Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and he.
Speaker 3: Arms drawn.
Speaker 2: Room deep in the bowels of.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And hey, y'all, today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: Pump Freezing Executor. What pump freezing Executor? Is that a.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court case that could be fundamental in the developing news in this early part of the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's something I've never even heard of. So here I have a chance to learn something today. I'm telling you don't mess with Humphreys executor. He will break you in half. Boy, of course, I got a mix of bird flu and what's that three letter one that's going around RSV RSV? What's that stand for respiratory sinkial virus something like that. I don't think I am not a doctor, Jack, I think I got bird flu and monkey pucks.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh wow, that had to be quite a party. It was. We had fun.
Speaker 1: We all knew it was risky, but we had a good time. The memories will last forever. The videos will never be disclosed. No, we're all working from home now though, So it didn't go well, so you're ailing, huh, yeah, what are you gonna do? So midnight last night was the deadline for you lazy government workers to put in your list of the five things that you did last week. And the deadline kind of came and went, and a whole bunch of different department said, Hey, I don't worry about it, and uh, I don't know where we are on all that now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to over.
Speaker 1: React to anything, because that's kind of what you do when Trump is in the White House. But I don't think it's a good look to issue spurious orders that people kind of snicker at and ignore. Ere Elon Moskin all, you got the ear of the President. I love the doge thing. It's just don't do that. Why would you? It does water down the next directive, doesn't it. Yeah, you know it's funny the counter arguments of burbling up. In my mind, Elon would probably say, no, I just wanted everybody to be talking about government workers having to prove what they do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, that's why you're on SpaceX and I don't run anything. Well, we probably have the clip, but Donald Trump explained, any estates is just to see if there's anybody there. I mean, if we don't get any response, will assume that there's nobody even doing that. We've got all kinds of people out there that don't even go to work that we're paying, and we're just trying to figure that out step one. So that's the way Trump explained it yesterday. But the fact that so many departments, including CHRISTINEO DHS Patel at FBI, his reasoning was, we got way too many security issues to do this sort of thing. But s and then another of other departments did join in. But yeah, ultimately, I just wonder what you wonder if it doesn't just like take a little the air out of the whole doge thing and like the next big directive to come down the line, people kind of shrug at in a way that they wouldn't have before. So we'll see, right, And just more generally, it matters in a system like ours whether you have popular support or not. Obviously it matters come election time. But just cultural speaking, if the country were to be swept up in doge mania and just be thrilled at the idea of waste and fraud being eliminated and no show workers fired from their jobs and taxes being lowered. That would matter fundamentally.
Speaker 2: To how successful it is.
Speaker 1: So I just I can't decide if this one was a dopey or again, maybe he just wanted America talking about government workers.
Speaker 2: What do they do? I'm sure we'll have to say.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but Manny, never ending mass media attention to here's someone who thought they could work in the department forever and found out differently. I planned to be here till I die, and now I don't know what I'm gonna do. Yeah, welcome to the rest of everybody else. I just don't think that's landing the way they think it's landing for America, though I would agree those stories.
Speaker 2: I moved here for this job. Yes, I moved for a job one time too, and it didn't work out. It just it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a headline in the New York Times today fired federal workers worry about housing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure they do. And what else?
Speaker 1: Joe Jones worked for the Department of Labor for twenty three years doing something and now wonders, Yeah, I'm sure he does doing something God, the idea that that government employment is as sacrosanct, it's permanent. It's like being some sort of high priest. Just stop it, America. What the what the hell? What? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: Did well?
Speaker 1: This attitude is crept upon us. Now it's infected the national psyche. Everybody has weird assumptions.
Speaker 2: I got a question for you.
Speaker 1: Since we're in the middle of a quadramic or maybe even a quintemic, with four or five diseases.
Speaker 2: Going around the country at one time, how.
Speaker 1: Often do you feel like when you feel kind of like I feel, is going to the doctor worth it?
