Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Kaddy arm.
Speaker 2: Strong and Chatty and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: From the studio scene see signor.
Speaker 4: It is a dimly lit room deep with in the bowels of the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound, which is located in California, which plays into a lot of today's showing. Today we're under the tutelage of our general manager co general managers Karen Bass and Gavin Newsom Tode the brilliant leadership of A Los Angeles and b KEL Unicornia itself.
Speaker 1: The mayor and the governor. What a couple of paragons of wise governance they are.
Speaker 4: So One of my favorite things that following politics all these years is if you're in trouble, you say, now is not the time for finger pointing. When you're on the other side of it and you see smell blood in the water, it's absolutely the time for finger pointing. And everybody does exactly the same thing, both parties. Everybody had just it flips scripts depending on who's in trouble at the time. But if you're in trouble, you say now is that time for finger pointing one.
Speaker 1: Of the finest lines ever delivered by thespian Homer J. Simpson after he'd screwed up the Simpsons Lives completely.
Speaker 3: We could play the blame game.
Speaker 4: Right, Mark Alpn writes is a newsletter today, hell hath no fury like a homeless celebrity. Or put another way, he said, a Los Angeles conservative is a liberal actor who blames Newsome bass in decades of liberal government governance for their houses burning down.
Speaker 3: That could be true. That might play out for quite some time.
Speaker 4: La has the largest economy of any city in the United States of America. Forty thousand acres so far have burned It ain't over yet, ain't even closed.
Speaker 3: Over seventy five.
Speaker 4: Mile an hour wins over the next several days, and the biggest fire is still not even close to contained. Over twelve thousand structures, homes, and businesses that have burned down.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just a stunning number.
Speaker 4: Second largest school district in the whole country down the entire week last week, some of it opening back up today. Major major disruption, and the loss of life is starting to climb up there. Twenty four now, with a couple dozen people missing, and then a lot of people had been predicting this sort of thing for many, many years, as we're hinting at, and we'll hear clips about coming up, not being prepared, or funds going different directions, knowing that the LA area was a tinderbox and.
Speaker 3: This could happen.
Speaker 1: And for the love of Heaven, can we stop talking about celebrities. There are thousands and thousands of just everyday Americans, working folks, retired folks have lost their homes. I mean, if you're extra fascinated that Steve Gutenberg, who's done us no wrong. I am not anti Steve Guttenberg, but you find it so fascinating that, Wow, he's an actual guy with an actual house. An actual fire's actually bad for.
Speaker 4: His actual house.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, Well he'll read Doctor Seuss or something. Oh that reminds me. I'm very excited about this. I'm thinking maybe our two. I've come across a new definition of stupid that fascinates me. How do you praise if someone stupid? I love that, and I know it sounds stupid in and of itself in one way, but trust me when I say, well, it's a thought provoking A mental framework to put on human activity.
Speaker 4: It's the flip side of how do you assess if someone smart, which is also very very difficult, and what that means. Well, the only reason I brought up celebrity and I would agree with you any any anybody or outlet that tries to pretend it's a bigger deal if Sylvester Stallone's home burns down than somebody else's.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: But indeed, anybody who pretends like it's a smaller deal because it's quote unquote a bunch of rich people, right, you're an ass and I hate Oh that was too strong.
Speaker 4: I APOLOGI so at Halprin's point is they get a lot of attention and if they are hell half no fury, like a homeless celebrity, they could drive the politics on this, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, there's the whole rich thing. Though.
Speaker 4: There is no doubt that if you got money you're gonna have to be in a hotel for a couple of weeks is different than if you don't got money. I mean, now, completely different world. And I just heard the insurance Commissioner of California. Maybe this's just taken out of context, and it doesn't sound as bad as it seemed when it was played on NPR.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was their point, but is the.
Speaker 4: Insurance commissioner saying and the last thing people should be worrying about is insurance right now? You know, this is the time to worry about your your your family and whether you know everybody's safe. And I thought, okay, as soon as I've counted my family and we're all here, my second thought is how am I going to pay for all this?
Speaker 3: That's my second thought. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: There was one point I think it was him, Laura was trying to make that don't sign anything right now because a lot of the insurance company.
Speaker 3: But here's here's settlement. I believe that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Yeah, I do not sign anything. Yeah, but you might be in a situation where you got no money. You're putting your whole family in a hotel for the next week, and you're paying the bill tomorrow, and the insurance company's offering you checking you've got no other money. I can see how it'd be very enticing.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, So, Yeah, it's nightmarish. And the competition for hotel rooms and rental units of any sort has gone berserk, obviously, with thousands of families homeless just trying to rent anything at any terms, and rents their Skyrocketing's stawful.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't You didn't think that anywhere in the world. Some of the most well known iconic everybody's seen it, people travel from around the globe to witness its stuff could.
Speaker 3: Be destroyed by mother nature like this, well and a fire.
Speaker 1: I do history tours everywhere I go, and I'm kind of used to the old and then the Great Fire of eighteen forty hit or whatever, and it, you know, torched the town. They had to rebuild, et cetera. And every time I hear that, I think, thank God. We live in the modern world, modern building materia, materials of firefighting equipment, et cetera, et cetera, But no match for a horrendous confluence of natural phenomenon in the phenomena in the uh in the hills of California, and be utterly incompetent leadership right for.
Speaker 4: Years and years, you combine a uh not normal one hundred mile an hour wind gusts for several days in a row with mismanagement, You got it.
Speaker 3: Well you got what you got, what you're seeing on TV every night?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, in a helpful metaphor, might be because it is absolutely true that the natural, the weather, you know, related situation is crazy, unfortunate and very very rare.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 1: But it's like if I gamble and do drugs all the time, I've spent my family, say I've lived a profligate, indefensible lifestyle, and then I blow a tire and I say to my wife.
Speaker 3: Or broke because I blew a tire? Is that my faults? Right?
Speaker 1: No, that's the story of California is exactly. There's a reason people are fleeing one of the most beautiful places on earth by the hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 4: Oh, I heard this stat Let me find this real quick because I thought this was damned interesting about.
Speaker 3: So here it is.
Speaker 4: There are one hundred and seventy seven thousand taxpayers in California that pay roughly half of all state taxes.
Speaker 3: How many of.
Speaker 4: Their homes or businesses were the twelve thousand destroyed in the fire? And do you think they're going to sit around for the average of five years it takes to get permits to rebuild and stay in the state. I wonder about that, or at least in the area if they were in before. Maybe maybe not. This is this is a crowd for a lot of these people that have options, and maybe.
Speaker 3: Their best option isn't returning to the same spot.
Speaker 1: The fallout will last for many, many years, and it's worth mentioning, especially for folks around the country who are like, I get it, there's a fire in LA. This could be the greatest natural disaster well, certainly in the top couple in US his time. Absolutely up there with like gigantic hurricanes.
Speaker 4: Cost wise, it definitely can be a Yeah, it's quite stunny.
Speaker 3: Well, I hadn't.
Speaker 4: Watched a lot of the videos in the last week because I thought, you know, I've seen a lot of really bad fires. I'm sure it looks a lot like that. I was watching a video last night during the one hundred mile an hour winds. It looked like it was CGI or something. It looked like something from a space movie. The way the fire hurricane blow us exploding down the street.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: And as I heard some fire chief person somewhere yesterday say, it wouldn't have mattered if we had every truck in the country here at points last week there was nothing that could have been done with that fire in those winds.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that is true, That's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: And it's also true that this will shine a light on the horrifically unwise leaders California in LA for a very very long time. We cannot let those who would prefer sane governance not utterly idiotic, corrupt governance. And I'm not saying that as some sort of hyperbolic talk show host trying to be exciting. The depths of the incompetence and dishonesty of government in California is it's difficult to comprehend if you haven't lived it. But if this will expose that, even if the one hundred mile per hour gusts made it utterly unfightable, it's still worse. Pointing out the question isn't would that particular house have burned down anyway if Gavin Newsom were in a complete fraud?
Speaker 3: That's not the question.
Speaker 4: God, I don't know who his body people are, and we'll start the show officially, but dude, I think your cool guy look does you more.
Speaker 3: Harm than good.
Speaker 4: The unbuttoned tight shirt, the super cool sunglasses, the slickback hair, I really think it's doing you more harm than good. I don't think you're getting the like Kennedy vibes like you think you are. I think you're getting the douchebag vibes. Well, he's that much of a DV. Maybe that's just my you know, built in opinion of him. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, January thirteenth or twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 3: All right, let's be.
Speaker 1: Get officially then, according to this SEC rules and REGs at mark, does.
Speaker 3: The buck stop with you?
Speaker 6: I mean you're governor of California and inviting it will be the mayor of California. We're all in this together.
Speaker 5: We're all better off.
Speaker 3: We're all better off.
Speaker 5: We're all better off, and we're working together to take care of people.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's from today that as you ordered the word salad, who ordered the word salad? Well, the main word you didn't hear there was yes, does the buck stop with you as the governor? Wow? Mayors and there's governors and we're all in this together. Wow. Wow, that was Kamala Harris esque in terms of they tossed you up a ball and you better hit it out of the park, and you went.
Speaker 3: With the dods. Oh almena amenahmaa. Not good.
Speaker 4: That will be played endlessly today everywhere. Not just fuck good good, Wow, What a mistake that was. How does mailbag look?
Speaker 3: It's very good, strong start to the week.
Speaker 4: God, Why don't the leaders all figure out that if somebody asks you one of those does the book stop you do?
Speaker 3: Always say yes, Always say yes. It never works to not say yes ever. Yeah. Yeah, well, he's a weasel.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to get a weasel in human clothing and teach him to speak, So they're gonna be flaws.
Speaker 4: Mail Bag come away text line four one five two nine five k ftc.
Speaker 3: Are strong. Here's maybe an example of what Joe was talking about.
Speaker 4: The house where the doors wrote light my fire burnt down, And that's point inter.
Speaker 3: Deeper. Ironic. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: I think it's nothing. Ironic, all right, clearly ironic, all right, with a small eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. He's from Clay Routledge.
Speaker 1: Here's work I did not know he's a leading expert in existential psychology.
Speaker 3: Sure he's fun at a party.
Speaker 1: I kid, he seems like a fascinating guy. Actually, in my very quick perusal of his work. Here's here's his quote. We are living in an era of woke capitalism in which companies pretend to care about social justice to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism.
Speaker 4: That's like the Chris Rock bit. But Lululemon, we don't discriminate. He discriminated against the poor.
Speaker 1: Living in an era of volk capitalism in which companies pretend to care about social justice to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism.
Speaker 3: Well said Clay mailbag.
Speaker 1: There's a mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com from Tom and SoCal guys. Time to take California back. No new reservoirs in decades, right generations, a water policy that protects a series of species of smelt. Just wait for the inevitable changes to water policy to help save one bass.
Speaker 3: Oh, I get it, as in Karen, well, we'll play.
Speaker 4: We'll play some of the stuff from the fire chief who get a couple interviews over the weekend. But she since I don't remember the numbers, but this is close enough. Since the sixties, the population has expanded thirty times. We have actually fewer firehouses, was one thing she said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shocking, Marina and Sandiego writes, seems you missed a good comment from your best buddy, Adam Carolla on gut filed Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: Adam Corolla, Michael, we have any armstrong and gededdy.
Speaker 1: There he is, He said, it looks like there could be over sixty thousand people would be homeless tonight due to the fires, and he could almost guarantee that no one would be sleeping under a freeway over passer behind a dumpster. They're going to reach out to the network of family and friends to help them, Greg added, Yet not to people they stole from the get their drugs right. Housing is not the problem with the so called homeless problem. It's transient drug addicts moving along.
Speaker 3: Darren Rights.
Speaker 1: After a football game today, I caught part of a press conference where some government spokeshole was gushing about how they're going to streamline the process to make it really easy to get permits to rebuild after the fires, as if admitting they could have been more efficient all along, but they just chose not to be as good luck. Hey, government, here's a wild idea. How about you always try to be streamlined inefficient the stuff you're deciding to do right now to be more efficient, always do that. That's an excellent point. I'm not going to pat you on the back from momentarily deciding to suck less just because everybody is watching.
Speaker 3: Well, said Darren. That's pretty good, thunder brother, love it.
Speaker 1: How about this Ryan in Houston, dear Big Freedom and no Pie in twenty five? Uh no Pie, that's a good nickname for you.
Speaker 3: Oh no Pie.
Speaker 1: Did Newsom and Warren as in Elizabeth really send their followers to donate to Act effing Blue for donations for the LA wildfire? How tone deaf could they be? Ryan in Houston is a solid longtime correspondent. I thought, wait what and I looked it up. Sure enough, Gavin Newsom unleashed a new fact check website to combat misinformation, and it's on holy cousin disinformation. And it turns out that site has a big link to donate to Act Blue, the Democratic Party fundraising giant.
Speaker 3: Wow awful.
Speaker 1: Finally, on a totally different topic, Joe Biden and Jill Hating on Kamala at the funeral JT and livermore Right, So, I don't get why Biden's upset with Kamala. If there's one person who went above and beyond the call of duty, literally the constitutional call of duty, to remove Biden from the oval office, it would be Kamala. She had the power and the constitutional mandate to remove Biden from the presidency, but she never so much as hinted that it was something she should do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Biden shouldn't be mad at her. Of all people, Joe Biden given his final foreign policy speech today to try to talk about all these accomplishments his life.
Speaker 3: We'll see how that goes and have the highlights. We have time for it.
Speaker 1: Wow, if anybody was short on crap, you know what we need, honeys, We'll just a little more crap. The LA fire chief with a heckumited admission, gutsy admission on Friday. Maybe you missed, among other things, on the Waistay with its Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I just saw this fun fact on the TV, which I happened to know.
Speaker 4: I've known since I was a kid. Stuck in my head, how much does it gallon of water? Way worth knowing in case you ever come up with a situation and it's myself was fascinated by that very thing. Again, this is a number that stuck in my head since I was a kid, in case you have to carry a five gallon bucket or something like that. Maybe that's why I didn't remember, because I was regularly having to carry buckets of water for various jobs. A gallon of water weighs the same as the average human head, by the way, eight pounds. I've never weighed my head now I don't have to here, probably weighs a lesson. Yeah, I think you do not have the average eman head.
Speaker 3: Neither do I. We have above average heads.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about above average intelligence coming up a little bit or below average intelligence?
Speaker 3: I guess is that right?
Speaker 1: Sort of don't jump the gun there, sir, What does stupid mean?
Speaker 4: So I want to play this one more time to tease to next hour. I don't know if this is below average intelligence, it's below average skills at dealing with the crisis. Notice he doesn't say, yes, this is Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 3: Does the buck stop with you?
Speaker 6: I mean, your governor of California, inviding it will be the mayor of California.
Speaker 5: We're all in this together. We're all better off, we're all better off, we're all better off, and we're working together to take care of people.
Speaker 1: What it's like my brand new smart bot like you were telling us about Friday malfunction?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Ah, shoot, I got to reboot its speech center again.
Speaker 3: What there was? Play that again? That was odd in several different ways. Does the buck stop with you?
Speaker 6: I mean your governor of California, indviding it will be the mayor of California.
Speaker 3: We're all in this to we're.
Speaker 5: All better off, we're all better off, we're all better off, and we're working together to.
Speaker 3: Take care of people.
Speaker 4: What I say again? He was spinning. His brain was spinning. How do I answers?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: You gotta say yes. If you don't say yes, you're in trouble. As a president, governor anybody. When a big crisis is happening and people ask you if the buck stops with you, you got to say yes. If you don't want to have a butt or a caveat or something to dig yourself out of the hole, maybe you do that.
Speaker 3: You gotta say yes to a large extent, Yes, it does. Of course it does.
Speaker 4: I'm the one that can get to the bottom of this, so yes, it does. Stop with me. I'm the one that can get the answers. I am gonna get the answers. Why did the fire hydrants run out? Were we prepared? Who's at fall? What policies need to change? That's a simple answer. If we fall, if we failed, we're gonna call that out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna fix it. Right. But he can't because he.
Speaker 1: Has no.
Speaker 4: Mayor and someone that But when we work together, we work together. We worked together, he says, three times in a row for some reason.
Speaker 3: All better off.
Speaker 1: When we're all better off, and we're better off. What I'm the mayor of California. What he is a man portraying a man with character, So this is a good transition.
Speaker 4: Gavin Newsom set up a misinformation site over the weekend to combat misinformation. He thinks there's too many people putting out things that aren't true, and he's working the misinformation beat. As we all have learned over the last several years, particularly through COVID, one man's misinformation is another man's freaking facts. It's one of the problems, and there is a lot of misinformation that floats around, but.
Speaker 3: There are also a lot of facts that float around and sometimes get put down.
Speaker 4: His misinformation, which happened with, among other places, Facebook during the pandemic, and they wouldn't allow all kinds of different pieces of info that turned out to be just flat true. Why did that happen? Joe Rogan interviewed Mark Zuckerberd on Friday. Unfortunate that this happened on a Friday, headed into a playoff weekend, and with the biggest natural disaster maybe in American history going on, it kind of got bare. Here is a little bit of it, and we'll fill in the rest.
Speaker 2: Because during the Biden administration, when they were trying to roll out the vaccine program, and I'm generally like pretty pro rolling out vaccines. I think on balance the vaccines are more positive than negative. But I think that while they're trying to push that program, they also tried to censor anyone who is basically arguing against it, and they push us super hard to take down things that were honestly were true, right. I mean, they basically pushed us and said, you know, anything that says that vaccines might have side effects, you basically need to take down and I was just like, we're not going to do that, Like, we're clearly not going to do that. I mean that that is kind of in arguably.
Speaker 4: So this should be a giant scandal. Actually, I came across this on Randy Barnett's Twitter. I don't know if you know him. He's got a book out that's getting a fair amount of attention among legal nerds about originalism. He's law professor at Georgetown or George rgin Dinner, one of those East Coast fancy universities.
Speaker 3: Super smart guy. He said.
Speaker 4: The Biden administration pressure on Facebook should be a big news story and a huge scandal. It should be big enough for the Supreme Court to hear about. Mark Zuckerberg said, Biden administration officials used to call and scream at us, demanding we remove COVID related content, even things that were facts or memes or humor. When we refused, we found ourselves under investigation by several agencies.
Speaker 1: But that's that's not censorship according to that lower court that heard the case.
Speaker 3: That's a giant story.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I was yelling as loud as I could yell about that for a very long time.
Speaker 7: It needs.
Speaker 3: I have two thoughts in their kind in conflict. Number one, it's.
Speaker 1: Difficult to get real critical mass in America without some buy in from a substantial part of the mainstream media. It's just difficult to get the real tsunami going without the Washington Post, in the New York Times and that sort of media. And there are a number of different stories that we're going to talk about today that match that description. They ought to be enormous, but you can't get them to pay attention because, well, this is a perfect example because of how intensely uncomfortable they are with admitting, yeah, all the gung hoism during COVID was really misplaced and unconstitutional, and we are often on the wrong side of it. It's difficult to get people to admit that anyway. The conflicting thought is that the idea that you can't get things going without at least some participation by the mainstream media is getting less true by the day.
Speaker 4: But having out of Zuckerberg's own mouth that they the freaking government was calling him up and screaming at him to take down fact and if he refused, the Agent Sees would start getting on him and pressuring him is unbelievable. I mean that just clear cut of case of I think first minimum violation, you could practically right up in like a made up ethical walk course.
Speaker 3: Well sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the fact that they didn't say or will come in and destroy your printing press. I mean, because that's apparently what it would take to convince, for instance, the Washington Post that something terrible had taken place. No, they said, you do this for us, or we are going to regulate you to death. We're gonna investigate you to death. We're gonna screw with you every chance we have.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 4: Now, there's a fair amount of course of well, hey, Zuckerberg, you should have stood up to him.
Speaker 3: You got a big mouthpiece.
Speaker 4: You're the third richest man in the world to say this is what the government's doing and pushback. It's easier said than done if you're in that position in the midst of the pandemic and you happen to agree with the administration on a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's true.
Speaker 1: Plus, he witnessed the lock steppery of the major and minor media. I mean, except for independent media like ourselves, nobody was speaking truth to power. He just he must have made the calculation I'm gonna run this up the flagpole and nobody's gonna salute, so to hell with it. Take down the take down the Great Barrington Declaration, which was point by point correct.
Speaker 4: I appreciate Zuckerberg saying some of the things we took down flat out fact, and then a whole bunch of other stuff that were just jokes or memes, which the government obviously doesn't get to regulate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate to be sympathetic to Mark Zuckerberg, who I still believe to be on balance evil, but I would much rather have him. And I'm pissed off about the COVID stuff. I will die pissed off about it, which is probably not healthy. But I survived COVID, but I'll die of anger about COVID I anyway. But I appreciate him being here, even late to the party for what reasons, just for the sake of the First Amendment. I kind of appreciate the conversation being had late better than ever.
Speaker 3: I had another point on that.
Speaker 4: Oh, Zuckerberg went back down to mar A Lago over the weekend for some reason and talked to Trump, flew his private jet down there, parked it next to Trump Force one. He was in a suit this time and hard shoes and walked in and talked with Trump. So he's he's got some business with Trump. He's been down there a couple of times now there in recent weeks. And then a different topic but kind of similar genre is the whole TikTok thing that's going on right now and the fallout from the oral arguments and the both sides of whether or not TikTok gets banned. I listened to a couple different legal podcasts about this. It's incredibly complicated. I mean, he got so far out into the weeds of stuff that I don't understand. I didn't even know where to start. So it's a long way from a flat out free speech issue. It's a long way from a flat out China's evil boot them out. It's so complicated. But Mike Gallagher, congressman or former congressman, he stepped down.
Speaker 3: He tweeted out.
Speaker 4: TikTok essentially argued Friday that a qualified devestment is impossible because the source code and engineering remains in China. That pretty much proves the point. As long as TikTok and byte Dance are beholden to the CCP, the national security threat is too big to ignore.
Speaker 3: But the legal how you deal with that is tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Given God bless us, flowing beautifully from our last discussion, Given our worship, worship are our incredible respect for the First Amendment right.
Speaker 4: But isn't it interesting that we ended up And that's why I put these two together. We ended up in a place where for years now, we've let the Communist Chinese say whatever the hell they want about America or foreign policy decisions to try to sway our young people to believe America is in the wrong. Our own corporation Facebook was being screamed at by our own government to not allow facts to come out. Both of those things happened at the same time. Communist party gets to say whatever the hell they want. Nobody gets in the way. You try to say something that's absolutely true in the United States with an American born company and the government stops you.
Speaker 3: That's a troubling situation, it is.
Speaker 1: And it's super interesting too, because the Communist Chinese had the balls, I don't know, to object strenuously and loudly, although they were not on the wrong side from the view of the mainstream media, of Trump. Derangements like Facebook would have been right, and that is and again you will try to explain it to future generations. They will not believe you. They will not believe that grown up adults would become so childishly angry and against one human being that they would deny things that were plainly true. If the bad guy said they were false or childlessly or true I'm sorry, if he said they were true.
Speaker 4: Or childless, child childlessh hm like a child like in favor of the same guy.
Speaker 3: Either way, it ran through the Trump filter.
Speaker 4: Is this good for my guy or bad for my guy, depending on whether you hated him or loved him, And then that colored everything for some reason for years and years and years, and we got another several years of that. Probably I would simply Safe help you with the looting going on right now, maybe if your home hadn't burnt down. Certainly, if they're in your neighborhood, simply Safe could give you a help anyway, regardless crime. Simply safe good idea. I've got the system up. Every time I drive away from my home. I'm happy I got that simply Safe placard out there, letting people know I got cameras in the house and all the sensors and everything else.
Speaker 1: Crazy great discount right now, but keep in mind traditional security systems only take action after someone has already broken in.
Speaker 3: That's too late.
Speaker 1: Simply Safe active guard outdoor protection helps prevent breakings before they happen. They've got Ai powered cameras backed by live professionals monitoring you and your home to detect suspicious activity.
Speaker 4: So if you want that same peace of mind I was just talking about, we've got this New Year's discount going on with our listeners. Fifty percent off your new simply Safe system when.
Speaker 1: You order now, and these monitoring plans start affordably at around a buck a day, no long term contracts, no cancelation fees. Just go to simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan your first month free simply safe dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 4: My teenage crush, one of the first crushes of my life, TV star was tweeting yesterday about Gavin Newsom and looting and all that sort of stuff. Lef't talk about that next hour when we get into that topic, She's on our soile. I'm very happy that I chose wisely as a teenagers an indignation mixing uncomfortably in Jack's inner cauldron. Plus next hour, I can't wait to get to this functional, functional definition of stupid that I found just super thoughtful folks.
Speaker 3: And here's here's a tantalizing clue.
Speaker 1: This author who I'm going to quote, believed essentially that stupid occurs more or less consistently from the very simplest people to PhDs.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear this. I love this sort of thing.
Speaker 4: So we got all that coming up on the show and Katie's headlines next. The fire does not discriminate. I might be taking one of Katie's headlines. But the most expensive home in the Palisades area burnt down, one hundred and twenty five million dollar home ooh, that was used in the succession TV series eighteen Bedrooms. They rented it out if you want to rent it for four and fifty thousand dollars a month, completely burnt to the ground.
Speaker 1: I only know like sixteen people, so I'd have to give one of the the better histor of my dog, I guess, and a number of the richer folks are really pissed off about the policies they've had to take for years where they can't fix up the homes, they can't fire prove them because the Coastal Commission won't let them anyway. There are many angles, many of which include bad governance to discuss one of the great disasters and American history in the Los Angeles area, plus functional definition of stupid. This may further peak you absolutely fits Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: To a tea.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Yeah, and again this is not childish name calling. This is like a functional definition of stupid. Right now, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 3: Katie Well, just going to.
Speaker 7: Start because I love to kick NBC when I can. NBC News Human driven climate change played major role in wildfires.
Speaker 3: God I saw.
Speaker 4: I think it was one meet the press that they had that in their opening sentence, like you gotta be kidding.
Speaker 1: Beyond question the fires made worse by climate change was like Margaret Brent and second sentence.
Speaker 3: Right, and what would be my question?
Speaker 4: Even if I agree with you, what are you going to do over the next fifty years to change that.
Speaker 3: And when's your cult meeting Tuesday nights? That doesn't work for me.
Speaker 7: From the New York Post. Suspect suspect arrested with flame thrower near La fire is an illegal immigrant.
Speaker 4: So if they nailed down whether or not he started the fire or a fire.
Speaker 3: Well, you want to talk about Okham's razor. What's your source for this?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: The New York Post.
Speaker 7: Okay, And it was on bright Bart and a couple of other.
Speaker 3: Who has a flame thrower.
Speaker 7: It was a it was a blow torch more so, but I've seen flamethrow That's that everyone else, right, So it's not nitpick.
Speaker 3: From ABC.
Speaker 7: Ukraine claims more North Korean soldiers killed as Zelenski offers prisoner swap the.
Speaker 4: First dead North Korean soldiers and live soldiers captured by Ukraine over the weekend.
Speaker 3: That is quite a deal. Wow. From the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 7: Hamas has another sin War and he's rebuilding.
Speaker 3: It's the little bro.
Speaker 1: Of the deceased mister Sinwar. He's fifty years old, little bro.
Speaker 3: I don't like his chances.
Speaker 1: No, I would go ahead and make sure your life insurance is up to date.
Speaker 7: Premiums page from CNN, Costco pushing back hard against anti DEI movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, Costco's gonna fight it. They're mega defending it. Wow. Okay, well, I'm gonna have to look into that story.
Speaker 1: Well, part of it is they and others just don't get what they're dealing with.
Speaker 3: More on that to come.
Speaker 7: From Breitbart dot Com. Zuckerberg sanity tour continues. Meta it removes tampons from men's bathrooms.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, Wow.
Speaker 1: It's probably because one's been used in the last five years.
Speaker 3: And that was for a visual joke, all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, stupid. Nice.
Speaker 7: And finally the Babylon Bee female fireman rushes into burning building to tell victim he's too heavy, but the real fireman will be there in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, so maybe you do. Maybe you don't know that story. We can get into that next hour. Also, Oh, it's something. It's a humdinger. Can you give us a nickel version of it. It's the idea of whether or not various female firefighters can carry the weight that a male firefighter can carry. And the answer from one woman last week was, well, then that guy shouldn't have got himself in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yes, the answer from the woke, always utterly divorced from reality. Yeah, they live in a dream world, they really do, where human beings don't act at all like human beings do here on Earth.
Speaker 4: So we're going to get into a lot of the different angles on that. They're all pretty darned and entertaining and Joe's definition of stupid, which I'm a little nervous about.
Speaker 3: It fits like a glove.
Speaker 4: If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty