Speaker 1: All right, let's roll some voicemails here. This is Shane and his reaction to Tuesday's show Go Ahead.
Speaker 2: Funny story about a kid. He found a lot of cash I had laying around the house and went out and scattered it up and down the driveway, about four thousand dollars. I think I recovered about thirty five hundred of it later.
Speaker 1: What like the kid was doing that to be funny?
Speaker 3: Well, this is probably his kid is probably a young kid, didn't realize what it was, you know, and just goes out in the driveways playing with it, throws it all on the ground.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars blows away.
Speaker 5: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't realize that's money, and you get to go play by yourself. I don't. I don't know if this is computing for me, because you have to be old enough to go play by yourself in the driveway. And if you're old enough to do that, you probably at least know what money is.
Speaker 3: But you could think it's play money. I mean, my kids have play money that they play cashier with.
Speaker 6: They don't kids know money.
Speaker 4: I mean the right kid, a three year old doesn't know what dollar bills are.
Speaker 3: They see it and they're like, oh, that's fun okay, and they don't realize the value of it. They go out and they play with it.
Speaker 1: So how old to play in the driveway by yourself, Eddie?
Speaker 6: I'd say, I'd say three, four yea by yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So a four year old shouldn't they know? Not even scattered paper in the driveway, well much less kind of what money. I don't know if I believe this story. I don't know if I believe the story, and I also don't know if he's messing with us. But if it's true, that sucks. Sorry about that, Shane.
Speaker 7: Next One Up Morning Studio, longtime and loyal podcast listener, one pet team, please please stop with the starting to tell a story and it sounds like a really good, juicy story and then oh, I can't tell you.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you after the show. Though, that as a listener is infuriating.
Speaker 7: Love everything else.
Speaker 5: About the show.
Speaker 6: I hate that.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened, Here's what happened.
Speaker 5: What you forgot to tell me even when we went off here?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you do that all the time.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. I want everybody to know this. There are times because we talked the same way off the ear as we do on that. Were just in the midll of talking about something and something just comes up, I start talking about it. I'm like, oh, I can't say that because it's a microphone in front of me. It's almost never Why don't I lure this, use this as a bait lure, and then go now we won't talk about it.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 1: It's never done with intention. So when that happened, especially when it was the drama or the I can't believe it happened thing, it was mostly stream of consciousness and then me going oh, oh, I can't I am you know about that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Morgan, you know, yeah, okay, I can't say that anyway, it wasn't with intention. So we got two ways to do this. We can do the show much more intentional and everything be planned out ahead of time, or we can do it as we do it, and sometimes it sounds like Slopbob for sure, but it's a little more free and funnier things happen. It annoys me too, trust me, I'd feel the same way. But that happens just naturally. I think at how we do this part of the show. Does that make sense as how I explained it. Yes, yeah, oh Am, you're gonna flip your crap though you still don't know Amy.
Speaker 5: You can't do it again. You can do it again, right now? You doing it again to the world.
Speaker 1: Well now I'm doing it to be funny. Yeah. Now the joke is I'm doing it again, and I know I'm doing it again, and I'm just doing it to be funny at this point. Yeah, I'll try to remember to tell you today. Okay, give me the number three.
Speaker 2: Ray, Morning, Bobby. I just want to say, Dick Vandyke technically he is one hundred years old.
Speaker 8: Right right?
Speaker 1: Got him? Ray?
Speaker 9: Is Dick Vandyke a hundred? Yes, so he's completed one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Now he hasn't he's completed in ninety nine.
Speaker 9: Well, because we always celebrate the beginning, but it's actually the ending of that.
Speaker 6: That's the only way to remember it.
Speaker 9: So, yes, it's not like, oh my gosh, your business has been around one year. Yes, that's celebrating it's been around one year, but it's actually starting its second year.
Speaker 6: But what we.
Speaker 1: Say because it's just a year, no, no, But because it's starting a second year doesn't mean it's it's two years old.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, but it's starting that trip around the sun. But what I'm saying is we somewhere in our culture, once a person becomes thirty forty, we start saying, oh, you're forty. You've actually completed forty years and you're starting on forty one.
Speaker 1: You haven't completed forty years.
Speaker 9: Yes you have, and so you're we celebrated like Amy did, Oh my gosh, this year is eighteen. No, since year's been on this earth eighteen years. She's actually now a day in two starting her nineteenth year on this planet, starting it.
Speaker 1: But she's not it.
Speaker 9: But Amy celebrated it like, holy crap, she's eighteen. Well, she's been eighteen for.
Speaker 1: A whole year. No, No, she's been seventeen for a whole year and she didn't turn eight.
Speaker 9: No, she's been eighteen for a whole year and she's now starting her nineteenth year. And Amy acted like she was surprised. Why are you surprised when she's been eighteen for three here in sixty five days.
Speaker 1: She I'm not, guys, I'm not I can't. I know, I'm not doing it. I'm not Thatt Caller Corey from Nashville screw you, buddy. You know what you were doing and you got it. You won, Corey, you one, all right, give me number four take studio.
Speaker 8: Just calling on my way because my first four daughters with my reply goal, I'm struggling to five dollars and I don't know why I'm calling you guys.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 8: Us I have right now. So thank you for giving me the only reason the last few days.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I feel you.
Speaker 1: We all kind of go yeah, I felt that.
Speaker 6: I felt that sister.
Speaker 1: In all seriousness, I will say that I would encourage you to understand that this is just a season. This is just a season. Sometimes I have to say it to myself for whatever reason. This is just a season. This is just a season. And you'll be in a different season and you'll look back and go, oh man, and you'll be better prepared for when it happens to you again, because it always does happen again.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: We often repeat things over and over and over again, and it's if you've gotten through them. They're easier to do once repeated. And you also understand it's not the end of the world if you've gotten through it a couple of times before already. So what I would encourage you to do. First of all, there is no balance. There's no such thing as balance. So as you struggle to find balance, understand there is no such thing ever, And if you're trying to achieve something that is unachievable, it will always feel like you are off or that you are incomplete. There is not balance. You are also in the middle of a season. This season will change, and I appreciate you saying that about us. That's kind of our goal. We'd like to come on here and teach you about stories that we never tell the endings to. It's kind of our thing, and you know, but I'm glad at least you have us, and we feel like, hopefully there's a lot of people that feel like we're their friends. I feel like I have friends that I listen to all the time that don't know I exist because I spend a lot of time listening to them talk through podcasts, through radio shows. So we can be that for you. Thank you, and too. I would just encourage you to know that this is just a season. Seasons do change, and it's going to make you so much stronger for the next time this comes around, because inevitably it will. And that's okay, and that there is no such thing as balance. There's parts of your life being a complete that you are being we'll say you're less fulfilled in because you're maybe not investing as much into that part of your life, and all of a sudden it manifests into Oh man, I spent the last six months not caring about this, and now it's actually coming to fruition that it's not good for me. But there's no balance.
Speaker 6: So should we never work towards balance?
Speaker 1: I know, yes, you should. Okay, it's like working towards anything else. It's like reading books to get smarter. You never know everything like you can study all day long. You don't study to know everything. You study to get smarter, just like you if you're trying to achieve balance, you're trying to be more balanced. But there is no completion of these things. There's always a line and you never walk it correctly. And that's okay, you're not supposed to because there is no way to walk it correctly. I think sometimes we see through social media, on television, listen to podcasts, people that have it all figured out. When the people that have it all figured out are the ones that actually understand there is no figuring it out. It's that you're constantly in a state of trying to figure it out and acknowledging and understanding that nobody has it figured out is the most powerful weapon you could possibly own. So hang in there. That's such a cliche thing, but it's a cliche for a reason, because if you hang in there long enough, it'll change, especially if you like care and you invest back into where you think whatever's missing from your life is. But thanks for listening to us. Yeah, So, yeah, you can never know everything. You can never be balanced, and balance is actually really hard. Balance is as hard as being really successful in your career or being a really great parent and putting your career to the side, because all three of those things take a lot of work. It's commitment. So I spent a lot of my life absolutely no balance because I was and fear based, trauma based. All my success is fear based and trauma based. And because I was like, I'm not gonna go back to being on food stamps, I'm not going to be poor again, have to rely on others and so complete imbalance, one hundred percent balance, But I worked very hard to do that. It's sacrifice, But you have to sacrifice to be a great, great, great parent too, because you're gonna say, I'm gonna put a lot of these career things on hold to be a really wonderful parent to these kids because that's a priority to me. And there's a complete sacrifice in trying to achieve balance because you are doing a bit of both and you only have so much capacity, so you get out of what you put sacrifice into, and you can never have balance, pure balance. So hang in there, that's what would say.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: That sucks. So I felt like she was sad when she called.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you called, though, because we got to talk about it here. And I think there are probably a lot of other people that are experiencing the same thing, and maybe you don't have someone to talk to about it and someone to say there is no end to this and you will eventually come out of this. So yeah, hanging there. Uh okay, those are voicemails. Eddie went to Pearl jam last night.
Speaker 6: Oh I did dude, and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it look fun. I'm in Dallas, by the way. We did the show. I did my part of the show from Dallas. I have ACMs tomorrow night. I don't know that I would have went to Pearl Jam on a Tuesday night because I don't do anything on Tuesday nights.
Speaker 6: And it didn't end till like eleven thirty. So yeah, oh that's tough. Yeah, they never stopped playing. Like a couple of things I realized, Like one, everyone, I mean, we're all so much older. Like I remember going to Pearl Jam and us being young and jumping and screaming, and now everyone had white hair. Dude, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: I told you I saw of him playing it. They did it. They went back to the crowd and it was all great.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's it's nuts. And one thing too I learned because I took my eleven year old son, is that he's gonna be a great concert goer. Cause our seats that we got they were nosebleeds. They were like, I'm telling you, two rows to the back of the very top of the arena, and we kept looking down. He goes, Dad, no one has sat in those seats down there. You want to sneak down there? I said, yes, it's exactly what you do at a concert. So we snuck down there and we watched the rest of the show, like with great great seats.
Speaker 1: Were you worried the whole time? Because anytime that I have either done that with a friend very very few times when I was younger, or anytime I've thought about it, I'm like, I want to enjoy the show because I'll be worried the whole time that someone's gonna come up and go, you're in our seats. Did you guys factor that in at all?
Speaker 6: Oh? My son didn't care. But every like two minutes I look back, and then there was a time you know where people get their flashlights out, and then I saw a that I'm like, oh, that's security pointed at me. I know it every time. But no, man, they never kicked us out. I think whoever was sitting there maybe showed up for a little bit and then left. But shout out to my son for like spotting those seats, and we it was awesome. It was so good and he loved it. The first thing he said was like, I didn't realize Pearl Jam was this big Dad. I thought we were going to like a little like a little bar.
Speaker 1: Is it? Because it was Dad's music And he didn't think Dad's music could still draw that kind of crowd.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he thought it was just like this little band that I like.
Speaker 1: Did they do all the songs you wanted?
Speaker 6: They didn't do better Man, No way, Shot.
Speaker 1: That's the one song that's it. That's the song I don't wanted to hear.
Speaker 6: That was my favorite Pearl Jam song, and they didn't play it.
Speaker 1: Shot me too. She dreams and color, she dreams and read I can't find but the man. I was playing last night because we flew to Dallas last night and I was I saw Eddie's picture and I was listening to Pearl Jam and the hotel him a little bit, saw my phone through the speaker, and that song's playing, and my wife goes, I felt.
Speaker 6: That, So what she dreams in color?
Speaker 1: She dreams in red, she can't find a better Man.
Speaker 6: I was like, what she goes.
Speaker 1: No, sometimes you just hear a song thing that's funny. And I was like, get that what she goes? Yeah, you know, sometimes music just hit you in a way it's funny. And I heard at the same time, I can't believe they didn't play better Man.
Speaker 6: They didn't play better Man. No, they didn't play Yellow leadbetter which is another one of my favorites. Didn't play that one, but I mean, dude, it was great, and you know they have a new album, so I was like, oh, please, didn't play a lot of those. They probably played about three or four songs out of the new Okay, that's okay, so I was cool with it.
Speaker 1: Did they play oh will Wick my b Bee?
Speaker 6: Nope, still didn't play it.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 6: No, I mean they played Jeremy and they played Daughter and all those even flow, but no.
Speaker 1: Man even flow. Yeah, he sounds he sounds good.
Speaker 6: He sounds great. I mean there were some parts where he'd get a little high you take it, you know, and then the whole crowd would sing. I think he does that on purpose. But he still sounds really good. They still jump and move around and he broke a mic stand. I'm like, yes, he's still doing it.
Speaker 1: Did Lunchbox give you crap for wearing your shirt?
Speaker 6: Yes, and I knew he would and look like a tool.
Speaker 4: No, you did, like an absolute fool.
Speaker 3: Like, first of all, you were praying around and your stupid shirt, and then I was like, oh, must be going to the concert night. And then I look online and there's Eddie in the same shirt. So he was flawting it all day.
Speaker 1: Well, you wear to work and then you wore to the show two different shirts. Okay, yeah, I don't mind you. I would wear a band T shirt to this show. I think that's fine.
Speaker 4: No, you look like a tool. You look like a loser.
Speaker 3: Like if you want to buy a shirt there, fine, put it in your bag, wear it the next day so people know you went, but to wear the shirt of the band you're watching at Screams Loser two Dreams Tool.
Speaker 1: I bought him that shirt for his birthday because it was from like their first ever European tour on like the like ninety one or something, right, correct, you probably got some cred from people there like this.
Speaker 6: Dude's shirt's awesome. Thanks man, thank you, thank you. What what's funny is son too? Like I gave him a shirt like, hey, you got to put this on. He's like, no, I don't want to wear that, and I was like, he's eleven. I'm like, you're already like too cool for school. And then finally he got there and realized everyone was wearing band shirts, Pearl Jam shirts, so he put it on. But like everyone there was wearing band shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because most people are just like I want to wear the shirt. This is cool. I'm I'm included in something right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And what's the difference to going to see like the Dallas Cowboys and wearing a DLLAS Cowboys shirt? Nothing, same thing.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 3: A sports team is one different than going to a band and wearing a shirt it looks absolutely toolish at a concert. Sporting events are totally a different ballgame.
Speaker 6: But why you've said nothing?
Speaker 4: Why Why?
Speaker 3: Because a sporting event is the team, like you're cheering on that team like a band shirts, you're just like, look, man, i've been to see you before.
Speaker 4: I've got my shirt on.
Speaker 1: So because you do an impression of somebody, that means it's less cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey man, look at me.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna brag that I've been to one of your concerts.
Speaker 1: I think it's bragging. I think it's like, this is my group and.
Speaker 6: We're supporting you, like we're supporting the Van.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with it. I liked it all right, tool man. It's fine.
Speaker 6: That was awesome, man. And they're playing again Thursday, and I kind of want to go, but it's my wife's birthday. Can't do that.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to go.
Speaker 6: No, it's not her favoritevan, it's my favorite van.
Speaker 1: Didn't you guys do that one of your first dates? Though?
Speaker 6: Well, and now what happened was it was gonna be kind of our first date. And then my best friend told me that he had front row tickets, so I went with him front row and she had to sit in the very very back. She still brings that up.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I would too, front row tickets.
Speaker 6: My buddy Mike was like, dude, I got one of your bones front row tickets.
Speaker 4: Gotta do what you gotta do, man.
Speaker 1: And how new was the relationship About a year?
Speaker 6: Maybe under a year.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a little more okay with it. Then. If it were in the first three months, I'd be like, there's no chance, because I think she wouldn't want to be with me anymore. At a year, she probably had an understanding.
Speaker 6: And it's not like she was alone. I think we had some friends that were there were nine other thousand people there. Yeah, she could have made friends with someone else.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with it if it's a year, because I think my wife would have said just go do it. She would have held it against me, though, but she would have said go do it.
Speaker 6: My wife still does. She brings it up all the time.
Speaker 1: I have the richest celebrities and how they made their money. So these are This is not like Elon Musk. This is not the people that got famous for creating companies that then became a celebrity. So these are celebrity celebrities. Richest celebrities. Amy name Hm, the richest, the rock Good guess let's see pretty rich. He's not in the top fifteen. No, he didn't make top seventeen because these are all billionaires.
Speaker 6: What about like Kim.
Speaker 1: Kim Kardashian came in at number seven eighty one point for you one point seven billion dollars age forty four years old. Hold on, I'm in the middle here. I made her money through skims and television shows. Uh but Eddie, you got it right, so you get to go again.
Speaker 6: I feel like, uh, yeah, Kylie, Kylie, that such bull crap.
Speaker 4: You ring in when it was Amy's turn. It wasn't your turn. He didn't call on you.
Speaker 6: I was telling Amy, I was like, hey, how about.
Speaker 1: Hey, Eddie, you're wrong? No, thank you, you're wrong. There you go at lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Ummmm, billionaires Kim Kay and Jenner didn't make it.
Speaker 6: No, Kim came made it.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying Jenner didn't make it. I thought she had more than her sister. Uh, give me, Rihanna, she's a billionaire.
Speaker 6: Slipping papers.
Speaker 1: I have flipping papers because there's three pages of this. I'm in a studio in Dallas, So I don't have my normal, my normal, you know. Set Uh? No, and again, this is not every billionaire, but these are the top I guess seventeen. But no, a Rihanna's not on the list. No read Amy, back over to you do three rounds Eddie dilling one with a point? So far? Uh?
Speaker 5: Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Yes at number eight, one point six billion, age thirty five years old. She became a billionaire in twenty twenty three after taking home an estimated one hundred and ninety million after taxes for the first leg of her famous Eras tour. Amazing because at number eight, go ahead, Oprah, Oh, Rihanna did make it. I see her lunchbox. You got a point?
Speaker 4: But sorry?
Speaker 6: Did we moved on to Amy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know I didn't see it. I just saw it. Sorry, Sorry, I'm an normal set up. Everybody screw off. Hold on, Oprah, number four, three billion dollars aged seventy one. We know why go ahead, Okay, let me see.
Speaker 4: I'll go with uh.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Who else could be on there?
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's considered a celebrity, but Jeff Bezos, he's in the news everywhere.
Speaker 1: No, not on the list, one of the most richest people, but became a celebrity because he was so rich. So I know, Amy back to.
Speaker 5: You, Amy, back to you, Selena Gomez, Why.
Speaker 1: Did you say Amy back to you? I don't know, local news.
Speaker 5: That's what I felt like. I said it in my head and said it out loud.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go Beyonce. She's a billionaire. Beyonce?
Speaker 1: Is she?
Speaker 6: I don't know. Nope, dang, it's not a billionaire.
Speaker 1: Lunch walks around two and around two because lunchbox has screwed brown one.
Speaker 4: So go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is easy. It is Kylie Jenner. She's the one that admitted the stuff. She's the rich one.
Speaker 1: Kylie Jenner not on the list.
Speaker 6: What I said, Kendall, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, Jenners Amy, this is round number three. I don't know who has any points at all. There is no prize, but Amy, you're up.
Speaker 5: Oh, doctor dre mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You went with that, You went with the Oh, I for sure have it voice like, how do I not think of this?
Speaker 5: No, because because I thought of him, because you know his dre beats. But then I was like, this probably isn't it. So I paused and then couldn't think of anybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny. I mean, Amy, get right, so far do we know?
Speaker 4: Two three Taylor, Taylor and Eddie.
Speaker 6: Was for the home run jay Z Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two point five billion dollars his portfolio and encompasses assets like a Champagne brand, his steak and Uber he bought in the apps early days, and art collection and of course music m hmm, Magic Johnson, yes, number nine. I don't know how you got that.
Speaker 6: That's in the actual world because when I worked for the news, he came to Austin to talk about how he was an investor in West the W's hotels. So I figure, like, probably just invests a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Worth one point five billion dollars, investments like buying part of the Dodgers, buying Equal Trust part of that in twenty fifteen. It just goes on not but yeah, Tons of investments.
Speaker 6: I think that's it. That's all I got. Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yes, Michael Jordan's number three, three point five billion dollars.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's amazing. Hm, I'm just gonna punt here, Tom Hanks, he's not a billionaire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, lunchbox. You need a couple here, you need like four.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't really have anybody. I had Michael Jordan. That was my only guess. Give me George Clooney. He's got a tequila brand that does pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I don't know who wins I won that.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't claim that.
Speaker 6: I'm sure I got like four.
Speaker 1: Who knows? Okay, Steven Spielberg at number one.
Speaker 5: This is a real game, though, I don't consider. Did you know there's that guy he's counting all of our games for the year, think about it all the time.
Speaker 1: If he's listening to this, This is a real game. Steven Spielberg at well. The two people that lost are the one.
Speaker 6: Arguing, right, I'm not saying that Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that discounts because he wasn't famous until his made famous point three billion dollars.
Speaker 4: What about Mark Cuban, George.
Speaker 1: Lucas is at number two, Star Wars. Three was Jordan, four was Oprah, five is Vince McMahon, ww E six, Jay Z seven, Kim Kardashian eight, Taylor We have nine, Magic Johnson got all those. Number ten's Tyler Perry, oh Man, I thought you guys would get eleven, Tiger Woods, Oh, Tiger twelve's rihannat thirteen's Lebron.
Speaker 6: Lebron's there in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lebron is Yeah, not just from his salaries but also his endorsement deals with Nike and Pepsi and then his production company spring Hill. And he owns part of a soccer club in Liverpool, part of the Boston Red Sox and the Pittsburgh Penguins. Oh, in Space Jam and he was in Space Jam two.
Speaker 6: Correct, probably did it?
Speaker 1: There are four left. I'm gonna give you a hint on them. Ready at number fourteen singer Worth one point two billion dollars buzzing with your name age Eddie Celine Dion incorrect, age seventy five, which, by the way, I didn't say this before, but if you guess now, you're out for the running on this one. Amy, Why would you jump in right now? Why would you wait, like literally, I misunderstood. Okay, then I'll let you hold hold back unless you want to guess. Okay, hold back, age seventy five. Citizenship United States of America. This person not only known as a singer, but had a lucrative run on Broadway seventy I would say known from being from the Northeast lunchbox. Lunchbox Bruce Springsteen. Correct, yeah, he doesn't. They give the guy point he did. The whole show was on Netflix too. He did the one man from New Jersey.
Speaker 6: I know Amy, we know that.
Speaker 4: That's why when he said Northeast.
Speaker 1: He is his name is Bruce. Yeah, we got you. You're not going to get fifteen, no chance, Okay, he's he's seventy eight years old. He created law and order.
Speaker 4: Not gonna get Rupert Murdoch.
Speaker 1: His first name is another name for Penis. His second name is Dick Van Dyke. Nope, his second name is the enemy of a little red riding Hood.
Speaker 4: Dick Robin Dick Wolf.
Speaker 1: Correct Dick point for reddy with a point with Dick Wolf.
Speaker 6: He's a great director.
Speaker 1: Number sixteen one point one billion dollars, aged seventy seven. Citizenship the United States, but wasn't born in the United States. Massive actor, but also was in politics.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox Lunchbox Arnold Schwarzenegger correct.
Speaker 6: Good job, dude, dang, he's a billionaire.
Speaker 1: And then finally at number seventeen one point one billion comedian, best known for starring in a show in the nineties.
Speaker 4: Lux Lunchbox Jerry Seinfeld Correct boom.
Speaker 5: Whoa wow, he brought it fire.
Speaker 1: Good job, good job, good job.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: A couple of things. One what tonight Wednesday night? Yeah, yeah, yeah, we sure have watched the Biber tomorrow night on Amazon Prime. It's the ACM Awards, which is why I'm in Dallas. Also, the Eric Church Bobby cast is up. It's an hour long Eric Church and myself in my house. You can check that out. No part of me has ever been in a zoo and thought I wanted to.
Speaker 5: Get in there, like get in one of the like a little.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, never, I really I don't like going to zoos anyway because I'm like, I hate those animals are caged up, Like I'm gonna look for a minute and be like, dang, that's crazy. But then I still have guilt. But I never once have wanted to get in there with the animals, especially silver bag guerrillas, Oh yeah, or crocodiles.
Speaker 5: Or lions, anything your face off.
Speaker 1: So guy's visiting the zoo. He says he thought the crocodile was fake, so he jumped in to take a photo with it.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: It's a zoo. Why is there going to be at the faked crocodile?
Speaker 5: So I thought they were trying to pull one over on him.
Speaker 1: He jumps in, goes down in the enclosure. The crocodile is obviously there. The crocodile will obviously grab you and eat you. Zoo keeper sees it, goes into the enclosure and then had to hit the female crocodile over the head with the concrete to open her mouth because they had bitten on the guy he was holding. The dude, who here's this zookeeper who probably has a relationship with the animals too, one from Afar. But you don't become a zoo keeper unless you love animals. And now he's got to take a concrete block his idiot's head because he wanted to go get a picture no crocodile's heads, Oh yeah, true, he should take the idiot's head. That's true. Should have a good point. When the guy jumps in, the crocodile grabs his leg and it's like swinging him around in like the little river. There's no way this guy thought this crocodile was fake. That's his story. Once he got out, he wanted to get the ultimate selfie. I respect that, but the ultimate selfie they can kill you is not the ultimate selfie.
Speaker 6: To his defense though, sometimes those animals seem like they're not going to do anything because they're just sitting there with their eyes kind of closed.
Speaker 1: Stalking their prey. Or that's called being depressed because you're in a zoo. Correct, Yeah, this guy's an idiot. I mean he's in the water. He gets in the water and the crocodile grabs him, and again the zoo keeper's gotta take a breaking a block to the animal's head.
Speaker 5: Put the crocodile's gona be okay.
Speaker 1: Imagine let go. He just let go.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's well, I know, but you take a concrete block to your head.
Speaker 6: Maybe you guys a concussion there. But okay.
Speaker 1: There's this woman that was found alive after she was missing sixty two years, which is a pretty wild story to just not know why they're gone if they're still alive, and then sixty two years later you find out they are. But most people they would be searching sixty two years later would also be dead because imagine you're forty and you're searching, You're gonna be dead by the time they ever found her. But Audrey Backenberg. In nineteen sixty two, she was reported missing after hitchhiking with a babysitter and then took a bus to Indianapolis. Last week a report came that said that she was found alive and well at the age of eighty two.
Speaker 6: It was her choice, she wanted it.
Speaker 1: The discovery was made during an investigation of cold case files, and the investigation determined there was no foul play and she left by her own choice.
Speaker 6: Yep, I didn't think that was possible.
Speaker 1: Do you hear the story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she left because she said her husband was abusive and so she had to get out to save herself.
Speaker 5: She was with a babysitter, That's what the story said.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the babysitter like he was helping her, like traveling with her. But in nineteen sixty two, she was reported missing after hi hijacking or hitchhiking, sorry with a babysitter.
Speaker 6: And then she must have just changed her identity and just kind of lived as someone else this whole time.
Speaker 1: Or the Internet just didn't exist forever.
Speaker 3: Right back in the day, and then it goes cold, so they quit looking, and so they're not looking for that name.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh a lot of Facebook checked it a couple of times. Probably seefo Audrey was up there. But yeah, last week they found her alive and well at the age of eighty two. No foul play. You got some explaining to do, but yeah, that sucks. But did you not have anybody else back at home that she would want to communicate with?
Speaker 4: If I remember correcting, I think she had two.
Speaker 1: Kids, what the babysitter. Obviously there's some kids involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I'm like, man, so you just bailed, even though I get it your husband was abusive, but you just left the kids like that seems a little.
Speaker 5: Bad.
Speaker 1: It does seem a little bad, especially abusive. Yeah, well, maybe I've got the kids and go do that. Yeah, if you can. But it's hard to judge somebody when you don't know really the situation. But yeah, she would just appear for like sixty plus years or so. The other one was speaking of leaving relationships. A court of Americans are stuck in relationships they cannot afford to leave.
Speaker 5: What do you think that means, Amy, Oh, I mean it's well, it's expensive to get out of a relationship. But a lot of times if one of the persons in the relationship is dependent upon the other financially, whoever's the breadwinner, it can be very difficult if they leave. Where do they go? How you starting over?
Speaker 1: Is lot same thing in abusive relationships. Sometimes the people can't leave because they have nowhere to go, and they can't afford to go anywhere, right because it and they have no way to make money where they've never worked too, And yeah, they have no way to make money. So they say money can't buy love, but it can be keeping some couples together. Twenty four percent of Americans admit they're in a relationship and they're only there because they can't afford to leave.
Speaker 6: Oh that's that.
Speaker 1: That's when you start like an eBay side business and don't tell anybody, and you slowly build it interest have your own little side account. You'll tell anybody that one in four would break up with their current partner one in four, but sharing the bills is keeping them from splitting up.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Just over a third say their partner is financially dependent on them, but that jumps to forty six point five percent for mail respondents. People who've been in a relationship for six months or less have a fifty five percent chance of sharing salary information, compared to ninety three percent of those who are in for longer than that. So you're in for six months, you may share your money information, you may not. Or a lunchbox. You've been married for how long? Uh?
Speaker 4: All it's coming up on ten years?
Speaker 3: Is actually and and she doesn't know how much I make. We don't share finances. She has her account, I have my account, and let me say I pay a bigger percentage of.
Speaker 1: Bills, So why let me say so?
Speaker 4: She would be she'd be in trouble.
Speaker 1: If but she has her own money, right, But not just staying with you because oh no.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm just saying no, nope, nope.
Speaker 4: She could maybe afford to leave.
Speaker 1: Maybe. Nearly half of all respondents admit they'd be more likely to break up with their partner right now if they had no financial impact on it. Wow, that's a lot of people in our relationship. That's when you steal.
Speaker 6: I wonder if there's a charity out there that helps these people, Like you know, you don't have enough money, we can help you leave your bad relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's like an abusive one's yeah, there's a woman's shelter.
Speaker 1: I think there's just a breakup. I'm just like, I'm thinking of breaking up divorce and I get a thousand.
Speaker 5: Bucks, I'm no longer attracted to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've put on too much weight and they don't a shower enough. Any chance you could front me a couple thousand dollars? Yeah, yeah, I don't think that's it. That's kind of sad though, Huh.
Speaker 5: It's really sad how many people are just stuck.
Speaker 1: So what advice do you get people?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you said starting a side hustle. I think it's important to maintain some autonomy in your relationship and going into it. Just make sure if you can set up something on the side, or bring some savings into it, or if you choose to stay home with the kids. I mean, depending, it could be the guy too, but it's generally speaking a lot of times it's the woman that ends up staying home. But can you set money aside somehow?
Speaker 1: You don't think that woman's so crazy for charging her man for housework. Now do you remember that story? And everybody how crazy that is?
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Now all of a sudden, she can leave if she wants to.
Speaker 5: I still think that she was a little off. Something was off there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like her whenever she's out of there, she's off. She's out. Eddie, are you getting scammed? I just overheard a conversation here.
Speaker 6: I think we got scammed.
Speaker 4: Who's we?
Speaker 6: Me and Amy? Well, it's mostly me because I organized this thing. But it was the basketball that Amy used for her three point competition.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me reset it. I didn't know this was happening. So we do this three point competition and if Amy's able to hit a certain amount of three pointers, I donate to charity. And she did it. She nailed it, And so Eddie said, why don't we auction off the basketball and have Amy sign it? And I'm like, great, give it a rip. You put it up. You're bragging about how like fifteen hundred dollars someone's buying this basketball.
Speaker 6: The highest bid was yeah, like fifteen hundred dollars and fifty whatever, So what happened? So then I said, all right, here's the link. Amy sent me the link of where to donate. Send it to this person and they took about a day and then they responded, boom, here's a screenshot donated. So I'm telling Amy Amy it happened, and she's like, okay, let me double check with the charity and make sure they got the money. She double checks with the charity. No money, but it's okay, she says, you know what, it's the weekend. Let's give it some time. Maybe the money doesn't get process during the weekend.
Speaker 5: Okay. But I'm also saying, Eddie, I don't think this is real.
Speaker 1: The Internet instant, right, I know.
Speaker 5: So I tell Eddie right away when he shows me who made the donation, I just saim, like, this is not this. This seems sadly a scam. But Eddie has all the faith that like this is going to work out. And I'm like, well, okay, let me sew.
Speaker 6: So what if his avatar is Winnie the Pooh like.
Speaker 1: And his name is Princetamkamba from South.
Speaker 6: Africa, Yes, he doesn't have a name.
Speaker 1: No, Oh okay, so but how did you get scammed?
Speaker 6: So Amy tells me today that the charity got back to her and said somebody donated one dollar.
Speaker 5: So okay, Well, so how you get like if he were to make a donation, because you're like, how did he get the Like when you make the donation, you get this little, you know, graphic thing, a receipt that says, you know, thanks for donating one seven and fifty USD to Team Haiti and it has this cute little blue and red box like the donations there. It looks legit because I've donated, or that's what it looks like. Bobby, you donated, That's what your receipt looked like. And I'm like, he how would he know if he never donated it? So I kept checking with the Treasure and she's like, oh, maybe he's just not updating. I'm like, oh, I don't have a good feeling. Don't have a good feeling. And then today she sends me a message and it says someone donated a dollar the day that Eddie said the donation went in and she gave me the name. She was like, if they donated a dollar, which is a really weird thing to donate, right, uh, and then they take the receipt and they photo shop in bour numbers.
Speaker 1: Have a basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got scam.
Speaker 6: Charity is getting scammed.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. That he's been taken from anything.
Speaker 5: But Eddie's Eddie fell for the fact that this guy thinks he's.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a difference in Eddie being a dumb dumb and getting scammed. This is not a scam because you didn't lose any money.
Speaker 6: In my mind, we were making a lot.
Speaker 1: Did you mail the basketball? So there's no basketball lost, didn't lose any money. No, okay, there's no scam.
Speaker 5: That's just a scam on his heart.
Speaker 6: That's a good way of putting in amy. I got scamed, My heart got scammed.
Speaker 5: It's like it's just a scam on humanity. It's like it's like we're deflated. Like why mess with someone when Eddie's like trying to do something good and this is literally for orphans in Haiti, Like why mess with our minds that way? Like why why play a game? Like why be shady?
Speaker 1: Just just somebody shady? But nobody got scammed. You didn't get scammed.
Speaker 6: What did we get? What do we get tricked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's it called nothing? Because you gave them nothing but we got got No, you didn't. You didn't mail the basketball.
Speaker 4: Okay, you caught it.
Speaker 5: They did come in as the highest bidder, and then Eddie spent all this back and forth and then they're stillry.
Speaker 1: They're like, you were scammed out of back and forth, back and forth, scammed of your time. You guys, weren't scammed, and you actually caught it before you sent off the basketball, so you were good. You actually caught it.
Speaker 5: Is this person just sitting at home like he I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna get away with it.
Speaker 6: I haven't told him yet that they're they're not getting a basketball. You know what?
Speaker 3: I bet they'll find with that fan of the show, someone that just came across it and was like, I'm gonna scam these people.
Speaker 6: No, they're a fan. Because this person said like, gran't wait to get the basketball. Also too, can you get Bobby in a book for me too? Please? Since I donated and they even threw that. They even said I threw an extra two hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they only did it teen hundred and the receipts.
Speaker 1: And they flexed on what it did more. Okay, but you didn't get scammed, you got lied to. You didn't get scammed. Scamp would be something taken from you.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we reply back and say, hey, it looks like only one dollar went through, and see what they say.
Speaker 6: I love it, so I'll do it.
Speaker 1: But then you have to go to the next better but they don't want it anymore. I've told you how this.
Speaker 6: Works, okay, but I haven't asked them yet.
Speaker 5: So let's just want to ask them because they may have a heart and be like, oh man, y'all got.
Speaker 1: Got yeah, okay, when did the pooh got Okay? I heard you guys talk about getting samed. You didn't gt scammed, you get tricked kind of.
Speaker 6: I like how Amy said it, my heart got scammed.
Speaker 1: It's true. You were stolen back and you were stolen back and forth.
Speaker 7: Okay,