Speaker 1: If you're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, James Harden goes from stink mode stink mode.
Speaker 3: To god mode. Had another legendary game.
Speaker 2: Now the Celtics are tied up with the Philadelphia seventy six ers, who would have sold that.
Speaker 3: Son's also even it up with the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Jokic maybe might get suspended for shoving an NBA owner.
Speaker 3: It's true. That's a real sentence. Crazy.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: We'll get into all the.
Speaker 2: Storylines from around the league, and I'll break down the All NBA Rookie team and what makes no sense on that list as well. Let's get right into it, Nick, There's a lot to do, so let's drop that generic ass beat that should be Rihanna. Let's start with the Philly Boston series Sixers tied things up to Tod Azer thin margin of going down three to one. I don't know why, but Marcus Smart is now in charge of hitting or just missing or just taking game winners.
Speaker 3: That's just what his.
Speaker 2: Role is now on this Boston Celtics team. Never Mind that there's Jason Tatum there. Never mind that there's Jalen Brown there. Never mind that he's just one of the all time greatest chucker inconsistent shooters in the league. One miss three that could have won the Boston Celtics the game, and another May three of Marcus Smart's in overtime that he actually got off after the buzzer, so it went in. It was very close and it was not good. That was very very razor thin. But the biggest story, I think, to me, feels like James Harden. James Harden as a roller coaster is in full effect this playoffs. Usually we can somewhat expect a level of consistency for him in the playoffs and it's usually not great. But he has made headlines all series long. His fashion whatever, the kind of electric factory type fashion that he has, going to Vegas during an off day for a little baby party. Like James Hard and little Baby are like the best of friends. Like they're a little too close, if you know what I'm saying, Like there's nothing wrong with it, but they are like white on rice. They are peas and carrots. James Harden and little Baby. And then to putting up the best and worst games of his playoff career in the same series, back to back to back to back. Yes, forty five points Game one without MBID at that point was probably his single best performance of his playoff career, which he then followed up with the two worst shooting performances of his entire career playoffs and regular season combined. That's true as well. And then how did he follow that up? Forty two points, eight rebounds, nine assists, four steals, one block, and a corner three to win the game? Catch and shoot, James Harden?
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 2: James Harden? He had a game tying three in regulation and a game winning three in overtime, So two best games of his career bookending the two worst shooting performances of his career. That is the James Harden experience, folks. Another fun fact about James Harden he has now hit two game winners in the same series, which is absurdly rare and the only other player to do that. The last player to do that was Boo his teammate, former teammate Kevin Durant back in twenty twelve against the LA Lakers. Been that kind of playoffs for James Harden, And the funniest part to me was that James Harden got the strangest inspiration for that performance from none other than Doc Rivers, in the form of an inspirational song sent to him via text message before he got to the ear an eight minute gospel song sent to James Harden. I didn't think James Harden was into that kind of thing, but I guess whatever works, right. Harden said he was in the car with his friends, probably a little baby, and and got the text message from Doc Rivers and then asked his friends to put the song on. Hey, let's just put the song on. Let's listen to the whole thing through was a little baby driving. It gets unclear does he have a chauffeur, because nobody who's driving asks their friends, hey, let's just put this on. They just put it on, right, That's just what you do when you're driving. Anyway, All these things run through my head.
Speaker 3: So he listens to it all the way through.
Speaker 2: And he thought at that point, and he said this in his postgame presser, that he thought that this song had to have some good juju. Then, as we know, he went on put on a show, game tying three, game winning three, and PJ. Tucker said it perfectly in the postgame presser with James Harden, you better play that fucking song again before Gay five because whatever that song did, it got it. Which brings us to PJ. Tucker, one of the more fascinating glue guys I think in the league, big time dog, I would say, one of the biggest dogs in terms of the role player position. Like if you have the he's got that dog in a meme, that's PJ Tucker and a guy that the Sixers have desperately needed in the post Jimmy Butler era, because as we know, Jimmy was that guy that instilled confidence and grit and once he left, the team got soft as baby shit, right, So it is time that we do break down a little bit of PJ Tucker. I asked Philadelphia podcaster Ryan Rostein. I was asking him, Hey, like tell me about PJ Tucker and how impactful he is on this team. His response, in my opinion, was fascinating everything.
Speaker 5: But points it's you know, he's it was frustrating in the regular season and because he did that often and the value couldn't be seen in the regular season because you know, those games don't matter and the style is significantly different.
Speaker 6: But he brings everything to this team. He brings toughness, he brings leadership. I look at PJ Tucker as the leader. I talked about it for years about how this Sixers team lacked leadership and Beans not a leader, and Bean's not a grab your shirt, what are you doing? Let's go guy like he's not raw raw, He's not gonna say anything or lead. Neither really is to Bias or Harden. So Tucker's providing leadership and toughness that this Sixers team has been lacking for a long time.
Speaker 2: Facts has been lacking for a long time. And of course PJ. Tucker went out and did what PJ Tucker does. Six points, three rebounds, one assists, four fouls, impactful, probably hard fouls, still managed to be a plus one in thirty one minutes in a game they won by checks notes one. That seems absurd, but no one has crazy stat lines like PJ Tucker. You look at Game one when there was no embiid, when the Sixer stole Game one and TD Garden Tucker in that game thirty seven points without attempting a single field goal, ubsurd, five and one, two steals, and in a four point win, PJ Tucker was a plus six, exactly the amount that they're winning by PJ. Tucker is a plus of that same amount. That's how impactful and important PJ Tucker is. I think what we call PJ Tucker is Jimmy Butler if Jimmy Butler couldn't score.
Speaker 3: That's what he is.
Speaker 2: He does all the same things that Jimmy Butler does, except for put the basketball in the hoop. One minute, he's deflecting a pass. The next sea's in b ball Paul's face imploring him, uh, just furiously telling him YO play defense, get some rebounds. One of the best moments I think that highlights PJ. Tucker in this particular instance is so Joel Embiid has been known to be a little lazy in all moments, not just regular season moments. Joel Embiid sometimes doesn't have the most consistent motor in the fourth quarter when they are razor thin in the fight. In the thick of the battle with the Boston Celtics, he watches Joel Embiid take multiple plays off.
Speaker 3: So what does he do. He gets into.
Speaker 2: Inside of Joel Embiid's asshole, just reaming him, just yelling at him, grabbing onto his jersey, like like, that's not the MVP, and they ask him about it after the game, and this is what he had to say.
Speaker 1: No Viking guards oh, one on one. There's no way. I'm sorry. It's not the Spected or anybody else about guard him for a lot of years and when he's aggressive in assertive, it's impossible. And I've seen him two or three plays in a row not do that, and we can't add it. We can add it now with a season on the line, we can't have it.
Speaker 3: Can't have that he's taking plays off. Can't have that, No, sir.
Speaker 2: Joel Embiid one of the most dominant scores, physically imposing, has some of the best footwork you'll ever see, like very light touch around the rim, hits, his free throws, can shoot threes. You're not stopping that, man. The only thing stopping Joel Embiid is Joel Embiid's motor. So if the motor is going at full blast, Sixers could win a title.
Speaker 3: And that is what PJ.
Speaker 2: Tucker is there to wind a little Joel Embiid up and to get the motor to restart in critical moments when he is taking time off. Also listen if he didn't do that. Sixers are probably down three to one. That's just the fact. One final point though about the Sixers, Doc Rivers, I ever thought i'd say it, folks. Doc Rivers has been really good. His coaching has been on tippy top shape, the type of Doc Rivers coaching that we thought he was when he was in Boston, right handling things perfectly, adjusting the lineup to make up for no and beating Game one, keeping some of the players out from the lineup that we thought might get significant minutes using Harden in a catch and shoot situation.
Speaker 3: What has James Harden ever done that?
Speaker 2: Looking at the film to get this team to have better spacing, better ability in the pick and roll Game four, you see this changing. He is having some of the best coaching playoffs I've ever seen, obviously sending Harden the eight minute long gospel song. Something has gotten into Doc Rivers. I don't know if it's just because of how bad Joe Mozula is, but Doc Rivers is coaching circles around Joe Mizula. Another thing that's impressive in terms of Doc's coaching, he is doing something very underrated.
Speaker 3: Kerr does this, Spoe does this?
Speaker 2: Even after a win. He's just moving the chess piece calling out the refs, getting very mad because Jason Tatum pushed off on a three point that he made that could have lost the Sixers the game to set up more favorable calls in game five.
Speaker 7: Jason Tatum's three was awful. That that wasn't called awful? Did you did you think it was a push off? I'm asking you no, no.
Speaker 8: Be committed.
Speaker 1: Did you think it was a push off?
Speaker 7: It was a push off?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 7: And the reason that it bugged me because at the end of the game, they were the touch files. You know, Jason Tatum has a three sixty foul, Marcus Martin Tuck gets tangled up touch foul, So we're gonna call it that way. Then you have to call that to me that you got to call that play. I know it's a big play, and I'm a big fan of refs not deciding, but that could have decided the game.
Speaker 3: That could have decided the game. Good job, Doc, Is he wrong?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: That was an absolute push off. And I love the fact that Doc Rivers forced the reporter to also admit, do not be going both sides of the line with me. Reporter. Did you think it was a push off or was it not? Okay, Doc is on one in this series. Is that enough to put him over the top? I don't know, Probably maybe. Joe Mizula continues to be asked at the end of games and came out and admitted that, yeah, I fucked up. At the end of game four, he had this to say after the game.
Speaker 3: Hindsight is twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: I should have called the time out at the end of ot to help us go for a two for one situation for a couple more possessions. Obviously, fourteen seconds left down one. You want as many chances as you can. So definitely learn from that. Ooh, Joe Mizula, how Mike Budenholzer of you. That is something else, especially considering that Joe Mazula literally just after game three came out and was like, what about those adjustments? What about those adjustments? I had wow while.
Speaker 3: Walking out the door. Not just the end of the game management. It's what Marcus said also last week.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, speaking of Booonholzers, sounds exactly like Booonholzer here too. Yeah, most of our offense is just random. We're just getting random out here. That's why Jalen Brown's postgame comments were so telling.
Speaker 9: I guess I got to demand the ball a little bit more. I thought good things happened when I had it in my ass, But I thought our offense was was was.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: I thought we we may, we chipped away, we made big time shots, we got great looks all game long, and we just came up short.
Speaker 3: And that give me the fucking ball.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brown should like not be only shooting the ball through three times in seventeen minutes of any game, very very like clearly let alone in a winnable game to go up three to one and take the sixers and put them to sleep. That is on the offense, and that offense is directed by who Joe Missoula. If this series comes down to who's coaching better, Doctor Joe. I hate to say it because it is a wild thing for Doc Rivers to have a coaching edge in any series, in any playoff series at all, but listen, I think Doc is heading shoulders a better coach right now than Joe moi Azula. So that means Boston may be out, and that is saying a lot about the Eastern Conference. I thought Phoenix was gonna get swept, didn't you. I did, I really did. I thought it was it was over. They were getting their asses beat multiple games. The ghost of Chris Paul just pulled his groin and then the series flipped on its head. Truthfully, everything changed. Phoenix now ties the series with the number one seed Nuggets behind the usual suspects. Of course, we wanted big performances from Devin Booker. We got thirty six from him. Of course, you get thirty six from Kevin Durant and then.
Speaker 3: Nineteen from Check's notes.
Speaker 2: Landry Shammitt's Landry Shammitt four four threes in the final quarter of action, just nail in the coffin.
Speaker 3: After nailing the coffin.
Speaker 2: Forced the Denver Nuggets himself two big threes, two separate timeouts called by Denver like, oh shit, we cannot be letting Landry Shammitt's little last be sending us home, and he did. Shammitt was just in absolute sniper mode. Every time Denver got close. Landry Shammitt pulled up from deep and it was wet. I don't understand it, and the bench showed up for the first time. Pretty much all series scored forty. The bench scored forty. They were getting like four points off the bench before Chris Paul got injured. All of the bench was in plus numbers. All of this Sun's starting lineup was negative. Wild that the series was saved by its shallow bench, But props to Jock Landell, TJ. Warren, Terrence Ross, and of course Landry Shammitt. Landale was an impressive plus sixteen for the game. He was ballin', which brings up an interesting point.
Speaker 3: I need to know.
Speaker 2: Is this Phoenix Sun's team better without Chris Paul. I don't mean it in a stephen A. Smith way. I actually mean this. I actually think this team is better for whatever reason, MANI would not go to Terrence Ross, he would not play them. He would not play Landry, he would not play Campaign. He was running out six deep getting no produce. I think Landry had like two minutes in game one. I think Terrence Ross got a DNPCD. I think our man TJ. Warren DNPCD. And then all of Monnie's plans went to hell in a handbasket, and now he had to make adjustments and find some guys on the bench who he knew could score buckets and now it's tied to two. It might have saved Monny's job. Chris Paul's injury might have saved Monny's job. And I think it's this is why Chris Paul is a turtle. He is slow, Let's be honest. His playoff pedigree is built off of slow, playing it up the floor, putting his butt into someone's chest when he's backing him down, even ninety four feet away from your rim, and just setting up this offense slow, methodical point god shit. But maybe, just maybe that makes the Phoenix Suns worse. Maybe just maybe they need to be playing faster, They need to be getting easier buckets in transition. Maybe Dean thrives in a faster, up tempo offense. Same thing with Devin Booker, same thing.
Speaker 3: With Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Maybe half court offense is hard because the defense is set. They have had all this time to settle their defense down and figure out what you want to do. But the big story, though, really revolves around Yokic and this controversy.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He put up fifty three.
Speaker 2: He was incredible, twenty of thirty from shooting, but he also managed to get himself squarely involved in some conflict that could possibly affect the entire series. With two and a half minutes left in the first half. Is what happened.
Speaker 3: Jokic was scrambling out of balance for the ball.
Speaker 2: Jokicic tried to get the ball, which happened to fall into a fan's hand.
Speaker 3: The fan refused.
Speaker 2: To give up the ball, literally was holding onto it like it was his baby. Jokic grabbed it, pulled it away from him, shove the fan down, tried to get the ball thrown to him, squirt it into another fan, tried to get the ball. Then that first fan got into his face and Yokic seemed to put his shoulder into him.
Speaker 3: And the fan flew to the ground. Who's a flop? It was an egregious flop.
Speaker 2: In other words, the video showed that he maybe sort of kind of went into the stands and malice in the palace them, you know what I mean, just a little shove in the stands, put his shoving into the guy. Who was this fan that Jokic shoved This guy a matthew Ishbia. Turns out matthew Ishbia is the new billionaire owner of the Phoenix suns. So Jokic shoves an NBA owner courtside for refusing to give the ball up and get out of the way, and that owner, matt Isshbia, flopped like a La Liga forward dating one of those supermodels that never smile.
Speaker 3: It was a very soft move.
Speaker 2: I respect the hell out of matt Ishbia, former spartan for pulling that. That's something that only Tom Izzo can teach. Matt Ishbia, Draymond Green, same guy, same guy. The big problem though, is that the league's kind of fucked because they're not gonna want to suspend Jolkic for that bullshit. But it was against the rules. It was The rules are very clear. You can one not go into the stands period. You cannot put your hands on a fan for any reason. There's a tiny bit of wiggle room because they say that Jokic wasn't really in the stands, he was court side, he was on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: Very thin argument. He did kind of sort of push a fan.
Speaker 2: Even Ishbia was like, Hey, I'm not trying to get I want us to win with Jokic.
Speaker 3: We don't want him to get suspended.
Speaker 2: But I am not sure what the league is going to do. It is a conundrum. The question is what would have happened if it was Draymond and not Jokic. Booker said after the game, when asked about it, he got us a point.
Speaker 3: He did his job, he did. It was a technical foul.
Speaker 2: And they got a point out of it. In a series that could be swayed very easily by a suspension by a star player. But listen, those Yoks non Yoks minutes are rough. A non Yoks game is pretty much a win for the Phoenix Suns, and we got some drama on our hands and it's not been on the court, and that is a shame because after two ugly gross first two games, this series has gotten very fun, very fast. So no one wants to see the Joker suspended. But it is all in Adam Silver's hands now and we will see what he does. The other two games are on Monday night, which is when I am recording right now. The games have not gone underway yet and I am not sure what is going to happen, so I'm going to keep my comments very general until we get back into the studio. Nick's heat, I think the Knicks are very much in trouble. I think that this team cannot shoot. If they come out in Game five and shoot like the snipers that they wanna be, then maybe that changes, but I don't think so. A lot of this has to do though, with Julius Randall. He didn't single handedly lose the game on Saturday for the Knicks, but.
Speaker 3: He was not great.
Speaker 2: He was not who they need him to be if they want to win and move on. He's injured. I know that he's injured, but you can't shoot thirty five percent from the field from the field from the field in the playoffs. That is eleven percentage points lower than his regular season numbers, and when he was asked about it, he said, well, some of the looks are different. The defense is a bit tighter, so I've got to do a better job of finding ways to execute off of that. But I'll be fine. Will he be fine? Though, Like, I don't know if he will be I don't know about that, chief, Like I know everyone says I'll be fine, I'll be fine, but in this moment against the heat against Jimmy Butler, I'm not sure on a bum wheel if you're gonna be All I know is that the Knicks cannot afford another negative thirty four performance from our man are Jay Barrett Ronan, We're gonna need more from you, sir. That is a season killing number right there. And if the Knicks can't hit threes, they are dead. Miami's going to pack the paint. They're going to make it very difficult for Mitchell Robinson and all them young boys underneath the basket to get rebounds and to score. And they're gonna let all these chuckers who are bricking consistently shoot from three. Randall oh for five from three last game, Brunson oh for five from three Topping and Grimes combined one for eight. That is one for eighteen right there. That is no bueno. Bam Adebayo was absolutely dominant in Game three. Eric Spolster had some big time flowers to give to bam Adebayo.
Speaker 10: Man I thought bam was a major part of that. He was all over the place both ends of the court. Uh And the stat line probably doesn't do it any justice of.
Speaker 8: The impact.
Speaker 10: You know, to be able to take a challenge on on a great player like Randall's limited help and then Raill's so clever. He knows how to draw fouls as well, so he can't be overly physical. And then we're also asking him, you know, to play pick and roles and then rebound and finish our defense.
Speaker 8: He's our best rebounder and we need him to do that as well. And he did all of that.
Speaker 10: And then offensively, he was just so active on the offensive glass, the random stuff in the paint, and some of these didn't lead to his.
Speaker 8: Scores, but they set the table.
Speaker 10: Just that aggressiveness, you know, for our team.
Speaker 8: And that's why he is who he is. He's just a winning player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, bam Adabay is doing everything for this team. For a small ball five who's probably really more of a four, he has been incredible. My question is, really is this the ugliest series in the playoffs, because it feels like it is both teams last game shot under forty.
Speaker 3: P a field.
Speaker 2: Thirty six percent from the field for a team and the other team also below forty percent. All I know is the Knicks need to win to night or they are dead dead in the water. How is Anthony Davis the best player in the NBA and also the most disappointing player in the NBA at the same time. I don't understand it. I really really don't. Uh. The Lakers blew out the Warriors by thirty uh, and they took a two to one lead. But the question is, do you think that Steph Curry, the Steph God.
Speaker 3: The babyface Assassin, is worried at all?
Speaker 4: I mean, they made an adjustment in terms of their matchups to try to take away a pick and roll in the pocket passing at four on three advantage we having the backside and Draymond being in a sweet spot like they have is understand, that's when we're at our best. So we'll make adjustments.
Speaker 2: Will make adjustments with a wink and a head nod.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm gonna do. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: I wish I could show you this arrogant smirk that's on Steph Curry's face that you if you are playing against him, you always want to smack.
Speaker 3: I love Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Also, you know, really quickly, is are these the most annoying? Is this the battle royale of most annoying fan bases complaining about the same thing to one another into the void every single game, whoever wins, the losing team is always complaining about how the other team is babied and protected by the referees in the league. Like it's like the Lakers win and the Warriors fans like, do you see this is the Lakers purple and gold Lebron James. They're always getting every single call? Is this bullshit?
Speaker 3: Ah? And then the Warriors win the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Like it's Steph.
Speaker 3: Steph is getting every call.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying the Dub nation they're just the champions, They've got championship pedigree and they get every call.
Speaker 3: Do you see this?
Speaker 2: This is bullshit? It's literally like a ping pong of rage between the two fan bases. I can't fucking stand either one. I wish they could both lose. I really wish they could both just be done at home. Can cooning mock drafting their way into oblivion right now? Because watching those two fan bases square off in the Twitter verse is like, on one hand, hilarious because it's like, yeah, every other team feels like this about both of you guys, Like that's what, Yes, you're right and you're right.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: The last eight times though that the Warriors got beat by fifteen in the playoffs, they came back and won the next game.
Speaker 3: Our Dubs always make adjustments. You've been warned.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty two twenty twenty three Kia All Rookie List has been released. It's always a lot of fun to see if they've gotten it right. And lordy, lordy, they finally got the first team All Rookie team down, like dead on first team. Here it is Paolo ben Cerro, as they would say, Orlando Magic, Walker Kessler from the Utah Jazz, Benedict Mathern from the Pacers, Keegan Murray from the Kings, and Jalen Williams with an E from the Thunder Perfect list. No changes, absolutely the five best rookies this year. Paalo, of course, Rookie of the Year. He was always gonna get it. We've talked about him a lot on the pod. He exceeded the hype. He's going to continue to exceed the hype. I think he's an MVP at some point. I think he's a champion at some point. He was the best rookie from day one all the way through the end of the season. Even if he did have like fifteen games where you just he just couldn't make a three, you just couldn't hit the broad set of a Barn. Ben Mathern was a guy that I've always loved. I saw him at Arizona. I wanted Portland to draft him. He's been electric. The only thing that really kept him back was the fact that Rick Adelman was hiding him on the bench for pretty much most of the season until Tyrese Haliburton got injured because he had to earn his starting spot. Absolutely fucking stupid thing to do, don't know, especially on a team that had many injuries and particularly wasn't gonna.
Speaker 3: Win many games.
Speaker 2: I love Ben Mathern. He definitely earned that spot.
Speaker 3: Keegan Murray was a lock.
Speaker 2: He hit the most threes of any rookie, broke a record for a guy kind of with like an interesting shot.
Speaker 3: He is a bucket.
Speaker 2: I think he has one of the best catch and shoot percentages in the NBA. Came alive in the playoffs, huge performances, announced himself to the wide wide world now that Sacramento got on national TV for the first time all year, and he showed that the moment wasn't too big. Jalen Williams Jalen with an E kind of a surprise to me. Definitely thought he had huge upside when the Oklahoma City Thunder drafted him, knew that he would contribute, but oh my god, like he was probably the most consistent rookie next to Paolo all year, showed up game in game out part of a very super exciting team in OKC. He can do a little bit of everything. He can score, he can defend, he can rebound, he can pass. He's just one of those glue guys who can give you whatever you need as a team, as in his side. I think the funny thing about the Jalen Williams Jalen Williams thing is that Jalen Williams with a why and an I Jalen the bigger one. He got one vote for the first team All Rookie Team, which means obviously someone misspelled it. They just got the wrong Jalen. They meant Jalen with a knee, and they fucked it up and did a very honest mistake.
Speaker 3: Anyone bet it was a voter who just mistook him.
Speaker 2: That was me. I think that happened. The biggest surprise, though, I think is Walker Kessler. I tweeted out something earlier that maybe people forgot, but he was the number twenty two to pick in the draft, and that number twenty two pick actually belonged to the Memphis g Hzlies. How was the Memphis Grizzlies pick, which I am sure they would have loved to have, that they turned into Jake Lauravia and a future second round pick. The question is, could you imagine Walker Kessler on that team when Steven Adams went down, when Brandon Clark went down? Can you imagine a scenario where Walker Kesler, who can shoot threes, was on the court with Jaron Jackson Junior at the same exact time. Would that have made a difference in the Lakers Grizzly series. I fucking think so yes, Memphis. Memphis made a big mistake, so did Minnesota when they let him go. Honestly, Utah should have paid them draft picks in order to get Walker Kessler because he's cheaper, he's going to be better, and he's a lot less drama and now he's going to be a key piece to the Utah Jazz build around for years. The twenty twenty two twenty twenty three All Rookie second list a little suspect. We got four guys on two teams on the We got two Detroit Pistons on this list, and we got two Houston Rockets on this list. That is troubling. Those two teams not complete. They have a bunch of just chuckers. They were not good. Nothing, no bright spots on those teams. I take a lot of exception to the fact that Shayden Sharp was not on this list. Shadon Sharp is better than I would say all five of these players. Andrew Nemhar probably deserved he is. He just is like he is. Andrew Nemhar deserved also to be on this list, I think, above Jabari Smith and Tarry Eason. The list is as follow us Jalen Duran, Tarry Easton, Jaden Ivy, Jabari Smith, Jeremy Sohan, Detroit Detroit, Houston, Houston, San Antonio Spurs just three of the worst teams in the league.
Speaker 3: That's all no problem.
Speaker 2: Shaydon got better as the season got along. He had many games where he was putting up over thirty doing everything, rebounding, assisting, het multiple threes, dunking on your eyeball. He deserved to be the second team. Nemhard could have could be a real sleeper moving forward as well. Some players who who got votes who I think will impact winning in the new year future. I think Christian Brown is deserved. Denver's playing really well and he's playing important minutes in important games for them. Jayden Hardy and Dallas could easily find himself to be a starter next year. Dyson Daniels didn't have much time to prove himself in the lineup, but I think he's gonna be really good moving forward New Orleans. He will definitely contribute moving forward. Who else got some? Aj Griffin in Atlanta. I think he's going to be really impactful moving forward. And that's pretty much it. Mark Williams trash. He was not good. The only time he got better was after they made some trades. He's got some real defensive deficiencies. But a lot of fun players on this list. Like I said, AJ Griffin, Marshawn Beauchamp. Will have to see whether Chris Middleton goes and whether he can get some some points. But pretty much that's the list makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: But that is all the time that we have.
Speaker 2: If the heat check will be back Thursday with an all new episode which will come out Friday. Check for past episodes and many episodes which drop almost every single day, we have an interview with Keith Smith. Maybe we'll put on the pod that comes out tonight. Follow the heat check as the NBA Playoffs are in full swing and we're getting closer and closer to the finals. Do not forget to download, Please subscribe. Please tell your friends, every single one of them, anyone who loves basketball. I would love them to be referred to the podcast and follow us on social ade at this heat check on TikTok at Trister Creek on TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram. We will see you Friday,