Speaker 1: If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame my Bro also known as my ro Flame. Come in with last and come.
Speaker 2: In with your love loundes.
Speaker 1: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Tests?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know she.
Speaker 1: Raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna last, coming and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a list you spirits think you want to revisit, so your first like a listen you folks.
Speaker 3: So it's slip, oh folks that.
Speaker 2: We dig it?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Hey, no fish do what you do? Y?
Speaker 3: No fish, do what you dog? No kids do what I do? No good?
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, this is comedian flame Bro, and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn, Ladies and Gentlemen. I am here. My co host, my lovely Bobby Clifford is here. How you Bobby? Hi?
Speaker 2: How are you? Honey?
Speaker 4: I want to be up for the and joyful for our fans, But today is the day of reckoning, ladies and gentlemen. We put up, We put up before we even get into this, and this is the base of our show. I just want to say, I hope everybody still has their wits about them and has your mind right, because if you did your part, if you voted the way you wanted to vote, and you did that, that's all you can do. We have no more control over what has happened. We as a Democrat, we lost the race to Donald Trump and so and here in Lafteline we are very fair. So we want to start off by saying congratulations to President elect Donald Trump. And as much as I didn't want him to be the president, he is still the president of the United States. So we want to say that. And we'll get into all of that later. And I know a lot of people are going through a lot of emotions, the gloom and doom, the depression, that what have you. But you can't take all that on because if you did your part, like I said, that's all you could do. That's all that you can do. There's nothing else you could do. We don't have power like that, but we have seeing how power works. Good God. So thank you guys for joining us here this week for that to learn. I'm just getting to New York City. I'm in New York in my hotel Rower. I came from Nashville, Tennessee, from the City Winery with Tiffany had It And let me just say that Nashville, I adore you. You guys were fantastic. We had a great time, two great shows. You guys came out and really showed up and showed out. I actually worked last night on election night, Bobby, and we were sold out and people were just really trying to get away from looking at what was happening, even though they were stealing their phones trying to see what was happening. But now we know what it is. So we're here in New York City. I'll be at the City Winery with Tiffany hat Its this Friday. The first show is sold out. We have two shows. The second show has last count maybe thirteen seats. So you better move fast because it's gonna be a big one. Anyway, Let's get on with the get on with the get on. How are you took.
Speaker 2: I'm in the past twenty four hours or pubably forty eight not good. Yesterday I had such a sense of I don't know, a heaviness about me. I couldn't even know.
Speaker 4: You said, yeah, this is all about the elections. The right choice of words.
Speaker 2: No, but that's it's.
Speaker 5: It's I can't describe it any other way. It was I and my stomach was upset right from the morning. I felt uneasy, and I don't know why, because everybody was thinking it was going to go a different way.
Speaker 2: At that point, I just said, even though this is what we do, I couldn't. I couldn't watch it. I couldn't watch it. I think you He spoke at twelve thirty in the morning, and that was I was just putting it on two seconds before the phone rang, and I watched it for the three minutes we were on the phone, and I'm like, you know what, I got to put this. I couldn't do it. So and by then though, we saw that the tides were turning. And then this morning I woke up and I didn't want to get out of bed and I was upset. And then I said, you know what, enough, exactly what you just said. You did your part. You've been talking about it for two seasons, We've been talking.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about it. Yeah, And that was not a heavy dis vibe. That's a blanket of weight and sadness. I'm actually glad that the election is over. You know, yeah, listen, it's done. It is done. We have to deal with the consequences of the actions of the people who did vote or who did not vote in him, because unfortunately what we wanted and what you guys wanted were not the same. But the ones who didn't want it, we will be the collateral damage for the ones that did want it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see and we'll get into all of that as we start talking about it, like what he can actually do get away with. We see what happens with the house, right, and we'll get into all of that. But remember everythings through the house first. So if by some miracle everybody say they're no venas I have my saying Jude prayer sitting here right here. I was praying to the son of a gun all night, we get the house, then there is a check and balance that does give us a guardrail. But so I got up this morning and I said, Bobby, you get one day to grieve, one day to feel crappy, one day to mope, and then you brush yourself off and you push forward. Right, And as Americans, we love a fight, So we have to continue to fight. We have to continue to protect each other. We have to try. Also, if the people in Washington, I'm going to take the vitriol and the hate down, we can do it. We can be a little bit better. And I had friends that were immediately I haven't seen them in years, but they were immediately posting all this nonsensical crap. All the Democrats are big cry babies. She didn't even give us speech. They're going to close down the highways to make us miserable. And I'm like, well, hold on, And I was going to post it, and then I didn't. First of all, she didn't give a speech, because you have to the order of things, the decorum of it is the loser in this case, Harris has to call the winner in this case Trump, and conceived to him directly first. That's after all of the votes we're in. We saw where it was going, but it wasn't for sure. And then once she does that or he does that, then they give their concession speech. Well Trump wouldn't take her call until one o'clock this afternoon. I'm sure that was all power and whatever. I don't care. It doesn't make it. That part doesn't make a difference. But I saw that, and I thought the Republicans weren't crying the last time. I'm like crying there was an insurrection and happy you still don't believe that you even lost. But then I went, you know it's not worth it, are you?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not airing.
Speaker 2: No, my side.
Speaker 4: Gonna happen. Oh okay, I'm sorry. It's my things, Harry Coy Okay, and we're going. But I'm only saying three seconds thirteen seconds now?
Speaker 2: So is that on my it my vineyards? Okay? So six twenty all this conversation, okay, I'm sorry, all right, So it's six twenty. I don't know if you want to write it down. That's when we talked about this, and we're going to stop up. We're going to stop right now.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I just decided not to post because I didn't need to add to the negativity. I'm just gonna let people say what you say. And I don't necessarily feel that way. Part of our problem is that we can't talk to one another. We should be able to talk like grown ups. You listen to me, I listened to you. We might not agree, and then you go on your merry way. That's what I decided.
Speaker 4: That's the opperative word, right there, grown up, Let's start off with we lost the passing of a legend. Oh my god, I know one ninety one years old mister Quincy Jones, who has done a huge barrage of everything, has worked with everyone from Michael Jackson to Oprah Winfrey to you name it. He's been with David Boye, everybody, So everybody, Michael Stevie Wonder. You know, he was the driving force behind him the biggest selling album of all time, which was Thriller Michael Jackson. So and like you said, Bobby just a legend icon ninety one years old, ninety one years young. That's a blessing. That is a true blessing. And I'm just waiting for the book to come out because you know a few years ago he was gonna write a tell all and the daughter stopped it, said he was he was he was having a little taste of dementia. When no, he's gone tell it all.
Speaker 2: I am sure. I'm sure he had a ghost writer, and I'm sure somebody somebody will do it. What I loved is years and he got to pass at home surrounded by his family. I thought that was God. That is a beautiful thing. That's what I hope for all of us. That was a life while lived. He did quite a bit in his life. He's not going to have any regrets. But so yay, you know, good passing, whatever, whatever the expression is you want to use.
Speaker 4: Just a legend and this year twenty twenty four has been an eye opening you. We loft so many legends and this year is doing y'all. This year is not done. So stay live each day like it's your last, because you don't know when it is your last. Where we going byby Cliff, because I know we're going to spend a lot of time on today's election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, well let's but there's a few other things have been happening, so let's buzz through on a positive note. The Boeing strike is finally over. This is the most expensive strike in history. I think it came in at between eleven and twelve billion. It had cost everybody. They did get they had a deal, they were refused the deal, and then a week later they came with this one. Some people none of us ever saw the first deal, but they said this one wasn't so different. They got a pay increase of forty three percent. But over graduated over time. They're getting immediate rays of thirteen percent. Then they kind of ty trade it up. They're also going to get a ratification bonus of twelve thousand each which they can contribute to a four or one K if they want to. The one thing that they were looking for that they did not get. And unfortunately, I even know that the company that I work for through the day, is that they didn't get the pension. They had their last agreement let the pension go in twenty fourteen and ten years later. You know, naturally no company wants to pick up a pension. It cost a fortune, so they didn't get that. I think that was the twelve k was the peanut that was offered to them. So anyway, they're backup in business. Something outside thought was interesting because I didn't hear of it, And I know if I didn't know, if you did, only you know, looking up what's happened in the news this week? Did I see that there was a PowerPoint in Tennessee. There was some man that was gonna blow it up. I don't know why he was going to blow it up. He was just moments from it. It would have left people. I don't know if it was something over the election not it was in the Nashville area. They caught him. He was twenty four Skylar Philippi or Phillips or something, and he's he's got a white supremacy ideology. The FBI already has they saw the plot. They have them. He's behind buyers right now.
Speaker 4: And that's it.
Speaker 2: But I didn't hear anything about that, not in this area anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, girl, I want to do politics. I don't want to do well. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was public, I don't know. I don't know. We don't know what that was about it.
Speaker 4: If he's a white supremacist, he probably already that their agenda is very different from everybody else's. So listen, I'm glad they caught him before he could do any structure and take anybody out.
Speaker 2: Me too, Me too. So economy, the DROPS report was down. It was only twelve thousand jobs. Nothing that they were surprised about, because remember we had all those hurricanes, so they weren't. They weren't surprised about that. The number is because of the election. The stock market went through the roof today, So I don't know if we're taking that as a win because the people who have anything in their stocks, are anything put away for retirement will benefit. And then the Fed looks like they're going to wrap up the year by another zero point two five cut to the interest rate.
Speaker 4: So speaking of stocks, speaking of stock, if you got any money right now, might be a really good time to invest in privatized prisons because I honestly believe that the stock is going to go up in prisons because Trump won and so many people invest. We talked about this on Lafelane before. In privatized prisons. It is yeah, that which means that they're going to have to put more people in prisons. So please be careful, lad because Projects twenty twenty five is on the docket and it is on the move, and it is very scary. Let's get to it, Bobby, Let's get to it. Let's get to it. Let's get to it. First of all, I want to say this before you go any further. I hope that Kamala Harris, Vice President, Kamala Harris will take a week at least five to seven days of anwer relaxation. The lady has been diligent, she has worked hard, the last two interviews I see in down two interviews, last two places I see her speech. She just looked exhausted. She looked like, I just don't want to think about it. I don't want it. I want to go to sleep. I don't want to comb my hair, I don't want to brush my teeth. I want to lay up under my husband and feel safe. And I pray that she can get her five to seven days of sun and relaxation and just don't think about nothing that has happened, because it's over now it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she'll do it. And the only reason I want that for her too. And you know, let's face in January, she's nothing but time. They have two and a half months, her and Biden. I have a feeling as we're speaking there's a powerall happening. They're going to try to figure out now that now that whatever he does convert her. I bet you anything, they're sitting down figuring out they can actually get done, who they're going to release, who they're going to part, and what they can what they can potentially kind of push through. And then you know, in two and a half months, she's got as much time I hope she goes away for a month and does nothing. I thought she looked exhausted too. I think she looked as pale as anything.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine having her having her schedule. I don't think they sleep for four hours. The last thing I wanted to talk about before we got to that, just as as kind of a positive is did you see that former Kentucky policeman Bret Hankerson was convicted avery perfect Taylor.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, finally some hopefully some justice. At least they have convicted him. Now, mind you, if this does not happen before Trump gets in office, he can get apart from President Trump, because President Trump in Project twenty twenty five is given promising the police for the community.
Speaker 2: But he even forget about Project twenty twenty five. That's that's important, But put that aside. He said that himself sayings Project twenty twenty five, he wanted to give them full autonomy. I think is the expression that he used. Yeah, he said that back in December. So now that it's written in, now that we've seen Project twenty twenty five and we see that it's there's outlines of how that stuff will be handled it's it's coming. It's yeah, it's coming. So we will well, we'll get to it. The only other thing I want to say is poor poor Zelenski. As soon as as soon as he won, believe it or not, that was the first thing I thought of. I'm like, he is screwed.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for Zelenski and the country of Ukraine. But I feel more bad for me America and for black and brown and for black and brown people.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too, me too. All right, let's get to it. There's no there's no. So the election for the House is ongoing. The Senate and that's ongoing too. They're still counting votes for the Senate, but it's they. They are over. They're over the number to control it. Now we'll just see by how much they actually they actually will control it. So the positives are our friend Jason Lee, one councilman of Stockton.
Speaker 4: Districts, Jason Lee, and y'all know being Jason Lee has had our running. As congratulations to Jason Lee.
Speaker 2: He's trying to do the right thing. Doing service is important, something that I pray to God. We get the House. I'm a little scared. But Sarah McBride of Delaware. She's going to be the first openly transgender person elected to Congress. I hope that she's received well there with this administration.
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully she won't get to the floor and act the donkey like that last one. Did remember that other transgender she was in Congress, she was in a state something, Yeah, and got to the floor and act the dunky and they removed that. She was never allowed to come back in. So we've had from the LGBT community. We had a couple of representatives and in and in service in government that has acted food. What was the other one named the guy who cheated?
Speaker 2: Oh he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not, but he was still part of the LGBT.
Speaker 2: Community from from New York, from Santos, Okay, Yes he was. But I I always wanted to find out what what his lift glass color was because I loved that lift gloss. They were full and puffy and I got being serious and I kind of liked it. He had just a little not enough color. It's I'm kind of a low maintenance girl, so I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: The other saying, hold on, one of the did he used that live gloss in his day life and in his night life, because you know his day life, he was a lion senator. In his life life, he was the drag queen. I'm just wondering.
Speaker 2: I bet he had a little bit more punched to his color.
Speaker 4: I wondered that the live gross, the live gloss cross over.
Speaker 2: From from day tonight sorries. Since Kamala Harris I think was the last black senator, we have two at the same time, one from Delaware, one from Maryland that are going to be serving two black women senators. So that's something. Yeah, so we're taking our we gotta we gotta do the good with the bad.
Speaker 4: Fannie Williams also won her sleep.
Speaker 2: She did and uh oh yeah, she absolutely did, and I thought, you go girl. Yeah, And of course we trump one the We know that the federal cases will go away, but the staycases, so we won't hear from Jacksmith anymore. That will be that'll be gone, which means that Aileen Cannon that threw the case out for the documents down in Florida, that would have gone anyway. So we didn't end up losing anything, but she did potentially gain Attorney General a spot, a spot on the list the short list of Attorney general. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: There looks her way in and Elon must about his way in allegedly, So yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: So we'll see. I mean, in the end, I have to say to you, I was surprised, not shocked, but surprised just from everything that we're hearing in more, I can't believe as Americans that we have an impeached two times impeached Felon that that is going to be representing us with all the hatred with the Madison Square guide in the you know, Puerto Rico, be in the.
Speaker 4: Garbage with the insurrection against the Capitol, which was completely a bent with him saying point nine rifles should be pointed at Liz changed. He just just and every job application that you fell out, are you? Are you a feeling? Are you a criminal?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do it anymore because he got the job. He took that black job, and he didn't check the box.
Speaker 4: He took that job. He took that job from being to the leader of the free world.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't so she, But I was what I'm really surprised with flame though I think ninety percent of the vote is in right now, has been counted that he is two ninety four and she's only two twenty three. That surprised me. I thought the numbers would be closer. I really did think she had a chance to win. I thought it would be messed up. It would be we'd be doing it for months trying to count those those.
Speaker 4: If we're gonna be here honest on that and learn today. I really thought we had a chance of winning until recently, and I've talked about this on coffee time maybe about two and a half maybe three weeks ago, I was watching a football game, Yes, I watched football, and they were running Donald Trump's the Republican ads about they're going to send your kid to school as a boy, he's going to come home as a girl. And there's nothing you can do about it, because you know, they have made the laws to where the teachers can't even call the parents. It's a crime for you to tell for a teacher to call you, Bobby, tell you what your kids doing, or how they decided they want to identify ads. When I saw that, Bobby and I saw it three times, doing one football game three times. I'm a parent, I'm also a part of the LGBT community. It shocked me, Like what, so I knew what they were doing. They were weaponizing the transagenda and pushing fear like you wouldn't believe. This is how he won our fear bullying, ignorance, and sexism, and they pushed that trans narratives. They had five things we talked about. The economy, of course that's in there, and of course the immigrants, but that fear, bullying and ignorance because you don't know. Ignorance is not that you don't want to know, it's that you don't know, and sometimes you don't want to know. And the bullying, I'm going to get you back. He's never stood on one promise or policy that he has promised, but guaranteed he is going to stand on I'm going to get you back if you came out to me. That's the only thing I believe he's going to stand down.
Speaker 2: Well, I get nervous. I'm nervous with Chris Christy, Chris Cheney, Kelly Millie. I am nervous. We'll see. I don't know what he can actually do. They might get audited for the rest of their lives. Like, I don't know what he actually do because as you just said, he didn't keep the promise before. I don't know if he will, but he did have people that were held a guardrails. They left him after short periods of time, and as he said, they weren't loyal to him, but they kind of kept him in check. So we're really going to have to look to see what this what this cabinet is going to look like. He's batting around things. I was reading in one article I don't know if it was CNN, that was saying that he might hire everybody quote unquote as tempts basically because then they don't have to go through the Senate or any you know, nobody else has to look at it. He can himself make the decision. And I'm thinking most people are tempts with them anyway, because they didn't last all that long. You know, the person that lasted the longest that just came out I came out against him and said they were voting for Harris. So but I was very proud that both President Biden and Vice President Harris reached out to him to congratulate him. She asked him to be the president for everybody, and Biden offered to have him come in and catch him up to meet with two of them and catch him up. He didn't do He did do it with Obama, but I don't think he did any like he didn't take notes.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he would do that. You know, this time it leaves. We have to remember that it leaves the Senate seat for vance open, and what happens usually it's different stafe by stake. But the governor, Mike Mike Dwine is a Republican and he will he'll fill that seat. There's two years left on the seat. He'll fill it, and then he'll probably be up in the midterm elections. That seat will be up. It'd be nice if we could start working on it now. Everybody in Ohio.
Speaker 4: You're saying that Trump, President Biden and Kamala Harrison is going to bring him in for a debriefing of what's happening. But I think people forgot that. They said publicly that he never liked to listen to the daily briefings. He wouldn't read him. He didn't want to hear they had. They had to bait him with good news because he didn't want to hear the bad news. I'm telling you, everyone seem to have forgotten so many things that was happening, and how it's too late. It's just too late by.
Speaker 2: I remember President Obama saying that he had him in and he came in and he said, actually, when he was explaining about the Affordable Care acter, he goes, yeah, that's not bad. That actually is a great idea that you know, b blah blah blah blah. But you know, he didn't do anything. He didn't Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, So let's go to the negatives of what's going to what's possibly going to happen, because nobody can predict the future. But with the promises of Project twenty twenty five, social Security may be cut, Medicare, food stamps, public housing, public school, the FBI may get the Department of Justice may be the funded. The police will have full immunity. It is the LGBT. They may dissolve gay marriages, the trains, the transgender funding for medica, medication and surgeries and hormone therapy replacements, and the non for profit organizations. So many things are into odland. The abortion. The abortion. Oh my god, I have daughters that God forbid because they're definitely not ready to be mothers. And I know Both of my daughters are of that age, you know, of being sexually active. Of course I don't ask them, and I'm like, well, I wouldn't give out their business. Say, I'll know everybody knew it or didn't know it. But if God forbid, if something happened and they got pregnant, they're definitely not ready to have a baby. I think the only thing that would save us because we live in California and Gavin Newsom is not having any of it. California might be one of the safest havens to live in this union. Boston is safe too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're Democrat, you know, we're seventy percent Democrats still, so we would. But let's let's wind that back just for two day. Okay, let's not call it an abortion. Let's say in five years your girls are married or they just they're ready to have a family, they get pregnant, they're four or five months along, and the feetus dies or something terrible happens. There was a twenty one year old that died in twenty twenty one in Georgia, and because they wouldn't give her the DNC because there was still a heartbeat, they had to wait until the heartbeat was over by then she was so septic she died. So it didn't have to be that you're making a choice that you don't want the child. We're talking about regular husbands and wives, and it's all encompassed. I think what has happened. I think we won the midterm elections. One of the reason we did so we were supposed to take a blood bath, if you remember, but we didn't. We held our own and even gained a couple of seats, is that people were so outraged because Dobs had just come out. But now you know how people have short memories, and people like you and I that are that are in states, they're going to protect. Some of the states have got some protection. There are some that have gotten worse, but it's a number of states. It's not all the states. And I think people have forgotten. So that's what. So the things you talked about things that we can control. So we're just we just talked about JD. Vancy seat and Ohio Democrats rally and Ohio try to really push the for two years for the midterm election, push your Democratic candidate, let's win that seat over and you know, keep keep pushing on on things like reproductive rights. There's stuff by vote, voting locally, by paying attention that we can do. It's it feels hopeless today, but we're Americans. We're tough, we're tough nuts. We're gonna we're gonna get through this. But we I don't want to hear people moaning and grown in when when their child is on an education plan and we have no Department of Education any longer. And oh my god, what about little Bobby. Well, little Bobby if you voted for the one who loved education.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Alon Musk made a statement maybe a week ago to say, we're about to follow on some hard times, but they won't be they'll be temporaries. And I'm like, DL Hughley made a great statement. Now, what would this billionaire know, the richest man in the world know about hard time? Fall? No hard times, hard time. Hard times for us could be were in a soup kitchen, were in a soup plan, It could be a lot. So I'm telling you guys right now, hold on to what you have, stock up if you can, because we don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've already told my family and everybody's on board.
Speaker 4: With it.
Speaker 2: I have paycheck to paycheck because I have very large student loans, and I'm like, you know what, I think we're doing a non Christmas Christmas this year. You know, we'll celebrate the day, we'll all be together, but we don't need stuff. I'd rather try to pay down my debt or put put it in a cookie jar somewhere. Elon Musk, the Pennsylvania judge, said that his one million dollar sweepstake thing was Okay, they haven't really given at least I can't find the rationale. I'm sure it's somewhere that I'm just not smart enough to figure out because it's not run, it's not really a sweepstake. The person is known prior or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that maybe the the the district attorney that was in Pennsylvania maybe should have written it up a little bit differently. But that's that's sort of out out of the picture. I heard Trump say last week in something he was he was doing an interview and they were asking about Elon Musk being in the cabinet, and he said, oh, no, he's gonna he's he's much much too busy to be in the Cabinet the Sean Show. It was where I heard it. He said, I would absolutely give it to him, but he's gonna be too busy. But I might. I like his idea, so I might bring him in as a consultant. And I got to tell you, I'm hanging on to that today because more than the president only has so much power, it's the house in the Senate. That's why I'm hanging onto the house with my my fingernails. But Elon Musk scared me because he was gonna gut everything. He wanted to get rid of everything that anything that's federal, any duplication, any moneies that are given out and then start start over again. So what are people do in the meantime that live on all that? So I was sort of happy to hear that the MAHA movement make America healthy again. Robert Kennedy Junior is doing it. I believe he's an environmental attorney. I don't know what the hell he knows, other then he doesn't like zaccines. He wants to take floride. We're gonna have a bunch of buck tooths or no two kids walking around because they're not gonna have any floor right in the water.
Speaker 4: For Christ's sake, you putting the man who has brainwork, who has made it brainworm in charge of mental health girl, I mean in charge of a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, absolutely crazy. Some of some of the other names are Marco Rubio for Secretary of State. We talked about Alien Cannon being the in line for the Attorney General, Mike Mike Pompeo. He already had Mike Pompeo serve as the CIA director. But he's talking about maybe again Secretary. Oh, he was a Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, excuse me, or something to do with national security. Ramaswami is looking for Department of Homeland Security. You know he's gonna he's gonna wipe that nose off first because he went in deep to to try to after calling him every name or not named, trying to run against him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yes, so we're gona have to watch the cabinet people. That's what we're really going to have to pay attention to.
Speaker 4: Do you think let me ask you, Bobby, do you think he's going to find a seat for Nicky Haley?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Would he be smart to because I will tell you Nicki Haley is a patriot. She wouldn't go against the Constitution. I don't like her, and I think she's a big flip flopper, which I thought Pence was like. But Pence in the end did the right thing. And I think I truly think that she would. But you know, I think he's threatened by her.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, to be smart. Well, I understand that the people are the people who were part of the January sixth insurrection. He has already promised to party. I'm sure he's going to parton ruly Giuliani as well as so many others. I'm telling you, Bobby, to watch this unfold. I don't think I could write this in a book. I don't think the best Spise novels could have wrote written all of this in a book. Just like.
Speaker 2: This is the biggest, the biggest comeback going. Somebody that who was up the rear end was Nettnihahu, who actually fired his defense minister this week. I don't know what that's going to mean for us, if it's going to actually meet anything, but he would he congratulated on a Trump because they're there. There are two birds of a feather, And Zielinsky said that, you know, he could appreciate him coming ruling from a place of power. But he's probably I feel so as I said, I feel terrible for him because we're not going to get we're not going to get very far from him with him.
Speaker 4: I think, by my own personal opinion, how all this is unfolded, I think our country will be in turmoil for a year for I mean for I mean in despair for a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I heard as they were talking last night some of the talking heads I put Churnal five for me as ABC. So Chris Christy was on, Johnna Brazil, I adored Donna Brazil, Jonathan Carl there were a few others, and they were going back and forth and Chris said, you know, he's only if he wins, He's only going to be effective at best for two years. He said, you have to remember he's going in as a four is the four year president period. He doesn't get to run for another for another seat, you know, for another four years, so you get two years before you sort of become a lame duck. At that point, the GOP will change their direction, whether it'll be Vance we'll see how Vance does over the next two years, or or somebody else that they have in line and the attention will be taken off of him. Also, what happens in two years is we have the we already talked about it, We have the midterm elections, and we potentially could pick up seats and that could really make them ineffective. If we'll see what the number is in the end that the Senate wins by. If we picked up those seats and we dead locked them again.
Speaker 4: Then request needs some balls. They need some balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best way I can think of it. And I'm trying to think the words that I find that this new mega Republican party they're brutal, you know, like and I don't mean that in a nice way, but I find the Democrats sineless. Yeah, we don't have our messaging right.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna even say two years for him, Bobby, because we've watched his speeches, We've watched him babel and go left. Yeah forget. So I don't even know if he will make it a whole year, honestly, because.
Speaker 2: Jesus sliding off that cracker and he.
Speaker 4: May go completely rambo and the people around him will have to go taill him, whether they want to or not, because they'll see that it's going to cost too much detriment to the country.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with that, and I so we're gonna have to pay attention to a how Vance does so Vance we know Vance is a is a flip flopper, and he's a I'm kiss her because.
Speaker 4: Of hel I think he's a bottom could be.
Speaker 2: But we saw in twenty sixteen that he had called him, he called him America's hitler. He's also said I've been disparaging things. So the fact that I blame the two of them, Trump would have anybody, would you have anybody that that that spoke that way. He's so big about loyalty. I'm shocked that he had him in. And we'll see, you know, what he would do, how he'll do, and how well he'll do under Trump over the next two years. And we have to pay attention to the Secretary of State because if that did happen where they had to remove the president, the VP will come up and the Secretary of State will come up. So I hope one of those people is fairly we dances.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised that he'd picked Advance because he's Trump is so to me from the outside looking in the way that Trump likes his power. He likes to know that at one time you didn't like me, but now I got you kissed in my ring. I think he I think he gets off on that. I think he strokes the microphone as we watched him stroke. I think he strokes the microphone off of it.
Speaker 2: I felt really badly. I'm thinking, either Millennia isn't doing her job, or you know, he's hoping she will. Maybe he was giving her a few subliminal pointers. But I think of this, we have to accept the results. This is our democracy, that this is what our country is built on. We blamed the other side when they didn't accept in twenty twenty, but it made me sad because the ninth is the fall of the Berlin lall right, so that was the beginning of democracy and the and I just thought, look at the mess we're in. In thirty five years, we were so solid and now we're nothing but a big mess. I also don't like the idea of listening to Trump's the crazy talk. I was so happy to think that we wouldn't have to listen to that stupid rhetoric all the time. We will have that for four years. Whether he's effective or not.
Speaker 4: Oh, we a class every day. If it's anything indicative that first term, we will have a press conference every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he talks more than I do.
Speaker 4: Nobody talks more than you, Bobby Cliff.
Speaker 2: But I have something that I have something to say, and I don't. I usually don't forget where I'm coming.
Speaker 4: But he's a close number two. But nobody talks and you.
Speaker 2: Oh but that's all I mean, I don't. We just have to we have to work together. You know. Bernie Sanders was was bullshit. He came out and said that the Democrats have abandoned the had abandoned the working class for the past so many number years. It wasn't shocking that they abandon us. He was very angry over her losing and the way that everything was handsled.
Speaker 4: This is this is our.
Speaker 2: That's what he was saying, you know, like it's ours again. We don't have the messaging. We don't we're afraid to be in deference where the the Republicans, which has been super successful for them, they don't care who they run over, they don't care who they talk about, who they run over. You could be the best person. I mean, just listen to Trump. He hired them. They were wonderful you just heard in a press conference, and then the bombs three months later when he lets them go. They don't care. We sat in deference. We sat in deference to Joe. If Joe was truly in decline, as they said, from what we saw now people on his immediate staff, whether they didn't notice it, they said, what they saw at that debate is not what he's like. And I saw him just an hour later jarring with his people, and he wasn't. But things were there were there were reasons to be concerned, not over that day. As George Stephanoppolos said, he was concerned, in three years, would would he still be would he still be able to perform? And he probably wouldn't agree, Yeah, but we have to. He was That's what he was saying. He goes, I think he'll be fine for the first year or two. It's after that. I truly believe that. I think Joe had no intention of doing the full bet. I think he was going to give it to her. He was going to slide her in for two years and then let me run for another tell you two years.
Speaker 4: And I wish Joe would have did that a year ago. And I wish the Democrats would have had a plan when Joe won, because Joe was going to be this age in four years and they knew that, so what did they think. Of course, he was going to get older and slower, and you know, but they didn't have a plan he should. I wish Joe now and I was team Joe, and you know, but I wish you would have stepped down a year ago, made her the president, and then people would have seen her in this position because it was the unknown that scared people. Is she ready? Is she going to be able to do it? But if she was already there, set in that seat, doing the job, then it would it would have took away a lot of that fear of the unknown. But it didn't. I'm telling you about it. It was so many variables that we lost on this. And I'm going to say this about the trans community, of the community to the community I used to be part of. I'm still trans. I'm just not a part of their community, not the crazy ones. Anyway, when they started with all the whole I'm a more woman than a woman. A woman is just an x X chromosome, and this and that. The third and a woman is a social construct. I was like, y'all doing too much for the allies that we've always had effectively, then they started messing with the kids, and and then anybody could be trans now anyway, And you've seen these people on tiktoks and all these social medias with the wig on and beards and the hair on their chest. Well, I'm a woman, I fair is a woman. I'm going into the women's bathroom. I am a trans woman. I am also a parent of daughters. If I was at a public restroom and I saw somebody that looked like Donald Trump with a wig on, no makeup, no effort to try to look like walk into the women's bathroom, I'm going to have a problem with that, and I'm going to say something. And I am training, so I'm going, now, you can't be here in the bathroom with my daughter because it's it's just inappropriate. But they kept pushing the narrative because trands again is not on you, it's in you. I think that was a big push and it scared the hell out of people. It pushed people away, and they you, when they found out that it scared people, they used the trans narrative to weaponize it against us, to make people afraid of us.
Speaker 2: That in their reproductive light rights. You get the super religious, the evangelicals and et cetera. They already they already had to fight up against the reproductive rights because everybody that isn't super religious were for it. So they were. I mean, there were four states past measures to protect it, Arizona, Colorado, New York, and Maryland.
Speaker 4: So that was good.
Speaker 2: But I agree with you, these are they picked their they picked their messaging. He's stuck on brand, and we didn't. We the people were They were worried about their pocketbook, and they were worried about immigration. And we kept saying to them that the economy is great. It is great. It's great as far as not in the every day. But we bounced back from the pandemic faster than anybody else. We avoided a recession. We had that soft landing that we spoke about last week. Our money is coming the money is coming up, the costs are coming down, but it's going to take a long time. If they if they could have said, I understand they did in the end, I understand that you're concerned, but this is why the prices are up. You know, Joe Biden didn't say to you know, Hostess, raise all your cupcakes up. But he can only do so much. It's a world market. It's if we're willing to spend the money on those Hostess cupcakes, we will pay the buck fifty more. They're going to keep charging it. They would have, you know, there's a whole formula. I am not an economist, but if they explained it in layman's terms, maybe people would have understood. If they had said, we made mistakes on the border, but we're going to build on it, maybe people would have understood.
Speaker 4: And since the pandemic, price gallenging has become commonplace, it really has. It really has just become commonplace. With the price galleg people are raising prices excessively, ridiculously, and don't let it be a disaster. They go crazy with that because people seem to have no compassion for another human being. It's crazy by me. It's just, oh my god, it's out.
Speaker 2: Of control, and people are wondering what's going to happen to JD. Vance guys, JD fans, he didn't go anywhere. He was the governor, and he's going back to a state as the governor, he has two years on his seat. All that happened is his lieutenant governor slid over and she would have taken the seat had he had Kama been elected. She slid over while he stumped, you know, did all the stomping. So he just goes back to where he came from. He had a really successful twenty twenty three, getting a lot done. I don't know what it's going to be like for him going back there, you know, especially where they voted Republican.
Speaker 4: I think the Democrats should have had lions like childish cat ladies and should have been mean and nasty, because it looks like that's what America wanted. They wanted the most trifling, mean, nasty statements, the disrespectful that I don't care about it, and because that seemed to have won. It's so crazy that was just Let me just give an example that we just had a contest in the community in Atlanta recently, just this past weekend, and it didn't go the way people thought it was going to go. And the one girl had a gripe and she was on there doing her gripe and being negative and not necessarily negative, just expressing her point of view, she had eight hundred people. But if you go on LABE to talk about the importance of this election to vote, you'll get twenty people. The negative is winning. The hate, the bitterness, the anger is winning. The love is dust.
Speaker 2: People love, people love missing. I don't I mean, I don't mind talking about what's out because there are things that like the Diddy thing. We talked about that and we'll follow that is is because it does influence, It influences things in society. But I don't always like to talk about or I don't want to always just talk about nothing but stuff like that. I think, you know, there are other things that are important, and we have to remember, you know, justice or the way we feel in democracy, it doesn't end with the ballot box. It's something that we live every day. It lives in our hearts, it lives in how and we have to again brush ourselves off and keep moving. You know, the fight's not over. It will never be over until we figure it out. But we got to get smarter, We got to get we got to get a little dirty. We don't have to be the victory all has to stop. We don't have to do that, but we got to hit them. We gotta hit him at the knees. I'm going to be interested to see if Biden does anything over the next fourteen weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I would love to see Biden gold just Rogue and Ham and just really I don't know. I know what you say, Bobby, that he's his intergrity. I still don't like the fact that the way all of this has went down and he has to leave the office and Biden is almost like the forgotten man right now because people seem to have forgotten he as the president. I still would like for him to give I know he said he wouldn't, but I would like for him to pardon his son. I would if he does nothing else, and I wish he would do some other things. I would like to see him part in his son.
Speaker 2: He won't because he'll show favoritism. But I will tell you, as we just talked about them having a powow, I guarantee that they're sitting down Kamala and Joe and trying to figure out who they can pardon, what they can do, you know, can they make pot legal everywhere? Like, can they federally? What can they do by the executive order? People think it's a stroke of a pen. I think Trump thought that until he got in there. It's not like that. There are guardrails that are set up in our constitution that only give the presidency so much power. They don't want a dictator and they don't want a king. So but I bet you anything, he's trying to figure out what he can actually get done. Mitch McConnell. All of a sudden, Mitch mcconnald's talking about defense spending has to be up because it is cheaper to fund a war than to actually be in it. No shit, a Mitch, way you been, honey, did you have one of your frozen moments? Joe's trying to get money for Zelensky and oh no, you know they're busting horns on that, but you know, and telling how he's handling it wrong, Mike.
Speaker 4: Mitch McConnell been in poptickle mode.
Speaker 2: He's been frozen, he's been something. You know, his his his value is he's losing a little bit as well. I think this is the last term anyway. I think he said his seats might might be might be one of the midterm election seats. Stop working people, who do you want to see in there stack promoting them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Democrats, we have to have a plane. That is, that is we have to have a major strategic and stop talking about it. Move in silence, but move like a machine underground and make it happen. It is. It's crazy, Bobby.
Speaker 2: We have to be we have to be staff. Right now, we have one hundred and ninety two seats for the House. The Democrats do. Republicans have two to eight. But before you we had a lot of seats not counted, a lot of seats in a lot in democratic areas. You need two hundred and eighteen for control. So let's hope that we get fifteen seats. I would like to I would really like it to be much over. I'd like to see Hakeem Jeffreys in there doing something right now. We flip flopped, the dams lost four seats and the GOP picked up again four seats. We're like training right now. I'd like to see us hold a little something.
Speaker 4: And would I agree with you. I'd like to see Kim Jeffries. He has a cool level here and he speaks with an intelligence that Mike Johnson is a hot head and he is completely kissed the ring too. When you took Ramaswami's face out of that over position, Mike Johnson's face is right up in there.
Speaker 2: Other than they could news the seat. I would not be surprised if Mike Johnson would vie for something else, Secretary of State, something you know, with a little more power and a little more flash. I think King Jeffery is when the when the vitriol Marjorie Taylor Green and all her nonsense starts talking. I think, just like Nancy Pelosi, he will shut that ship down. I don't think he's gonna let it go on.
Speaker 4: Web Let me ask you a question when we have a listener fans listeners before we head out of here, do you think that she should have made a different choice for the vice presidential Canada depict Do you think you should have chosen Josh Shapiro that would have possibly got us Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: She went by a gut reaction. I can't it's tired to Monday morning quarterback. Why she did it. I don't know if they got along beautifully. I certainly I knew nothing about him. He's a lovely man, Josh Shapiro. I think I was surprised that they didn't go for a swing state or a battleground state that we were desperate for. To be cool, I have to be really honest with you, Josh Shapiro. I don't know if Josh Shapiro wanted wanted the seat she was going for more than like, I don't know if they would have butted head. I don't know what that would have been.
Speaker 4: Like, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she spoke with President Obama at all, because President Obama still will say, other than Michelle, one of the smartest things he ever did was pick Joe Biden. You know, he sat back, he looked who could give the Where was he weak? President Obama foreign policy was one of the places, and he picked someone based on that. So where we all, oh, go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, finished finish your statement?
Speaker 2: Where we only had one hundred and seven days. And I thought she ran a very solid campaign for one hundred and seven days. I think that her team as well should have been a little bit more strategic of knowing there were battleground states. Maybe one of those battleground states Michigan, right, we could have had. Although people would never have gone for two women.
Speaker 4: I only asked that question because watching how aggressive and Nazty, the Republicans were. Josh Shapiro plays their game. He plays the same way they played. That's right. So I thought that America would have respected her more if she had that bulldog by her side. Tim Walls is not that bulldog. Tim Walls is a nice the fluffy, but Shapiro is. He plays just like them, And I think that's what we're not doing. We're not getting I remember I said, you gotta get down in the dirt with them because they in the day.
Speaker 2: That's what we have to do. I to do that moving forward again. We don't have to be bashing people and saying terrible things about people. Just do the friggin work. Go in there, look at it, scope it out, and be stealth, be like a Navy seal on your belly, just smiling as you're passing them by, knocking each one of them off. That's what we have to do. But we don't do it an we're a bunch of pussies.
Speaker 4: I hope say Bobby said, y'all not mean.
Speaker 2: Trump can say it, and he's gonna be the sitting president. I certainly can say it to he was.
Speaker 4: Just don't let him, just don't let him grab you, as Bobby.
Speaker 2: Please, he'd need five hands, his milania is and maybe one of barons.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 4: Listen, we get with this, ladies and gentlemen. Whatever we are faced against, whatever we are, like Bobby staying, we are Americans, Americans, not a notoriously known for fighting. We're gonna stand up for ourselves. It's just hard when we're fighting our own people. We're not fighting other countries, We're not fighting some strangers. We are fighting our own people. So while he kept saying what what the what was he calling us the danger within? What did he say the enemy within? We? I'm not saying that he's our enemy, but I'm damn sure not saying he's in kahoots with us. Keep your head on the swivel, saying the words of T TJ and stay safe. We don't know what's going to happen, but we do know that we like why we said, we're in the democracy. We have to stand up ourselves. And most of us are living from paycheck to paycheck and just trying to survive. Elon Musk, who I'm damn sure sure he's going to put in a very high position on his cabinet said that we are going to face some very hard times. Temporary, temporary for us could be a year or two years, because temporary for him seems to be a day or two. So what you guys do is stay strong, stay diligent, listen to.
Speaker 2: You you have you.
Speaker 4: Get them interested in political science, Get them interested, because we gotta stop putting us on us to see to take to receive us, because we keep letting other people who don't think like us, who don't live like us, who don't understand our ups and downs because they are the super wealthy or the super privileged. They'll never understand what the regular Americans like they is like. They're never will.
Speaker 2: You know what makes me sad? I think of your kids, your kids ages exactly perfectly. They don't know what it was like with politics for you and I flame where we saw people working across the aisle, shaking hands, duking it out all day on the floor, going to get a drink, tip O'Neil, Joe Moakley. You know McCain and Biden, they don't know what they were gentlemen, You know they weren't. They weren't up calling people using the p word and the C word and and all that just nonsense, the swearing, the et cetera, et cetera. You know, our Sirish Laurel Hamilton had an expression, and this is what we have to do. We have to support each other and this is this a private fight or can anyone join? And that's what we have to do for each other. We have to be We love a fight, especially the Irish, we love a fight. You're going to fight for your friends. We've got to be on each other's shoulders, looking out for each other, and then we're going to get through this. It's, as Flame said, it's going to be a really tough first year because even in Washington, it's going to be horrible growing pains. He's the only valid for two years. We can do two years. We just did it. Flame and I have been together doing this for two years. For the love of God. We can do it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have to. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 4: I love you, Bobby, I appreciate you. Play Man. People out here on that and learn Land they're probably listen. We thank you. Thank you for doing your job. Thank you for voting, yep, thank you for listening. Thank you for encouraging, thank you for inspiring. We did our part, you did apart. Now we just got to stay in this together because a lot of us want to leave America. That sounds great, That sounds like you look, do you know how expensive that he is? Though honestly.
Speaker 2: Not really. Yeah, and it's not much better at other places. And you know what we sound like, We sound like sword losers because strangely enough, and this is the part that blows my mind, the other side was just as terrified that Kamala would get in as we were for Trump. You know, so somebody has to It's democracy, this is what we were fighting for. She did. She did a peaceful handover and a transition of power the way it should have been the last time. I'm back with with although I want to, I want to slightly change, and I'm back with Michelle Obama. When they go low, we can go high. Just you know you're gonna be a little dirtier than that, though. Just keep moving, you know, don't don't turn your other cheek. Just keep it going and support the people that have a issues, because depression right now is real thing.
Speaker 4: We have a whole America and we have a whole country of America. And I'm telling you, the realization of me knowing how popular he was amongst the other side was when I went to Big Salem, Pennsylvania. Because we only see what we want. If we don't want them, we don't want them. But when I went to Ben Salem and I saw all those shrimp sounds, I talked to you guys about this on here on laugh and learn. I knew then, Oh my god, for all of us, for as much as us that don't want him, there's a whole other side that does want him. And they came out here, they came out heavy. So listen, here are laugh alarned. We're not trying to get you to change your man. We are only trying to get you to use your man because why Bobby.
Speaker 2: Because your mind and your vote or a terrible thing to waste. So keep up the good fight, everybody, and.
Speaker 4: We will see you guys next week. It's not the end of the world, but it's just it's just a dark day in America. But it's definitely not the end of the world. And so don't take it. And if you guys are feeling too much anxiety and will please talk to somebody professional to just get the relieve off of you. But remember again, you have no There's a prayer. There's a saying that they say at the AA meetings. It's a serenity prayer. Remember. I think it's God.
Speaker 2: Brand me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things that I can, and to have the wisdom to know the difference. I'm a mix. We have a bunch of drunks.
Speaker 4: I know, okay, well, and that's what you guys need to understand that that's the only way you're going to find peace because you have no control over what has happened. It is a done deal and we just have to stay Americans and stay strong. This is Flame Monroe. You can follow me on all social media platforms at Flame Monroe and Bobby where can they follow you at?
Speaker 2: They can find follow me at Bobby Clifford on Facebook and Clifford Bobby on Instagram and I think I'm Bobby Clifford on TikTok of the Road. Use it much. Something I want to remind us from from September because it's suicide prevention month in September. The number nine nine eight. If you feel that you're you don't have somebody that's around you that you can speak to. You can call nine nine eight and that is staffed twenty four to seven if you need help.
Speaker 4: Ooh girl, that sounded like my condo. Okay, okay, Thank you guys so much for joining us. Thank you to our producer mister Aaron, and we will see you guys on next week. Stay strong, stay safe, Stay American, Pete. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn,