Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe, Ketty Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yeddy Oh Foreman connected. I think he hurt. Joe Fraser down, Goes Frasier, down, Goes Frasia down, Goes Fraser. Foreman is all over. Joe Fraser, Frasier is down again. J Dundea is screaming, stopping. It is over. It is over in the second round.
Speaker 2: George Foreman becoming heavyweight champion of the world back in what year was that seventy three something like that, something like that, Yeah, and Howard Cosell making the call. George Foreman died over the weekend. The reason we're playing that if you don't know boxing, you know him from the grill. The George Foreman grill turned it into a gazillion dollar empire.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna ask Michael to repeat his touching and thorough What do you call it biography? No, it's an autography. No, when you guys ulig, no, that's not it either. Anyway, you're you're touching. Preview tribute to George Foreman, Michael Great Boxer and a better grilled salesman. Yeah, he's looking at me like, what are you talking at? What you want to hear? Click twelve? Sure it's really good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine, I said, jeege, you're making all these other companies wealthy. Why don't you get your own product? And we looked around and found the grill. No one wanted to be bothered with it at all. They had names for it, joked for it, and the grease really rolled off, and they still tender. I hated it. I said, boy, let's do it. But I never expected it to be so successful. And then all of a sudden, the checks just started rolling in. This thing sold over one hundred million.
Speaker 1: He told obituary. That's the world is a hundred million. George Forman grills.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know, such an interesting guy making seventy six is that right? Having made your living getting punched in the head for a number of years is pretty impressive. But he had such a cheerful attitude about life once he made the Christian turn. Before that, he did not.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever watched the documentary When We Were Kings, which won an Oscar Fantastic Movie. If you like the whole thing. It's all about Foreman and Ali and that particular fight. But George Foreman was a bad person and an angry person with never a smile on his face up until the point that he found Jesus in a locker room and became a completely different human being, which is its own amazing story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, indeed. Yeah. Boy, if you're old enough to remember the heyday of boxing in the early seventies, when it was Foreman, Nali and Frasier trading the crown back and forth and just great fights. Remember because when George Foreman knocked up George Joe Fraser there to become the heavyweight champion of the world, it was such a big deal at that time. I remember asking my mom before I left the house to get on the bus one more time, what is the name? Because I needed to know the name of who the new heavyweight champion of the world was to be. You know, part of the cool crowd is like an eight year old or whatever, because that's just something you had to know. Can you imagine that these no, no, no, my kids, you got to know mister Beast's latest count just to giveaway, right, A couple of Chris Foreman could have whooped mister Beast's ass, by.
Speaker 2: The way, even in his forties, because George Foreman came back and won the heavyweight title again when he was forty four or something like fairly.
Speaker 1: Sad fight, as I recall, and he took a lot of punches.
Speaker 2: So a couple of things I want to get to later that have nothing to do with politics before I launch into this political pulling. I listened to a podcast about from an astrophysicist about life and space and that sort of stuff that was so flippant interesting, and I learned a bunch of things I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that later. And then this.
Speaker 2: A person I know, Boy, I gotta be really vague. I don't want to get them in trouble because this is not particularly cool. I got a bunch of screen captures of a group conversation online from women who are using AI as therapists, and particularly advice on how to talk to their husband about various things like in an argument like, HEYI my husband said this, what should I say? And then the AI lays it out for him, and then they go tell their husband that now is.
Speaker 1: This a good thing or a bad thing?
Speaker 2: Or a weird thing, because to me, obviously the weird thing is what if your husband's asking AI it's powder respond of this, and it's really just two computers talking each other, and you're like barely.
Speaker 1: Fall I don't know. It's like you're watching the show or reading a column, an advice column, and you kind of recognize yourself. Then it's all about the you know, the output. How's the advice? Well, who knows? Who knows? Well? You look at some of the hallucinations the AI has these days, or inventing court cases. I guess that is a hallucination or or my god, some of the stories we've heard about teenagers who have had quote unquote relationships with some AI somewhere that's like told them, you know, some teams your age cut themselves to show people that they're not happy. So, I mean the women terrible advice.
Speaker 2: These women are talking about the great comfort they get, you know, and they have had a rough day to talk to their AI therapist and it just feels like, you know, the AI really listens and.
Speaker 1: And that's what they like talking.
Speaker 2: I think we're going down a really weird fricking road. Man, Yeah, happened to an extent. I didn't realize that's what That's what I got from reading all these messages. It's already going on. It's I've been presenting it as you know, in the future. People might no, no, no, it's already happening way more than I realized. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, these are like very regular assault of the earth, normal people type people.
Speaker 1: Not this isn't yeah weirdos and work at a university or something. Yeah. I'm fully on board and pretty aware of how sideways this sort of thing can go these days. Especially at the same time though, I mean, I'm picturing like I'll just use my wife, who's who's retired at this point, but and and living off of my large ass the way anyway, like a lifestyle to which she's become accustomed. Do you think it's okay that she's living off my large s ai? So anyway, But you know, there may have been a time or two in her past where she had a really challenging coworker, for instance, I mean just kind of a pain in the arse, and would come home and she'd ask her ai oh ai advice column thingy counselor deally my coworkers, you know, very bitchy and negative all the time, and blah blah blah. How should I deal with it? I could see getting some decent advice about how to navigate through that sort of thing. I am not okay with this at all.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you are, and maybe you're right, but I am not okay with this at all. Taking out the human element. I just think it's awful.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hang on now, hang on. I say, there are books, there are magazine written by people. Well, AI is written by people. It's just chaitterizing those people without paying them. Well it can be.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's theoretically synthesizing everything it has read into a coherent answer.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's without danger. I just don't think it's automatically bad.
Speaker 2: So, well, this is what the AI told one person. For instance, you're used to managing his emotions, and now that he's upset or at least quiet, it's triggering your guilt.
Speaker 1: But you're right.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't feel guilty. You didn't do anything wrong. You were thoughtful in your message, and it's okay to want to date yourself after explaining to the AI what went on.
Speaker 1: I just find this very weird. That's getting pretty specific.
Speaker 2: If he chooses to be upset, that's on him. You're allowed to take care of yourself, even if it doesn't matches unspoken xps.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's getting very very specific. Okay, it's not you know, some people have negative energy and it's best to see her around them. I mean, that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's like, in this situation which you have described, you're the good guy, he's the ahle oh boy, which is well, it fits in with therapy. That's what therapists do almost always. That's why, like ninety percent of therapy is worthless. That's what a therapy does. They co sign your bs a therapist. Most of the time, you're you're a write and down trodden and they are awful human beings and need to adjust to you.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you get almost always from therapy.
Speaker 2: So it's not surprising that AI therapy would be feeding people that. But it's just I don't know the companionship, the the the leaning on the chat bought for these conversations, and at some point you're gonna stop talking to.
Speaker 1: Your friends about it. You can only talk to the computer about it. That's the problem. It's the as opposed to talking to a friend, calling your mom, you know, talking it out with your husband, trying to you know. Yeah, yeah, you're right. I'm on board. It's evil. It's horrifying. We should be terrified.
Speaker 2: I don't know if evil's the right word. But and like I said, it's already happening. I've got many, many examples that I was given by someone who just wanted to let me know, this is how much it's happening, like in my friend group already.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, yeah, you're right. Evil implies intent. I just think it's corrosive. Oh so corrosive. Yeah, the tentacles of.
Speaker 2: Especially if AI is going to lean toward you know, you're the victim. You definitely want that more than maybe if you talk to a friend and says, I don't know, it sounds like he's got a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I as you know, I think of myself as an optimistic cynic. I don't I'm a cynical. I'm a nihilist cynic. Wow. Wow, how pleasant to be around. I would I need to see a serious inflection point or I do believe humanity is on the path to giant drops in population, huge change in the trajectory of human occupation of the earth. We are not getting together with our friends, we are not getting together with lovers, we are not making babies, we are not forming families. AI could be about to put a zillion piece a lot of work, or reduce, certainly the need for them to be around. I just it.
Speaker 2: Feels very, very funky to me. Very many teenage sea changes. How many teenage girls. Teenage boys too, but girls more prone to this than boys. I think are gonna type into the AI chat. Bought it that my mom told me I can't this, do this and that. What do you think I think your mom is being overly protective? Yeah, yeah, well ye eh. No country for old men, glad. I'm i I wish I was eighty. I wish I was on death's door. I don't think I can handle the modern world.
Speaker 1: Michael. When mankind dies out, what do you think I've always tended to think it'll be a planet of the beavers, the apes in second place, in spite of their better pr A planet of the apes and maybe the ants. What's your your pick? I'm gonna go with the beavers. Well, you like beavers. They're hardworking, they're industrious.
Speaker 2: A non fun, real life, cynical nihilist answer is who will take over is the people that populate third world countries who aren't doing all this crap and are having kids like crazy and are probably fundamentalist Muslims.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, that's exactly right. I never prefer the beavers, Frank, I never got.
Speaker 2: The political polling, which is really really good, among other things.
Speaker 1: On the way, stay here art the President of the United States, Donald Trump in attendance tonight at the Wells Fargo Center.
Speaker 2: So that's at the NCAA wrestling finals that Donald Trump showed up to watch and uh, crowd.
Speaker 1: Pretty excited for him to be there. It would sing, I would say, you know those those audio tapes you sometimes hear the president was booed and you hear kind of said boos and a lot of cheers. Is up.
Speaker 2: No, that was unequivocal in my lifetime in modern politics. The only people that have ever gotten chance like that Barack Obama, Bernie and Trump. No, never anything close to that from anybody else. Bernie on the concert circuit right now drawing huge crowds.
Speaker 1: More on that to come for Nard Sanders.
Speaker 2: So this guy Bill mcinturf he's the head polster for NBC in Wall Street Journal, which team up for whatever reason for polling.
Speaker 1: I'm not exactly sure what that's all about. Anyway.
Speaker 2: This is like his internal on polling that Mark Alprin put out today. In less than twenty slides, we cover the following major storylines. Bill mcinturf, Right, you don't see this every day. What the first slides have in common is how unique they are with the surgeon right direction. It's the first time the right direction is over forty percent and one hundred and forty seven months, So that's fourteen one hundred and twenty would be ten years, and then he got another twenty seven months for a couple more years. So that's a long long time since right direction has been over forty percent.
Speaker 1: Wowow and.
Speaker 2: Historic drop in the ratings of the Democratic Party. So we had that last week in other polling. But NBC's polling has the same thing.
Speaker 1: As Carl ro pointed out, the Republicans are not exactly on Super Night ground polling wise either, but you know, clearly have the edge over the beleaguered, hated Democrats.
Speaker 2: The survey finds President Trump matching or exceeding any previous positive rating for his job approval, personal rating, and the percentage of voters saying they identify as MAGA supporters.
Speaker 1: He is still the high water mark in all of those. Well, no, no, I know. I've heard that the tariffs are terrifying everybody, and he just announced that he's tightened those up. By the way, they're not going to be as brought. And everybody's afraid of the economy. And these deportations are crazy, and the doge is out of control. That's what I heard. Yeah, well, I'll get to that in just a second.
Speaker 2: These positive changes basically are because Trump enjoys exceptionally strong ratings among Republicans and his political base. A majority of voters approve of President Trump's job handling of water, security and immigration, so he's above water on that. Conversely, President Trump's job rating on the economy is the lowest he's ever had, So it's interesting that his economic numbers are so low, yet he has his highest approval personal popularity, et cetera, et cetera he's ever had. It reminds me of Barack Obama, you know, speaking of crowds cheering. When you get into the whole culture personality thing. I mean, after Obama had been president for a while, there were a number issues that he did not pull very well on, but his overall number stayed high, and I could see Trump being like that.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, absolutely, And I've long maintained if he can avoid being too quick and haphazard with the economic stuff, that gives us a hell of a lot more time in leeway to do the really important, you know, other things that our priorities, including cleaning up the universities. More to come on that.
Speaker 2: Between a plurality and a majority of voters say President Trump is making quote the right kind of change rather than the wrong kind of change on seven different policy areas, the consistent forty plus saying the right kind of change once again represents a hardened Trump political base.
Speaker 1: I think when you have one hundred and forty seven consecutive months of wrong track and then somebody offers actual, substantive change as opposed to lip service and no actual change, which has made all of us very cynical about those promises, Yeah, you're going to have a hell of a lot of people say, hey, let's give it a try, let's see what happens. That's what these pull numbers feel like to me.
Speaker 2: And then on this since it's such a hot topic and he gets covered negatively in the news all day every day, a plurality of voters say Doge is a good idea. More tellingly, more than sixty percent of voters say Doge should continue either continue as is or slow down, but continue.
Speaker 1: So pretty solid ground on Doge. Still the epicenter of the woke mind virus. Our universities are finally getting cleaned up. The details coming up in a moment to stay with us, Armstrong and Getty ribbling up, big step down the lane runner for the win back in Maryland is won. Maryland is going to the Sweet sixteen. That was an exciting game.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the game, but I just saw the last three minutes on a YouTube video. It went it was like the game winning shot like five times.
Speaker 1: In a row is one of those.
Speaker 2: It was one of the it makes the three pointer and you thought the game was over, but then there's a couple seconds left and the other team makes it, and then there's a foul on the time out, and then another one, and it just kept going back and forth, like five times in the last minute.
Speaker 1: Very exciting. It's very gracious of me to call for that clip. Jack is my fighting in a line. I lost in a humiliating defeat to the hated Kentuckians last night. Hated can't they turned the but oh Kentuckians with their weird Kentucky ways. You know what turnovers equal? Jack, You know what they equal? They equal a loss. You protect the rock or you lose. They fail to and they lost some good advice right now, I don't have that stay up watching games anyway. So speaking of colleges, if you're familiar with the show, you understand that we believe firmly because it's one hundred percent correct that the real I'm trying to steer clear of my infection metaphor because it's disgusting. How about we say the where the rebel alliance is strongest, the and not the good rebel alliance from Star Wars, the bad ones, the evildoers, Where they're clustered most densely, Where the power of the woke mind virus is strongest, and where it radiates outward from is education in the country, especially the colleges and universities. But elementary education is terrible to anyway. So if we are going to get rid of, or at least weaken the neo Marxism that the woke thing represents, because remember, friends, it's all about overthrowing Western civilization. Has a dozen different excuses of why you have to because the patriarchy, because of transphobia, because of you know, racism, systemic racism, blah blah blah blah blah blah. It's all about overthrowing Western civilization. But anyway, so the Trump administration is coming hard for that sort of thing. And you probably heard that they threatened to yank four hundred million dollars of funding away from Columbia, which might be the you know, the the center of the center of this sort of thing, along with Coavid.
Speaker 2: And the fact that Columbia relented on a couple of things. The coverage of this over the weekend has been from like op eds in the New York Times of a dark day for freedom of speech and universities and how a hilarious freedom has been attacked and how we all should shudder of the chill wind that is blowing with the evil Trump people putting their finger on the scale in college kid versus.
Speaker 1: Thanks for sharing your opinion, Thanks versus.
Speaker 2: After the Biden administration allowing gazillions of taxpayer dollars to go to these universities where they have Jews shouldn't be allowed on campus festivals.
Speaker 1: And saying nothing about it. For the preaching hatred of the United States and its constitution.
Speaker 2: If you can, finally somebody did something. So here's what happened.
Speaker 1: First, I was going to lead with this the headline Wall Street Journal University sprint from we will not cower to appeasing Trump with much of their funding at stake schools or quietly hiring lobbyists and reaching out to politicians amid Washington's quest to reign in academia. And they give a bunch of examples. University of Michigan presidents sat down for breakfast with a group of lawmakers from his home state, and the message was clear. The school was ready to play ball with Trump's Washington. It's time for universities to wake up and start addressing the reasons why they've lost so much trust. President Ono told the bipartisan group at a hotel conference room. Aha added that universities should listen to their most vocal critics. Well, that is refreshing. Then they mentioned Columbia university they named zech Stanford and Duke and wake Forest and Harvard and Vanderbilt, who have all hired lobbyists to put in a good word in Washington, d C. So yeah, here's why coming up. Yeah, there is.
Speaker 2: Some belief some people have written that this gave various university administrations that covered they needed to do what they wanted to do and blamed only where I was going, blamed on Trump so that they don't get attacked by their own students. I don't know how much I believe that or not, or if a lot of those universities they were in more agreement with the students than Trump.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I think it probably varies case by case, president by president. As we were saying last week, they have created a monster, I'd say universities collectively, they have created a monster of a faculty and student body that is so wildly radical left that they are terrified of them. University presidents, and I think some of them are thinking, oh God, yes, thank you, you gave me covered to ring in these maniacs.
Speaker 2: It's like if you let your kids run the show in your house. I mean, at some point when you put that down, there's gonna be great resistance. They've done that. It's these college campuses. I mean, just none of us have been able to understand why you just don't when the students demand something, say yeah, good for you, get back to class, get out of my room, my office, or you're demanding something. You don't demand anything. You pay, you come here, you take classes, you leave with the degree. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: I don't know right demanding Wow, the Armstrong doctrine. Folks, you just heard it, simple, effective, love it. So here's what happened on Friday. And this is no accident that Columbia made this announcement Friday after noon, where you know, unpopular news goes to die. Columbia agreed on Friday to overhaul its protest policies, its security practices in its Middle Eastern Studies department, in what The New York Times called a remarkable concession of the Trump administration, which you refused to could consider restoring, which has refused to consider restoring four hundred million dollars in federal funds. Without major changes.
Speaker 2: The agreement would stunned and dismayed many many members of the faculty.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it did. They were running the place could signal a new stage in the universities, escalating clash with elite universities and colleges. And they named Jack Harvard, Stanford, University of Michigan and others facing similar threats and probably making similar moves. Now, I thought this might be instructive. Go ahead, got it by way.
Speaker 2: I hope they realize that this was so good for their graduates, who are going to go out into the world with Columbia University on the resume, and this gives them some chance that the employer they run into will think, Okay, it's not as crazy as it used to be, because otherwise there's no way I would hire somebody from Columbia, right who graduated Columbia recently?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'd run in the other direction. Yeah, unless they proved that they were not, you know, woke mind virus captured. I think we're back to the university president's case by case. I think some of them Jack are absolutely thinking that, thinking that, Oh thank god. It's because I tell you what I'm hearing from all of my friends on Wall Street or you know, in business around the country that they're terrified of our graduates, not attracted to them, but some again are so captured or part of it that they don't care. So here I want to illustrate. Here are these shocking, disillusioning concession that Columbia University made, which has the New York Times all in a lather. Uh oh, many in academia calling this an actor surrender. Many of the steps Colombia is promising should have been made long ago in its own best interests. Restricting masks during protests means rule breakers will have to take responsibility for their actions. Oh no, could disagree with that. Clear rules clearly enforced about time, place, and manner. Restrictions on campus speech will raise the cost for those who want to block speakers they dislike. Oh no, ending the Heckler's veto at a college. What a terrible thing to do at sarcasm for those are just waking up. The school will also incorporate into the formal policy. Listen to this incredible concession Columbia has been beaten into taking. They will incorporate into formal policy the definition of anti Semitism recommended by their own Anti Semitism task Force, and it will adopt the so called institutional neutrality institution wide that means the school itself and its departments won't take sides on political controversies of the day. Now, that principle, which is associated with the University of Chicago, well, it used to be associated with universities everywhere all the time, because, pardon me, that's what they're effing's supposed to be doing, teaching kids how to think, not what to think, and so dragging them back even a couple of feet towards sanity is seen as outrageous in a lot of the college campuses. And of course they mentioned in the Wall Street General the editorial board, and they're quite correct. The test will be whether it's enforced throughout the institutions or all of these reforms will be controversial only among those who think a university as an ivory foxhole. Oh that's a great phrase. Who wrote that the board an ivory fox hole? Love? That is an ivory.
Speaker 2: Fox hole from which to launch political movements or indoctrinate students.
Speaker 1: All perfectly reasonable. I love this. I love this.
Speaker 2: Oh one more note, Wow, I hadn't looked into it this much. That's what they're describing as some sort of unholy surrender to maga.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, those are the main Uh, you know it changes now they want some sort of audit of the Middle Eastern Studies Department because it's so flamingly anti Semitic. You know, that's the devil's in the details there. Sure, of course we'll have to see how that plays out, but in the main, it's wonderful. One more note, and this is the part that you definitely want to know. What do you and your tax dollars have to do with all of this? A lot, as it turns out, speaking a dollars well spent or foolishly spent. I'm sorry, Michael. Is its simply safe right now? Yes? Yes, simply say home security. Oh what a great idea and money brilliantly spent. Yeah, I talk about it all the time. How when I drive away from my house, I just feel better. I look at that little sign I got in front of the door, this house protected by simply safe. No, when I got the cameras set up and all that sort of stuff going on, you can feel that level of comfort too. Millions of Americans enjoy greater security and peace of mind every time they arm their system like I do, and listen to this simply safe active outdoor active guard. Outdoor protection can help prevent breakings before they happen. You got your AI powered cameras and live professional monitoring agents monitoring your property. Anybody starts lurking around acting suspiciously, the agents can see and talk to them in real time. Turn on your spotlights, call the cops whatever's necessary before you get your windows smashed in No long term contracts or cancelation. Monitoring plans start affordably around a buck at day. How much better is that than the old timey security systems. Unbelievable. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. You get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan in your first month is free again, that's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 2: For some reason, that reminded me, I wanted to talk about how my neighbors are making me feel bad about myself unintentionally not but just just like kind of a comparison between me and my kids and them and their kids. On a daily basis, I'm falling away shortenings.
Speaker 1: Ask your AI counselor for comfort and suckor you know, we could either rush through this like maniacs, or I could pay off what do your tax dollars have to do with all of this college campus madness? After a quick break, I advocate the latter plan.
Speaker 2: And I will pay off. How my neighbors are making me feel bad about myself, It's got more to do with me than them. But yeah, maybe I need to move to a neighborhood everybody's like doing meth and has pitbulls.
Speaker 1: Feel better about myself.
Speaker 2: You know you graded on a curve wise exactly we got more of the waist theret getty.
Speaker 4: You need fresh eggs straight from the chicken box. Next you need pickling lime. Next you need a scale in your jar of choice. You're gonna take an ounce of pickle lime to one quart of water. You're gonna place your eggs point down. When you got your jar, pull your ounce of pickle lime to one quart of water. Impalled in and make sure they're completely covering the eggs. We got my liden ring. You're gonna put those on tight and there y'all have it. You just preserved eggs for as long as two years.
Speaker 2: There you go with the ongoing tips for eggs, because apparently all of us eat one hundred eggs per day, and it's the most important thing in the world of the cost of eggs.
Speaker 1: Well in, a rise of thirty percent in the price of eggs is thirty percent in their cost of living.
Speaker 2: Because all I do is eat eggs all the time. It's my entire bill every month, every credit card bill eggs. Sense, that is kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, they are very expensive thanks to the inflation Bertsley, but a have cereal, have like a ham sandwich for breakfast. That's actually pretty enjoyable anyway, So I wanted to pay this off for you. We've been talking about how the a lot of the major universities are actually now bowing to the pressure from the Trump administration to stop being Marxist hives of anti American hate and perversion and flamingly anti Semitic. By the way, even as you swear you're tolerant and welcome all folks, just not the evil Jews at Columbia University, for instance, or UCLA, we never forget anyway. So what does your tax money have to do with this? Now? You might not need to, you know, consider that angle, because the way the universities are pumping out America hating Marxist graduates and many of them are becoming school teachers and indoctrinating your little kids is horrifying enough. But wait, there's more so, As Alicia Finley writes, she's a brilliant writer. Like most colleges, Columbia, who we're just talking about, relies on federal funds and tax exemptions. These subsidies not only allow colleges to exist, they fuel campus radicalism by encouraging the growth of graduate programs and academic departments in social sciences and humanities whose primary goals are to promote left wing political causes rather than like turn loose useful people to society. It's self serving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta break through this because for forever, the whole idea he's going to graduate school, she's going to graduate school was such, you know, a good thing obviously. Oh yeah, gotta break out of that. They're very accomplished. It's not clearly a good thing at all anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I'd say, in the vast majority of cases, it's a time and wasted time and money. Start with unlimited federal borrowing for grad students. Here's your tax dollars at work. The Education Department caps the total amount of federal loans for undergrads. The loan limit has helped keep a lid on college costs, as you know, I've said many times through the years, and people don't get this. When you flood a market for a particular good or service with money or incredibly cheap loans. Say your local car dealer is offering eighty four month loans at one point five percent. You look at that payment, you think, I don't give a crap what the price is. That payment's too good to pass up. So my weather, my f one fifty just went from seventy grand to ninety three grand. I don't care. And universities get that. So you got this unlimited spigot of federal money. The loans are backed, and then Joe Biden tries to forgive them glad that Mummy is out the White House, and so they just have carte launched to raise tuition or whatever they want anyway, So the loan limit has helped keep a lid on college costs. But that's just for undergrads. The net cost of attendance at publican nonprofit colleges after discounts has been flat over the last fifteen years. Partly because inflation has been so high it's just kind of kept up. But colleges, being the resourceful for profit businesses they are, don't tell me, well, no, Joe, they're nonprofits. No, you've got thousands and thousands and thousands of people profiting from their business salaries pensions. Anyway, they boosted revenue by adding pricey graduate programs and enrolling more grad students. Brown University December warned it has a ninety million dollar budget hole owing in Part two quote rapid growth in faculty and staff positions, with staff growth out pacing growth in faculty, how could it possibly be? So it's probably ei positions and crapping, right, So it's just bureaucracy. It's not even teachers. So what are you gonna do at Brown University? One planned budget solution? Double the number of residential masters students. Double it? Wow? And in what jack bioscience? Computer engineering? Huh? Colleges around exactly. Colleges around the country are adding master's programs in such fields as social work, humanitarian, community development, and Middle Eastern studies, often costing six figures to rake in more federal dollars. I love this. Columbia offers master's degrees and negotiating into conflict resolution, sustainability management. You got a master's in sustainability management, nobody even knows what that is, and human capital management, the last being a fancy term for HR. And then Alicia asks, hey, where all those graduate peacemakers when the protesters were tearing Columbia part and occupying building. You should have enlisted their help. So most research universities enrolled two to three times as many grad students as undergrads. Now you know why, man, And it's our tax dollars financing that Marxist hell hole boo, I say boo.
Speaker 2: Sixty minutes took a look last night at the Canadian border and said, yeah, there are people and drugs coming across.
Speaker 1: I was surprised by that. We'll get to that now or three if you miss it.
Speaker 2: The podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty