Speaker 1: Second date up dated? How soon is too soon to ask someone to move in with you?
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's a huge question.
Speaker 1: It is the first twenty minutes of a date too early.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go out on a limb there, Jeff and say yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Wow, Judge, Okay, Okay. That has nothing to do with our listener Corey in his date. It's just a personal question that I've been having for myself. But I'm curious to your horra's thoughts on it. Corey. And your opinion is twenty minutes too early to hand someone the key to your apartment? Yeah, just trying to get an idea of the type of dater or you. Are you a snails paced type of guy or jumping to love quickly? Feel like he's twenty four minutes? Okay? Yeah, you like to play it medium, gotcha? But uh, tell us about the date that you went on recently? Who's the girl you met?
Speaker 4: I met a girl named Melanie, Okay, and honestly, she's like the prettiest girl I've ever gone out with. I don't know, and dating is hard, yeah a lot. I don't meet people easy. So I tried these apps, and I think most of them don't work. But I did get to talking to Melanie, and she has curly blonde hair, and she's like the perfect height, what is.
Speaker 2: The perfect tight? I'm just curious for you.
Speaker 1: Different for everyone, you know, like five three, Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: And I really liked that she didn't have fake eyelashes. I just like a girl to be like her natural self, to ask her if she's.
Speaker 1: Getting highlights, because no, let's just physical stuff. Tell us about the date that you went on. Where did you take her?
Speaker 4: Well? I found a neat place to go to dinners because I thought we'd had some good food and talk and I thought everything had gone well. And then I got uncomfortable. I wasn't sure, so I googled, like, how do you know if you had perfect date?
Speaker 2: Is this after we dealt with the date when you're googling.
Speaker 1: Or you're googling this at the table, like the next day, okay, the next day, you were unsure how it really went.
Speaker 4: So there were four questions and I went through them. So like the first one says was I comfortable? And and I was like, I had a really good chair, so I was physically comfortable.
Speaker 1: What that means.
Speaker 2: I think comfortable sharing right and being yourself.
Speaker 4: I would say, yes, I was not ten. And then the next one is did I laugh? And I mean I never had like the huge Big Bang Theory kind of laugh, but I chuckle.
Speaker 1: You laughed big at the Big Bang Theory. Huh oh yeah, ok yeah, yeah, I don't know now that you say that, I don't think that you've laughed with us once. No, I just don't think we're funny. But you did laugh with her at all?
Speaker 2: He giggled.
Speaker 4: I yeah I did, and so I think that's a pass. I go check mark on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's next?
Speaker 4: And then it's did she ask me any questions?
Speaker 2: Uh? Huh?
Speaker 4: So she did? Like I ordered chicken with no onions and she was like, wow, so you really don't like onions, And like, I mean she asked me other stuff too.
Speaker 1: It's deep. She wants to get to know you.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a big conversation.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't answer those questions on the first date. Okay? Is that the whole list?
Speaker 4: Well, and then the very last one was after the date, do you feel excited? And it' said excited means you want to sing a bop or dance or you call a friend and I did celtics excited. But then tomorrow came and uh, and she's not texting me back. I'm like, I'm excited, but maybe she isn't. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you sound like a pretty analytical guy. Were you able to come off you think as natural and show off like some personality.
Speaker 2: On the date?
Speaker 4: I mean, like, what do you how would you do that? Like? What do you mean? No?
Speaker 3: Did you like talk about your interests or make jokes? Were you self deprecating it all?
Speaker 1: Did you bring any like flair to the date, like something a little bit out of the box. I maybe tried the disappearing finger trick on her.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, that's flair.
Speaker 4: Well, we just had dinner. There was no fingers thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, the fingers.
Speaker 2: Chicken with no onions. Is that not flair enough?
Speaker 1: He does the hand motion and she's like, what where did your finger go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My goodness, that sparks something. So how long has it been since you and Melanie went on that date?
Speaker 4: It's been like five days?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? And no response at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe she didn't feel as excited as I did.
Speaker 2: Maybe man, Brook is yawning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brook can't stand to be on the phone. You can't see me. Let anyway you can tell Brooke is really invested in this. When we come back, we're gonna call Melanie.
Speaker 2: Not you, man. It's just early, that's all.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do our best for you, I promise when we try and get your second date update right after this. Okay, okay, thing anyone listening to me second date update.
Speaker 3: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 1: If only our man Corey would have brought his checklist along on the date with him instead of waiting until afterwards to do it.
Speaker 2: That would be a good idea job.
Speaker 1: Well, then maybe they could have checked each other's boxes together.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's a box checker too.
Speaker 1: Could be because Corey says he doesn't date a lot, but he managed to lock down a dinner with a woman named Melanie. Yeah that's the mel Yep, Yeah, got confused for a second. But the thing about Melanie is she's our natural no fake eyelashes and the perfect tight of foot three. He couldn't think of any missteps or mistakes or missed opportunities that happened during the date. The only miss is him missing her after it's all over. So we're going to try and reconnect them here in just a second. Corey, how you feeling?
Speaker 4: Oh nervous?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We concentrate it a lot on her like physical appearance. What did you like about her personality?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean she's kind and she's nice, and I like that about her.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 1: Don't force Brooke to make you find things about her personality that you will if you like her for her looks. That's totally accepted.
Speaker 3: We're calling this person. It's good to know we're calling a kind, nice person.
Speaker 1: We're all going to put on our best, kind nice faces for this phone call and try and get you a second day.
Speaker 4: You ready, I think? So?
Speaker 2: All right? You got this, buddy?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Melanie?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hey Melanie? What's up? You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: By Hey, Melanie, how you doing show?
Speaker 5: Okay? Okay, I know, Oh wait, what do you know? Oh my gosh, you can't believe you guys are calling me. I don't really know what's happening, but I did recent me a text wait from minutes ago from Corey.
Speaker 1: He texted what what?
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 5: He kind of just like warned me that no, you guys were going to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait wait wait wait wait, you just ruined it. That's the whole point.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: But that might be good for her. That shows that he cares about you.
Speaker 3: And what did not like surprise you with these types of.
Speaker 1: Supposed to give her a heads up.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on. I just he just told me, you guys are gonna call me.
Speaker 4: So okay, Okay, that's all.
Speaker 1: So what we're doing here is called a second date update. That's where we try and help listeners who've been out on a date to figure out the reason why they're not getting a second meet up.
Speaker 2: He said, you haven't texted them back.
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So that's okay.
Speaker 1: You're allowed to not call someone back. But it would help him if he could get a reason or figure out if something was wrong about the date because he's just unsure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay. So we were talking about TV and he got really really excited about a TV show and I'm not even remembering what it was, because I don't even know what it's all. And then he just said, Helen Hunt is so unappreciated.
Speaker 3: And haven't I thought you were going to say Big Bang Theory? Because he brought up with us that he was a fan of Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 1: Helen Hunt.
Speaker 2: Do you remember her?
Speaker 3: She was like a nineties actress that was in a bunch of sitcoms.
Speaker 5: You cannot bring Big Bank Theory up. He brought a TV show I've never heard of, got very intense and animated. He got very very excited about it. You just hands a lot, But.
Speaker 3: Don't you kind of like hi, when people dork out over things that they like, you know, he just he finally found something to show you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fun, It wasn't that. I honestly, I like a little bit more reserved men.
Speaker 2: I just do okay. So he was too excited.
Speaker 1: When we talked to him. He did not seem super high energy a favorite TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: It's too excitable.
Speaker 1: He's too excited about Well, let's put that into the test because I gotta let you know, Melanie that Corey is actually on the other line listening right now, and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's how this works. That is wild, Corey. What do you think about what she said? That you're too much for her, You're too animated.
Speaker 2: I am still in shocked.
Speaker 4: I don't understand. Honestly, I was just trying to be nice and I thought I was probably boring. I probably wasn't exciting him at all.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he said it.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say it, but like after your review of the date, that's what it sounded like to me too, even waiting to say that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Broke.
Speaker 1: Apparently you were wrong. Apparently he was way over the top exciting.
Speaker 4: This is confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you can help clear it up for him, Melanie, because I don't think it's matching with what you said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you you are so nice. It was just a little too much for me. And that's it. I mean, look you right now, I mean, you put me on the radio extreme.
Speaker 4: I can tone it back if you want. Yeah, I would like to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just hear how he said that you'll be asleep if you tone it back anymore.
Speaker 4: I mean, I get it. I can get excited about things, but not to date.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you know what you're telling us a little crazy, So just suddle yourself a little.
Speaker 1: Wait you're saying right now, he's sounding crazy.
Speaker 5: Getting a little looked up. I can kind of hear it in his voice.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe Corey, can you tone it down a little bit when you talk to her? Here happened?
Speaker 4: Okay, I've been told that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think this isn't the first.
Speaker 1: Time I tell you that.
Speaker 4: This is why dating so hard. You never know what people want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is shocking. I mean, I will say, Melanie.
Speaker 3: In Corey's defense, he's listening to you, he's taking in what you're he's not he's not even upset about what you said.
Speaker 5: I get that. I just for my personal preference, I just like don't want to be with somebody that's that animated and like so out of control like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's something that Corey can work on. He can take some classes or something.
Speaker 2: Before the date.
Speaker 1: He makes it sound like a cartoon care Corey, can can you talk to her in a calm, controlled manner to prove to her that you're the man she wants you to be.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure I agree with what you said. I don't know that I need to be on medication or here you're.
Speaker 2: Pushing back against No, I was joking. That was me, Corey. I was joking about being sedated.
Speaker 1: Well, now's your chance, Corey to talk to Melanie a little improved, to her that you're the right guy.
Speaker 4: Melanie would be a little quieter. I just think you're really pretty to you.
Speaker 1: Hear that, Melody?
Speaker 5: That's so sweet.
Speaker 1: What other calm things would you like to say to her?
Speaker 4: Okay? Can we try this again?
Speaker 1: Are you feeling the growth here already? Melanie? I think we're taking steps towards a calmer, more even keel version of Corey here.
Speaker 5: Well, I know that's what you're hearing, but you guys, that's not what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's still too intense for you.
Speaker 2: How are you meeting men that are more calm than this? I know I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is my truth and I'm living in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, keep your judgments over. There's fascinating, Melanie. We all respect you and what you want for yourself, that's totally up to you. But we would love to send you out on another date with Corey on our dime. If you're up for it. If not, that's okay pretty please.
Speaker 5: You know, if they just get us off this air, we can try, we can try again.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to be excited for you, Corey, but I feel like that would backfire against us. So this is good.
Speaker 4: Hooray, don't there.
Speaker 1: Let's let's try it a little try, a little lighter, Corey.
Speaker 4: Hooray.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Corey, you're now finally ready to date a real woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is what would happen if MPR did second dates.
Speaker 5: I know, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: That call happened months ago, And despite all of the skeptics and all of the doubters, Corey and Melanie are both back today to give us a second date up date update.
Speaker 2: Please tell it with skydiving.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 5: You too, Hi guys?
Speaker 2: Hey, was that a little too much for ye?
Speaker 1: Corey? Are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? Hello, Okay Corey?
Speaker 1: What's going on? And why'd you guys email us for an update?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 5: We just trying to let you guys know that it's going good.
Speaker 2: Okay, updates? So wait, you're dating dating?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And after hearing the second date up big back from the radio. Yeah, yeah, I did. I do realize I was being kind of extra okay, a little needy on the I want him to be himself. I don't want him to be weird. I don't want to control him, you know.
Speaker 2: Funny, he hasn't said anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, can I say something? Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You don't have to ask me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I just it's nice and I feel like I'm finding my voice and uh yeah, it's greatship.
Speaker 1: Corey.
Speaker 4: I mean the answer is basically yes, but you know it's it's nice because I'm feeling like I can really be myself.
Speaker 1: As long as Melanie allows it. Yeah, I do think. I will say a lot of people listening were definitely skeptical that this relationship would work out between you two. Honestly, even us in the room, we're a little bit skeptical about it.
Speaker 5: Well, honestly, I just want you guys to know that he is really amazing and I wanted to thank you guys, especially for convincing me to keep it going and making it work.
Speaker 2: So that's good. Happy and Corey are you happy?
Speaker 1: Are you happy to be strong armed into this relationship?
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm a rock star, right.
Speaker 1: That's a good feeling. Okay. Well, best of lucky to keep us updated on your blossoming relationship. Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know that Big Bang Theory show is actually pretty good. So I just wanted to let
Speaker 1: You get Okay, yeah, Coy, you Rockstar's rookie Jeffrey in the Morning.