Speaker 2: We're a waste of time.
Speaker 1: I feel like most of the time it's a waste of time in my life experience. Yeah, yeah, I would say, you know, unless you have like a high fever or there's just developed like really weird symptoms.
Speaker 2: There's nothing there.
Speaker 1: There's no medicine that you can't get over the counter, probably and.
Speaker 2: Rest, take some tile and all. I'll drink plenty of fluids.
Speaker 1: When the doctor says rests, always want to say, sir, are you gonna come take my kids to school?
Speaker 2: Or how's this gonna work?
Speaker 1: Could you get that lady up in the front office. She didn't seem busy. Can I borrow her for the afternoon? Actually, you know what, It's funny. I'm in a very cheery frame of mind, delighted to be here with that's good. My friend's doing my job, and I don't want to get into what I texted you about.
Speaker 2: I want to hear that.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that it's well see, no, no, because then I will be angry, and I will I will yell bad words, and I will want to murder people.
Speaker 2: Specific people.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe maybe you feel good and happy, but we the listener like angry Joe. So if we can poke you with a stick and maybe remind you of things that have gone wrong in your life in the past, anything to get you. I just I worry that every time I get into that headspace it shortens my life by five minutes, like smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 2: Would that be something if.
Speaker 1: They found that out, you might You might not know this because I think this is way back in the day, But anyway, they used to say every cigarette shortens your life by seven minutes.
Speaker 2: If they could do that, every time you.
Speaker 1: Get pissed off it shortens your life by ten minutes, that'd be funny.
Speaker 2: We definitely would happen inside of dob okay, deepress, deep press.
Speaker 1: Every time you get cussing angry, it shortens your life by a quarter of an hour.
Speaker 2: Well, can I get some sort of preview of the last six hours of my life? Maybe that's a good thing, you know.
Speaker 1: God, Henry and I had a good discussion about that the other day, pretty heavy, And maybe I'll get to it later because it takes a lot of time. I don't remember how we started, but we oh the idea of dying in natural causes and how that used to be just a thing and now it no longer is they always have to name the specific thing that you died of, as opposed to you know, you're ninety seven years old, right. And then mainly the statistic that if you ask people if they want to die at home or at a hospital, it's almost one hundred percent of people want to die at home. The reality is almost one hundred percent of people die at a hospital. And how crazy that is that we're that far off of our wants from what we do. It's perverse. Yeah, yeah, it's troubling. I'm sure there is some really really good journalism out there. On why that is, and soon, folks, the discussion will take a cheerier turn, I promise. But that is so ugly and perverse it's hard to believe it exists. What could be more my choice. There's also the statistics. I don't have them in front of me, but I know it. Something like ninety percent of the money you spend on healthcare in your life is in the last two weeks of your life or something like that.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of money changes hands in those last couple of weeks. Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 1: Anywhow, that's an interesting topic we should start to show officially before the FCC, which I don't know how many of them responded with their list of the five things they did last week we spent Armstrong and Gaudia warning them for their language. That was one of those there, Nippen champagne, some country clubs.
Speaker 2: What did they even do? I'm probably a mouse Jut they'll have gide on this.
Speaker 1: It is Tuesday, February the twenty fifty or twenty twenty five, where Armstrong and getting we approved of this program. Let's begin then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 2: Here we go at Mark Jender the set of preface we have. Woman is a social construct that we've agreed upon.
Speaker 1: Typically we imagine womanhood as make a or whatever.
Speaker 2: There is a difference between.
Speaker 1: The word woman and being a biological female.
Speaker 2: Woman is a social contract that we use. That's a teacher or not just in college students.
