have linebackers who can play yes like this is gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: I want to give a couple of things the reason why we do it on the other side of the break. Yeah, okay, let's take our second break. Isaiah's coming back with a couple more things.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: Fun. How's it going.
Speaker 3: You see that Cowboys game? Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent.
Speaker 2: You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 1: Cowboys make a new.
Speaker 9: Friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here.
Speaker 1: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 1: I'm home, Hey mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework.
Speaker 10: And the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 8: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incid impact in ten more towers.
Speaker 3: Strictions and exclusions apply. Dot Com Slash guarantee for details to Talking Cowboys back, You're on Talking Cowboys, of course, this segment is brought to you by invisil Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. We're all smiling because we've got Patrick noc Walker's shrod, Reagan Isaiah's standback, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. Isaiah. You had more to add on QB Vision talking about the number one offense in the league taking on quite possibly the number one defense for all.
Speaker 5: And I know people in the comments have said that we're glazing these guys. We are, we are You might want to respect them. Turn on the film. If you guys haven't everybody has.
Speaker 1: I'm not glazing, not using anybody.
Speaker 5: I'm pouring all the glazes because you better understand exactly who the heck you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: What respect them because they're damn good. Yeah. Yeah, offensively, you shouldn't be surprised on Sunday. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So defensively, sorry, defensively, they only have a handful of interceptions because they're so sticky on defense with the glades that quarterbacks are not throwing them. They're not throwing it right, they're not throwing it win under pressure because the pressure is getting there so fast, they're taking sacks. So the reason why they're so high statistically in terms of sacks and so low in terms of interceptions is because the quarterbacks are under durest.
Speaker 2: Immediately, Yes, you've got your question is Isiah, Yeah, prick. Here's here's what bodes well for the Cowboys against what you just said. Dak Prescott gets the ball out real quick. Absolutely, absolutely, he got the ball out real quick, and.
Speaker 3: He's got multiple options.
Speaker 2: He's got multiple options, left, right, middle, multiple options. This is also going to be a key game. Let's just score ahead and say it. This needs to be the javan Javonte Williams review. Yes, we believe in Javonte Williams needs to absolutely go off in this game. That will neutralize or at least help to neutralize the insane pass rush that we know that the Denver Broncos have. That will also keep the corners playing honest because they're going to have to play and run defense and run support. So that's going to wear them down a little bit. And then you have to figure out play action at that point, because now you have to respect it. And once you respect it, what is Dak Prescott really good at?
Speaker 1: Really good to play action? Okay?
Speaker 2: So between the time to throw that Dak Prescott excels in and if Javonte Williams can have a revenge game okay, or even.
Speaker 7: Just you say it again, which one say his name, oh and he appears, I believe in Gavonte.
Speaker 1: That time. There we go. So let me get a song going, so.
Speaker 2: A song for him, and I will say the Cowboys have they do have the personnel to combat this.
Speaker 5: The touchdowns that Denver has given up in the passing game have all I would say all eighty percent of them have occurred on their linebackers, So understand the underneath coverage. If you can get guys out mainly outside the numbers, it's where these things have occurred. As I went back and why your touchdowns that they gave up underneath coverage outside the numbers, beating them across the formation, that's where they have lost in terms of their.
Speaker 3: Touchdown and Dallas has been very good at that throughout the season because of the weapons that they have and how they utilize those weapons too. So there's a chance to get some and get some production.
Speaker 1: Get you, get yourself, get yourself. Just curious.
Speaker 7: Are you guys worried at all that they might have the but I think they do. Do you think that they have the ability to take away Ceedee Lamb or George picks in this game?
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be that this would be the most difficulty for both of those guys or one or the What the thing is, you got to take risks.
Speaker 1: So if you're gonna try to get the ball to those guys, you got to shoot it. You got to take you shot. It's gonna be fifty fifty balls.
Speaker 5: Are you willing to do a fifty fifty ball versus what they have out there and they're gonna go man, and that'swers.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you believe you're a guy answers.
Speaker 5: But it still is a fifty to fifty ball, and I want to emphasize that. So the biggest thing is to you guys' point, if you can get the run game going, then all the misdirection that shot he bodes well. And if you can get misdirection going, then these guys have to hit their breaks. They have to hit their e breaks. They can't come and get after your quarterback because they are now responsible for their guys getting out.
Speaker 3: Ceedee Lamb and George Pickens probably each have fifty yards or more in this game. If Javonte Williams establishes the run early, yes, if they're able to get it going in the initial part. You look at what Dak Prescott has done this season, and really over the last four weeks, He's had four straight games with three passing touchdowns no interceptions in the same game four straight weeks. That's the second longest streak since the NFL merger, only behind Russell Wilson back in twenty fifteen, who had five games NRO. But you look at the teams that they played in those four games Green Bay defensively, that's probably the toughest task over the four games because then they played the Jets, the Panthers, and the Commanders in those four games. This is a different animal. Yes, completely, it's a Bronco and I think, sorry, Dale good rather than a Panther. Yeah, that's funny, that is too good. But now I'm all thrown off. With all that being said, I don't know if he's gonna have that same level of efficiency because they do man up so well on the outside, because he's going to have interior defensive line pressure in this game. It's gonna come from the edge, it's gonna be on the inside. It's gonna happen either way. There's gonna be interior pressure forced by Denver and that's going to challenge Dak Prescott. There's going to be a mistake at some point in.
Speaker 5: The same and before we get out of it, the one thing that we have to we have not addressed because everybody's going to have an argument against it.
Speaker 1: Well, how did the Giants do so well against him? They made plays.
Speaker 5: They made a lot of plays, like some of the most contested catches that you can never imagine Jackson Dart threw it up there and his guys when got the freaking ball. These were not high percentage passes, and Scattaboy was not afraid. He afraid either, Like Scott again going across the formation of Scattaboo got it right and talking about screenplays and is of that nature. You can use their aggressiveness against them, but you have to be in position to be a threat.
Speaker 1: In that regard.
Speaker 2: The good thing is you have the personnel to do exactly what you just said the Giants did. You have guys who can make the place get the fifty to fifty balls, and you have a running back who not necessarily inspired scatable. But Javante is a bully dude, and jargon is going in there. And this is the same Broncos team that didn't feel that he had anything left say.
Speaker 7: It again, Yeah, should we believe in Javante?
Speaker 3: We believe in Javonte.
Speaker 2: So yes, Javonte Williams, go have yourself a day and everything else will play.
Speaker 1: Off of that.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I think this is the edge to the Cowboys for me, in this one wow edge to the Cowboys. Everything we're saying is one hundred percent true about the Broncos. This is going to be the Cowboys biggest test of the season. But if Javonte can do what he what he wants to do, everything plays off of that.
Speaker 3: I think. And we'll preview, of course, the Dallas defense versus Bownecks, and I.
Speaker 1: Know that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The edge right now, Cowboys offense versus Broncos defense slight edge to Cowboys offense.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about the others.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, if you have if you have a chance in this game, the Cowboys need to have the edge in this matchup, specifically the offense versus the Denver Broncos defense.
Speaker 1: You guys are brilliant.
Speaker 3: If you know, you know, all right, We're gonna get out of here on talking Cowboys. Thanks for joining us. I hope you had some fun. For those that don't know, for those that don't know, say his name, I hope you had some fun over the last forty five minutes. We'll be back tomorrow. We're gonna preview the Dallas defense against bow Knicks, Portland Sutton and JK. Dobbins Denver Bronco's offense tomorrow. That'll be an interesting matchup as well for Patrick No S Walker for Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans saying so long from Talking Cowboys, We'll see you tomorrow. This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.