Speaker 1: That's an educator who has declared that woman is whatever you want it to be, not it's completely different from biological female. All right, I can barely bother to break a sweat to answer an argument that idiotic and like came around ten minutes ago and is rejected by the vast majority of humans on earth. And when I say vast majority, it's like everyone that is a conservative commentator who's gone on college campuses and gotten into some arguments with various teachers and students, and pretty revelatory as to the attitudes on some of our campuses. And then you need to decide whether you need to want to send your kids there or if you've already sent your kids, if that was a good idea, right, speaking of popular consciousness, and if the society gets behind something, you know, it's like who was it? There's a great Supreme Court Lincoln Mark Twain, John Wayne, and somebody said essentially that if the John Wayne, if the people, if the culture values the Constitution, nobody can threaten it, really and if the culture doesn't support the Constitution, no court can save it. We have to believe in what we're doing. Anyway, It's I think it's really important to have people aware of how crazy education has gotten because it's off the rails. Speaking of author rails, we should probably take a break and have a time for Katy's headlines. Katie's headlines, We've got mail bag. Later this hour, we'll get into some of the news of the day all on the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here. Wall Street Journal Editorial Board. Yesterday a sad day for the United States at the UN. We can talk about that later. That vote came down while we're on the air.
Speaker 1: We voted with Russia and some of the other awful countries of the world against the idea of saying Russia's a bad guy. Well, yeah, yeah, we can talk about that looking forward to that. Also, Humphreys Executor and it's outsized effect on the American scene and how it's an idiotic court case that ought to be overturned and that will definitely change the look of federal government. Oh really, and that's in play because of what's going on now. Yeah, to a large extent, it's these these organizations of these bodies, these departments that are created by an Act of Congress, but then they exercise executive power, but they're answerable to nobody democratically speaking, they're not answerable to the executive branch. And it was a dopey, in my opinion, nineteen thirty five Supreme Court case during FDR's reign of socialist terror that said.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can do that, and it really hasn't been tested since that I know of anyway, But that's in play.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that among other things to come.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's figure out who's reporting what it's sorry, the monkey.
Speaker 2: Pots, monkey pomps. Katie Greek Katie from the Washington Post.
Speaker 4: Trump administration tells agencies that they can ignore Musk order on email reply.
Speaker 2: So who said that, Trump said?
Speaker 4: Trump Administration telling agencies Okay. From Newsweek, Putin says Zelenski has quote no chance in fair election as Ukrainians grow frustrated with his leadership.
Speaker 2: That's just not true.
Speaker 1: I don't he's trying to posture himself for the negotiations from the putin A. So I've said many times it's like trying to manipulate an alligator emotionally. He doesn't care whether you kiss his ass or threaten him. He doesn't care.
Speaker 4: From Fox News, Israel delays Palestinian prisoner release over Hamas disgusting hostage ceremony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk about that a little bit later on us. It's absolutely horrifying. It will probably mean the end of this quote unquote peace process, which has been phony from the beginning. And those two little kids were murdered, murdered with the bare hands of Hamas. Little kids or babies, well right, they were mutilated to look like it was a bombing, even though the autopsies were unequivocal. So, yeah, if you weren't, This happened after we got off the air on Friday. But when the Harmas gave back the mom and her two dead babies, the babies had been murdered and the mom wasn't the mom, and the caskets were locked. It was all kinds of horrible jerking around Israel, and there's no way Israel should put up with it.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's intentional. It will get you know. I don't want to get off on this tangent.
Speaker 1: But Hamas doesn't want peace for a second. They want war.
Speaker 2: I say give it to them.
Speaker 4: The wording on this is priceless USA Today. Trump's announcement of a right wing media figure as FBI's deputy director has.
Speaker 2: The bureau worried. And we'll see how it goes. He's a smart guy.
Speaker 1: It's an unconventional choice.
Speaker 4: ABC News apprehensions along the Southern border plummeted in January.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the word got out that there's no point in coming to the border because you're not gonna get in, and if you get in, you're gonna get deported.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the message we needed out there in the world.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that too.
Speaker 1: A really interesting perspective from a smart, fairly moderate guy at The New York Times, pointing out that there is not a single country on Earth that has permitted rampant immigration that hasn't seen their right wing emerged to stop it with huge popular support.
Speaker 4: Shocking NBC fake video of Trump kissing Musk's feet displayed at HUD office in Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the HUD Headquarters Housing and Urban Development from They got TV screens, you know, in the lobbies and here and there, and somebody was it AI or something?
Speaker 2: It's AI. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also heard it described as a toe sucking video.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was more toe Yeah, oh my, that is gross. It is. I mean, I know some of you like it, but okay. Moving on New York. Oh boy, New York posts.
Speaker 4: Married couple forced to sit next to woman's dead body after she drops dead on fifteen hour flight.
Speaker 2: Wow, can I get a different seat? Poet M can't fight. I don't think she'll mind. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Finally the Babylon Trump fired after forgetting to reply.
Speaker 2: To Elon's email. Yeah, i'd be.
Speaker 1: Jamming her up in the overhead compartment. Can I move your bag? I need to fit her up in here? Bender always, Well, if you're gonna leave her in the seat next to me, literally anywhere but right pressing against my elbow, ikey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the arm rest is mine. Dead lady.
Speaker 1: If you miss an hour of the show, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great because we have people that don't show up to work and nobody even knows if.
Speaker 2: They work for the government.
Speaker 3: So by asking the question tell us what you did this week, what he's doing is saying are you actually working? And then if you don't answer, like you sort of semi fired or you fired because a lot of people are not answering because they don't even exist.
Speaker 5: Trying to turn feral workers into this sort of protected class of victims, I think is a bad spin. Like this is a country with massive private sector churn. People lose their jobs all the time, and to say this is all outrageous, I don't think as the political salience of this where it's going to matter, and all of this is competence.
Speaker 2: When does it.
Speaker 5: Seem like these guys are doing all of this chaos stuff for chaos's sake rather than actually making the government more efficient and more responsive to people's needs.
Speaker 2: And time will tell on that.
Speaker 1: Jonah Goldberg of the Dispatch, There, you got to remember the trump of the White House before that, you got to remember that the pushback is driven mostly by they think it's horrifying that any government worker would ever be challenged or fired.
Speaker 2: That's what drives their emotion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think some of that sincere and I think some of it is just the if the other side is doing it, I must act as if it's outrageous and horrifying, even if it's fairly mundane. I like reining in the bloat of the federal government. How can you be in favor of bloat. I don't think anybody really is. But if Trump's doing it, it's a horror. You know, as a physical feeling. That might be my least favorite feeling. Might bloat, bloated. I I prefer bloated to desiccate it.
Speaker 2: Let's see that's completely dried out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if that that happens to me very often, but yeah, I do not like the feeling of being bloated.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, noted.
Speaker 1: So a couple of things on the quick side, but I think are pretty interesting. One of the things that Trump administration is doing is going after these quasi independent agencies. Maybe it's the National Labor Relations Board or some of the other agencies and commissions, Federal Trade Commission, you know that sort of thing. If it's not an actual cabinet and it says commission or board, it's it's one of these quasi independent agencies, you know, decreed by Congress, but then but.
Speaker 2: Then answerable to nobody.
Speaker 1: And there are a couple of disputes going on right now having to do with Trump firing the heads of some of these things, including a woman by the name of gwyn will Cox who's a Democratic member of the National Labor Relations Board. And the reason it's interesting is that she and her lawyers are saying firing her is a blatant violation of a statute as well as a nineteen thirty five president called Humphreys executor, and that is virtually.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm not an expert on this, but apparently the Supreme Court has not really taken a serious look at these agencies. Independent I'm quoting now from who wrote to Oh, it's the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal. Independent agencies are a constitutional chimera, that is like a half.
Speaker 2: Man, half beast.
Speaker 1: Yet the High Court blessed them sort of in the Humphreys case. They said, quote, the Federal Trade Commission is an administrative body created by Congress to carry into effect legislative policies. Its duties are per formed without executive leave, meaning control, and then the contemplation of the statute must be free from executive control. Now, these bodies regulate much of the US economy, and they're democlarocratically answerable to well who exactly?
Speaker 2: Well, right, that's why it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: People yelling on the street about who elected Elon Musk, Who elected all these people that are making up these rules, sending me letters saying I got to sending more money or I'm going to jail and whatnot. Right, Yeah, So you know, to paraphrase the Constitution, the Congress writs the laws and then the executive branch takes pains to execute them faithfully. Right, Well, let's go back to that quote from the Supreme Court in FDR's super progressive era, the Federal Trade Commission is an administrative body created by Congress. Too. Here's the key phrase, carry into effect legislative policies. Does that not sound like the executive branch? What does carry into effect legislative policies mean? Probably enforce the laws means you can probably do anything you want. Well, exactly, you function as the executive branch. And the idea that that's a fourth branch, a government not answerable to the actual executive branch.
Speaker 2: To me is looney tunes.
Speaker 1: So this is it reminds me of the overturning of the Chevron deference case earlier by the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: I guess last fall.
Speaker 1: I think it's terrific and it could have a fundamental freeing effect on the economy, which means, you know, higher wages, more economic activity, less paperwork for everybody. I was, so the bottom line, you think the Supreme Court is going to have to deal with this and come up with some rules.
Speaker 2: I think there's a really good chance.
Speaker 1: Although often, you know, we Supreme Court watchers, Jack are sometimes surprised and disappointed that the Court says, nah, we're not going to look at that one, or tells the Appeals Court they just tweak.
Speaker 2: It a little bit. You know that the time is here for bold action.
Speaker 1: Other thing I promised we would talk about. Ah, And it's interesting. David Leonhardt is he's an editor writer with the New York Times. He does their morning newsletter. Thinking he is remarkably moderate for a New York Times guy, and a very smart guy. You know, I disagree with him a fair amount, but he's one of those reasonable lefties. But he published a Twitter thread and then an article that expands on it, and I'm just gonna read you part of it. The left has lost power in the US, in Germany, Italy and Sweden, Canada and Australia appear to be next, and the far right is growing across the West. And the point of his article is, but there is one European country where the left has won reelection and marginalized the far right, Denmark. Why And then he goes into some detail about Denmark's center left party is way left. Part of that is because of oil money. Denmark lives in a fan tannessy Land. It's a small, homogeneous country that you know, everybody's ordained pretty much, that has humongous amounts of oil revenue, and so they don't have to behave like a normal economy and government behave.
Speaker 2: So they're not a great example of much.
Speaker 1: But he points out that the key difference between Denmark's center left and the center left in the US and much of Europe is that Danish progressives listen to working class voters on immigration and reduced immigration levels. As Prime Minister Unpronounceable told me, immigration is the number one reason that the Danish left still governs even when the left is in retreat most everywhere else. Consider this around the world. There is not one clear example of a country that has accepted large numbers of newcomers in recent decades. I would point out, like completely willy nilly too, there is not one clear example of a country that's accepted large numbers of newcomers in recent decades while marginalizing the far and reducing inequality. Immigrations and is now roiling politics in the US, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Europe, and the Left's recent strategy lecturing working class voters and ignoring the burdens on their communities has not worked. And of course not Oh yeah, there's no doubt that if Biden had cracked down on the border, he wouldn't have stated in office because of actuary tables, but a Kamala or someone could have won, no doubt. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, and what a nightmare that would have been. So I don't want to have like Stockholm syndrome where I'm trying to please my kidnappers. So he won't beat me anymore or whatever with the mainstream media. But because I love my country more than you know, kicking the left.
Speaker 2: The fact that.
Speaker 1: The New York Times is saying, hey, immigration policy has been abusive of the working class and they're not taking it. And you know what else they're right is crazy over but I'm glad to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool. And then that whole thing with uh Humphreys what you might call it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Humphrey's executor, don't mess with him and scrotum watchers are going to be seen if the Supreme Court takes that up. Scotis Scotus is the generally usedttus acronym.
Speaker 2: I get that mixed up all the time. Oh that's that's got to be uncomfortable. You have to file an appeal.
Speaker 1: Well, and I've had some funny exchanges in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: We've got mail bag on the way.
Speaker 1: Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 2: Four drinking songs. I've been drinking nightwith. That's what I'm drinking. He is feeling a bit festive last night? Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It got a little Thursday night ish on Monday night. Got Thursday on a Monday gotcha. Yeah, I'm reminded of the great old ninety seven song Every night is Friday Night Without You. Anyway, it was lovely and I was just feeling festive and perhaps tip the glass once more than.
Speaker 2: I needed to. But what are you gonna do? How many time you're gonna do? How many times do you live? Once? Once?
Speaker 3: Ish?
Speaker 2: Right, no offense to our Buddhist friends, yolo.
Speaker 1: Their belief in reincarnation sounds like, I don't know, an opportunity and a punishment. Well, it depends what kind of life you live, right, You want to come back as a human or a bug?
Speaker 2: Could being a jerk. You're gonna come back as a bug.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, continuing on our series from George Washington.
Speaker 2: A couple of them because they're short.
Speaker 1: Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patriotism isn't always the last refuge of a scoundrel, but it is sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then finally this, this is.
Speaker 1: A hundreds of year old version of one of your favorite sayings, Jack, that the truth bats last. Well, Washington, not a baseball fan, according to the historical record, didn't get that reference. He said truth will ultimately prevail where there are pains to bring it to light.
Speaker 2: Reality bats last.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it takes a long damn time, though the liars are good at their jobs. Mailbag drops no mailbag at Armstrong and Getty dot Com will begin with a bonus quote set along by Scott from Bordeaux, France. Wow, that's a humble brag again, no kidding, legendary wine growing region, speaking of tipping the glass. I'd like to get there sometime myself. I tried and the trip was canceled by the damn COVID. Anyway, he quotes Margaret Thatcher, who said power is like being a lady.
Speaker 2: If you have to tell people you are, you aren't good one. I love that. Maggie Thatcher, and.
Speaker 1: Scott points out this one inadvertently also hits on Joe's gender bending madness. If you have to say I'm a woman, you know, speaking of hubble brags. I know someone that every story they tell has to include when I was in law school, just to make sure everybody.
Speaker 2: Knows they went to law school.
Speaker 1: You can't say when I was in college. You gotta always say when I was in law school or when I was younger. You don't even need to say when you were in college.
Speaker 2: We're back in school. Yeah, how about I go with this one?
Speaker 1: Just before I got my PhD, and it's still before I got my PhD. Right now, that's a good one. There you go right any minute though, I was working on my PhD. When which is more or less it will be the day I croak. Anyway, let's see Ted Wrights, guys, the left wants to call mothers inseminated persons.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Proposed law in Wisconsin, Tony Evers. The communist governors in favor of this garbage inseminated persons. Really, they want to reduce pregnant women to something out of the Handmaid's Tale.
Speaker 2: Irony.
Speaker 1: Michael Savage always claimed that liberalism was a mental disorder. I always assumed he was just being hyperbolic. But when you look at what the left has become and what they support, mmmm, Well, in Wisconsin, of all places, you can't get more regular person salt of the earth the Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: And then you got the government in charges wack of doodles.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the problem with our system, which is a wonderful system. But you got a handful of giant college towns, and then they enter the big cities in Wisconsin and they dominate what is geographically a very big, very red state. Moving along, rest in peace, ROBERTA. Flack Right, Zabo I dismissed her as a fine, you know, soft pop singer, not realizing what a jazz genius she was. My ignorance on display, I apologize for it, he writes, Those squealing corn pigs today couldn't order a pizza over the phone without auto tune, let alone to be worthy to even be a Roady carrying ROBERTA Flax microphones squealing corn pigs.
Speaker 2: I just like this sentence.
Speaker 1: Wow, couldn't order a pizza on the phone without auto tune. That's a great blast. Sabbo jt and Livermore are always good for a great email, says I don't know if Trump is playing seven dimensional chess or if he's utilizing utilizing the art tactics from the Art of war, if he's secretly a tai Chi master. But Trump a derangement syndrome, and Trump's first term showed pretty clearly that the left would oppose anything Trump stood for. Trump wanted secure borders, low crime, kids back in school during COVID, Then the left felt they must take the opposite positions. So what does Trump do in his second term? He picks dozens of policies that have eighty plus percent support and dares the left to take the opposite stance, and they do just that. They step on every rake that Trump leaves around. They want massive illegal immigration, high crime, massive wasteful government spending, green energy, doggles, poorn in elementary school libraries. They want to protect convicted murders, rapists, and pedophiles from being deported. They want to spend billions of dollars on trans plays in foreign countries. Want to continue their racist d I programs. They want men to play in women's sports and be in women's locker rooms. They want to continue to sexualize grade school kids and to perform irreversible experimental surgeries on preprebescent kids against the wishes of their parents. How dumb can one party be? Well, I'm saying just just let's be smart, let's be strategic, not give them an opening. Let's see a grant.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, maybe I'm giving Trump too much credit, But what if he's using this mineral rights issue with Ukraine to strong arm Russia. Once the US owns those minerals, couldn't we defend them from Russia? Well, yeah, that is many people's take. Not this way, but more of the good news in this would be we would have a real interest in making sure Russia doesn't take over Ukraine.
Speaker 2: That would be the security guarantee.
Speaker 1: You probably you're definitely onto something grant and we'll talk about that more later. Love this from Matt Land, surveyor, longtime friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show. Helped me out personally once or twice. Dear a g read the California bull s train. You're discussing that a majority Californians are still in favor of it. Effing kill me right. Your explanation of why was a good one makes sense. The polling question was worded intentionally and could easily mislead the average Californian who's not really paying attention. Classic polling technique. He said, there may be even more to that. Back to Trump derangement syndrome, Trump said he was against the bullet train. Therefore the blue voters in California are for it. I'm waiting for the day that Trump comes out pro abortion even up to the third trimester, and that it's permissible in all fifty states and that the federal government will pay for it, because I'm convinced that liberals will then start talking about baby killing and the sanctity of life, while Republicans will begin reciting whatever reason Trump gives being pro abortion.
Speaker 2: Does anyone think for themselves anymore? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Trump should say every girl's volleyball team has to have at least one dude on it, and the mainstream medium, the left would go opposite women's rights.
Speaker 2: Why don't we protect wemen's faces. This is the misogyny of the Trumpet ministration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he may be right that that that Ukraine issue with the mineral rights and stuff, that's really interesting. So we if we were getting like fifty percent of the revenue or whatever they're going to work out, then Trump would say to putin or the agreement would be hey, and that's that's that's a lot of money for us.
Speaker 2: So don't be going to mess in with our with our with our hustle, and I will steal man, as we say these days.
Speaker 1: The Trump administration foreign policy philosophy that seems to be taking shape of a great powers world as opposed to an international order, laws and traditions world. I'm not sure I agree with it, but at least we can understand what he is trying to do it. I think so or on that to come coming up next hour. Kicking off next hour, Tom McClintock, Congressman, fiscal conservative, who wants to talk about Doge, how it's going, some of the idiotic coverage it's getting in the media.
Speaker 2: I think this will gratify yee. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd like to talk to him about where he thinks we are on the big tax bill, because the Trump tax cuts expire and they got to get to work on that real soon, like in the next couple of weeks, and that's going to be quite the political battle.
Speaker 2: And I haven't paid my taxes in like ten years, so I'd like to know what the future looks like.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, if you miss podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty